Weight Loss Support - Snackage!
08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Ooooh! a thread just for snacks! :carrot:
I usually need a snack around 10am & 3pm to keep myself from getting so hungry that I over-eat at lunch or dinner. I enjoy a couple teaspoons of Skippy Natural Peanut Butter & some baby carrots, or an apple, or a handful of raw almonds when I'm jones'n for a snack!
I always prefer something quick & natural- as opposed to anything from the vending machine, or anything "processed."
So how about some more ideas for snackage! ~
What do you mostly reach for when it's snack time?
08-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Almond milk smoothie (Unsweetened Almond milk, ice, 1/2 banana, splenda)
Vending machines are EVIL.
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I prefer a small meal. For example, a slice of dark rye bread (I think 90 calories) with bit of butter (it says that 2 tsp are 70 calories, so let's say 35 calories) and slice of light swiss cheese (60 calories). And some veggies - tomato or cucumber, whatever I have.
08-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Luna Bar/Fiber one Bar
Dried fruit (my fav. is a mix with cranberries, cherries, apples and apricots)
celery w/laughing cow cheese
carrots w/ hummus
08-14-2008, 01:40 PM
air popped popcorn
garlic dill pickles
radishes and celery
And if you have the time take carrots and slice into slim strips (like fries) put on parchment paper spray with pam and bake for about 45 min the best french fry subsitute I have tried
08-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Lately my favorite snack has been 1/4 cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt. I sweetened with a little Splenda and stir in some cinnamon. Sometimes I top it with an ounce of berries.
Other favorite snacks include:
- oatmeal, oat bran, or any other hot cereal. I like it with 1 tbsp nonfat cream cheese stirred into it.
- La Tortilla low carb wrap (small wrap or 1/2 large wrap) with various fillings (spicy ranchero egg white salad from Trader Joe's, 1/2 can Bumble Tuna Sensations, sardines, smoked trout, one wedge laughing cow cheese and lean deli meat, or 1/4 cup egg beaters fried and refried beans)
- Yogurt Vegetable Salad (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2257224&postcount=27)
- hard-boiled egg
- mini omelet with 1/4 cup egg beaters, laughing cow cheese wedge, and veggies
- protein pancakes (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1657204&postcount=1)
- fruit (whatever is in season)
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
-baby carrots, grape tomatoes, raw string beans, sliced cucumbers - dipped in salsa
-homemade cucumber salad
-homeade red cabbage slaw
-salad with a 3 oz can of tuna in water
-Danon Light and Fit yogurt with 1/4 cup Fiber One cereal
-grapefruit - this is new for me, just started eating them. I only like the pink ones though
-sliced apple, sprinkled with cinnamon
If I'm home:
- an egg white omlette with veggies, maybe a broiled tomato
-a cup of soup, usually butternut squash