South Beach Diet - Tuesday's Chatterings

View Full Version : Tuesday's Chatterings

cottagebythesea
08-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Wow, here it is 6:45 and no one has started today's chat! I decided to sleep in a bit this morning, and now I'm feeling a bit guilty about it. :D
Monica and my granddaughters are coming out today to go to the outlets for some school shopping, but I don't know if I feel like going along. If I didn't have Audrey & Maggie with me I'd go, but shopping with them plus Carley just doesn't sound like a good way to spend the day. They plan to come back to my house afterwards for a swim, so I think we'll just wait for them here. I think we'll just order pizza for supper, and I'll make a peach cobbler for dessert.

Coffee's tasting mighty good this morning!

femmecreole
08-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Cottage...good plan. School shopping..ick, I'd rather eat dirt!! Have fun swimming!

Me...just a Tuesday. Work and more work and then for fun, maybe more work and laundry and dishes.

Belle Mer
08-19-2008, 07:31 AM
Good morning Cottage and Femme Creole,

Another hot and humid sunny day here.

Lately there have been quite a few interruptions and distractions, and I find that I'm writing much less than I used to. So I'm hoping to get some words down onto the page today, and ignore the messy house and those closets that need cleaning!

Cottage, enjoy your pizza and cobbler!
Femme Creole, hope you have a great Tuesday!

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Cottage, that dinner plan is NOT BEACHY :P Good thing you are maintaining!

enjoy your day Femme!

Hi belle, simulposting!

Me, Remeber a couple weeks ago I interviewed at a place and really liked it? I have a second interview this afternoon. I'm the only one from the temp agency being called back in. ;)

The new pup (see my cool post in Mondays thread) is so full of energy. He's 100% puppy! Thinking to have him fixed to calm him down. Jade's enjoying having him here to play with. But she's not really letting him get near me too often. He needs a lot of work. He jumps on people (something not allowed in this house.) As I mentioned they didn't work with him at all. Poor boy. I put him in Jade's crate, he's not used to that style crate, and he insists on being in whatever rom I'm in, so I had to move the crate in my bedroom. I had planned on Jade sleeping on a bed (blanket) next to my bed anyway. He finally settled down after about an hour, good thing I was tired and went to bed at 930 rather than 11! HE wanted out sometime around 2 am. So I let both of them out for potty break, When I brought them back into my room he went into the crate no problem (I think he realized it's pretty cool in there.)

I'm still debating on wether getting him was such a good idea, he needs a lot of work. However, I have never seen Jade seem so happy!

You have to read my story on him taking a bath! I still cant get over that.

little chick
08-19-2008, 07:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks, it is pouring here this morning and it is dark and dreary. Kinda of a depressing day. The day is around here is going to be pretty quiet again so I think I will do some kitchen organizing. Although my shoulder is sore and stiff this morning, I think I slept on it. But I need to get my fall and winter season organized, it always makes me feel better.

Cottage Thanks for starting us up this morning, do you ever get the feeling that we wait for you. :lol: I have to take my girls shopping this week end, I am not looking forward to it at all. Enjoy your day with your wee ones and family.

Femme enjoy your day of fun, sounds just like mine.

Belle- Good morning, hope you get some writing done. Good luck on the second interview, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Loriann- your puppy adventures are sound like fun. :wink: glad it is you and not me.

Me- I am back on the beach today, and feeling like a beached whale, my tickerr is lying but I can bring myself to put it to the correct weight. So I am going to organize the kitchen and make my menu plan and do all my prep work for the week. Enough is enough. I need a good butt kicking.

cottagebythesea
08-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Loriann, the pizza is going to be whole wheat with tons of veggies, no meat, and lf cheese. BUT, if I make the cobbler, it has to be made with sugar since Monica and the girls won't eat sugar substitutes. I decided to just serve the peaches sliced over ice cream. SF ice cream for me, of course. :D
Good luck with the interview this afternoon, and congratulations on your new doggie.

Belle Mer, I'm glad you all didn't get blasted by that storm! Have a nice, productive day.

Cat, your day sounds a lot like mine, I hope something fun happens in your day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning, LC! Have fun school shopping this week! Cindy had me go through Audrey & Maggie's clothes yesterday to see what they need. I have a sneaking feeling that I'll be the one to shop for them since she's been so busy. Sigh...........................

AutumnRose
08-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Good morning all! Actually GREAT morning! I weighed in today and have officially lost 20 lbs. since the start of SBD. It's a great feeling and certainly helps the motivation factor. My daughter's oral surgery went fabulously yesterday and she was back to her old self by evening. I spent the day on the couch holding her, so didn't get a workout in but it was well worth it.

COTTAGE- Peach cobbler.... I am so jealous lol

FEMME - Have a nice Tuesday!

BELLE - Good luck on your writings!

LORIANN- Good luck on the second interview! Crossing fingers for you!

LITTLE - Have a great time doing prep work and getting back on track!

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Cottage, I knew better than to think you'd go all out! But I had to josh you!

I need to revamp. I haven't been eating as often as I should, maybe two meals a day, if I'm lucky. So, off to the kitchen to make egg muffins! I hope to have a chance to make my taco bake tonight. :)

OK< I'llk go after the pups stop playing ... Guiness is under my chair and Jade is next to it and they are puppy playing! :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is 7 months old too late too change his name? Although all his paper work says "Guiness" I'm thinking of getting him used to something I chose and like. I just don't care for Guiness. I doubt I'd be able to change his name on his AKC paperwork though, something i need to look into.

little chick
08-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Autumn- Congrats on the 20 pounds.

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys, I hope they will hire me!

ARGH, they told me he was potty trained! I went tot he bathroom and he had taken a dump in the hall! More work on my part! ARGH.

Why can't folks be upfront about what their dog that they want to rehome can and can't do?

Pearlrose
08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone,

Cottage have a good day and enjoy your cobbler.

Lori- sounds like new puppy just needs some work and no it is not too late to change his name. We did when we adopted a 1 year old and he did great with name change and good luck with job

AutumnRose- congratulations now for me to get motivated to get off maintaining.

BelleMar- good luck on getting lots of writing done.

LittleChick- enjoy the quiet time

Cat enjoy the work :)

Me work today but wfh so not too bad- it will be quiet since kids are in school just have to get them off to school, tonight is open house for DD2 so have to drag the school supplies in four bags worth yikes.

Have a great day today

Kim_Star060404
08-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Good morning, everyone! I feel like the prodigal, coming back after being bad, bad, bad! :lol:

Cottage: I agree with LC! I think we all just wait for you in the morning! ;) I don't think I'd want to hit the outlets today, either. I think your plan for the day sounds great. DH and I were talking about pizza last night...maybe I should put some WW pizza on the menu for next week. Do you make your own crust or buy it? I'm not sure I can find pre-made here.

Cat: Good morning! Sounds like a lot of work going on in LA this morning!! Hope its a productive and satisfying day for you!

BelleMer: I'm not doing anything as incredible as writing a book, but I know what you mean about the closets that need cleaning being a distraction. I find it hard to be productive when I'm surrounded by messes. Good luck getting some pages done!

Loriann: Congrats on your new pup! Sounds like he's a good fit for Jade, so I hope you can get him trained and used to things quickly. Good luck with your second interview!

LC: I'm with you in all departments. I need a good SB butt-kicking too! I'll be looking at some of my cookbooks throughout the week. We're in a bit of a slump. I hope your shoulder feels better. Happy organizing!

AutumnRose: Congrats on your 20 lb loss! :bravo::hat: What a great accomplishment! I'm glad your DD's surgery went well. Hope the recovery is quick!

Me: My goodness gracious, I have fallen off the beach! Last week in Austin, the eating wasn't that bad, but not great and I didn't get a single workout in. Thankfully, I didn't gain and may have actually had a loss as my Sunday weigh-in may have included a bit of monthly water-weight. I consider myself to be on D1, P2 today and I'll just have to see how that goes.

DH and I are going to the coast next weekend to visit his mom and his dad, two weeks later I go back to Austin for another class, three weeks after that, I have my South County inspections (that is the WORST), then the baby shower two weeks after that and then its NOVEMBER! AUGH! All this traveling is fun, and I definitely love shopping in Austin, but its SO hard to stay OP when we're on the road. I've just got to buckle down and be creative. (No refrigerators or microwaves in any of our hotels...sigh.)

Well, I've got to go buy a cake for one of the girls' birthdays at work. :rolleyes: I asked if I could bring a fruit salad instead and they all got ticked off at me. Oh well, at least I don't have to eat it.

~Kim

lotstoolooze
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
I was released to go back to work. So...wish me luck and lots of energy. The doc says I am going to be really tired. :(

It's quiche again for breakfast and grilled chicken salad for lunch.

Chat with you all tonite.:)

Theresa

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone...

Cottagebythesea, have fun with tonight's dinner with your daughter (or daughter-in-law, I'm not actually sure) and granddaughters. Have you ever tried sneaking in some splenda with cobblers before to see if they notice? I made SBD PB cookies and my BF never knew the difference and he absolutely refuses to eat things with sugar subs. I wish the places around me would serve whole wheat pizza!

Femmecreole, have fun at work. You are teaching now right? How is that going?

Belle Mer, are you a writer? Good luck with your writing today. Those closets can wait. I say this everyday and then it turns out to be months later and still the same mess... heh heh.

Loriann, the new puppy sounds like a bundle of fun! At first when you said "Jade" I thought you meant a child, but then realized you probably meant the adorable black dog in your avatar? She is precious. I'm sure he can be retrained to come to a new name. We once got a golden retriever from a german lady, the dog's name was Failte, 'welcome' in German (.....why would ANYBODY name their dog "welcome"? Weird) We should have changed her name but we didn't. You still have the chance. :D Enjoy the pups!

Little Chick, good luck going back on ph 1 (or is it 2?) Hope you will join us phase oners on the phase one chick thread. :D

Autumn Rose, what a great achievement on the loss! Also, glad to hear your daughter's surgery went well. :)

PearlRose, have fun at open house tonight! Open house used to fill me with dread.. "oh no, it's that time again!" Now I have my son's open house to look forward to, which will still be a few years.

Kimstar, don't worry, I'm sure you'll get right back on the wagon and do just great. :D

Lotstolooze, congrats on going back to work, hope that you don't feel too tired! Mm, quiche for breakfast, I definitely need to do that sometime. Great idea. I hope you are going remember to get your snacks in, though! I like to have celery and hummus or a small serving of nuts is quick and easy.

Me: I ran out of eggs, forget to get more yesterday, and had to think quick! So I cooked 3 slices of turkey bacon and improvised a "BLT ranch" salad for breakfast: lettuce, tomato, chopped green pepper, chopped cucumber, peppercorn ranch dressing, and of course the bacon crumbled all over the top. Yum! I'm still hungry though, so I'll get in some dairy and drink a cup of FF milk.

My orphaned black kittens have grown healthy and strong and just adorable... I feel a sense of accomplishment... and attachment... they're my babies now.

Now I'm debating on what to have for lunch since I had salad for breakfast and already used up my ranch dressing allowance for the day. Maybe some quick chicken and broccoli stirfry with peanuts thrown on top, yum, that sounds promising. :D

cottagebythesea
08-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Lots of chattering going on in here this morning! :)

Melanie, even though the claims are that Splenda is safe for everyone, I won't feed it to children, and my daughter actually gets headaches from it. I would never sneak it in without letting people know. I know others get a bad reaction to it, too.

Kim, I can buy 100% ww dough at Wegman's and Trader Joe's, and they're both pretty good. I sometimes make my own, but time is a big factor in that. I'm sending you some will-power to avoid that cake today!

:wave: to everyone I've missed and those of you to come!

Pacergal29
08-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Good Morning, you all are chatty this morning. No time for personals, I have such a hard time getting motivated on Mondays, couple that with just an overall crappy feeling and I didn't get much done at work yesterday, so today MUST be more productive. I'm on a new bonus program at work, it requires I close 10 loans a month, I am at 7 with 9 working days left, not out of the question by any means.

Feeling closer to being back to me today. Damn hormones!

Hope you all have a great day, I will check in later.

weezle
08-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Just a quick run-by fruiting! We had a cereal mishap this morning (Little Guy dumped his tray over, full bowl of Fruity Pebbles and whole milk ALL over the carpet) so I'm running a wee bit behind.

Lori, also remember that when doggies are taken out of an environment where they're comfortable and put in a new environment (or when they're just flat-out ticked) they tend to change their habits. Maybe he was potty trained and it'll only take a couple of days to get him into a new routine. I know that my parents' dogs start going in the house as soon as they see a suitcase come out of the closet, for example. Good luck to you, and let us know what his name will be!

AAAGHHH I gotta get in the shower. Hope you girls (and Matt) have a good day!

Lisa

Schmoodle
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Good morning chicks and rooster,
Didn't get much done yesterday so I'll need to step it up today. I just felt really blah and headachey all day. The boys conned me into taking them down to Hobbytown for a game of Warhammer in the afternoon, so I took DD2 along and we got the school supply shopping done while they played. At least I can check that off the list. It drives me crazy, every year I'm running to 3 different stores looking for one oddball item. This year it was an orange spiral notebook. Who came up with that? Why must it be orange? I don't think they make them, but we finally found one with a big dog on an orange background so that'll have to do.
Fortunately we don't do the back-to-school clothes shopping thing. I never got that, who wants to go buy fall clothes now anyway? They won't be able to wear them for a couple of months, and if you wait that long, they'll be on sale. And why buy summer stuff this late in the season that they probably ,won't be able to wear next summer? I did let DD pick one special new outfit to wear on the first day, but otherwise, she's got a closet stuffed with clothes, and DS couldn't care less.

Reading back over my post, I think I sound a little cranky. sorry chicks, I am waiting for the toddy to finish filtering so I can have my coffee.

lotstolose, good luck with back-to-work. Were you out for medical reasons?
Poor Kim, you are up to the challenge, dear! Do the best you can.
Pearl, I am counting the days until I have my house back during the day. 6,5,4,3,2,1...
lc, happy organizing day!
Autumn, glad to hear things went well for DD. And congrats on hitting the 20 lb. mark!
Good luck with the interview Loriann.
Belle, stuff cotton in your ears so you can't hear the messy closets calling.
cottage yep, I'd avoid that shopping trip too.
Cat your day sounds like mine, whoopee!

It's going to be a hot one today, maybe a trip to the pool this evening...
I just take too long to write these posts, sorry so much simulposting, good morning to you all.

Barb0522
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Morning, everyone! As soon as Brian finishes breakfast, we are heading to San Antonio. It's a 5 hour drive (maybe more since we are going to get rain today) but we plan to at least get our Six Flags Fiesta Texas passes today and spend some time at the park. Looks like today is the best chance for rain and then only 30% the next few days.

I'll be back late on Friday so it will probably be Saturday before I check in as I'm leaving my laptop home. :) That's the only way I will stay out of working.

GONNABE165
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Morning! Looks like Fay is taking a different direction. We should start feeling her this afternoon and she will then head out into the ocean and then come back inland with a direct hit on Jacksonville at 2am on Friday so eveyone and everything is up in the air.

Hope everyone has a safe day

Ruthxxx
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
19 posts and it's just after 9:30! Oy!

Good thing Cottage started us up and you didn't wait for me as my power went out at 7 last night and just came back on. I canceled some appointments and now have to call back to see if I can re-book. I'll be back later to read and post.

ladybugnessa
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Is 7 months old too late too change his name? Although all his paper work says "Guiness" I'm thinking of getting him used to something I chose and like. I just don't care for Guiness. I doubt I'd be able to change his name on his AKC paperwork though, something i need to look into.

nope it's easy to change his name. Bagel was Onxy when I got him. I hated it. I called him Onxy-Bagel for about a week then slowly dropped the Onxy and just used bagel... it's just a call name for AKC dogs anyway,

Hi guys and gals,

i'm having major computer problems at home and at work got some malware going on at home... not sure what's up with work.

i'm up on the scale. between the IBS and the ankle acting up (it gets edema internally that causes water retention all over) i'm up 2 pounds AND cranky about it.

JessieW
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Just a quick hi this morning. Loriann, I am jealous, maybe we just have the wrong crate for our pup but he is 4 and still hates going in the crate. It is so frustrating. I think he is one of those separation anxiety dogs...like he doesn't have enough other issues.

I am feeling extremely hormonal and weepy, so I will just say hi and go get to work instead of ranting. :)

Jessie

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Cottagebythesea, I apologize for my sneaky suggestion, I didn't know Splenda could do that sort of stuff to people. Now I know better than to sneak it in! I was definitely fooled by the safe claims that the company makes. I need to pay attention next time I use some splenda and see if I notice myself having any reactions. I know that sorbitol in sugar free desserts gives me horrible cramps and gas! ( I know, too much info.) I'm glad to know the real deal about Splenda now, though. :)

Pacergal, I'm with ya on the unmotivational Mondays... it's the worst day of the week for me, sometimes.

Weezle, sounds like you had a busy morning. I can't wait til my son's dumping cereal everywhere. At the moment the most he does is grab his spoon, wave it all around, and try to get it to his mouth. It's fun to see them grow.

Schmoodle, how old are your children? Kids always seem to want one particular thing for back-to-school... for me, it was Lisa Frank folders and notebooks. Loved that stuff.

Barb, I hope you and your son have a fantastic day in san Antonio, that sounds really fun! I'm envious.

Gonnabe165, I hope everything's okay with the storm. Our weatherman keeps acting like it's going to hit us (NC) but then other reports say we will just feel the aftermath. Who knows!

Ruthxx, did you have a storm there?

Lady Nessa, that doesn't sound fun. If you haven't fixed it near evening I can probably help. If you find out what's wrong, later on when my BF gets home, he could probably tell me how you could fix it without having to take it to a computer shop, and I would be glad to post how. He is a licensed computer tech on the side. Not sure, but it should be an easy problem to solve.

JessieW, isn't pregnancy just great?! :p

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Weezle! I wish t hat were the case! Joe admitted to me yesterday that Guiness had gone poop in his crate yesterday! And they didn't even clean the crate when they gave it to me. smelled my entire car up something AWEFUL!

Jesse, Crate training is easy when you know how to do it. get a treat your dog loves. put the treat in there to encourage going in there. make sure at first you stay where he can see you while he's in there. then after ten minutes let him out. Perhaps put the crate in your room at n ight where he can see you while your sleeping, this should encourage him that the crate is safe. Last night I tried leaving the crate in the office where Jade had beensleeping, but Guiness, wherever I go he goes (including IN the shower, have to close the bathroom door now!) so I put the crate in my room and I was able to get some sleep. He woke me around 2 so I let him go potty, but he went right back in after said potty. I just tried putting him in crate so Jade and he could have a nap, took some doing, but finally threw the treats in there and he went in, I closed the door. I kept using the work "load" and Jade kept going in, so I had to give her her treat! and then tell her to get out! LOL.... poor Jade is confused! Not sure why I am u sing her crate for this puppy. But Jade is to an age I can leave her out of the crate and all she'll do is get in the garbage! I can deal with that. :)

zeffryn
08-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Schmoo - my husband used to play warhammer....now he just reads the books and secretly plays with the figurines....I think he's embarrassed. Almost 30!
He's such a sucker for a good warhammer novel though....ugh!

Just finished up with breakfast and the dishes and now I need to plan the rest of my day. I'm entertaining tonight (at my dad's house), and the gumbo that I'm making takes a bit of time. I also need to make a roasted beet salad and a chocolate pecan pie. I have no idea how I'm going to get this all finished. DH said he would help though...thank god!

I'll check in later. Hope everyone has a great day!

ladybugnessa
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Melanie, thanks for the offer but I do network security for the federal government. I have it under control.

on Crate training. both bagel and hannah love the crate... i find hannah in hers all the time (with the door open... it's her HOUSE... we store stuff on top (well it's 4 feet tall, 3 feet wide and 4 feet deep)...

btw I never entice them into the crate but they do get a yummy 99% of the time when they go in. every so often we don't give them one. they still go.

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Sorry Lady Nessa, I didn't mean to be offensive or anything or act like you were a layperson regarding computers, it was just a dumb assumption of mine because I personally don't know how to fix computers myself and I'm used to people knocking on our door wanting BF to call them when he gets home, to work on their computers. I didn't know you did network security for the feds, that's pretty awesome! :) I should probably not just automatically assume that my BF is the only person who knows how to work on computers... lol. :p I've always got my foot in my mouth! :lol:

ladybugnessa
08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry Lady Nessa, I didn't mean to be offensive or anything or act like you were a layperson regarding computers, it was just a dumb assumption of mine because I personally don't know how to fix computers myself and I'm used to people knocking on our door wanting BF to call them when he gets home, to work on their computers. I didn't know you did network security for the feds, that's pretty awesome! :) I should probably not just automatically assume that my BF is the only person who knows how to work on computers... lol. :p I've always got my foot in my mouth! :lol:

it's ok really. you had no idea what i did. with my avatar you must have thought i was nothing but a pretty face.... :D

little chick
08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
OH Nessa you are a pretty face..:lol:

KO
08-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Just a fly by b/c I'm up to my ears in Projects
Re warhammer My gfs dh plays that My 34 year old dh plays Warcraft UGH!!!!
Forgot my iron yesterday so I had some forays off plan and at the ILs last night so we ordered chinese which I'm having for breakfast and lunch today as DH stayed till 12:15 so if i hadn't had that I'd starve!
(no scooter to get out of the building)
Mel :) Failte means Welcome In Irish Cead mille Failte A thousand Welcomes
the dog lady was wrong!
ok back to the grind!
oh and Nessa you have a great expressive face!

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes, indeed she is! She is radiant and glowing. :D

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 10:46 AM
J
Mel :) Failte means Welcome In Irish Cead mille Failte A thousand Welcomes
the dog lady was wrong!

Mmm, chinese. *salivates* I will make my own homemade chicken chinese stiryfry for lunch.

Heh, I always thought Failte sounded more like irishy or something, my mom was probably confused. The german lady probably named the dog an irish name for some reason or another, and then my mom assumed that 'failte' was german! (heh, the nature of assuming I must have got from her!)

Schmoodle
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Hee Zeff, DS and his friend are 11YO grasshoppers. Their Sensei is my 16YO nephew. I think they eventually want to get into the Saturday tournaments at the hobby shop, but they are still learning, and assembling armies, I guess? I think it's funny, it reminds me of D&D, which is a hoot because I actually briefly dated a dungeon master before I reallized he was a controlling freak. I never played though. But I digress. Anyway, I guess there are plenty of worse things they could be doing, although I feel I should caution them that this probably won't help with getting the girls. Not that they care at this point. Girls are still icky, thank goodness. I didn't realize there were books, I'll have to look into that. Anything to interest DS in reading.

JessieW
08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
My DH and his dork buddies play HeroQuest, and I will admit I laugh at him for playing with toys. :) But hey, I have my own issues.

We are having Thai Chicken Satay Stir-Fry Tonight! So excited. :) Will have to check if it's SBD-safe and I can post the recipe...I think the stir-fry is but it has a peanut sauce which has honey and OJ in it. Are there SBD-happy peanut sauces?

hmacneil6
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!

Cottage - Enjoy your pizza and cobbler today, sounds like such a nice treat for all involved.

Cat - So funny that you don't like back to school shopping. I LOVE it. I think it's why I buy clothes on my 3 weeks off and I simply adore going to Office Depot to get a new folder and pens and such for my office. I was never the best student, but I always looked put together ;)

Belle - GET WRITING my friend. My dh writes and I understand what your going through because he does the same thing. But you just have to get writing, even if it's something new, some new story. Get those fingers tapping. Good luck!

Loriann - First off, good luck on the interview today! I'm really hoping all goes well. Secondly, I think you've got to keep the pup. I know they can be a lot of work, but you already said Jade is so happy. You've given your companion a gift that only a new dog can be.....so train the dog and you'll have two very happy companions!

L/c - Welcome back to joining us on the beach. Just get back in and start working the program....it'll all come back to you, just make it work!

Autumn - CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's such a great milestone. The first 20 is such an accomplishment. Keep up the great work! Glad to hear that everything went well for you DD as well!

Pearlrose - Have fun at back to school night!

Kim - Get working the program! No whining, no excuses. You've done so well, just get back on the sand and work it!!!! And if you have to buy a cake, then pick up a basket of berries and F/F half and half for you. You'll be surprised at how everyone will be envious of your treat.

Theresa - Good job on your first day. Have a good time going back to work. I hope you have energy tonight to cook yourself a great dinner.

Melanie - Great job on "punting" and finding a good alternative for breakfast. Your stir fry for lunch sounds yummy!

Stephanie - Good luck on your bonus! You can definately do it!!!

Weezle - Sorry your day started with a mess. Sounds like you've got a good attitude about it. Hopefully your day will get better from here!

Schmoodle - We understand cranky! But because your Schmoo, who seems to always be chipper and kind, it's ok....it's showing us that you're human. Good job getting the school shopping done. BTW....I still love shopping for Back to School items, but I guess because we really don't have seasons, most of the clothes we buy out here are year round.

Barb - Have a great time at Six Flags! I hope the rain stays away!

Gonna - Hope your day stays relatively dry today!

Ruth - Glad to hear that you're power is back up. I hope it doesn't make your day too topsy-turvy.

Nessa - Don't be cranky! It'll be better....as it always it.

Jessie - It's ok to be weepy.....this is one of the few times in your life when you get the chance to be totally emotional and no one gives you grief for it. I hope you're feeling better by now! Adding: My dh has heroquest and doesn't have anyone to play with him. But he's such a geek about it......I need to find him some heroquest friends to play with!

Zeff - Hope you're able to get everything done for tonight. The gumbo I'm sure is FANTASTIC!!!

KO - Do what you need to do for you. And then make better choices the day after. Keep it up!

ME - BOY.. that was a lot of personals! But since I have the time I'm happy to say hi to all of you!!! Today is a day of pampering for me :) This morning I'm getting my toes done, and then I get my eyebrows waxed and a haircut and color this afternoon. We've got a magazine party tonight, so I thought today would be a good time to get it done before vacation. Went to Lane Bryant yesterday and bought 3 new bras, 10 pairs of panties, and 3 shirts for $100.00. VERY EXCITED!!! Pretty pleased with the purchases!
We're getting set for our vacation and making plans. I really think it'll be a great time! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that TOM doesn't show up while there.....that would kind of put a damper on things ;)
Have a good one, ladies and Matt!
ENJOY!!!

Fat Melanie
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
PB, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ginger all together make a heavenly peanut sauce.

ladybugnessa
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
ME - BOY.. that was a lot of personals! But since I have the time I'm happy to say hi to all of you!!! Today is a day of pampering for me This morning I'm getting my toes done, and then I get my eyebrows waxed and a haircut and color this afternoon. We've got a magazine party tonight, so I thought today would be a good time to get it done before vacation. Went to Lane Bryant yesterday and bought 3 new bras, 10 pairs of panties, and 3 shirts for $100.00. VERY EXCITED!!! Pretty pleased with the purchases!

oh have fun. I spent a bloody fortune at LB this weekend. waiting on my woman bucks to spend them in early September....

zeffryn
08-19-2008, 05:04 PM
gumbo is simmering....okra is cooking down.....beets are roasting....pie is ready to throw in the oven....

I hope this all comes together.

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 05:24 PM
OK, What does everyone think of Johnny for my male dog's name, keep in mind he's black lab. If you have any sugggestions pls post them!

The interview went well. I felt a great rapport with the entire team I interviewed with. And the receptionist shared with me that I'm the only one they called back for a second interview thus far!

Jenskihere
08-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Dinner is quickly approaching. We are having chicken tacos (I am going to have mine on lettuce leaves instead of tortillas.)
Are black olives and avocados allowed on phase 1?
Thanks,
Jenny

Jenskihere
08-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I found this online:

Other Fat Choices:
Avocado - 1/3 whole = 1 TBS oil
Olives (Green or Ripe) 15 = 1/2 TBS

Does this mean I can have either 1/3 of an avocado OR 15 black olives with my tacos? Not both?

Schmoodle
08-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Jenny, you get 2 servings of fat/day which is 2 T of oil, but you can substitute 1 serving of avocados AND 1 serving of olives if you like (as long as you haven't had other added fats that day). So you could have 1/3 of an avocado and 15 olives and that would be the equivalent of 1.5T of your 2 T fat allotment for the day.

SunshineCA
08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone! :)

Just popping in to say hello. I haven't been on much lately as I've been very busy. I've been on today sporadically but I'm catching up. Slowly but surely. :)

I'm still hanging in there with the plan. Nothing can deter me from this way of life. Even though the temptations are out there, I will not give in. ;)

choices
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
just a quickie to mention i'm still in the game..although didn't lose anything this last week...:mad:
ABOUT THE BLACK LAB..if you get the job,what about calling him lucky..;)
I made a spinach dish that turned out fab..from a cookbk. I bought awhile ago..it was great..although you have to love spinach..(i do) also had greek cheese in it..turned out delicious..i will be back w/the rec.if anyone is interested.
I am definitely in a funk:mad:regarding my lack of losing poundage...even rethinking if this is the eating plan for me..hope someone can talk some sense into me,
Until then, i'm staying on track....choices..

little chick
08-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Day one complete.

SunshineCA
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Good for you! :)

EofAZ
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Loriann -- I just had to tell you I thought of you first thing this morning. I turned around in my shower to find my little black pug, Ebony, balancing on the end of the tub checking to see if I was finished yet. She often will peak around the curtain but this is the first time she climbed on the edge. She is just too blasted cute. Her cutest is when she starts howling, she has a very soft voice so you can’t hardly hear her but she has the pose all worked out and she tips her head as far back as she can get it. I think she is a wan-a-be coyote.

If I had a big black dog I probably would think about naming him Angus, Cinder, or Shadow.

KO
08-19-2008, 09:33 PM
TBH Johnny makes me think of Johnny on the spot or Johnny cat. . .not good Potty Karma!
Trust me I have (MOm has) a shih tzu I named murphy and for quite some time he was the Murphys law dog

Since you have Jade. . How about onyx? I do Like Aengus
Ciar is the Irish Word for Black (Pronounced Kear)
or (to show my harry Potter nerd dom ) How about Nox? its the spell that puts the lights out
Just look at his face and see what it says to you!

Schmoodle
08-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Happy Birthday Sunshine! Hope you had a fun evening, whatever you did.

choices, I'd love to see the recipe, always on the hunt for another good one, and I love spinach. What do you think the problem is with the stall? Eating all your veggies? Watching those nuts and fats? Exercise? How many grains and fruits/day? How long without a loss? Do you want to post your menus for us to see if we can help figure it out?

good job LC!

Loriann7
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
I thought of lucky! my sister didn't care for it. Here's the choices I'm thinking... Johnny, Tucker, Jesse, Andy... Johnny was my brother's name, but since you pointed out "johnny on the spot"... um, how does tucker sound? :)

Too funny about the pug!