Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default I always used to get Easter Monday off in Quebec

I have class today, but I am not bitter

EMTChick!! Congrats and welcome back!!! That is a great loss!

Belle: You don't want to know how much chocolate I have consumed this weekend. Thanks a lot though for your kind words. I am just kind of miffed that's all, but there are other guys out there. You're right though, I don't settle! and I definitely won't be his back-up!!

Ah it is raining, I am feeling fat, but that's okay. I am actually considering doing a body-for-life challenge. It's a tough nutrition/weight-training regime, but the results I have seen seem amazing!

Have a good day!

Ali
Old 04-01-2002, 09:54 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry

Hi Ali! I've heard amazing things about the body for life challenge. Let me know if you try it. And I don't blame you for being miffed about the guy, but you're right - if he thought you could be his back-up, he certainly doesn't deserve you!

I went to my first weigh-in on Saturday and lost 6.4 lbs!!!! I never lost that much in a week when I went for 5 months so I'm not sure how that happened. I think it is just because I have been eating really poorly lately and I'm sure a good part of it was water weight. But I'll take it!

I'm off to do some work since I wasn't here Friday (was at the spa! ) so I'll be back later.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #3  

Angry

Good morning Ali, Jen and everyone else!

Well, I am re-newed and ready to re-commit!!

I am staying on track today, and exercising! I want to lose these last 10 pounds in two months, I know I can do it!!

The weather here still sucks, woke up yesterday morning to snow, thank goodness it was gone by afternoon. I could really use some sunshine, some warm weather (50 degrees, at least!), and no wind!!!

Well, not much else new with me. Love my new office, and DH and I are still working on house stuff, should start digging in two months!

Check back later!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:03 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

This is no April Fools... a huge snow storm is going to hit us this afternoon! Can you believe it. Our winter has been so crazy!!!

I ate horrid this weekend. I think me new evil is soda. I drink way tooooo much of it. I count it during the week and fit it into my points, but on the weekends I don't. I rarely drink more than 1 can a day, so I guess that is better !!

Ali, we never EVER got Easter Monday off, now they do!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I was jipped as a kid! We have to work today!

Jen... That is AWESOME! I never lost that much!!

Tonya... my goal was 10 down by May 4, I am still working on it. That is why I started the Spring challenge, but it isn't inspiring me. Anyone want to really get this challenge going??? Please post if you do!

OK, back to work. My morning flew by!!!

Oh and Emma is officially is the Toddler Land today and she was so excited. Her little legs ran into the gym this morning to play!!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:19 PM   #5  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too bad. After working 12-hour days all last week, I was able to get out of work by 7 on Friday. On Saturday, BF and I got out of the house, had a nice lunch then drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway to a pretty spot called the Peaks of Otter. We had the dogs and took them on a little hike around a lake. It was SO NICE to get out of Roanoke and breathe some fresh air, not the air from the tire fire — which is still burning.

Sunday, I lolled around after actually going to church and went to a friend's house for a dinner party. There were about 15 of us and it was a lot of fun.

I avoided most candy, except for a few jelly beans and a Dove chocolate truffle egg I bought myself yesterday. Course, I had chocolate rum cake after dinner last night! It helps not having kids around on Easter when you want to avoid candy!

I decided I'm trying again to get back on track with this diet thing. Not sure if I'm going back to WW because I just don't seem to get anything out of it. I feel like I'm just throwing away money to listen to someone talk about stuff I already KNOW. The people in the meetings are always older than me and there's no camaderie. I think I really need to learn to do this on my own.

WHY isn't there a magic pill to take and make the weight just melt away?

Hi to everyone ... come out and say hi! I missed everyone last week!
Old 04-01-2002, 12:48 PM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

It's good have people back and posting again!!!

I'm having a not-so-great day. Money sucks. After I pay rent today, I'll have a little over $100 to last me until Friday. I HATE living paycheck to paycheck.

THEN my engine light goes on. Great. I can't afford to get my car fixed. I hope whatever it is is covered by my warrenty. I'm scared it won't. I called and they said to take it in tomorrow.

All I had were 4 mini-eggs all week. No other candy what-so-ever. I was proud.

So, WW wise I've done great this week. I went to the gym 6 times this week. Plus I ate my minimum every day except saturday, when I was 11 points over - but I had banked plenty. But I'm worried after doing so well, that if I don't lose at least a pound I'll get frustrated. I really hope I lose at least a pound. I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow!!!!

ALI - great to hear how you're doing. That boy doesn't know what he just gave up. His loss!!!

Jen - 6.4!!! Water or no water, you're 6.4 pounds lighter and that's awesome. What a great jumpstart!!! The spa? I'm so jealous!!!

Tonya - I think you can do 10 pounds in 2 months no prob. We'll have to let each other know how we're doing. My goal was to lose 21 pounds from Jan 1st to May 1st. I still have 8.5 to go! That seems like a lot to lose in 4 weeks. I'm going to try my best though.

JenL - HELLO!!! How are you? Soda? Do you not like diet soda? I drink diet cokes all the time. But if you don't like diet coke, Diet Dr. Pepper tastes EXACTLY like regular dr. pepper.

Kim - wow you had a bust week last week. Hope this week is better for you. You can get back on track. I know WW groups vary SO much from group to group and especially from leader to leader. I don't think people HAVE to go to WW, they can certainly do it on their own. But if you think that going to a meeting and knowing you have to WI might help, maybe yuo can find another night with another group. Maybe you'll find people your age there or a better leader. We all know enough to do this on our own. You know whether or not you need the group or not. If you don't think you do, then don't spend the money. If it's not working out you can always start back up again.

Okay - y'all take care.

Lisa
Old 04-01-2002, 02:35 PM   #7  

Lisa, the only diet sodas I can stomach are Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Cherry 7-Up. I tried Diet A&W and that's not too bad either. But I LOVE Coke. The regular stuff. I could drink more than what I do. I limit myself to 3 or so cans a WEEK! The rest is diet. That's not too bad, but I know I could do better without it. But then I worry that I will crave it and just binge anyway. I drink a lot of water, so I am not replacing water for soda. I drink at least 90 ounces a day. If I don't I feel rotten. On weekends sometimes I don't get all my water in and my stomach gets queezy.

Oh and if you have 8.5 pounds to lose by May 1, join our spring challenge!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 05:25 PM   #8  

I've popped into this forum from time to time but have not stuck with posting. I'm a major lurker so feel like I know all of you. I'll try harder to stick around this time and contribute.

No Easter set back for me since I didn't celebrate, but did have potluck at work today. For the rest of the week my only special hurdle is dinner with a friend Wednesday night at Olive Garden.

I live in a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota, so I can relate to the snow stories of Jen and Tonya. It was snowing when I woke up this morning and quit about 3pm. Looks like we only got 2 inches or so and it stopped before rush hour so that's nice. We're supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend, woohoo!!

Well, I'm looking forward to joining you great 20-somethings and will chat with you tomorrow.

Noelle
Old 04-01-2002, 05:47 PM   #9  

Welcome Noelle. It is now snowing here. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches and it is supposed to get slippery. I think because it is getting dark now, no sun to melt it. I decided not to go to my meeting tonight because it is a 40 minute drive into the storm. I don't mind tho, I have a business trip this weekend so I want to spend some family time at home before I go. Emma always gets crabby when I am gone!!!

I get to go home in 14 minutes and counting!
Old 04-01-2002, 07:20 PM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Whew! Easter is finally here!!

Hey Kirsty, how is the ice cream? My chocolate tastes heavenly!!!
I officially re-started WW again today. I went shopping for an easter outfit and had to buy an 18 again. I'm bummed, but I'm not letting it phase me. I'm ready to get back into motion!!
Speaking of weather...ours here is gorgeous!! It was almost 80 degrees today! Tomorrow night, it'll get colder again.
DH is sick with a stomach bug. Immodium AD is not working!
Well, I'm going to walk the dog now. I really really need the excercise!!
OH! btw...The rumor at work is the internet filter won't be around much longer. The big-wigs on the executive board complained!
hehehe
Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2002, 08:24 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals,

Hope you all had a good Easter. We did but the trip was tiring. I ate way over everyday. I didn't even bother to try counting points. Today I have a stomach virus thingy going on. I stayed home from work & I still feel not well. I am hoping I'll be better enough that I can go to work tomorrow. We gave notice on our apartment today. We're going to find a house to rent closer to the university. Hopefully tomorrow we'll look at a few places. Other than that not much to contribute. Nice to see a few new faces. Sorry I'm not going to comment on everyone's conversation today. I am going to go lay down some more. Hopefully I'll talk to you tomorrow & I'll be all better? Take care

-Rina
Closed Thread