Support Groups - The Onederland Express -- hop on here!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Arabella
08-17-2008, 02:26 PM
I was closing in on Onederland and then started to slip back in the wrong direction. Seems to me that I've got to keep my eye on the goal.

So that's what this thread is about. Getting under that big "2" is a huge deal to me and it's really fairly close.

Anyone else there approaching (at whatever distance!) this landmark? C'mon, let's use this thread to stay motivated.

All aboard!!!

hotmomma
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping to. I've got 24 pounds to go - which sounds like a lot but it's the closest I've been in years. It's a big goal for me because I want to be "not obese" anymore, which would mean about 190 pounds. I know 190 pounds is still pretty fat, and when I was 190 pounds I was really disgusted that I'd gain so much. Everything is relative though - right now I'd love to weigh 190, or even hit the landmark 199 :-)

MrsWolf
08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh, Arabella,

You and I are like twins! LOL. I have 14.7 lbs to Onderland (199.9 lbs) and my goal for that is Sept 30th. I am so on board this train. Let's get to it!

Heather

Iwanawurkit
08-17-2008, 06:12 PM
I have 24 pounds to go till Onderland....Woot Woot!!!!! All aboard........ :dust:

auntie g
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
11 lbs to go for me, I don't expect it will happen as fast as I'd like, but I'd like to climb on that train!

Rosinante
08-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Cn I jump on too?
I get kind of despondent, because 199 is absolutely huge for someone my height - but hey, it's 10lbs closer than when I restarted on 07/31!!

All aboard!

Arabella
08-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Yay! I'm so happy to see you all here. Together, we can do this thing!

Here's my plan of attack:

At least 10,000 steps a day (I've been doing about that many for a couple months)

3L water a day

Either yoga or tai chi daily (ideally, both)

No wheat, sugar or processed food

Daily meditation

Daily weigh-in

Daily report

8-10 servings fruit/veggies

I actually got close to 16,500 steps yesterday. Did tai chi. I was probably short on water, though.

Hotmomma, I don't think I've been under 190 since before I got married last time -- which was 14 years ago. I got down to 195 about eight years ago. And then... I stopped weighing myself. BIG mistake! That's not going to happen again. I can fool myself way too easily. :yes:

MrsWolf, twins indeed! I was a little vague about when exactly in October I want to get there but I'm aiming for the first. I've got some water weight on now, I think, from a few indiscretion. Hoping that a few pounds go quickly and I'm back down to other ticker weight :crossed:

Iwanawurkit, yeah! It works when we work it! 24 pounds can be gone in a twinkling. :wizard:

Auntieg, I don't lose weight very quickly these days, either, but as long as we make progress and head in the right direction, we'll get there.

Ailidh, welcome! Do I read that right -- you've lost 10 pounds since the end of July? :eek: Holy Smokes! I predict that you're going to streak through here in no time flat.

K, I started this hours ago and got interrupted by this that and the other thing, so I'm going to post and get back to work.

Speaking of which... Yeah! Let's work it, today, all day!

Satine
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Can I join? I have 28 pounds before getting to Onederland and I could sure use the encouragement...I have been there a couple of times and just slipped right back over :(

auntie g
08-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow, Arabella, you have got some serious plan there! That's excellent! I wish I could make myself get in some more fruits and veggies, but it ain't easy for me- LOL! But you stick with your plan and you'll be on the train in no time!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/thiland/goodluck.gif

Arabella
08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
Good morning, Merry Travelers!

I had a good day yesterday and the :devil: scale is beginning to cooperate. One pound of the recent uppages gone...

11,699 steps yesterday, did yoga.

Drank the water, ate the veggies...

Didn't meditate, which I should have done and will do today :yes:

Satine, glad to have you on board! This time, we'll get there and there'll be no back-sliding either. Nuh-uh.

Auntie G, no question that sticking to my plan will get me there. Now if I can just stick to my plan... :chin:

I did it yesterday. I will do it today.

K, Lovelies, I must be off and :running: Let's make it a good one!

Satine
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
here where I work we are doing a Biggest Loser competition and we weigh in on Tuesdays so I am anxious to see if I lost any this week...fingers crossed!
It really helps that I have alot of support around me since alot of my coworkers here are also doing the challenge...I cant wait to get back under 200!!! I know we can all do it !!!!

auntie g
08-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Satine, how'd your weigh-in go??? :crossed:My official weigh day is Saturday, and I'm hoping to break into the single digits over the big 2 this week...:crossed:

Keep your eyes on the prize!
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/Pamelia_and_Stormi_SongBird/animals/Planes%20-%20Trains%20-%20Cars%20-%20ect/anicartoontraincoming.gif

Cashew
08-20-2008, 02:31 AM
Can I join? I have 15 lbs to lose to get there. At least that is what the scale said 2 days ago. I'll double check tomorrow. It's TOM so I might be off. My plan is to Eat Healthy and Do a version of a few plans. I just started reading The Beck book and I have My Weightloss Coach for Nintendo DS and Plus WW cookbook. I also plan on working out.

Arabella
08-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Good morning! Back up to 213 this a.m. I had a pretty good day yesterday but had an extra bowl of soup at lunch and two (small) pieces of pumpernickel toast with a little Becel and raspberry jam. I know in my heart that the carbs`ll get me.

I`m going to enforce the ``ony eat at the table`` rule. Brutal, but it works. I`m much less inclined to overindulge if I can`t eat in front of the TV and veg out.

Satine, how`d WI go. (Ack! I hit some key combo that turns question marks into É. Will have to reboot to fix.)

Auntie G, love the image!

Cashew (mmmmm... cashews), welcome! I`m loving the energy here.

K, wimmins, let`s make this a good one!

anagram
08-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh, girl, do I need this thread!!!

At the end of December and into January, I was hovering right there - in fact one brief morning when my scale was offguard I did slip into Onederland at 199 point something. That must have scared me because I did my worst back slide in a long time. I'm currently working me back down and was 208.6 yesterday.

I've been good in daytimes but horrible in evenings. I've gone back to my tai chi and have been hitting fitness center twice a week so that is helping w/my general overall fitness which has also suffered earlier this year.

I think I'll set a goal of November 15th so I'll be motivated as well to hang in over the holidays (made it through those in good shape last year - it wasn't until Feb that I started the uphill trip).

Special shoutout to fellow Pennsylvanian auntie g! (I'm near Harrisburg.) Love your butterfly.

MrsWolf
08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Bouncing around 214 here!

My anniversary was on Monday, and I ate much good food while out with my husband. I was surprised yesterday to see a 1.0 lb loss, but alas, today I am up to 214.4 (up 1.2 from yesterday - up 0.2 from Monday). So, I am still hovering at 214 ish as I have been for close to a week. *sigh*

However, I know we can do it. :carrot: Last summer, I lost 35 lbs and made it to Onederland. I swore then I would never be over 200 again. HA! Anyway, this is how I know I can do this....

Time to face the day...

Heather

Satine
08-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Auntie G and Arabella - I lost 4.6 pounds!!! I was estatic :carrot: but I know I cannot keep that kind of weight loss up, I will be happy with a steady 2 pounds a week...just want to get under 200 so bad!!! But I will get there...

Arabella - I know how you feel about the carbs...they tend to get me too, but as a diabetic I try to stay away from alot of them...I lose alot more that way.

Hope you all have a great day !! Cant wait until we all can say we are under the big 200!!!

Carri

auntie g
08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Good evening all!

Carri, a big WOO HOO to you! 4.6 lbs closer to goal!

Hey Anagram! Butterflies symbolize the whole weight loss thing, don't you think? Coming out of the old cocoon... Gotta love 'em! And nice to meet another Pennsylvanian! I'm outside of Philly.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!

Cashew
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone. Checking in I weight in at 213 today. I've open my Nintendo DS My Weight Loss Coach and I really like it! I feel it would be great for any stage of your eating plan. It is based on babysteps and will help with workouts, eating and trivia so many things. The only thing is the pedometer is on the big side but it does plus into the ds and add your steps. So I will forgive it for that. I really feel this is going to be a very useful tool to help me get the ball rolling on to onelander and beyond!!

Satine
08-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I went over my calories last night by about 250 calories so not feeling real good about myself this morning...I know it isnt that much...I will do better today! I also need to start exercising...I am very lazy by nature :D and hate to do it ...especially when it is 90 degrees out...I do have some dvd's I can do inside though...

Cashew - 213 sounds great...hope to be there sooner than later...

Auntie G - Thanks...i was very excited about the loss :carrot:

Arabella, Heather, Anagram - Hi !!!

Hope everyone has a good day !!

Carri

Arabella
08-21-2008, 12:08 PM
212.4. And I just decided against eating more after lunch. I was actually rooting through the freezer looking for a little container of whole wheat pasta/pesto. Which I eventually found. But being bent over like that made me realize I was actually full already.

I used to bend over if I couldn't decide if I was hungry or not. That was when I was totally committed to eating when I was hungry and ONLY when I was hungry. For some reason, it seems to give me definite signals, one way or the other. And I should resume that rule again, too... Takes a little getting used to but really feels good when I get going with it, like freedom. Instead of enslavement.

Anagram! :hug: So happy to see you in here. I don't know what all this resistance to losing is about but we shall persevere and we shall TRIUMPH! :cb: :cb:

MrsWolf, yes, we know it can be done and we will do it! :wizard:

Satine, wow! :woohoo: Nice starter bonus! I'd send you some nice, cool good-for-exercise weather if I could ;)

Auntie G, I agree! (Tee-hee) K, I'm stopping now. This is a very coocoonish enterprise. I think my fat is definitely a protective wrapping. Hmmm... maybe that's where the resistance comes in.

Cashew, the Coach sounds great. I started wearing a pedometer every day back in January and it's really helped keep me motivated.

Okey-doke. Back to work for me. I might nip out to do the grocery shopping first...

Let's make it a good one! :cb: :cb:

auntie g
08-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok, continuing on the butterfly theme, I've always found this story to be very inspirational, so I'm posting it in case someone hasn't heard it before!

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could, and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly.

What the man, in his kindness and haste, did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives. If we were allowed to go through our lives without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly.

It is the struggle that makes us strong!

Cashew
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Today, I workout for 50 minutes and am loving My Fitness Coach for the DS. It has given me nudges to be healthier and fitness. I did 10 squats today. That to me is something and I also made a challenge to take 15 minutes to eat my breakfast sitting down. Not always an easy thing for me while having to run here or there. Today I made sure I had time for it. I usually skip this very important meal. TOM so my moods were anywhere from high to low and I’ve stuck with my plan!

Satine, it is great that you had set a goal to do better today. I also need that nudge/shove in fitness and the temps outside someday just don’t work out. Thank good ness for workout DVDs! I hope all went well for you today.

Arabell , Way to go listening to your body and taking action not to eat! I’ve not tried that before. I’ll have to give it a try.

Auntie g , I love the butterfly story! Thanks for sharing!!

Arabella
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
211.6. Marginally better... It occurs to me that I might have to work harder to get better results. *Slaps self on forehead* Who'da thunk it?

Auntie G, I've been thinking along similar lines lately. But I feel like I've been hanging out in the cocoon beyond the best before date. :s:

Cashew, I'm trying to eat breakfast earlier. I was just reading somewhere that when we eat within an hour of waking up, it helps to stabilize our blood sugar and minimize hunger and cravings all day. I almost never eat that soon -- usually hang around and drink tea for a while, exercise, shower... It's just about 3 hours, usually. I'm trying to have something sooner -- a smoothie, maybe, or a handful of nuts.

K, co-travelers, let's keep the destination in mind today.

Satine
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi Girls ...I just put a piece of Bazooka in my mouth, package says 15 calories...I usually chew sugarfree gum but this was calling me, even as I type this it is losing its flavor, ha ha

I did good yesterday, I think I need new batteries in my tanita scale at home, it doesnt seem to be moving that much and it is extremely slow to finally bring up the weight, it has been a year or two since I changed them...

We are going over to our good friends house tonight, it is his 38th birthday, and there will be CAKE!!!! and not just a cake, my favorite kind from Costco with the cream cheese filling in the center...Lord give me strength !!!
I will let you know over the weekend if I made it or not !!! :hug:

Arabella - very interesting on the bending over thing to see if you are actually hungry, I might have to try that...

Cashew - if you can stay on plan while on TOM you can do it anytime, that is the most challenging time for me, good job!! and on the exercise as well!!

Auntie G - great story, very inspirational :)

Heather - Hi !!

and to everyone else, have a great weekend!!

Carri

anagram
08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Loved the butterfly story - just love butterflies all around.

What a nice weight loss there, satine.

Ok, I said I was 208 something (after being 207 something the day before). Yesterday I was at 211 something and today back at 209. All very discouraging but I know eventually the low gets lower.

made it to two tai chi classes this week but only to fitness center once - bad, bad.

Feeling very lazy now so shall go watch Dr. phil or something for a bit. Just had an apple and feeling more human. Lunch was a yogurt, some cantalope and two rice cakes. Feeling virtuous though. Hope it lasts - want to get rid of this extra water of the last couple of days. Looking six months pregnant and feeling blah about it all.

TGIF is right, Arabella - ready to kick back ;) -ike I don't all the time.

Arabella
08-23-2008, 08:15 AM
214. Ugh. 4 pieces of sugar-free chocolate pb fudge yesterday afternoon, combined with a late dinner and some sort of bug. Pah. Didn't want to weigh in, didn't want to come report. But I think that as long as I keep weighing and reporting I eventually make progress.

On the bright side, I am starting to get my head around the South Beach idea. It's just getting started on it that's the issue. Once I get going it's not too difficult and I feel great. Which would be nice.

I've gotten supplies, lots of veggies, beans, quinoa to have for breakfast cereal.

Carri, good luck with that cake! Mmmm... cream cheese filling :T

I think the wash is done and I'd better hit the trail. Let's make this a good one!

auntie g
08-23-2008, 09:33 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm194/de_an_me/woohoo-1.gif
2 lbs closer! 208.5 this morning. A tough weekend ahead, though, with a birthday/graduation party tonight and a baby shower tomorrow, but I'm hoping to be sensible...

Arabella, I weigh every day, too, but only Saturday "counts"- that way the daily fluctuations aren't as painful. But hang in there!

Anagram, I've always wanted to try tai chi. At least you're getting in some exercise, even if it's not as much as you'd like. Keep it up!

Carri, how'd you do with that cake? :crossed:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/hanizahh/Have_a_Great_Weekend.jpg

anagram
08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
That cake sounds TOO tempting. And the p.b. choc fudge - yum, yum - anything with p.b.

I agree not every day should count. My fluctuations are nutso. I'm back to 208 today after being up to 211 plus this week. I used to count only Thursdays. May go back to that. But then I'd miss today which is one I like. I had four days the prior week when I was at 208.8 (and one when I was 207.6) so maybe I've managed to lose a teeny bit.

I started w/"regular" tai chi but now am taking at a senior center so it's adapted but basic concepts. Does help.

Having trouble getting me going so I'm going out to sit on the patio while the day is still so lovely. Work can wait.

Nice weekend, all.

tigerchic89
08-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I'd like to join. My home scale has had me 192-198 over teh last week, and that's what I use for my ticker.... but I think my scale is wrong. I go to teh gym most every day, adn I get on the scale there too. 5 days ago, that scale hit an alltime low, 202.2. I've been working hard since then, trying to get those 2 lbs to budge.. but instead teh scale has said 208, 206 and 204 today

anyway, hoping to be under 200 on ALL scales soon!

Satine
08-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Well girls...no I didnt make it...I had a small peice of cake :( ... I did quite over snack there as well...but I usually have a "cheat" meal once a week so I just counted it as that, although i think i even went overboard for a cheat night :D

Today I went back on and only had about 1300 calories, which is about 300 less than what I usually have in a day so maybe that will help

Welcome Tigerchic

Anagram and Auntie G - at 208 you two are sooooooooooooo close at getting under 200 ...I am jealous of that ...keep it up!!!

Arabella - at 214 you are really close as well...good luck on the south beach...alot of the girls at work have done it and they liked it after a couple of weeks...one of my friends right now just changed to Sugar busters...very restrictive, too much for me..

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend, talk to you soon!! Stay Strong!!!

Carri

Arabella
08-24-2008, 10:26 AM
212.2. And starting South Beach tomorrow, so I know that's going to start heading to where I want it. :yes:

Speaking of the beach, that's where I'M headed in the next couple of hours. We live a half-hour away from fabulous beaches and the beach is my favorite place in the world. And this is my first time getting there (at least on a viable beach day) this year. :shrug: 'Tain't right. :no:

Anyhoo, better late than never.

Steps are already at 11171, so looking at a good count today. Friday was the first day in a long time that I didn't get in my steps (only about 3000) but I really felt fairly crummy so I'm giving me a pass.

Carri, nice comeback after the cake incident! That's the way we do it, I think. Afterall, there will be occasions in life where we indulge. It's only if we keep indulging that we get into trouble.

Tigerchic, welcome! Nice to have you aboard. Really, we're all close enough to goal that we could be there pretty quickly. Definitely by the end of the year. :D

Anagram, whenever I get to a lower number I count it. Of course, then I'm typically bouncing for a while. Trying to nip that tendency in the bud.

Auntie G, woohoo for you! :woohoo: Two fluffy ones gone where the bad fluffies go. :)

K, must do a little work and then get ready for the beach. :cb: :cb:

Let's make this a good one!

anagram
08-24-2008, 10:44 AM
tigerchic, Welcome - and I agree when I get there I want it to be on ALL scales including those at all doctors' offices.

A miracle 206.4 - I'll be in a good mood ;)

When I lost some nice 40 plus pounds some years back (I must be at the longest plateau ever), I allowed myself one cheat meal a week too and it kept me going. I still ALLOW it but keep forgetting I've already taken it. I also at that time allowed me two small treats a day but again I no longer seem to have that limit firmly in mind. I may need to come up with something that will work somewhat better for me. At current rate..............well. I need to not only get under 200 but need to break that "just above 200" plateau. I had made it to about 199.5 then too. There is something about that "barrier".

tigerchic89
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Warning: novel about me!!! I feel like I do this every so often, but I'd like some input:

OK, I'm not losing weight like I should. I'm gaining. I've gained 4 lbs that have stayed with my for 7 days. I've been working out almost every day. I've been tracking my food more than usual, and most days I eat between 1500-2200 calories a day, and in exercise I burn 400-700 (on my HRM, the machines show a 600-1100 burn). I'm 40, 5'5", and weigh about 195 .

I try to keep my HR between 120-150 for about 60-90 minutes when I workout. I want to stay fat burning. I "bonk" when my HR gets about 160, and I get that amonia smell when my HR gets above 155. Therefor it takes more time to burn though 500 calories. I also have a hard time running b/c my runing HR is around 160. So I've been using running as intensity intervals with walking on teh TM.

My other concern is that my stomach does not seem to be getting any smaller. This week, I feel like is is bigger. I did consume more wheat and dairy (crackers, cheese and milk) on teh days that I had that migraine. I have avoided alcohol for 6 weeks (I think I get beer bloat when I drink). I have been doing my usual core exercises (about 10-20 min 4 times a week), but I have missed my 30 min bi-weekly core class that I was taking (interferes with dd's swim lessons)

My calorie intake is probably on teh high side, but I do like to eat and I feel hungry often. I do try to eat fruits and vegetables 1st, but there are days that I don;t deny myself ice cream, or choc covered raisins, nuts.. and those are teh days that I go over 2000 cal. I'm not sure if you can see this, but here's my food log on TDP. I am embarassed about some of the food that I eat, but here it is:
http://www.thedailyplate.com/users/myplate/

I'm due to see my internal med Dr in a few weeks. I am hypo thyroid, and I take synthroid. my blood tests 12 and 6 months ago show that my script is correct (she actually could have lowered it, but I begged her not to)

What else could I ask her to test for? She tested me for PCOS 12 months ago.. maybe with my A1C, and she said that I am not insulin resistant. My othe rblood work, blood pressure, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, were all good #'s. Oh, I used to drink a lot.... 1-2 glasses of wine 3-5 nights a week, and a good 4-8 beer "party" or social event once every 1-3 weeks. I've cut back to drinking maybe once a month.. for calorie savings but more to keep myslef from becoming too dependent/familiar with/in a habit on alcohol. ANd I drank like that (avoiding in pregnancy) for 22 years. Could my liver be shot and my liver be making my stomach look fat???

Another thing I am considering. At my gym, for $100 each, they offer Resting metabolic rate testing and metabolic assessment profile. they hook you up to an oxygen mask on a TM, and run you through HR levels to find how many calories your body burns at rest for teh 1st. Teh 2nd tells yoru exact metabolic fitness level and optimal HR zone to acheive weight loss goals. I'm thinking about the 2nd, just to give me guidance.. but it's a lot of $$$

TFR, adn I do apperciate any advice.

Arabella
08-25-2008, 05:43 AM
211.4. Which means I can officially move ticker, huzzah.

Made it to the beach yesterday. The water was cool but perfectly viable, the sun was lovely. I hope we've got lots of beach days yet!

I had a good day yesterday. Had potato salad for dinner but that's okay because today's the first day on the Beach. I dreamed that I had woken up this morning and gobbled a piece of cake first thing and then remembered I was supposed to be doing SB. Then I had the dilemma of deciding whether to start from there or let it go to heck in a handbasket. Funny -- my dreams don't usually mirror real life so closely. :rolleyes: I was relieved to wake up and discover that I hadn't actually eaten any cake.

Anagram, congrats on the nice WI. I'll be thrilled to get there, too. :cloud9: Look how we're doing this -- yay us!

Gigi (love your name!), I too gained 4 (or 5) pounds recently that don't want to go away. And while I hadn't been putting in a really consistent effort on the diet front, I hadn't been 4-5 pounds inconsistent. Just seems to be the way it works. Weight comes on fast and goes more slowly.

The thing that jumps out at me is that you said you'd been eating more wheat sometimes. If I eat any amount of wheat, I can gain 4-6 pounds, literally, over night.

I recommend The Ultrametabolism Diet (http://www.ultrametabolism.com/) -- funny -- when I went to the site, a reader blurb said that she'd lost all the weight she wanted to AND her migraines stopped.

As far as the running goes, intervals are supposed to be the absolute best way to burn calories and build your speed and endurance. So just high five on that!

Anyway, my advice is to try cutting out the wheat for a few days and see what happens. The first time I did that it seemed like a miracle to me. Weight dropped off, I had energy, was in a good mood, clear-headed.

We shall persevere and we shall triumph.

Let's get out there and make this a good one! :cb: :belly: :cb:

auntie g
08-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Good Monday morning! I did ok at Saturday's party, but yesterday went a bit astray. Alas, these things do happen, but today is a new day!

Carri, I had cake too. It was soooo bad, but soooo good. As long as we bounce back, right?

Arabella, oh how I wish I could get to the beach, the REAL one, that is! We're a couple hours in from the Jersey shore, and we only got there once this summer, and only for a couple hours early in the morning. I dream of chucking it all and living on an island... Good luck on the OTHER beach!

Anagram, you are closing in on Onederland! I absolutely believe in the one cheat meal per week rule. Do you keep a food log? It's hard to forget you've already had your treat if it's staring you in the face every time you fill in your log. At least that works for me. You WILL break the barrier this time!

Have a great day everyone!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/pcockrum51/Dieting/1lbtime.gif

Satine
08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Morning Girls - I was at 225 this morning...so I am pretty excited...I just want to see the teens something bad !! and finally the single digits...it really makes me sick to my stomach that last July when my husband and I went to California for vacation I only weighed 194!!! I cannot believe I could put on some much in a year, I guess it is due to the diabetes...but I am getting there one pound at a time !!!

Auntie G - yes the cake was soooooooo good and I needed it to stay on and go forward, to much depravation makes me binge :(

Arabella - good luck starting SB today...hopefully it goes well, I know the first week will be hard...also I had to laugh at your dream because I have those all of the time, like I totally pig out and then I wake up so glad it didnt really happen, ha ha

Tiger Chic - I do think your calories are a bit high if you are going to 2200 sometime, I normally stay under 1600...and that seems to do the trick...dont get discouraged :hug:

Anagram - 206!!! I would be in a good mood to, GREAT JOB!!!

Well lets all have a great day !!!!!!!

Carri

Cashew
08-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I weight myself today since it my offical 1st week. I am at 213. I'm really bummed by this. I think maybe things (food) just got away from me. I had some much to do with getting last minute school stuff for my kids and work. EEEk I really must plan better. I have not time even now I only have 5 minutes to write. Then work starts!! I'm so sorry I haven't written a personal responds to all that have shared. I'm hopeing that this will calm down in once everyone is settled in school.

anagram
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
My scale must be ailing - 205.8 this morning. I am in shock but I like it so much better than when it was the sudden 211 it was last week. I knew that wasn't "permanent" but I haven't been at 205 anything since I started my binge last winter. Before then I was ranging from 201 to 205 so hopefully I'm creeping closer.

No, auntieg, I'm not faithful to the food log. I do do better when I am, of course. Sometimes I think I like to "oops"

Cashew
08-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Going to put in a few words before bedtime.

Anagram - I would also be in a jumping up so suddenly. That is also of water being held. Kudos for getting past the shock and not letting it set you back!

Today I don't believe my eating has been over. I didn't log it but I ended up skipping breakfast. Then lunch was light and for dinner I had chicken breast tacos. Fitness wasn't good. I choose a Challenge on my DS game for 10000 steps I'm at 67863 and I'm worn out mentally and can't get my bum to get up and do a jig for a few minutes! I don't even have the drive to give my self a kick. I will make myself get up early tomorrow and get one workout dvd finished. I know that I won't lose unles I move. My body loves my fat! I will take my 1st week 3 lbs and smile it still gone. So with that said goodnight everyone tomorrow is another day for healthy choices.

Cashew
08-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Good Morning everyone!
Today is my new day and I'm going to do things RIGHT!!!
Today I WILL log my food and get some fitness in. Do every challenge I choose with My Weight Loss coach (DS WL "Game"?)
Today is my day off so I have alot of planning ahead. Sending much will power to all.

Satine
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Morning Girls ...today is my weigh in here at work for the biggest loser challenge, I really feel bloated so who knows if there will be much of a loss, although I was down another pound at home...the scales here read so much different than mine at home so I really go by that...

Cashew - Congrats on your new resolve...I know you will do great today!!!:carrot:

I will check back in later after I have weighed and see how you all are doing.

Later,
Carri

Arabella
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
213.2 Where did that come from? Salt, maybe. Should be gone soon. I shall persevere. I've been here before, I have.

All challenges met yesterday. Had a heck of a work day and had thoughts of having a glass of wine and starting SB today instead. But, no, I did tai chi and meditated instead.

Satine, re: bloated, me too. Wish there was a smiley for that one. Or a not-smiley.

Cashew, loving the attitude! :cb:

Anagram, omygosh, I think your pounds are coming to me. Pls. send them to someone who needs them worse than I do. ;)

Auntie G, hope you get to the beach again soon!

Let's make this one count!

leighish
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
17 lbs to go! I'm boarding the train!

tigerchic89
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
203 today. almost there

Satine
08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
I was down 2.4 here at work, and down 2 at home so they must be about the same...feeling good ...have 25 more pounds before I get to 199 though...

Cashew
08-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Today I got an hour walking in. Plus am on plan. I had a lot of running around to do so didn’t get to planning everything. I’m going to try tonight. Well I’m off once again to pickup the kids.

Satine – I can relate to your bloating. I’ve been getting it something awful.

Arabella – Tai Chi and meditation are on list of this to learn. I have tried to meditated but find my mind floats back to my problems or just about anything. I’ve tried music with it and then I fall asleep. Pat on the back for not drinking that glass of wine. I have recently got into wine. I love red but have found a white I really like.

Leighish – What a precious baby! Putting a virtual Conductors hat on that cutie

Tigerchic89 – Wow that is great!

Satine – WTG!!!

auntie g
08-26-2008, 07:37 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f216/pta_93/bloated.gifhttp://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/Sexxieracerchik4/Miscellaneous/SMILIES/bloated.gif
How's that? That's how I'm feeling, too. I've been eating tomato sandwiches yesterday and today, and while they are nice and low in cals/points, I do use a good bit of salt on them, but mmmmmm, are they good!

Anagram, you're getting there, don't "oops" too much!

Carri, 2.4 gets you a :woohoo:

Arabella, tai chi instead of wine gets you a :cp:!

Leighish, welcome aboard!

Tigerchic, you'll be there in no time!

Cashew, an hour walk is great! Good luck with the planning!

Cashew
08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Well I have a basic outline of my plan.

Auntie g - OMG fresh tomato sandwiches are one of my favorite summer food. Thanks you helped me plan my lunch tomorrow. LOL love the bloated smiley... exactly how I feel.

Satine
08-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Morning All - well I think I have finally hit my stride, for a while there I was really struggling to stay on plan and not cheat ( or binge ) but now I am going along fine, not starving, and really motivated...and hey it only took 3 weeks ha ha ...13 pounds down now total for the three weeks and I havent even exercised, which I know I need to start doing...

Auntie G - I LOVE this time of year with the frest tomatoes...there is a little farmers stand down the road from me and I go and get his tomatoes and his fresh corn - I always miss it when it is gone...in fact I need to go back tonight...I just like to cut them up with some salt, but BLTS are always good.

Cashew - Great job on your hour of walking...that is great exercise.

Arabella - how is the SB plan going?

Hi to everyone else and have a great day !!!! Nice one here in Indiana today...high of 83 and sunny!!

Carri

Arabella
08-28-2008, 06:24 AM
210.6. 3.5 pounds to get back down to ticker of a few weeks back. Man, it does not take much to bounce up.

I managed over 10,000 steps a day average in July and am there for August too. Just have to keep stepping a few more days. I've been getting my average up, month by month. June was a bit under 10k and I think before that I was only averaging about 7.5k. Gotta think this will help. Right?

Satine, yay for you getting to three weeks. I do remember how much easier it all gets after I get going. I always feel like: It's not so hard. Why didn't I do this before? :lol:

Cashew, plans are good! I plan to make one every day. :dz:

Auntie G, thanks for the image. Hopefully, I won't get a lot of opportunities to use it, though ;) Thanks for the :cp: too.

Leighish, welcome! We're steaming along here!

I'm going to a cottage with my sister and mom tonight. So I've got to get it straight in my head that I'm not going to have any wine.

Was talking to my sister yesterday and she said something about how much they were indulging themselves out there. Must resist, while also not being a wet blanket. :yes:

Have a fabulous day, all!

auntie g
08-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Good morning! Doing fine during the week, but this weekend holds 3 cookouts to deal with. Ugh! Maybe it's time I start thinking about adding in some exercise!

Carri, 13 lbs in 3 weeks- wow! :cheer::cheer: Keep it up!!!

Arabella, here's a better image for you... http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh318/puttykatt4/smiley%20snags/th7_5_1411.gif Have fun at the cottage!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z151/ambersmilies/thSml_Friend_Circle_Womans_Pics.gif

Satine
08-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning everyone...boy I cannot wait for this three day weekend...I am having some serious mid year work burnout ...I just have to be careful with the cook outs everyone will be having ...

Auntie G - Thanks...I know I cannot keep up that kind of weight loss pace but it does keep me going and staying on plan. Like I said above, I understand about the cook out temptation, stay strong!!!!

Arabella - hope you had ( or are having ) a great time at the cabin...it is hard not to indulge when others are but I dont think a couple of glasses of wine would be that bad...I think the one I like is about 80 cals per cup...so could be worse, have fun !!!

Hi to everyone else!!!!
Carri

auntie g
08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo137/cpuff35/TGIF.gif

Yay, I'm having a 4 day weekend! And now I only have two cookouts instead of three. :carrot: Things are looking up!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Satine
08-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi All !!!

I probably wont check in much over the holiday weekend so just wanted to say "have great and safe one" :hug:

Carri

auntie g
08-30-2008, 04:10 PM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq52/l5t8lwpn/yippee-1-1.gif

Guess everyone's outta here for the weekend, but I just had to make it official - I'm rid of another 3 lbs as of this morning - yeeeee hah! The next 6 will be slower, I'm sure, but I'm getting closer!

Hope everyone's having fun!

iwmonn
08-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi!

I'm getting closer and closer to Onederland and I'd love to be part of this group. And it's kind of scaring the heck out of me!!!

I haven't been there since....... i can't even remember. I kind of decided (many years ago) that 220 was an acceptable number for me. How silly huh? :dunno: When my Dr. weighed me in at 246, I had to pull my head outta the sand.

Anyways, I'm not following any specific plan, altho I am on a medication with a side effect of some weight loss. Mostly, I'm watching my intake of junk, and I use a lunch plate for my meals. Makes it seem like there's more ;). I weigh daily, but consider my "official" weight on Tuesdays. I even usually wait to "maintain" a weight for a couple weeks before I change my ticker. I found that weighing daily keeps me motivated and, if I do gain some I don't freak- just :drill: re-focus. I know how water, stress, TOM etc can play games with my body.

I'll be 50 next year and I want to be HOT! hehe.

It's slow, and I realize that it took me a long time and lot's of sloppy habits to get this way, and it's taking time to change that. I have Patience!

Thanks for the listen!

:grouphug: Dee~

auntie g
08-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi Dee, and welcome aboard! I do the same with weighing- daily check, but only once a week counts (Saturdays for me). I won't wait to change my ticker, though. Official weigh in day is official!

You seem to be doing great without a "plan", so I guess your personal plan is working! Slow and steady wins the race!
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc171/suckieb/keepupthegoodwork.gif

iwmonn
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
TY Auntie G.

Once I quit trying to make 'programs' work for me I stopped yo-yo'ing so bad. (They made me feel so restricted and I got ..... rebellious lol. I do allow myself indulgences, probably more often than I should. But, I also watch the portions and it seems I binge much less often. Yes, I could be a lot farther along in my weight loss effort, but :shrug: this seems to be working for now. :)

I feel like I need to see that number on the scale for more than a day or two before I change my ticker. I used to get all excited and change it immediately, until I had to start changing it back lol. That's never any fun. hehehe. Last week I got a 205 on the scale. It was great to see, but within a couple days I popped back up a couple. I was probably dehydrated or something. SO when I start seeing 205 regularly, I'll change it. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone :grouphug: Dee~

Arabella
09-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Congrats on the 3 gone, Auntie G! :woohoo: You're getting so close!

Welcome, iwmonn! Sounds like your approach is working, and like something that will really help with maintenance because it's sustainable.

Satine, burnout? :stress: Me too! Unfortunately, I felt that way pretty much all the way through my four-day weekend and then yesterday afternoon I felt it lift and float away as if it were fog. In a better frame of mind today, even if I am back to work. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Well, folks, I backslid last night AND already this morning but will NOT continue to do so. It's de facto Monday and time for a fresh start -- here we go!

Time to be off and :running: Let's make this a good one!

Satine
09-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Morning everyone...I was so proud of myself , I didnt cheat ALL weekend...and I even went to 2 cookouts...so I am doing well now...I was down another 2 pounds so I get to move my stats now...I am 23 pounds away from 199...seems like alot but I have to remember that I lost 15 this month...so might not take me too long...

Hi Dee - glad to have you ...I started off about as high as you are now...and I know it can be done...

Auntie G - oh you are so close! I cant wait to celebrate the 199 for you :carrot:

Arabella - well you had your off times but dont beat yourself up about just get back on the wagon today...

Hi to everyone else...I am getting ready to weigh in here at work today for our Biggest Loser challenge, should be down here what I was at home, another two pounds...but we shall see...hope you all have a great day!

Carri

iwmonn
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
ugh... today was one of those indulge days. I live about 2 hours from any of my beloved fast food, but had to go to town today. The good point is I stayed away from McDonalds and french fries. I had a small Quizno's sandwich and half bag of Cheetos. BUT then I went to KFC to get dinner for DH and I, also wound up with 4 chicken strips to eat on the way home. Not the worst I could do, but I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't hungry. I just have a problem when I get into civilization. So many choices lol.

Thanks for your welcomes :)

Good Job with the cookouts Satine!!!

Arabella~ thanks, I'm hoping this change in my habits will be long lasting and that maintenance- while it's a long way away- will be easier for me THIS TIME ;) Backsliding is almost unavoidable but being able to pick ourselves up and shake it off is soooooo important. Kudos to you :)

auntie g
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi all! Well, I made it through the weekend fairly unscathed, but today I lost my marbles with some leftovers...:?::dizzy::?: Tomorrow's a new day, though, and I'm climbing right back on that wagon!

Arabella, hope you had a better day today! We just have to keep trudging onward!

Carri, congrats on a cheat free weekend and 2 lbs closer to the prize! Hope your work scale cooperated, too!

Dee, your post made me chuckle - I fantasize about living far away from civilization! At least you don't have to be tempted by the fast food joints on a daily basis, so that's a plus, right? If it's not very often, then you can just plan a little splurge when you're going into town. Woman cannot live on salad alone!;)

OK, let's have a great Wednesday everyone!

Satine
09-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Well we got the results from our work weigh in this week and usually I am in the top five for weight loss but this week I am number 1 !!!! :carrot:
I dont know if I can hold on to the spot until the end of the contest ( 10-14 ) but I will sure try...

Auntie G - Right, today is a new day - lets make it a good one! :hug:

Dee - I hear ya on the fast food, Honey ...it is hard...I used to hit three of them before I would go home, I can really pack down some fast food...but like I said to Auntie G - today is a new day !!!

Arabella, Cashew - Hi to you both !!!

All have a good day.

Carri

Arabella
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
212. I did well the rest of the day yesterday and have got myself back to eating only at the table when I'm here by myself. Only asking for trouble to let myself eat sitting on the couch :yes:

Satine, 15 pounds in a month?!!! Wow! I used to be able to lose weight like that when I was younger (I'm 53). And I bet I was eating about the same amount that I'm maintaining on now, if not more. :rolleyes:

iwmonn, I used to hit the fast food places, typically before I started a new diet. I've lost my taste for it, though. Even lost my taste for regular chocolate, which I never thought I'd do. Now I only like expensive chocolate. :lol:

Auntie G, ditto with the marble loss over leftovers. Baklava on this end. And I really can't do the wheat and sugar. Today I'm tired, cranky, a little depressed. And of course feeling like a "treat" might make me feel better. I think I'll pick up something legal.

Onward and downward!

Satine
09-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Arabella - Yes my Mom is always saying that I should diet now while I am young and it will come off easier...I am 34 which always doesnt seem so young...but I guess it is... I know I cant keep up that pace for long though...

auntie g
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Back to behaving today, so it's all good...

Carri, congrats on making #1!!! :cheer3::cheer2: And listen to your mom- I wish I listened to my mom when I was 10! You may not be a teeny bopper anymore (does that phrase date me? LOL- I'm 43), but you're younger right now than you ever will be again! The weight loss will slow down, but that's normal at any age. It's always easier to lose when you start. Just keep on going!

Arabella, I gave the rest of my tempting leftovers to my skinny neighbors - what a relief! I have felt pretty cranky and bloated all day, but now I'm happy that I was able to get back in control. A "legal" treat can still be a good one, and I definitely advise it when necessary.:D

Let's get those scales moving
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj83/Sean_Bastos/arrow.jpg

iwmonn
09-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi,

Much better day today. Actually it was just too busy to think about snacking lol. Off to San Francisco tomorrow for a trade show. Should be fun but a very very long day. AND I'll have the big bosses with me so I'll be on plan.

Auntie G~ it's 25 miles round trip to the store from home lol. I learned real quick that if I forget the milk, I do without it heheheh.

Satine~ I used to stop at 2 or 3 places in a day too. Sometimes one right after another just because I couldn't decide between McDonalds or Taco Bell. I am glad those days are over. The temptation is just not there now.

Arabella~ I wish I could lose the taste for it too. I'll just have to keep working on moderation when I'm alone in the city ;). (If DH is with me we always have to go to a restaurant for a balanced meal lol. -thank goodness for him!

Have a great day!
Dee~

Arabella
09-04-2008, 10:28 AM
212.8. I managed to behave yesterday, despite my best efforts. But I did have 2 small bowls of blue corn chips with hummus. However, I was definitely inches away from seeking out cake and ice cream and I didn't do that, anyway.

Still bogged down by my job. It just seems like every time I think I'm getting a handle on things, clambering up To-Do Mountain, I new tasks loaded on.

Frustration and overwork make life seem not terribly livable at the moment. Ah well. Looking for a way out...

iwmonn, have fun in Frisco!

Auntie G, I did listen to my mom. Unfortunately, she was saying "Have a cookie."

Ok, I'm going to do my best with this day. Hope all have a good one!

Satine
09-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Morning everyone...once a week I have a "cheat" meal or something, and last night was my cheat night, I had alot of forbidden foods, like chips and chocolate cake...it was good but today back on.

Dee - We made it to California last summer to stay with some friends, we stayed at thier place in Lemoore ( I think I am spelling that wrong ) ...but anyway we got to a few places I wanted to go but never made it to San Fran...and I really wanted to go there...ah well maybe next year...have fun!!

Arabella - Hi :)

Auntie G - I hear ya, I need to step it up, I am only in my thirties for a while...although I would like to stay there forever, ha ha...

Cashew - how ya doing?

Have a great day everyone, we are supposed to get some MUCH needed rain here today in Indiana and hopefully it will cool us down, it has been in the low 90's for a few days and humid, yuck !!! Bring on the Fall !!!

Carri

auntie g
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Another day on the straight and narrow - yay!

Dee, I guess there is a downside to living "out of town". As much as I try to get all my shopping done in one trip, I always forget something and have to go out again. I would be crazy if I didn't have my milk! Of course, my real fantasy is to live on a deserted tropical island, so I'm sure milk would be the least of my worries then. LOL! Glad you had a good day!

Arabella, DON'T have a cookie!!! And congrats on staying away from the cake and ice cream!

Carri, I am all for the cheat meal! I find that it keeps me going through the rest of the week, knowing that I can have whatever I am craving if I only wait til Saturday. Do you have any trouble getting back on plan the day after the cheat? Normally I am fine, unless it's a LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND - ugh! Ah, well, that's in the past now!

Have a fantastic Friday everyone! :D

Arabella
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM
211.4. Two run-ins with chips (blue corn once and brown rice chips the other) and a visit with my old friends Ben & Jerry on Thursday and Friday but I'm back on track. And journaling, which makes all the difference. There's no way I'm going to leave a journal on the kitchen table with items like: 1 bag lime and salsa flavor brown rice chips -- 875 calories.

Yeah, I don't understand why I'm not losing weight either. :rolleyes: I don't do things like that often, but it doesn't seem to take much. Anyway, I know that I eat less when I journal. So much difference seeing it down there in black and white.

I lost focus a bit somewhere along the way, exactly what I was trying to guard against when I started this thread. Thinking about goal again...

Exercise is still good, getting at least 10000 steps every day and either yoga or tai chi. DH and I walked 5 miles in pouring :rain: this morning but it was kind of fun. I just sloshed right through all the puddles in my Keen sandals. I'd forgotten how much I like splashing in puddles.

I made a South Beach pizza recipe last night that uses ground chicken or turkey for the "crust" -- it worked great and was really good. DH was dubious when he heard what was in it but he enjoyed it.

Carri & Auntie G, I like the idea of a cheat meal once a week but I often have trouble getting back on track, especially if I have wheat or sugar. I'm better off just trying to indulge in something that's free of banned substances. And eating it at the table. And journaling. Aw, takes all the fun out of it -- why bother? :dz: Well, I guess it makes the food stand by itself, instead of being a vehicle for a veg out...

Carri, if you don't get all the rain you want, I can send you some.

Auntie G, congrats on all your on-track days. :woohoo:

We had an omelet for breakfast and are having turkey leftovers dinner and all totally CORE. Gravy has all the fat skimmed, teeny bit of flour in it but not even one point's worth. Sweet potatoes & green beans, cranberry sauce sweetened with xylitol, a tiny new potato. :T No stuffing, of course.

Hope all are having a fabulous weekend!

Arabella
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
210. I'm back in the driver's seat again, not being driven. Third good day in a row, journaling, only eating at the table when I'm by myself, WW CORE, 10000+ steps a day, etc. This'll work! :yes:

I took a look at my October Onederland goal and realized I can still do it. Huzzah! Mind you, 'tis a good thing I didn't specify WHEN in October. Nevertheless, it's going to feel awfully good! :cloud9:

Hope all are well and all is well today -- let's take careful aim and hit those goals!

auntie g
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Arabella, good to see you're back on track and getting closer! And technically, you have until Halloween :sklol: to succeed at an October goal, so it should be no problem!

I got stuck at 205.5, but I know I'm lucky I didn't gain after the the Labor Day weekend eating frenzy, so I'm hoping to inch down a little bit by this Saturday's weigh-in.

Hope everyone's still fighting the good fight!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii264/Mfer88/wecandoitmagnetc1175149dk0.jpg

iwmonn
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Arabella~ Congrats on the on plan days!

I've been a little too lax with myself for a couple days. Still, each in moderation, but too many times for my mental comfort. A Doughnut here, a small bag of chips there, chocolate truffles X 3 (not quite moderate with the chocolate ;))....... Oh well, it's my weekend now and I'll get it under control again :) It's tough sometimes, working in a store with all the snackies around. There's always yummy product going out of date and I still have a mindset sometimes that it's better to eat "it" than throw it away. Soooo... no loss, but no gain either so it's still a win for me!

It's cooled off here, and that's a good thing. It was way to hot for me! I'm a misplaced Seattle Girl and 75 is a heat wave to me lol. It got into the upper 90's here at the house for several days last week. I suppose the sweat didn't hurt me, hehehe ;)

You all have a great day!

Dee~

Arabella
09-09-2008, 07:00 AM
210.4. On my fourth day of good behavior now. Patting self on back. (Where is that smiley?)

Eating only at the table when I'm alone, journaling what I eat, following WW CORE. I'm getting quite a stockpile of points saved up, too, from exercise, so that a splurge won't mean I'm off track. I remember what a lifesaver that used to be, realizing I had the points for something if I really wanted it.

Got 12000+ steps yesterday, did yoga. I'm just going to do a little now and then head out for a run through the woods.

Auntie G, congrats on maintaining post feeding frenzy! Huzzah! Yea, we fight the good fight and we will win! I love your pix.

Iwmonn, I'm in Prince Edward Island, on the east coast of Canada. So probably similar in terms of heat waves. Although I've been secretly hoping for one here to make up for our cool, rainy summer.

Satine
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Morning Everyone…I know I havent been on here in a few days, the weekend always keeps me busy and then I was off work unexpectedly yesterday…so hope everyone had a great weekend. I weighed myself yesterday and was down to 220!!!! So I am officially down 17 pounds since
8/5 …I am really happy and can tell it in my clothes… 20 pounds away from 200 seems a lot more do-able than 37 like I was …but I have to keep chugging along I guess…

I am so excited that the new season of Big Brother starts a week from today…do you all watch this? I find it so inspirational…and it keeps me motivated.

Auntie G and Arabella – I try to have one cheat meal a week to keep my metabolism guessing …and it normally is not hard for me to get back on. I look sooooooooooo forward to it every week and often plan it in advance, ha ha

Also Arabella – congrats on getting back on track …and back down to 210 …I also agree with you on the journaling, that keeps me on track…I have to do it daily

Hi Dee !!! It has cooled off here too, so I am going to get back out and start walking !!!

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Carri

iwmonn
09-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Arabella~ Here's the happy face plus a little congratulatory spinning and some encore -just because. 4 days on plan!!!! Great job!! :encore: :) :spin: :) :spin: :encore:

Carri~ Dontchya just love that loose clothes feeling? :carrot:
We had some nice cool fog this morning. Unfortunately, it's not motivating me to go walking. I just hung out in bed a few extra minutes and cuddled with the cat lol.

So DH actually complimented me yesterday. He mentioned how he could see my back looked more toned- smaller. Heh, I'll take what I can get. He supports me 100%, but is skeptical I'll succeed as he's seen me go thru this .........several times. This is most weight I've lost tho since we've been together. I'll show him!!!

Keep up the mojo ladies!!!
:grouphug:
Dee~

auntie g
09-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Another sensible day :D, should be fine until the weekend. Yesterday I made sauce from my overstock of REAL tomatoes, and boy, was it good! But alas, it was also too much work to think of doing that again soon :dizzy:. Luckily I like canned tomatoes too. Tomorrow I'm attempting some healthy stuffed peppers - never made them before, but I grew some peppers for fun, so we shall see whether it's fun or not...:cool:

Dee, chocolate truffles were my downfall before I hopped back on the wagon. Mmmmmm... I've been ok without them for the summer, but the Christmas season does worry me a bit. I can't stop at one, or two, or three... :ink: Congrats on not gaining! Sometimes that has to be good enough!

Arabella, here's a pat on the back and a nice big smiley for ya...http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h46/DarkDarkShadow/emoticons/approval.gif
http://gi59.photobucket.com/groups/g302/7VBW9A2H1D/smile.jpg
Keep up the good behavior!

Carri, congrats on 17 down! Keep on chugging along! http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/hlk1220/transport022.gif I seem to be planning my cheat meals in advance, too, which I think is a good idea, if I do say so myself! What's been hard over the summer, though, is that so many weekends were about cookouts, when I'd rather use my points on something else. Now I will finally get to have something tasty that doesn't come in a vat of mayo! :D Oh, and Big Brother is ending next week, so I'm guessing you meant Biggest Loser? I watch them both, so it's all good! I always think Biggest Loser is a little out of the normal realm of possibility, since most people can't exercise 10 hours a day :dizzy:, but I do love to watch the people melt before my eyes, and I was sooo happy that Ali won last season!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

Arabella
09-10-2008, 08:29 AM
210.6. Not budging yet but I will keep on going until it does. I've been journaling faithfully, following CORE. Getting my steps in, water, the whole shtick. It WILL work. :yes:

Thanks for the encouragement -- you guys are just THE BEST!

Auntie G, that was so sweet of you to get me a pat on the back. :) Big vat of mayo... mmmmmmmm :cloud9: Seriously, I almost never eat bread because I'm sensitive to gluten, so I dream of sandwiches on good bread, lots of mayo... stop me! Not that I don't adore chocolate truffles, though.

Satine, I would be planning my cheat meal in advance too. I bet you find it gets you through cravings sometimes, knowing you can have whatever for your treat meal. I guess WW CORE works a little similarly for me because you can stockpile points and then use as you see fit. :chin:

Wow, 17 down in just over a month! You'll hit Onederland in no time. :D

Iwmonn, congrats on the compliment. My DH is pretty supportive and he certainly never lets me forget I'm on a diet. I said, when we were going away this year, that I'd have to be careful not to get into "vacation mode" and just eat whatever. So anytime I looked sideways at anything questionable, he'd say to me "vacation mode?"

Gotta say, I'm fed up with the status quo -- job's bugging me, husband's bugging me. I'm going to have to make some changes how I run my job and my life because I'm just not happy with how things are going right now. I guess it's up to me to fix it. :rolleyes:

Let's go out and win this one, Goilies!

Satine
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Another day, another day of journaling my calories...gotta tell ya, I like losing weight and how I feel about myself but I wish I could go back to the days when I could just pick something up and eat it and not worry about how many calories it was or whatever :D

Auntie G - I did mean Biggest Loser - I am a huge Big Brother fan as well so I guess I had it on the brain, ha ha. I was so happy last year that Ali won as well...I cannot believe how good she looked...she didnt even have loose skin that I could see.

Arabella - I know, I too am in a rut with the job, just some burn out I guess...cant wait until January when I get all my vacation time back, I need some serious time off.

Dee - yeah I love when dh notices something and actually compliments me, makes me want to keep on plan - congrats on that!!

Cashew - Hi, where are ya?

Hope you all have a good day...I totaled up my calories for my lunch today and I think I only am having about 275, so that wont cut it, I will be starving, need to go and find something in the work cafe somewhat good for me...talk to you all later!!

Carri

auntie g
09-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Well! Making stuffed peppers is definitely more fun than making tomato sauce. Can you believe that today was the first time in my life (at 43!) that I've ever eaten a pepper? I can't imagine ever drooling over them, but they were good enough.

Arabella, you're so close to the 2-0's, keep on keeping on! I must admit I LOL'd a little bit about being fed up with the status quo, as I'm having that problem too. Sometimes it's just good to know you're not the only one. My job is on it's last leg, and my DH has been on my last nerve lately. We did have a good talk and things will be fine, but as for the job, I need to start over and that is very scary!:?:

Carri, ah, the sweet life of not worrying about calories and journaling... It would be nice, but I've finally come to accept that it just won't be that way for me. It also will be so nice to shop in "normal" stores for clothes. It's a trade-off. Who are you rooting for in Big Brother? I am really mad at Dan for abandoning Keesha for the final 3, but I think he has played it the best and deserves to win.

Have a great Thursday...
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm304/WillowSapphire/sept11-01.gif

Arabella
09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
209.4. And I actually got to move my ticker today. Yessssssss!!!

Seriously, if I could just remember how much work it is to get off these :dance: that come on so easily...

But I am getting a handle on it, between WW CORE, journaling and only eating at the table when I'm by myself. It's working.

Auntie, your support is so helpful. You're right, even at the rate I lose, Onederland is not far away. I did lose my way a little but I'm back on track.

Thanks for the reminder of the date. I'd forgotten, and it's always good to remember how fortunate we are to have each of these days in this world. It's all a great mystery and it can stop at any time. So let's live our lives with gladness and gratitude.

Carri, I swear, sometimes there's just that kind of energy around. When I feel like I can't stand things another minute, sometimes I remind myself that not being able to stand things is good motivation for changing them. And here we are.

Funny how we can have days where we're just managing to hold it together, what with jobs & DSes. And then the next day, somehow, things are okay again. Day before yesterday I was about to snap. Yesterday I was in a fury in the morning. Had a furious walk around the harbour, did my yoga, stomped around the kitchen a bit and... got over it. Now today, life seems sunny again :flow2: Guess I had some steam to blow off.

Blessings on all our days and thank you all for being part of mine!

Satine
09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning Everyone...you ever have those days where nothing sounds or tastes good? Sometimes in the middle of dieting I get that way...where nothing is enjoyable...I had one of those days yesterday and this morning when I ate breakfast it was the same, just blah!! :( We are weighing in here at work tomorrow instead of Tuesday so I might have my cheat meal tomorrow evening...maybe that will help things.

Auntie G - I dont know who I want to win...I was surprised that Dan and Memphis did get rid of Keesha ...but I guess that is just the game, I am sure they figured ( like they said ) that they can beat Jerry over her...I think tonights episode is going to be good...If Jerry does win HOH, Dan and Memphis are screwed...

Arabella - Glad to hear that you are feeling sunny again today...yes we all have those days... :cool:

Dee - Hi

*** We will never forget...**** Remembering 9/11 victims and families today...sometimes we forget how lucky we are.

Have a good day all.
Carri

Arabella
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
208.8. I went back to WW this morning and am 1.5 away from 40 pounds lost there. Mind you, that's from sporadic effort over 3 years. :dz: Ah well, I could have stayed the same or gawd forbid gained.

I am on track for goal and I WILL get there!

Satine, I think I've had those days. Almost never in my life have I lost interest in food though. Sometimes I get on a streak where I don't think about food except when I'm hungry and that's SWEET.

I've got 34 extra points left to play around with. I don't intend to use many, if any, of them but it's nice to know I can if I want.

Have a great day, Goilies!

Satine
09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Morning ...we have our weigh in at work this morning so I may pop in later and tell you guys how I did...here's hoping for a good loss :crossed:

We are actually getting some good rain today and probably all weekend...I hate to see a rainy dreary weekend but my yard and flowers could really use it.

Arabella - yes I do get sick of food easily...last night we had one of my favorite low meals - we went out for sushi - it was so good !!! :love:
Forty pounds is quite an accomplishment...great job !!!!!:carrot:

Are any of you near Ike?

Hi to Auntie G, Dee, and Cashew - check back in later!!!

Carri

anagram
09-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Arabella, you're doing so wonderfully well! Motivation for me too.

I get bored with foods easily too - but I wouldn't be bored if it were p.b. fudge or something like that. I do try to mix it up and pay attention to what I really seem to crave. The last craving was for asparagus - the one before that was Dairy Queen - had both but the DQ was a simple vanilla dish and I had eaten lightly so it worked in. Wish I could say that about every day.

205.4 this morning. A new recent low by .2 and it won't "stick" but at least when I see it once, I figure I'll see it again.

auntie g
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Good evening, all, and yay! the weekend has arrived! Tomorrow's my splurge day, and for the first time my plan is still up in the air. That's a little scary- makes me feel a bit out of control, but I will try to keep a grip.

Arabella, hurray for the 2-0's! http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n307/criingangel2003/hurray.gif And really, like you said, a sporadic 3 year effort to lose 40 lbs is still way better than gaining it! Onederland is getting closer and closer!

Carri, hope you had a good weigh in! We're getting some serious rain here (not hurricane type, just rain) too, and I'm sure the grass is happy about it, but we had rained out plans last weekend, and I'm hoping it gets over with before messing up this weekend too! OK, so now we're down to Dan and Memphis, as expected, and I'm definitely rooting for Dan. I don't know why they need to drag the show out til Tuesday now that it's the final 2. It will overlap the 2nd hour of Biggest Loser, which I guess I'll tape and watch later. Ah, such is life...

Anagram, here's hoping the new low sticks! :crossed:

Have a great weekend everybody! And remember our destination...

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j171/peacefulpat/onederland.gif

Satine
09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Evening All ...thought I would be brave and put my own pic as my avatar...

Auntie G - Yes I knew it would come down to Dan and Memphis ...I wish they would have done it any day but Tuesday because I really wanted to watch biggest loser on that night... I guess I DVR one of them and then stay up late watching it all...I really have to because everyone will be talking about it at work the next day and ruin it for me :) Yes I did have a good weigh in but it was the same as at home...although I guess I could change my numbers as now I am down to 219...I dont think I have changed that anyway...

Well getting late here, getting tired...THANK GOD it is FRIDAY !!!!

Carri

Arabella
09-13-2008, 07:54 AM
209.8. Veered a little off-course yesterday but it was a far cry from the diversions of the past. In WW terms, I didn't go through all the points available to me. But I did eat standing and didn't meditate. Which, come to think of it, might have put me in a stronger frame of mind to resist veering. :chin:

Still, got my 10k steps, did yoga, etc. Onward we go.

Carri, hello GORGEOUS!!! Wowzers, you're beautiful. :)

Anagram, you must be doing good things to have such great weigh-ins. I'm v. impressed.

Auntie G, is it your splurge plan that's up in the air? I would have had a more satisfying splurge if I'd planned it, for sure. Maybe next time.

Just wanted to see this one again:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii264/Mfer88/wecandoitmagnetc1175149dk0.jpg

auntie g
09-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Happy Saturday! Another 2 lbs down today - yippee! I think I just may take myself for a walk today. :running:

Carri, good for you putting your pic up - you are adorable! And congrats on the good weigh-in- it's always exciting to break into the next lower "decade"! As for the TV dilemma, I don't have to worry about anyone at work talking about anything, since I'm alone much of the time :(, so I'll watch the first half of BL, tape the 2nd half while watching BB, and get to that taped half the next day. Go Dan!

Arabella, a little off course isn't so bad. That's what I love about the points system- it allows you to "veer off" here and there, while still following the plan. Yes, my splurge plan is not quite planned for today. Normally I know ahead of time where I'll be going or what I'll be eating for my BIG meal, but we've been waiting on a friend to make a decision this week, and haven't heard anything yet. So, I don't know whether we're going out or not, and I don't want to do something else "big" and then find out that the friend does want to go out. :?: Guess I better behave myself for now...

Yes! We CAN do it!!! Let's go!!!

Arabella
09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
208.6. Although a little :flow1: wouldn't hurt. Ah well, this is the day we have been given and it behooves us to make the most of it. All on track and happy about that, too. Funny how I can go such a long time "trying" but not hard enough to actually lose weight. And I feel like I'm making an effort the whole time.

Then, just that little extra bit of effort -- journaling, making sure to get in all the exercise, keeping food within bounds -- and it actually works. :faint: Who'da thunk it?

And it feels SO much better. Well, I'm using all the tools at my disposal to make this work and I'm NOT going to quit.

Auntie G, congrats on the 2 more fluffies released! :woohoo:

How did your splurge work out? Got some vicarious treats for me? ;)

K, let's keep the locomotion in motion... I think I can, I think I can...

auntie g
09-14-2008, 12:33 PM
My splurge meal was fine. Luckily the fellow we were waiting on checked in early enough to make a decision. Went out for a very high calorie, but very tasty burger, and it was all accounted for in my points. So it's all good! Started walking yesterday, too. Only got in 20 minutes because it got dark fast, but it's a start!

Arabella, keep up that little extra effort! :D I really think writing the food down makes all the difference in the world. Sometimes we just don't think things add up as fast as they can, and keeping track is the only way to go.

And today's picture...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/Heronluck/littleengine.jpg

Arabella
09-15-2008, 06:18 AM
209.6. Thought I'd be down this a.m. because I was poifect yesterday but I guess that's not always the way it works. Shall persevere with good behavior and it will work! :yes:

Auntie G, you are the Image :queen: -- thanks so much for taking the time to add those. They're really entertaining and motivating. :)

Yes, journaling makes a huge difference to me. I'd lost 10 pounds or so earlier in the year when I was journaling before. Why did I stop? :shrug: Will keep on now, though. Coming in here and being accountable is a big help doing what I need to do.

Ooh ooooh, look at you -- three measly pounds from Onederland! How exciting!!! You could arrive any day. :hyper:

Make it a Mahvelous Monday, all!

Satine
09-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning Everyone ...I had a horrible weekend eating wise...it started off as me having a cheat meal on Saturday which turned into all day Saturday and then turned into the whole weekend...which I have not done in months!!!
So I had a little big of everything ... but I am back on track today !!!!:)

Auntie G - you are so close to Onederland...great job ...cant wait until tomorrows TV night ...good job on not going crazy on your splurge meal like I did :D

Arabella - I have those days, where I just know I will be down and I am not...dont get yourself down, you are doing great!! I cant wait to be where you are...

Hope you all have a good day, I am leaving work half day today, going to be a beautiful cool one...I am going to open up the windows and do some cleaning

Carri

auntie g
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Yep, another Monday is upon us... I'm making a week's worth of ww pasta today, to at least cover most of the week. (I love that stuff!) I'm on my best behavior- it'll take every ounce of effort to get through PMS!

Arabella, keep it up! The scale will cooperate soon enough. We had such high humidity here for the past 2 days, and that always means one thing- the water retention beast! I don't know how the weather is where you are, but it's always something to keep in mind... I'm glad you like the pix. I love to look for appropriate ones when I have the time. Keep on journaling! http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee309/3534538/Smileys/Smiley_write-a-letter.gif

Carri, good job just putting the weekend behind you. Getting right back on the wagon is the only solution! http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa70/LawlipopsAdoptables/wagonred.gif Happy cleaning, and yeah, tomorrow night will be a good TV night!

Have a great day, all!

Primm
09-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Geez Louise. If I'm going to plateau, does it have to be here? My last 4 weekly weighs are 201 - 200.8 - 200.2 - 201.

Aaaaarrrgghhh! I know, I know, stay on track and it will happen. But a plateau in the 190's would have been nicer. A month sitting within ONE FREAKIN' POUND of 200 is just cruel. *sigh*

iwmonn
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Good Morning Everyone :)

Today is "Saturday" for me. Actually it's much easier for me to stay on track during my weekends. THere is too much tempting food at work lol. We do have no-no's here at home too, but with DH hovering ;), and the fact that I have time to think through everything I want to put into my mouth it just seems easier. I'm still hovering between 205.5 and 208 so I'm refusing to change my ticker still... I'll just keep on keeping on here. Maybe even hit the treadmill this week.

I do need to start journaling again too. It's amazing what I find out about myself when I do! I can't wait til tomorrow night for TBL!! I've watched every season and now DH is even watching it with me. He still sometimes doesn't understand why I get so emotional (like a blubbering fool hehehe) during the show, altho I have seen watery eyes from him a time or two too.

Need to make an appt with the Dr for a regular checkup re my blood sugar, etc., but need to do some bloodwork first. I'm thinking that I may officially be hitting the big Menopause stage. I'm going to ask that my TSH be tested too, just to see. I'm getting quite irregular and this sweating really sux. lol But, I'd love to get on with this stage of my life. I probably need to really look at making some adjustments to my plan... just not quite sure what yet.

Carri~ That's a wonderful picture, btw! And great job recognizing your weekend problems and getting right back on board! Keep it up!

Auntie G~ I love the pics you post too. The Little Engine was one of my favorites wehe I was a little girl. The first story I can remember reading myself :)...

Arabella~ patience ;) Tomorrow may be the day the scale shows your efforts! Good Luck!

Pimm~ I hit that plateau at 220. Every time I got there I got stuck. I really think it was a mental thing for me. 220 is what I considered "acceptable".... (I still have trouble understanding my thought process there lol). Anyways, I just wanted to say keep it up!!!!! How exciting :cp:

So... enough of my novel hehe. You all have a wonderful day!

Satine
09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
So I got on the scale this morning and assessed ( sp? ) the damage from my weekend full on splurge, the scale only showed me up 1 pound :carrot: so that makes me feel better, and believe me it was worth the 1 pound :D

I just came back from the best dental appt ever! So my dentist comes in and she is standing beside the chair talking to me and all of the sudden she stops her dental conversation and says "You have lost weight!" , I was so happy that she had noticed...she said she could really tell in my belly area...I tend to gain alot of my weight there...needless to say after she said that I have been on cloud nine ...gives me the strength to go on and not have another weekend cheat ( well all weekend anyway ).

Auntie G- good luck with the PMS that is the WORST time for me, luckily I only have a period every 3 months so that makes it not so bad...yay tonight is a great TV night...if I have to stay up until midnight to get it all watched I will ...so happy B Loser is starting now, keeps me on the straight and narrow and inspires me weekly.

Arabella - Hi, hope you are having a good day

Dee - I am telling you , journaling does make all the difference for me, keeps me knowing exactly where I am at ...good luck to getting back to it

Have a great day all...

Carri

auntie g
09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
:carrot: Yippee, it's Biggest Loser (and Big Brother!) night! It's always good to have some more inspiration...

Carri, glad you didn't have a big gain from the weekend! That pound will be gone before you know it. And http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc352/ksamten/yay.gif That's awesome that your dentist noticed your weight loss! That really does pump you up to keep on going... http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/picturegurl88/yellowcloudnine.gif I may have to catch the 2nd hour of BL tomorrow after work. I'm definitely watching BB in real time. It's gonna be good...

Dee, get out that journal! You've got to know what you're putting in, and it's just too hard to remember if it's not written down! :dizzy: It's awesome that your DH will watch TBL with you. Mine used to on occasion, but his work schedule does not allow for it anymore, so I'm on my own. Good luck with the big M!

Ruth, that IS a painful place to plateau, but as you said, stay on track and it will happen! Good luck!

OK everybody, let's do this thing!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h299/Leelah_2006/Lose_Weight_Woman.jpg

Primm
09-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I jumped on the scales today (not my day today, that's usually Monday) and guess what?

199.3!
:carrot::cb::carrot::cb::carrot::cb::carrot:

I'm not counting it or changing my ticker, because it's not Monday. But if I can keep doing this for another 5 days, I'll be in ONEDERLAND! For the first time in I can't honestly remember how long!

So excited.

auntie g
09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc143/vmartinjr/woohoo-14.gif

Satine
09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Primm - congrats on seeing that number ...I have been there before and I know how good it feels :carrot:

Auntie G- I knew Dan would win BBrother...no question...I loved last nights episode of Biggest Loser...I like the teams...I just hate how hard they work them at first...I would be the one crying and throwing up :D

Hope everyone has a great day !!!

Carri

auntie g
09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Carri, yeah, I was sure hoping it would be Dan, but I was surprised that it was unanimous. Sweeeeeet... Haven't finished watching TBL yet, but I'm going to get to that in a bit. I can't even imagine going from no exercise to that kind of butt kicking. I'm surprised they don't all drop over!

iwmonn
09-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Primm~ Congratulations!!!!! It has got to be so exciting to see a 1!!! I couldn't even say when the last time I was in onederland was. Take it one day at a time and you'll soon be changing that ticker!

I'm not a BB fan but I was so happy to have TBL on last night. LOL DH and I were joking to each other that after all these seasons, wouldn't ONE of us think to have a box of kleenex near our chair during the show? (I love my man, he's so sensitive ;) )

I really like every one of the teams and was so sorry to see any of them voted off :( . But WOW didn't they look fabulous in there "after" scenes!?!?!

You all have a wonderful day!!!!
Dee~

Arabella
09-18-2008, 06:53 AM
209.2. Sticking with the whole shtick, journalling, staying CORE, exercising, etc. Well, this isn't unusual for me. I just have to continue, stick with it and eventually the weight will come off. For tomorrow at WW would be nice. (Are you listening, :devil: scale?)

Iwmonn, I watched half of the first TBL of the season yesterday. First time I'd really seen it. Hype and overdramatization on TV really bugs me (Hello Oprah?) but once I got past that I could see how people get hooked on the show. I felt a lot of compassion for the people and that helps me feel a bit more that way about myself, always a good thing.

Primm :woohoo:

Auntie g, funny -- I had a dream about a friend of mine dressing in big, frumpy clothes and someone mistaking them for me. (pic reminded me). I don't actually dress frumpily but I do go for coverage more than I would if I were slender.

Satine, congrats on the nice recognition from the dentist! I've had a few people lately commenting on my weight loss over the summer. Nice to have that when I'm not hearing much from the scale. :dz:

Well, here we go... another day "on task." Trying not to think about it as efforts that aren't being rewarded but more along the lines of "this is how I live" and it will take me where I want to go and let me stay there.

Let's hit it! :cb: :cb:

auntie g
09-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Mornin' all! This is proving to be a very challenging PMS week. I haven't strayed far, but I am giving in to salt cravings and feeling soooo bloated. Ugh! Ah well, it will pass...

Still haven't gotten to the 2nd hour of TBL, hopefully tonight.

Arabella, good luck at tomorrow's weigh-in!

Satine
09-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Having a bad day today...having one of those days where no matter what I eat I still feel hungry and unsatisfied...hoping I can get through the day without going crazy...I did end up losing the pound I gained over the weekend even lost another according to the scale so I am happy about that I just wish I felt better...almost like I am fighting a hunger headache as well...I did only have sushi for lunch and that is not much protein so maybe I am just needing to eat something again...already up to 750 calories though
oh well

Arabella - Stay Strong - here's to hoping the WW meeting and weigh in go great!!!

Auntie G - I feel like I am having your PMS hunger when I am not even pms'ing, what is up with that? ha ha

wish me luck Girls - it is going to be a long hard day :)

Carri

mezmerize
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Can I join? My ticker is the correct weight and following WW program.

auntie g
09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Carri, I certainly feel your pain! :hug: I haven't noticed having that problem at any time besides PMS, of course that is half of every month...:o I hope you got past it!

Hi Mez, welcome aboard the Onederland Express! It's a bumpy ride, but we're heading in the right direction! http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/hlk1220/transport022.gif

Arabella
09-19-2008, 06:12 AM
208.6. Down .2 from last week. :rolleyes: Is there no one who will rid me of this :dance:

The only thing I can think to do differently is to squeeze in more exercise. I'm seriously following CORE, journaling, getting the water, getting 10k+ steps a day, etc., etc.

Auntie g, it IS a bumpy ride, isn't it -- dang it all! I guess as long as we stay on the tracks and keep moving we'll get there.

Mezmerize, welcome aboard!

Carri, I'm beyond PMS myself but I swear I still get it! I do find that if I make sure to get enough protein and watch the carbs I'm less hungry. If I eat wheat one day I can be sure I'm going to be hungry all the next day. Bah. Sometimes this whole thing just seems difficult.

Nevertheless, this is as low as I've gotten since I had a brief drop down to 207 in July. So, I'll forge onward and eventually I'll get below it. Holy smokes, though, I've never had it this difficult. Party tonight, so I'm making my plan of attack right now. I refuse to lose ground that I've fought so hard for!

Happy Friday, All!

Satine
09-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Well I went back through my food journal this morning for yesterday and did realize my hunger problem for the day...I wasnt that hungry yesterday morning so I just had an english muffin...so I didnt have any protein, just all carbs...and I normally have some good protein in the morning to get me through, so I think that just spiraled everything into my hunger mess...but I did get through it and managed to stay in my calorie range so it was okay, I just didnt feel well though ...today should be better I got my protein in this morning :)

Mezmerize - Welcome and Good Luck!!!

Arabella - I know it can be hard when you are sticking to the plan and still not losing that much, but it was a loss !! And I know you will break through this and get below 200 in no time :hug:

Auntie G - How ya doing today?

Hope you all have a great weekend...make it an OP one !!!!

Carri

mezmerize
09-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone thanks for the welcome.

Auntie g – PMS has been at my doorstep also. So far I been holding it at bay. A few mood swings did manage to sneak by but no food.

Satine – Do you have low protein snacks around? At times a piece of string cheese along with some water will help curb until its time for my normal meal. I also purchased Fiber One single serving powered drink that I mix in my water bottle it sure seems to hit the spot.

Arabella – I’m happy to hear your planning for the party. It can really help ones mindset when there.

Today I went rummaging today. I picked up Crunch Fat Burning Dance Party. I’ve never done a Crunch Workout DVD before. It states it for all sizes so we will see. It does sound fun. My Weigh in day is Wed. This is the second week start of my MIA from health and here. So I’m hoping that I can finally make it passed the 200 mark. It will be a huge success if I do. I’ve come so close only to see it slip by.

auntie g
09-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Ah, only half a pound down this week, but I guess I'm happy with that. Could have been worse, for sure! But the ever elusive Onederland continues to keep it's distance...

Arabella, yes, we must just stay on the tracks! We'll get there eventually! How'd you do at the party?

Carri, good job investigating your hunger, and making it through a rough day! The journal is the key to success! I finally finished watching TBL. I love the when they show the eliminated team's progress at the end. And I can't even fathom some of those high losses in one week. Even with all that exercise, it just is crazy to think about!

Mez, do you have any methods for taming PMS? Good luck with the workout DVD!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Arabella
09-20-2008, 12:53 PM
The good news being that, much to my surprise and delight, I weighed in down 1.4 from last week at WW. AND... that meant a total of 40 pounds off there (nearly 50 total, but 40 at WW, albeit over more than 2 years.)

Bad news being that I sort-of jettisoned my plan at the party and post-party. I quite likely didn't go over points but didn't journal or keep track. Back to scrupulousity (what, that's not a word? :faint: ) today.

Carri, I'm exactly the same -- more carb, less protein and I feel tired and hungry. I need to feed me properly to feel well! Journaling really helps, doesn't it. It's something I tend to resist strenuously but it makes such a huge difference to my success. And I've read so many things suggesting that it is one of the top things you can do to ensure weight loss. Good for us!

Auntie g, I'm not thrilled at my lack of perfection at the party but it was a far cry from times of the past when I might have eaten handfuls of chips, dip, bread, cake -- whatever was going. So, feeling like even when I stray from plan, I'm not straying far. Might have a blow-out at some point but... not now.

Mez, you inspired me! As soon as I read about those DVDs I ordered them. I LOVE to dance -- and between you and me, as a child of the sixties, I could sure use some new moves :lol: Thanks for mentioning. I'll be looking forward to comparing notes.

Yea, though it be Saturday I must yet do some stuff. I haven't gotten much accomplished yet today but for exercise, breakfast and getting cleaned up. Mayhap I'll take my mummy out to the library and come back and do some gardening. I've upped my step goal to 12,500 a day so there'll be more of that, too.

:wave: All! Let's make this a good one.

luvin2lose
09-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Ladies.....I have a long way to go to One-derland, but I am on the express and stokin' the fire as hard as I can.

My goal is to reach 210 before the end of the year. Which is a HUGE goal for me because I will be laid up for awhile in October for knee surgery. I am hoping to be down to 240 by my surgery on Oct 16th. I am working out at least once a day, twice if the gym is open when I get off work. I work until 7:30pm and I live in a small town. The gym only stays open till 8pm, but I can usually get in 15 mins on the eliptical, which is better than plopping on the couch and eating bon bons....lol.

This is such a great site and has really kept my motivation up the last few weeks.

mezmerize
09-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Auntie g – I sure wish I was smart enough to come up with a cure for PMS. I could use the money. : ) Congrats on the 1 lbs. loss

Arabella – Congrats on the 40 total lbs loss! Journaling is such a hard thing for me to do. I do best when I do it. I just don’t know why I drag my feet with this! I have yet to watch the dance workout dvd. To many people around. I am going to give it a try on Tuesday. How long before you receive it? It would be fun to compare notes.

Luvin2lose – Welcome! Love the attitude! I look forward to cheering you on. I also love this site. I tell everyone that is considering losing weight to look at this site.

As for me well my eating has been on plan. Well kind of I’ve not eating all my points. I’m finding it hard since sometimes it’s later at night and I don’t want to over do it then go to bed. The food choices have been healthy for the most. I have taken to buying Weight Watchers, Healthy Choice, and Lean Cuisines frozen meal. Sometimes I just don’t have time to cook. My family will pickup fast food and I grab one of these when we get home. It really does the trick since I’m eating something I enjoy and I don’t feel I’m missing out. Last night we had running around and I was very hungry due to the fact I didn’t eat much for lunch. (A Fiber One bar and a All Bran Tea Drink) So dinner time I was hungry. When we finished running around. I popped in a Lean Cuisines Spinach, mushroom, and chicken panini frozen sandwich. I nuked a sweet potato and had a piece of fruit with it. I was happy and full. I had a WW frozen treat later and still had 4.5 points left. It was just to late to eat anything after that.

djay
09-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi Ladies!
Just found this thread and it has me laghing, crying and nodding feverishly in agreement!

I have had a steady focus on Onderland for so long. I recently went through a period where weight was dropping quickly and it looked like I was going to cruise into onderland a light speed!

Then on Tue. of last week I hit 200.8...and the scale will not budge! I have been excersising like a fiend. refusing to open my mouth anywhere near food that was not OP...but the powers that be just don't want me to cross over! Did they close Onederland for maintenance? When is it supposed to re-open?

Do you think you girls could give me one last shove? Maybe that will do the trick!!! :lol:

auntie g
09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Just another manic Monday... Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I pretty much behaved - didn't even have my splurge meal on Saturday. We had no outings, so I figured I better suck it up and try for a good week this week!

Arabella, :woohoo: for the official 40, but nearly 50 lbs loss! Of course we want it to happen faster, but no matter how long it takes, at least it's in the right direction! And this is LIFE, not a race! Sometimes there are parties in life, and we don't have to be perfect ALL the time! ;) How's the "scrupulousity" going?

Luvin, welcome aboard! Good luck with your goal and your surgery! And stay far, far away from the bon bons! ;)

Mez, congrats on staying on plan! Those frozen meals certainly can come in handy sometimes, and if you're adding a fruit and veggie, that's awesome! When I used to buy a lot of Lean Cuisines in the past, I never really added anything to round them out, and then I was left feeling hungry and deprived, so you're definitely doing the right thing there!

Djay, hi! Glad to see you here! Onederland closed for maintenance! :rofl: I knew there had to be some technical difficulty! You are sooooo close! You'll be there any minute now! I'm hoping to be right behind you, so if you wouldn't mind holding the door...

Arabella
09-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Auntie g, YES! Those TBL losses were INSANE. The only way they could happen was if someone was WAY off track beforehand, which I guess these people were. And eating the kind of stuff -- hello, simple carbs, salt? -- that make people retain lots of water. Crazy, though -- I mean, you couldn't GAIN that much in a week, right?

Although, as I recall, The Carb Queen gained some incredible amount -- my recollection is something like 48 pounds in a week binging when she went off her diet. :eek: And then lost all but 15 the next week, I think, when she went back on plan. Speaking of whom, holy smokes, I just saw a video clip of her on the Today Show and it looked like she was close to 300 pounds, although they were talking as if she was at her lowest point. Oh Baby, that kind of denial is what gets us in BIG trouble.

Um, scrupulousity is going great! 14k steps last two days, perfectly OP. Huzzah!

Djay :welcome: How frustrating to be so close! :devil: scale :mad:

Luvn :welcome: to you, too! Sounds like you're dedicated -- those pounds will evaporate in no time. :)

Mez, when you finish with your PMS cure, could you come out with one for postmenopausal hormonal cr@p? Thanks!

All aboard -- this train's leaving the station!

Satine
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Morning...boy I missed alot of the weekends...some newbies joined...welcome welcome...

I had a good OP weekend, which was hard since I went to two cookouts...but I stayed strong...even worked a homemade brownie into my calories...I was down to 217 on Saturday so now I am officially down 20 which makes me feel good, but I wont really feel that great until I am in the single digit 2's and know that I am getting really close!!!

Auntie G and Mez - let me know how you like those exercise dvds , I am always looking for new ones to do in my basement in the winter.

Arabella - 40 pounds down, great job !!!!!:carrot: You are doing so well...cannot wait until I can say that ...

DJay - you are way too close not to go under 200 anyday now, good luck!

Hope you all have a good day...

Carri

Satine
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Morning All ...cant believe I was the last one that posted yesterday and the first one this morning. :) Hope everyone is doing okay. I have my weekly weigh in here at work this morning in about an hour...I was down only two at home so I guess we will see what the scales say here.

It sure is great weather around here lately ( Indiana ) ...about 80-82 all week and then next week the high 70's...Fall is here !!! Cant wait until it is about low 70's for a while.

Well everyone have a great day!!!

Carri

Arabella
09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Still doing well. 3 days in a row getting 14k+ steps, totally OP food-wise. I'm just not going to let go, nuh-uh.

I'm tired and busy -- decided to scale back on plans for today. Too bad I've got to scale back on sound yoga and tai chi instead of work, though. Rats! But I guess I've got to be a "grown-up" about this. :dz:

Carri, thanks for keeping us from sinking to the bottom of the threads! Congrats on the nice loss :woohoo: You're a STAR, Baby! Mmmm, a homemade brownie sounds like something I might use some points for some time. Yummmmm! But not until after WI this week...

Wish we had your weather -- most of our summer wasn't that warm and June and August we had rain almost every day. Temps are in the fifties daytime and MUCH colder at night. But I still have hopes and dreams that it'll warm up again for a little while before the big crunch. :crossed:

Hope that color doesn't put anyone's eyes out. How's everyone else doing? C'mon in and tell us. Let's make this a good day!

auntie g
09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/mensan98th/thegogglesdonothing.jpg
(Hee hee hee!) Hello fellow travellers! I'm on track this week, hoping to make a dent... I still haven't started much of an exercise program, so I know that has to come soon. I just don't want to jam on something that won't last. I guess I'm waiting for the right inspiration to come along. At least that's the excuse I'm going with for now...

Arabella, I didn't know who the Carb Queen was, so I had to look her up. Oh yeah! That dang giant donut that used to show up on the 3FC new posts page- grrrrr... I still don't know much about her, but 48 lbs in one week? That's insane! Good job on the 14K steps!:carrot: Keep it up! I think I might have to get me a pedometer!

Carri, wow! 2 cookouts, and stayed on plan - congrats! :carrot: And you should feel good about being down 20! Every even 10 is certainly cause for celebration (of the non-food variety!) We've been having some great weather here, too. I should really take advantage of the perfect walking weather before it gets too cold. (Btw, it wasn't me with the exercise DVDs - wish I would, but know I won't!) TBL tonight - yay! Oh, and how did your work weigh in go??

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

mezmerize
09-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Djay – I have not made that close 201 was my closest to onelander. It’s been my goal for sometime now. (look at my joining date) So I feel your pain. So here’s a caring shove.

Auntie g – I also found that just the meal wasn’t enough to get me full. WTG on the non splurge day. I’m sending will power dust for your staying on plan this week.

Satine – Fingers crossed the work scale is kind to you. Yes fall is here nice time. It’s more comfortable to go outside and do stuff w/o getting bit. The bugs love me! I will keep you posted on the DVD’s I have a lot of different ones. I like to work out at home. Walk Away The Pounds are one of my staples. I love I can get a quick mile or 2 in. Even on busy days.

Arabella – What is sound yoga?

Today is weight in. I’m hoping for a loss. I’ve done well with eating not going over mostly going under my points. I know I should eat all but I’ve been full. I even worked out.
I went shopping last night and I picked up a yoga block it came with a strap. I have no idea how to use this but it was on clearance a few more yoga DVDs (so the block may come in handy), yoga pants ( So compy!) a yoga sling bag for my matt, and a gym bag for all my equipment. These were all on clearance! I love finding bargains…it my form of hunting. Well I put off my weighing long enough.. fingers crossed I see an least an ounce gone.

Satine
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Morning...my stomach just started to growl so I guess it is time to get some breakfast in me...I had my cheat meal last night and I added up all of the calories and it was about 2800!!! wow, I usually keep around 1500 so that was quite a jump- maybe I should have had that king size Twix, ha ha
oh well, it keeps me on track and keeps my metabolism guessing.

I was down 3.8 at work, which is about right since it has been two weeks since I weighed...I am still currently in first place with 3 more weeks to go, I will win about 300.00 if I remain in first, fingers crossed!!!

Auntie G - last night was a good BL show...that whole water slide thing made me so tired just watching it, geez they work those people...Also I am like you, I have lost those 20 pounds without exercising once, but I know that will stop soon and I will have to...good luck on staying on track!

Arabella - that color was crazy...hard on the eyes, ha ha ...but thanks for the compliment...17 pds , well I guess 18 to 199...here I come!!! I cannot believe you get that many steps in all day, 14k? GREAT job!!!

Mez - I also love the WATP dvds, I found her a little annoying but I can get through it, ha ha ...

Have a great day all, gotta go eat !!!

Carri

mezmerize
09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
2 lb loss. Will take any amount :)

Satine - Completey agree with you on L.S. I just mute it and put on my music. It not hard to follow which is great for me.

auntie g
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I'm having a low point day today. Had to go out to buy a new TV, and I almost never go anywhere on work nights, so I ran out of time to cook and just had a quickie veggie burger. Now I'm just worried about Friday night- a friend is coming over with pizza :jeno::drool::yikes:. I always have the same (non-pizza) dinner on Friday nights since I weigh in on Saturday mornings, so this might throw me out of whack!

Mez, thanks for the willpower dust- I'm gonna need it! I bought a bunch of yoga stuff on clearance a couple years ago, too, but I never actually used most of it. I still have hopes that I will some day... So pathetic. Congrats on the 2 lb loss! :cb::carrot::broc:

Carri, :woohoo: Great loss! Hope you hold onto first place in the contest! $300 can buy you some new smaller clothes! Oh, that waterslide was crazy! I was thinking that's gotta really hurt the stomach when they slid off the end. :o Stay away from those Twix now!

Have a good Thursday all!

djay
09-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I've been wondering where this thread went!

Auntie g- don't get discouraged now! I've got the door propped open and saving you a prime spot by the pool where you can watch the HOT lifeguards!:devil: Yes...It's always summer in Onederland!

Thanks to all who joined in to give me that final shove...I know that is what did it...OK...along with the extra hours of walking and no cheating for the past month...But it took that shove to finally get to Onederland!;)

Hope to see you all soon! :D

auntie g
09-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Djay, LOL - keep holding that door! It's supposed to get down into the 40's tonight, so I'll be ready for some more summer weather soon!

Arabella
09-25-2008, 05:57 AM
208.6. And woke up .2 up from last week. Still, hope springs eternal. I'll put on an extra push today, get extra water and watch the carbs and salt. :crossed:

Djay, :woohoo: Congrats! :chin: Yes, walking extra hours and not cheating for a month -- well deserved success!

Auntie g, I got a good :lol: out of "My eyes -- the goggles do nothing!" One of my son's favorite quotes. Man! Pizza on the night before WI (Hey! that gives me an idea for a poem... lesseee... 'Twas the night before weigh-in...)

Mez, a 2 pound loss is IDEAL! Congrats! Sound yoga is mostly vocal -- chanting, singing -- along with some exercises that help you ground the sound in your body. It really makes you feel good and it's great for singers. Here's some more info. (http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Paul5.html) This guy is my teacher's teacher.

Carri, nice loss! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to win the $300. Wouldn't that be nice!

There -- no decimated retinas today. It's just about light out there so I've got to gird loins and go for my run, do a little yoga. I actually missed sound yoga class on Tuesday so I just might try to get there tonight.

Let's get out there and win this one!

Satine
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Morning All ...I was right back on plan and doing well yesterday from my cheat meal on Weds night so I feel good about it ...I am still dreaming aboutt how good that Twix tasted though, ha ha

Brought a chicken salad sandwhich today on wheat and a SF pudding for lunch...getting pretty hungry already.

DJay - great job on being in Onederland...I have been there a few times but never really get comfortable until about 195 for some reason...I just LOVE seeing that 199 number, any "1" number on the scale is great, again CONGRATS!!

Arabella - Yeah I hope I do win the money at this point it looks like I will win but we still have three weigh ins to go so we will see.

Auntie G - I thought the same thing too, it would really hurt the stomach when hitting that grass...it hurt me just watching it ...

Mez - Hi!!

Hope you all have a great day, talk to you soon!!!

Carri

mezmerize
09-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Auntie g – Do you know what kind of pizza she is bring? If so check out www.calorieking.com they have a lot of food info on there so you can figure out what will work with your plan.

Djay – congrats!!

Arabella – I checked out that URL. I found it very interesting and would love to give it a try. I did try my Yoga for weight loss. I wasn’t able to a lot of the moves. I do feel relaxed.

Satine – Waving hello back!

Today I was eating my lunch. (chicken breast, kashi 7 grains, bell pepper slices and a pineapple/peach/tomato/hot peppers salsa placed on top of chicken) While I sat there eating and drinking my water I felt full. WHA?? Full could I be!!! But there is still food on my plate!! So ate another bite and though your full stop! Just because there is food on your plate doesn’t mean you have to eat it! So I did and it felt great!

auntie g
09-25-2008, 07:26 PM
:eek: My Friday night has just gotten even rougher! Today is my BIL's b-day, and normally we do the cake thing on the weekends, but my sis has just informed me that it will be tomorrow. I am a bit concerned that pizza and cake on weigh-in eve is not a good thing. I will keep it to a minimum, but it still puts me out of my comfort zone, planning wise. Ugh!

Arabella, I'm pondering your poem idea... I've always had a thing for changing song lyrics to fit particular occasions, and I think this has potential! Don't worry about that .2. It's probably already gone.

Carri, good job recovering from the cheat! Now I'm thinking about chicken salad - mmmmm...

Mez, I don't know what kind of pizza is coming. I know I won't overeat, it's just that I don't really want to have it on a Friday. I'm so very regimented, it's probably not healthy to be this way, and I should just get over myself! Big congrats on stopping when you were full! That's a tough habit to change, and you broke the cycle! :bravo:

mezmerize
09-26-2008, 06:49 AM
Auntie g - I love the positive view on not over eating. Having a plan of action works out best for me.

Satine
09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Morning Girls...a little down this morning...i was expecting to get up and see a little bit of a loss instead I see a .4 gain...so not real thrilled with that...made me want to eat what I want today but I wont...because Monday is my birthday and my dh is taking me out to dinner at my favorite place for lobster and baked potatoes and bread !!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm, and of course I will have some kind of cake or dessert...hey you only turn 35 once
right? So I am trying to stay the course until then so I can have what I want and enjoy it...

Auntie G - you do have a tough night ahead...good luck to you...just have a little of it all, get the taste and dont go over board...

Arabella - hi, have a good weekend

Mez - It is great when you finally realize when you are satisfied and can back away from the plate...I gotta think thin people learned this early on, ha ha

Everyone have a great weekend, talk to you later :hug:

Carri

Arabella
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
And TGIF, I say. I'm looking forward to the weekend. DH is away so I actually get three consecutive days with no 5 a.m. alarm. Plus I've got plans to frolic with DGS tonight, my sisters tomorrow night and my mom on Sunday night. Although a hurricane could put a crimp in that last one.

Planning to stay on plan throughout, though. Lots of points available and all I've got to do is make sure to track. Which I will. :yes:

.8 off this week. :dz: Seriously, I am working a lot harder than that but I guess a loss is a loss. Maybe next week the whoosh fairy will visit...

Carri, stay strong -- sounds like you've got a solid plan for your birthday dinner. Lobster's my favorite food. Too bad it's so pricey.

Auntie g, can you have something lower cal to take the edge off before your pizza? Some fruit, maybe? I was going to suggest a salad but then I remembered you said you weren't crazy about the veggies.

Mez, powerful moment there -- realizing you were full and then STOPPING! :faint: I don't often notice that full feeling but maybe it's because I usually ignore it? :rolleyes: Inspirational!

K, I'd best get back to work. Looking forward to the end of this one, for sure. Happy weekend, all!

auntie g
09-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Howdy all! Well, my disastrous night improved when my friend had to work late and couldn't make it with the pizza. I still had cake (and ice cream:o), but that was my dinner, so, hey, it could have been worse!

Carri, hope you made it through the day with good behavior! You know that .4 is just water, right? Good luck over the weekend, your birthday should definitely be your cheat meal day! :D

Arabella, yup, TGIF! I can't imagine a day without a 5am alarm! My doggie daughter expects me to be up whether I have to for work or not. Have fun sleeping in, and then frolicking! I could sure use a whoosh week myself. Maybe the whoosh fairy will help... http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/TheDavidsons1995/whooshfae.gif
Oh, and I do eat salads occasionally. It's piles of cooked green veggies that really don't turn me on. :p

Mez, yeah, planning is what it's all about!

OK, everyone have a great weekend!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk134/08hope08/root_vegetables.jpghttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk134/08hope08/hurray.gif

auntie g
09-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Happy Saturday!

OK, I lost 1 lb. Guess that'll have to be good enough, huh? This has really been a slow month for losing, but it's better than gaining!

Onward and DOWNward!

auntie g
09-28-2008, 04:51 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/PennB/anybody_there.gif
Well, I hope everyone's having a fun weekend! I guess I need to get out more...

Arabella
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Gah, no time! I've got a crushing workload the next two days. Train derailed on Saturday but back on track since then.

See y'all on Wednesday!

Satine
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning All ...Happy 35th Birthday to me !!!!!!!:cp::hat::cheer2::cheers::celebrate::hb::gi ft:

I actually cheated all day yesterday with a pre-birthday dinner and also will be doing so today, so that means I am going to have to work extra hard all week and also maybe even ( gasp ) exercise !!! ha ha

Dont have much to say today, kind of busy at work too...

Talk to you all later!!!

Carri

mezmerize
09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
:bday2you:Satine

mezmerize
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Busy weekend and it's going to be a busy week. I have 2 birthdays and one baby showere. Sending:dust: to all

auntie g
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Carri,
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/the__mariposa/birthday.jpg
Well, looks like it might be a rough week on this train. Good luck everyone, and hold on tight!

Satine
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning today...had a great birthday yesterday, one of my girlfriends took for mexican for lunch and then my dh took me to get lobster last night...it was so good...today is the weigh in at work and needless to say I am skipping this one this week...ate way too much the last couple of days...will have to work extra hard this week

Auntie G - I LOVE the peanuts, anything with them, so that was a great bday picture for me :o)

Mez - I do wish you will power for your upcoming events, sounds like there is going to be alot of cake around, be strong !!!!

Arabella - I know you are sooooooooooooo busy, hope it gets better...

Hope you all have a great day, it is going to feel good to be back on since I basically ate what I wanted for the last two days...sick of the nightime heartburn from it :) Talk to you all later.

Carri

leighish
09-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Hopping back on the train! Lets goooo!! I'm ready!!

auntie g
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Hello all! So far, so good this week. I'll be perfect until Friday, when I'm going out to breakfast for the first time in the 5 months I've been on the wagon. Eek! It will be my wedding anniversary, so we're off on a little (half) day trip, but hoping to do some serious walking that day, too.

Carri, glad you had a good birthday! Now it's time to get serious again! Don't let the celebration de-rail you from your work challenge! I'm afraid I'm going to have a crazy eating weekend coming up, too. Groan....

Leighish, good luck!

Satine
10-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Morning...

Auntie G - seems it did derail me because I did great all day yesterday and caved and had Pizza Hut pizza for dinner last night, about 5 pcs !!! I was disappointed in myself, but am determined to get back on today and stay on !!!!! Wish me luck !!

Hi All !!

Carri

auntie g
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/ridlendl/trn1.gif
Carri, the train's waiting... You can still recover! Climb back on board right now! (And btw, mmmmmmmmm, Pizza Hut....)

mezmerize
10-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Satine - Sending Luck

Aunti g - Love the train icon.

Well weight in day was yesterday. I stayed the same. I worked out was on plan. I was so looking forward to dropping something. Well today is another day and I must continue or I fail. So pushing forward today and always...

Arabella
10-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Isn't there some kind of a locking mechanism? Sheesh. Saturday and Monday were bad days. And it's not like I even enjoy them, other than the actual eating time (which I don't even always enjoy either). But I'm ready to take another run at the gates. I'm a pound up from last Friday's WI. Maybe I can make some progress today.

Auntie G, congrats on the release of another :dance:

Happy belated birthday, Satine!

Mez, as long as you keep on doing right it'll come off. :yes:

Leighish, yeah -- let's go!

Gotta :running: Let's make this one count!

Satine
10-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Well I was back on track yesterday so that made me feel good so now I guess I can turn things around and start chipping away at these last 18 pounds are so that are keeping me from being in Onederland...

Lets make October and great weightloss month for us all !!!!!:hug:

Carri

auntie g
10-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi all! Well, I had to break down and get out some long pants since it's gotten chilly out, and lo and behold, the ones in the drawer were too big. Yay! So I had to dig deeper into the attic storage of things I'd grown out of... I probably don't really need to go shopping for a long, long time, but whenever I finally make it to Onederland, I'm buying something!

Mez, yep, just keep pushing onward and downward!

Arabella, hope you're making progress. A locking mechanism sounds like a brilliant idea, but as long as every day's not a bad day, things will improve!

Carri, yay for a new month! September was not a good losing month for me, for sure. October's got to be a good one! Stay on that track!

mezmerize
10-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Arabella - Your right I was just having another darn it moment.

Satine - Sounds like you jumpped right on to that train. Good for you!

Auntie g - Congrats on having to find smaller clothes. It's starting to get cold here also. (Iowa) I recall trick er treating in waist deep snow and the only thing I was upset about was no one could see my cool costume since I had to have my winter coat, boots, hat, mitten and scarf on. lol

Yesterday did my 4 miles and abs workout and today is pilates and I'm not sure what I will mix it with. I'm thinking Tai Chi since I just bought the dvd and I loved it. I'm still working out a system for my workouts. I do all of them at home. I'm not ready for a gym membership.

Arabella
10-03-2008, 10:44 AM
And chugging along. I was up .6 at WW this morning. Those two bad days caught up with me. I'm proud of myself for going to WI anyway, because it's been my habit to skip when I hadn't lost. And that can get to be a slippery slope, let me tell you. I've got two WI books that show me losing and then ... nothing recorded. Sometimes for a very long time. The books go back over two years. And I think if I'd gone to my meetings, come **** or high water, I would never have let it slide like that. So I'm making a hard and fast rule that I've got to go no matter what. :yes:

Mez, I just went to my first tai chi class in a couple of years last night. Man, the number of things I thought I was doing right that weren't. Great stuff, though.

Auntie g, congrats on the "new" pants! I'm finding that everything I wore in the spring is getting big around the hips on me. The bad thing is that stuff that was flattering because it skimmed me now looks shapeless. But I don't think I'll try to fill it out again. :chin:

Carri, YEAH! We've got pretty much the whole month of October ahead of us. We can really get somewhere. :)

K, Goilies -- let's hit it! :cb: :cb:

auntie g
10-04-2008, 09:11 AM
One more pound down today. I know I should be satisfied with that, especially since I ate a terrible, but delicious breakfast yesterday. Instead of my normal bran flakes and light soy milk, I had a full fledged bacon and cheese omelet. Mmmmmm... But I am getting disgusted with how long it's taking to get to Onederland! I guess I really will have to start exercising. :yikes:

Mez, keep at those workouts! :exercise: I know for sure that's the missing ingredient for me.

Arabella, :bravo: for weighing in, even suspecting you were up. You're absolutely right, when you skip a week it makes it so easy to skip the next week, and the next...

OK, it's time to get serious! The holiday season will be here any minute now :faint: and that will only make it harder. October has GOT to be a good one!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/xoxpashyxox/Funny%20Pics/Funny%2050s/exercise.jpg

djay
10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Maybe I'm not allowed to post here anymore since I crossed over...but every time I see this thread come up...I can't resist checking in and seeing how you ladies are progressing!

And of course I have to congratulate my old friend auntieg on the smaller clothes! Feels great doesn't it! You are so close! I am sure you will cross over this week!

Carrie You have a great attitude going into October! Keep it up and you will loose big this month.

Arabella It takes someone who is determined to face reality and overcome obstacles to weigh in after a bad week. Keeping yourself that accountable will keep calories out of your mouth and get your body moving when you don't want to! Bravo!

mezmerize Your workout routine is inspiring! All I can say is WOW!

You all are doing so great! I'm sure I will see you in Onederland soon! Hopefully before the holiday temptations hit!

D

auntie g
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh, Djay! I give you permission to stop holding the door, and move along on your journey! It's taking me forever to break that barrier! I'm still hoping that it will happen this week, but oh, this is so frustrating! You're doing great, just sailing right along! You can keep posting here- I know I can use the inspiration!

Arabella
10-05-2008, 03:21 PM
We had dinner with friends, always a hazard. I seem to do fine at home. I have a couple of glasses, occasionally three but almost never more. I'd love to get that one beat. I just feel like I'm tired today and I'd love to be full of energy.

Did get in almost 13000 steps already though and at least I didn't go off-plan other than too much wine.

Auntie G! :woohoo: congrats on the fluffy release -- OMG, you're right at the border. Could be any day now! :hyper:

Djay, oh please stop in any time! You're always welcome and we can always use the encouragement of seeing your smiling face beckoning us to Onederland.

Yeah, let's make some serious progress this week!

tigerchic89
10-06-2008, 02:33 PM
197 today at the gym. finally, I am so excited!!!!!!

auntie g
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi all! Well, I didn't make it yet, but I had to buy a pair of jeans. I only had one pair that fit now, so unless I wanted to wear sweats every single day, I had to bite the bullet. Good news is they are size 16 misses. Misses! The last pair I bought in the spring were 20 women's. So, there's definitely something to be happy about! Have to go have birthday cake tonight, so that's not helpful, but it's my sister's 40th, so I gotta do what I gotta do...

Arabella, a little wine is healthy, right? All those extra steps ought to burn that right off.

Gigi, Congrats!!! Keep up the good work!

Satine
10-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Girls...sorry I have been MIA for the last few days...I was still sticking to plan just lazy on the computer I guess...I had those few bad days last week around my birthday and I think I finally have them off but it has taken me all week to get that excess 2 pounds off that I gained...I weigh in today at work and I hope I can just break even, not gain or lose, but we will see...

Sorry I have missed alot to do personal comments but did want to say a BIG CONGRATS to TigerChic for seeing 197 !!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Take care everyone, I agree that we need to make October a great one, for those of you that are within 5-10 pounds of Onederland you could get to it this month....good luck to us all !!!

Carri

auntie g
10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Glad you made it back, Carri! How'd the work weigh in go?

Satine
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning All

AuntieG - it did not go well...I weighed myself at home and I was up only 0.6 but on her scales it showed I was up 2 pounds !!! :( I still think even with that gain I am in the lead but I wont know for another couple of weeks, our last weigh in is this coming Tues so I need to be on it this week and exercise to get off those two pounds a maybe another.

I usually have my cheat meal on Tues nights after I weigh in so I had my pizza last night...and I am so bloated today...and thirsty...and I had heartburn last night during the night...I only have it when I have my cheat meal, cause its cause I eat too much, ha ha

well hope you all have a good day,

Carri

fattgirl
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
So glad to have found this thread. I so need the motivation. I'd love to be 199. Right now I'm 231. I have not idea how I let myself get here. Trying to correct my mistakes.

Satine
10-08-2008, 10:21 AM
welcome fattgirl ( p.s need a name I dont want to call you that, ha ha) ...good luck...we are all trying to get there..come join us!!!

fattgirl
10-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi all! Well, I didn't make it yet, but I had to buy a pair of jeans. I only had one pair that fit now, so unless I wanted to wear sweats every single day, I had to bite the bullet. Good news is they are size 16 misses. Misses! The last pair I bought in the spring were 20 women's. So, there's definitely something to be happy about! Have to go have birthday cake tonight, so that's not helpful, but it's my sister's 40th, so I gotta do what I gotta do...

AntieG, so proud of your accomplishment. Can't wait to get there myself.
Keep it up!

Arabella
10-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I had a completely AWFUL afternoon on Monday. Munched my way through 3 biscuits and 6 rye krisp with cheese. :p No good, even if all whole grain! All those carbs had my weight up nearly four pounds the next day. I've got all but 1 gone now but... I've got to knock off the backward steps if I want to get there. And I DO, right? :yes:

Auntie g, congrats on the size 16s! That's some fabulous progress. :D Yeah, a little wine is good for us. Now, if I could only keep it to a little.

Fatgirl, :welcome: Yeah, that's the issue, isn't it -- how did we let ourselves get to this point. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, huh.

Carri, keeping my fingers crossed for you for the prize!

tigerchic, congrats! :woohoo:

K, Lovelies, let's make this one work for us!

auntie g
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Carri, you can still win that competition! Drink LOTS of water and behave for the next week!http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/britney1254138/water.jpghttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/britney1254138/water.jpghttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/britney1254138/water.jpghttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/britney1254138/water.jpghttp://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x193/britney1254138/water.jpg

FG, welcome aboard! It is funny how that weight just creeps up without us realizing it, but now you're here, and you can get it back off! Keep on posting! And yeah, how about a different name? I'm with Carri, I don't want to call you that!

Arabella, just a little Monday derailment... It happens... Now back on board!!!

As for me, I'm behaving and sooooo hoping to have a good weigh-in on Saturday. Then I've got a big party Saturday night for my sister's b-day, where I may drink mudslides- oh my!:o I haven't had an alcoholic drink since last Christmas season, so at least it shouldn't take much...;)

Have a great Thursday everyone!

Arabella
10-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Weight this a.m. was back down, exactly, to the lowest it's been in five or six years. Now to get under! No more going backwards! :nono:

I've been right back on track. I'll keep it up, and this will happen! I've gone back to my tai chi class, which adds two evenings of exercise a week, also ensures that I'll eat a light dinner on those days and eat it EARLY -- all that twisting and stretching on a full tummy is no good! I've got a class tonight, right after sound yoga so I should be both calm and ready for tomorrow's WI. :cb: :cb:

Auntie g, Sir! Yes, Sir! :drill: I hear ya. Really, with my plan, there's very little excuse to derail because I can save points for treats or even big splurges and as long as I track it I'm good. I'm going to hocuspocusFOCUS! :wizard:

Have a good WI and enjoy those mudslides Saturday night!

Satine
10-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Morning...okay so we are all of the same mind then? Lets not look back and do some serious butt kicking in October!!! and then on the 31st we eat TONS of Halloween candy, ha ha just kidding

I am going to be really good this week ( and get in my water Auntie G ) and try to win next week...so we will see...

I think we all have a great attitude lately and we can do this !!!!!

Carri

fattgirl
10-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone.

I am determined to have a good eating day today.

I hate excercising. But I have been walking my daughter to school every day. That is a mile and a half (round trip). It has to pay off sooner or later, right?

Red Hibiscus
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Brand new to 3 Fat Chicks. This place is so huge. I was browsing and found you guys, went and registered, and I've spent the last half hour trying to find you again!

ONEDERLAND EXPRESS, perfect. I lost down to the 180s, and for dozens of all kinds of reasons (excuses) I've regained almost 30# this past year. I rededicated myself the first of September to my daily exercise and to my control issues with the food, and have managed to knock off 13 pounds this past 5 weeks. Now I just need to get some support and keep my focus on the short term achievements.

I want so much to get back into ONEDERLAND by New Years, back to my lowest weight by my birthday. I would love to do it with all of you. I hope I don't lose you guys again... :dizzy:

:goodvibes

auntie g
10-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Good evening, all! Doing fine so far today, but PMS has hit like a brick and I am wanting something bad! Luckily I don't have anything bad in the house right now, and I'm already jammied up, so I won't go out anymore today. Oh, but I wish I had some WW fudgesicles around... Ah well, I'll concentrate on wanting them tomorrow instead of something worse.

Arabella, :woohoo: for making it back to your lowest in recent years! The tai chi class sounds like a good plan! Keep on trackin'!

Carri, yeah, let's do this thing this month! And maybe not have too much Halloween candy... Hmmm, I have been thinking about that- I think I'm going to buy all icky kinds that don't tempt me, which means no chocolate, just sugary, gummy type stuff :tape:. And maybe one good piece of chocolate, just one!

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr302/mario54_2008/Halloween.gifThis guy will be watching...

FG, I hate exercising, too, but walking a mile and a half each day really does have to count! I wish I could get myself to start walking daily. I start and then as soon as something comes up to keep me from going once, I just don't go again. You have a good excuse for keeping it up, so keep it up!

Red, hi and :welcome:! This really is a big site. It took me a long time to start figuring it out, but when I found the spot to automatically subscribe to threads I posted in, that made it so much easier to re-find things! Focusing on the short term (while keeping an eye on the long term) is a great idea. One pound at a time! Hope you find your way back, and good luck!

OK, girls, it's almost Friday- have a happy!!!

mezmerize
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry I've been MIA - I can't believe how busy things are. My eating hasn't been 100 % I've eaten a handfull of non healthy items because there wasn't a better choice. I was also starving and not able to get to something healthy. Bad planning on my part. This has happen 3 times one would think after the 1st time I'd learn my lesson! I did manage to tell myself only one handfull or one item and that is all! Lucky there was always a choice of water ready.

I had to change my WI days to Tuesdays. Wed. were just to busy.

I am happy to note I'm down 2 lbs.

Weaving welcome to the new members and saying sorry to all that I don't have time to write a personal note to each.

Satine
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Morning Everyone...I get to go home today at 11:30 so I am feeling pretty good about that...my doggie got neutered last night and I have to go home and take care of him :o) ...he is like me and dh's child, ha ha

Red - Welcome and good luck

Mez - Yeah I wondered where you were...good to have you back

Auntie G - that if funny because I do the same thing, buy the candy I dont like and give away...I did buy some snack size kit kats and that didnt go down well...one night I had like 6 of them...:D

Arabella - GREAT job on getting back down there in the numbers...you are going to be in Onederland soon, I can feel it !!!!

FG - I also dont like exercising but I guess it is a necessary evil :)

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!

Carri

Red Hibiscus
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello all,
Thanks so much for the welcomes. I found my way back, figured out the "subscription" option. I need to be careful, so excited to find this forum, and have gotten a little lost in reading all the wonderful posts and examples all over the place. Today is MUCH TOO busy, but I HAD to pop in and say hello again. I managed 50 minutes on the TM, and so far have a handle on my food. This will be a challenging weekend for me, and part of my plan is to follow some good role models.... so I'll be back!

I'll keep up with you, and look forward to getting to know and support you all.

Make it a good day, and remember to Smile. :D

jn

auntie g
10-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Woo hoo! It's the weekend! I am really crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh-in. :crossed: I'm hoping that the PMS bloat doesn't set in quite yet...

Mez, congrats on the 2 lbs loss! :bravo: And at least you kept your "bad choices" to a minimum. As they say, progress, not perfection... We're in it for the long haul, and sometimes things happen. As long as we get right back on track, it's all good!

Carri, how's your doggie doing? I'm right there with ya- we have no kids, and our puppy girl (um, 12 year old puppy, that is) is our doggie daughter. My work schedule and everything else, for that matter, absolutely
revolve around her. Oh, and watch out for those Kit Kats! They are definitely one I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of, so I'm going to try not to buy them!

Red, glad you found your way back! Are you following a specific diet plan? Hope your weekend challenge isn't toooo hard!

Have a good night, all!

auntie g
10-11-2008, 08:05 AM

:carrot::cb::dance::dancer::broc::yes:

djay
10-11-2008, 08:14 AM
:carrot::carrot::hug::hug::carrot::carrot:
:bravo::woohoo::bravo:
:welcome3:

WOW! Now that's what I call making an entrance! Congratulations Auntieg!

mezmerize
10-11-2008, 08:23 AM
Satine – It pretty amazing how well dogs handle being worked on. The only thing my dog did was growl at the vet. He was all happy and jumpy when we picked him up which worried me I didn’t want him to hurt himself. I’m sure he’s going to love being pampered by all.

Red Hibiscus – Congrats on the 50 minutes.

auntie g – :carrot::cp::dance::dancer::woohoo::cheer2: That is just AWESOME!! I also have fingers crossed for your weigh in. PMS bloat can really take one by surprise I gain 4 lbs of water overnight and freaked until I went over my food log. I seen I didn’t go over in points.(One great reason to long your food) So I was find and just passed that scale by.

auntie g
10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Djay! It is so awesome to have finally gotten here!

And thanks, Mez, guess the bloat hasn't set in yet! Oh, but it's coming...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Arabella
10-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Auntie g: Fantastic! :woohoo: Oh, WTG -- and could you wedge something in that door? Coming right behind you!

The scale finally budged -- 205.8 this a.m. I'm going to get more off this week. Looking forward to Friday WI. :)

I'm putting on a big Thanksgiving dinner tonight so I'm already making my plans as to what I'm going to eat. I've got enough points saved that I could splurge but it would show on the scale tomorrow and probably take days to get off, maybe impact WI so... uh-uh. :nono:

Red Hibiscus, welcome! Glad you found your way, and your way back. It is definitely a little tricky when you're not used to it.

Mez, I think my record was six pounds. That was after flying -- don't know why but it seems to often make me retain fluid. But what a shock!

Carri, I'm lucky with the Halloween treats -- I've gotten too spoiled to like any of them now. I went a long time without sugar and then had a run in with mini chocolate bars. Thought they'd be a treat but found that they were no good at all. Now it takes expensive chocolate to satisfy. :rolleyes: But I do find that I'm satisfied with a lot less because it's so intense.

FG, yes, if you're not used to exercising, 1.5 miles a day is a good place to start and will make a difference. Congrats! You may even get to like it. ;)

Hope all have a blissful Sunday!

mezmerize
10-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Arabella – Wow 6 lbs with TOM! That would be pretty shocking. Congrats on getting that scale to budge.

My WI is tomorrow and I don’t think I’m going to weight in. I say think because I know me and I can’t seem to stay off that darn thing! I will take into mind that it is TOM and I shouldn’t go by that number. (unless it’s lower than last week. Hehe) Not that has ever happen to me in my whole TOM life. But a girl can wish. Well I’m off to start another busy day. I want to get a workout in so I best get moving.

auntie g
10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Happy Monday! And Happy Thanksgiving in Canada!

Arabella, you're getting close! I'll be holding the door for you, for sure! How did your big dinner go? I hadn't even started thinking about Thanksgiving yet, since we still have some time here, but now that it's come up, hmmmm... I think in other years that I was on the wagon, I gave myself permission to abandon the plan for the day. But too many holidays and birthdays and celebrations with abandoned planning only lead to bad things on the scale, so maybe it's a good idea to start thinking about this now.

Mez, don't skip the weigh-in! Skipping once leads to skipping twice... It is hard to see a bad number, but knowing why and that it will be soon back down makes it bearable. And you never know... sometimes it works out better than you expect. Good luck!

Satine
10-13-2008, 10:33 AM
WTG AUNTIE G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug::carrot::cheer::flow1::dance::dancer: I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you !!!!!!

My weight finally did break again I am down to 215 so I am happy about that ...

Arabella - 205 ? You are so close on Auntie G's heals...you can do those sooooooooooooo soon :)

My final weigh in for the contest here is tomorrow morning so I am trying to be super good...about to crack though, ha ha

and yes my dog Les is doing fine...he seemed to be better when we gave him the pain meds but yesterday he was pretty much back to normal...I just cant wait to get the stitches out on Saturday and have to quit worrying about him pcking at them, right now he just seems to be licking them.

Hi to everyone else, I gotta get back to work or I would say more...have a great day!!!!

Congrats again Auntie G ...that is so exciting!!! I cant wait till I am there

Carri

Arabella
10-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Maybe just a smidgen too much wine and a few too many rice crackers with dip. But I stayed away from everything I swore to (dessert, rolls, chips, stuffing) and definitely didn't overeat. Huzzah!

Of course, the rice crackers/dip have me back up to 207.2 this a.m. but it is definitely temporary and I'm planning to break 205 this week :yes: I CAN DO IT!!!

Being back to tai chi is a big help because it not only adds in 2 or 3 more workouts, and lots more walking but also ensures that I'll eat lightly and early two nights a week, one of which is the night before WI.

Auntie g, you are SO right about the need to WI -- I can't believe how many times I've gotten sidetracked by skipping a WI which turns into the slippery slope and ends up with me gaining significantly. UGH!!! My WW weight tracker tells the sordid tale. Going back over 2 years. Losing, albeit gradually over a period of time, then a big untracked time period before I start again. I could have lost all the weight I needed to YEARS ago if I'd just kept going instead of skipping friggin' WI. Still blows me away how easily I can fool myself. Done fooling!

Carri, :woohoo: You're just barrelling along -- bet it won't be long before you make it to Onederland!

Mez, did you WI?

K, all you best and brightest of wimmen! Let's make some progress today.

auntie g
10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Carri, and GOOD LUCK with your contest weigh-in! http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/scrapper55/Care-Bear-Good-luck.jpg
Glad your doggie's healing! My neighbor just had her little guy neutered a couple weeks ago, and by the next day he was totally back to normal already - chasing and wrestling with his brother. It's awesome how fast they bounce back.

Arabella, ah the cursed dip! It's so hard to stay away...:devil: But if you pulled through a holiday meal with only some dip and wine as extras, that is http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff157/Cheri19762007/Fonts/Awesome.gif
Keep on plugging away!

OK, back to my Monday chores. Everybody think healthy thoughts!

Satine
10-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi, got some bad news that the lady here at work is leaving early and isnt going to be weighing us in today so that sucks...I have gone this long...but oh well...I even wore my lightest clothes today...ha ha

mezmerize
10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Auntieg – I didn’t skip it. So true about the bad numbers I think it was my TOM took over my typing yesterday. Mood swings were having a hay day. Lets home today is better.

Satine – Congrats on 215! That darn weight can should hold on tight. Glad to hear Les is doing well.

Arabells – I’m thinking the salt content of dip/crackers may have setup up for that temp gain. Your right you can do it and be back at 205 this week!!

Well I weight in and I’m kind of happy to say I am the same. I say kind of because if I had gained I would be ok that is just TOM and the scale will move down once it’s gone. Now I’m thinking geez I bet that scale doesn’t move once TOM is gone. Can I never be happy!! In truth I did miss 2 of my workouts. I been so busy and the general bla feelings from having TOM. It’s really got my moods going this time around. Geez I can’t even hear a sad song or watch a sad movie without a total break down!! I hate when I get this way!

auntie g
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Carri, are you weighing in tomorrow? Or do you have to go another week now?

Mez, staying the same at "that time" is fine! You'll probably have a good drop next time! I'm totally with you on the mood swings. Oh man, do I get 'em... I think it's actually better when I go ahead and cry, though. It's either that or scream and yell like a maniac. It's a good thing my DH recognizes when I'm PMSing, otherwise he'd really think I was a psycho!

Satine
10-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Morning All

Auntie G - yes I weigh in today for the last time but we wont know who won until next Tuesday when she makes the announcement...I am trying not to eat until 11 when we weigh in but my stomach is growling like mad...this is going to be hard... :(

I will pop back in later and let you guys know how I did on the final one...

Mez - sorry to hear about all the TOM problems...I dont miss that every month...love my 3 month pills...

Talk to you guys later

Carri

auntie g
10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p179/skbmom/fingerscrossed.jpg

Arabella
10-16-2008, 07:34 AM
It registered that 205.8 ONE day. I've been pretty much perfect, other than those few crackers and dip on Sunday. But have I seen that number again? Nooooooooooo! :dz: Nevertheless, I still hope to see it (or better) again tomorrow, which is official WI. I'm going to be extremely scrupulous today, eat a light, early dinner and then go to sound yoga and tai chi. I'm going for a run in a few minutes, am pretty sure to get at least 14000 steps. I DESERVE a good loss tomorrow. :yes:

Auntie g, I'm so happy to see you're still coming in to hang with those of us still in Twotervillle! Bless you for not being snooty about your deluxe new neighborhood. :)

Carri, me too! :crossed:

Mez, I bet you'll get a nice loss after TOM leaves.

I'd better scoot. Let's make this a good one, Goilies.

Satine
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Morning Everyone...so my weigh in for work went well...just like my stats below I was down 24 pounds total and 10.08% ,,, so I think I have a good chance of winning but wont know until next Tuesday when she does the "awards ceremony" ...

With that said...I did celebrate with many doughnut holes and Hersheys chocolate last night AND chocolate mil...so needless to say I didnt weigh myself this morning :)

I guess I better get right back on today, which I am ...talk to you all later

Carri

auntie g
10-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Arabella, keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh-in, too! :crossed: That's the problem with weighing every day (and I do it, too)- it can fluctuate so wildly from day to day, but it's only the weekly the counts. Here's hoping for a good one tomorrow! :hat:

And I'll be staying here as long as it takes! I want to see everybody make it to Onederland! (I never heard Twoterville before, that cracked me up!) Besides, where else am I gonna go anyway, I haven't seen Onesixtydale on any map... :lol:

Carri, I hope you're over the chocolate frenzy! Believe me, I can certainly understand it, but now it's time to celebrate with new clothes instead of that deliciously evil stuff! :devil::devil::devil:

OK, have a great Friday, everyone!

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq158/msmanisexpressions/staystrong.gif

Arabella
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Big whoop, as my friend used to say. That's still .4 higher than last Sunday and I've been so close to perfect since then. It's got to come off some time. But gee whizzzzzzz! I'm a little frustrated.

Auntie g, thanks for that big stay strong sign. I'll keep that image in my head.

Let's make this a good one and let's come out of this weekend slimmer than we went into it.

Carry on!

auntie g
10-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Happy Saturday! I'm off for a day of fun with my nephew. We'll be going out to breakfast, so that will be my splurge, but hopefully we'll get in some activity that will help balance that out.

Arabella, I sure know how you feel about the weigh-in, but it's still a loss! Don't stay frustrated. Maybe next week will be a big whoosh!

Have a great weekend!

Arabella
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
You're right, Auntie g -- frustration will get me nowhere. Onward! I'm getting a nice rush of motivation looking at your ticker. :)

Satine
10-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning All ....hope you guys had a good weekend...I did not...well the weekend was good, the food and dieting was not...I pretty much ate whatever I wanted all weekend...so didnt get on the scale this morning...I guess now that the work contest is over I needed a little time to relax and eat :D

But today is a new day and I am going to be working towards that 199 goal !!!!

Carri

auntie g
10-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey now, Carri! Remember, this is not just about the contest, it's about your whole life! :drill: ;) But seriously, I applaud you for coming back in here and admitting the sins of the weekend. It's so easy to just ditch the whole effort after something like that. So, :bravo: for knowing it's a new day! I need to remember that for when I surrender to the holidays, too! Oops, did I say that? Sounds like I'm planning a failure. Well, my holiday plan will be to eat whatever I want ON Thanksgiving and ON Christmas day - NOT for the whole month! (That's what did me in the last time around :o)

Arabella, how's your motivation doing?

OK, girls, let's do this thing!!!:grouphug:

mezmerize
10-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Autie g – I really love the pictures you post to inspire us to keep going. It’

Satine – Great attitude on the new day!

Arabella – Virtually kicking your scale! I understand your frustrated and it hard to keep in mind all the tricks the body plans on us when we don’t see a loss. Even if we weren’t perfect but we know we didn’t deserve to stay the same or gain. I think it maybe the body just being adjusting hang in there!

As for me well. Not a good weekend. We had to take my DH to the ER because of bad stomach pains. We took in at 1am Sunday and when we finally got to see a doctor he was put him a moraine drip which dulled it a bit but mostly put him out. We didn’t find what was wrong after CT scans, x rays and a ultra sound that it was his gall bladder. Which I happen to say I thought it was since I had my out about this time last year. I understood his pain. He has to wait until the inflammation goes down before they will operate. He’s talking with the surgeon right now. I wasn’t able to make the docs. Appt with him. He should be home in a bit. At least I hope so. He’s here now I’ll write more later.

Satine
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Morning Everyone

Auntie G - yeah I know I need to keep in mind that this is a lifestyle change and that I will be doing this forever, I think I just sort of went crazy after being good for so long, but I was able to start back on yesterday and do well...

I am about to go in at 11 ( 15 mins ) and find out if I won the contest or not, or even placed in the top three...so I will jump back on here later and let you guys know how it went...wish me luck :)

Talk to you soon

Hi Mez!!!

Carri

Satine
10-21-2008, 11:34 AM
I won 2nd place with my 24 pound loss...but it was close between me and the first place gal...I was at a 10.08% loss and she was at 10.88%...
I ended up getting 144.00 of the pot, so I am happy with that...hey I need gas money, ha ha

talk to you all later!!!

auntie g
10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Another day closer to Friday - yippee! I'm having a rough week mentally, but I'm totally on track food-wise. I am feeling it's gonna be one of those break even kind of weeks, though, but I do believe as Mez said, it's the body adjusting. Such is life...

Mez, I hope your hubby recovers fast! Even though the hospital takes a while to figure out what's wrong, at least now you know for sure, and you can move on to the next step. The not knowing is the worst. Hang in there, and remember to take care of yourself while you're taking care of him!

Carri, glad you're back on the wagon, and congrats on taking 2nd place in the contest! http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l197/saucy-wench/emotions/hoorya.jpg
Buy yourself at least one new piece of clothing! It will help keep you inspired...

Satine
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Morning All ...I have not felt well for the last couple of days...I think it is sinus and allergy related although some of my family that I was with did have colds this last weekend...whenever they start harvesting all the crops here in Indiana in the fall my allergies start acting up...it has been so cold here the last few days...highs only in the 50's ...

Auntie G - I might buy myself a new shirt or something, I really need new jeans...sorry you are having a rough week, but at least you are staying on track food wise, so good job!!

Mez - How is your husband? Having your gallbladder removed is all too common now a days. I hear about it all of the time...I think it has to do with all of the fatty food we eat. Hope he is better.

Arabella - hello :)

Hope you all have a good day. I am having one of those hungrier than normal days so I know I am going to be fighting it all day, grrrrrrrr :(

Talk to you soon!!!

Carri

Satine
10-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Bump

Wow...where has everyone been??? :hug: Hope we are all still doing well and keeping on the straight and narrow, ha ha ... I know I have had some moments lately that werent so great ...I am up a couple of pounds but I refuse to change my ticker just going to work extra hard the next week to get off those pounds.

Today is really cold and gloomy, raining outside and about 50 degrees...wish I was home in my pjs and watching an old movie...

Hope the work day today goes really fast so I can start my weekend, we dont really have any plans but it will be nice just to sit around and do nothing.

Well I hope you all have a great weekend, and get back in here!!!! :)

Carri

auntie g
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Helloooooo...

Yes, I've been wondering what has happened here, too. I've been cranky and didn't have anything new to say, but I don't want this thread to slip away! Tomorrow is my weigh-in, so I'll be reporting in in the morning...

Carri, I hope you're back on track! It's so hard sometimes, but we have to get over the bumps in the road and hang onto that wagon for dear life! Now, we're a week from Halloween, and I haven't bought any candy yet, but I am so afraid... I don't intend to buy anything "good", but my husband certainly disagrees with that thought, so I may buckle under the pressure. :o I really don't want to screw it up now!

We're supposed to get that rain tomorrow that you have today. Home in pjs sounds like a good plan! DH is going to be out most of the day, so after my morning errands, I think I'll stay in and catch up on some TV shows that I've taped during the week. Ahhhh...

OK, well, I hope someone checks in soon. Arabella, where are you???

See ya tomorrow, if anyone's here!

auntie g
10-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Where is everybody??? Well, I lost a ½ lb this week. Yippee! Off to start my errands now...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/PennB/anybody_there.gif

Arabella
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I didn't realize it'd been so long since I was in. I post to three threads and try to juggle them but I guess I dropped the ball. :o

I've been doing pretty well. .4 off at WI on Friday. I've come to the shocking conclusion that I'm going to have to make changes if I want the weight to come off more quickly. And I do, I do! I'm thinking portion sizes could be smaller, for one thing. Exercise has been good. Diet has been mostly good, but as I say, I'm going to have to make some adjustments. Guess I can start to get my head around that one. :dz:

I ran in the woods today, went and got my hair cut and then went to tai chi. There was no leader there and everyone else was reluctant so I successfully led the group through two sets :eek: Huzzah!

Auntie g, I had a cranky thing going for a while too but feel better today. Weekends don't hurt :) Congrats on your .5 -- bet you get a good loss next week. That's my plan, too.

Carri, mmmm.... pjs, old movie and a rainy day -- that sounds great! Hope you got to do it. Congrats on your win! :bravo:

Mez, hope you and DH are both well. Thanks for kicking my scale!

K, Goilies, let's make this a good one!

auntie g
10-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Arabella, glad you found your train ticket! I was going to PM you today if you hadn't returned... You certainly must be doing something right if you are able to take over a tai chi class and RUN in the woods! Nice! I'm hoping to go walk in the woods next weekend- it's a bit of a chore from here to do it on a weekday, as I'm smack in the middle of town. I've never mastered the art of running, but maybe one day...

I had a terribly cranky, emotional week- something is definitely up with my hormones, but today I'm miraculously better. Maybe all the crying I did yesterday released the poisons? But I did also run into a ridiculous food speed bump yesterday, too. I ate an entire jar of Fudge Pecan topping, straight from the jar. Gone, gone, gone! :o I still feel a little sick from it, but I know for sure it won't happen again, and I'm thinking that I have no interest in the upcoming Halloween candy, either. So I'm gonna look at it as a positive learning experience! :cool:

Today I'm going to my niece's baby shower, where I also will not eat anything sweet. :p

Hope everyone's hanging in there- have a great day!

Arabella
10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Why must it be so sweet? I rarely do a sugar binge these days but I still remember that feeling like I just want to get the sugar out of my body.

Sure have had my times with it. I bake a carrot cake for DH's birthday every year and several years, I'd haul the leftovers out of the freezer cut myself a nice big piece and have it with ice cream. Last year I gave the leftovers to DS -- who can use the calories.

Dang hormones, too! It's always SOME darn time of the month. :p And, I've got to say, post-menopause I'm still having hormonal issues. Guess there's no escape. Hope the shower went well!

I had a really good day yesterday and today. My haircut's giving me a nice boost.

My only real complaint today is that weekend's are just too short. Ah well. I'm going to try to enjoy even working days, somehow. Although a month or so off would be :cloud9:

Satine
10-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Morning Ladies...I agree Arabella sugar is the devil ...I way over ate this weekend as has been my patern for the last two weekends, I had alot of sugar and today my stomach feels HORRIBLE ...I have no appetite...so that will teach me...I hope to stay on track for the next two weeks until Nov 6th which is my 15th wedding anniversary ( I got married when I was a baby, ha ha ).

I want to get back on track and lose these last few pounds to get me under 200!!!! ughhhhhh :hug:

WE CAN DO THIS CANT WE??? yes, we CAN !!!!:carrot:

Carri

auntie g
10-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Good morning! No sweets for me since the dreaded pecan fudge incident! I bought my Halloween candy today, and I stuck to the plan of buying yucky gummy stuff that doesn't interest me in the least - Sour Patch Kids and Skittles - NO CHOCOLATE! :carrot: :carrot: I also didn't eat anything at all at the shower, so I'm back on track. There will be some birthday cake Thursday for my nephew, but at least it's only one piece, and no leftovers in my house.

Arabella, hmmmm, a haircut... Interesting theory... I haven't had my hair cut since February- maybe it's time! I've been in sort of a quandary about that very topic- thinking maybe I'll let it grow one more time before I'm too gray to have long hair :o, but I do recall that getting perked up a bit does make one feel better about oneself. Hope you're doing well and enjoying a workday!:eek:

Carri, ah, the sugar lesson... Isn't it awful? I really felt ill for over a full day after my "incident". OK, now you know you'll probably indulge for your anniversary, so that should help you stay on track until then. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! And wow, yeah you must have gotten married when you were a baby! :joker: (I just had my 16th anniversary!)

Well, I think we need this picture again...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/kikolita/463px-rosie_the_riveter.jpg

Have a great day!

Arabella
10-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I had a really nice compliment from DH yesterday. He said: Have I mentioned how stunning you look today? I said, Is it the haircut? He said, the hair, the increasingly slim body, the face... Well. I guess I'll keep him.

Almost 19 years since we started seeing each other, 14 since we got married though.

Carri, I'm still thinking pjs and an old movie. Sounds even better today. :yawn: Or just going back to bed, maybe.

Auntie G, yes the haircut is really making me feel good. I also used a thermal peel facial yesterday and I think I look years younger between the two. Now I need a pedicure...

I found these two hairstyles online and asked for something between the two:

http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com/images/curly-medium-hair-cut-08.jpg

http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com/images/medium-style-curly-hair-13.jpg

My hairdresser really got it, I think. I guess I'll keep him, too. There are links to tons of hairstyles on that site (http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.com/), for curly or wavy hair.

Well, after that essential message... it's still Monday. I'd better get back to work.

Let's make this a good one! (Yes we can I know we can can make it...)

Satine
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Morning Girls...well another day, another slip up ( for yesterday ) , I did well all day and then I gave in for the evening, not too bad just some chocolate and maybe over did it on the garlic bread with my spaghetti ...I am really scared that I am heading in a bad direction and going to undo my weightloss...trying VERY hard to stay on plan today...please wish me luck !!!

Arabella - I LOVE both of those hairstyles!!! so I bet your hair does look great...I am glad that your husband noticed it and liked it ...most husbands dont notice things like that ...

Auntie G - I say I was a baby but I wasnt...I was actually 20 - which I guess now at 35 does seem like a little bit of a baby...but i was two years past legal, ha ha ...it has been a challenging road...still is, but I wouldnt trade it.

Have a good day all, keep me in your thoughts, keep me on the straight and narrow, ha ha

Carri

Arabella
10-28-2008, 12:17 PM
:chin: Just got to come up with a few more lyrics and I`ll have something catchy. :lol3:

That`s what it`s all about. First, get a plan. Figure out what goal is and how to achieve same. Then figure out how to get and stay OP.

I`ve got my plan, know it works. And am mostly stayin`OP. I just fine-tuned my challenges today to make them a leeetle more realistic and sticktoable.

Carri, OMG! Spaghetti with garlic bread sounds great but I`d gain five pounds overnight. :fr: Ah yeah... when I was 35 I could get away with that kind of stuff. Now reverse the numbers and... nuh-uh. Babygirl, you lose those pounds while you`re still young! :drill:

Auntie, I`m happy to see Rosie again! Yes we can I know we can can make it yes we can I know we can... And I`m singing again. :rolleyes: The cat is most unimpressed.

K, I went for a run in the woods and did a little yoga. Tonight is tai chi class. Surely to the gods I can lose some this week. :^:

Let`s make a plan and then make it happen!

auntie g
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Stayin' OP, stayin' OP - gotta love it! (Big Bee Gees fan here...) I'm doing fine this week, but the weather is hideous (it rained and SNOWED all day today), so I'm not getting out much, and feeling kind of fluffy and squishy. Does that make sense? Planning on a nice hike in the woods on Saturday if the weather shapes up.

Arabella, those hairstyles do look like they would put a spring in your step. I'm never very adventurous with my hair because I don't want to put much effort into getting ready in the morning. Whatever I can manage with a round brush and blow dryer is about it for me. And some days even that is pushing it!

Carri, oh no, not garlic bread :eek:, so delicious and so evil :devil:. I'm on a spaghetti week, myself, but strictly healthy and no extras. :( Now it seems you need to re-click, as I like to call it. I'm not sure what causes the click into diet gear, but I'm sure it's something motivational that just helps you spring into action. Remember the reasons you want to lose the weight and get your head back in it! Arabella's right- do it while you're young! (Funny how "young" changes, the older you get, but it really does get harder with each passing year.) Oh, and about getting married "young"- I was 27 (which seems young now!), and I thought then that I was old and set in my ways, making it harder to learn to live with someone else. Were you more flexible in adjusting to the new living arrangements at 20?

OK, back to the straight and narrow now...

Arabella
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Auntie g, ugh -- snow. We're having a little bout of unseasonably mild weather here, which I'm enjoying. Even while I know it can't last. Spaghetti week? :) Do tell!

I'm impressed by how precisely the hairdresser got a 'do halfway between those two. I picked them to suit my hair because it's curlier than one but not as curly as the other. Blowdrying doesn't work well for my hair, gotta air dry or it looks stupid. Ditto for brushing.

I got married at 22 but that one didn't take. Second one's had better staying power but that was when I was 39. :rolleyes:

K, everything's going well here. Cut down on portion sizes, even. :eek: Surely I can lose a pound this week... hey, that rhymes. I'll incorporate into lyrics...

Satine
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Morning Girls - I WAS able to stick to my diet yesterday and I think today will be even better ...so thanks for any well wishes

I think getting married at 20 was quite hard...dh was only 19 and we basically had to grow up together...you know they say when you get married that young you either grow up together or grow apart...I think the fact that we didnt have kids helped us stay together too...because we already had the stress of financial problems when we were young so kids might have put us over the edge. :)

Arabella - you need to put a pic up of your new hair-do ...I am always wondering what you and Auntie G look like...I have my fingers crossed that you lose a pound this week, sounds like you are right on track !!!

Auntie G - Spaghetti week? I am with Arabella, do tell what that involves...just eating spaghetti for dinner and lunches? I do hope that I have "re-clicked" back into diet mode, we have a Halloween party on Friday with our friends so that should be a toughy...

well girls have a good one, talk to you soon

Carri

auntie g
10-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Howdy, girls! All is good in spaghetti land. :lol: So, I do not really enjoy cooking, mostly because I hate the cleaning up. :tantrum: What I prefer to do is cook a vat of something on Sundays, and then freeze in individual containers to get through the week without much trouble. :yes: That's how I have spaghetti week. I make sauce in the crockpot out of just crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, onions, and sometimes shredded carrots if I have them. I measure out whole wheat pasta for the amount of servings I want to have (which is equal to the amount of freezable containers I have available!) So basically, I get a tasty, filling dinner for most of a week (usually break it up on Wednesdays with something different) and it's only 4 WW points! :dancer: I don't count the veggie ingredients, since on their own they are all 0 points, and I normally don't meet my veggie requirements every day anyway.

Arabella, yeah, the snow was a shocker. It never snows here this early in the season. But it's going back to 60º over the weekend. Just keeping us confused! What part of Canada are you in? I always think it's much colder up there!

Carri, :woohoo: I'm glad you got back on track! The Halloween party could be trouble, but if you just stick to having only one "bad" day a week, it'll still work out in the long run. That's why I weigh on Saturdays and almost always have my high cal day on the weekend, so I have all week to be good and make up for it. I think I'll be fine for Halloween, but Saturday will be my nephew's b-day party and I WILL eat cake!

Marrying young and growing up together sounds kind of romantic. :love: I really want to ask you about the no kids factor, but if you don't want to answer, then pretend I never mentioned it. I'm only curious because I do not have any kids either. My situation is not by choice, but no judgement if yours is...

As for posting pictures, I'm not sure I'll ever feel comfortable doing that in a public forum. By any chance, do you do Myspace? If you do, PM me your link or name, or whatever!

OK, it's soon time for the World Series game to go on, rooting for the Phillies here, of course... Have a great Thursday!

Arabella
10-30-2008, 07:31 AM
:) Still 5 away from the big "2" but progress and -- yes! -- a pound off this week. And I've still got today to make it even closer for tomorrow. It's a tai chi night so that means early, lightish dinner and exercise in the evening, so I'm thinking it's possible I'll squeeze off a bit more. :crossed:

Auntie g, that cooking tactic is what I do for lunch (big pots of soup) and what I often do for dinner if DH is away. But he's a little fussy about having the same thing more than once. :rolleyes: Yeah, he doesn't usually cook.

I'm in Prince Edward Island. As a rule, it's colder here than there. But we do occasionally get a little break in the fall, occasionally we get a mildish winter. Gee, that would be nice this year...

Carri, 20 does seem incredibly young to get married. My nieces and nephews that age seem like babes to me. Like Auntie g, I don't want to post pictures of myself to the forum -- 'spose I could post a back view. :lol: But if you do Facebook I can send you a link. I don't have a pic of my new 'do yet but will do...

Let's make this a good one. Forward!

Satine
10-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Morning Girls

To answer you both I have a facebook account and a myspace account...I will send you the info in a private message...and I totally understand about posting pics.

Auntie G - my dh never wanted kids and still does not...I am on the fence about it and realize that if I really wanted any I wouldnt be on the fence...I have not completely written it off and if it happened naturally I wouldnt be unhappy...but just not trying...I do like your one meal all week idea but my dh would never go for it, he gets to sick of things over and over, plus he follows more of a low carb diet so we dont normally eat the same things.

Arabella- woooo hooooooo :carrot::carrot: congrats on the loss !!!! I know, 20 does sound young to get married and when I look at our wedding pics we look about 12 ...ha ha...

well I had another day of staying on plan, so I think maybe I am back on for good now, we will see, here's hoping ...

oh Auntie G - you still keeping up on the Biggest Loser every Tuesday...because I am quite over Heba...what about you? :)

Talk to you guys later.
Carri

auntie g
10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Well, I had some birthday cake tonight, and I feel a little ill. I only had a very small piece, but I guess I just can't handle my sugar anymore! I'm not feeling a good weigh-in coming on this week, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed. :crossed: As for the eating the same most of the week deal, I guess it's the one lucky thing about DH's work schedule. He has crazy hours, different each day, but only 2 weeknights he doesn't have to go to bed at some silly early time. So mostly we are not eating together. He needs something quick and light on the early nights, so very often it's cereal or a couple veggie burgers. He can handle my repeats since it's only twice a week. I can definitely see that that wouldn't work for most people with normal schedules!

Arabella, :cheer3::cheer2: Yay for another pound gone! I had to look up a map of Canada to see where PEI is - school was a long time ago! Some day (when I win the lottery) I'm going to take one of those cruises up the coast (in addition to Alaska and the Caribbean!) No Myspace for you, huh? I have a Facebook account, too, but I was peer pressured into it (haha) by my friends' teenage daughters. I never go on there. I'll have to see if I can even remember how to get in!

Carri, I'd have to agree with your theory about kids. (The fence, and all...) And yet you're still young enough that if you change your mind, it's not too late. We always wanted them, but it just didn't happen for us, and now I've grown quite content to have my nieces and nephews as "my kids" whenever I want, and then get to send them home! :dizzy: Yeah, I'm still watching The Biggest Loser, and I sure have had enough of Heba, too! Funny, I still can't remember most of their names, except for her. :p I like the daughter in the mother-daughter combo, and I'm always rooting for the black team, for whatever reason.

OK, girls, have a great Friday!

thinkerbell
10-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie here, trying to figure out a good thread to follow as there is so much here! Glad I found 3fc because I do think the support, to give and get, is a great thing!

I laughed when I figured out what Onederland was......it is oh so true....especially on the WW or doctor's scale, when that big 200 "thingie" moves! I thought it was just me...shoulda known better! Kinda like how good it feels to cross your legs!

9.6 from Onederland!

"You're body is a onederland!".....isn't that a song?

Thinkerbell

auntie g
10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi and welcome, Thinkerbell! I'd never heard the term Onederland before I came here either. It's pretty funny now. So welcome aboard the Onederland Express... Are you doing WW?

Arabella
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
204.8 this a.m. Still 5 away from Halloween goal -- highly unlikely I'll make it by midnight :lol3: Nevertheless, I'm calling it a partial victory, because I did make progress. Now if I'd gotten serious at the start of the challenge and not had any slips along the way I probably would have made goal. But I guess I've got to sneak up on it slowly...

Thinkerbell, :welcome: No, you're not alone. I feel like the 2 looms so large it's like a part of my identity. Albeit one I'll be thrilled to change. :yes:

Auntie g, thanks for the explanation of how you get away with serving the same thing all week. :lol: I thought, "Wow, is she married to a reasonable man, or what?" Or what, I guess, like the rest of us. :dz:

Satine, thanks for sending me your FB info. Shall try to get in tomorrow and friend you up!

K, Wimmen, let's have a brilliant weekend, eh wot?

auntie g
10-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Happy Halloween! Whoopdeedoo! We had 7 trick-or-treaters here, and 4 of them were my sister's kids. Thank goodness I didn't buy chocolate! Now I can give away all the leftovers with no terrible feelings of loss...

Arabella, :bravo: Progress is progress, right? As painfully slow as it is at times, it's still good to be headed in the right direction!

I found my way into Facebook, but I just cannot make friends with it. Let me know if you ever start up a Myspace!

Oh, and as for having a "reasonable" husband, I'll go with the "or what"... Friday nights we almost always have fake chicken parmesan (using Morningstar Farms "fake" chicken), but tonight he tells me his stomach has been upset all day from eating too much healthy stuff, and he needs burgers or sausage to heal him. Ah, men...

OK, everyone have a fantastic weekend!

budgirl
10-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi
I would like to jon..I have 35 pounds to loose for february as i'm going on vacation in the south..So it's bikini time :(. I started turbo jam and heard lots of good results. But it's the food i hate eating..I hate cook veggies and chicken .I ate so much of it ..It makes me sick just thinking about eating it again and again. I've struggle all my life. And i have very low selfinsteem. I stay in house and don;t go anywhere because of my weight :(.. I need alot of motivation..Please help..
thanks

auntie g
11-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Happy November!!! I'm down another 1½ lbs today and I am shocked! I totally wasn't feeling it this week, but I'll take it anyway! Getting ready to go hiking this morning...

Have a great day, all!

Arabella
11-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I had a minor skirmish with "guiltless gourmet" chips yesterday. Huh - 'tweren't neither! But not so bad anda on we go. :) I'm feeling -- gosh, dare I say it -- energetic and optimistic today. Maybe a result of getting two good nights' sleep in a row.

budgal, :welcome: Hope you blossom here!

Auntie g, oh, kudos to you on that 1.5 off! You're doing fabulously. I guess I've been plateauing for the most part -- maybe it'll actually take off at some point. Smaller portions, eating slower...

We had nine trick-or-treaters last night. I did get the mini chocolate bars but will give leftovers to DS.

Reasonable husbands? :lol3:

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

mezmerize
11-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone! I'm back with good and bad news. Well my DH had his operation and it turned out great. He's still not at work until the doctor gives his ok.
I don't like to air my dirty laundry so will keep this short. I'm having a very hard time I overheard my DH and a co worker talking. He didn't think I could hear and well the basic is he's been lying to me about a female. I thought we had started a new. Now I'm lost on what to do. He wants another chance. I can't do this... I've tried to keep my weight in control and not let it tail spin. I've gain 1lbs. But I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I can't really write anymore.

auntie g
11-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Hi girls! I had a wonderful hike yesterday. The weather was perfect, we didn't run across any bears, and we didn't get shot by any hunters, so it was delightful! Ah, but later when I went to my nephew's birthday party, I had that feeling of "I can have a little more since I worked off extra calories this morning"... So, naturally, I overdid it on junky stuff that I wouldn't normally have. Sigh... Oh well, what's done is done, and it's a new day! Today I'm making chicken soup in the crockpot, and I will behave!

Budgirl, welcome and good luck!

Arabella, Guiltless Gourmet - ha! What an evil trick those manufacturers like to play on us! But alas, you're right, it could be worse. And energy and optimism will definitely take you places, so go get 'em!

Mez, glad the operation was a success, and as for the other problem, take some time to think it all through so you can do what's best for you. And hard as it is, don't let this mess you up weight-wise. No matter how it ends up, you've got to take care of yourself! Good luck!

Have a good one!

Arabella
11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
205.4. So, no bump-up to speak of after my 204.8 low. Onward and downward!

DH and I went for a long walk today. It was snowy and windy, then sunny, then snowing, etc. Cold enough that it's nice to be back home and cozy again. And got most of my steps in already :smug:

Mez :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on. But Auntie g is RIGHT!!! In this situation you need all the power you can summon and letting this knock you off-plan is giving up your power. You need to stay strong and deal with this in a way that will work in your favor.

Auntie g, your hike sounds lovely. Was it in the woods? I'm guessing because of the bear comment. We have no bears here (nothing bigger than a coyote, in fact) but when we were in Newfoundland we'd see signs of them in the parks. One time DS and I were hiking and suddenly smelled a bear -- interesting how immediately identifiable it was. We started making a lot of noise as we walked, thinking that it would at least know we were there and probably try to avoid us. Anyway, we did not get et by a bear that day. :)

K, Folkettes, let's take this day that we've been given and make the most of it.

auntie g
11-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Arabella, you've got snow now! Now that's more what I think your weather is supposed to be. And it is great to walk in it and then get back home and warm up. Ahhhh...

Yes, I hiked in the woods. It was at a lovely state park that's closer by than I realized. I was afraid it would be paved paths, which are fine normally, but I wanted to go rustic. Well, it sure was rustic! We couldn't even identify the supposed path, so we followed the creek, just so we could find our way back. And I've never smelled a bear, btw, but the signs did say to make noise and look big, if you encounter one. Eek!

Have a great Monday, all!

mezmerize
11-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Hello to all new this thread.

auntie g and Arabella - Thanks :)

Sounds like a wonderful walk. I use to love to take hikes by myself in the wood. Of course it was in Boy Scout camp ground. Lots of it was left untouched.

Today I did my 4 miles fast walk and my abs dvd. I don't know what I weight I forgot to weight myself today. TOM is starting to show. I did weight myself last week and I was at 204. I'm finding it hard to eat. I am pushing myself. I don't want to ruin all my hard work and I'm sticking with this site this time no going away and feeling sorry. You guys help me stay strong! My sister and I are going for a girls night out tomorrow. It will be nice to get away.

Arabella
11-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Well, I guess it's morning. Pitch black out there. I woke up at 4:15, I guess because of the time change. I did well over the weekend, just not totally focused and I think I could have cut back a bit more than I did. Time to hit the Focus Button for this week because it takes a full-out effort to get anything off.

I like having this time early in the morning while DH sleeps. Still an hour before time to head out to the gym and the mad dash of the day begins. We've got choir practice tonight, which means a late (for us) night. It doesn't finish until 9. And then it's hard to get right to sleep when we get home. Oh dear, do I really find choir practice overstimulating? That's just pathetic :p

Auntie, the snow didn't stick. With any luck we won't have any that lasts until a couple of weeks before Christmas, just so we can get in the spirit. It's supposed to be up to 12 again (54F) by Wednesday, which gladdens my heart.

I was glad to hear that we did the right thing when we smelled a bear. It was very interesting to smell that smell and feel like we could identify it without a doubt. Yup, it's quite the smell.

Mez, sounds like you're doing what you need to do. Take care of yourself, whatever's happening, and you'll be able to deal with things. Stay strong! :strong: You've got the power! (Cue music...)

K, Lovelies, let's take this day and make it work for us.

Satine
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Morning, sorry I have been MIA so I am trying to catch up with all of your posts,,, Carri had a bad weekend with the Halloween candy and parties, ha ha...trying to start anew today and for the month of November !!!!

Mez - that is a hard situation you are in...it all comes down to trust for me and I have to feel I have it 100% ...but you have to do what is best for you...good luck and great for staying on plan during this stressful time :hug:

Auntie G - great job on the loss !!!!!!

Arabella - choir practice? for church or just in general? I would love to find an adult choir around here, I miss it from high school :)

Well lets all have a great day ...

Carri

auntie g
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi all! It's been a busy day, and that's always better for me food-wise. When I don't have time to sit around and think about what might taste good, it's just easier. I am highly annoyed, though, at the new fact that DH's pickup needs $700 worth of work done. :mad: So either there goes Christmas, or maybe I just won't be able to buy food! ;) It's always something...

Mez, good for you, getting in your exercise! Whatever you do, don't give up the ship! You're so close to Onederland, and when you hit it, it will inspire you further... Have fun with your sister, and take advantage of having a break from normal life. It'll all work out the way it's meant to, but just keep taking care of yourself! :hug:

Arabella, ah yes, the time change... It's freaking me out in the evening, being dark so early. I hate driving in the dark - uh oh, am I THAT old already? I guess so, because I couldn't imagine being out (even to choir practice) til 9pm on a work night! :faint: I'm definitely with you on the snow timing. I always hope for a white Christmas, but we rarely get one. Any serious snow usually holds out until January. OK, now I tried to find a picture of a "focus button" and this is all I came up with, but I kinda like it!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/WYHLgirl7002/Its%20Happy%20Bunny/ihb_button_lets_focus_on_me.jpg

Carri, oh, that evil Halloween candy! And rude people having parties all to sabotage you! :lol: It's all over now, though, right? A new day, a new month... We can be good until Thanksgiving! :crossed: :drool:

OK, girls, have a good one!

Arabella
11-04-2008, 07:41 AM
WHY, when I got through Halloween without any issues, did I succumb yesterday? I knew, in the morning, that the day just had that kind of a feel... I felt driven to eat. My intention was to make sure I had something yummy (and OP) for lunch. But... I waited too long and ended up eating a bunch of mini chocolate bars and some other stuff. :dz: Nope, not pretty.

I'm not staying down, though. Onward! I'll go for my run soon. Tonight's tai chi. I'll stay OP. Yes I will! :yes:

Auntie g, busy and out of the house would be good for me. This working from home is perilous.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds 9 p.m. late. :yawn: Makes me feel pathetic, I must say. On the other hand, let's see how some of those night owls fare if I make them get up at 5 a.m. :devil:

Carri, DH and I sing in our local community choir. We've got a concert November 11 and then in about three weeks we do The Messiah. I love the music!

Okey-doke. I'm tired today. Might actually try to grab a nap sometime through the day. Not that I can generally sleep in the day time but I CAN lie down with a novel. :s:

Let's take this day and make the most of it!

auntie g
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Arabella, arrrrgh! Sometimes that chocolate just grabs you and won't let go until it's had its way with you! Run, run far! :) And don't feel pathetic about the 9pm thing. I also get up at 5am, and I think that's a fine excuse for not being out late! My boss rolls into work usually between 11:30 and noon, but wonders why I don't go out at night. Well, hmmm... Seems like simple math to me!

So, I am having an extremely PMS-y day today. Cranky as can be. I haven't eaten anything bad, but I sure have thought about it. I'm mad about the car repair money, and that I go without any luxuries all the time so that I can pay the bills, and now I feel like I want something for myself, dagnabbit! So what do I think of? Something bad to eat, naturally! Luckily, as I was plotting my plan, the phone rang and distracted me. I just heated up my lovely healthy spaghetti, and now I'm safe for one more day...

mezmerize
11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Hello everyone. It's 5 pm and I haven't eaten. I did the same thing tuesday. I forced myself to eat and I then got sick. Do you guy know how long it takes before the body slows down? I don't want it to slow down. I didn't workout because of this. I did the other day and am thinking that I'm going to make matters worse with me losing weight. I'm a slow loser because I staved to lose weight after having my 1st child and gaining 80lbs. Due to having to stay in bed and I guess I thought that gave me an excuse to eat! UGH!!!
I'm going to try and get some soup down. I'll make it a cream style just for the cals. (never thought I'd say that)

auntie g
11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh, Mez! You've got to take care of yourself! Not eating is not going to help anything. If eating a meal would make you feel sick, can you try just eating small amounts throughout the day? Do you have someone close that you can talk to about what's going on? You know, really get your feelings out... The situation will work out one way or another, so don't neglect your body in the meantime. Hoping for the best for you...

Arabella
11-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Monday and Tuesday afternoons I totally blew it. Binge city. And, of course by yesterday morning my weight was up 4-5 pounds. Two down again this a.m. But ... GEEEEEEEZ!!!! Yesterday I gave the rest of the Halloween candy to DS and managed to stay OP all day. I've got some kind of a bug and have job stress going on, which probably contributed to my downfall. Weakened condition and all, plus stupid addictive behavior. :mad:

Probably the worst thing was not just taking some extra time to pamper myself because I was tired and under the weather. I said on Tuesday that I'd be in and out of the office through the day because I wasn't well. But then spent the whole day working anyway. Yesterday my manager asked how I was feeling, I said crappy, she said, well take most of the day off. And then proceeded to keep me busy and frantic for the best part of the day. Leaving me just about enough time to get through the rest of what I had to do and only stop working a half-hour or so late. :dz:

WI is on Friday and I fear that I'm going to have to face the music. But I've sworn to go to WI no matter what, because if I keep going I'll continue to lose over the long term and if I don't I probably won't. Not going to fool myself again!

Mez, Honey, you have got to look after yourself and stay strong! Do whatever it takes. Maybe smoothies, cereal, easy stuff? In extreme times like that, I've always found being busy helped enormously. My house usually got clean and I felt more powerful and in balance as I did it. But you need to eat to have the energy. You'll just get sick otherwise. Don't be a victim!

Auntie g, sorry you're feeling PMS-y. Can you take some extra time for yourself, do something fun or relaxing? That's my panacea idea for today. I intend to send a note that I really AM going to be in and out of the office through the day today and then actually do it. Because apparently just saying I'm going to do it isn't helping.

Thinking I might do a little housework, give myself a pedicure, lounge a bit...

That's our theme today, Wimmen -- let's look after ourselves!

auntie g
11-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Arabella, you are exactly right about taking time to do something fun or relaxing. I had this conversation with a neighbor last week about how we just work so hard to get by, and take care of everyone else, but we never get the good stuff ourselves. That's what prompted us to go on our hike last weekend, and we did have fun. Unfortunately, a one shot deal is not the cure! We've got to all do good things for ourselves routinely! That said, I don't have a good plan for this week, and I have to work on Saturday, which only happens once or twice a year, so UGH! That's what I know.

I also know that you MUST go for your WI! You said it yourself, but I'll second it. If you skip a week, it just leads to more skipped weeks, and no good can come from that. Who knows, maybe you'll be back to where you were, since it's likely just water weight right now anyway.

OK, let's make ourselves #1 today! Have a good one!

mezmerize
11-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Auntie g – Kudos on sticking your plan. PMS is at my door to. I think it is making matters worse as far as my mood and handling this. Thanks for the advice I will try my best.

Arabella – Kudos to you for giving your DS the candy. It best to get rid of it on days it is way to much to pass by. I hope your feeling better today and your job is going smoothly. Do take time to pamper yourself you deserve it! I agree it’s best to nip it in the bud when it comes to those gains. I’m very proud of you! I love todays theme! My plan is to workout. (a light one) then clean up the living room. Paint my nails put on some music and relax.

I feel so much better after reading your post today! Thanks so very much! I feel positive and powerful! I will do this and I can do this!!! HUGS TO YOU ALL!!

Satine
11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning All ...I am still struggling quite a bit...this week is my TOM and last night we went out for dinner for our 15th wedding anniversary....so I ate alot there too...hoping to get back on track Monday...I want to do it today but I will never make it through the weekend, they are hard for me anyhow...

I really want to be under 200 when I go for my yearly diabetes check up in January, but at this rate that is not going to happen. :(

Hope you all have a good day

Carri

Arabella
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Because I'm not skipping any more. That kind of thing is what got me where I am -- not facing stupid reality, telling myself I'd go next week, still not facing up... and waking up some months down the road with a bunch more weight to lose. :nono:

So, I was two pounds up today. Next week I'll be more than that down. :yes:

Auntie g, I feel like I managed that work/life balance thing better today. Told myself I was going to deflect negative energy all day and I've been calm and happy -- despite being up 2 pounds, despite having my manager send me an assignment at 4 that she wanted done at 5, despite the fact that I have other things that must be done before I leave the office today. :)

It's magic! :wizard: Must remember to set myself up like this every day.

Mez, remember to keep your spirits up there -- You've got the power! (Cue music...)

Carri, you've just been taking a little pause after losing a nice chunk of weight. If you can't start on the weekend, get your plan of attack ready for Monday and get your head around the idea of doing it. (You've got the power!)

K, Wimmen, have a wonderful Friday night!

auntie g
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Yay! It's the weekend! Sort of, since I have to work tomorrow, but I'll get over it. This week has been so weird, mood and food-wise, I'm ready for a new beginning! My dear co-worker friend, who has been laid off since the beginning of summer was in to work today to help get ready for our big open house hoo ha tomorrow. Well, what does she do, but brings me an entire bag of Dove chocolate! Then she proceeds to try to get me to order out for lunch. I told her I've lost 50 lbs since she's been outta there, and I am not getting bamboozled into gaining it back now! :p She means well, but is such a food pusher. She just laughed at me (not in an evil way, just in a "can't teach an old dog (her) new tricks" kind of way.) :dizzy:

Mez, I hope you're hanging in there! And don't let PMS get you, either. It is evil, I tell you! We must be strong!!!

Carri, I can definitely dig the weekend problem, so if you need to wait until Monday, then just do it that way. You can still make it to Onederland by your doctor visit! You've got 2 months, and it is definitely possible! Even with a little weekend badness... Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Arabella, congrats on not blowing off your weigh-in! :carrot: :carrot: You're right, next week you will be down by more than you were up today. I'm going to try the "deflect negative energy" spell tomorrow, as it will be a crazy day at work, and I am still PMS-y. I'll need all the help I can get! I nearly blew my stack a few times today, and it just doesn't feel good to feel that way. Let the magic begin... :wizard:

Tomorrow's my weigh-in, so I'll be back in the morning. Have a good night!