South Beach Diet - I'm Craving....

View Full Version : I'm Craving....

Loriann7
08-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Salad! Thats right, Salad! Am I the only one that has found I need at least one if not two salads a day? I have so much more energy when I have an abundance of veggies than when I don't!

I've also found that I'm anemic! YUP! Someone here mentioned it to me when I mentioned I chew ice. I researched and found that anemics have concentration problems. I've taken things for that, but none of them worked as well as the iron seems to be! Yes, I picked up some Iron and some multi vitamins, and I'm not eating as much (though that may be a bad thing on this diet) and I can concentrate on things. My son says my driving improved too! come to find out,b etween the car needing an alignment and my vision problems, (the iron is helping with that as well), I was swerving unbeknown to me... not much, i stayed in the lines, but still! I myself noticed the difference.

So now, I'm not craving ice, I crave GREENS, spinach, peas and lettuce!

How about you?

Fat Melanie
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Mmm I'm craving a big old salad with strips of oscar mayer's deli smoked turkey and sprinking of cheddar and ranch dressing.

ladybugnessa
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
i eat salad usually twice a day

romaine
red onion
cucumber
peppers
mushrooms

some protein (prefer salmon burgers)
some feta cheese
some avocado
some beans
and my trademark greek yogurt and salsa dressing...

weezle
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Ohhhhh bite me. ;)

I wish I were craving salad. I typically like salad but now on Day 3 of Ph1, I'm craving a bit more than salad. The Reese's Peanut Butter Bat Signals were SCREAMING my name today at work.

hmacneil6
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Lisa you make me laugh!!!
Good job staying away!

AutumnRose
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I am with you weezle! I have been thinking of DQ all day....sigh....

cottagebythesea
08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
My DIL left part of an ice cream cake in my freezer because she didn't have room in hers. It's driving me nuts!!!!!

weezle
08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
:lol3: Poor Cottage!!!!

thunderbegone
08-11-2008, 10:58 PM
That's awesome!

Loriann7
08-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Lisa, congrats on staying out of the pb thingies!

Linda! How rude ofher to put temptations in easy reach!!!!! Tell her take it home and bring some meat out of her freezer into yours! :)

Autumn, I keep the no sugar added fudgesicles on hand. Yes, there are days I'll eat oh, four of them! OOPS! lately only one though. At 45 calories, even eating four I haven't noticed it hurting my weight loss much! I'm still losing! But when craving ice cream, I grab one of these and I'm good to go!

AutumnRose
08-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Good tip Loriann, I will have to find those!

TwynnB
08-12-2008, 08:24 AM
I am with you weezle! I have been thinking of DQ all day....sigh....

My husband wanted to stop at DQ the other day, and I told him I thought they had something I could have....

No Sugar Added Dilly Bars. YUUUUUMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!!

Jonsgurl0531
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
I loove my taco salad

loots of romaine lettuce
cooked ground turkey
some cheese
and SALSA :)
and sometimes a whole grain wrap

YUMMERROOOO

I want some now but I ate it all Last week.

KO
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I ahve salad for breakfast and lunch it keeps me satiated and VEGGIETIZED!!

SkinnyDogMom
08-13-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm craving crunchy things. I've been having pistachios, pecans, dry roasted edamame, carrots, and snow peas.
I need more crunchy ideas??? I've tried roasting garbanzos, they're ok...but I can eat the whole can, so too many calories.
I tried some plantain chips dipped in hummus, they were good, but too much like pot chips which are a trigger for me, so I need to avoid these.

What do you eat when you want crunchy?

Loriann7
08-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I eat ICE!!!!!!!!!!

JulieJ08
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Did you actually get tested for anemia? The symptoms you list are so vague, could be anything. And iron isn't the only cause of anemia. And if you're not anemic, too much iron is indeed a bad thing.

Loriann7
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I did not get tested, but just the two weeks I've been taking the iron I've noticed a difference, concentration is better, I'm not chewing the ice. The multi's do not have iron in them so I'm good there.

pamatga
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
All raw veggies like carrots and celery have good hard crunch appeal. I think a hard apple is a great snack. It has almost become my mid afternoon staple.

As for ice cream, since I have been visiting my Dad I noticed that he has some very small plastic cups that he had been using for his daily ice cream fix.(He had a stroke in 1999 and he has to significantly reduce his beloved ice cream he had every day--he was a four-five big scooper) These cups are the equivalent of 4 spoonsful. Just enough to get that cold creamy taste without a lot of calories, fat, sugar, etc. Works for him and it works for me!;)

grneyedmustang
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm craving crunchy things.

What do you eat when you want crunchy?

What about the turkey pepperoni chips?

mul131
08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
I can't think of what I eat when i want a crunchy snack....i can't even say that I've had these cravings for a while? I mostly crave fruit and skim milk and low fat string cheese....weird.

nancylmrn
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
When I have to have a salty crunchy snack, I eat garlic dill pickles...put a few in a coffee cup and just munch away

EofAZ
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
What about the turkey pepperoni chips?

I agree, when I need crunch in a snack kind of way I turn to the pepperoni chips. I take a serving a turkey pepperoni, place on a folded paper towel and microwave for about 45 seconds. They are really salty so if you don't want the salt then they wouldn't work but one serving is just enough to completely satisfy me. If I use them for my afternoon snack I will slice up a couple of small raw tomatoes and have them on top of the tomato slices. Cuts the salt and puts a little zip in the tomato.

AND THEN if pizza is ordered into the house I will slice the tomatoes, put on my pepperoni chips and a piece of lf swiss cheese and broil until the cheese melts. This helps me stay away from the pizza until it is gone.

Turkey Pepperoni chips :bravo:

SkinnyDogMom
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
on the anemia issue...there are also various types of anemia. You should be tested to see if you are iron deficient prior to starting iron supplements. There are other types of anemia that would require different treatments.