Support Groups - The Lo Carb Mother's Day Trip

View Full Version : The Lo Carb Mother's Day Trip

1fralick
04-01-2002, 07:00 AM
Day1

It's Monday and raining.

WHo's on the bus? Check in.

Keep the "director" posted daily on your progress, plans success and "speed bumps"

nasus40
04-01-2002, 12:02 PM
Day 1

OP so far although it is early I will be charing my foods and water.

and exercise

e- slow today did not go very far did not warm up enough and ended up with cramps in the legs wehn trying to run my shins were really in pain and so were my calves, will take more potassioum as i willl be losing much wehn i diurese from the water retention (even my eyes are puffy)

f-

w- 2 20 oz of coffee so far and 8 of water.

1fralick
04-02-2002, 06:50 AM
April 1 report.

The day was miserable weather wise, both outside and inside mt head. The brief side trip into carbville on saturday kept me craving most of the day. But I resisted!! just made me miserable.

Got my water in
Ate OP all day.
worked out for 45 mins in the morning.

I want to weigh 222#!!

I am carrying a couple of #'s of fluid UGH! It must be gone!!!!

Loungekitten
04-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Okay, I am new here, but I am on the bus!
Mother's Day is a good goal for me to work towards, because I am suppose to go to Vegas the weekend before, and I don't want to scare everyone if I put on a swim suit on. I am currently just trying to eat healthy, go to the gym and drink 8 glasses of water a day. I am sick of fad diets! It is the gym part that is killing me! :eek: I went to the store and bought myself some gold stars, so everyday that I work out, I put a star on my calendar. Silly, but it is nice to look and see a calendar full of stars, helps keep me motivated! Anyways, just wanted to check in and say goodluck to everyone!

LK

nasus40
04-02-2002, 01:58 PM
LK great to have you aboard. the stars are a great motivator. many use that method!!!

I am an avid workouter so if you need some on on your back I will be there and it is twice as hard with me on your back just ask Pat!

today i did 20 min walking at 5%grade at 3.5 - 4 MPH tough on the shin cramps I think i like running better! then did hard upperbody workout. I amy not be able to type tomorow so i am doing this today!! :lol:

I was a bit high on the carbs yesterday but much lower than the last weeks, the water was good to.

today is goal for water carbs, protein I will let you know how I do.

1fralick
04-03-2002, 06:43 AM
LK- A huge welcome!!! I like your name. Stars are a great visual motivator. I have never been to vegas.

Hey Sue that is true, you are a dedicated exerciser and have built so much endurance etc. Are you still seeing the cabana boy?

Well

Day 2 report.

I am sad to say that I ate 2 not 1 but 2 pieces of cake. To be honest with you I could have rolled naked in it ( sorry for that visual). :( :dizzy: :mad: :o .

BUt I m aback on track, of course it is only 5:30 am and how much trouble can I get into? My plan for today is strictly Atkinsish. The metal taste is gone teh scale held at 229# this am. SO I probably won't see a loss this week.

Will let you know how the rest of my day goes tomorrow.

Good luck everybody.

Any more lurkers want t o sign on?

nasus40
04-03-2002, 07:32 PM
EEEWWW I understand the need. that is where i was last week! but just as the ketosis is not there that does not mean you will not see a loss, just pretend that today was a CAD and keep OP for the rest of the time.

I did not to bad today OP all the way till DD gave me 7 black jelly beans and 1 mini piece of dark chocoalte. i saved the yellow beans for another day i may just save them for mothers day!! LOL that is all the bad things I did today but i will say less than 60 carbs today and that is where my goals is as wih the exercise i need to be higher on the carbs

Yes i do see my cabana boy he gave me a big upper body yesterday (workout) I am a bit tender today

today i did 3 miles on the elliptical 34 min of hard workout! i was planning on doing 3 miles running but all the treadmills were being used.

So report in LK how did your day go???

Pat how is the day today?? no more cake? and exercise??

1fralick
04-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Hi, Day 3 was much better

water good

worked out in the morning

OP all day NO CAKE!!

Much better

The scale says 228# this morning. SO I will probably be able to stay the same tomorrow

Nice workout sue!!!!

Hey LK how are things going?

Loungekitten
04-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone,
Yesterday sucked! Had a bad headache for most of the day. Stayed home from work because of it. So all I did all day was eat! Tried to keep it healthy but then the Easter Basket full of Chocolate just kept calling my name! I made my husband take it to work this morning so all his coworkers could eat it! I still went to the gym, I did 15 minutes on the Elliptical, 15 minutes on the bike and then 30 minutes of weight training (Arms and stomache). so hopefully today will be better! I am thinking about a nice big salad for lunch! 8:00 in the morning and I am already thinking about lunch! And the last bad thing was I gained 2 lbs. I hope it is water weight! Hope you guys have a good day!

-LK

nasus40
04-04-2002, 11:09 PM
LK i know you do not do low carb but if you have been eating tons of sugar for the easter week and now have cut down on the amount of sugar you may be having a carb withdrawl.

is not uncommon to have a headache especially when comming down from carb high (I am having one all day today) and feeling verry yuchy. that will pass in a few days (I keep telling my self) My jelly beanns are calling me i had about 8 of them today i must throw them out!!! I willc ontinue o eat them till they are gone and the kids really do not like them but i srue do!!!

the rest of the day was fine. much running not as good on the water as i would have liked but great considering the running i did.

eating was good except the jelly beans

exercise YES 20 min wlak on the treadminll and then lower body hard!!! My cabana boy!!!:devil:

Pat I think you have sent the cake down here I have been fighting all day!!! I am getting rid of the jelly beans!! (tomorow)

gbo
04-05-2002, 02:47 AM
Girls, I am here with you! Doing well but Tom dropped in today with a vengence. My legs puffed up so I am now almost scared of the scale. Will I ever know what my weight is??????????

It is so funny really everything has jumped up to bounce me around but HA HA I will know eventually!!!!!

I am doing great. Very OP. I even attended a church function last week and made one of my all but the floor sweepings salads and my darlings it was huge. They wiped it out and never even used the dressings! We have a town function to go to Saturday evening and after a day of painting the livingroom who knows what shape we will be in. But I am moving , moving , moving and on my own steam. Hubbys family will be here the 19th and there is so much to do!!! I am a very busy girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I amy be here off and on for several weeks but I will be here as much as possible. Love you all.
Pam

1fralick
04-05-2002, 06:26 AM
Well
Day 4 was ok except no workout. UGH. Very Atkins like and teh craving for candy are a low murmur!

Sue I am sorry about the cake . Yes just throw those evil eggs away!! Great work out as usual.

LK- I hope your head is better! ANd we always have a fresh start!!! Evil bunny anyway!

Pam The salad sounds great! It is nice that you are getting yourself out and about!

I am going ahead to day 5! 36 days till Mother's Day

Are we going to make it girls?

You bet we are!!!

Loungekitten
04-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Good Morning All!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good!

Yesterday was much better. Finally recovered from all the meds I had to take for my headache. Felt hungover all day! I get chronic migraines, so my medication is heavy duty. Today I am feeling great! I did very well yesterday. Eggs for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and pot roast for dinner. We went out for dinner and I had the waiter not even put the potato on my plate! If it is not on my plate, then I can't eat it! Did great on the water! I keep one of the 1.5 liter bottles at my desk at work and try to drink one and a half a day! Then at the gym I feel like I drink about 10 gallons! Gym was good too, did the rowing machine for 15, bike for 20 and weight training for my back and legs! Lost all the water weight that I gained. Woo Hoo! :D

Hope everyone's day is goes well! And let's keep up the good work.

nasus40
04-06-2002, 07:54 PM
I ran for 4 miles friday but my hip is hurting today like it was when i was doing the belly dancing it is not the hip itself but where the muscles attatch to the illiac crest (the high area on the bone that sticks out) so no exercise for a few day till it calms down it is sore to the touch I am not sure what it is) just load up on ibuprofen i guess)

Bad day for food today too check out the daily but am trying to get back OP. could have been worse but today i just was too stressed out the kids were not the problem but the son of mine did me in today i was searching the house for their easter baskets i can safely say there is no more candy in the house!!!! not thatthere was much in the first place but it is definatly gone today!!!

si LK i am back to i think i can i think i can i think i can!!!

nasus40
04-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Guess who I have heard from!!! DANA!!!

She will be back some time soon!

tornadoterr
04-08-2002, 12:36 AM
HELLO all you wonderful people!!!! I SURE HAVE MISSED YOU ALL.........I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT A COMPUTER FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS NOW..... AND I JUST NOW SIGNED ON AND THE FIRST THING I DID WAS TO COME HERE........TALK ABOUT WITHDRAWLS HEHEHE

WE HAD A TREE FALL ON THE HOUSE WHICH PULLED OUR ENERGY CABLE LOOSE FROM OUTSIDE THE HOUSE WHICH CAUSED A POWER SURGE THRUOUT SOME APPLIANCES, OUR SURGEPROTECTOR THAT WE HAD FOR THE COMP, PRINTER, ETC LITERALLY MELTED INTO THE CARPET.....WHEW,,,,,AND IT STUNK!!! IT ALSO BLEW OUT OUR FURNACE SO WE HAD NO HEAT AND WOULDNT YA KNOW IT WAS THE COLDEST WEEK OF THE WHOLE WINTER .....HAD TO STAY AT HOTEL, BOARD THE DOG, AND JUST KEEP CALLING AND WAITING FOR REPAIR MEN TO SHOW UP.........WHAT A MESS.....ANYWHOOO.....IM BACK....I SURE MISSED TALKING TO ALL OF YOU....I WILL HAVE TO SPEND SOME TIME THIS WEEK READING BACK POSTS TO CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE.......

JUST HAD TO POP IN HERE REAL QUICK...IM OFF TO BED BUT HAD TO STOP IN TO SAY HI......JUST GOT IT UP AND RUNNING (KIDS WENT THRU WITHDRAWLS ALSO).....WILL HAVE TO FIGHT THEM FOR TIME , I'M SURE......HEHE

TAKE CARE AND ITS GREAT TO BE HERE!!!!!:)

lodyangel
04-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I am glad to hear Dana is okay!

Sue- A cabana Boy???? OHHHH Do TELL!!!!

I am in! I have been doing so well with my workouts, that I should be able to see some kind of change in my body soon! I wish the dieting would get easier....i HAVE TO FIND SOME OF THAT GUM!!! i WILL START BACK O MY CHROMIUM. tHAT REALLY HELPED...

You guys have a great day! Welcome LK! I like your name too.

nasus40
04-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Did 3 miles on the Elliptical today. 34 min of sheer all out go!!! what a great sweat!!! No weights today.

Staying OP today. I did eat tacos but that was the only off plan foods so the carb count was not to bad.

eggs with fiber one
tacos
2 hard boiled eggs
huge hunch of steak and spinache

tons of water!!!

Loungekitten
04-08-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I had a nice weekend! My husband and I went antique shopping, and I must of walked at least 5 miles, it was in an outdoors at a naval shipyard. I also got very sunburnt! Tried to lift some weights but it hurt my arms to much to move them! :cry: So I just did the treadmill for 45 at 4.5 mph, I was so beat I thought I was going to fall over. Must of been all the sun!

Hello to everyone new (or at least new to me! :D )

Did good today, had a hardboiled egg for breakfast, a salad for lunch, and nothing for dinner...yet...still at work for now!

I am going to start working with the medicine ball, I hear they are great for working the stomache muscles. Hopefully my burn won't hurt me to bad tonight! I also got one of the rubber bands so I can do leg exercise at my desk! Anyways getting long winded here! Hope you all are doing well!!!

-LK

lodyangel
04-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Hello All! I am happy and Optimistic today...!!!

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical last night... a good workout. I love that machine...after the ankles clear up and I lose a few more pounds, I will begin running. I have a goal to run a 5K in September, and I am running Out of time!!!!

How is everyone else doing???

nasus40
04-09-2002, 01:30 PM
I am hangin in there especialy today!! I am excited and ready for a great week!!!

so far today i have had
1 shake
eggs and fiber one
cabbage

exercise 20 min wlaking a 3% grade of 2.7 MPH

very hard upperbody workout

LK you did great 4.5??? for 45 min??? WHOOO HOOOO and i was happy with what i did??

hey girl you do need to eat more though. have a few eggs for breakfast. very important to have the protein for your muscles. and to take in enough calories. you do not want to starve your body then it will hold on the all the weight that you eat, whis is what we do not want.

Loungekitten
04-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Good morning all!

I know I need to eat more! I was having severe "girl problems" yesterday, and my appetite was zero! I made myself have a steak and veggies for dinner. I had a light workout last night, I did the bike for 20 mins, but only had my heart rate @128. Then a little weight training. It was hard cause all I wanted to do was take a bath and go to bed!

Today I have been ravenous! It is barely 9:00 a.m. and I have had two eggs and bacon for breakfast, and I can't wait for lunch! So hungry! ;)

I love the elliptical too! The one at my gym has the "cross-training" option on it so it will tell you to work the arms only, then the legs only, the go fast, then go backwards! It is a great workout! I know that you will be able to do your 5K in Sept. Just need to keep focusing on your goal! :cool:

I hope that you all have a good day!

-LK

nasus40
04-09-2002, 11:21 PM
LK I saw your meals and got worried. I see to many people try to cut out too much food and well as we all know then end up eating much more than theynned to. so I was worried.

I did great till DH needed to make the frosting for the gents cake bake so i had to help him and the only way i can tell if it is right is to taste it ans well i tasted and tasted as i was making a double recipe and well the bol was not big enough for the whole thing so i had to make sure it was ok. but anyeays i had too much frosging but still did great otherwise. i think i maxed out 60 carbs!!! I am feeling much better. and OMG my cabana boy really did me in for my chest. It hurts so good!!! wait till tomorow i will hurt not so good!! I will be taking my creatinine!!!

tornadoterr
04-09-2002, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone!!:wave: ....
Sounds like everyone is doing great!!! I have been OP for the past 5 days now,,still working on the exercise but it will come...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi...keep up the good work!!!!

Oh, does anyone know what happened to Dana (our bus driver???)

Take care

lodyangel
04-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Hello All!

I waited until after 10:00 to do my upper body workout, and by that time ai was too wore to finish it. I will complete the second half this afternoon and do my 20 minutes on the elliptical as well.

I am on program today. I bought some energy bars to help with my occasional chocolate cravings. I also ordered that gum I told you a few days back...I will let you know if it works.

Ladies have a great day!

Loungekitten
04-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Hello All!

I'm a little late checking in today! Work was crazy today! I hate early morning conference calls with our corporate office for two reasons 1) They are early in the morning! and 2) They always bring in doughnuts. I am like Homer Simpson when it comes to doughnuts! Can't resist the sugary goodness of a doughnut. They are evil :devil: I tell ya! So I had a steak and peas for lunch. Did horrbile on water today too, unless it came in the form of coffee, I was not drinking it!

3 miles on the elliptical, well that's just nuts! I would of fallen off about 1.5 miles! Good for you! :strong: I like doing one day of week of an "all out I am going to go as fast as I can till I fall over" workout.

Hope you all have a great day!

-Lori

1fralick
04-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Hi,

Need to really check in!

Food wise have been ok until yesterday. When LK's evinl donut got me. Left home w/o eating and was starved!UGH! I had a 1/2 a apple fritter. Then about 20 purple sweet tarts. Other than that was OP

Will restart the workouts MONDay

Way to go everyone else!

lodyangel
04-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Hello All! Just checking in. I walked over two miles yesterday. I did the first 20 minutes BFL style with intervals the rest, I just walked. My high point during intervals, I jogged for a minute. I jogged really easy because of my ankles, but hey at least I did it.

Stayd Op for most the day, fell off toward the end. Need to get ahold of all these cravings I've got. Anyone know about any good apppetite suppressents?

Yesterday was beautiful! Sunshine and upper 60's. Today it's suppose to be in the mid 70's!!!!!!!!! I love Spring!! Isn't it great!

Hope you guys have a fantastic day!

Loungekitten
04-11-2002, 01:47 PM
Morning all!

Today is much better than yesterday! Resisted the urge for doughnuts (they brought them in again!!) and went and got myself a small fruit salad and some cheese. I just need to keep doing that. Anytime some bad food wants to tempt me with it's evil ways, I need to go get myself a healthy alternative. The only thing that I can't seem to give up is the coffee. I thought that if I stopped putting sugar in it I wouldn't like it anmore, but I like it more! I have cut back to one (big) cup a day.

Didn't work out yesterday. It was my day off! I really wanted to go, but my husband reminded me that it is not good for you to go every day. So we went for a nice walk to the video store and got a movie which I highly recommed it is it is an Italian film called Bread and Tulips (be warned it has subtitles). It was about a womans journey to finding herself!

Melody - I like the twin labs diet fuel. But do not take to recommended dose, they say to take 3 before every meal, but I did and It made me so jacked up. I was like a chuhuahua that drank to much espresso! I take 1 before every meal and tat works fine. It just kind of curbs your appetite, it doesn't get rid of it all together!

Hope everyone had a good day!

-LK

nasus40
04-11-2002, 11:46 PM
I ran a bit today I went 1 mile at 5 MPH not bad slower and shorter till I am all better. I love the elliptical!! I am sure that you could do it some time. I have been working on the machine for quitte a whiel almost a yeat so I still want to do the running so i will slowly do more till i can get back to do it. I know not to push too hard or i will end up with an injury.

I will not even talk diet today. so do not even ask!! LOL I did a killer lower body workout yesterday and a great upperbody again today (different muscles) back and tris and gut!!!

LK when you do your workout do what the BFL book recomends

alternate days for your cardio and weights
severel exercises for your upper body one day then the next weight day the lowerbody. and it is very intensive and very hard and you work out and you feel it!!!! any question s melody is doing it I also have done it but am doing a modified version. (as i work with a trainer i need to follow his recommendation when we work togeter)

You will find that you can work out every day with one day off (I do not alwasy take it but you do rest your muscles groups for up to 4 days such as upperbody cardio- lowerbody- cardio so tehre is up to 4 days of rest per muscle group.

well girls must get to bed!!! have a great day!

lodyangel
04-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Girls!

It is beautiful yet again today! TGIF!!! It is suppose to be in the 60's with a chance of showers...I am so excited spring has sprung!

I will not talk about my diet either! I am going back to CAD beginning Monday though. This BFL diet is killing me! I am starving! And the extra carbs are keeping me bloated!

I took yesterday off from working out. My shins were so sore from walking:o and my one minute jog, so I decided that a lower body weight workout would not be a good idea.

So today is lower body strength training for me! I would like to take a walk too, but I probably won't get to...today is pay day....grocery day...and baby's first hair cut day! She is getting her bangs trimmed! And I am getting mine cut!

I will talk at you ladies later! If I don't get back on, have a lovely weekend!

Loungekitten
04-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Happy Friday All!

Okay so what is the BFL book and where can I get it! I have been following the Atkins diet, but it is kind hard for me because I love fruit! I was thinking about trying the caveman diet, which is also low carbs, but it also tells you to eat whole grains.

Last night's workout was just swell! Did some weight training on my thighs, cause lord knows the need the most work! And then did the bike for 12 miles on random hills. My biggest problem is that I am pear shaped, so the more weight I loose the more noticable it is. My legs just do not want to get smaller! Damn them!

I had my check up yesterday, seems like running is out for me, I am not all that upset about, I hated running! He also highly recommended that I don't do any step aeorbic classes either! I can live with that too! So it is the bike and the elliptical from now on! I have always had bad knees, and it seems that they are getting worse! Great, not even 30 yet, and I alreay have arthritis! I am not that worried because there are far worst fates in life.

Okay I don't want to end on a down note, so here is a little joke:
Upon waking up, a woman told her husband, "I just dreamed that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"

"You'll know tonight," he said.

That evening, the man came home with a package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, she opened it up to find a book titled, The Meaning of Dreams.

-LK

nasus40
04-12-2002, 03:16 PM
LK that is soo funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just like my dh to do that!!!

I am doing good so far but i have only eaten one meal so i must go and eat more!!!

but as fior BFL is is found in places like kmart and walmart. in the book section. (hard to keep on the shelf) it does a more higher carb and has a specific diet to follow. there is a plan that ia a bit different it is a Body Rx and i am not usre who the author is but it is similar to BFL but NO cardio!!! the diet plan is a bit high on the carb end but mre manageaboe and tweakable to fir into a low carb style. May people doing the PP woe is doing this BRx and doing better with it. you may llike that one better, they do have progrssive worlouts like that BFL and there is dramatic changes in the body but it is all weights which i llike but have not gotten the book.

workouts yesterday i ran for 1 mile at only 5 mph slow and steady and today i did 1 mile at 6 mph no pain except the tenderness that i already have. todayi did a bit of a lower workout yeterday was upper

well i must go and eat before i get too hungry

tornadoterr
04-12-2002, 09:51 PM
HI ALL!!!!

Put me in for the Mothers Day trip----10 lbs gone by then....I sure am trying to do that!!!! I just need to get some exercise in and that seems to be the most difficult thing for me to do....I must try harder......

sounds like everyone is doing great.....Lets keep the motivations going ...........Summer is just around the corner and I want to be able to wear shorts comfortably......

Talk to ya later.

nasus40
04-12-2002, 11:03 PM
I have the determination and now I have the means (I had that before but was struguling to get it together latley.) so I have decided to do it official to do the BFL that is a 12 week program but to do low carb with it!!! that will get me through the next 4 weeks for mothersday push and then on to my anniversary!!!

melody thanks for the motivation to get back to BFL and to LK for the questions!!!!. I will get my book out again this week and go over it (it is so motivational).

I am soo excited to get this going!!!

Terri so glad that you have joined us again. this is a great thing to keep the motivation going!!

lodyangel
04-15-2002, 09:45 AM
Hello Ladies,

LK- I know how you feel. I am only 28 and I have arthritis in my ankles, knees, wrists, and elbows, and it sucks. However it could be worse, so I shall not complain too much.

Well this weekend was super busy, did not work out. Beginning today I am on CAD for life. No more switching, or experimentation. Low carb works for me, so I must get back to it. I am not looking forward to the carb withdraw again, but I will get through it. Tuesday will be the worst, and then It will get better from there. I will make sure to buy some tylenol, and keep it in my purse for tomorrow.

I slept most the day yesterday. We all did. It rained all day.

Today is suppose to be kind of nice....scattered showers, and 78 degrees. Tomorrow is suppose to be in the eighty's!!!!! I love it!

You ladies, have a wonderful day!

Loungekitten
04-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

I had the same epiphany this weekend Sue! There is no reason I can't do this except for me. If I get a craving for some chips, I need to stop at the fridge and pull out some carrot sticks! Or if I want cake, I need to got get a banana or a peach! Keeping the carbs down, but still eating health. And if I go a little over on the carbs, well then at least they are coming from an all natural source, and they are good for me! I went grocery shopping this weekend and bought lots of meat and veggies, then totally skipped the pasta/rice isle.

Exercise was good this weekend, went to the gym on saturday, then went for a long walk with my husband to the beach then came home and did my pilates tape. I am not flexable at all! She was pulling her leg over her head, and I was lucky if I got mine to waist level!

I hope eveyone has a great day!!:D

nasus40
04-15-2002, 06:03 PM
LK that is too funny!!! i have heard lots of pilaties but have never seen any of it. I will say that i am fairly flexable so that usually is not a problem but i need to keep on working on it to keep that way. I love it when i get that sudden revelation. I know that i will be great for a while i just need to keep the momentum and i will be at goal. But who know si am not going to weigh in. my scale is outside and the otherone does not work. I even been staying away from the ones at the gym.

I had a great talk with several ladies at the gym and it was about my business and i may have more customers so i am excited. so that is going to be my focus for a while. but it will not change my determination cuz things are looking up for this, and that makes me excited and well then i am ready to rip into my woe!!!

diet is good today besides w/o today i went for a bike ride with myson and we went several miles today and had fun it was a slow and steady pace but it did get me to have a sweat!

lodyangel
04-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Hello ladies!

It sems we are working out and enjoying life right now.

I took a 3 mile walk with my sister. She is getting married in June, and I get to be a bridesmaid! I will have to lose some weight.

I am Op today and plan to stay that way. Bacon for breakfast,and so far 1/2 pint of water...not a bad start. It's better than I have been doing.

There is a quote in the BFL book that really stuck with me...."IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL." I have taken this quote to heart lately. I fail to plan my workouts, and more importantly my meals. Meals must be planned, or I will cheat. So last night I thought of what I was going to do to keep me from blowing my diet today. I got straight up out of bed, and put three pieces of turkey bacon in the microwave, and went to get ready. I ate that before I left the house....VOILA! Breakfast. I brought cheese, pepperoni, and beef jerky, for snacks if I need them. Lunch todaywill be (school) BBQ chicken- YUCK...but it will keep me from blowing it, Dinner, my reward meal will be italian subs :love:, an orange, a veggie, and water...no soda for me today!

I am motivated, and I am ready to to see some results! I am tired of my fat suit. I can do this, we can do this!!!!:strong:

nasus40
04-16-2002, 03:37 PM
whooo melody you are rearing to go!!!

I am doing good this morning. I ate my eggs, and brussels and tuna what a combo but they were at different times. :lol:

exercise was a mush of a bunch of different things but i did my lower body work out and i told my cabana boy that this is it for us. he was not worried he said i have many people waiting to get on with him he will just fill my spot with some one till i can get back on my feet. i said that i was not worried that he could fill my spot but that it would be not available when i was able to come back!! :cry:

well that is it for me tons of work to do!!!

Loungekitten
04-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Go Melody! You are right, I do a lot better when I plan my meals. My big thing is taking my lunch to work with me. That seems to help me alot, because if I don't I end up getting a sandwich and some chips.

Sorry to hear you had to loose you cabana boy Sue! I am sure that you will be reunited again soon!

Glad to see that everyone has been doing good. I have been OP for two days, without one little slip! Been drinking tons of water and doing good at the gym! Been trying to work up to 45 minutes of cardio. I did 30 on the rowing machine last night. I met this woman who had a great body, and she told me all she does was the trowing machine. I am not going to drop my weight training (I like that part of it!) but I want arms like this woman had!!

I hope you all had a good day!

LK

lodyangel
04-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Well everyone, I wish I could report that I am OP....but I slipped yesterday. managed to stay Op so far today! Did not work out either.....too busy with the kids. Had a fight with BF....got so mad at him, I slept in the kids room on an air mattress. Needless I did not sleep...

Rain is coming....my ankles are hurting today.

Sue- Are you warm???? I saw where NY was having temps in the 90's!! ANd I thought we were warm down here!!! You guys have a nice day!

lodyangel
04-23-2002, 11:09 AM
Hello All...this trip is getting quiet....Where are all of you????

The plan for today is drink lots of water, and to work out....Friday is coming!