Exercise! - Everyday Exercisers ~ Working off those Easter Goodies!

MarvintheMartian
04-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Lurkers, please feel free to join in at any time... although Pamela and I are going strong on our own, we'd love to share support with you too! :D

Hope you had a great Easter, Pamela! I was very good, and the Easter Bunny brought me a very special kind of egg, if you get my drift! ;) So, wish me luck in this 2 Week Wait!

I took the weekend off from exercising, mostly because we were down at the in-laws... I feel pretty good though, and I'm eager to get back into it, starting with Curves today, and of course my ET! Woke up this morning to about 2 inches of drifting snow, so I already had a mini-workout digging my car out! :lol:

Anyway, although we ate really, really well yesterday... (ham, scalloped taters, fresh apple pie... yum!) I haven't really had any chocolate, and I've been drinking as much water as I can stomach, so I'm not to worried there. Hopefully, I can get myself weighed on Wednesday (I'm actually due for my official weigh 'n' measure) and I'm hoping to go down, although, as always, I'll be happy if I maintained! :)

TTLY!

madtypist
04-01-2002, 06:29 PM
Hi Ladies:

Yes I am a lurker. LOL,, I have posted a few times in the past 2 weeks, however I can't seem to find them.

Yes I had some chocolate this weekend and yes I have no doubt put on a couple of pounds. I enjoy this forum so far and it is great to have a lot help along the way, it sure keeps you moving.

I have been walking for the past 2 years everyday for an hour a day, about 3 klms and the good weather I bike ride daily.

To start off April today I went for a walk and a quick bike ride, as it was a little to windy for riding.

I hope to be able to post here often and keep dieting and exercising every day...

Suzanne

MarvintheMartian
04-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Welcome Suzanne! :D Glad to have you around! Sometimes, posts go mysteriously missing for no apparent reason, which is soooooo frustrating! At least this one worked! ;)

Sounds like you have a good plan, and a great attitude! You'll be a great help for support around here!

As for me, I belong to the local Curves for Women gym, and try to go there at least 3 times a week. I just bought an elliptical trainer, which I am aiming for 5-6 days a week, and I also bowl on Tuesday nights, although the season is almost over now. I usually go to an aquajogging class with my mom on Thursdays too. I try to not just think of exercise as regimented, but also as my daily activities, like cleaning the house or shovelling the sidewalk. Also, I don't follow a diet, but I journal with Fitday, and try to make healthy choices.

My DH and I have been married 21 months, and we're currently trying to conceive our first child. We're building a house (!) and right now, we're living with my mom during the week, and with my DH's parents on the weekends. Our house should be ready sometime in the next two months, and we're really looking forward to it.

That said, I went to Curves last night and had a good workout, but I didn't get on to the ET... just too exhausted! ;) Today, I will be bowling and I will do my ET workout! I promise!

tupo_girl
04-02-2002, 02:18 PM
It's snowing here!! Looks like I'll be shoveling again. We had a good trip, ate good food, ran around a lot. We went bowling and I love it! I want to go every week now. Emmett liked it too, got 2 spares, LOL. Funny kid. My weight on Thur was 163, then on Fri 160, then 161 the rest of the weekend. I think my new PMS symptoms are these wacky dreams, but they seem to burn a lot of calories which is fine with me.

Suzanne, hi! Glad you've joined us!

Marvin, I'll be praying that you don't go crazy for the next 2 weeks but that it's a go!

In Christ,
Pamela

madtypist
04-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanx Ladies for the welcome:

It is snowing here AGAIN this week, however I have 2 boxes of girlguide cookies one on each hip LOL.soooooooo I am off for my walk today, no bike riding today because of the snow, I will be so glad when I can ride my bike everyday.

You ladies sound like you are heavy into the exercising. Great. It really makes you feel good. For the mind and the body.
I do not belong to any fitness centres, but I do my walk every day and bike ride all summer long. I have never bowled but that must be good exercise too.

Marvin you sure a busy gal. lots of work building you own home. I am sure you will be glad to have it finished soon. Also congrat's on you trying for a baby, that is nice.

I have been doing the fitday for over a year now, it is interesting to see how all your food is broken down and what exactly you are eating as far as fat etc. I also go into the Chatelaine forums they are interesting, lots of different topics.

I am outta here for now.

:) Suzanne

VanIsle
04-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Hi Guess I am also a LURKER.:dizzy:
I am ding WW and am on my 12 th week.
The last 4 weeks I have had a very sore neck so finally went to see the Chiropractor.
Hopefully she can help.
I try to go to the gym 5 days a week and do tapes on the others.
This sore neck is starting to take its toil although I was down 1.6 lbs @ weigh in today.
Well glad to be here.
Brenda

175.4 /160.8 / 125

MarvintheMartian
04-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Good morning! :D

Brenda ~ Thanks for posting! I just responded to your PM, and I have to say thanks again! What a nice surprise! :) Good for you and your progress with WW! I've heard wonderful things about it, and if I wasn't so cheap ;) and so focused on TTC, I'd probably look into it myself. I love the idea that you can eat whatever you want, which is really my whole plan! Anyway, good luck, and welcome to our thread!

Suzanne ~ You're right, I sure am a busy gal! Too much so, sometimes! :) It'll settle down quite a bit once we get this house done, although if we're pg by then, maybe not! :O It's almost nice to go to my in-laws on the weekends, because I don't really do much there!

Pamela ~ Sounds like you had a great Easter! And I'm glad that you guys liked the bowling! Sounds like Em had a great time anyway! :) Did you go to one of those alleys that have the "bumper" lanes, so that kids don't get gutterballs? Our alley has those, and it's great fun for the kids to always hit the pins... BTW, looks like us Canucks are outnumbering you! ;)

Well, I got 6.5 minutes done on the ET yesterday, which I'm very happy about, and then with bowling, I think I did pretty well. I went a little overboard with eating, but not too much. Plus, I bowled super-well, and I won the 50/50 draw! So, looks like last night was my lucky night! :D Think those are preg symptoms? :lol: I'm such a nut!

Today, it's back to Curves, for my weigh 'n measure, which I'm not overly optimistic about, since I'm still feeling really bloated from the clomid that I took... :( Oh well, I really want to find this out, so if I am pg, I have an official weight and measurement to start off with. I plan on keeping track of my weight and belly, but I promise not to get all freaked out by it! *crosses heart, hopes to die*!!!!!

So, that's the novel for today! I'll BBL!

VanIsle
04-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Hi All
what is TTC? I am doing WW but have t o say that I kind of feel like that also.
My prepaid 12 weeks are up now and I am going to Calgary fpor 2 wweeks and was trying to decide if I s hould keep going or not.
I go to the gym regular and have to pay monthly for that , also I have recently discovered the FitDAy and LOVE it so am undecided.
I may do the weekly weigh in here with a group.
Well off to work.
It is so beautiful here today I would LOVE to play hookey but since holidays on the 9 th I had better not.
Talk at you all later.
Brenda[COLOR=crimson]

MarvintheMartian
04-04-2002, 12:45 PM
Sorry, Brenda, TTC is trying to conceive! I sometimes forget that not everyone knows the abbreviations! :lol: I sometimes find myself calling my hubby DH! ;) Cool that you're coming to Calgary for 2 weeks! I'm actually about a half hour south of Calgary, and I'm up there at least once every 2 weeks myself, shopping. Enjoy your visit! It's a great city! I was in Victoria in October 2000 for a few days, and boy was it beautiful! My mom was born there, and when she won airfare from WestJet, she took me! :) I adored it, and I can't wait to go back for another visit!

Anyway, got to Curves last night, and my weighin was actually good, in that I didn't really increase much at all... like a 1/4 inch on my boobs, and a wee bit in the thigh (which I'm blaming on the ET!) My weight stayed the same, so I'm happy... I still feel really bloated, so I'm just trying to get that water in!

Today, DH and I are going up to see the progress in our house together, as they should be almost half-done the kitchen cabinets! :) It's gonna look like an actual house! Then, home to do the ET, and then aquajogging class tonight...

TTYL! :wave:

madtypist
04-06-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone:

Good Sat. afternoon to all, well I am up 1 pound after all that Easter Choc. so that is not bad, now I have to get serious so I do not go up any more.

It is Sat. afternoon and I have already drank a few cups of water so that is a good start and I certainly have had my fill of choc and goodies for a while. It is sunny out and a litte windy but cool but I am on my way out soon for a bike ride and maybe a walk. It is amazing when you get right back on track how good you feel.

I also did ww. however I did not join I did it from home, I purchased the journal and point book and did the program from and it worked good. I also do the fitday.com to keep track of all my food. so between the 2, I found it very easy to do from home. I have heard of people spending hundreds of dollars and then gaining all the weight back. I find that I have to work everyday to maintain or loose any weight so I just do it myself.

I am outta here, speaking of exercise.

Have a great weekend.

;) Suzanne

tupo_girl
04-07-2002, 05:27 PM
Guess I'm gonna keep these Easter pounds: we just found out we're pregnant! Marvin, I hope there's something in the water - we can keep each other going, LOL. I plan on excercising through the whole thing if I can...
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-08-2002, 01:29 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooo exciting Pamela!!!!!! :) *Ack, the board wouldn't let me put all the smilies in that I wanted to! Trust me... there were a ton of 'em!* When are you due? Oh gosh, I hope we can be pg buddies too! I'll be able to tell you in about a week or so! I guess that the "not really trying" worked for you! :D

Suzanne ~ Sounds like you've got the right kind of attitude... I'm sure you'll be successful! I find that I gotta keep it up too, otherwise, it just gets easier and easier to stay off the wagon.... right now, I'm so busy obsessing over possible pg symptoms, that I'm lucky to have Curves! I know that at the very least, I'll get three good workouts in this week, and I'm happy with that... I'm still trying to get the ET in everyday too, though, I haven't been doing too well with it the last week or so. What can I say?

Anyway, like I said, I'm off to Curves today, and I'm gonna try to get my ET workout in as well... gotta get some of my water in too... maybe it'll help me get knocked up too! ;)

Gosh, I can't stop smiling! I'm soooooooo happy for you, Pamela! ;) Yay!

tupo_girl
04-08-2002, 06:24 PM
According to babycenter, I'm due 12-13-02 (Friday the 13th, LOL). Now I'm starting to get excited and all I wanna do is sleep. We walked the mall of amercia today and I'm pooped, still have flylady stuff to do. I can't wait to find out if you are or not!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-09-2002, 11:05 AM
Well, if I am, my due date will be December 23, so I'll be right behind you! ;) Oh, this 2WW is killing me! :devil: Anyway, Friday the 13th has always been my lucky day! Friday, Dec. 13/96 was my first date with DH, and on Friday the 13th of November 1998, my Dad survived a brain aneurysm, so I consider it to be pretty lucky! :smug:

But, I did have a good workout at Curves yesterday.. it's finally warmed up outside weatherwise, and I think that's why I was soooo warm when I was there. I kept telling myself it was because I was working so hard! :lol: Seriously though, it felt great!

Tonight is bowling night, and hopefully, I'll be able to get onto that darn ET! I was just too tired by the time I got home after Curves last night. Today is another day, though...

tupo_girl
04-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Wow, crazy with all of your 13's there!! I should be napping right now actually, but I don't get to go online once dh is home, gotta do it now. He can chase the Munch then. Did some more mall walking today.
In Christ,
Pamela

madtypist
04-09-2002, 06:01 PM
:) CONGRATULATION Pamela on your great news. It is always so nice to hear about someone having a baby. I am sure you are so excited.

I gained about 40 pounds with my kids, and I am still trying to get the weight off. LOL....and my kids are in their teens.
You are doing it the right way and going to keep exercising if you can.

Well so far today I am doing good, getting my water down and have been good with my food today. I just hope I can continue till I go to bed.

Hopefully I can get out tonight for my walk, nice to have it light out till around 8:30 or so, so that will give me more time be outside and exercise.

Dinner time, better go and make that salad...

;) Suzanne

MarvintheMartian
04-10-2002, 10:40 AM
Good morning!

:yawn: I am sooooo exhausted this morning.... I can't wait for the day to be over, so I can go to bed! :lol: However, I will get to Curves right after work, I promise!

I did get on the ET last night, and found that I've lost my stamina... I did do my 6 minutes, but in 4 - 1.5 minutes spurts with 15-30 second breaks... still not too bad! And I made it through bowling last night, without falling asleep! :lol:

tupo_girl
04-10-2002, 11:26 PM
Hmm you're really tired??? I can't wait for you to test, LOL. Hoping, praying you're preggers...I walked a mile at the mall today and did 150 plies (gotta fight those thighs you know). I get really dizzy when I walk but I hold onto the stroller handle so it's ok, I think. Hopefully the nurse will call tomorrow with my test confirmation and I can figure out which clinic I'm going to. Have a great day everyone!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Woohoo! I got two lines! :D Looks like we're gonna be pg buddies too! Yippee!

I am so excited, I haven't even told DH that I got the + this morning... he worked really late last night, and I didn't have the heart to wake him. Plus, I told him that I'd *try* not to wake him up with a pee-drenched stick in his face! :lol: Anyway, it's still really faint, but it's definitely there, and I'll be retesting over the weekend to make sure it gets darker! I'm so happy, can ya tell? :lol:

I've been really dizzy this morning too! Except, I don't have a stroller to hang onto! Guess I'll have to just fall down! :lol: JK! Did you have much morning sickness with Em? What did you do to help with it? Just wanna be prepared! ;)

BTW, Suzanne and Brenda! Please bear with Pamela and I! Like her, I still want to be active on a daily basis, and I'll sure be needing all the support that I can get from you guys! :) Even though I'm sure to be consumed with pg stuff, this is still an everyday exercising thread!

gymfreak
04-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Hi,

I'm a newbie, just discovered this site and its great !

I'm 29 years old, moved to Colorado from England in January this year. I'm committed to the gym, go 5 days per week mixing resistance & cardio. I really enjoy that and find no problem sticking to this aspect of my lifestyle.

I find it really hard to stick to my healthy diet (which is easy in teh week) at the weekend! Friday comes and I just crave Icecream, pizza... until Monday morning and then i'm healthy again! How do you all stay so committed?

Linda :devil: :)

tupo_girl
04-12-2002, 03:02 PM
Marvin, *big hugs*!!!!! I was going to say I'd pick you up and spin you around, but that wouldn't do either of us any good, LOL. I'm so excited for you! I didn't have much ms with Emmett. I just needed to eat whenever I started to feel sick which is what I do now. It's the tiredness that's wearing me out right now. Too bad Em is having issues sleeping at night. I've lost 2 pounds since last week, which I guess isn't a huge issue this early, but maybe I should cut back pushing myself to walk every day for awhile. I'm not eating all that much, about 6 meals a day of about 300 calories each. Plus being up all night fighting with Emmett to sleep burns a lot (more like defending myself from his kicks and punches, LOL). Anyhoo, I don't know what I was going to write, LOL. Are you craving/averting anything yet? You should crave strawberries too, LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela

madtypist
04-12-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi Ladies:

Congratulations Marvin on your new news, I'm sure you and your husband are very excited, hope he knows by now. LOL..

I wish that I had had a forum like this when I was Preg. then maybe I would not still be trying to get rid of these pounds,:dizzy: glad that you girls are staying during your preg. I think that exercising while peg. is good for you, and talking about babies will keep me young. :^: I am ONLY 44 years young.... only problem is I can't remember half of my kids baby years... LOL

Hi Linda, I am the same as you, I have trouble on the weekend's but I find these forums keep me from going really over board and the good thing is that come Monday we are back hard at it.. I have not gained weight by having a little extra on the weekend. I am sure more tuned in on the weekend about what I eat and I think that helps the situation.

I did some bike riding last night, I did about 6 klms or so. Looking forward to Sat and Sun to be able to get out and do some more bike riding and walking a few times a day.

Have a Good one.

;) Suzanne

MarvintheMartian
04-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Good morning!

I have been such a slug this weekend! Ug! The last thing on my mind is exercise, and I sure do want to eat! :lol: DH and I did go for a walk on Saturday night, so at least that's something. I have my workout bag to go to Curves after work, but I'll have to see how I feel... this exhaustion is killing me! Oh well, it'll be well worth it once december rolls around!

Linda ~ Welcome to the thread! It's hard to stay so motivated all the time, but we help push each other along, and sometimes, it's enough motivation to be able to post your success on the thread! I have the same problems with the weekend, but generally, as long as I'm not a total glutton, I consider it a success to have a really great OP week, and allow myself the weekend for indulging!

Pamela, I agree, try not to push yourself to go for big long walks everyday... even a little is good, and with Em using up your resources, you should be more worried about getting your rest in! ;) Let's go take a nap!

Suzanne ~ Good for you with the bike riding! Hope the weather cooperated for you! It's just finally starting to be springlike around here, finally! I can't wait to get outside and start riding my bike, and going for walks... I'm gonna try to get DH to walk with me more often! I always have to tell him to slow down though! :lol: He's got much longer legs, and a much longer stride, than I do!

tupo_girl
04-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Mmmmmmmmmm nap........ LOL. I could do that all day. Right now, I have to sit by the phone waiting for the nurse to call me back even though I think I did what they wanna do already. Oh well.
In Christ,
Pamela

tupo_girl
04-15-2002, 01:16 PM
they called right after i posted that, LOL. I go on the 29th:).
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-16-2002, 10:59 AM
Oh, I am soooooooo tired! ;) I've decided that this week would be a good week to take off from "exercising"! :lol: Mostly, since I can't keep my eyes open once I get home from work! Is it bad to be wishing for the 2nd trimester already? ;)

I'm still keeping my water intake up, and although I'm eating more now (I'm starving!) I'm not eating all crap, so I'm okay with that.... I guess that's good enough for now. I want to get moving, though, and I guess I'll have to accept the laziness for right now. Hopefully, I can manage some walking and stuff, and maybe my prenatal yoga tape.

Yawningly yours,

tupo_girl
04-16-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm wishing for 2nd trimester too although I'm trying to enjoy every day of this pregnancy (may be our last). Plus I know that I will be sick of maternity clothes before too long so I'm living it up in my regular pants for the time being. I try to do some walking every day, but I am soooooo tired and I need to eat all the time, LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela

madtypist
04-16-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi to all and to the new mothers to be:

Hope everyone is doing fine, I remember being very tired when I was preg. I would be crashing about 9:30 at night, as Pamela said enjoy every day, before you know it you will be very busy and even more tired when it is all over.

I have been eating for 2 also, but I am not preg. LOL....... I have not been eating a lot of sweets or startches so that is ok, just tried on a sundress from last summer and it is a lot looser this year, so that is a bonus, I guess all that winter walking and now my bike riding are paying off, not so much on the scale but in inches......next step is the bathing suit...:p

Enjoying the nice warm weather, outside more now to get the full days in while we can, it has been a long 6 months of winter.

Going for a walk tonight or bike ride so I am off to cook dinner... Have a great week.

Suzanne

MarvintheMartian
04-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Good morning! Still being a slug, but trying to keep up with the water and eating well... like you Pamela, I could eat constantly! At least no m/s *yet*!

Suzanne ~ Congrats on the sundress success! It's a great feeling, isn't it? When thinkgs start to fit better (or fit at all :) ) Right now, I'm actually looking forward to getting into maternity clothes! It's weird to be looking forward to getting bigger!

Pamela ~ Are you hoping for a girl or another boy? I'm hoping for a girl mostly, but then again, a little boy would be heaven too! :D Anyway, other than the fatigue, I feel great, so it's hard to imagine that I'm actually pg! I guess that wil go away once m/s hits, right? :lol:

tupo_girl
04-17-2002, 08:02 PM
I kind of want another boy, LOL. I know what goes on with them plus they can wrestle together, LOL. Either is fine with me though. Yeah you'll feel pregnant soon enough especially when you feel the baby kick about 20 weeks!!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-18-2002, 12:19 PM
:O 20 weeks! That's a lifetime away! :lol: At least, it seems that way now! ;) I'm sure that it will fly by though...

Still a slug, and I had a terrible time sleeping last night, so I'm thinking that aquajogging tonight is probably a no-go... I can't wait to get moving again, if I ever get a bit of my energy back... of course, by then morning sickness will probably get me! *sigh*

I need a nap! :)

tupo_girl
04-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Hehe...We went walking in downtown Minneapolis today and that trip wears me out when I'm not pregnant. I'm trying so hard not to worry about my weight, but it's hard. I think I'll be fine if I can gain the 'normal' amount (25-35) pounds, but it's scary. Emmett continues to drive us nuts at night, LOL. We've been having a lot of thunder storms lately, so even if we do get him to go to sleep in his bed, he gets up cause of those. We have 8 months to get him to go to sleep in his own bed!!! Have a great day everyone.
In Christ,
Pamela

madtypist
04-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Hi Ladies:

IT SNOWING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I have put my sundress and bike away :p wow, what a change in the weather, the snow is sticking to the ground and this time last week we thought it was July.

It is the start to another week I hope all is well with everyone. So far so good today for a Monday I will be trying hard to stay on track this week it won't be long till May and the warm weather that will stay with us.

Guess I will be walking today as my bike won't go through the snow :(

Have a good week everyone,

Suzanne

MarvintheMartian
04-22-2002, 02:07 PM
Yep, don't ya just LOVE spring snow? :lol: We had some last week, and although it was nice to get the moisture, it still sucked to have the snow around! Today is nice and sunny and warm, but it's supposed to be sorta rainy and cool for the next couple days... oh well!

I'm feeling a lot less tired this morning. Probably since I finally slept well over the weekend! ;) I did manage to get out with DH for a short walk on Saturday, and then did part of my prenatal yoga tape last night. That is gonna be really cool, I just have to fit it in more than once in a blue moon! :) The stretching really did feel good though!

Today, I'm gonna try my darnedest to get to Curves, as long as I'm still awake! :lol:

Pamela ~ I know what you mean about worrying about that weight gain... I'm only 30-some lbs away from the 200 mark, and that scares me! :o That's why I'm gonna try so hard to keep active, and NOT get that high! Then again, I'd rather have a helathy baby than be skinny! ;)

tupo_girl
04-22-2002, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I definitely want a healthy munchkin that's for sure! I got to sleep in till 11 both weekend days - my dh is a saint, LOL. I wish he'd take over more food duties though. I'm subsisting on saltines and ginger ale which I like, so that's good, LOL. Today I had yogurt for breakfast and lunch I had a bagel with fruit spread (took me a long time to eat it). Saltines and 1 tastemptation thing (choc) for a snack. I'm too tired to excercise. It's hard enough keeping Emmett out of things without adding to it. At least he's slept all the way through the night 2 nights recently!
In Christ,
Pamela

Snow, snow go away!!!!!!!!!!

MarvintheMartian
04-23-2002, 11:55 AM
I know what you mean! :( We just got a huge dump of snow! And it's still snowing! So much for spring finally being here...

I'm still feeling really good, and I made it to Curves last night too, so I'm feeling pretty happy. After Curves I felt *great* for about a 1/2 hour... then I just totally crashed! :lol:

We have the second last night of bowling tonight, and boy am I looking forward to the season being over! ;) We're going to announce out pg tonight too, so that should be exciting!

Anyway, I'm glad that Em is letting you get some sleep the last two nights! Also, glad that the saltines and ginger ale are working for ya! I like em too, so they'll be the first things that I turn to, if/when morning sickness starts... I also ordered some preggie pops, so I'm set! (Those are the herbal lollipops that are made for nausea...)

Talk to you later!

tupo_girl
04-24-2002, 02:48 AM
The insomnia is driving me crazy. I could totally sleep all day, try to not nap, and then at night, I can't sleep! Ugh, LOL. Plus my back is acting up again so I can't toss and turn right. My poor husband. He really really should get sainthood for this;). Emmett is still busy and changing constantly so I feel like I'm just a weird bystander watching all of this craziness transpire.

I too like ginger ale and saltines. Helps it go down easier. I have seen those morning sickness lollipops. I'm curious as to how effective they are. Might have to try them.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Me too! Me too! I went home right after work last night, and literally fell into bed! I slept sooooo good for about an hour and 15 minutes, until I had to get up to go to bowling.. then we came home, and do you think that I could get back to sleep?!??!?!?! Now, I'm exhausted! :)

Oh well, hopefully I can move my butt into Curves tonight, and then I can go home for a nap! :lol:

BTW, I'll let you know how the preggie pops work!

tupo_girl
04-24-2002, 02:37 PM
Ok today is really bad. I had the dry heaves for awhile and still not feeling that great. My dad took Emmett to the store and he's going to get me some Sea Bands. I keep seeing those lollipops online! I'm so curious now. To top it off, Emmett's just been more wild than usual (he knows he can get away with more??) and already busted his bottom lip and gave himself a black eye today. I was within inches of him when he did both! I *do* watch him! I also have to go with my sister to the doctor because she is having terrible cramps, poor thing. The nice thing about bad days is that you know you are bound to have a really good one someday.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-25-2002, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry you had such a cruddy day, Pamela! ((((hugs)))) But you're right, a good day is sure to follow!

I've been really lucky so far, and I know it... no m/s to speak of, and other than the fatigue and sore boobs (!) I don't feel pg yet. It's funny though, we've told almost everone now, and it just doesn't feel like it's actually happening to me. Wierd, huh?

Anyway, I didn't go to Curves yesterday, I was just too wiped out. But DH and I went for a nice 30 min. walk after dinner, which was nice... but then, I came home and dropped into bed! *snore* Tonight I have to go into the city after work, so I won't have time for any exercise... I'm just hoping to stay awake long enough to get home! :lol:

tupo_girl
04-26-2002, 03:01 PM
Yikes! I lost 4 pounds in one week! Yesterday was a much better day. Emmett was a lot calmer (his surrogate grandma came over and we went out) and we had a pleasant day. I'm not as sick as I was. I've been using those sea bands, they're helping. I make sure I take about 10 minutes to get out of bed and I've started drinking my fluids through a straw which is helping. All I can eat really are chewy bready things. My friend suggested walking to help the m/s and that seems to be helping too.

Yeah, early pregnancy can be really surreal. Sometimes the ms doesn't hit hard until week 7 (mine really kicked in on the day I started it, LOL). Don't worry about trying to excercise too much right now. It'll come.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Awwwww, sweetie! It sounds like you've had a heck of a time with it! ((((hugs)))) You know the drill... keep getting your water in, and eat what you can, and maybe try taking a B6 supplement... it's supposed to be really good for m/s!

As for me... still feeling great. I haven't weighed myself, but my wedding rings are still spinning on my finger, so I know I haven't gained anything... will have to jump on the scale the next time I make it to Curves (hpefully today), just to see what's up.

If not Curves, hopefully, DH and I will take a walk tonight, and then off to bed real early! Got a busy day tomorrow... it's our last night of league bowling, and I gotta take a caesar salad for the dinner.... yum! (Okay, I'm making myself hungry! :lol: )

tupo_girl
04-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Sounds like you're doing great, yay! That's how it was with Em. Hehe. Had my first appointment today and that went good. I don't go back for six weeks since my uterus is tilted and it will be harder to hear the heartbeat before then. Otherwise, plugging along. I found a book on how to help Emmett get himself to sleep and it WORKED last night! I'm so excited. Takes some work on my part, but in the long run, it'll mean tons more sleep and not having to get up at all in the middle of the night. Plus he needs how to get himself to sleep.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
04-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey ~ my uterus is tilted too! Spooky! ;) I don't go into the dr again until my ultrasound on June 3rd.. so I'm just hangin out! Made it to Curves last night, and it prettty near killed me to do all three rounds! I'm so tired today though!

Awesome news about getting Em to sleep! WTG! Sounds like a good investment of your time, for sure! :D Keep it up, and before you know it, it'll only be the new baby keeping you up at night! *sigh*

Oh yeah, and I weighed myself last night too, and I',m up about 1.5 lbs from the past month. Not too bad, conisdering I'm eating a WHOLE lot more! I'm hoping that it's partly from the bloating too....

tupo_girl
05-01-2002, 12:50 AM
I've kind of given up on the sleeping thing with Emmett right now. Dh is not supporting me, and tonight when I was going back and forth and lifting him, my sciatic nerve started hurting. Plus I have more morning sickness at night. I told Jeremy he can hold him, whatever, but he's gotta help me get up with him at night. I'm figuring after vacation in July, we'll be ready to work on it hard core. I just can't do it by myself right now. I'm too tired and sick. Not that it's all bad! It's reassuring and all.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-02-2002, 06:05 PM
((((hugs)))) Sounds like you need a break, sweetie! Is there any way that you can go visit a friend or something, even if it's just for the day? Might do you a world of good!

Me ~ I'm starting to get the m/s now, at least I think that's what it is... I'm a bit queasy a lot of the time, and I stayed home from work yesterday since I hadn't got much sleep and I felt awful! Not too bad today, but lunch didn't go down so good... yuck!

I did finally get my Preggie Pops... pretty good, although I think that they're basically just suckers, so if you could find some good lollipops, that'd probably do the same thing.

tupo_girl
05-03-2002, 05:31 PM
Well tonight is Girl's Night Out for a friend who's getting married next week. Should be fun. Emmett gave me a black eye this week when I tried to get him to nap. The ms eased up today, thankfully. It's been 4 years today since my mom died suddenly so I've been a total wreck all week. It'll probably last till after Mother's Day (it's just too close together). But you know, it'll work out. Might scrapbook some pictures of her. Actually, I really don't wanna be with other people right now, just wanna cry in my room. That's not going to happen, LOL. Oh well. I'm ok, really!!

Sorry to hear about the m/s with you. Silly suckers. I might try that. People have been suggesting Lemonhead type things at the babycenter board.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the new week!

I'm still feeling very queasy, and now we're having a spring snowstorm too, so that doesn't help! ;) I'm hoping that you had a good time the other night!

Talk to you later!
:D

tupo_girl
05-07-2002, 03:44 AM
We had a stomach virus!!LOL. Emmett was lethargic all week and had funny diapers (I attributed it to teething). Then Jeremy gets sick and he's not pregnant OR teething, so we figured it's a bug! By the time we figured it out, it was almost gone. Today was sooooo much better. I had energy and could eat almost normally, LOL.
Thanks for the lollipop suggestion. When we went to the grocery store, I bought a big bag of lollies and hard candies. Don't know if it helps, but they taste good.
Dinner was fun, hehe. Crazy place we went to!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-07-2002, 12:57 PM
A stomach virus! No wonder you were so miserable! :) Good news that it's on it's way out though! I've been dreading getting sick myself... I've been known to catch every darn virus that comes through town, and I just know it's gonna be no fun to be pregnant and sick! (I'm the first one into the medicine cabinet when I'm sick, so this is gonna be hard!) *knock on wood*

I didn't make it toCurves yesterday because of how queasy I was. I'm gonna try to make it there tonight, since I really do miss going. We'll see how the old tummy feels when the time rolls around! ;)

tupo_girl
05-08-2002, 08:36 PM
Yeah it stinks being sick when you're preggers. I remember that right after we found out about Emmett, we all got so sick with a bad head cold. My dad and sister came out for Christmas (I was about this far along then) and we all just slept in the living room all day! I'm so scared to take anything even if they say it's safe! My sister has a very mild birth defect from something that my mom took that they said at the time was safe for pregnant women (her thumbs look like regular fingers, only a bit smaller). Hope you feel better soon. One of my friends on another weight loss board suggested walking, which, when I don't have a flu, works really well! All I wanna do is sleep! LOL.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Yep, I think I've made a decision.... I'm gonna call Curves and see if they can put my membership on hold for a while. Between the fatigue and the nausea, I just can't get there, so why waste the money, right? ;) Hopefully, once I'm in the 2nd Tri, I can get back to it, and continue for as long as I can.

I'm hoping to get more walking in, especially now that the snow is melting! We had about 1.5 feet on Monday! :O Thankfully, it's on it's way out now, and it's supposed to be nice out this weekend... *crossing fingers*

And I know what you mean about fear! It seems to be the same with all drugs... they keep telling you it's perfectly safe, then a year down the road, they go "oops, maybe it's not so safe!" That's why I'm trying to avoid all drugs, "safe" or not. You just never know!

I started taking 25 mg of B6 three times a day, and *knock on wood* it seems to be helping with the m/s! I still get some, but it's not nearly as bad! I'm scared to get excited about it, for fear it'll come back! :lol:

tupo_girl
05-11-2002, 02:15 AM
I totally forgot what I was going to type, ugh. I hope Curves will do that for you, it probably happens all the time!
Ugh, 1.5 ft of snow the other day?!?! I'm incredulous! It finally hit 60 today (it's MAY!!!). That was kind of nice. I now have a sore throat, sucking on lots of hard candies. We have a wedding tomorrow, so I hope I can sneak them ok, LOL. Have a great day!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-14-2002, 11:45 AM
Whew! I've been MIA for a few days I know! I took Friday off, then the weekend just flew by! And I got hardly any sleep on Sunday night, so I stayed home yesterday too! :) You'd think that I'd feel okay today though, wouldn't you? Nope...feeling pretty darn miserable this morning! Oh well!

I went into Curves on friday, and it was no problem for them to put me on a "medical" hold, so I'm set there. I really do miss it, so I'm hoping to be able to go back soon! If I can just get through the next few weeks, I think that I can get back on track! :lol:

tupo_girl
05-15-2002, 01:48 AM
You will be right back at Curves before you know it!

It has not been fun around here, LOL. Same old, same old, huh? It'll be better soon, I hope. Dh had a small car accident this morning (no one hurt, not much damage, thank the Lord!!). I'm starting to feel a little better from this cold. I've been MIA from here too!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Echh! Are you having any troubles getting to sleep? I'm fine once I get there, and I sleep like a log, but I can't GET to sleep in the first place! I ended up in tears last night after tossing and turning for two hours! Bleh! So, of course, I'm completely exhausted today, and I'm counting the hours until work is over! ;) Can't wait to go home!

Glad to hear that your DH (and the car) are okay! Still scary though, no matter how small! :) ((((hugs))))

tupo_girl
05-15-2002, 01:40 PM
I do have a really hard time getting to sleep. I'm so tired but toss and turn. A couple of nights, I've just gotten out of bed and read for an hour or so and that helps. I think I just need to clear my head. It does stink though when you *have* to be somewhere the next day!:( I'm feeling better today, Emmett seems to have caught my cold but that slows him down a little AND he can take meds, LOL. Much better today:). Hope you get some sleep soon!
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Yay! I got some sleep last night! Which is good, since I want to stay up "late" and watch Friends tonight! (ooooo, all the way to nine o'clock! :lol: )

I did slip on the stairs last night though, and squished my left ring finger, which is still throbbing! (makes typing real fun!) And I banged up my elbow pretty good too! Bleh! I thought that I wouldn't get clutzy for a while yet! ;) No such luck! Gonna have to get my padded suit out! :D

tupo_girl
05-16-2002, 04:36 PM
Ouch Marvin! Yeah, the klutziness starts early! Not too much going on here, might take Emmett to the park, but we're both not feeling well. Who knows, lol? Yeah, it's survivor, csi and er night! Hehe. Emmett's sleeping a lot better so it's all good now.
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Good timing for Emmett to be sleeping better! Just in time for the finales and the long weekend! (You guys in the states get a long weekend now, don't you?) I am so looking forward to it! :D

Anyway, I slept okay last night too, and I'm tired, but okay this morning. Funny how quickly you get used to wandering around in a daze! :lol: Luckily, I'm not using heavy machinery!

Anyway, have a great weekend, as I probably won't be back online until Mon/Tues... :wave:

tupo_girl
05-17-2002, 04:02 PM
I don't think we have a long weekend this weekend, I think it's the last weekend in May that's Memorial Day. That should be fun.
It is so nice for him to be sleeping!!!!!! Hehe.:)
Pamela

LadyNai
05-18-2002, 08:38 AM
I am delurking now too!!!!

I did the first routine of a kickboxing video yesterday (about 20 minutes) and felt pretty good.

I'm probably going out walking with my dog this evening...

Can anyone reccomend some low impact videos as well? I only use those when it rains, but that is often lately.

MarvintheMartian
05-23-2002, 12:44 PM
Hey, I'm here, I'm here! ;) Sorry to be MIA, but I got a terrible sunburn on Monday, and I'm just now starting to feel human again. I think that the combo of sunstroke and morning sickness is not recommended! :lol: Anyway, I learned my lesson, and will be watching my sun exposure VERY carefully!

LadyNai ~ Welcome, and good for you! :) I don't really have any good suggestions for low-impact videos, but I have always liked Kathy Smith ones. Hope that helps! ;)

Pamela ~ Yep, I found out that you guys get your May long weekend the week after ours! Can't help but notice all the Memorial Day sale ads on the tv! :)

MarvintheMartian
05-27-2002, 11:00 AM
Whew! I hope you guys are having a great holiday! :) I'm hard at work here, and boy, would I love to be home sleeping! :lol:

I'm almost starting to think about going back to Curves now... my mornign sickness has faded somewhat, although I still get queasy in the evening, but I think that I could handle going back. My fatigue is more managable now too, so I think I'll give myself another week, see how I feel next Monday, and maybe go back then. I have my u/s next Monday too, so hopefully, I'll get all sorts of reassuring news and will feel more comfy with returning to Curves too. ;)

Anyhoo, hope all is well, and I'll check back in with you tomorrow!

tupo_girl
05-28-2002, 04:48 PM
Ah here I am. Wiped out by all the festivities this weekend, LOL. I don't think I ate too bad, I just don't eat as much as I used too and Emmett keeps me hopping, but still could have done a lot better. Today is a new, better eating day, LOL. Otherwise, the m/s has let up quite a bit and I don't get carsick anymore (happy dance). Ah...
In Christ,
Pamela

MarvintheMartian
05-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Ahhhhhh... I'm so glad that you're starting to feel better! I have been too lately, although I did get really sick again last night... :( *sigh* Oh well! At least I'm not nearly as tired as I was before!

I really need to get out and do something! Hopefully, I can get back to Curves starting next week, but I'm gonna try to work up the energy to go out for a walk or something too... I'm starting to feel like a slug, and I know that they say that exercise can help energize you, so....