Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #1  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Just signed up for The Daily Plate - a little nervous.

Hey all. I just signed up to The Daily Plate. It seems easy enough to use to count calories and doesn't require much effort to enter everything in. Does anyone else use this website? If so, what do you think of it and is there any tips/tricks you found to make keeping track of calories easier?

I also like the fact that on the website it subtracts from your total cal intake per day if you exercise.

Thanks!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'vee looked at TDP - but since I've been using Fitday so long it's kinda easier just to stay there.

But tons of people here really like TDP.

I would ignore the part where it tells you to eat more if you exercise - IMHO it's bull unless you are training for Ironman or something. For weight loss, it's counter productive to eat back the calories you burn.

I think logging what you eat is one of the big keys to success in weight loss. it helps with planning and you can look back when you aren't losing so much and see patterns why it might be happening.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #3  

I love The Daily Plate. It doesn't tell you to eat those exercise calories, it just shows you the effect as Net calories. I don't eat mine because it is counter productive. I'm exercising to help with weight loss.

Use the Create Meal feature to save the repetitive meals you eat. It also creates a list of your food for the last 7 days that can make it easy to enter those things you eat often.

It has a much better database than FitDay. And I love the graphs and pie charts - easy to see my progress at a glance.

Good luck!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I use the daily plate. If you look at the bottom of the chart where it lists everything you ate that day, it shows the percentage of each thing. Calories are listed. If you eat more calories after you exercise, it says you've gone over your % of calories for the day.

So even though it says at the top that you can eat more calories, don't listen to it. (Unless you're just trying to maintain your current weight).

I really like the daily plate though. I also use the weight graph to see how my weight changes.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #5  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I also really like the Daily Plate. You do have to be careful with the exercise thing - it totally overestimates the number of calories burned. But it's great for tracking food - has a HUGE database of foods, including many restaurant meals.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #6  

I've googled calories in different foods and gotten tons of results from Daily Plate. It's a great resource!
cdiem4994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I also love The Daily Plate. It's really easy to use and all the visual charts are a huge help. The one negative thing is that many of the foods have the wrong number of calories so I always google the average amount of calories for the food I eat first and then choose the one that is the closest on The Daily Plate.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I really like TDP as well. I always check the labels of what I'm eating to make sure I'm selecting the food with the correct numbers. It's also really easy to add an item if you don't find what you're looking for.

The graphs are also really helpful when it comes to monitoring ratios between carbs/fats/proteins.
Shawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/305/199

Height: 5'5

I love TDP the nutritionist I saw told me about it, it has a huge data base and I love that since I have an eclectic taste I usually can find everything there and if not, I just add it.
UH60Wife is offline   Reply With Quote