Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Default In need of support!

Hi everyone,
I have been slack on 3FC lately, extremely busy with work and summer and everything going on. So my main priority is to get under 200...and last Friday I weighed in at 203.8 ...wooooh! Yet Friday-Monday all I did was eat, like always snacking, went over my points and then Tuesday I went back on track perfectly and at nite ended up eating greasy appz with my friends at a local pub, according to the scales in my house I gained like 4 pounds...holy ****...why would I do this to myself? I mean yes sometimes we all need a little break, but the consiquences always suck...ughk I'm frustrated - but with myself, because it is completely my fault! Weigh in this week is gonna suck, does anyone else seem to do this once in a while?

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

First of all, congrats on all you've accomplished! You've come so far already!

That 4 lbs you gained isn't going to be 4 pounds of fat, and won't take you as long to drop as 4 lbs of fat would. So that's good news

I know I have times like you are experiencing, and I'm sure others do too. It's kind of a popular response to stress and change. I actually did the same thing right before hitting onederland, I was sitting at 202 and took a week off and just ate everything in sight. I gained 2 lbs at my weigh-in that week, put my nose back to the grindstone the next week and lost 3. Frankly, I think part of me was resisting entering the 190's. I don't know if you have any latent fear of change/getting smaller but maybe that's a factor - self-sabotage is a sneaky thing.

You know you can pick yourself up and dust yourself off! These things happen, and what's important is that you keep moving forward. Don't let a gain get in your way, it'll be off in no time.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Frequently enough, yes, I do.

I'm up 5.8 that I'm working on kicking off as I restart this week.

You aren't alone. Go in, face the music, and move onward.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks girls! And suitejudy, you might be right, even though all I want is to get under 200...yet it seems that when I get so close I back off, but I know once I get there I'll be fine and able to get going! Thanks again, I feel better already!

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote