General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Exclamation Eeeeep!!!!

I'm not hugely independent... I'm very close with my mum and I practically need her to hold my hand when it concerns hospitals/doctors.

Anyway, she has gone on a little vacation with my stepfather so I'm alone for pretty much the first time ever, which is pretty scary anyway. I have under-active thyroids so take meds for this and today I've accidentally taken four times my dose... Called the docs and I have an apt. for an hours time but I am SOOO nervous. I worry about everything anyway but I just cant sit still.

How on Earth did I do such a stupid thing? I'm sure everything will be fine but I hate going to the docs anyway and am just dreading that they send me off to hospital for tests or something
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5ft7in

Wow! hope all is okay!
Pixiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have done the right thing by making an appointment to be checked.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

The doctor said I'm fine and just need to take it easy. It was so scary though my heart was hammering & I felt so edgy. Thanks for the concern and support guys... I was pretty terrified.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #5  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Awww, Spoz! I'm glad you're okay!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad you're okay! When I'm nervous about the doctors, I may do the following: Bring a small CD player and headphones or an ipod, a book to read, a snack if you can have one, a stuffed toy (my DD gave me a little bear when I went to the dentist, and it did help) You could also try the tapping technique by Paul McKenna, just google it! It's an acupressure method for reducing anxiety, and I've found it works on me when I'm upset. (McKenna uses it to stop food cravings, but it helps in any anxiety situation.) Good luck!

Last edited by Kofarq; 08-12-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #7  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I also HAVE to bring my ipod with me. Especially to the dentist. I've had a LOT of work done (long story short, my orthodontist in Bosnia *purchased* his degree from Kuwait, so it took a long time of undoing the damage to recorrect my bite) and one of my dental assistants ran out to her car and brought her ipod back for me to listen to one particularly scary time. Since then - I'm hooked. I don't leave home without it when it comes to any doctor wait.

Last edited by GradPhase; 08-12-2008 at 11:16 AM.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote