Old 08-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Smile Weekly Chat Aug 18-24

Good Morning Ladies!

My weekend was good. I got all moved into my new place. Didn't workout at all last week, but I think moving is a good replacement.

Got my gear in the car to go workout after work. I just have this huge headache this morning!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #2  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

The weekend was alright...I guess. I didn't do too bad. I’m noticing that I’m binging like crazy on Saturday nights. I ate so much that couldn’t even move. And I didn’t work out at all—well I danced for an hour, but that doesn’t feel like a real work out. Luckily, I only put on half a pound. What the **** is wrong with me? This is the 3rd weekend in a row that I have binged to the point of immobility on Saturday night. So starting next week....I know, but I need to go to the grocery store and I'm not scheduled for that until Friday after work. So yeah, starting next week, I am purging my house of all the bad stuff....or at least throwing it into the back of the cabinet. Out of sight, out of mind. This includes the candy and the popcorn and the cookies and hot chocolate and those addictive bagels. And even *sniff* the frozen Target fries. I'm going to be all good from now until I lose these darn 60lbs. I am SICK of this plateau. Plus I have a birthday in like 6 weeks and 20lbs by then would be nice. I will reward myself with a new outfit. I WILL DO THIS!

...I hope...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 AM   #3  
I will do this.

cali I am right there with ya girl - only throw in a few bottles of wine and some chinese food.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #4  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Heh, me too, except replace the wine with excessive amounts of ice cream.
Interestingly, my fortune cookie said, "You have had a good start. Work harder!"
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #5  

I hear you girls. Yesterday was my first whole day at my new place with a new roommate. For some reason, I wanted to eat. I'm so glad I didn't have any junk food in the house because 9 last night I really wanted junk food. I almost thought about going to the store.... but thankfully I had already taken my shower and had wet hair and I was like there is no way I'm driving to the store to get junk food, that's just ridiculous. Instead, I watched the Olympics and seeing all those athletes totally killed my craving for junk food.

My roommate tells me that I have too many veggies in the fridge and she needs more room. I was like this is definitely a first. Too many veggies?!?! I'm still stuck at 285 but I actually ate 1,800 cal Sat and Sun to see what my body would do since everyone is telling me I need more calories. I didn't gain any. I wonder if I should keep doing it?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies...
I got sick over the weekend and it's gotten worse... I still haven't seen doctor but I am starting to think I really should go see him... I did get to work out till Saturday but Sunday, I ended up sleeping in for 16 hours..until I really had to get up for work. I really hope I will feel better soon...

Oh, and I weighed 178.6 on my new official weigh-in day, Saturday. Yay!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

Yeah, I had turkey, avocado and jack egg rolls (home recipe) and french fries with barbeque sauce. You know it's when bad you just sit there and groan afterwards. But fries with honey barbeque sauce are personal weakness of mine.

Tara: I weight in on Saturdays too...only because I know I'm good all week and if I weighed in Mondays, I might fall into a depression spiral because of the way I tend to binge. Feel better, ok? If you've been running a temp, you may want to go see a Dr.

Here we go again: all of my veggies are in the freezer, which is probably why I never eat them. Last night, I pulled them out the back and put the fries in their place. So now when I open the freezer, they are the first thing I see. My gentle reminder.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #8  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Cali, that's the same reason I changed it to Saturday. My weigh-in used to be Monday but I'm horrible on weekends that I thought if I weigh on Saturday, it may keep me on track. Also, I did and am going to do TBL challenge and their week is Sun-Sat.. So although the deadline for posting weight is Monday, if I actually weigh on Monday, I realized that's not really weight for SUn-Sat but more like next week's weight. Thanks... I hope I will feel better soon too...I don't have a fever but my throat is swollen, def...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post

Here we go again: all of my veggies are in the freezer, which is probably why I never eat them. Last night, I pulled them out the back and put the fries in their place. So now when I open the freezer, they are the first thing I see. My gentle reminder.
That's awesome Cali! You have better self control than I have.... I'd have to give the fries away for at least hide my olive oil and just bake them. I think the only reason why I'm eating so many veggies is b/c I can't get over how cheap they are in CA. In Arkansas, they were a lot more expensive.

Although I got groceries, I was feeling like I didn't have any food, my fridge was very full.... isn't that funny? I ended up cutting up some carrots and had a hay day with them.... all that chomping really helped me!

I heard the other day that raw bell peppers helps your metabolism. Has anyone heard this?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #10  
Get through today

Hey Ya'll --

My weekend was really good because I got so much stuff done (washed windows, cleaned, organized some, ordered checked (which I've been putting off for MONTHS), and a bunch of other stuff on my list) and feel really good about it. I'm also really struggling with my life in general, like the *big* questions (what's the meaning? what am I doing? where do I want to go? Who with? etc.) and it just keeps coming back to this stuff. I'm just really trying to fill my life with stuff to keep me occupied and my mind off of things I don't have control over. (Yeah, kinda heavy stuff...) But it is a beautiful day outside and I'm living for the moment. I have a little more cleaning to do, then I am making this tofu dish that I'm really excited about. Already got my workout in and it's not even noon yet. Today is going to be a good day!

Here we go again -- Congrats on the move and everything!! As for the roomie, that's funny about the veggies... too many, maybe they are taunting her. hehe. Do you have a system for the fridge/freezer? Like you each get two shelves and a drawer or something like that?

taragettingthin -- ooh, I hope you feel better! and congrats on the weigh-in!

Happy Monday EVERYONE!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #11  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. I was too intimidated to start posting here last week. It was like 5 pages long when I got there...

here we go again Moving is totally a good replacement for a workout. I mean picking up boxes and moving them about is totally like weight training... And too many veggies????? How is that possible?! hee hee. Good on you for that.

caligirl Weekends are totally my problem time too, when I'm in school or working a regular week. I just find not being busy or not finding people to do stuff with on the weekend leads me to eat out of boredom. When I binge it's almost always a friday night... But it sounds like you have some great ideas to change that. Moving the veggies around is good.

Just keep swimming hmmmm ice cream. Must. Resist.

Bella I'm like you, if I keep busy it's all good. Especialy when I have those BIG questions on my mind. They're always there. And I mean I don't think I need to worry about those things yet (I'm only 20...). But still I do.

So my weekend was okay. I'm finding since getting back to "reality" after tree planting this summer I'm eating way too much. When I was planting what I ate didn't really matter b/c I was active ALL day. Now I'm just eating a little too much and I really don't want to start gaining weight back...

Anyway I'm not sure how I should go about this. I've lost weight before, but maintaining the loss has always been the problem. I'm scared to weigh-in or measure myself in case I've gained, like, one pound or something. I'm worried if I've gained a pound it's the beginning of going up and up and up. Or that seeing that little gain which is probably nothing will send me into a feeling of depression that will lead me to binge and just bring me back to where I was over a year ago...
Arg. It's so annoying.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #12  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey guys... thought I might jump in here. There is no 20- forum so this is the nearest age group I can really relate to! Anyway just introducing myself.. Hi I'm Lauren I'm 18 this Thursday so a little younger, but nearly there. Nice to meet you all!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #13  

LOL! Spoz, when I was 17, I used to always hang at the 20-something boards on ivillage, so I completely understand.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #14  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

Hi there! I'm Lo, I use to post around here, then I stopped... anyway...
hi Spoz! I can also relate, being 18. I turn 19 next week though, hate it!!... bah, I hope to lose some weight by then.
later
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #15  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

OMG, its another week already? what happened?
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote