Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #1  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default At Home Support Group....08/11 - 08/17

Thought I'd quickly start the thread for the new week. Check back later....
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

New week, new start. Here it goes!
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Cool

I weighed myself on Friday. 189.6 - so, TOM brought a .6 pound gain. I am not worried about that at all. Today is my final weigh-in with the Biggest Loser Challenge. So, I had to weigh again this morning - 188.8 (there's my "all eights" that I wanted for weigh in on 08/08/08...haha!). So, from here on out - I'll only have to weigh in once a week. Although I'm normally a daily weigher. I know some people pooh on the idea of weighing daily, but it helps me to keep in check and gives me motivation!

I am in full-fledged "blah" mode today. I have been at my parents for the past 2 weeks with my kiddos. Yesterday, I had to come back home (home for us is at my in-laws house. And it SUCKS!). Don't get me wrong, I missed my husband (he had to stay here at the in-laws in Oklahoma to work while I went to my parents in Missouri). I am so ready to get out of this house!!!! We've lived with them since October. My husband had gotten laid off from his job and we had zero income. We fell into big debt and have been trying so hard to pull ourselves out from it. There are days that it just feels hopeless - and today is one of those days. My in-laws always give us grief about anything we put into our mouths - no matter how small. At birthdays if we have a piece of birthday cake, it's always "you better watch it, you don't want to put that weight on again"...... my mother in law is a diabetic - but she ALWAYS feels the need to make desserts that typically consist of cake and chocolate. My parents house is so different. My mother is doing weigh watchers - so she makes the best meals that are SO good for you. Always veggies, salads, fruit, lean meats.... I LOVE to cook and I miss having my own kitchen to do it in. I don't cook all the time here because about the time I'd go to cook something, the mother in law is in the kitchen cooking or telling me to not turn the stove on because it will heat up the house......... it just sucks.........
I didn't mean to rant and rave on here. I have already had 2 brownies this morning that my MIL made. I am totally emotionally eating. And I know it. I am in a funk big time.....
It will get better though...... always does.

I hope the rest of you have a great day!!!!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Can I join you? I'm trying this weightloss thing once again, and need to keep it upmost in my mind so I don't just give up by "forgetting" about it. Very easy to do with kiddos under 2!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

What beautiful babies! Welcome Sara!

I stayed even again this week. I think that somewhere in the back of my mind I am terrified of getting back under 200! I've sat at 201 to 202 for four weeks now! I have to bust out of it this week, right?!?!

Julz - - Get out of that funk girl! It's all overwhelming sometimes, isn't it? I'm a single mom, 3 kids, and back to school is killing me financially, not to mention starting soccer season too! Their dad thinks that because he pays child support he never has to help with ANY other expenses. Seriously, he wanted me to buy my daughter shoes for a wedding that they were attending because "but I pay support, you have to buy the shoes". He won't even keep extra socks or underwear for them at his house. Sometimes I think that it's a lost cause trying to get out of debt (I have a kid that ran up some serious medical debt) and I so desperately want to buy a house. But, we put our heads down and barrel through it and it will get better! I was feeling hopeless about it today too when I realized that my daughter has NO clothes that fit her from last year, but, somehow, we manage through!

Have a great week everyone!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hey girls! I did bad last week. It is TOM for me this week, so I had the munchies so bad!! I WI tomorrow, so we'll see ho wbad the damage is. On a positive note, I did get up this morning, go to the gym and put in a solid, intense 20 minutes on the elipitical and then got on the treadmill and ran straight for 10 minutes!! I am no a runner... so 10 minutes in one stretch is big for me.
I took my 6 year old to school today for a walk thru. He is my first born, so I am having big issues with him going to school full day this fall. I'm really stressed about it. Also, with him starting school early, if I still want to hit the gym in the morning, instead of getting there at 6am, I would have to change my workout times to 5am! YIKES! I don't want to give them up, but I don't know if I can get up at 4:45am!!
Hoping to have a better week this week..
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow shocking but I weighed in this morning down 1 lb. I didn't think I'd be down at all. Now to keep it going this week with some point tracking and exercise. I didn't sleep well last night at all so I didn't want to wake up but shooting for tomorrow to get 30-45 minutes of Walk Away the Pounds in. I'm thinking of going for a swim in a bit. We haven't went much this summer and I know dd loves it.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #8  
One day at a time....

Default Hi...

Just thought I'd check in. Welcome Sara, we'd be more than happy to have you join our group. Keep your heads up all, I know it's hard to do but we will eventually get through it. I know because I've been there (for most things) and you just have to make due with what you have. I'm trying to stay on track but fell off the wagon last night when I ate those stupid chocolate chip cookies (it's TOM for me and I was craving chocolate). My stomach actually hurt after I ate them b/c it was too much!

I have my WI on Thursday, so we'll see. My little boy also starts school on Monday for the first time. I'll be putting him on the bus and sending him off. I'm more nervous than he is. My little girl wants to go on the bus with him too, but I have to tell her no. I can see it will be an emotional day for us all on Monday. We meet his teacher on Thursday and will do a walk through then.

I'll check back on Thursday. Keep your heads up and take one day at a time.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #9  

Did well yesterday. Actually stuck down to 26 points, and got in probably 40 minutes of light exercise. Got about 25 minutes in today. Hopefully I can stay strong and not eat any more chocolate... I need to find another outlet when my toddler is being stressful and won't nap...
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #10  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I noticed that after a long day with my kids, that I turn to snacking too!
I am trying to be good. It just isn't happening. It will happen for part of the day, and then I blow it. I worked out Monday & Tuesday... today I couldn't get up, I was too tired! I know I have come a long way since I started working out. I am losing inches, I am stronger and my endurance is so much better. Now if I could get my eating under control... I would have a good system working!!
I read some of the other boards about how much they had to work out to get down to their goal weight, and it scares me. I hardly find the time to squeeze in 45-60 minutes five days a week. And for me, this is a lot!!! I haven't worked out like this in a long time. Just wish the scale was showing great numbers! You know those FAT days??? I am having one today. I just feel blah! Doesn't help that my neighbor decided to make Christmas cookies in August and came by with a box to share!!!
Tomorrow is a new day.... time to get back on track!!

Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #11  

Did okay today. As long as I stay strong, I'm within my points .(doing those rather loosely - if it works for me, I'll stick with it. If it doesn't, I'll get more strict with myself). I ate 28 points today, and fought off several cravings for MORE. I didn't feel deprived, I just like to eat way too much, and I spend most of the day in the kitchen, it seems like, with a toddler and a baby eating solids. I have gotten some form of exercise in the last 3 days. Yay me! Will do even better tomorrow!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello All,

I have posted on a different thread but I think this is where I would should be posting. I have just started WW at home too and would love to share with others doing the same. I began my diet on 8/08/08 and would like to lose 50 or more pounds. What types of foods have you found to be the most filling? Do you have a favorite low point snack? It's been challenging to stay within 23 points for the day. Thanks!
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #13  
One day at a time....

Default Morning all...

Just wanted to drop by and say welcome to everyone. Keep up the good work ladies, I know it's hard (I have two little ones 5 and 3) and was in many of your positions a year ago.

I did my WI today and was down another point, I'm 1 from goal but for me it is now a way of life not just a diet.

I remember when I started this journey I had a hard time because I just wanted to loose the weight but didn't care about the rest of it. I have since undergone a complete change of mind set. I'm now helping my husband through the process. Keep your heads up and take one day at a time, I know that there will be days where you completely fall off the wagon and then there will be days that are great. Just try to make the days on the wagon more than the days off. I'll check back later.

PS - Some low point snacks can be Light String Cheese, Fruit, FF Pudding, 100 calorie packs, etc... Just depends on what you are looking for.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Hello and happy mid-week!

My funk has somewhat lifted though I think I'll pay for it at weigh-in. It was SO much easier to eat good at my mothers house!!!!! ugh!

I'm determined to get out and buy some veggies to cook like my mom does (it's SO good and so QUICK when you need a quick veggie).

I just wanted to check in, I'll be back later for more. In the mean time I have over 2000 pictures to be editing!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #15  

Doing well so far today. Got in some great exercise (25 min Tae Bo, 10 min Wii tennis), got a shower, went to the grocery store, have eaten 4.5 pts and it's only 11:30!

Welcome Jo7475! Some of my favorite low-pointers (that are yummy and filling): cinnamon nutri-grain eggos - they are sweet and yummy with nothing on them, only 1 pt! Fiber-One bars, especially the oats and chocolate. Very sweet filling and with all that fiber, only 2 points. I am also a full-fat string cheese girl. 2 points, but sticks with you better than crackers and very yummy.