South Beach Diet - My take on the infamous "PB Cup"

View Full Version : My take on the infamous "PB Cup"

Shesaninja
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
I've been slowly trying to make my way back to being 'on the beach' but it's taking some work.

The last few nights after dinner I was craving sweets.

I decided to make one of the 'PB Cups' that I hear so much about but didn't have any natural peanut butter.

I took a handful of peanuts and put them in the food processor til they were super fine and poured them in a small bowl. Then I let a NSA fudgebar sit out for a few minutes then scraped that in with it. As soon as it was melted enough I stirred it all together.

It was amazing.
I imagine you could put them both in the food processor and blend them and then refreeze for a ice cream kinda thing. Or put in small dollops on a wax sheet for like PB bon bons.

:D

lene1974
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Great idea using the food processor. I love the "p.b cup" I make the one with the cool whip, natural p.b. and sf fudgesicle (sp?) . I haven't made one in awhile but I used to have one every night as my sweet treat for the day. YUM!

beachgal
08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Good for you, Shesa, for not letting your supplies affect how you ate--I love it when people are inventive! Doesn't it make you feel good to know that you're dedicated enough to not let things get in your way? :strong:

I actually met someone at a wedding this summer who had heard about the PB cup and she wasn't even on SBD!!! It's famous! :lol:

Loriann7
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM
What's sad is I've been on SB off and on for over a year (more strictly and evidently so the last month) and never heard of it!!!!!!!!

(my son says I live with my head in the sand (or in my case the bible).

Loriann7
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
OK, has anyone tried to freeze the pb cup to make it more like "ice cream"?

This is filling and quite good!

lene1974
08-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Loriann , I freeze mine. It really eases the pain when I watch my Dh and 3 kiddos scarf down their Ben and Jerry's on ice cream night.