South Beach Diet - What's for dinner 8/11 - 8/17

View Full Version : What's for dinner 8/11 - 8/17

hmacneil6
08-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Starting the week off with pollo asada taco salads with black beans, tomato, and avocado. Dh will probably have tortilla chips with his.

Barb0522
08-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Last night was Vietnamese Pork rolls from the Quick & Easy cookbook.

Tonight we are having spinach and black bean pasta. It has spinach, red onion, broccoli, tomatoes, black beans and other good stuff.

Schmoodle
08-11-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure if all the kids will eat here tonight or at my mom's, so I am planning for me a chicken burger without bun and some 3-bean salad. If we end up at my mom's it will be leftovers from yesterday's BBQ, so I will need to take my own along anyway. If we all eat here, I'll come up with something quick for the kids - maybe BLTs.

GONNABE165
08-11-2008, 12:49 PM
tv dinner for me since I am going to the movies with some friends

Ruthxxx
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Fajitas made with a small minute steak, peppers, onions, zucchini in 2 small ww tortillas with fresh tomato salsa I bought at the farmers' market Saturday. Blueberries and yogurt for dessert.

EofAZ
08-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Grilled Elk Chops, lima beans and green beans with Mocha Ricotta Creme for dessert.

weezle
08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Sigh.... I can't decide, and I'm hungry and have the SBD flu so I just don't know. Probably a spicy black bean burger with pepperjack cheese over a bed of lettuce, maybe with a drizzle of buffalo sauce. Probably parmesan green beans on the side.

hmacneil6
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Last night we had the Thai curry meatballs (in the Phase 1 entrees) with lots of veggies stirfried. Really yummy!!!

Tonight we're having garlic Parmesan crusted sea bass with broccoli and a big green salad.

We've been having blueberry peach cobbler (I found the recipe at Kalyn's Kitchen)

GONNABE165
08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
balsalmic chicken breast, collard greens and spaghetti squash

JellyBean32882
08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Well going to wassaic, ny tonight with dad so unfortunately i'm prolly gonna end up having a 'cheat night' at a restaurant but not that i have followed the SBD in a few days anyway, haven't eaten much.

Schmoodle
08-13-2008, 11:26 AM
My mother asked if she could bring the gang over here for dinner tonight, and she would bring a roasted chicken. so that's me and my 3 kids, 2 cousins, and mom and dad, and possibly my brother who is coming to pick up his kids tonight. I was just scrounging in the fridge to see what filler I could provide. I think I'll do mashed potatoes or potato soup for the kids. I've got a cantaloupe, 4 ears of corn (again, for the kids), some tomatoes to slice, and some yellow squash I think I'll stuff and bake. That should keep everybody happy!

Belle Mer
08-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Taco Bake, broccoli rabe with garlic, mashed cauliflower, and berries for dessert.

Barb0522
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
last night was Baked Pesto chicken from the Quick & Easy cookbook and two veggies.

Tonight we are having Baja Fish Tacos or pork fajitas.

SkinnyDogMom
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Leftover chicken breast w/onions & mushrooms in wine + asparagus + maybe a simple greens salad...I'll probably take the above and throw it on the salad greens.

Thanks to Nessa for the idea of using sour cream & salsa to make a salad dressing. I used tomatillo salsa 2 parts to 1 part lf sour cream to 1/2 part garlic mustard and it was delicious.

eawrigh1
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Last night was an herb and garlic pork tenderloin and garlic pita wedges.

Tonight will be pork chops in a mustard-based bbq sauce and stuffed pepper soup. Thank you to Lisa for posting the stuffed pepper soup--I made it Monday night, and everyone's already eaten all of it. Delicious!

Tomorrow night will be Mama W's meatloaf. I haven't made it yet, but I've read great reviews about it on this site :)

grneyedmustang
08-13-2008, 01:53 PM
This week's dinners:

Monday: Grilled Sirloin Steak, Steamed Veggies, Caesar Salad
Tuesday: Parmesan Garlic Chicken, Tomato Pizzas, Peas
Wednesday: Carrabba's Chicken Marsala
Thursday: Steak Diane, Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Roasted Cauliflower
Friday: Shrimp Scampi, Tomato Pizzas, Sauteed Mushrooms

Shesaninja
08-13-2008, 04:36 PM
:hun:
Monday: Chicken Capri (Y U M) W/green beans with garlic, onion and parmesean

Tuesday: I stuffed some chicken with chedder cheese and did an egg wash and sprinkled parm on them and baked them. I had a salad and the 'mock maccaroni' with it.

Tonight:Taco Bake with romaine lettuce for wraps.

erikalea
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, my kids are at dad's house in the evenings this week, so I've just been doing leftovers (my bf's AWESOME doctored spaghetti sauce one night and the Chicken Green Curry from the Quick & Easy cookbook another.) But I wanted to share that this Friday I will have my once-a-year favorite treat... HARD SHELL CRABS! I'm going to visit my grandma at her new house in the northern neck of VA, and so we'll get some good-old fresh-from-the-Chesapeake-Bay blue crabs! They're so expensive now I only get them the one time each summer, but as you can tell, I look forward to it! (And this year grandma's buying - even better!)
:woohoo:

CyndiM
08-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Finishing pieces and parts up - 1/2 red cabbage sauteed with fennel & red pepper; yellow squash with dill; Boca mushroom medley burger

kshe78
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Grilled chicken marinated in italian dressing
Brown rice
sliced tomatoes
salad

SunshineCA
08-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Nothing. Wasn't hungry! ;)

hmacneil6
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Capri Chicken with sauteed spinach w/ garlic and mushrooms, and a green salad.

GONNABE165
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
oven baked fried chicken, left over collards and what ever else dh fixes

SkinnyDogMom
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
pork loin w/fennel & onions & a green salad

EofAZ
08-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Last night I tried a new recipe, Pork Loin and Cabbage, basically you brown your pork loin chops on eachside then simmer them under a layer of shredded cabbage with seasoned salt and Worcestershire sauce. I'll have it again, the chops were wonderful but I probably will cut back on the Worcestershire next time as the cabbage was a little saltier then I typically enjoy with sf pudding and strawberries for dessert.

Tonight I've got a 12 bean soup in the crockpot so hopefully that will be ready to enjoy when I get home. I'll have a Moca Ricotta Creme for dessert. I make my own cold brewed coffee and always add a couple of tablespoons of the coffee concentrate to the Ricotta Creme, oh so good.

CyndiM
08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
beans & greens with kale; veggie burgers

Belle Mer
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Leftover Taco Bake and broccoli rabe.

kshe78
08-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Eggplant parmesan
1/2 ww pita "garlic bread"
milk

EofAZ
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Tonight it's leftovers. DH will have the pork loin and I will have grilled chicken with roasted veggies. Dessert, I think I'm going to try one of those PB Cup things everyone keeps talking about.

CyndiM
08-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Portabello Parmesan (new recipe for me) and sauteed patty pan squash

kshe78
08-15-2008, 07:30 PM
ooohhhh I'm craving "bad food" tonight. Not carbs and sugar, I want a big fat greasy burger with cheese and bacon.

I was tempted to go get a burger at 5 Guys, but I know I wouldn't be able to resist those fries, so I'm skipping it.

I'm going to have a Laura's Lean Beef hamburger (no bun) on the George Foreman, with turkey bacon and lowfat cheese. Not exactly what I want, but I'll make do. Hopefully it will take the edge off. :)

Schmoodle
08-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Tired when I got home so I had some 3 bean salad, triscuits with hummus, and some Greek yogurt with half a sliced peach. Pizza for the kids.

Thin4Good
08-15-2008, 09:20 PM
oooh- Five Guys... :drool: Can we eat that?!?!

We are having Flounder fillets with sauteed zucchini, onions, and squash. - I was going to make this mahogany rice too but I didn't realize it takes forever to cook! next time. ;) I think we are having nf plain yogurt with splenda and vanilla served with sliced peaches for dessert.

JellyBean32882
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
ooohhhh I'm craving "bad food" tonight. Not carbs and sugar, I want a big fat greasy burger with cheese and bacon.

I was tempted to go get a burger at 5 Guys, but I know I wouldn't be able to resist those fries, so I'm skipping it.

I'm going to have a Laura's Lean Beef hamburger (no bun) on the George Foreman, with turkey bacon and lowfat cheese. Not exactly what I want, but I'll make do. Hopefully it will take the edge off. :)

aren't those laura's burgers really dry? i tried one of those not too long ago and i couldn't even eat it, it was like eating steak (which i don't eat)

Barb0522
08-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I cooked two cups of beans (10 beans) along with water and two cans of Rotel Mexican. Once cooked, I smashed the beans with a hand blender and then added two sliced up hot dogs and used the blender again to get it mostly smooth. It was just like jalapeno refried beans and was SO good and easy. Brian loved it. And I have enough left that I froze to make one more dinner that I won't have to cook. Yeah!

kshe78
08-15-2008, 10:37 PM
oooh- Five Guys... Can we eat that?!?!

Ha ha. No, too high in fat. It's just what I really wanted, and was going to toast myself for making it through a week of bootcamp. But I didn't. Cooked my own 'legal' burger - saving myself from way too many grams of fat and saved $$, since I didn't buy anything or drive anywhere. It didn't taste the same, but it was satisfying. :)

aren't those laura's burgers really dry?

They can get pretty tough if you cook them too long. Mine was actually pretty good tonight, but if you cook them a minute too long, they take on the consistency of shoe leather. :) They aren't the same as a big, fat burger from a restaurant, but that's how you know they are healthier. ;)

CyndiM
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I made a yummy salad but with no measuring I don't want to post it in recipes. It has raw zucchini & raw yellow squash cut into small spears, raw peppers in multiple colors,red onion, & black beans. I dressed it with olive oil, cider vinegar, lemon juice, lemon pepper, & lots of fresh dill. It was really good and I'm taking the rest camping. It's also pretty, especially if you can get yellow, red & green peppers :)

cottagebythesea
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I made a huge baking sheet full of roasted vegetables (red and yellow peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, chopped garlic and onions), and tossed it with ww bucatelli and lots of fresh basil and a generous sprinkle of locatelli. It was a big hit with everyone. :) For dessert we had SF Icebox Lemonade Pie.

kshe78
08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Tonight I stopped on my way home from running errands at a place called "Justix." I knew it was nearby, but had never stopped.

The name is because the serve everything on a meat, and the sign out front says they grill everything in a healthy way, have healthy sides, and are perfect for a low carb diet.

Wow - great choice for fast food!

You choose a meat (chicken - all natural, beef - sirloin, portabello, tofu, salmon or pork). It comes with a side, and brown or white rice. I got chicken, brown rice and zucchini. I ate some of the rice, but left about 1/4 - it was an oversized portion, but not too extreme. Zucchini was also grilled.

It tasted great, and will be a good thing to remember when I'm out and about!

SunshineCA
08-17-2008, 01:33 AM
I didn't cook tonight. We soooo need to go to the supermarket.

Tonight we went to El Pollo Loco. Each person had their own thing. I had part of a Pollo Bowl without the rice. I also had a little of the chicken tortilla soup. I wasn't impressed much. ;)

As you can see, I didn't eat much tonight. I HATE eating out!!! I prefer my own food and am very critical and picky about fast food places. I'm not too bad with restaurants but I'd rather eat what I or my DH prepares. A big difference it makes for sure! :)