30-Somethings - The Plan

View Full Version : The Plan

hadaad
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
So, I have a tentative plan, so far, regarding my weight loss.

For a week, starting today, I'm going to write down everything I eat. Everything. I just have to convince myself of that.

Then I'm going to start planning what I eat and sticking to that plan.

I don't know anything about calorie counting but I know I eat too much at night.

As for activity, I've started running, I'm on a soccer team and I ride my bike when the weather is agreeable. (That's right, I'm a bit of a powder-puff when it comes to rain or snow)

I haven't decided if I'm going to journal about my progress or not, but it seems like a good idea. If I do, I'll definitely post a link to it here.

JazzyJazz
08-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Good Luck, I started a journal. I like writing how I feel and watch the progress.

guppy23
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a good plan hadaad!

I like the idea of journalling - I've done the odd entry but nothing consistent.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Oh, and :wave: to a fellow Canuck (I'm in Manitoba)!

tater tash
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
It wasn't until I was a good 5 months into trying to lose weight that I started keeping a food journal, and boy did it make a difference! It helped alot to unerstand where I was going wrong and where I needed to improve when it came to my diet. I lost weight more quickly and started getting very familiar(obsessed kind of, but I like it) with calories.
It's great when it comes to things like eating too much at night, because when I started my journal.. I would be so close to taking a bite of something and then think "I'm going to have to write this down.. Do I really want to read this in the morning?" Usually, it wouldn't be worth it and my mindless snacking had pretty much diminished.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you! And congratulations on moving forward towards your weight loss goals.
=]

hadaad
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you all.
I have started a weight-loss blog. I will post the link to it once I have gained access to that functionality.

I ran 5k last night and officially weighed in at 236.6 (but I'll call it 237). So far, I've been able to keep my food journal up and I will work to keep it as up-to-date as I can.