Old 08-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default No Excuses! Food and Exercise Accountability 8/18 - 8/24

Plan for tomorrow:

B - Double fiber english muffin w/ egg beaters, deli turkey
S - Cantaloupe
L - Leftover - Whole wheat crust pizza w/ light cheese, chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, and olives (mmm, homemade pizza).
S - Greek yogurt w/ a sliced peach
S - Popcorn
D - Chicken sausage and lentil soup
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical, 30 min yoga
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I have a victory to report . . . I STAYED UNDER 1800 CALS EACH DAY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Monday's plan:
B - oatmeal squares, blackberries, milk
S - plum, banana
L - leftover chicken piccata veg pasta
S - two plums, string cheese, yogurt
D - crustless veggie quiche
Exercise - 35 min walk with dog, UBWO 3lb/10rep
Total - 1452 (17.5/16.5/66 fat/protein/carb)

Last edited by paperclippy; 08-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

YAAAAY for OP weekends! I did mostly OK, but did get sidetracked a bit by the wedding and birthday parties. Still, scale is well under redline, so I'm not feeling too worried.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

B~TJ's steel cut oatmeal with 2 T raisins
S~4 triscuits and 1 oz cheese
L~garden salad with chicken, ff Italian, clementine, yogurt
S~1/2 c ff cottage cheese with 1/2 c pineapple
D~southwest chicken salad

I think that is a lot of food--more than my usual, but I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up famished. I hate when that happens! I had my oatmeal early and here it is 8:45 and I'm starving again. Grrr.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

After a horrendous weekend, Monday was POP. Sorry, doesn't impress me. Means nothing. I need to get past the weekend.

Allison, I dont' know. It doesn't sound like a lot of food to me. I like to break my meals up though and eat frequently throughout the day. Really helps to keep the hunger at bay. Just wondering. Maybe with your oatmeal, instead of the raisins, or heck with the raisins, you might want to have a 3 egg white omlette. You'd be adding in some protein. I think it would be more filling for you. Your lunch says a salad, a cleminitine and yogurt. Do you eat those all together, at the same sitting? If so, you might want to space them further apart. And maybe plan in a snack for after dinner. Just a thought.

Have a great, OP day everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I really dodn't post my meals here, but I come on occasionally to get menu ideas.

Allison, I don't think that sounds like a lot of food at all. Do you count calories? What plan?

I guess the reason I don't post meals is: I eat so much more than most of the posts! sounds like I'm a pig.

I eat oatmeal for breakfast too. But with 1/2 a chopped apple, cinnamon and sprinkled with walnuts. Oh, and throw a little flax seed in there.

Lunch, a salad is great, lots of vegetables and a little chicken for protein. My tomatoes are in now and sooo good. Cucumbers are plentiful and great too, along with the green peppers that are coming in. Add some carrots...anything else in the house?

Maybe some fruit for a snack, but usually a piece of dark chocolate and a cup of the herbal tea of the week.

Dinner is usually meat, starch, lots of vegetables. corn is so good right now. take advantage of what's in season

I always have a late snack or I have a hard time going to sleep. a piece of whole grain bread with a little peanut butter.

I haven't counted calories for awhile, but I tend to stick to about the same thing all the time, working so far.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #7  

Okay, you're right--it wasn't a lot of food. I cam in at just under 1400 calories (or maybe a little more because I don't measure). Oh, I'm sure it is over as I did eat a couple pieces of candy during the day. But I don't usually start the day with oatmeal and then go right for a snack like I did yesterday. I most often have a plate of scrambled egg whites or roll it up in a tortilla with a little cheese and salsa. I should have left the raisins out, but they sounded so good!

Plan for the day:

B~egg & bacon taquito
S~clementine
L~egg salad on ww bread, carrots & pea pods
S~yogurt (850 calories up to here)
D~going out to a Mexican restaurant for DD's farewell
1 hour at the gym

Last edited by alinnell; 08-19-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #8  
No description available.

the slim me, I have regular meals that I swap out too. I mostly focus on an exchange type plan of my trainer's design that works well for me. I try for 25 grams of protein 5-6 times a day, 25 grams of complex carbs 2 x a day, 3 servings of fats, and fruits and veggies as desired. It is working well for me, as my overeating triggers have always been empty carbs, so controlling those has controlled my overall calories. That is what I try to do....as for what I actually did on Sat and yesterday---er don't ask.

Yesterday was such a weird day. It was like I was pushing my maintaining luck, so to speak. I ate this and that, cause since I am "maintaining" I have room for extra calories. Why do I justify junk food in any way? And then as I was eating junk, I started to panic that I was going to gain all the weight back and it was all for nothing--so why not eat everything I wanted anyway? Tell you what, this weight loss thing is a head trip.

But I can focus on my behaviors, so here we go....

Today

exercise 3.5 mile run--done

breakfast: oatmeal with apricots and peanut butter, protein shake
snack: fruit
lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich, fruit
snack: fruit (I brought apricots, strawberries, and a plum, so I will snack on these as desired through the day!) I also have a protein shake but I may have that in the afternoon or the morning....
dinner: protein and veggies
snack: cottage cheese, blueberries, honey & walnuts

My weightlifting session kicked my rear last night---but I feel good. Sore is satisfying!

Last edited by midwife; 08-19-2008 at 11:30 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Tuesday's plan:
B - muesli, milk
S - banana
L - leftover black bean patty w/pineapple rice
S - 3 plums, yogurt
D - one dish rigatoni
S - watermelon
Exercise - none
Total - 1769 (23.5/12.6/64 fat/protein/carb)

Last edited by paperclippy; 08-20-2008 at 11:47 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #10  
Moderating Mama

I get hungry if I don't have a fairly hearty amount of protein in the morning - oatmeal doesn't keep me full for very long at all. So maybe that was part of it?

Yesterday was mostly OP...I had some minor changes (subbing my morning fruit for a salad that I had with my lunch, for example) which were calorie-equals...before bed, though, I was actually genuinely physically hungry (had a very hungry day yesterday), so I added some popcorn. Still, that puts me at 1520 calories and I lifted yesterday (heavy) so I'm happy with it. I'm particularly happy with the fact that I got hungry, and in response, had a decent, normal snack (rather than getting hungry and having something super-heavy, or letting myself get set into binge mode).

Today's plan:

B - English muffin, turkey, egg beaters
S - 2 cups cantaloupe
L - Leftovers - Lentil, sausage, and veggie soup
S - Yogurt, sliced peach
S - Popcorn
D - Giant salad w/ chicken and what veggies are on hand...broccoli, sugar pears, grilled zucchini and bell pepper, maybe some red onion, a laughing cow wedge, etc.
S - NSA Ice Cream bar

E - 60 min stairclimber, maybe some yoga.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:29 AM   #11  
Moderating Mama

Where is everyone?

Today was a bit high...I have a bit of a frozen yogurt problem. But it wasn't MUCH over, just a bit. And I only allow myself the frozen yogurt once or twice a month...excuses, i know, but I really don't want to give it up, so there you have it. And I skipped snacks to accomodate so the caloric damage is minimal (in the 100s or so).

Planning for a froyo-free tomorrow.

B - Double fiber english muffin w/ egg beaters and turkey
S - Cantaloupe
L - Leftovers - Grilled chicken salad w/ many veggies, and I baked some croutons out of another english muffin...tasty and low cal/high fiber
S - Popcorn
S - Dannon Lite and Fit (one of the last of the ones I'll be able to eat!)
D - Spaghetti, super-lean ground beef meatballs, peppers, onions, and squash, with marinara
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

Exercise - 60 min elliptical
20-30 minutes "bonus" strength (i'm adding to my 2x per week total body routine, and putting in a "bonus" workout on a part of my choice).
Old 08-20-2008, 06:46 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh Amanda, I feel for you! I ate my last (OMG, I still can't believe it) Danon Light and Fit yesterday also. And a new one. But you already knew that . If anyone wants to know what I'm speaking about, please see this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149556

Yesterday was pure perfection. Just the way I like it, but of course given that it was Tuesday, it's not really all that noteworthy. Whatever.

Here's to a POP Wednesday for us all.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #13  
No description available.

Robin, I'm sorry to hear about the yogurt. I would feel that way if blueberries and cottage cheese vanished.

I'm here, Amanda, and completely overwhelmed by how much stuff I have to do in the next 7 days....there is simply not enough time to get it all done and yet it must be done. The good news is that I will not even consider skipping exercise to get other stuff done. That is non-negotiable.

Today

3 mile run--done

Food will look just like yesterdays.....

Have a good day all!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

I saw people at the grocery store loading up all the lower calorie yogurt. It does make a difference if you eat a lot, and we hate our diets messed with. I've never had any luck getting anything changed back or brought back ones it was gone, but a call to the company never hurt. If enough people call it might work. If you want to try..post it...we'll all bombard them with calls.

Midwife, One thing at a time...seems the more I have to do the more organized I get.

diet, about the same as yesterday. I am so boring
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #15  

No excuses, but I did miss the gym yesterday. After working all day and planning to go out to dinner for DD's going away, I just didn't have the energy to work out and then come home and shower and get all dressed again. I could have done the gym with no problem, but I prefer to come home, shower and then leave my hair wet and no makeup for the rest of the evening. Today I pledge to do an extra half hour on the treadmill or elliptical to make up for it.

B~5 bites of DD's leftover "super" burrito (yikes, this thing was huge! Made of shredded chicken, beef and pork--the thing was big enough for 4 of us!)
S~cottage cheese & pineapple
L~garden salad w/chicken, ff Italian, clementine
S~yogurt
D~leftover fish tacos
1.5 hours a the gym