Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Default Back!!!! *Big Group Hugs*

Hey hey!!! It's been a solid two months since I've been around.

And let me just get this out immediately: I've made a grand ol' mess of my healthy ways.

The history:

As many of you may know, I've been out of the country for 7 weeks on business. I did not have weekly WW meetings to attend. And, unfortunately, slow & spotty internet access meant I couldn't lean on 3FC as much as I wished.

Aside from that, I had tools at my fingertips that I simply turned away from. (Such as a workable gym at the hotel, and healthy enough options from the menu.)

But, I remember it clearly enough... my slip n' slide off of my normal healthy path that is... the one night I decided "Oh look, pizza on the menu, why not?"

Sadly, one night of pizza was not enough for me. And instead of returning to choosing things that I felt better with, I chose to just let myself eat almost nothing but crap for weeks. WEEKS!

Even worse, last week I returned home, but did I try my hardest to reset my body and eat better or even just exercise? Ha! I ate a solid 6 months worth of junk food in a week. I binged like I had only a week to eat food for the rest of my life.

I've made poor choices before, but I believe this takes the cake. (And believe me it did take the cake...)

The future:

One step at a time. Wiping the slate clean. Get to my WW meeting to get weighed in and have a "starting again" point. That's right. I'm not really sure how much I weigh. (Never a good thing.)

So this week? Make sure I have my tracker, and healthy foods stocked up in my house.

And then next? Get my gym bag packed, cuz it's walkin' time!

The present:

I feel like crap. And rightly so, thank goodness!

It's good to take a look back, and to write out a path for the future, but every step forward in weight loss takes place right here in this very moment. There is so much potential in the now.

I refuse to go out like this! Not after how long I've worked for what I have.

Even writing this, I can feel that haze of indifference lifted, that foggy about food feeling parting & that old smoldering commitment sparking back to life.

I choose to return to my new & glorious healthy normal.

---

So, if you read this, Thank you!

I know I can turn back into the supportive embrace & the tough love of 3FC.

I cannot do this alone.

I've missed everyone.

Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

WELCOME BACK!!!!!! You're a huge influence on 3FC! I noticed you'd been gone forever! I hope despite everything, you had a good time on your travels - and it's great to see that you're diving right back in to things!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Thank you, Eskimo! I'm happy to see you're around ^_^
Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Faerie - Thank goodness you're back!

I've done the 6 weeks off thing, too (Christmas last year...NOT PRETTY). Just get right back on.

to you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Me too. I was gone a good 3-4 months. Big mistake! I'd be in onederland by now if I stuck around. I'll never do that again. I'm so glad you're back Faerie!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Mandalinn! - I'm so happy to be back! You're support means so much to me. And absolutely. Right back on track.

Gela - Should'ves, could'ves & would'ves, right? We'll do it right this time around. We'll get to Onederland & beyond even if it takes a little longer due to a detour.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Faaaaeeerrrrrieeeee! You're back!

I was starting to wonder about you, I knew you were slated to return mid-August. I am excited to see you back!

I know where you're coming from, and I can see where you are headed. You know better than anybody that you have a strong will and great spirit and will pick yourself up and continue forward. You are such an inspiration to us all! It's good to be reminded that even our idols are human sometimes

I hope you had a fantastic time in India!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Suite!!!! Missed you & your happy face

I see you made your 10% while I was on hiatus. So belated congratulations to you!!! (You go girl ^_^)

No worries, I'll be back over to our Flex Talk in no time.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Sure did, thanks for the congrats! True to form, though, it's been a month since and I'm only down a couple more lbs Not a whole lot has changed, huh?

Between you and me we should be able to get the Flex Talk going again - it has been neglected far too long!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #10  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Faerie!

You were missed!!!! Well, we've all been there! YOU can do it! You're already on your way again, acknowledging it, owning it and making a plan, now carry it out... on to the next thing!

Hope you had a great trip and saw lots of interesting things and people

So happy to have you back sharing your struggles and successes!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #11  
Made of Starstuff

Suite - Sure a lot has changed. You've lost a few lbs And don't you ever downplay that!

Manick - Thank you so much. I feel so much better just admitting my failings. Ignoring them doesn't really help to move on...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 262/ See Ticker / 150

Height: 5' 4"

Faerie is back! Faerie is back!

I sure have missed you woman! I have thought about you A LOt and wondered how you were doing!

Ehh... you will get back on track in no time! This is why you are such an inspiration... you show that there is no giving up!
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

Chey ^_^ Congratulations on reaching that mini-goal recently. You're doing soooo well! I'm so happy to see that. Can't wait to catch up with everyone!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Welcome back, Miss Faerie!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:35 AM   #15  
Made of Starstuff

Thank you, Jane! Hee Hee "Miss Faerie". I rather enjoy that!