Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default No Excuses! Food and Exercise Accountability 8/11 - 8/17

Getting my planning in place for a perfect week.

B - Double fiber english muffin w/ egg whites
S - Heirloom melon from the farmer's market...it is making the WHOLE kitchen smell amazing, can't imagine how great it'll be to tap into it tomorrow. I'm so glad that I can get heirloom melons this time of year...I'm in "All melon, all the time" mode.
L - Leftover Mexican chicken soup - It has stewed tomatoes, corn, brown rice, chicken thigh, chipotle in adobo...homemade stock.
S - Wasa Crispbread w/ Tzatziki
S - Greek yogurt w/ sliced strawberries
D - Grilled chicken skewers, roasted purple potato wedges, and green beans with garlic and lemon.
S - Basic ice cream wafer cone w/ NSA cookie dough ice cream.

E - 60 min strength training, 60 min elliptical

I'm dogsitting for my parents, so there are some issues with routine to face. I brought my resistance bands and my mom has hand weights, and they also have an elliptical...and a Wii Fit, which is a toy I don't have at home. Still, they also have foods that I don't have, so I'm glad I went out today, planned all my menus, and stocked the house with healthy stuff. I always spend more on groceries when I'm away from my house, because I have to buy all my stuff...the basics, the stuff I have on hand at all times. I'm set up now, though, and ready to go after a pretty on-plan weekend.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

The weekend was NOT pretty. Started out decently. Did very well Friday and Saturday. Even got in a nice amount of brisk walking. But then came Sunday - oy. Let's not even go there.

The house is barren of most veggies. Can't wait to replenish them later this morning. Looking forward to today and the week ahead. I really do enjoy being on plan. But am going away again this weekend. Not thinking about that now.

Have a great day.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

I've been lazy in posting, but I'm making myself plan! I have been WAY too snacky lately---I'm afraid it will stick more now that I started a new birth control pill. Ugh!

I actually started off last night, doing the 1st workout of week 4 of Couch to 5k. I was bored w/Week 3 and week 4 is providing a good challenge!

B- Muselie w/blueberries, skim milk
S-Greek yogurt w/honey
L-Southwestern Chicken soup, apple
S-hmmm..I'm thinking a few triscuits w/laughing cow.
D- Spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken breast(I think I'm adding roasted red peppers too), Acorn Squash(Boy LOVES this....so far I'm doing well introducing him to veggies outside of green beans and corn!)

Exercise----I'm aiming for 30 minutes on the elliptical before 45-60 minutes of yoga.

Hopefully writing all this down will ward off snackiness....have a great day!
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I will not make excuses. I ate crap this weekend. I don't remember enough of it to make a full accounting, but here's my attempt:

Saturday:
B - shredded spoonfuls, milk, grapefruit juice, a few blackberries
L - leftover pad thai
S - bite of pineapple
D - too many roasted nuts (sugar-coated ), three and a half taquitos, four pierogis, one cracker with chocolate cheese, one cracker with herb cheese, two and a half glasses of wine, four mini key lime pies (crust, lime cream, strawberry) (I think I only ate four at least), one piece of cantaloupe
Exercise - none

Sunday:
B/L - 2 servings muesli, milk, nf plain yogurt, banana, a few blackberries
S - piece of ww bread with jelly
S - peach ice cream with roasted nuts
D - four taquitos with salsa, 1 ear of raw corn
Exercise - 30 min wog with dog, 15 min UBWO
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #5  
slow and steady

Today's plan:
B - oatmeal squares, milk
S - banana
L - rice, black beans
S - plum, peach, string cheese
D - thai basil tofu w/veggies, rice
S - muesli, milk
Exercise - 30 min walk with dog
Total - 1476 (13.5/16.8/69.7 % fat/protein/carb)

Last edited by paperclippy; 08-12-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

If I may whine for just a moment: Today, on my 21-week weigh in, was the first time I had to post a gain for the week. Only .2 of a pound, and I know I've been so incredibly LUCKY to-date that my weight has never, not once, fluctuated UP, but I'm still... peeved. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for a rockier road the closer I got to goal, but it is still a mental slap, you know.

So much of weight loss is a head game and there are moments when my head just wants to explode.

Okay, enough of the whining it will get me nowhere. I had a PERFECT week last week, there is nothing I would change so I just need to do it again this week.

Plan for today:
Exercise: 1 hour of something and stretch (Done, biked and stretched)
Food
B: 1/2 bagel, peanut butter, coffee with stevia.
L: Smart dogs, sprouted grain bread, raw veggies.
Snack: Grapes.
Dinner: Black bean burrito, chipotle peppers, lettuce, tomato, onions.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My eating was not crap but I did have 2 glasses of wine last night and woke up this morning to 2.5 extra pounds. That can't be right. I'm going back to fitday...

Plan:
B~1/2 c nf cottage cheese, 1/4 c pineapple (150 cals)
S~clementine
L~garden salad w/left over steak
S~yogurt
D~salsa chicken and salad
gym for at least 1 hour
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

What are your thoughts on the new FitDay?

My weight is strangely, unexplainably going all over the place again. I'm having some hormone imbalance issues and going to the doc tomorrow, so I'll have to mention it. Some of the water weight fluctuations I'm having despite being on plan are ridiculous (last week, I literally gained and then lost 12 lbs of water within a 3 day timespan). I KNOW my eating is on track, and i KNOW my exercise is on track, so whatever.

In other news, a friend from middle school and high school, who is now a personal trainer, invited me to go to the gym with him on Wednesday. Is it weird that I'm nervous? I sweat! But I figure a PT has to be used to that, right?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
What are your thoughts on the new FitDay?
I obviously hadn't been there in a while, I was like, when did they change this? Anyway, it is prettier but otherwise still the same old thing really. I can't say that it is any easier or better, just a bit prettier.

Last edited by alinnell; 08-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #10  
Chuggin' along...

The weekend was still not POP. It was better than the last few. I'm still shooting for a POP weekend, but first I will deal with this week. Meals are planned, groceries stocked, workout schedule made.

Monday:
B - 1 c. Fiber One Honey Clusters, 1 c. sk milk, coffee
S - 2 kiwis
L - Curried Chicken & Brown Rice Salad, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery, 1/4 c. sour cream with home-mixed ranch seasoning
S - 1 oz. raw sunflower seeds, med. apple, 6 oz. lf yogurt
gym - 40 min. elliptical, 25 min. chest, I started to do abs and almost collapsed, I was so drained of energy. I'll try tomorrow!
D - 4 oz. chicken breast w/ sesame baked topping, salad, 2 Tbsp. light dressing, fortune cookie
S - 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
Reaallllly tired Monday night - watching the Olympics is interfering with my sleep!
Cal - 1628 cal

I just logged onto fitday and found the new format. I haven't had much time to play yet. I reserve judgement.

Last edited by Megan1982; 08-12-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #11  
slow and steady

I'm experimenting with using http://caloriecount.about.com instead of fitday. So far it's easier most of the time, but I miss things like being able to multiselect recent items and add them to today's log. They have a great recipe entry system though - I can just copy and paste a recipe from cooking light and it finds most of the foods without assistance. The only problem with the custom recipes is that they make it nearly impossible to enter in different multiples of servings. Also, for foods that are sized in servings instead of cups/etc, there is no way to enter less than one serving or something in between 1 and 2, and so forth.

In any case it has a lot more brand name foods than Fitday so I don't need to create a custom food for every single thing I eat, which is nice. They definitely need some work still but so far I like it.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #12  
No description available.

So yesterday went well. I got zero sleep and I ran around to catch a bunch of babies....I always wonder if that boosts my metabolism *at all*.....probably not. So now I am in my post call, sleep deprived haze which always has the interesting effect of feeling bingy to cope with stress/tiredness...and yet having no appetite at all. Go figure.

Plan for today:

eggs, pinto beans, red chile, cheese
peanut butter and jam sandwich, protein shake
exercise: 1 hr at the gym---will be a challenge, cause I'm tired and grouchy
protein shake and some kind of fruit
veggies and fish

Ugh....
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yesterday, Monday, was one of those rare days - I went under my calorie allotment. I always leave lots of nibble room, and yesterday - I didn't much.

Have a terrific Tuesday folks.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Tomorrow is my dh's birthday and he has requested meals that pretty much define the word "trigger" for me. I've got to hold on tight, particularly since I am responsible for all the shopping and cooking. Eek.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #15  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday was pretty good, although I didn't get my 30 minutes cardio in before yoga and yoga wasn't too tough. Eating was good, minus some sunflower seeds and a couple of triscuits after work.

Today!

B- Smoothie, Turkey bacon
S---not sure yet...
L-I think I'm taking leftover chicken, spinach & goat cheese salad, apple
S-hmm
D- I'm by myself tonight...Maybe a black bean burger.

I just realized I may not have tupperware clean to take my salad. I may do my classic standby---PBJ on a Whole wheat english muffin, apple, yogurt. Simple yet satisfying!

Exercise--I'm aiming to get Day 2 of Week 4 of C25K. And yoga.

Fit day people---I'm thinking of using it, at least for a little while. But I'm never sure what to enter for say, my smoothie I'm about to make. Do I just enter the separate ingredients(yogurt, frozen fruit, juice)?
DGAdDawg is offline   Reply With Quote