Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #54

HI & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-18-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Good Morning everyone. I guess..lol. I hope your day is going better than mine.

Mine started off with a panic attack..so everyone's has to be better right? LoL!!! I went to sleep with one, and woke up with one. But I totally over did it yesterday. I over stressed myself out for no reason. But things got done in time..so thats all that matters.

We bought that cat spray stuff..and had to spray it around the house. I was making the cats nervous, LOL. But the stuff made me sneeze..so I guess it didnt work on me, lol. Fonzo does think I need some stress free stuff. I was like..heck ya, but you gave away my tequila, lol.

OKay well...to avoid more attacks today, I'm not gonna eat anything. I doubt I'll be able to eat tomorrow either. Ughh...
Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #3  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, and a good morning to all!

Did I mention my 30 day challenge? Well, Saturday was the first day of my challenge of no eating out for 30 days. Today is day three and so far, so good. I thought I would be having withdrawals, lol...but I am fine. Had my bowl of shredded wheat but no banana Have to go to the grocery store later and get some.

Exercise is done...feels good getting it out of the way. I used to spread it out thru-out the day but now I like getting it done first thing. Nice not having to worry about when I will fit it in. Even worked out yesterday...my free day. Well, sort of...I took Chase on a 3 mile bike ride...geez, louise! My legs were hurting...need to ride the bike more often. Then I mowed the front and back...it was a really, nice, cool day, anywho...

MINDEE...I guess I didn't realize that your sis didn't invite you guys. And sorry that your family wasn't there for ya on your special day But like you said...the people who mattered the most were there and that is really all that matters.

SUSAN...so have you decided on which apt to go with yet? I was going to say the one with the school you like but then the second one sounds good too. I'm no help, lol. Keeping my fingers crossed you get the one you want. So what movies did you guys get?

FRANCIE...so tomorrow is the BIG day! I am excited for you guys, moving day is finally here Try not to get stressed today and be safe tomorrow and enjoy the trip!

HIYA JULES, SUE, KATY, ASIA, and SASSY

DD and I are going to see Pineapple Express later today...supposed to be funny. I did good Sat when I took Chase to the movie...didn't get popcorn or candy. I bought a bottle of water and I had stuffed a 100 cal snack in my purse to take, and gum. Decided when I feel the need to eat I am going to grab water and a piece of gum, in between meals and snacks. We saw The Mummy...was actually pretty good. Think tomorrow V and I will go see something, not sure what. Anyway...

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #4  
One day at a time

HIYA FRANCIE...you posted while I was typing the mini-novel. Well, I hope the stuff worked on the cats. Sounds like it worked on you too but not the way it should. Try not to get too stressed missy, I know it is easier said than done. Don't starve yourself though...I don't think that would be a good thing...you really do need to eat, even if it is a piece of fruit, something in your belly is better than nothing in your belly. Try and relax, and have a good day!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning ladies. Beautiful day here. So far I have been busy stripping beds and washing . I had a light breakfast and have a salad already made for lunch. I am trying to cut down on bread. Ugh...we love our sandwiches and toast. I am allowing mine mostly at breakfast for my English muffin or cereal.
I have to do something different...I rode the bike every day but one and ate, I though, well. Lost not a pound!! My body just hates to give up the fat, I swear.
So...off I go on a new adventure.

Cristina- I hear you about eating out. We do that often. I did talk DH into eating breakfast at home today. I find that meal the hardest to eat healthy if we go out. (Love those biscuits and gravy)

Francie- Good luck today on staying calm. Have you ever tried lavender scents for calming? They have a pillow spray and sachets for the bedroom to calm you and room sprays also. I have never used them but DD had some lavender for her baby boy, who wouldn't calm, and it really helped.

Mindee- Glad you had a nice BD with the important peeps in your life. I bet the kiddos were excited for you. Those funfetti cakes look good...cute too.

Susan- Hope the house hunt goes well. Personally I would love to be by the water...but then you have to consider the schools for our Miss Gaby.

Hi Katy, Jules, Tammy. Hope all is well.

Back to Mt. Washmore.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  
One day at a time

HIYA SUE...I think breakfast is the worst for me as well. You are doing what I need to do...well, strip the bed in Josh's room. We keep calling it Josh's room but I think he has slept there maybe 4 times, lol. We moved while he was in Iraq. Need to start calling it the spare room or something. Great suggestion for Francie...never entered my mind. They have the calming candles as well and it all smells so good. Enjoy your day!

I am going to go make my bed now and strip Josh's and get some laundry started before heading out to the show.

Have a GREAT day all!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Just a flyby because I am F-ing manic on coffee.........

I did get a call on the astoria one last night and was approved for a move in! It has the school I like (no love because I just researched and they have above average state performance record) and it is the one closer to the water.
My only draw back is that dang bathroom but I guess I could live w/ that for a year and get something next summer. I was also thinking of the girls and wanted them to be comfortable, because with the up/down stairs it is a bigger space.
The w'd would be nice but the laudromat is just a block away, I am use to that.
anyway - the lady was going to let me know tomorrow on the townhouse one. I left it that I can sign the papers next weekend for the astoria one and he would give me the keys. Simple, so I am moving no matter what now. yay..
oh, it was Kindergarten Cop that I got Cristina, I wanted to see the inside of the school - haha...

k- back in a bit!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #8  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in while I have a chance to do so.........

Marissa is taking a nap, Logan is not, and Brandon is watching a circus movie he has. Marissa climbed out of the walker this afternoon because I was taking too long to get her into the high chair to eat her lunch. so she climbed right out of it, but then got mad because her foot was still stuck inside the seat.

thanks for all the nice comments. it bugs me that none of my family had the audacity to call me on my birthday, BUT a couple of my sisters and my dad did tell me that day before, so I guess that counts. BUT even still, the ones that hadn't told me the day before should have called.

but then again, Anna, one of the kids' godmothers knew a month in advance about the party, and then told me the middle of last week that she had to check with her boyfriend because they had been invited to his friends house for a BBQ. I am tempted to send her a message and tell her that since she is one of their godmothers, that she better start acting like one, or I am going to take her off as being one of their godmothers. I am so tired of her crap that it isn't even funny! Tommy keeps telling me not to let it bother me, but I can't help but let it.

SuzieQ~ That is great to hear!!!! You will have to keep us updated on how every thing goes!

Francie~ How does not eating help with having a panic attack? I am just curious that is all. I hope you are doing better today.

Sue~ I couldn't agree more! the people that showed up yesterday I count more as family then I do as friends. Me, Tina, and Anna, (two of the three godmothers) are suppose to all get a friendship tattoo, BUT after yesterday (well actually after all the crap that Anna has been pulling) we agreed that me, Tommy, and Tina would get the tattoo instead. So, now we are trying to figure out what we want to get and where. Me and Tina would probably get it done on one of our ankles, not sure about Tommy.

gotta make this quick because I have to go and check on Logan.

Cristina~ I am going to take your lead and start a 30 day challenge about not eating out as well! Thanks for the comments on my pictures!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Mindee- Marissa sounds so cute, they sure keep you hopping, huh?

Cristian - impressed w/ your bike riding, I am too scared to get on a bike. Good luck on your challenge.

Sue - Love carbs! I had 1/2 a hamburger bun w/ dill pickles on it. mmmm, should have put mustard on it too.

Francie - thinking of you.

to Asia, Katy, Sassy, Tammy and Jules!!

Went and did some school shopping for Gab,we both had a melt down in the dressing room. I swear that girls only thinks of toys. I bought her 3 dresses, 1 pair of dress shoes and a 2 piece outfit w/ leggings. Impossible to buy her jeans.
I was going to warm up the dresses when it gets cooler in the Fall w/ nylons and sweaters. I still want to get her some more dresses , shoes and a coat. .....other stuff. lol
Anyway, what I bought today was around $80 so I was happy w/ that. We shopped at Kohls and Target.

problem solved on the apt! If I get the apt I want I can always tranfer her over to the school I want her to attend. I can do that because I was going to take her anyway and it would only be 4 more miles.

k-back later.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Pop in here....I rode 2 miles in the afternoon and then 2 more tonight. Yay! Now if I could do that 3 times a day.
Food was on target too. Fitday says I ate 1205 calories. It also says I can have 2200. Like, can anyone lose weight on that?

I'm not too sure I will do Fitday...seems like if I figure the calories right after dinner I am always thinking "oh..that's low, I can have more." Tonight I ate a few animal crackers with my cup of tea and called it good.

Hi to ya'll.

Last edited by suetalks; 08-18-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hi Ya'all

Hi All.

I was sick on my nights off last week, had a fever and all that jazz, I still do not feel quite 100% yet, but ok.......Just kinda have that "icky" feelin'. But I'm glad to feel "icky" at work, vs. when I am at home and can't enjoy myself. At least I'm getting paid, right?? lol.....

Wow ya'all have been chatty today!

Francie -- Hope everything goes smoothly for ya.

Cristina -- I ate out yesterday AND today! But DH packed me a spring green salad with low-fat dressing for lunch tonight........Oh and I've been snacking on those mini-snickers too! Man!! When I fall off the wagon, I really fall off!! lol.

Sue -- I need to strip the bed and all that too. Maybe this weekend it will get done since hopefully I won't be sick! lol. UGH I love bread I know I shouldn't eat it, but I just love it so. Sounds pretty ridiculous, doesn't it? lol. WOW girl, you go with all your miles! Thats awesome!

Suzie Q -- Great news! Awesome.

Mindee.

My health insurance is really irritating me! Since I switched it over to being me as the "primary" since my dh is unemployed, they are being buttheads. Its like I'm starting all over again!!! So frustrating! They are fighting against one of my Diabetic Medications that I have been taking for several years now. And I am still with the same insurance and all, just changed the primary from my DH to me is all. They are even fighting with my dr! So ridiculous! I told DH not like its a new medication I'm taking or something that isn't that important, like my wellburtrin, which yes I need, but its not like it will affect my health like not taking my diabetic medication. Luckily he has me on 2 medicines and I have the other one, but still, just irks me that they are battling over that. Its been 2 weeks now without my medication and do they care? Noooooo and its not a medication the drs office gets samples of either........So irritating!!!!!! So I am sure once I have to refill my other meds they are gonna fight me on those too.

Anywho......off my now........lol.

Big to all that need it right now!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-19-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:49 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

My goodness, I can't believe Brandon has a week and a half before he starts school again!! where in the heck did the summer go? It seems like now that he is in school, the summer just flew by like it was nothing!

I am hoping to get either a call or letter stating when he in fact starts, who his teacher is, and if he is in the morning or afternoon from the school district soon! the past couple of nights I have had a dream where I get up to start the day, look out the window and the bus is sitting there waiting to pick him up!

And on that note, Logan has a week and a half before his recheck appointment. By then, they will have their insurance, so I will have them go ahead and make the appointment for Brandon with the ENT. I am also going to make sure with the pediatrician about Logan. If he still has the fluid in his ear, I am going to see if they will make an appointment for him as well just to be on the safe side.

As for Miss Marissa, well, she is just jumping for every thing these days! Today, she got mad at me because I was taking too long to get her lunch ready, so she decided to climb out of the walker herself! And then she proceeded to get mad at me because her foot was caught in the walker! She then proceeded to do it again when Tommy got home from work! I was making dinner, and he said "did you just get her out of the walker?" I said "what are you talking about? I have been in here making dinner. How could I get her out of there? why, did she get out again?" I then saw her zoom by the gate, so I knew that she had gotten out again! Now, if we can get her to be brave enough to take those first steps!!

as for the napping..........well Marissa seems to be the only one doing! I am hoping that when school starts up again, that Brandon will take one if he gets into the morning class. If he gets into the afternoon class, then it will be great for getting him to bed early at night!

SuzieQ~ Yay on doing the school shopping! Right now, I am happy that Brandon needs very minimal things for school. He already has his clothes, his back pack, and shoes. So, unless we get a list from his teacher or in the mail, we don't have to buy him anything for school this year! that is great about the school........I hope you get the one that you want!!!

Sue~ It is good to hear from you! how are things with you, your DH, and your mom?

Sassy~ I have been meaning to tell you thank you for the smilebox you made me for my birthday! I meant to show it to my hubby on Monday, but I forgot. I got teary eyed while looking at it. And I saw that same site in one of my magazines and actually have it bookmarked to look at it more so I can do some slide shows on it! I hate having to fight with insurances......and trust me, I have had my fair share of them all!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #13  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Well..at the big stuff is gone. We're sitting on our air mattress and watching the Olympics on the little tv, lol. The cats were okay..until we put them in the bathroom. They flipped out big time!!!!!!!! They think that whenever they go in the bathroom, then they'll get a bath..so they were scared. But after they got the boxes out of the walk in closet..we put them in there..and they were happy again, lol. I even sat and play in there with them. That seemed to make them happy.

The movers left at 2:30pm (they got here at like 9am). Lucky was totally spooked!! She just went to the corner of the bedroom window and looked really tiny and scared. Poor baby. Sassy & April were exploring everywhere. We sprayed that anti stress stuff...and after awhile, Lucky seemed to calm down a little bit. We blew up the air mattress (lol..well..it came with an electric pump) and put it in the living room, lol..cuz its nice and cool in here. Lucky sat on the floor next to the mattress. I had to put a blanket over here, cuz all she wanted to do was hide. We fell asleep for awhile..and Sassy slept on the bed with us. April was too hyped up to sleep. She was running around EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!! LoL!!! I sorta woke up cuz I was really hot..and thats when I realized that Lucky was sleeping on my tummy, lol. She was all curled up and it was sooo sweet. She's doing much better now. She took a big nap..then did some exploring with the other cats. Sassy & April are sleeping right now. April finally passed out, lol. Poor things had a crazy day. I feel bad for them. But they are okay for now. That stress stuff works!! Which is hella good!! LoL!!

Mindee~I try to avoid eating whenever I feel panicky..cuz sometimes I get really hot, and my stomach starts hurting. And then I usually end up throwing up. I hate throwing up..so I try to avoid eating. But I was so hungry today, that I ate, lol.

Sue~Lavander makes me sneeze really bad. But if theres anything else..then I will totally try it.

Okay..I'm gonna go catch some Z's right now. I will write more before we leave!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #14  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just a quickie here, I'm at work today and was just lurking and trying to catch up. I had a four day weekend and painted all weekend. Two bedrooms down and one more to go. I hope to take off next weekend and not do any painting. That is unless I get a call that my new bedroom furniture is in and then it will be back to the painting. I'm so bad with paint colors and DH was really hoping that I was not changing the color in our bedroom (it really doesn't need painting, but the new comforter doesn't match the current paint color) but he came home and found that I put 5 different colors blocks on the wall, using the sample paints at the paint store, and he said "well now, I guess we will have to paint".

Cristina--I know what you mean about calling Josh's room...Josh's room. We still call my kids rooms by their names even though Justin only was his for a few months before going into the CG and Lauren has been out of her's for 8 mo now. DH is now calling the bedrooms, guest room #1, #2 & #3!!

Francie-- Have a wonderful and safe trip and I can't wait to meet you in Annapolis!!

Gotta go, someone is calling me, someone needs a bottle, a call light is on, an IV is beeping...the list goes on and on.......
Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi Tammy- Great to "see" you again. Wow...would you come paint at my house? We don't need it either, but I have some color changes in mind. (don't tell my DH, he will freak) You stay busy that's for sure.

Francie- Good wishes on your drive today. I hope you can make it fun...like an adventure. Don't stress too much.

Mindee- Celebrating for you on the back to school comments. Yay!!! Mommy has a little more freedom. (That is if Mr. Logan doesn't pull some shenanigans.) haha.

Susan- I am sure you will enjoy the move, whatever you decide. Well, not the actual moving part...LOL. That is not fun!

Sassy- I am sorry you have been sick. Better take care of yourself and not get too run-down. Bestest wishes to you and DH.

Cristina- I did good yesterday...and so far today. Playing with Fitday has given me something to do. I am still trying to decide how to log in 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup...grrr.

I rode 2 miles this morning while DH made himself some gravy for breakfast. Then I ate cereal and fruit. So...one hurdle crossed today. Have cleaned bathrooms and swept all the floors. Also washed and re-filled the hummingbird feeders.

I think I will read for awhile once I get off here. My neighbor brought us tomatoes, corn and green beans, so I will have a healthy fresh veggies dinner of some sort.
Have to ride another 2 miles later, but it is too hot right now. Gotta get it early and late right now.

Have a good day ya'll...and where is Katy and Jules???
Closed Thread