Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 11:01 PM   #1  

Thumbs down New Here

Hello, I'm new here my name is Ruthieb12 I'm starting back on weight watchers tomarrow " April 1 " I weigh about 265 pounds would like to weigh from 130-145 pounds. Just wanted to post here to make friends and meet new people I can share my weightloss journey with. And I want to be here to share in their weightloss journey to be here to inspair and support them.
Ruthieb12
Old 04-01-2002, 10:58 AM   #2  

Welcome Ruthie! We're glad you found us. You're welcome to join in any of the threads in the 100 club. You'll get lots of encouragement and support. Good luck in you weight loss journey
Old 04-02-2002, 08:55 PM   #3  

Smile I'm new, too

Hi, Ruthieb12,
I just re-joined WW on 4/1/02, too. Yikes- I was 241.2 (the 2/10ths does crack me up... ah, the powers of a digital scale).

I registered at the WW office-- the Saturday morning meeting is going to work best for me and I hear the leader is wonderful. But I didn't want to wait for Saturday to sign up-- I was fed up with feeling lousy on Monday, so on Monday I went. So I haven't been back to a meeting yet... just have my sticker ready for placement this Sat.

Since I think I am about 5'2", I think my goal weight will be 125. That means I have 116.2 (again, that .2!!!) pounds to lose.

I've walked a mile the past 3 mornings before my family gets up. And I have written down everything I am eating. Talk about denial! I have been eating a tremendous amount. I haven't yet had a day in which I keep under 31 points, but I am getting closer.

This is really hard! I feel overwhelmed at planning menus, yet I know that is what helps me the most. My family (husband of 21 years, 2nd grade son, 1st grade daughter) are great-- super supportive. They like veggies, etc., so I cannot use them as my excuse for having junk around.

My house looks as if I cyclone went through it-- -- it is not only my eating that is out of control. My husband does what he can but I know I am not pulling my share. I work part-time and volunteer a lot... I am pulling out of two large commitments to put focus on WW.

I dream that awareness and action regarding food & exercise will spill over into other aspects of my life, making me notice what needs to be done and then do it, instead of procrastinating until an outside force forces me.

Thanks for listening!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:52 AM   #4  

Angry hi there

Well I just wanted to say hello and jump in. I am coming back. I have been on WW since June and was doing well. the last couple of months have not been so good. I figured coming back here would help get me back on track. I had a gain last night at my meeting so I really need to start doing it.

Joining is the first step so congrats on doing so. Hopefully we will be ale to help each other with motivation and anything else that we find necessary.

Melissa
Old 04-04-2002, 10:33 AM   #5  

Default Better already

Well, Melissa,

This is the fourth day and I am already seeing some improvement. I have walked a mile each morning and it is improving my attitude as much as anything.

I like your signature-- you are working toward participating in a Kayak Clinic, eh?

My family has a reunion every 2 years in a small town in Pennsylvania... the start of the Allegheny Mountains... and there is a traditional morning hike up a big hill called "Old Baldy." Two years ago, I barely got up one quarter of the way up! I was truly afraid I was going to have a heart attack. I RAN up that hill as a child! I want to at least walk up this August.

So, here I am (Saturday will be my weigh-in):

Gail
241/?/216 (my 10%)

Old Baldy, here I come!!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:57 PM   #6  

Hi Ruthie and Gail,

I'm new too! How is WW going? Are they still doing the points system?

What diets are they rest of y'all on? Anybody on an easy (to fix) vegetarian diet?

I'm trying to decide...
Old 04-12-2002, 08:33 PM   #7  

Hello, Meanerney!

Yes, I had my first weigh-in last Sat. & lost 3.6 lbs!

Yes, WW has the points system, that's what I follow, plus their recommended exercise, weekly meeting, writing down everything you eat, drinking the water, and staying in my points range.

This time I am not acting like a Know-It-All but am doing everything they advise me to do.

I have a weigh-in tomorrow morning and am very excited!!!

Hope you find a plan to give you some peace of mind, too!

Gail

PS: My WW leader is a vegetarian, but I am not.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:27 PM   #8  

Post Blue Skies and Applesauce

Good morning Gail and everybody!

It's a beautiful Monday in sunny Florida and I just finished my WW lunch (cold whole wheat pasta and veggie salad and applesauce - I love to eat!) and feel great! I started WW on Saturday, old program, and have stayed on for 2 1/2 days
It's so great to have a support group online!

Gail, how did your weigh in go on Friday? 3.6 lbs. your first week was GREAT! Congratulations. Isn't it wonderful to see success? My first weight in will be on Saturday.

What's the weather like in Michigan? Have a great week!
Old 04-15-2002, 07:53 PM   #9  

Smile Lost 3.4!

Hi, Meanerney!

You're doing great!

I weighed in on Saturday, too (I am posting in the S.W.I.G.- Saturday Weigh-in Group thread!) and now have lost a total of 7, so got my first 5 pound star.

I was really proud!

I had a family party at the house for my son's First Communion Sunday. My godmother (bless her heart) brought a batch of muffins "So you'll have something for breakfast tomorrow."

I ate 2 last night and 3 this morning and said, "Whoah!!!!" and threw the rest away. Just for now, I'm not keeping anything in the house I have to fight with.

I am cool as long as I know how many points something is, but if I don't, I start this weird mind game. Maybe I won't have this problem someday, but for today, I guess I do.

After dinner, my little daughter and I went swinging and for a walk in the park. I have a long way to go. My humungous butt hardly got in the swing. But (so to speak!!!), at least I have STARTED. And that is more than I could say 2 weeks ago.

Let's hang in there and get another day under our belts!!!!!

Gail

PS: It is 80 and sunny and lovely here in Michigan. The birds have come back and the spring bulbs are bursting out.

241.2/234.2/216 (my first 10%)
Old 04-15-2002, 11:23 PM   #10  
Highly Caffeinated

Hello Everybody,

GailJ, I used to live in Farmington Hills which Detroit suburb are you in? Ok, this may seem weird but I'm having trouble eating my minimum amount of points. I'm suppose to have a minimum of 29 but I can't seem to make it past 26. It's only three points but the book says that I should make sure that I eat my minimum amount of points daily. Does anyone know if this is going to affect my weight loss in any way? My diet is pretty balanced to me. I guess I'll find out this Monday when I weigh in, if this three point thing is going to do me in. Thanks for reading this while I drone on and on

276.2/?/220 (medium goal)
Old 04-18-2002, 06:45 PM   #11  

Angry Hello, hello!

Hello Gail and Floridachick,

I'm a Floridachick too! Isn't this weather delightful? We have gardenias, jasmine, hibiscus, bishop's cap, lantana and impatiens blooming now and clover coming up! Don't know about the points system, but I when I have that problem on the personal choice plan, I check my food log and just MAKE myself eat whatever choices I have left. (I usually have the opposite problem! )

Gail, CONGRATULATIONS on SEVEN lbs! That's fantastic! You should be proud of yourself!!! I'm excited and hopeful about my first weigh-in Saturday. I'll check out the SWIG thread, thanks for telling me.

I really laughed at your comments about getting into the swing with your daughter! For the last two years I've been noticing that the seats at movie theaters and in airplanes have been getting smaller and smaller Last time I flew I had to sstruggle to get the seatbelt fastened and just prayed I didn't have to ask for an extension. It finally dawned on me that I was finally just really, really large!

I know WW works and Gail you are proving it!

Floridachick, keep OP as much as possible and let us know how your weigh in goes!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:09 PM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Wink Can I join in?

Hi All.. Well I'm back on this board again! I rejoined WW for like the 20th time in my life. I pray this time will be different. I can not believe the weight I have gained. Too Much!! Have any of you ever had real rapid weight gain? In January I weighed 222 lbs... tonight was my first weigh in.. I am 235 lbs! Isn't that alot to gain in such a short time? I did weight 227 then lost 5 lbs when I tried to WW with friends (no meetings) I've since moved (yes, that was stressful!) and have returned to the meetings.

I love reading the messages on this thread! You all seem real to me

Do you ladies ever share your journals online?

Dana
in WI
Old 04-28-2002, 12:05 PM   #13  

Default Hey

Dana,
I just now got to read your post, if you want a journal partner online, I'd be more than happy to switch with you. But sometimes I'm not online, so I can either give you my work email addy, or let my journal be a couple of days late. I'd love to try it though.

[email protected]

Email me and let me know.
Closed Thread