Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 AM   #1  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Default I wore a skirt today

I'm really happy! Although I've been kinda lazy on my diet lately, I've been getting back on track and today I went out to the city to Bumble and Bumble for a model call for hair, and my friend told me to dress nice so I thought well I might as well wear a skirt for once.
I had a skirt I bought from Charlotte Russe that I wanted to wear once I lost a little more weight, it is a bubble skirt with a plaid waist-band with a bow in the front, VERY cute. It is a size medium.. at first I thought you were supposed to wear it low and it didn't fit so I thought well I'll wear it when I'm thinner, but then I realize it is a high-waisted skirt.. Anyway, lol so yeah I wore it today and it was a HUGE accomplishment for me because I've been trying to dress nicer not only did it look good on me but I felt good in it!!
I rarely like skirts, especially because it is hard to find a top to wear with one, but I must say I felt really good in that skirt!! This was a HUGE, "mini-goal" for me hehe.

Next "mini-goal"? Once I hit goal, I'm going to get a cute dress and go out to celebrate!
This whole process hasn't just been about weight-loss, and I'm very happy to see the progress I'm making in many other aspects!

Oh and I made it in the model call, I'm getting a free cut next Monday =D

Last edited by Starrynight; 08-19-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #2  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Wow talk about celebration!!! - skirt and model call!! WAAAY to go!!!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #3  
Becoming better overall

Thanks!!
Although it was for hair, still it's pretty cool to get a free cut!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:12 AM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Oh fun!!!!!!! I can't wait for the day I feel confident wearing a skirt in public.....

My best friend lives in Beijing and they always want her to hair model but she doesnt know what to expect so she always turns it down. Be sure to update when it happens!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #5  
Becoming better overall

Well the model calls are at Bumble and Bumble university so basically it isn't official b/c you come in periodically when you want, and they just use your hair to demonstrate how to do certain cuts to other people. It can go good or bad, but luckily for my hair they had a variety of cuts they needed to do so I got to choose getting layers done. I've heard mixed reviews but they usually let you know before hand what kinda cut they want to do on you. Honestly I think it is pretty great, these guys charge $91 a cut and that is the cheapest service they offer!
I hope they do a good job! It's really cool because you also get the option to get your hair styled for free (same concept with Bumble n Bumble products) and also getting your hair colored!
I can't wait though, my appointment is next Monday so I'll post results then!

And btw, I really didn't feel confident to wear a skirt today but I forced myself to wear it just because I didn't feel like jeans were appropriate! Sometimes you gotta make yourself try new things
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, what a fun NSV!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

Congratz, hope to accomplish that aswell! =D
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #8