Exercise! - Walking Question

View Full Version : Walking Question

chellebaby
08-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Is it possible to lose weight walking 15-20 minutes 7 days a week versus walking 30-45 minutes 3 times per week? I also do light toning with an exercise band.

OnceUponADrive
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
It's definitely possible. Just do as much as you can, every little bit helps. I walk two laps around my office building every time I get up from my desk, even if only for 2 or 3 minutes.

frank
08-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, this is much possible and I think you have to try to eat protiened foods to do so also.

mazza
08-11-2008, 03:35 AM
As long as you are controlling your food intake (counting calories or otherwise) to ensure you arent eating more than you are burning - you will lose weight. Make sure you keep your routine varied, even if you change walking routes or duration - to continue to lose weight.

It would be best for you to do exercise 5 days a week for 30 minutes instead of a little bit every day or bigger chunks on three days. Cardio ( aerobic exercise), to truly benefit the participant, must be undertaken for a minimum of thirty minutes on most (5) days of the week.

This maintains fitness levels and assists in weightloss.

SunshineCA
08-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey! Get out there and go for it!!! :dancer:

amouse
08-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Walking is a great form of exercise.. i agree with the others watch your intake move your but and you will loose weight.. IMHO any exercise you feel confortable enough to do on a daily basis has to benefit you in the long run.. in the past i have lost weight with just walking alone.. but i get bored easily so now i mix it up.. walking.. elliptical. swimming.. aerobics.. mini tramp.. daily exercise makes me feel great.. its lifts my mood and helps me sleep.. if i had the choice of 3 days of 30-45 minutes walking and 7 of 15-20.. i would choose the 7.. becuase daily exercise keeps me happy..

Others might choose the 3 .. becuase that is what they prefer..

on average however i walk 3-5 days a week atm becuase its winter and an average of 60 kilometers a month

if you want to know how much you do go to www.mapmywalk.com (http://www.mapmywalk.com) and sign up fill in your training log and walks everyday .. and you'll know how much you do.. I LOVE IT!