Exercise! - Right bra for exercise?

View Full Version : Right bra for exercise?

stacysreadytolose
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Okay, so this question may seem weird or perhaps it's perfectly normal. As a big chested person I hate bouncing and jumping for fear of blacking an eye. lol Even when I was younger I had this problem. Most of the sports bras I tried just didn't give enough support. Have any of you found the right kind? I'd rather spend a lot of money to get one that helps me then buying a cheap one that doesn't, so money is not a concern on this issue. The Turbo Jam dvd I work out to always has us jumping rope, and this is very uncomfortable. Please help!!

JulieJ08
08-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Beware vertical stretch. Some horizontal stretch will be comfortable and make it easier to get on and off. But vertical stretch = no support.

mamaspank
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Ahh, yes, the bra! I remember in high school, I was able to buy a sports bra for about 8 bucks and it worked fine. The bigger I got and the bigger my breasts got, the more money I had to spend. I bought a great one for about 35.00 bucks at a sports warehouse type place a year ago. It was Nike, and I love it. I just got another -- not quite the great support, but okay -- at Ross's the other day. It was an Adidas. I think as long as you try them on -- don't laugh, my boyfriend never tries anything on. What's with guys anyway?

walking2lose
08-11-2008, 01:19 PM
My best friend always wears two.

Ilene
08-12-2008, 08:25 AM
UnderArmour makes a great great supportve bra (http://www.underarmour.com/shop/womens/apparel/sports-bras/pid1001153-Women-s-HeatGear-Strength-1-A-B-/1001153-001) for larger chested women...

I've worn 2 sports bras also and I found that 2 bras were choking me and were too tight around my chest and not really very supportive.

KimProbable
08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm on my second Champion bra and I love it. It's a compression bra so everything gets smooshed and held in place. When I bought my first one, I had lactating DD's and I could run with no pain!

I bought mine at a running store. I know that lots of people buy sports bras online but I usually have to try on 10 bras to find one that I'm happy with.

grneyedmustang
08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
I have this same problem.

This morning, I was at the gym and I was running. I bought a few Danskin Sports Bras from Walmart, size 42D - and this is what I had on today. It gave me ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT. I was running and trying to hold my boobs in because they were bouncing around too much!

I have two sports bras that have wires, and they are very supportive. I can't find them anywhere anymore, it looks like the vendor (i'm not sure who it is right off hand) stopped making them!!!

If anyone has more suggestions, keep em coming...and I think I need wires for support! Wish I could do wireless, but I'm SCARED!

I looked at the link posted above, it looks like the underarmour ones don't run very large. :(

Lunabelle
08-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm perhaps not the most well endowed, but I love speedo bras. Also champion, mostly sport bras with the T in the back, because the ones that go on the shoulder can slide off.

When you find the perfect one you'll know, I usually buy a few at once :)

Ilene
08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I am NOT endowed at all :lol: ... But I do buy a padded underwired sports bra from WalMart for 12$CA and I really like it, I buy it though because it makes my boobs LOOK bigger :lol: not for the support, but it may be supportive it someone has more boobage....

chuckie
08-14-2008, 05:36 PM
This yr i bought a bra from Champion (online )and i love it, it was abt $30 and worth every penny. I plan to keep buying from them.

BfL_Cat
08-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm a 40DD, and I swear by the Action Shape sports bra by Champion. I've used them for years, and I have absolutely no bounce while doing any number of workout activities. And the straps never slide off.

The sizes go from 36C to 46DD, so there is quite a range available.

Here's a link to it on the Just My Size site - if there is an outlet near you, you might find it for less.
http://www.jms.com/product/CH072.html?cgnbr=30B1000000

Su-Bee
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
My favourites are underwire Speedos. (I'm a 36DD).

PurdueGirl98
08-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Ive tried a million bras and my all-time favorite is Leading Lady sports bras...they have DD/F/G and provider GREAT support and bounce control, and they arent terribly expensive.

nakedmango
08-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I bought a Shock Absorber last year and it has been amazing--I could run easily without even having to think about support (I bought a 38D, in the most supportive style they have). But now, I've lost weight and the girls have shrunk, and the bra is too big. I need to buy another one soon, because it made running on the weekend an interesting experience again! :dizzy:

pintobean
08-21-2008, 08:08 AM
I bought a sports bra with hooks in the back. I love it. I used to get the cheapy ones (without hooks) and being elastic and stretchy material it would stretch and get out of shape very soon. So I recently bought a Champion sports bra and it's underwired (available without wires too) and has hooks in the back (just like regular bra). My boobs do not move at all. There was a Bali/Playtex store close to us and I got mine from there. I'm sure you can buy them from any store and if not then online is always possible. They fit snug.

Here's the Link - OneHanesPlace (http://www.onehanesplace.com/)

Hope this helps :)

MotoMichelle
08-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Here's another vote for Champion sports bras. I LOVE them.

Naia
08-26-2008, 06:12 AM
I've tried several, from the cheap to the expensive, to the Enell that Oprah was touting not too long ago (not a fan of it) to the 2 bra method. I think it really depends on your shape. BUT, given that, my two favorites have been the Lunaire Coolmax and also the Champion. The Lunaire is my top pick, it stops bounce like no other... plus, my favorite Champion has been discontinued, and I don't like the one they replaced it with as much.

The Lunaire makes you look a little... well, like you should be wearing a sweater set over that jutting bra with a pin on it from your boyfriend who you just met down at the malt shop, but hey, it really cuts down on the bounce! so I don't care how it makes my boobs look :D

I bought mine from www.herroom.com. They have little bounce test videos you can watch, also :)

I was a 42F/G (back at 265), now I'm a 40DDD/38DDD, for reference. I would make a comment here about how sad the boobs are the first to go... only I'm soooo happy they're gone that instead, I'm doing a celebratory dance of the fitness bra!!!!:carrot:

Naia

grneyedmustang
08-26-2008, 10:01 AM
The Lunaire is my top pick, it stops bounce like no other... plus, my favorite Champion has been discontinued, and I don't like the one they replaced it with as much.

The Lunaire makes you look a little... well, like you should be wearing a sweater set over that jutting bra with a pin on it from your boyfriend who you just met down at the malt shop, but hey, it really cuts down on the bounce! so I don't care how it makes my boobs look :D
Naia

I bought a Lunaire last week from Macys.com. It's great!!! I got it in a size 42DD and it definitely stops the bounce. It is a little "old fashioned" looking, though, but it works!

Hillarie
08-26-2008, 09:17 PM
ok so I just found this thread but wanted to tell you all about ENELL. The sports bra I got from them is amazing! I ordered it online it's a compression bra let me tell you you may feel like your wearing a bullet proof vest but it does the trick. They aren't going anywhere. Running crunches biking no jiggle not in the way. I really like it.