Alternachicks - Alternachicks Samhain Challenge!

View Full Version : Alternachicks Samhain Challenge!

ghost
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Samhain, or Halloween, whatever you call it is about 11 weeks away. I wanted to start a challenge to not only challenge myself but others to set a goal for October 31st. It doesn't matter what the goal is, but 11 weeks is a good amount of time to try and acheive it in. Do you wanna wear a sexy vixen costume to that party on Halloween instead of dressing up as the pregnant nun (which I have done) to hide. Well, heres your chance to set that goal and have some people to encourage you on the way.

ghost
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
My personal goal for the Samhain Challenge is to drop 16# by October 31st. Thats 1.46 lbs a week which I feel should be totally attainable. My "plan of attack" is to eat between 1100 and 1200 calories a day (I'm super short, anything more and I don't lose), cardio 4 times a week for 60 minutes and I need to employ the use of my very expensive (*snark*, I got it for free as a door prize) excercise ball and resistence band set. Oh, and I also plan to start doing 100 crunches through the day and 100 wall or desk push ups throughout the day. So, 174 lbs...HERE I COME!

ollie27
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
i'm down for celebrating samhain by completing this challenge! this is my first "challenge" i suppose i need a new ticker?

october is beer drinking month though so i need some support :o

i'm not too good at determining how much weight to lose in any given time, so if i see the 130s by samhain i'll be thinking that i am a pretty rad alternachick.

ghost
08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Sweet! Its my first official challenge too! Now as far as beer goes, word on the 20-something street is guiness is good for you. I count calories so in my "diet" beer it totally permissable, you just have to make room for it in your daily calorie range. Of course, my best bet is to avoid alcohol in all forms because I lose my ability to turn down food when I drink *eek*!

x meowkat x
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey, great idea for a challenge! I have a Christmas (or Yule ;)) goal in my ticker already, but here's my goal for Halloween:

I want to be in ONEderland!!! I'd actually planned to have this goal done by my birthday which is in early November, so moving it up to Oct. 31 should still be do-able :D

Good luck to everyone!

ghost
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the challenge Meowkat! Making it to one-derland was the best thing I ever did for myself, I still remember the day I got on the scale pre-set for 201 lbs and tick tick ticked it down to 198...I was jumping and screaming and all my co-workers were jumping and screaming along with me (I work in a clinic, our scale is in the main hallway...lol). And you can so totally do it, that is a very attainable goal.

Skullarix
08-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Alright I'm in! I'll join you in your quest to drop 16lbs by Samhain... What an awesome way to ring in the New Year!!! That'll put me at 173 lbs

Robot
08-14-2008, 04:58 AM
I'm definitely in.

I'd love to be 15-20 pounds lighter by then.

ollie27
08-14-2008, 08:41 AM
well, seeing how there is only 16 pounds left on this ticker i already have i'm it would be silly not to be down with the 16 challenge with ghost and skullarix. i'm in like flint and i'll change me ticker thing-a-ma-bob.

guynna
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I think I'd like to do an "inches" goal rather than pounds -- I've really gotta work on my waist and belly -- but I'm not sure how much would be reasonable. I've lost 6 1/2 inches overall since (I think) end of June. Maybe another 6 inches? What do you guys think? (It occurs to me _all the time_ that there's so much I don't know about how losing weight works!!)
anita

ghost
08-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Alright I'm in! I'll join you in your quest to drop 16lbs by Samhain... What an awesome way to ring in the New Year!!! That'll put me at 173 lbs

We have almost the same goal!

I'm definitely in.

I'd love to be 15-20 pounds lighter by then.

When I think about things in the more long term aspect they seem so much more doable.

well, seeing how there is only 16 pounds left on this ticker i already have i'm it would be silly not to be down with the 16 challenge with ghost and skullarix. i'm in like flint and i'll change me ticker thing-a-ma-bob.

Ya, it would be silly! why go it alone when you can have us as your cheerleaders...and your bootcamp drill sergents.

I think I'd like to do an "inches" goal rather than pounds -- I've really gotta work on my waist and belly -- but I'm not sure how much would be reasonable. I've lost 6 1/2 inches overall since (I think) end of June. Maybe another 6 inches? What do you guys think? (It occurs to me _all the time_ that there's so much I don't know about how losing weight works!!)
anita

When it comes to inches I'm always leary with the measuring tape. I lost 40 lbs and only lost one inch on my chest (damn huge boobies). But if your doing some serious toning up I bet you can do 6 or better allover in 11 weeks.
Wooohooo! I'm totally doing a happy dance! Six, six people, muahahahaha! I feel like the count on sesame street, lmao!

Well, I started the day out really really fabulously. I was UP six lbs from last friday...can you say freaking out? Cause thats what I was doing. But, today I am back at my coveted 188.5 lbs. Oh it feels so good! So, considering that loss I'll make my 16# goal 172.5 instead. That would be my lowest weight in 7 years. OMG, if I make it I'll cry for joy!

guynna
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
You can do it ghost!

Okay, I"m in for 6 inches. I am doing a lot of weights & toning along with eating right, so I think that's do-able.

Muahahahaha -- man, that's fun to say AND to type! : )
anita

ghost
08-14-2008, 05:33 PM
muahahahahahaaa, yup, just as fun to type as to say!

I am starving! I had a big salad for lunch and was planning to have a piece of pita with it...it was moldy. Ew. So I only had salad and I"m at work. There is fudge on someones desk but I am NOT even going to walk in that office. I can do it, I can perservere and go home and eat something good there. Afterall, I'm doing so well. Who else can say they gained and lost 6 lbs this week besides me...ouch, thats like a 12 lbs yoyo!

guynna
08-14-2008, 07:13 PM
That's big yoyo! Quick, drink some water!!

ghost
08-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Should we have a set goal assessment day every week? You know, so we can determine whether we are making headway or slipping? And if we do, what day should it be on Monday or Friday?

ollie27
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
well, i for one think it would be pretty evil to have our weigh in day to be the day after the weekend so howsabout fridays?

i weighed in at 149.9 again this morning and so i think i am going to go ahead and move mine down a pound. i weigh everyday, but i usually don't change my ticker til i see the same number a few days in a row.

i can already tell this is going to help. i think it's the whole "challenge" aspect. like someone is saying nananabooboo betcha can't do this and i'm like - yo, just watch me. muahahahaha (yeah. that's fun).

x meowkat x
08-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh man....I've had a terrible couple of weeks. Long story short, I've been going off-plan more than I should >_< And now it's my TOM, so while I haven't gained this week, I haven't lost either...and it's WAY TOO HOT! here in Washington right now, so I've been drinking light beer instead of water to cool off......I'm getting really discouraged with myself! I don't understand why I can't control myself the way I usually can :( I know I won't keep up these bad habits forever, but I'm worried that I won't even come close to my goal for this challenge. I wanted to lose 8 lbs this month........so much for that. *sad*

Skullarix
08-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Meowkat, don't worry, I think it has something to do with TOM... because I have had the worst cravings this TOM. I even broke down and had cookies yesterday because I couldn't take it any longer! Then the chocolate truffles in the fridge were calling to me all night... even when I was on the tread mill...

Just think it could be worse, you could live in Arizona, it was 107 (F) yesterday! I find I don't want to drink beer when it's hot... maybe because I like the dark beers like Guinness and Optimator, and it's more like eating than drinking

guynna
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
my normal weigh day is Saturday morining, but since I'm doing inches I will have to have the person at Curves do it, I think, for consistency.

I've been OP today too; I think it's grief that summer is over and school is starting! ; )
anita

missygith
08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes! Will this work for a Halloween goal? I want to be Snow White. (Ok, honestly, Im having a hard time remembering how to spell Samhain) I guess, if I'd have to say... 22 pounds? (2 lbs a week) AND sewing up the costume.
I was seriously laughing my ash off when I read the Count reference, having little ones at home and occasionaly getting to hear the number of the day still. :lol3:
Im with ya Meowcat, up here it was 87 for the second day in a row, just not used to hot around here.

jandaman
08-17-2008, 07:26 AM
heya chicas!

awesome idea....8,5 kilos by halloween. need to buy scale, tho.

guynna- hear you on the back to school blues. ugh.
skullarix-where are you from in az? i'm a former tucsonian and actually miss the heat . sun is fickle in middle-europe. bleargh
meowkat-also find myself deviating, just quit the pill and i honestly (not just lame excuse) think it's hormonal. maybe lunar cycle????don't give urself too much of a hard time

hiya ollie, ghost and missyg!!!!

nakedmango
08-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm in! I'm also in the Featherweights 2-lb challenges, but that is more short term. I do want something to shoot for that's long-term, and since I'm going on vacation in October I think it's important to have a goal--so that I remember that I want to maintain or even lose while I'm vacationing.

Goal: 120 lbs by Samhain.

This may be a little lofty, especially considering I would have to continue to lose 1.2 pounds or so a week, and considering that the closer you are to goal the harder it often becomes to lose.

The 120 goal is based on body fat percentages, and what my mom--who has a very similar body frame and the same height--said was her best "low" weight, so I think it's right. However, if I get to 125 pounds and realize that losing 5 more would make me a stick insect, I will modify my goal. I reserve the right to do so. :carrot:

ollie27
08-17-2008, 12:36 PM
i miss the heat as well, but if i was back in the deep south, i'd be complaining about it. grass is always greener...

yeah, school starts back next week and my brain has completely turned to mush this summer. what am i studying again? ugh.

meowkat - don't be so hard on yourself. everyone has bad weeks, but it's totally doable to do this thang. bad week, schmad week. don't let a few days bust ya in the chops like that chica. i feel ya on the beer thang. just drink both, not beer instead of water.

jandaman - hey, dude! quit the pill last summer and have felt so much better because. body has to readjust, but it'll thank ya in the end. that's a beautiful view in your avatar btw.

so did we decide on a weigh in day? friday? saturday?

jandaman
08-17-2008, 02:16 PM
postscriptum re: beer beer...meowkat, donno if this is helpful, but over here the most popular drink in beer-gardens is "radler" which is basically equal parts beer and 7up. sounds weird but utterly refreshing and you could use the sugar-free variety. plus germans drink beer as an isotonic drink instead of gatorade. so it must be healthy enough, right?? :)

ollie-yeah, feel like i'm on 24/7 pms....bizarre-o. bf is taking it in stride so far...already feel more ALIVE. view is from mt.conero in italy, eet ees gorgeous there! re: weigh-in- do we really gotta (whine whine) no, seriously. saturday would be best for me but waddevah majority decides

Skullarix
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
jandaman... I am indeed from Arizona, Phoenix, not Tucson though. I'm told Tucson is cooler than Phx!

x meowkat x
08-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Heya folks. Thanks for all the reassurance...this is why I love this place :) I guess it was frustrating me mostly because I've never really had to deal with much change in appetite/mood/physical comfort etc. during TOM before, I think my body is re-adjusting itself (they say that happens every so many years...damn). I've finally started getting all the good stuff that comes with being a woman, lol. I think it's that combined with the heat that was getting me down mostly...I just have to keep reminding myself how nice it will be to get under 200! It's been 5 years since I was in Onederland :(

As for a weigh-in day, mine is usually Thursday so Fri. or Sat. is no biggie for me :D

missygith: I'm near Tacoma...we're almost neighbors :p It finally cooled off to the 80's today, but Friday and Saturday it was close to 95!!! Ahhhhhh!

jandaman
08-18-2008, 04:20 AM
hey skullarix.....yeah we used to think tucson was way cooler, too *evilgrin* but seriously, i loved tucson because it seemed to be a freak magnet, and everyone is soooo laid-back and relaxed. it has a very spiritual/punkrock feel to it. are you a native phoenician?

guynna
08-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Cool in the spiritual but not thermal sense, right? When I went to conferences in Tucson a bunch of us would get up and walk at 5 -- which is totally not like me! -- b/c it was too hot later. Many many cool folk there though.

Classes start Wednesday, grumble grumble. But they won't keep paying me unless I keep teaching, so....

Had a fab whitewater rafting outing yesterday at the Nat'l Whitewater Training Center; at one point or another everyone in our party went flying out of the boat. I banged up one knee while whirling downstream, so I'm icing it as I type. The kinda good thing is, what really irritated me about it was thinking "this will throw off my workout schedule"!
anita

ollie27
08-18-2008, 08:49 AM
weigh in day - saturday 'tis

meowkat - midol works wonders;)

jandaman - i think goin off the pill helped me lose a couple pounds as well. not to mention that taking horse hormones to trick your body into thinking it's preg's gotta do some kinda damage, so recovery is yeah...bizarre to say the least. ride it out dude. ride it on out. gotta admit i am a tad envious of your expat status. totally want to blow this joint.

guynna - whitewater rafting. friggin awesome. bummer about your knee but some wounds are worth it, eh? i'm sort of an adrenaline junkie and love **** like that.

nakedmango - welcome chica! and yes, reserve any right to do whatever you feel.

ghost
08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Good monday morning all!
first, I think Saturday is a good day to weigh in too, gives us forgiveness for whatever might transpire on saturday night...or sunday morning for that matter. I was OP all weekend, so proud of myself, I even did cardio sat & sun, to make five days in a row. Today is so totally my rest day. But the best news was getting on the scale and seeing the number 185! Three lbs since last week! now, I KNOW its a big loss but its leading up to my TOM so if I manage to maintain next week I'll still be happy. But WOOOHOOO! thats four lbs towards my Samhain Challenge goal!
I was mostly surprised by the number on the scale because on saturday night I went out with my girlfriends and we had a few drinks then on sunday morning I had Pho which has a **it ton of sodium. I thought for sure I'd gain water weight at least. And I indulged in two different desserts this weekend, a salmonberry upside down cupcake thing and a piece of vietnamese cake. And still a loss, I'm proud. Sombody is going to have to knock me off my pedistal today or I might get too big a head.

You all in the warmer regions should suck it up while you can. I don't think it broke over 45 here all weekend. I had to turn my heat on in my house on saturday. Its been a cold drab summer here in Alaska and I am not looking forward to winter.

jandaman
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
CONGRATS!!!! ghost and......oooooooooo!*excited squeal* alaska.....

anywho: way to go anita! white water rafting.awesome. sorry bout the knee but-actually getting annoyed cuz banged up knee is disrupting ur workout schedule !!?? double awesome. and yeah, summers and lotsa other "seasons" hot hot in da desert :)

howdy ollie, come on over! soooo, where are you now? you bein' displaced an' all.

ollie27
08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
i live in the boston area. when i said i want to blow this joint i meant the US not so much boston. i had these grand plans to go to scotland, until i researched what it would take to get the animals over there. decided to move to boston instead even tho i'd love to pack a knapsack and hop around the world. it ain't over yet tho. and i shan't be here long. already planning the next move....bum bum bum bum should i stay or should i go.

ghost - kick arse on the on point weekend! i had a friend come in from NY which usually means throwing caution to the wind, but i did swell with only a few guinness and a mildly caloric thai dish but tons of walking evened it out. also, i saw in another post you wrote that you were very moon-oriented. me too! the moon was beautiful and full saturday night and looked gorgeous from these neck of the woods. bummer we couldn't see the partial eclipse though. i think you had to be like in india or something. but yeah, the moon....she kicks :cool:

scale is being good to me lately, too, but i recently went from vegetarian to vegan and i think this is why. another couple of days of this 149 business and i shall move me ticker:)

off to do a workout video...later dudes.

ghost
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Oooh, Scotland would be wonderful. Actually, Unalaska/Dutch Harbor looks a lot like scotland only we don't have trees.
I sat for a time under the full moon on Saturday, but I had some wine before and it started to go to my head and I'm still missing my man hardcore so I got all weepy...decided it was time to call it a night and go to sleep. I always have mad weird dreams when the moon is full. I remember my dream on saturday night/sunday morning was intense and made me feel like I didn't get a blink of sleep.

ollie27
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
ghost - i have mad weird dreams every night regardless of the moon. jung would have a field day.

so where's your dude if ya don't mind me askin'?

ghost
08-18-2008, 07:27 PM
He's stationed in San Francisco right now, just moved down in the beginning of july. I miss him so much. I will join him eventually but I've got a good job up here, just bought a house not to long ago. We will struggle through the LD thang till I can't stand it anymore (which is probably going to be soon). I'll be visiting him for Samhain and our anniversary (hence the challenge).

jandaman
08-19-2008, 05:00 AM
sorry to be butting in uninvited , but i got excited and hadda concur with y'all on moon-madness.*wolflikehowl*
i am also very much in tune w/lunar cycles and share the propensity for bizarre vivid dreams with you guyses.also get caught up in a manic-like frenzy 3 days before the moon is full.

ghost- am sorry ur man is so far away. LD sucks, but you already know that :)
ollie- scotland rocks! cold as all ?&%$ tho.how many furbabies you got? you probably mentioned it somewhere..i should catch up and read past posts. sigh. so little time. ah..and the partial eclipse was awesome )for lack of a better term).

ollie27
08-19-2008, 09:44 AM
top o the mornin to ya.

jan - dude, you're invited. hope it doesn't seem like i have a monopoly on this thread cuz i post so much, but when i get my mind set on something i tend to be a tad bit obsessive hence lots a posts. you da man.

i have three cats, also an obsession.

ghost - And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation ~Khalil Gibran

moon - *howlsback* yep. i don't admit this to a ton of folks, but apparently i am about to. i even talk to the moon. out loud. it's the closest thing i have ever done to what religious folk call "praying". call her diana. see her face and everything. also i can tell when my period is coming (sorry but i refuse to call my cycle a dorky dude's name) when the new moon is approaching. moon freak i am. mmmm yes.

dreams - vivid is a great word to describe 'em. i recently got a post card from a friend with a crazy edvard munch looking drawing on it and all she wrote was "this picture reminds me of the vivid dreams you had every night you slept over when we were wee lads" it's like another dimension. i used to write em down. i should start again.

jandaman
08-19-2008, 10:46 AM
i call 'er "luna". and i -no scoffing puh-leeze- dance for her/with her? golly gee gosh all mighty sure does look kooky all written down.....

ghost
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
ahhh, don't think your that kooky, I like to skinny dip under her fullness, although this summer was waaaaay too cold for that! Dance, talk, sing, yoddel, cry...I do it all under the moon. Well, considering she's always there...we all do.
So yesterday sucked. It was my rest day. I really really really WANTED to go and work out but didn't to let my body rest. Thats the first time, probably in my entire adult life that I would have rather worked out then sit on the couch and watch tv...lmao! But, I made up for it this morning because as soon as I got to work we had an unresponsive patient who was very large and we had to tranfer him from the ambulance to the ER and then to radiology and then back to the ER, which was so much work that I actually broke a sweat and at one point was out of breath.

ollie27
08-19-2008, 05:16 PM
jan - luna. nice. cool that you got to glimpse the eclipse. having just moved to the city, i miss the clear night sky. this was the first year in a long time i missed the persied meteor shower that happened last week.

ghost - how could a rest day suck, chica? especially for someone that works in er?

the fit's about to hit the shan around these parts. i'm actually trying to soak up a little rest before classes start back.

ghost
08-19-2008, 07:31 PM
This afternoon I noticed that I have a neck again. I haven't seen my neck since last October. Wow...I am happy! Lol!

Skullarix
08-19-2008, 08:14 PM
jandaman- Absolutely, I am a Zonie I was born in down town Phoenix, though I have spent most of my life in the north country, Payson and Flagstaff

mauvaisroux
08-20-2008, 08:01 PM
:badbat:I'm in for 10lbs for the Samhain challenge!

jandaman
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
hey ghost! hurrah on rediscovering the neck part of you :) can't wait to find my ribs....

hi skullarix-heard they had lawns up north..is is true?? *grin* great to meet a genuine zonie

ghost
08-21-2008, 01:05 PM
what is this word "lawn" that you speak of? Lol! everybody here just has yard tundra or gravel. I have a field of buttercups and a fire pit.

So, I don't know whats going on with my weight. I started a new anti depressant this week. I started on monday 185, a high 185 and today I'm down to 182.5. I'm not complaining, but I thought the anti depressant was going to make the weight loss a little bit harder, not easier. In fact, I havn't been hungry at all. Last night I had to force myself to eat dinner at 9pm because up to that point I'd only had just shy of 500 calories. I wasn't even hungry and I was scrounging for food to make it to 1200.

Right now I'm reading a super hilarious book, Are you There Vodka, its Me Chelsea, by Chelsea Handler. Freakin hilarious! If you need to read something that will make you laugh from your belly, I recommend it.

Skullarix
08-21-2008, 08:28 PM
I think some people might have "lawns" up in the north... not so much down here!

ollie27
08-21-2008, 08:55 PM
nobody has lawns up here just cause there isn't any space left for a lawn. people people everywhere and not a yard to mow.

ghost, i picked up that book at the store recently and almost bought it. caught my eye cause i love are you there god it's me margaret so much by judy blume. with school starting next week it's time to say goodbye to reading for pleasure:(

i count calories as well, there are a lot of days i struggle to get to 1200. i'm usually full around 900 depending on what i am eating. i've never crammed at night tho, i just let it ride and eat when i am hungry and stop when i am full. if i get to it i get to it.

i'm steadily looming b/w 148 and 149. i'm exercising tho and next week i'll be hard pressed to do so. perhaps alternachicks needs an exercise thread? i think we tried before and it kind of bombed, but i need some kind of discipline when things start to get carazy.

in other news i made stuffed bell peppers tonight and they kicked all kinds of arse.

ghost
08-22-2008, 12:42 PM
What did you stuff them with Ollie? I love anything stuffed, maters, shrooms, me on thanksgiving...

Today is a good day. wait...what day did we decide to weigh in on? cause I want to weigh in today, lol! I woke up to 181 lbs! WOOT! I went through my entire medical chart at work that goes back to when I was 16 years old and getting birth control for the first time. Back then I weighed 162 lbs. I want to be that size again!

ollie27
08-22-2008, 04:04 PM
i made a mixture of onions, garlic, tomatoes, brown basmati rice, and seasoned it with vegetarian worcestershire sauce, a little veggie broth, agave nectar and s and p. i'm in to stuffed things too:) i stuffed some shrooms as i side dish.

i don't even remember when i weighted less than 140. i actually weighed more in middle school. i was at about 160 in the 8th grade. always been chunky. that's why i really don't have a goal. i keep checkin my BMI to see when i will be in the "healthy" range.

supercalifragalisticexpealladocious that things are goin so swell for ya ghost...

ghost
08-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I've always been chunky too, probably the reason why I've suffered with self esteem issues and depression all my life. That and I have a sister who can eat like a sumo wrestler and never go over 120 lbs.

I had no idea they had veggie worschestershire sauce...is it HFCS free also?

ollie27
08-22-2008, 04:36 PM
yipper skipper. it has sugar in it, but no HFCS. and it is so yum! it's made by Gefen and usually in the asian cooking aisle. and it's kosher!

is that you in yer avatar? cute! i've been thinking bout puttin up a pic of me in the photo thread cause it's kickin to know what almost all of you chicas look like.

ghost
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
yup, thats me last summer, I was down to 176 then. Can't wait to reach that again, it seems to be right around the time my double chin disappears. Now my hair is longer, more layered and dyed black. I'm going goth for the winter...

Skullarix
08-23-2008, 11:41 AM
I dunno if we are supose to post our weigh in results here... so possibly for my own edification... I was 185.5 this morning 12.5lbs to go :carrot:

I even did the little carrot dance...

ollie27
08-23-2008, 01:22 PM
nice skullarix

well.....seeing as how i ate at a mexican restaurant last night (damn you chips and salsa! damn yoooouuuu!) and had about 40 oz. of dos equis i'll take my 149.3 and be happy with it.

i started this whole weight loss thing at around 169 and that's 20 lbs. so far :) i am noticing that it's gettin harder and harder for the lbs. to come off. maybe i should start doing measurements? wish i woulda taken em to begin with.....

later, dudes.

jandaman
08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
suffering from summer-flu..(insert expletive of ur choice)ing german summer!!! and i haven't bought a scale yet. so there. am feeling very sorry for myself..am horrible sick person..more not whiney actual communication later...

ollie27
08-24-2008, 09:36 AM
suffering from summer-flu..(insert expletive of ur choice)ing german summer!!! and i haven't bought a scale yet. so there. am feeling very sorry for myself..am horrible sick person..more not whiney actual communication later...

that bites!

:getwell:

witchyonadiet
08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm in on this challenge. I've been stuck at my current weight for sooo long. I know its psychological - almost below 200 and although I thought I would be excited its scary as ****. I am proud that I have maintained though - through the ups and downs of my bipolar and such.

So my goal is 20# by Samhain - make me get my a## in gear !!!!

ollie27
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM
welcome witchy:)

both of our arses need to get in gear! i've been maintaining for awhile meself and haven't had a significant loss since last fall. so....this fall it is.

ghost
08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
My saturday weigh in was 180, but, then...a long night and a bottle of absolute vanilla and some pizza and today I'm back up to 181. I started in July at 195 so I'm almost 15 lbs down. Just 7 more lbs to go to reach my Samhain challenge goal!

nakedmango
08-26-2008, 09:23 PM
So I weighed in this morning at 133. Woot! It is definitely time for dancing produce:
:carrot::broc::carrot:

I thought I was plateauing--weight loss seemed slow to me. So I entered my weight in Fitday and looked at my recent weights. I've lost 2.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which is exactly on track with my Samhain challenge goal (which requires a 1.25-pound loss per week).

I think I'm using to the scale going up a couple pounds--water retention, TOM, etc.-- and then when it goes down it usually drops a pound or so below my recent low. So I think the slow and steady half-pound loss isn't at dramatic, but it's the same result in the end. :D

neesk
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'd like to join in the Samhain challenge too; hopefully it'll give me some incentive to get past my current plateau.

Samhain is almost 9 weeks away so hopefully I can lose 11 lbs and get down to 190.

Need to get exercising more!

Harvest Tide is only 3, and a bit, weeks away, so I'll have to be careful not to eat too much then (or just be sensible and eat the corn without oil!).

-neesk :D

Robot
08-30-2008, 05:34 AM
I feel like a slacker. I haven't lost a pound, because I haven't been working out or paying attention to my diet.

Skullarix
08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I feel like I'm not going to make it, but I' ahead of scheduel so far... Anyone know what they are going to be for Halloween yet? I have no idea.

ollie27
09-02-2008, 09:10 AM
so I just got back from outta town and I'm on the up. not too bad. 149.7, but I changed my goal to something a tad bit more reasonable? maybe? i suppose.

hi neesk:wave:

robot - don't feel bad. we're in the same boat and I feel pretty good about it. i think slackin every now and then is good for the soul.

skullarix - i have no idea what i am going to be. probably something literary like usual; i was jack kerouac last year.

Dark Angel Jade
09-02-2008, 03:42 PM
ooooo rock on to this one!
Ok i pledge to have lost 14-15lbs by then.
Now ive said it i have to do it!
My mission is Sexy cat woman outfit-the non chafing kind.lol
Good luck ladies
xxx

jandaman
09-03-2008, 06:18 AM
howdy guapas...just got back from my vacay in berlin...and because i still do not own a scale stopped by my pharmacy and i weighed in at 80 kilos--176 lbs. *sigh* it's not like i couldn't tell-frequenting the fat fat pants and all.
well! onwards and upwards and beyondwards!!!!...starting....tomorrow??

ghost
09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm in my fat fat pants too, but thats due to incision area pain and super serious bloat. Can't wait till recovery is over.

I had a dream the other night, probably vicodan induced, but I dreamed that it was halloween and I was wearing knee high platform skull boots which has never happened on my fat calves, stripped black and white tights and some kind of hot pink, red and black fairy from **** costume complete with a hot pink wig that was huge. Oh, and my boots had rollers on them like heelys and I was wizzing about at a bar in my dream. It was a cool dream. I wish I had boots like that for real. And big hot pink hair would rock too.

So, I bought goal pants. They are billabong size 11. Right now, when I'm not bloated and cut to peices, I'm in a getting loose 14. I can practically taste the victory even though I can't even get those goal pants over my huge *** let alone up by fat legs (unless I only have one leg in them...).

x meowkat x
09-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Robot-- I'm so in the same position. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've gained 3 lbs. back. Camping and weddings galore this past month, and me with no self-control lately....bad, bad times.

As for what to be for Halloween...I think I'm going to bust my "Homeless Zombie" costume back out this year. I got that brilliant idea a couple years ago, but for some reason never got any pictures, and never really went anywhere to show it off. Only thing is, I've since thrown out the jeans I used 'cause they had too many holes in them, so we'll have to replace those somehow. The best part is the sign anyway: a piece of cardboard with "will work for ('food' is crossed out) BRAINS" written on it :dracula:

Skullarix
09-04-2008, 01:40 AM
"wearing knee high platform skull boots" I want some of those too!

Robot
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Robot-- I'm so in the same position. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've gained 3 lbs. back. Camping and weddings galore this past month, and me with no self-control lately....bad, bad times.

I weighed myself and gained 3 pounds. I need to get motivated.

My friends are trying to plan a goth themed Halloween party. None of my awesome clothes fit. I'm tempted to just buy new clothes, but I don't feel like spending my paycheck that barely pays the bills. Also, I don't want to buy any more "fat" clothes when I'm trying to lose weight.

ghost
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Since our official weight in day is tomorrow, I'm going to post today that I'm 179lbs and hope its still the same story tomorrow. And, I've done it three days in a row so I guess I get to change that ticker! Freaking awesome!

Skullarix
09-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Well... I'm the same, but it's been a rough week for me, I've had some off Plan eating etc... However I have to report a NSV, Some pretty platform heels I have, that have a strap that wraps around then ankle... Last time I tried to wear them I couldn't even get the straps around my ankle... I COULD TODAY!!! So I wore them to work for "Funky Footwear Friday".

I know I'm lame, but it makes me happy...

Robot
09-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Well... I'm the same, but it's been a rough week for me, I've had some off Plan eating etc... However I have to report a NSV, Some pretty platform heels I have, that have a strap that wraps around then ankle... Last time I tried to wear them I couldn't even get the straps around my ankle... I COULD TODAY!!! So I wore them to work for "Funky Footwear Friday".

I know I'm lame, but it makes me happy...

You're not lame, you're awesome. Congrats on your NSV!

ghost
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
um, stoopid question here. what does NSV mean?

I managed to maintain my 179 over the weekend and that was having consumed an entire bottle of pinot noir to myself on friday night and nearly all of a bottle of pinot griggio on sunday afternoon. It just felt like a drinking kind of weekend and I hate doing the dishes without a nice cold glass of pinot gris...had to settle for pinot griggio though cause they were out of my label at the likkah stow. oh, and I made spaghetti on saturday night with whole wheat pasta and it was brilliant.

Robot
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
NSV = Non-Scale Victory

NuevaVida
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
We are at 7 weeks from Samhain. Woke up this morning feeling sad about it. This guy who was my best friend for 8 years throws a Samhain party at his house every year - costumes, altar to the dead, ritual, fun. I used to dress up every year in my favorite corset (which no longer fits me right as I've put on so much weight in the past year and a half!!!), Victorian skirt and hat. He and I had a falling out last Summer and I still miss him. Samhain won't be the same without him. I hate endings! Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?

And for me, this Sept is all about new beginnings. This is why I joined this community. My challenge is to do 700 minutes of exercise by October 31st. That's about 20 minutes per day, 5 days a week, for 7 weeks.

Who knows, the corset may not fit me right by Oct 31st, but I'll be well on my way by then. :-)

ghost
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
what size corsette do you need? I have one from a few halloweens ago that is too big for me now. I'd be willing to give it a new home. Its black, laces up the back, wire ribbed, and I believe it is a product of Fredriks of Hollywood. PM me if you want it!

NuevaVida
09-10-2008, 01:27 AM
what size corsette do you need? I have one from a few halloweens ago that is too big for me now. I'd be willing to give it a new home. Its black, laces up the back, wire ribbed, and I believe it is a product of Fredriks of Hollywood. PM me if you want it!

Thank you Ghost for the offer. I doubt your corset will fit me though...the ones I have are 45" waist and are too small cuz of my weight gain. I sure appreciate the offer. ;-)

jandaman
09-10-2008, 05:36 AM
reading all y'alls fab-o dress-up ideas really brings me down. all hallow's eve is my fave holiday and not really a big thing in my part of europe...i tend to got fully costumed to teach etc. but get no love for it. *wah!*..wishing i could celebrate it properly over in the northern hemisphere........

ghost
09-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh Janda...that would kill me. Samhain is our favoritest holiday ever at our house. My son has his birthday close to the end of October so we always have a huge Halloween costume party. I've been perusing costume sites...its like my crack...lol! And I've got like 35 costumes I want to be bookmarked and have been emailing pics of them to my honey for "approval" lmao. He only likes the ones with sexy skimpy stuff, but I don't see it as a reason to dress like a sl*t. And, I have to have a costume that is NOT flamable...cause we'll have a samhain ritual and it will involve lots of candles and three years ago I have some gauzzy shift on that caught fire...not good.

ghost
09-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Um, girls...

I'm one lbs off my samhain challenge goal today.
How it happened? I don't know. I had a pizza binge last night. Got on the scale this am. 175 lbs. I'm in shock. I got off the scale. I got back on. 175 lbs.

ollie27
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
well, i haven't had much time to post. or for anything that matter, like um exercise! still slowy slooooowly losing weight, but it's from cutting out dairy and walking all over my hilly campus daily. wow, just think if i were actually still doing exercise video tapes. note to self: work on time management.

so my first semester of grad school started and all i do is read. read read read read. i've been really into asking what's the point lately. so gang, umm. what's the point?

ghost - holy schnickees that's crazy you're almost at samhain goal. AND with all the wine and pizza. rock on! how's your recovery goin?

jan - bummer bout the lack of enthusiasm for the end of october. so were you in germany for walpurgis night? how was that? i've always wondered if it's similar ot crazy or what.

nueva - i sympathize. i had a falling out with my best friend. we eventually reunited, but it was never the same. the dynamics had changed between us. but you are oh so correct when you say "Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?"

hope everyone is kickin like chicken. back to reading.....

later!

ghost
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
well, i haven't had much time to post. or for anything that matter, like um exercise! still slowy slooooowly losing weight, but it's from cutting out dairy and walking all over my hilly campus daily. wow, just think if i were actually still doing exercise video tapes. note to self: work on time management.

so my first semester of grad school started and all i do is read. read read read read. i've been really into asking what's the point lately. so gang, umm. what's the point?

ghost - holy schnickees that's crazy you're almost at samhain goal. AND with all the wine and pizza. rock on! how's your recovery goin?

jan - bummer bout the lack of enthusiasm for the end of october. so were you in germany for walpurgis night? how was that? i've always wondered if it's similar ot crazy or what.

nueva - i sympathize. i had a falling out with my best friend. we eventually reunited, but it was never the same. the dynamics had changed between us. but you are oh so correct when you say "Then again, there are no beginnings if there are no endings, right?"

hope everyone is kickin like chicken. back to reading.....

later!

The point is...there is no point. Apparently we need a masters to realize this. Lmao! I'll get on that college thing right after I'm done raising my kid (which should qualify me for a masters and the nobel peace prize).

My recovery is going okay. I've been having problems with doing my crunches, which my doc said was fine to do, but when I get done I have a bloated crampy feeling. And for some reason I have been having huge cravings for strange foods. Could be hormonal...could just be the restriction of dieting. But, all in all, I'm so glad I got the TL done, I love not being on BCP's. I think thats why the weight has been melting off, I stopped taking the pills in the end of July.

x meowkat x
09-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, after going way off plan and sulking about it and yo-yo-ing between 206 and 209 for about a month and a half, and seriously starting to doubt whether I'd make it to goal for this challenge....I stepped on the scale this morning and was amazed to see that I finally lost that one pound I needed to really get excited--205, yay!

This brings me to a GRAND total of exactly 20 lbs. lost. In 3 1/2 months that's not so bad, right? I'm so excited to have reached this milestone...now I just have to lose those extra 5 lbs before Halloween :p

ghost-congrats on the loss! and I'm glad you're starting to feel better :getwell:

mauvaisroux
09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Congratulations to everyone who has lost this past week! :cp:

Robot
09-11-2008, 10:56 PM
So, I lost the 3 pounds I gained. Breaking even isn't so bad, but I really need to get my butt in gear and actually exercise. I was actually surprised with the weight loss, because the other day, I ate 6 donuts. Yeah, I wish I were kidding with that one. They weren't even good, but my body was craving something insanely sweet.

Skullarix
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
:bravo: Ghost! I'm not so lucky I've go seven more to go!

ghost
09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
You know, looking back at my food diary I think I see the pattern that helped me lose so fast. I was drinking at least 2.5 liters of water a day and cycling between 1200 and 1400 calories a day with once a week going as high as 1600 calories, but only on days that I was super lazy believe it or not. Like the other day when I had my pizza binge and then lost two lbs, that was a 1600 calorie right after two consecutive 1200 calorie days. I guess calorie cycling does work.

ollie27
09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
so i'm in at 145.2, but i'll keep it around 146 till i can get rid of it. this is about how much i weighed give or take a couple pounds before i quit smoking 2 years ago. point is i'm almost entering unchartered territory! i'm super close to being 'normal' and not 'overweight' according to BMI calculator. yay!

meowcat - i've lost a little over 20 pounds and it has taken me a year! so 3 and a half months is nothing. to each her own pace and whatever works!

robot - been meaning to tell ya i dig the vonnegut quote. and if ya need some donuts, eat some donuts.

ghost - there are lots of days i want to quit all this school sense and start a family. the grass is always greener......

and i'm down with mauvaisroux in giving everyone a kudos for doing so well!:cheers:

later!

ghost
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
so i'm in at 145.2, but i'll keep it around 146 till i can get rid of it. this is about how much i weighed give or take a couple pounds before i quit smoking 2 years ago. point is i'm almost entering unchartered territory! i'm super close to being 'normal' and not 'overweight' according to BMI calculator. yay!

meowcat - i've lost a little over 20 pounds and it has taken me a year! so 3 and a half months is nothing. to each her own pace and whatever works!

robot - been meaning to tell ya i dig the vonnegut quote. and if ya need some donuts, eat some donuts.

ghost - there are lots of days i want to quit all this school sense and start a family. the grass is always greener......

and i'm down with mauvaisroux in giving everyone a kudos for doing so well!:cheers:

later!

I'll be entering uncharted territory as soon as I break out of the 170's...or, at least uncharted since I was like 17, but who can remember that high school era anyways?

The grass is always greener, I love my kid but somedays I feel like he's growing up too slow and holding me back and other days I wish he's slow down so I can enjoy him being a child. And my SO's kids seem so big and grown up and they are 10 and 9, while mine is 6. Some days I want them all to grow up and some days I want them all to be babies again. And some days my SO begs me to have another one...we won't talk about that though...I got the tubal, those days are over...now we can wait for grand baby girls!

Rhosynn
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Merry Meet, all!

I'd like to join the challenge, I think there is enough time to really give myself a good kick.

I'd like to lose 7 pounds by Samhain.

mauvaisroux
09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Welcome Rhosynn!

I am down 3lbs so far! :)

GreenFox
09-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Hello everybody. I'm in! 8 lbs by Samhain!

ghost
09-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the challenge Rhosynn and GreenFox and great job on the loss Mavaisroux! Anybody else got any updates? Anybody stagnating. I think the rest of this week is going to be me=stagnating since I am about to have my TOM. I'm super cranky this AM and I had really bad nightmares all night. TOM sucks. And even after 75 minutes of cardio last night and staying on plan with calories I had a 1.5 lbs GAIN this morning, I hate water weight. I can also feel my TOM headache seeping in around edges of my head. All signs point to this being a bad one.

jandaman
09-19-2008, 04:17 AM
hey ghost..just noticed never responded to ur question re:walpurgis nacht aka hexennacht. in order to celebrate it off da hook so to speak *snigger* (sorry i amuse myself to no end) you need to travel crosscountry to "the brocken" a big slab of rock in the east. very powerful vibes and witches from all over..sadly turning into a tourist attraction. ugh!

ain't got nuthin on good ole halloween, tho!

ollie27
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
thanks, jan. actually it was my question...recently read Faust and thought i might get some inside scoop on the real deal. all the good local secrets always turn into tourist attractions! grrr. next thing you know they'll be selling souvenirs like witch's brooms or something.

i'm still hanging around the 144/145 mark, but i am so not complaining. with school being busy as all get out there's been lots of peanut butter jelly sandwiches and eatin on the go. i miss cooking!

ghost, hope it's not as bad as all the signs pointed to...fo' drizzle.

:welcome2: Rhosynn

:bravo: mauvaisroux

it's so getting time for chili and soup, which are two of my favorite things to eat and cook. i'm thinking maybe a Fall recipe thread?

needlestuck
09-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm in--10 pounds gone by Samhain!

TheTinGirl
09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Here goes...One month, my goal is going to be ten pounds and to do my freaking workout! No matter what three times a week. :dizzy:

ghost
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Welcome Needlestuck and Thetingirl!

Ollie, I love Faust! Now I want to re-read it. Last night I got into some serious HP Lovecraft, couldn't fall asleep till 3am, but it was worth it!

I MISS MY HONEY! its driving me crazy. I will be on a plane all night Halloween night and will be in his arms on the first. Its over a month away and I'm dying wishing time would go by faster.

jandaman
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
ooooo ollie, sorry bout the mispost. grrrrrr. i am so bad at actually reading thru all the posts..just end up skimming. ah, faust. reading auf deutsch oder was? oder was? yup, things sure have changed since goethe's day *hyuck hyuck* (yeah, made a laaaame funny)
ghost...you can do eet! and since i haven't read any of the other posts (obviously) what's the story? why you so lovelorn?
and as for me..my pants miraculously fit! hmmmm now what the frig did i post as my goal?? anyways..i am getting closer!

mauvaisroux
09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks Ollie! :)

Welcome to needlestuck, Greenfox and tingirl! :wave:

ghost
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Janda, the story is he's far away, got restationed and I'm just not ready to move yet. So we are struggling through the long distance thing right now.

I'm not weighing myself till friday. Its TOM and I'm bloated. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I'm on plan, not using it as an excuse to cheat, but I'm also not going to weigh myself and be disappointed, I'd rather just feel good about myself.

jandaman
09-24-2008, 02:54 PM
hey ghost. that blows..there's no other way to say it! my dad was a military guy and we constantly relocated. so i can relate. chin up!!! (that's lame i know---i'll hug you instead of imparting cheesy advice):hug:

ghost
09-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Lol, thanks Janda! We keep in touch, I'll be visiting him lots and he does get vacay time so we'll use that for together time too. I just can't fathom moving to a depressed job market when I have a perfectly good job right here.
Okay, I couldn't handle it, I weighed myself. I'm down to 171.5, for a loss last week of about half a lbs. Slow loss for me for sure but I deserve a stall if anyone around here does after all the weight that fell off in the last few weeks. I can't change my ticker though, my rule is, I have to see the number three times before I can change it...lol!

nakedmango
09-25-2008, 11:00 PM
I haven't been posting in this thread much because I hit a plateau and it's been a little frustrating. If I had keep up my previous pace with weight loss, I'd be 3 pounds lower than I am now. I'm trying not to think the words "stupid plateau...stupid plateau..." Ever an eternal optimist, I am trying to remember, "A plateau is your body teaching you something you didn't know." Basically, I didn't know I needed more calories than I was eating!

So I'm down two pounds from where we started the challenge. I hope to be at 125 for Samhain.

In Samhain-related news, my boss (who's only been working with the company since February) came up to me yesterday and asked me, "Do we carve a pumpkin in the lobby for Halloween? ...I think it'd be fun." I said, sure, we could, and I can sort out details when I get back from vacation. She said, "That's right! Halloween is next month." She's English, originally. I think it was feeling particularly autumn-ish around here with the cool weather lately, and she was thinking of jack'o'lanterns and ghouls already. :lol:

ollie27
09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
i need a swift kick in me arse!

jandaman
09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Kick!

ollie27
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
thanks jan, i needed that. my workouts have slowed down to almost nil and my beer intake has increased. school is drivin me to the bottle, man! i also freaked out this week on some vegan muffins i baked. it was my first shot at baking a la vegan, so i was eager to test it out. alert, alert! too good! too good! next time i bake, my goal is to take half to the neighbors.

so i'm typing this in my emerald green spandex about to log off and head upstairs for a workout video. i'm still slowly losing, but i could be doin so much better!

ghost - dig the lovecraft. i think i'm really close to his grave and it's on my to do list to stop by and see him, give him some love.

welcome to all the newcomers! :cheers:

jandaman
09-29-2008, 05:09 AM
ollie! beer is da divil in disguise!!!! all that sugar! aaaargh! i went on a beer binge on friday and it followed me all weekend! sluggish, craving-ish. ugh! it's strictly white wine spritzers again for this lady lush.
sharing ur baking is not only a great way to stay lean and lithe..it also endears you to ur neighbours, coworkers etc. :) and bring on the spandex!!! i only have ratty tatty sweats...emerald green spandex must be so much more inspiring. out for a walk along the river rhine ( i should jog but feel stoopid doing it)

ttfn guapas!!

ollie27
09-29-2008, 08:20 AM
jan! it is the devil in disguise! but it's soooo good. i'm kinda havin a tough go with classes, the move and whatnot; but beer makes it all go away :D. also, having moved from a state where most beer was illegal (craft beer, beer over 6% alcohol are illegal and draft beer is outlawed in the city i lived in) i'm still on the wow and wide-eyed kick with all this craft beer. i need to find a new way to cope.

i, too, feel ridiculous jogging. i'm still at the point where i work out in the comfort of me own home. one of these days though i'm going to do the joggin thang.

white wine spritzers? do you mix wine and sprite or do you actually purchase a spritzer? give me da 411 i need a good recommendation for a switch-a-roo.

ghost
09-29-2008, 01:11 PM
home made tortillas and refried beans will be the death of my diet! And wine too. I GAINED 4 lbs this weekend, between saturday morning and this morning. FOUR POUNDS! how does one GAIN FOUR LBS in two days? And I worked out yesterday. There is just no way! I'm freaking OUT!

ollie27
09-29-2008, 03:22 PM
homemade tortillas and refried beans :drool:

it's okay ghost. if it makes you feel better i discovered soy "ice cream" this weekend. maybe your scale is just measuring the immediate after effects. aren't you the one that waits to see a number for a few days before it sticks? (me too btw). and, dude, you've lost 17 lbs in the time it has taken me to lose 7, so chill! your doing effing fabulous, holmes!
your rocking this thang!

Robot
09-30-2008, 01:02 AM

it's okay ghost. if it makes you feel better i discovered soy "ice cream" this weekend. maybe your scale is just measuring the immediate after effects. aren't you the one that waits to see a number for a few days before it sticks? (me too btw). and, dude, you've lost 17 lbs in the time it has taken me to lose 7, so chill! your doing effing fabulous, holmes!
your rocking this thang!

Yummy tortillas and soy ice cream.

I feel like a glutton from the overeating I've done this weekend. I thought I was going to get back on track today, but then found out an old friend of mine was shot and killed by the police :(. I binged like no tomorrow. I need to control my eating, I can't let this destroy me.

PriestessCynder
09-30-2008, 06:40 AM
This is so cool... I just discovered the Alternachicks?Paganchicks forums here...

I actually set a small goal to lose 5 pounds by October 31st when I first joined the site. I'm getting there.

Robot, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I overate a lot too this weekend... but my reason was just being on a flim set and ordering Pizza/Subway for convenience...

ollie27
09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
oh my god, robot, that's horrible. :hug: don't be so hard on yourself. :hug:

welcome to the boards, priestess.

Skullarix
09-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I have three lbs to go! Yet ARGH! They just don't want to go away...

jandaman
10-01-2008, 05:45 AM
robot, i am so sorry. sending you virtual support..:hug:

go skullarix! give them pesky pounds HEdouble hockeysticks (still not sure how explicit i can get on this here site:) )

ghost-mebbe natural weight fluctuations..water retention etc? and not just the frijoles (i know it blows but cut the tortillas, add lf sour cream and some lf cheddar-presto:healthy treat!)

ollie-soy ice-cream? yummy?

howdy priestess and welcome

still haven't weighed myself! avoiding my local pharmacy like the plague.....guess i'm skeard....:(

ghost
10-01-2008, 12:48 PM

your rocking this thang!

I keep trying to tell myself that, but for some reason I'm not listening to me! My body is just fighting me tooth and nail.

This is so cool... I just discovered the Alternachicks?Paganchicks forums here...

I actually set a small goal to lose 5 pounds by October 31st when I first joined the site. I'm getting there.

Robot, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I overate a lot too this weekend... but my reason was just being on a flim set and ordering Pizza/Subway for convenience...

Welcome to the forum and the challenge Priestess!

I have three lbs to go! Yet ARGH! They just don't want to go away...

Its always the last few lbs before reaching a stated goal that seem to hang on for dear life. I'm right there with you! We can do this! *as long as we don't see anymore home made tortillas and beans*

robot, i am so sorry. sending you virtual support..:hug:

go skullarix! give them pesky pounds HEdouble hockeysticks (still not sure how explicit i can get on this here site:) )

ghost-mebbe natural weight fluctuations..water retention etc? and not just the frijoles (i know it blows but cut the tortillas, add lf sour cream and some lf cheddar-presto:healthy treat!)

ollie-soy ice-cream? yummy?

howdy priestess and welcome

still haven't weighed myself! avoiding my local pharmacy like the plague.....guess i'm skeard....:(

Oh, how i wish it was a natural weight flux, but its still hanging around, even after two on plan days and two cardio workouts. I fear its the real thing, so I'm just focusing on re-losing it all again. One weekend, man! My 8 days with my man in san fran is probably going to cost me 10 lbs!

Robot
10-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Thanks ladies for the kind words. I'm still bummed and almost in denial thinking that this is just a big nightmare, but it's not. Life must go on though.

Congrats to everyone with their weight loss so far. I don't think I'll lose more than 3 pounds by the 31st, but I'm trying my hardest.

x meowkat x
10-03-2008, 02:49 AM
I'm with you on the frustration of not losing.

I'm seriously considering leaving the challenge, I just need to get my act together. I'm really having a hard time and it's pissing me off.

ollie27
10-03-2008, 07:39 AM
awww meowkat, chin up! why are you having such a hard time? anything we can help you with? how about just changing your goal to a coupla pounds? i changed mine midway through the challenge by 5 pounds. i've posted it before but i'll write again: i've lost 25 pounds and it's taken me over a year! so i know about hard times and being pissed off at the whole deal, but just don't give up. even if it means maintaining what you've lost so far (what i did for a year) and trying again whenever you're ready to boost it back up (what i've been doing lately).

hang in there, chica.

ghost - so it was all in your head, huh?

x meowkat x
10-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey, thanks for the encouragement...I didn't mean for my last post to sound so negative, I'm just frustrated! And I think the change in the weather is affecting my depression. It's getting more intense, as it does from time to time.....I'll get over it. I guess I just have to let it run its course. I'm usually fine, I swear! :D

I'm going to keep my goal, even if I don't achieve it, mainly because I guess I'd feel like I was "cheating" if I moved my goal up just because I couldn't do it (I don't think it was a terribly difficult goal to achieve, if I'd stayed on course to begin with). I haven't been checking in here as often as I should, because I just don't have a ton of time anymore...anyway, it's good to know I have support here. I think I just kind of needed to vent a little because I'm mad at myself :p

Skullarix
10-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Keep going Meowkat! You can do it! :hug:

So I went to the Irish Festival yesterday, and worked my a$$ off vounteering and when I stepped on the scale this morning it said I was 174... I was so excited to be one pound from my goal... then I realized it was probably water LOL.

Ah well, back to the :tread:

ollie27
10-05-2008, 08:00 PM
i weighed in at 144. still....

4 weeks til samhain. and 5 pounds. i can do this right?

ooohh, skullarix, irish festival. sounds fun.

PriestessCynder
10-08-2008, 06:28 AM
I think you can do it.

I weighed myself last night, I have two pounds to go! Woohoo!

But I was also bad yesterday and ate a Snickers bar. My husband got it for me because it was the kind with almonds and he knows how much I like those.

No biggie though. It was one Snickers. And I was good yesterday up until that point and ran 1/2 hour after work.

ollie27
10-08-2008, 09:35 PM
hmmm....well, now it's 6 pounds.

ghost
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello my fine alternachick friends. I thought I'd post an update, since I have not in a while. I encourage yall to follow suit. K?

I'm sick, and tired and I feel bloated but the scale has said 169.75 two days in a row now. Nice. I've been watching my food very carefully. Have the scale out on the counter and everything. I've also been making it to cardio this week I went mon, wed, thur and friday. Tomorrow I'm tearing the whole house apart, cleaning everything, and then putting it back together. Well, it'll probaby take all weekend actually, but I'll fit in a workout somewhere in there if I can.

ollie27
10-10-2008, 10:58 PM
sick. tired. bloated. check, check and check. hey ghost! wow, you're doing so well, chica! the big san fran date's coming up, huh? excited?

still hangin in at 144. my body is really starting to get comfy with that number. i'm not complaining though seeing as how much i've been sitting down reading for school and how many pb and j sandwiches i've had on the go. i need to kick it up a notch, gals.

Skullarix
10-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, I've been bouncing back and forth between 174 and 176. I've only got one pound to go to hit the Samhain goal, so I think I'll make it.

I've not been staying on plan that well, so that's why I'm bouncing around.

ollie27
10-12-2008, 08:48 AM
i saw 142 yesterday and saw 141.6 this morning! it's a first! dare i move the scale down even a notch? i'll give it another day. point is, if i stick with it, i know i can meet my goal of 139 by samhain.

skullarix - i hear ya. i spent the entire end of september bouncing between 144 and 145.

meanwhile back at the ranch i'm still trying to decide how me and the hubs will celebrate samhain being in a new town and all the usual jaunts are not an option....

hmmm....

Skullarix
10-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I finished the "Race for the Cure" today. It was really fun! So after doing a 5k I don't have to work to today right? RIGHT?

Robot
10-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I'm loving the cooler weather. It's such a refreshing feeling.

The past two weeks, my diet and exercise was on the back burner, but I think it's time to focus on it again. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but with my lack of eating a lot the past two weeks, I doubt I gained. I know I won't make the goal I had originally planned, but even a few pounds lost by Samhain will be a good thing. I'm just a few pounds shy of being under 200. Perhaps I will aim for that.

Skullarix
10-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Robot~ Onderland would be so cool! You should go for it! :hug:

Robot
10-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Thanks Skullarix! I really think getting under 200 will help me feel a little bit better about life.

mauvaisroux
10-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Congrats on the race skullarix! What a great thing to do! :bravo:

The diet has been on the backburner of late as we just had Thanksgiving in Canada this past weekend - too much turkey, wine and pie! I did get out for some exercise by cleaning up the front and backyard, raking leaves and cutting back the plants to prepare for winter. We had a gorgeous weekend - it was so warm I was outside in my summer gear in mid October!

I am trying to walk after work this week starting this evening by going on foot to the polling station to vote and then for a quick walk round the neighborhood.

Good luck this week everyone! :lucky:

Robot
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I finished the "Race for the Cure" today. It was really fun! So after doing a 5k I don't have to work to today right? RIGHT?

That's awesome. In my fun fantasy world, you'd get the week off for doing that. If only my world were real.

ghost
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I weighed in this am at 167.5...but I do not dare move that ticker till I've seen it twice, as usual.
I've been having a tough go of it this week. I'm still sick, and I broke up with my boyfriend and changed my travel plans. Not going to SFO. I'm sad of course, and I still love him dearly. Its just not working out. I scared to death I'm going to die a lonely old hag though. I'm 29 and all I want is to be in love, get married and grow old with someone.

jandaman
10-17-2008, 11:57 AM
oh ghost. i am sorry. sending you lotsa love thru the ether!!!

ollie27
10-18-2008, 09:41 AM
awww. hang in there, ghost :hug:

break ups are hard. and sometimes a "congratulations" is in order and sometimes an empathetic "i'm sorry" so i'll throw out both for you. it's saturday and your crappy schmappy week is at an end and i can only say i hope the next one is better.

Skullarix
10-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Ghost~ I'm sorry to hear about your break up! :hug: hang in there though, it'll get better

I'm stuck at 174! So close yet so far... I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong. I've got to get off this plateau... :(

PriestessCynder
10-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Think I can lose two pounds in 11 days?

Of course I don't have regular access to a scale... Kind of sucks at times. But I made a purposeful decision not to have one in my house.

ghost
10-20-2008, 02:46 PM
If you don't have access to a scale you can have non scale goals, like, run a mile in x amount of minutes, lose x amount of inches from waist, drink a certain amount of water a day, stay within a certain number of calories a day...you get the idea. Its not always about what the scale says. and welcome to the challenge!

Skullarix
10-23-2008, 08:36 PM
I got on the scale this morning and guess what? I was 172!!!! Samhain goal achieved!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Robot
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
I got on the scale this morning and guess what? I was 172!!!! Samhain goal achieved!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

:bravo:

ollie27
10-24-2008, 08:24 AM
hey, that's kick arse, skullarix!

as for me, my goal keeps toying with me. i've bouncing betweem 139.7 or so and 140.3 for almost two weeks now. totally doable in the next week, but i gotta step it up.

hope everyone else is fine and dandy. happy friday.

jandaman
10-25-2008, 07:51 AM
well a whopping YEE-HAW skullarix..how awesome are you????

ghost
10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I was below goal on saturday morning, but today...not below goal. But I have like 4 days to get my arse in gear. My last goal was 169 but I changed it when I saw it for two days in a row down to 164, but if I'm between the two I will still feel like a winner.

Sooo, we are going to be wrapping up this challenge this week! Its been a LONG 11 weeks for me. But I feel great and I look great too so I'm glad we did this thing. It was definatly on my mind everytime I considered binging, that I have a goal and I want to reach it. So, we should def think of a new challenge...maybe a Yule/Winter Solstice kinda thing.

So, don't forget to post your final weight on Friday the 31st! I'll post mine early in the day (my time) because I'll be flying the friendly Hallow Eve's sky that night. I wonder if ppl will be dressed up?

jandaman
10-28-2008, 07:40 AM
awesome achievement ghost! i think a yuletide kinda challenge would be great....i donno what i was thinking when i put myself down for 8.5 kilos (that's 18.7 lbs) but here i am with 1 kilo loss but lots a roomy jeans :)

ollie27
10-28-2008, 05:15 PM
i celebrate every solstice and i would love to have another challenge and celebrate this next one by being a bit healthier than i am this autumn!

ghost - you've done so well! i'm so proud of you. safe travels mon ami

jan - kudos on the room in the jeans and less junk in da trunk!

ghost
10-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Okay, a quicky online search has given us several more days to lose. Technically samhain this year is November 7th, according to the stars. So, we can keep this going beyond the 31st, or start a new challenge for Yule...what say ye all?

Robot
10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I do like the sound of a Yule challenge, but this technical extension for this challenge will help me get to my goal of under 200. Either way, it doesn't matter to me.

ghost
10-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I think the technical extension is a good thing, these kinds of moments are good for procrastinators, of which I am one IRL. I focus better when the deadline is closest...lol!

ollie27
10-29-2008, 10:40 PM
ghost - where did you get your info? Samhain, or the Witches' New Year when the veil between the worlds is the thinnest, traditionally is celebrated on the evening of October 31st and ends Novemeber 1st (at least in our neck of the woods). is your source doing it by equinox or what? just curious.

i'm all for extension, i just want to know more about this november 7th thang.

ghost
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
It's the astrological date, when the sun is at 15 degrees scorpio, which this year falls on November 7th. But celebrating it on the 31st or Nov 1st is not wrong, its just convenient for planning purposes and such. But, if your doing spellwork and rituals based on when the veil is going to be at its thinnest, Nov 7th is the day you want to be working with. I'm hopeing that by nov 7th I'm at my thinnest. Sorry, bad pun but I couldn't help myself.

ollie27
10-31-2008, 09:19 AM
wery wery interwesting...thanks for the 411.

so today is the 2nd day that i've seen 138.7:) i'm calling it.

safe flying ghost.

ghost
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Today I am 165.25. I am almost *almost* in the low 160's...lol! Of course, that is going to change the second I touch down in Anchorage and see a Chili's (which is in the airport...) but, 23.75 lbs in 11 weeks, I deserve something tasty and fatty!

I went to a creepy haunted house in an abandoned undergroung hospital last night, sooooo freaking good! My sister organized it, she is a great haunted house organizer. So proud, she does our family horror reputation well.

I'll be at work all day, so I'll be online and hope to see some samhain challege updates! Then, at 4pm Alaska standard time I'm officially on vacay!

Robot
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Today, I'm at 200. So close to 199, that I can taste it.

ollie27
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
well, i went ahead and changed my ticker. i met my goal and i think i'll do better if i get in mind a new one instead of being lax until the 7th. good job everyone! robot, you'll be there before you know it.

Skullarix
11-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Chicks,

I'm down with a Yule challenge! Hopefuly I haven't missed a new thread if one has been started.

Robot
11-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I suppose since most have reached goal or were close to goal, we can go ahead with a winter solstice challenge.

PriestessCynder
11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
^ I'm all for a Yule challenge also. I am two pounds away from my goal.

Skullarix
11-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Did a Yule/Winter Solstice thread start and I missed it? Or should we continue to post here?