Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #53

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #53

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2008, 03:02 PM
HI & :welcome2:to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Home of the BIG A$$ Walking Challenge!:running:

Come join us as we walk away the pounds this summer.

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

:woops: :lifter: :running: :exercise: :trampo: :swim: :yoga: :ebike:

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us! :cofdate:

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Good Morning!!

Happy Wednesday and all that jazz. I need to dash, big moving day at Baby Sisters house, figure the plan is to throw everything on the U-Haul without being packed. lol 1/2 the house is ready.....*eyes roll*.

Last month of summer!! Hope to get to goal this month if I stop fooling around w/ carbs and no exercise. I did sleep good last night because Rach was gone. Finished my book and it finally cooled off outside.

*sigh..........anyway, trying to get the water in today. I really don't want to help move but seems to be what I am doing today.

So, hope you all are having a super day!! :carrot:

Shopaholic1204
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hola ladies!!!

I'm taking a break from cleaning the closet. I'm covered in sweat right now..its so gross. I'm gonna take a much needed shower when I'm all done.

Omg..so me & Fonzo are offically bookworms. I always knew it was true, but its been confirmed. We have enough books in our entire place to have our own library. I'm going to save ONLY my fave books and donate everything else. I seriously do not wanna keep all those effin books.

I found sooooooooooo many old stuff in the closet too, lol. Stuff that I had when I was a teenager!! And stuff that I haven't seen in 3 years. I'm gonna keep most of my teen stuff..but get rid of everything else. Ugh...I dunno why we have so much crap.

Oh...and I think I might have carpel tunnel (spl?). My hands & wrists have been killing me non stop. It seriously hurts to move my thumbs too. I had to buy those support thingies for both of my hands!! So I look all pathetic when I have them both on, lol. I mostly wear them at night, cuz thats when the pain is the worst. Speaking of pain..my back & shoulders have been kiling me too. I'm falling apart at 23. Thats so not cool.

Oh and Fonzo is no help anymore. So I figure, if you wanna get something done, then you just gotta do it yourself. Which is why I'm cleaning the closet while he takes a nap. He doesnt even work long hours anymore. ****, he doesnt even WORK anymore. He just goes to the ship to sit down. Then he comes home and sleeps all freakin day and then goes to his computer. I've been the one doing everything while his lazy bum does nada. The only thing he does, is take the trash to the dumpster, and calls up all the important people. I stay up longer than him, I do much more stuff, I'm freakin tired, I'm sweaty all day long, my body is beyond sore. And on top of everything else..I'm seriously PMSing. I have major cramps (sometimes I cant even sit up..but I have to force myself to), my boobs are so far beyond just being sore. If anything accidently touches them, then I'm crying in pain. I swear to God..I'm gonna pop a grey hair or a wrinkle soon. Ugh!! Oh..I keep having massive massive headaches too. They're so bad its almost blinding. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I wish I had some help around here. But whatever..I'm done asking.

I dunno..maybe I shouldnt complain so much. He's gonna be doing all the driving. So I guess I could do all the cleaning. Lets just say its the PMS talking, lol.

One thing is for sure though. Fonzo owes me a gift certificate to a spa!! One where I can take a friend and spend the night there!!! I want a massage, facial, hot stones, waxing, etc.

Okay..back to cleaning. He's gonna wake up in half an hour to make himself useful.

wildthing
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey ladies- Sorry I havnt been on ina few days. We had some crazy things happening with the power so I couldnt get on then and ANdrews mom has been out of town for a month because his cousin was in a really bad car crash. He was fully ejected and is had plates put into the majority of his face below the eyes. He has some brain trama but no injuries if that makes sense. He is really lucky considereing. They thought he wasnt even gonna make it to the hospital. Looks like things will be ok just a long recovery because the goof didnt wear a seat belt. Anyways Andrew's mom was up there until yesterday and she finally came home. Its been crazy this week. Me and Andrew have a compitition going. Who ever reaches goal first gets whatever they want. He wants to loose 30 pounds and I want to loose 2 more sizes. He will probably beat me but....if it gets him on the wagon then fine. He wants nothing more than to loose weight. so I figure I could loose a challenge for that.

Moving is never fun. Yuck

Francie- I am sorry your stuck in this by your self. I hate it when guys are like that. Arg!!!

Susan- I have never helped anybody move but my self. I am not the least bit upset by that. I hate moving. Hopefully it isnt too too bad.

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Francie - pms and moving...what a combo. lol Just take it easy, can't be as bad as my sisters place.

which btw - I packed her kitchen and that was it. I was out of there. Like I mentioned before nothing was packed and she has known a year she was going to have to move. And she let her 14 year old go off and play at her girlfriends house today while I dragged my girls over to help. So, I did the min. and left. lol

Asia - I can pack pretty good, I need help w/ the furniture and stuff. My father always hired men to do that for me when he was alive. I have moved 6 times in 7 years, so I have thrown a lot of thinsg out that I don't even use and such. Anyway - good luck on the competition between you and Andrew!

:wave: to Crsitina, Mindee, Katy, Sue, Sassy, Jules, Tammy, and Carla!!

Did I miss anyone?? Hope not.

Think I am going o go clean my closet now that Francie mentions it.....lol.

chat tomorrow.

G'night

Mom2Gaby
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Sue & Mindee - You wrote that you weren't feeling well, hope you are feeling better tonight. :)

Cristina- You wouldn't *itch at V, would you ?? :) Hope you had a good day!

Katy - Still have to go look at your zumba link, hope you are surviving this heat!

k- going to get busy!

suetalks
08-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Hello....Hot and humid here today. I managed 3 miles this evening. I did run errands and went for a haircut today after the stomach started feeling better. Don't know what that was caused by...but it is better.

I'll be back tomorrow. Hi to you all.

Sassy_Chick
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Hello All. :wave:

Well tonight is a much brighter and calmer day. :) I have fell off the wagon a bit...........but I am not worried. I will just climb right back on! ;) I think I have been doing pretty good so one day is not so bad I don't think. I still have to get rid of the pop. Which will begin tonight and I'm working, so this is a big test. I have a pop now, but it won't last me all night long. So at some point I will have to drink water. ;)

My DH is an enabler. He bought me one of my all time favorite things --- DBL Stuffed Oreos! :dizzy: He brought them to me at work, so I am SHARING in hopes they are all gone by the time I leave in the am! lol.

Oh and I FINALLY went and got my blood drawn (A1C (Tests Blood Sugars for 3 months), Cholestrol) so that should make my dr happy, he has been harping on me to get that done for a long time now. I have a feeling though he won't be too happy to see the results of them though. I have a feeling they won't be all that great. I have been doing well, but I don't think its been well enough, at least to where I "Should be". But you never know I guess. I will find out the results on Friday. So I will let ya know. I am figuring the worst so if its better than I won't be devestated. I am thinking he'll be putting me on insulin. I know, I know DBL Stuffed Oreos are not good for me, but I do limit them. I only had 4 last night and I have so far had 4 and I hope that will be all for tonight!!! I hope my coworkers inhale the rest!!!

But I WILL do better. I have to have a serious talk with DH. He does the grocery shopping. He needs to stop buying me "goodies" that are not good for me. I know he does it because he wants to make me "happy" but its not doing me any good. :no: Not that I am blaming all on him mind you, I know I am just as much to blame, if not more. :yes:

I have got to get addicted to veggies some how. Any tips, recipes, etc on making veggies more yummy without adding any fat or sugar, lemme know. ;)

I still have to buy me an organizer to get myself organized and write down everything. Oh I know I can just write it down on a piece of notebook paper or on the notepad on the computer, but I seriously do want to be better organized.

Oh and DH has a interview tomorrow for a job!!! Keep your :crossed:

Suzy Q -- UGH moving. I hate moving. lol. But hey just look at this way -- its good exercise! lol. I need to get on the ball myself. Not just for WL anymore, but for my health. :yes: If ya wanna "buddy up" lemme know. ;) I need someone to give me a swift kick :kickbutt: once in a while! lol.

Francie -- All hot and sweaty eh? Sure you were only "cleaning" in the closet? :rofl: Big :hug: My DH has been lazy here lately too. Our apt is an absolute mess and he is currently not working. I am like, "What do you do while I sleep during the day and while I work all night?" lol. Aw well. If I was closer, I'd come and help ya!!! :)

Asia -- Sorry to hear about your cousin, but I'm glad he's ok. ;) Good luck on the competition! :)

Sue -- You go girl!!! :bravo: How do you do 3 miles???? I'd be lucky to do even one!!! :rofl: You are doing great!!! :D

Cristina -- Where R ya chicky?

Hi to everyone!!! :wave:

Big :hug: to all that need it!!!!

tommysgirl18
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
just popping in to see how every one is doing..

my monster headache from last night went away. so I am happy about that.

speaking of cleaning closets, we need to clean ours out. we have agreed on the last weekend of this month for the yard sale. Tommy realized that it is actually Labor Day weekend, so he is hoping that that will boost people coming over. we have this wagon that we have been trying to get rid of.

Just for grins and giggles, let me know what you think about this. We have one of the wooden radio flyer wagons with the detachable wood sides on it. We looked online and saw that they were selling on Walmart.com for over $100, so we put it on craigslist for $70 I think to start with. We now have it for $50 and still no bites. One of the maintenance guys here say it and I told him that if he wants it he can take it. Tommy said that he will sell it to him for $45. Is that a reasonable price?

Shopaholic1204
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Asia~Wow..I hope Andrew's cousin gets better quickly. That sounds so painful. Good luck with the competition!!

Susan~I'm pretty sure my place is worse. We've known for a long time that we'll be moving, and did nothing about it, lol. And we're doing it all in like 14 days, lol.

Sue~What does your hair look like now??

Sassy~My dh is an enabler too, lol. He brings home all the wrong foods for all the right reasons (aka PMS, to cheer me up, etc), lol. And YES...I'm pretty sure that the sweating came from just cleaning..LOL!!! Notice how I said..pretty sure..hahaha!!

Mindee~My friend wants me to save my books, so I can sell it at her yard sale, lol. I hope they sell, and whatever doesnt, then I'm just gonna give to the goodwill. No clue on the radio flyer..but I used to have one when I was little, lol.

Well..I'm pretty much done with the walk in closet. I just have to vacuum and organize in there. Then tomorrow I'm gonna work on the closet in the entry way. We have 5 closets in this place!! Dang, lol. All of them are filled with crap..LOL!! We're such pack rats..we're gonna end up on Oprah, lol.

Anyhoo..things with the hubby are better now. I told him that if he does the bedroom by himself and without complaining. Then he can either buy some Wii points (or whatever its called) or a brand spakin new Guitar Hero. And I told him that if he complains even once, then he doesn't get it. So hopefully he'll be a good boy and clean, lol.

Okay..I'm gonna chill out and watch some tv. Only 14 more days until we leave this state. 14 more days of having no a/c!!!

Sassy_Chick
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Sassy~My dh is an enabler too, lol. He brings home all the wrong foods for all the right reasons (aka PMS, to cheer me up, etc), lol. And YES...I'm pretty sure that the sweating came from just cleaning..LOL!!! Notice how I said..pretty sure..hahaha!!

Well..I'm pretty much done with the walk in closet. I just have to vacuum and organize in there. Then tomorrow I'm gonna work on the closet in the entry way. We have 5 closets in this place!! Dang, lol. All of them are filled with crap..LOL!! We're such pack rats..we're gonna end up on Oprah, lol.

Anyhoo..things with the hubby are better now. I told him that if he does the bedroom by himself and without complaining. Then he can either buy some Wii points (or whatever its called) or a brand spakin new Guitar Hero. And I told him that if he complains even once, then he doesn't get it. So hopefully he'll be a good boy and clean, lol.

Okay..I'm gonna chill out and watch some tv. Only 14 more days until we leave this state. 14 more days of having no a/c!!!

Francie -- LOL. I just had say it. hee hee. At least you have closets! I think we have 3 and a 1/2 in ours and they all are tiny!!! Ridculous! lol. I miss our walk-in closet we had in Upstate NY. It was SO nice!!!! UGH no air conditioning sucks! I think I would die without it as I am such a "hot-head". lol. I need to get organized myself. Our apt is a complete mess! Maybe I can get DH motivated to help me work on it this weekend. Maybe I'll use your idea!! ha ha. Except he has Xbox 360. But whatever works, right??? lol. Aren't they like having a Big Kid? lol.

Mindee -- No idea on the wagon either. I say go with your best judgement. We need to put a bunch of stuff on Craigslist too. I'm so sick of all the junk!!! I wish I was "Brave" enough to go on one of those organizing shows where they help ya get organized, but I'd be too ashamed!!! lol.

:hug:

tommysgirl18
08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Francie~ You don't by chance have any South Beach Diet books do you?

Sassy~ It is good to hear from you! I hope the going without pop is working well for you! I keep myself to one a day, if that!

Shopaholic1204
08-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Sassy~I hate having walk in closets. I used to have one at my house in Az..no wait..there were 2 walk in closets. Anyhoo..they were ALWAYS messy!!!!!!!!! Its just so easy to store crap in there and then forget about it, lol. I dont think I ever really used my closet growing up. All my stuff just hung over my desk chair or stayed in my mom's closet. Or you know..stayed on the floor..lol. Ahh..I miss those days, lol. Now that I'm married, I have to pretend that I know what I'm doing, lol. Oh..just bribe your dh with brand new games, lol.

Mindee~I think I might have one somewhere. I know Fonzo brought home one of those books once. I'll take another look, okay?? I have a Curves book.

Sassy_Chick
08-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Morning All. :coffee:

Well so far, no pop........and I feel the affects cuz I am tired. I mean I know I'm still at work and have an hour and 45 minutes to go yet and its been my long week (46 hrs) but still I'm usually not THIS tired..........UGH only an hour and 45 left..............I can make it............can't I? lolllllllll.

Francie -- I was the opposite with my walk-ins. I had everything organized, now with the teeny tiny closets everything is just stuffed in there. lol.

I just thought of something -- we do have coffee and tea here.......DUH.......:dizzy: I can get some of that at least and use some Sweet N' Low..........YES CAFFININE!!! :hyper:

Got some coffee and wow is it strong!!! I know it is freshly brewed because I heard it when I walked in the break room. Its the Starbucks Coffee, so I dunno if that is really strong or what but wow. I had to add 3 creamers (the little ones like you have in the restaurants and 2 sweet n lows! :yikes: well it should keep me awake, for how long is the question, I may never sleep!!! lol.

Have a Great Day All!!!

FrouFrou
08-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Hello ladies...

FRANCIE...you first, about the books...how about checking the phone book and see if they have a place that will buy them from you. I do that and have done that for years. Once I read a stack I have I am going thru all my books and only keeping a certain amount. Ones I will read again or like the ones that have series that I like. But instead of selling them this time I am going to go trade them at the used book store here and get more, lol. Kind of defeats your purpose of getting rid of them but they also buy. I sold a lot when I moved years ago...seem to get more from the bookstore than at a yard sale. Sorry Fonzo is being a turd and not helping...maybe the reward will put a fire under him, lol.

SASSY...I'm here, just not been in a posting/talkative mood, things on my mind-hubby's job, or I should say lack of. How's the job hunting going with your hubby?

MINDEE...I have no clue either about the wagon. Like someone else said, just go with what you think. I would think if someone thought it was too high they would offer less just to see if you would take it. Glad you finally got rid of the killer headache.

SUSAN...no, I would never bi*ch at V, lol...right! I love my husband but I like my space and he needs to go to work messing up my whole schedule, lol. Glad you enjoyed your time at the beach. I don't blame you for only doing the mine with the packing, lol. Figure me and V will have to help Josh & Char when he gets home. She has a bigger house planned when he gets home...just down the street from where she is, either help with the packing and moving or watching the kids and supervising, lol.

SUE...good job on the miles. I just got a haircut as well. Francie made me do it, lol. When she cut hers I liked it so much I had to cut mine...now I wish I hadn't :lol: Oh well, it's just hair and it will grow back soon enough. Didn't go too short...I've got a chunky face and just never have looked good with short, short hair...even though I love it. Glad your stomache is better.

ASIA...sorry to hear about Andrew's cousin. Nothing like a healthy competition to get and stay motivated. Maybe that's what I need to do. I do good with the exercise, it's the food. But I am working on it.

HIYA JULES, KATY, & TAMMY :wave:

Rainy day here today. But it is a lot cooler than it has been so I have the sliding door open and fans on. Didn't turn the air conditioner off but turned it up to 79 and it hasn't come on in a hour or so since doing it so...if it comes on I will close the door. Just trying to give it a much needed break.

Didn't get any exercise in and decided to take today as my free day. The plan was to get up at 5:30 and get some done before heading out at 7:30 but I was too lazy and slept in until 6:30'ish. Had to take my car in to have it checked and the oil changed and I had already showered so...anyway, that's about all that's going on with me. Doing some laundry and reading.

Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Good Morning -

Quickie because w/ Gaby home we never seem to get up til 10am now. Makes the day go fast and I am always behind schedule!

Ate broccoli w/ lite Italian dressing last night and after that I must have gobbled down 20 salt water taffy's. Why I did that I don't know. Actually, I do. It was because it tasted good. lol

Didn't finish The Quickie by Patterson, seemed a little too far fetched to me, the story line, I mean. So, I went to sleep.

anyway - I hear you about people getting your schedule all messed up Cristina!! lol

k- be back later after I get some things done.

Hi to everyone!! :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
doing a pop in while I wait for Tommy to get home from work so that we can go grocery shopping! I have my list all set to go, and I have my list of dinners, so we are doing great there! I just have to go over the lists one more time to make sure that I have every thing on there so we don't forget anything!

Francie~ What is the Curves book about? Is it about the Curves workout thing?

SuzieQ~ I hear ya! We get up around 9:30 or 10am every morning, and by then I am trying to get every thing back on track to where they were before school let out! I have been trying to get back onto that schedule, but we haven't achieved that just yet.

Sassy~ That sounds like me! I need some kind of caffeine to get me up and moving, and since I don't drink coffee, that only leaves pop and tea.

Cristina~ For some reason, I was thinking either $40 or $45. I think that Tommy wasn't thinking clearly when he put an amount on it. But that is beside the point. Any plans for this weekend?

sz2atheart
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I know that I've been MIA for quite awhile but I've had so much going on. While on our Myrtle Beach vacation a few weeks ago, my FIL passed away and it made for quite a crappy vacation. MB is about a 9 hr drive from our house and 4 hr from my in-laws so we had a ton of driving to do. We had just arrived in MB the day before he died and had seen him the morning before and he looked good. Oh well, we should all hope to live to 85!! Bless his heart, he was a wonderful man.

On a happier note...I'm just knee deep into wedding plans for both my kids and trying to redecorate 3 bedrooms (in anticipation of out of town guest).

Francie--13 days huh....if you need any help with navigating your new stomping grounds, give me a holler and I'll show you around Annapolis.

Cristina--how are you Hun?! (Francie, you gotta get used to "Hun", it's a Baltimore thing!)

Sassy--I do recall you being Diabetic. Good luck on your A1C results.

Mindee--how are the kiddo's?

I'm feeling like a stuffed pig about now. I came home early from work and we went out to a chinese buffet and the rice is expanding in my stomach as I type!! I've got a bridal shower (for future DIL) on Sat and then it's back to WW for me. Oh, and don't look at the ticker below my signature.....it lies ;)

Shopaholic1204
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Sassy~I always tried to be organized with my walk in closets. But that only lasted about a month, lol. My smaller closets are usually stuffed to the core with blankets, winter clothes, towels, holiday decorations, etc. LoL!!

Cristina~My friend is going to have a yard sale, and she wants me to save the books for that. So I figure why not? She just better have it asap, or I'll just give them all away. I dont really care about making money off of them though. Most of them I bought at the Goodwill anyways, lol. I do think the reward is working. He's been cleaning without complaining. So thats good. I know he wants that Guitar Hero badly!!

Susan~Mmm..I love salt water taffy!!

Mindee~I'm not sure..but I think this is the book that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Curves-Permanent-Results-Without-Dieting/dp/039952956X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218163363&sr=8-1

Tammy~Sorry to hear about your FIL. May he rest in peace. I will totally give you a holla when we get there, lol. We should be there around the beginning of Sept.

Okay well..I had a very busy day. I woke up around 6:30am-ish, lol. My plan was to clean while it was still cool in the morning..but when I got up..it was really warm in here, so that sucked. Then I spent a an hour emailing my friend, lol. So I really didnt start cleaning until 7:30/8. And it only took me a few mins to finish up the rest of the walk in closet. It looks very nice now. Afterwards I passed out until 11, woke Fonzo up at 1:30pm. Then I cleaned the entry way closet. I already have another bag ready for the Goodwill!! And am halfway through filling another bag. So thats 2 closets down, 2 more to go. :carrot: The 5th closet isnt really messy. It just has my old stuff in it..and it's just gonna get packed asap. So no need to clean that.

My back is soooooo sore. I'm like getting a major workout moving huge giant trash bags, and boxes everywhere. Plus..this place is so crowed with trash bags that I have to leap over everything, lol. So my thighs & feet are hurting too. My cats are having a field day with all the crap in here, lol. It's like one giant fort for them. They play all day then just pass out for the rest of the day, lol. They have such a hard life, :p. Whatever..all the trash is going out on sunday!! WOOHOO!!!

I'm excited for tomorrow. For one..I'm not gonna totally overdo it while cleaning. Well..I'll at least try not to, lol. But I plan on taking a nice HOT shower, and doing my nails while watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Then on saturday..it will be our last day in Seattle. :(
So we'll be there for most of the day. I think I'm going to miss Seattle the most. I really like it there...

Anyhoo..I'm gonna get going. Why do I always write so much stuff?? LOL!!

tommysgirl18
08-08-2008, 12:33 AM
just popping in.......I didn't get quite a work out like Francie, but we went grocery shopping, with all three kids, so that was a work out in itself. Especially when Brandon would walk away with one of the baskets with either Logan or Marissa in it, so I was literally running down the aisle to get the basket and Brandon before one or both ended up hitting something!

Francie~ If you are looking for a new home for the Curves book and the South Beach book (if you have one), I will be more then happy to take them off your hands. Those weren't the ones that your friend was taking, were they?

Tammy~ It is so good to hear from you! The kids are doing well! Brandon and Logan are having a blast watching me chase them when they run out the front door, Marissa is gearing up to walk here shortly.......she has taken some steps by herself the past few days. So, I will be off to the races here shortly!

Shopaholic1204
08-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Mindee~No, I was just going to sell them all at her yard sale..But if you want the books you can have them for free. Can I send them to you after I get to Annapolis though??

FrouFrou
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Good morning, chickies...

Up bright and early...love it when it is so cool like this...made for a nice walk.

TAMMY...so sorry to hear about you FIL :hugs: Sounds like you are a busy little bee. Have fun at the shower.

FRANCIE...I love Seattle too! But you will have new adventures in a new city that I am sure you will love even more! Take it easy with the packing and cleaning...it definitely is a workout so don't over do it. Take lots of breaks missy, that's an order, lol.

MINDEE...sounds like you guys had an adventure of your own with the kids at the store! No plans for the weekend here...some staining I think. V is finally going to finish the pergola...it is actually finished but he wanted to add to the side...just never got around to it. I also plan on playing catchup with my reading...only one book read and should have had at least two, lol.

SUSAN...for some reason The Quickie didn't interest me at all. Of course I think there are a lot of his books I don't care to read but want to stick with the Alex Cross series...feel a bond there and have to keep up with my Alex, lol. When do the kids head back to school? They go back here the 14th...I swear it gets earlier every year.

HI to everyone else :wave:

And speaking of staining...that is what I am doing today as well. Got my walk in this morning and will do a dvd later. Have a load of laundry to get done and take the recycling to the bin and that's about it for my day. Just trying to get some computer time in before I start at 9'ish. The grass is wet and don't really want to be in it so...

What are your plans for the day and weekend? Anyone doing anything special or fun? Have a great day whatever you do!

I'll be back a little later to chat some more. :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-08-2008, 02:03 PM
nothing really major on this end........at least not right now!

Logan is in his room, supposed to be taking a nap. BUT he is also grounded as well! He decided that it would be fun to run across the parking lot and down the trail that leads to the gas station and the busy main street that we live behind. so, needless to say, I got a work out and he got grounded!

Francie~ Thank you so much! That is not a problem at all! How is the cleaning coming along?

Cristina~ That was a work out in itself! And then I had yet another work out today! I think they just like to see me run! Girl, you are kicking my butt in the walking, I better step up my game! I still have to make it over to that website, goodreads, I think. I have been meaning to get over there, maybe I will do that here in a second. Or at least bookmark the page so I can come back to it.

Mom2Gaby
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Morning -

Just another fly by, pmsing today. Oh joy. Up on the scale to 151 :yikes: one of those weeks, munchies overtook me. :cry:

Kids go back here on the 3rd Cristina! yay......

Need to get Gabster to her doctors appt after I go change the ole ticker.

You all have a good Friday, will try and get back on later this afternoon.

Mom2Gaby
08-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Hey all :wave:

Was I the last to post?? I have a second now before I start getting Gabster ready for a trip to the park. She needs to get out and run some energy off....her check up has her at 87 pounds and 4'5 so spent most of the visit talking about healthier ways to live by.....her tv time is suppose to be cut to 60 minutes, no more slurpee's, no more fast food, more veggies and fruit. blah - blah....and we were sent on our merry way. I bought carrots and broccoli because she will eat that and some low fat ranch dressing, G likes to dip her veggies. Anyway, her doctor I liked a lot, in her 1st year as an intern, sent Gaby down to the *safety station* to pick up a bike helmet.

So, anyway. I am planning another trip down to the coast Sunday, thinking of relocating and if I do it will be in the next 2 weeks.

If that happens I will be right behind you in packing Franice!! :) Sounds like you are a busy bee and I agree about Seattle, it is so beautiful up there.

awww,poor little Logan and getting grounded....you are right though Mindee, he needs to be safe and be aware of danger. He sure keeps you hopping, huh??

Sassy - How is the pop drinking going??? I love Starbucks coffee, a grande keeps me going most of the day.

Cristina - I have Cross, maybe I will read that tonight. I finished Mistaken Idenity last night. Just the beach for me, weather won't be as nice as last weekend though but the salt water taffy will be there :yikes:

Tammy Very sorry about your FIL but it is nice to see you back posting. :)

k- time is up.... :wave: to Katy, Jules, Sue and Carla!!

Feeling fat, feeling bloated tonight...I so hate TOM/FLO or whatever the Eve curse is called. lol

toodles!!

Shopaholic1204
08-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Cristina~Does sleeping for an entire day count as taking a break? LoL!! Because thats basically what Fonzo & I did on friday. Fonzo actually slept more than me. I woke up at 11, then went back to sleep at 3. He didnt wake up until 6pm, lol.

Mindee~Okay..The book is yours..same w/the SBD. I'll move them to my regular book box and put a post it on it to remind me. And in case I dont unpack that box, remind me once I get to Annapolis, lol.

So like I told Cristina..we slept all day long. It was totally worth it. My body doesnt feel so sore anymore. Thank God!!! LoL!! But its back to cleaning on sunday. I'm gonna try to do as much as possible. I guess our next day off from cleaning will be on the 12th, cuz thats when Fonzo is off the ship. We're gonna go out to dinner & see a movie.

I'm very excited for Seattle. We'll actually be going up the Space Needle again. Which will be our 2nd time!! We're also gonna go to Pike's Market Place, and to the Pier. And maybe to the shopping area. MAYBE, lol. I dont trust myself in that area. I'm gonna take lots and lots of pictures!! So ya..I should be going to bed now. TTYL!!!

FrouFrou
08-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Good morning, ladies...

Okay, so I was going to get back on last night but that didn't happen. The staining took longer than I was hoping...nothing like watching stain dry. Of course the plan was to finish it all today with starting early this morning but that isn't going to happen-it is raining and looks like it will all day. Wasn't supposed to start until tonight and into tomorrow.

Got in half my walk but got rained on and was running home so I didn't get soaked. Now I have to hit the treadmill and possibly do a dvd. I am cutting back on my walking/exercising...will do 90 minutes a day now. Mind you I may go over that once in a while but I am aiming for 90 minutes. Thinking I've been overdoing it. Now to get on track with the eating...ugh! According to the scales I am up to 187 EGADS! :yikes: I honestly don't see how I gained 5 pounds this past week but who knows. I actually thought I did better than weeks before. But that has made me wake up because I refuse to gain this weight back, I REFUSE!

SUSAN...so jealous of you moving to the coast. Sorry about the scale...I'm with ya there. :hug: But I know you will get back down, you are doing great! And little Gaby, I did not realize she was that tall. Or is that average for her age? She's definitely going to be tall isn't she? She's growing up too fast for sure too! I liked Cross and Double Cross, and Mary, Mary and cannot wait until the next one comes out...Double Cross kind of left me hanging, ugh! Just started Lean Mean 13...Janet Evanovich is another fav.

MINDEE...you definitely have your hands full with little Mr Logan dont'cha? You know what, they may have you running all over the place after them, but when that stops you will miss it and remember back and laugh at all the good times. They grow up too fast. I love Goodreads...good way to keep track of my books read, books I want to read and such. There's so much to see and read and it's not just books. I like reading the reviews too.

FRANCIE...yes, sleeping all day counts, lol. I wish I could sleep all day :( From getting up early, (even though most days I am dragging and hate it)my body has gotten used to it and if I stay in bed longer my body aches/hurts...it gets stiff too. So as much as I hate getting up early I drag my old body out of bed. Right now though, I am sleepy, lol. When are you guys going to Seattle, is/was that today? Enjoy it!

HIYA SUE, KATY, JULES, TAMMY, SASSY and anyone reading this.

Well, I am going to do some lurking and a little bit of posting. I will be back later today for sure, need to add my miles walked for the day and going to recheck my total...for some reason I think that is off and not to my advantage. Nothing to do today with the rain messing up things.

Take care all, and have a great day!

suetalks
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Good morning...or I hope it is good for all you ladies. I am feeling pretty rough this morning and don't know why. Seems I have been nauseous several days this week. Enough so that Mom and DH asked me if I was pregnant. Ha ha ha..can you see that? I am 59 years old. (and I don't have the baby making parts anymore)

Thurs. and Fri. I sewed all afternoon. I was making skirts and hats for water bottles...yep, you read it right. DD took on the project for her church fair. DSIL designed, DD shopped and I sewed. LOL... Actually only had to make 3 "outfits" for those huge bottles. They use them for people to drop donations in. It is a Back to School fair and proceeds supply back packs and school supplies to the needy. Kind of a cute idea...and I like donating my time. Now it has me wanting to do more sewing, so I think I will start making fleece or flannel p.j's for winter.

I definetly have been OP for a few days. Haven't felt like eating much and being busy sure keeps me from snacking. So, you say...the key is to keep busy? I agree. I have too much spare time on my hands...and I nibble. Gotta take on more projects.

I only rode 1 mile last night, so although I counted it, I am calling that my day off. :)

Cristina- Maybe you ate too little this week? I hear of gals who drop the calories drastically and the body goes into "store" mode.

Francie- Have fun in Seattle and don't get too stressed about the move. It will all work out.

Mindee- I know why the Lord gives little ones to young people. He knows they need lots of energy! I get tired just reading about your babies.

Susan- I also envy your move to the coast. Are their many jobs there, or will you commute? I remember you lived there before, so I am sure you know what you are doing.

Katy- Could you post your blog addy or PM it to me? When I had a glitch I cleaned so much off my computer and I can't find you....Thanks. I love seeing your photos and reading about your life. :) I just do not care for Myspace. I have a name on there for my CA son and daughter to contact me and that is it. (and since they DON'T very often I might cancel that)

Sassy- Hope DH is having luck with the job search. Stay well and positive.

Tammy- So sorry to hear about your FIL. Keeping busy with these weddings will be the best thing for you...and just think of all the exercise, running around, etc. :)

Jules- How are you doing? I have been thinking about Teri and wondering if she is okay. She has been through a lot. I know you are enjoying Dominic....what a cutie.

Okay, I am off to see what I need to do for the rest of the day. I would prefer going to bed and pulling the covers over my head. Not an option however. Have to take Baby to the groomer in a bit, then groceries and who knows what else.

HAve a good week-end all.

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Good Morning!

Yee haw, I am back to 150 this morning, thank goodness. I get so distracted with the messed up schedule we are on and the heat makes me restless and .........ya, pig out week fer sure..at least it is down now. It gets so frustrating!!

Sue - what a cute idea about the water bottles! Maybe it is the heat that is making younot feel well?? Or not enough liquids??? :dizzy:

Cristina - Hang in there about the weight! It is like the 2 steps forward and 3 step back dance I seem to be doing too. But you are still doing awesome ,especially in the exercise dept.

:wave: to everyone else........ Mindee, Katy, Sassy, Jules ((where ARE you?!?!?!)) Tammy, Carla , Asia and Francie!! How you ladies are enjoying your weekend.

So, ya. I might move to the coast....Cristina and Sue already have me moved...lmao. I am going down tomorrow to look at 3 places , they are all in Astoria, where I want to be because of the river. When I lived in Warrenton we were near the marina but not the beach. So, at least in Astoria the river and bay are right there and it is so peaceful. Plus if I did move there Gaby would go to the Kindergarten Cop school that was in the movie. I know. What a flakey mother I am to move my child for a school but it is a really cute school. :dizzy:. I have a friend that runs his own property management business along w/ his wife so he has lined these places up for me tomorrow. One is 4 stories ((Victorian style))w/ a basement, main floor, 3rd floor is 2 bedrooms w/ a bath and the 4th floor is a loft that could be a bedroom, also the beasement is finished and could be a bedroom....for a grand total of $750.
I just figure I might as will be a *Happy Mother* instead of a miserable mother. I lived on the coast for 11 years, it really is where I was happiest, even when I was overweight and it is where I lost the 110 back in 2000, so I know I would be happy there, and being near the water is something that brings a lot of peace of mind ((I know,....what a loon - lol )) .I mean, I use to be a nice person (true) I never use to yell at SUV mom's or other be so annoyed with other people...I blame it on city life :yes:......also there is a 4 miles paved walkway along the riverfront that is right outside most of these apartments ((ok, might have to walk 2 or 3 blocks but still close!))
So, I will see what happens tomorrow. Cross Fingers!!

You all have a good day. I HAVE to clean my closest and toss a lot of junk out.

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Isn't that pretty?? You can see the trolly tracks and the walking path goes along side it for the 4 miles. The bridge is 4 miles long and goes to Wash. ((Columbia river)) The other 2 mile bridge goes south over to Warrenton and that is where the bay is....*sigh......anyway, just blabbering and hoping. :D

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/larryjfr/Life%20Across%20America%202008/06-14-08%20--%20EugeneOR/IMG_3152.jpg

suetalks
08-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, ya Susan....you mean you are NOT moved yet??? Seems like Cristina and I did have you moved already, but hey, it sounds good to me. I love anything near the water and have never been fortunate enough to end up near an ocean, lake or river. We almost bought a lot on a pond when we built our house, but it had no trees, nada, and I love trees too. Quite a toss up! DH threw his vote in for the wooded lot and we have been happy with it.

Have fun tomorrow and I will remember that you are not moving YET. :hug:

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Sue- haha.....I will let you know for sure tomorrow or Monday. I need to have a place lined up asap before I can hope it would happen. The person that is showing me the 4 story place says he will bring the paper work to sign. I saw the outside last weekend and it is beautiful and so close to the water. I think at the 4th floor you could see the river view.
anyway - hate to get my hopes up and I am spending too much time thinking about it for it not to happen now. lol So, I am acting like I am moving by cleaning and boxing up so I am prepared.

- Sigh........what a nut I am......lol k - out of here!! :wave:

FrouFrou
08-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Hiya ladies, back again :D

SUSAN...oh, I knew you hadn't moved or had a place yet, but still jealous because I know you will probably move there. the beach is and has always been a place of calm for me. That is the one thing I miss about CA, the beautiful beaches. You are not a loon! What's funny, after the movie Ring 2 I wanted to move to Astoria. I actually started looking at real estate and jobs there and the hubby thought I was crazy, lol. Okay, so I am crazy but that is beside the fact :lol: Just a beautiful place from what I saw, and not just from the movie. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya. :crossed: WTG on being at 150! :woohoo: Oh, and that is a beautiful picture!

SUE...I kind of laughed at the skirt and hat for the water bottles...had a visual. Thinking, why does a water bottle need to be dressed? They sound really cute! Oh, I didn't drop my caloric intake drastically...I never drop the calories too low. Of course I don't count them but I know less than 1200 a day for me would be bad. I didn't eat so badly though...no junk, and especially no choc donuts so I have no clue what's up. I know I was busy a couple of days and didn't get any water the one and maybe one bottle the other. Could just be my body being stupid...who knows. But I do plan on keeping track of what I eat this week to make sure I am getting enough. I agree...keeping busy is the key to not overeating.

Hello again to everyone else :wave:

MINDEE...almost forgot, those miles walked are from January 1, 2008. I can't remember what I did last year, around 900 something I believe and thought I would up it for this year. I was worried I wouldn't make it but pretty sure now I will. Hope you and the fam are enjoying your day.

Did I mention I pulled a muscle in my stomache? Ummm, yeah, and all I can say is ouch! Did it Thursday evening and didn't bother to do anything about it and it's still pretty sore. Doing the IB and ice thing today and taking it easy. It's killing me but no weights probably for a week, we'll see. Just make up the weights with walking, no biggee, and Leslie Sansone. And speaking of walking...I did get a little over 4 miles today but have yet to figure out my numbers so didn't add it. I think I am over by 10 miles but not sure yet so...I'll check it later and then fix it tomorrow or Monday. Well, I am off to lay down with some ice on my belly.

Take care ladies, and enjoy your weekend! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Cristina - ouch to your pulled stomache muscle!! I hope the ice helps. You know when I weeded a few weeks back I strained my back, now the weeds are growing back and to heck if I am weeding again. lol

mmmm, I had a lean hamburger patty w/ salsa on top and I had some corn chips...kind of a nacho thing for dinner.

Yep, had to break from thought and chat food. haha

If I do move Cristina you will have a place to come and visit! Maybe you and V will like it so much you might stay. I love Astoria. A lot of people get depressed in the winter w/ all the rain but I never did..... :dizzy:

Rebecca has always loved going back and seeing the Catholic school she attended when she was young, maybe if I move back there she will want to come down and visit. I mean I live a mile from her now and she has never spent the night. lol

anyway - off to Blockbuster to get Rach Basketball Diary's, whatever that is about. Going to just read Cross and get some sleep tonight, and leave early for the coast. I might spend the night but I might not.....depends. If I get the apt I might stay to visit the school and get things set up for Gaby. Ok, horse before the cart......

night all . :wave:

Mom2Gaby
08-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Cristina - I meant to ask in the other post ...who is Little Alex in the Alex Cross series?? I thought in Along came a spider Alex had 2 children and it does mention that when Maria was killed she was pregnant but she wasn't long enough in her pregnancy for there to be a baby who survived ??? So,,,who is Little Alex???
anyway,,,,,tic toc, tic toc,,,,,it is like a game show question. haha

Also, I never saw Ring 2. I have seen Goonies, and Kindergarten Cop that were filmed in Astoria. Someone was saying that Arnold liked the area so much he bought a house here but not sure if that is true. blah blah. It is a beautiful area though with a lot of history.

k- now going to Blockbuster!!! Night again. :wave:

wildthing
08-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey ladies.... This week has been so crazy. Like bad crazy. Ugh. I am so glad it is over. I am down to 165. In 4 more pound it will be a full 20 lost. I am so proud. I plateaued big time but I started walking again instead of tae bo every day and I have broken through it. I figure when I plateau again I can go back to tae bo. I can just go back and forth. Monday the bet between me and Andrew starts. If he wins he gets musket loading stuff. If I win I get a charm from James Avery for my bracelet. A butter fly one. It represents new beginnings. I felt like my unhealthy fat is a cocoon and There is a healthy butterfly who is ready to break out. Soon. His goal is to loose 30 pounds and mine is to be a size 8. Both very attainable. I know he will probably win but I know he wants so bad to be healthy so if it takes me loosing to get on the wagon then I will loose gladly. I am still gonna try though. Anyways I know I havnt been doing indys but me and my mom are gonna have a girls night so I gotta go. I will try harder to do my indys. I will def be able to do some tomarrow. I read them all but It just takes so long to reply sometimes. I hope you all are doing great in your weightloss efforts. Andrew's cousin is still recovering but his surgary went really good. Just keep him in your prayers. His name is Kurt. Thanks guys!!!

tommysgirl18
08-10-2008, 01:06 AM
well, I didn't have to chase anybody, or at least that far, on Saturday! we got up at about 10:30 am but it was so nice to sleep in!

I have a wisdom tooth that is bothering me, so I have been numbing it with some Oragel type medicine, and taking some Motrin when I can't stand the pain. I am debating if I should put a ice pack on it or not.

we went to the mall and walked around. I went into Torrid and saw some great things! Tommy smelt this perfume that they have there called Darling Delilah that he said smelled good....so I sprayed some of the test bottle on me. Then we went into Lane Bryant. They were having a store closing sale, so I was looking around!

On a side note, it sucks being short! Tommy kept pulling out pants and capris and holding them against me to see what they would look like. what sucked the most, is that some of the pants were fine, but then some of the capris looked like regular pants. And forget the skirts! I kept picking up the ones that would hit the knees of women who are say 5'6" and taller, but on me they looked like they would hit the floor! ok, so I am not that short, but you can picture it right?

Francie~ That is not a problem at all!

SuzieQ~ I hope you can find something that you like! We are the same way! When we lived in the town house not that far from my parents, we were a mile off of Lake Huron. Now, we are right across the street from Lake St. Clair. We love living by the water, and we have discussed staying out in this area because we love it so much!

Sue~ Sometimes I think the kids have more energy then me! They took it easy on me when I was pregnant, and now they are more then making up for it!

Cristina~ I hope you heal soon! Even still, you are doing great on your miles since the beginning of the year!

Asia~ It is good to hear from you! I will definitely continue to keep Andrew's cousin in my prayers! I hope you had fun with your mom!

hello to those that I missed.......I am going to head to bed soon, since I can feel my eyelids getting heavy

sz2atheart
08-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Got so much to do today so just a quickie here! The shower went really well yesterday. Not too many people because my future DIL will have a bigger one in VA next month. She was so surprised. I bought 3 pcs of Samsonite luggage for their honeymoon and will buy a few more pcs as a wedding gift.

As soon as I finish my tea, I'm heading up to prep my DS's old bedroom to start painting. It's a small room and we should be able to whip it out in no time. Just gotta wait for DH to get home from golfing which should be about 12. I'll tape everything, vacum, spackle and sand and then place that paint roller in DH's hand as he walks in the door :D

My DD and I went to a florist yesterday, before the shower, to price flowers for her wedding in June and we didn't have a clue on what to ask for. After coming up with a few suggestions and a price, we still are not sure if the price is good so we are going to check out another florist and compare. Wednesday we plan to do a cake tasting and pick the bakery. All the big vendors should hopefully be chosen and my DD and I will just concentrate on all the little things over the next 9-10 months and I can switch gears and focus on my DS's wedding. Whew :dizzy:

Tea is finished and I'm going to switch the laundry and head upstairs to start preping the room......oh I hate to paint :mad:, love the results, but hate to paint!

suetalks
08-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Good morning. It is really lovely here this a.m. even after raining/storming in the night. It makes everything smell so fresh and clean. I fixed myself an English muffin and nectarine to head out to the pergola for breakfast. Quickly realized the chairs were wet, so sat on the back porch instead. No matter, it was peaceful. I am still not up to par, side hurting, but much better than all week. Someday they are going to realize what I have been telling them: I need my gallbladder out. PERIOD.

I am going to read the papers and drink more coffee. I will probably sweep all the floors today and dust a little, but nothing major. No plans at all..so I will watch the Olympics. Anxious for Tues. night. A little 15 year old diver (the youngest Olympian) is from our area and I have read about her in the news. I hope she does well with her partner. I think it is synchronized diving.(?)

Back later.....

Mom2Gaby
08-10-2008, 12:31 PM
synchronized diving?? I never heard of such a thing Sue, seems dangerous. :yikes: Is it synchronized swimming?? I see in the Oregonian a girl from Oregon won a gold in the saber (fencing ??) competition. I was looking forward to the 2 brothers and sister ....I think they are from California.
:dizzy: Does THAT make any sense??? lol

Sue- Hope you are feeling better!! :)

Tammy - Have you watched Bridezilla?? I loved those shows. One young 18 year old had plastic flowers....think it was like red, white and blue theme...anyway, on her wedding day she realizes how ugly they are and cries up a storm. lol Poor thing. Have fun painting! :)

Mindee- We aren't short!! I am the shortest in my family at 5'4 and with Gaby being 4'5 she will probably pass me soon....and she is only 6.5! Hope you get some relief for that tooth!! :hug:

Asia- Love the idea of a butterfly charm. I really like the idea of a tattoo also,..I know. That is a ransom thought but I would like to get a butterfly tattoo or something like that. :bravo: at being 165!

I better scoot!! I woke up and had a yogurt. I might get a Burger King grilled chicken salad in the road today. It probably has 6/700 calories, don't you think?? Ugh

Hi to Cristina, Francie, Sassy , Carla, Katy and our Grandma Jules!! :)

Chat later

Shopaholic1204
08-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Hola everyone!!! I'm back for a little bit. I'm still soooooo tired from yesterday. We went to Seattle and had a lot of fun. I got a lot of great pics. I just wish I had some paper & ink to print them out, lol. But I've uploaded them onto myspace.

Soo...we're leaving here next week!! Ugh God..its all happening so fast now. We gotta like speed clean, lol. Fonzo says that it doesnt matter if its not perfect, cuz we wont be living in military housing ever again. But I'm a little OCD, and want things to be perfect, lol. I'm trying the best that I can. We're supposed to clean today..but all I wanna do is crawl back in bed. One more day off wont totally hurt right? I just know next week is gonna be extremely stressful. Also..I dont think I'll have the internet anymore after this week. I'm already feeling withdraws and a little panicky about that, lol.

Anyhoo..I'm gonna take a nap..and hopefully I'll have the energy to clean when I wake up. I just need to do 2 more closets and I'll be DONE. Ugh..why does this seem like such a drag?

Oh Sue..I love synchronized diving!!! I'll be sure to watch it!!

tommysgirl18
08-10-2008, 03:30 PM
just popping in here while I have a chance.

Tommy had to go back to walmart to take back some meat that we bought on Thursday. It was really gross when he cut into it, so he called and talked to the manager, and the guy told him to bring it in and that they would either let him exchange it or refund his money. we are having chili for dinner, and he wants some cornbread, so I am about to get that into the oven right now.

Tammy~ Sounds like things are coming along nicely with everything!

Sue~ I am watching the Olympics right now. Tommy and Brandon went to go help a friend of ours with his truck. Logan is protesting because I told him he had to lay down.

SuzieQ~ So, are you moving? LOL how did the house hunting go? thanks for the hug, my mouth is feeling better, right now anyways. I am waiting for Brandon to pass me. He is already just above my waist. when I had to measure him for his car seat he was measuring in at 39 or so inches.

tommysgirl18
08-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Francie~ you snuck in one me........I hope you can get the energy to get some cleaning done.

suetalks
08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.nbcolympics.com/diving/resultsandschedules/index.html

Yeah, it is 10m platform diving (synchronized) I went to NBC and looked up all of the Olympic events I want to watch. Then I had them alert my e-mail when the competitions I wanted were coming on. Easy and will keep me informed.

The girl from here is Mary Beth Dunnichay. Be sure and watch for her. I hope I am not jinxing her....but she is only 15 and will no doubt have more than one Olympic attempt. Don't you think? I hope she gets some good coverage. Her partner is from CA.

And Susan...thanks for the good thoughts, but I am still feeling like do-do. :(

Sassy_Chick
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi all. :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA. I just have not felt like being on the computer when I was off. Figure I spend 13 hrs a night at work on one, don't really feel like being on one on my time off.........

Well I got my results from my bloodtests. They were actually GOOD! :carrot: My A1C went from 9.6 down to a 7.2! (They like you to be under 7) So I am ALMOST there! Woo-hoo! A1C for those who do not know, is a way of measuring your blood glucose levels over 3 months.

Also my cholesterol levels are normal too! They went from 217 down to 173!!! :cheer2: (they like them to be under 200) He said all my other levels were fine, except my "Good" Cholesterol levels could be a little higher, but they were not that bad, they were 35 and they like them to be at least 40. But all in all, he was very pleased, with me. As for my DH, his were very high. So he put him on medication and I have been making DH take the fish oil pills that I take.

So that is good news for me, bad news for dh, but if I can do it, so can he! Esp since we've been eating better, and we can do even better. ;) Dr. said that he thinks by me giving up or limiting my soda, that should bring my A1C levels below 7. I am working on that one. So far I have limited myself to 1 a day, but its been tough.

Sorry to bore you with my testing results, but I have worked really hard for those and they are way more important than weightloss, which should be happening too since I'm doing better, I just never weigh myself.........Need to get a scale yet.......:dizzy:

Oh and Cristina reminded me -- DH's interview that he had Thursday went well, keep those :crossed:! I hope things get better for your dh, Cristina!

I just wanted to share something. A coworker of mine is currently in the hospital with heart problems, now he is not fat and infact eats very healthy. We are keeping him in our thoughts and prayers, but just wanted to remind everyone, that its just not fat people who get heart or health problems. Infact, right now, I have better cholesterol levels are better than my mother, who is very thin and always has been. So just a friendly reminder to pls get your cholestrol and blood pressure and all of that checked out reguarly. I know I have been laxed on it, but I am gonna be more on it and be sure I go in for my blood work like I am supposed too. If you do not have insurance, check out your local churches and red crosses and look in your paper. A lot of times they have free cholestrol, etc screenings.

:hug: to all that need it right now.

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 12:09 AM
just popping back in here really quickly......Tommy wants some cookies, so I will be heading into the kitchen here in a second to make him some cookies.

Sue~ I will be watching for her! I have been enjoying the Olympic coverage.

Sassy~ That is great to hear about your results! and here you thought that they were all going to be bad.

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Mindee -- Your such a good wifey. lol. My dh wanted cake lastnight. I didn't make any. lol. Yeah our dr. gave my dh his results first and his were bad, then he goes, now for your wife..........I took a deep breath, he looked at the results then smiled and said "he was very pleasantly surprised." :) It felt good even though my DH's was not so good, but we will work on it and mine can be better. ;)

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Sassy~ Tommy just knows that he will be returning the favor for my birthday! he already said that he would make me a cake for my birthday.......now let's see if he actually remembered what I told him I wanted!

RosieKate
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Sassy- I am so proud of your numbers! I don't find it boring at all - we are all obsessed with numbers around our house, lol! DH has worked very hard to get his numbers better. You are so right about how you really can't tell by looking at someone. My DH ran a marathon 5 years ago and you would think that being in that great of shape would mean a great cholesterol level - wrong! He didn't get changes until he cut way back on sugars, now his numbers are great and he doesn't have to take meds, which tend to not work very well anyway.

Mindee - chili and cornbread sounds so good right now! My mom gave me her recipe for recipe for corn bread that uses canned corn. It's really good..I was waiting for some corn from the garden to make it, but I don't think I can make it that long.

Susan- Astoria is so beautiful...how did your apartment visit go?

Francie - I just read an article in EW about Stephanie Meyer - guess fans are really upset with her over the new book. I thought about you 'cause I know you're a fan-.. is it really that bad? I feel for you on the moving :hug::hug::hug:here's some hugs to keep you moving :)

Sue - I'll keep an eye out for her...not watching too much Olympics, though ( is that heresy or what?) It's all political so I won't get into it here. I may watch some over the next week at my mom's. I hope you feel better and I hope you can find a doc who will help you get your gall bladder out. What are the reasons why they won't do it now? Oh...here's (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com) my blog ( click on the link) I put some art and finished projects up in the last week

Asia - yay on 165! My DH just made it to 163, which got me off my butt, let me tell you! 'Course he is training for a marathon and cutting back on bread..if I did that I would be losing lots as well.

Tammy - glad the shower went well - you sure sound busy! I need to finish painting my living room, but it's hard with young-uns running around. Guess I'll get it done when they trot off to school.

Cristina - how's your tummy - are you feeling better? V still on strike? I hope that gets settled soon for everyone's sake. My DH' union was thisclose to striking a few years back and it's very stressful so :hug::hug:for you and him.

Jules - Hey there - hope you are alright - I'm sure you are really busy.

I think I got to everyone..if I didn't HI:wave: Since I returned from my class, we started up with midday swimming lessons at the outdoor pool, which tend to stretch into hanging out at the pool for lunch and open swim..then the next thing you know it's time for dinner and the day is shot. So not much posting. I did attend my 25th high school reunion last weekend and that was so much fun! Definitely the most relaxed of all the reunions I've been to...we are all hoping to connect a bit more regularly in the future. Lots of people have stayed local. Not hard to justify, since the Portland area is a great place to live. I'll be hitting the road with the kids to see family soon, so hopefully I'll get back to post some here and there...sorry I haven't been around much. When I get computer time, it's constantly interrupted by kiddoes. C'est la vie!

Weightwise -I'm holding steady. Hub's gotta try to keep to 100g of carbs a day to try to control his blood sugars. I already limit mine, but I get lazy, so I told him I will work on this as well out of support, and so that dinner time is a little less complicated. Not going to make so much pasta and pizza, lol! I reset my goals on Sparkpeople, upping the fat and protein, and keeping the carbs to no more than 150g so we'll see how it goes. Aren't we a pair? This is what middle age looks like people!

Have a great day everyone!

Mom2Gaby
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Good Morning

Sassy- Yay to the results! I bet that is a huge relief :)

Mindee- You are a good wife and mother, I have always been impressed :D What kind of cake did you decide for your birthday?

Katy - What high school did you attend?? Gab and I burned on our 1 day at the outdoor pool. lol It is a nice change though to be outside, Gab loved it. I looked this morning at syrup and a 1/4 serving has 54 carbs. Can you imagine?? I was fixing Gaby some pancakes. Good for you on staying steady in the weight dept!

Sue - Never heard of the synchronized diving, I will have to make a point to watch. Hope you get back up to speed soon, take it easy ;)

Francie - Did you decide to medicate the kitties for the drive?? I forget what you wrote. Excited for you and the move, you are so lucky to see the country up close as you drive endless hours arcoss the USofA. lol I only went 180 (90 one way) and my butt was hurting by the time I got home. Course I am older. lol :dizzy: blah - blah

So, ya. I looked in the inside of the 4story place, the man had the paperwork there but I could only fill it out and leave it. There is ton's of room for all the girls of they decide to go w/ me but I doubt they would move away from their friends.
I also looked at a funky house in a Finnish neighborhood, it reminded me something out of a Dr Suess story,with all the different colors and all the houses face a different way... I loved it....lol...but the tenants don't even move out til the 23rd and you can't even see inside of it. I did fill out an applicantion though.
3rd one was a nice one, in a neighborhood of boarding homes back in the heyday of the cannery. I liked it though, the kitchen is so cute and has killer view of the Astoria bridge and river. Funky though because it is a 4plex and all the hallway windows look at the inside of the building. So, all 4 apts are looking at each other....lol...I would have to put something up. like tac paper and forget the window was even there. But overall it was a cute place and the cheapest....and the best view. Did an app for that too, so hopefully by Wednesday I will know for sure!!

k- better get Gaby interested in something.

bbl - you all have a good day! :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
just popping in while I can............I am waiting for the meat thaws and then I am going to make dinner.

Katy~ I am not a fan of corn bread, but it appears that all three kids are like their dad! They all loved it last night, in fact Logan and Brandon were eating some this morning!

SuzieQ~ thanks for the compliment. some times I feel like a frazzled mom and wife, but I guess that is par for the course! I have requested an angel food cake with strawberries on it, as a nice summery cake and health wise it is better then past options that I have wanted! good luck with every thing!

Shopaholic1204
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Katy~I LOVED the book. I thought it was a little too mature for to be in the young adult category though. Some people just need to relax, its just a freakin book. Thanks for the hugs!!

Susan~No..we're not gonna drug them. We're just gonna try this other stuff instead. You like spray it around them or whatever..and its supposed to calm them down. So hopefully that will work.

I have some news!!! I finally started AF!! YAY!!! I'll be done by thursday, so I wont be on it while we're driving..YAY!! LoL!! Now that all the celebrating is done..I can complain about how much freakin PAIN I'm in right now, lol. Nothing is working right now. I took some advil and nada..I layed on the heating pad..and nada. Last night, Fonzo actually layed on my back for a half an hour..and that helped so much, lol. I wish he could do that now, but he's asleep.

Oh ya..Fonzo's last day is TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for 5 years for that day to come!! LoL!!! Now, I can finally spend some actual time with my hubby for more than a few months. No more workups and no more effin deployments!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy I could cry..lol.

Okay..I'm gonna go take a shower..maybe I just need some hot water on my back.

FrouFrou
08-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry for the quickie, I will catch up tomorrow for sure. Busy two days for sure.

SUSAN...there is a little Alex Cross-he calls him Ali...it is a little confusing. I thought I missed something somewhere, lol. I hadn't read hardly any of the cross series except some of the earlier ones. In between there he was with another woman and they had a baby but she couldn't cope or whatever and let him take him. Then came back and was going to fight him for him and then changed her mind, lol. But yeah...he has the three kids.

Anywho...gotta run. I'll be back tomorrow! Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
08-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Cristina - Thanks for answering that Alex question! Appreciate it :)

Francie - Fonzo could have always sprayed you if you were AF while traveling. haha. jk - sheesh. Awesome about Fonzo's last day, happy for you :)

Mindee - Good choice on the angel food cake & strawberries - that is what Rachel wants for her birthday too. Today she was bugging me for lunch at Burger King but I told her no, no more fast food, so she settled for sushi.

Gab and I had lean hamburger patties ((the patty was 170 cal)) for lunch w/ cottage cheese. She will eat that, I had yellow squash too but Gab refused.

anyway, we woke up at 7:45am, slowly getting back on schedule, but the day seems to be dragging now. I want to nap. lol

Hope you all are having a nice Monday! :)

Shopaholic1204
08-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Susan~lmao..we'll probably have to spray ourselves so we dont get on each other's nerves, LOL!!

Mom2Gaby
08-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Francie - "You like spray it around them or whatever"

It is the *whatever* that concerns me. If I were you (and of course I am not, full time job being meyself- lol) I would do a test. Spray Fonzo and see if he relaxes and coughs up hair balls or something. lol

I would just hate to be on the road and the spray doesn't work. My kitty Momo freaks at me just picking up my car keys, he is such a baby wuss. lol

I hate to think of it but if I do end up moving to the coast I might just let my mom have him back or I will have to travel w/ him at night, dark seems to calm him.

Isn't it funny how you get so attached to animals?? I love my kitty.
So, have you guys figure how many days this trip is going to take?

Shopaholic1204
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Well we havent bought it yet. But it just said to spray the area around the cats. But I doubt it will work. Sassy is such a big complainer, nothing will work on her lungs of steel. And for a cute little cat..she has HUGE lungs.

Fonzo thinks the trip will take about 9 days, lol. We plan on stopping a lot..and we're even gonna be stopping by Wisconsin to visit my cousin. We might stop in Lancaster, PA to visit my friend..but I think we'll just go see her after we get our apartment.

Sassy_Chick
08-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi all.

ARRRRRRRGHHHHHH!!! I had a nice long post and hit a key and its all gone!!! :tantrum: and of course I forgot to copy it!!! :tantrum: Ok, lets try this again..........lol.

Katy -- Thanks -- yes you just never know by looking at someone how their #'s are. Take one of our coworkers for ex. He is not even 30 yet and he has just been diagnosed with CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) My mil, who is a retired ICU nurse, says that isn't good to have it that young. Carbs are my weakness too. Its tough. Glad you had fun at your reunion. Mine is this month too, but I'm not going. :no: Its my 15 yr. I have never went just simply because I just wasn't all the close to any of them and the ones that I was close with, I am no longer close with and really don't wanna see. Plus I feel like a failure. I know, I know, I'm not, just feel like one since I have a crappy job, yes I am thankful that I at least have that, but I am unable to have children, at least al natural' and I just don't feel like being around a bunch of well-to-do people (the hs I went too was mostly all like that) that have all these kids, etc. What do I have to talk about? My husband, and my crappy job and my cat??? lol. Nah I'll pass. lol. But I'm glad you had fun!! :D

Suzy Q -- Yes it was a huge relief!! Now we just have to work on DH's #'s. Good Luck with the house hunting. :)

Francie -- :congrat: glad you get to spend all that time with hubby and glad your AF will be over when you are travelling. When we moved from Ohio to NY and then NY back to Ohio, we had drug our kitties. Well one of them had and still has issues when travelling (the other passed in Mar 07) and the vet said it was ok to drug the other, they were really "Happy" kitties. lol. Good Luck!! I hope the spray works!

Hi Cristina :wave: Bye Cristina :wave: lol.

DH Has several interviews tomorrow, so please keep everything crossed! :crossed: ;) Oh and my inlaws said we can have their old treadmill and rowing machine, which are not "old" at all! :carrot: Now just have to have some space to put them!!! Pretty soon I'll have to change my name from Sassy_Chick to Sexy_Sassy_Chick!!! :rofl:

tommysgirl18
08-12-2008, 12:45 AM
enjoying some peace and quiet since every body is sleeping!

Francie~ Have you tried those Pamperin pills? they are suppose to be made specifically for when AF comes into town. I had to use them after I had Brandon because I was always so crampy when she came into town. Those helped me out a lot!

SuzieQ~ That is how we are! I have been telling Tommy that we need to stop eating out so much, and wouldn't you know it, we have been so poor that we couldn't afford it anyways! So, it all works out in the end!

I remember reading in an Alex Cross book that I have, somewhere in my closet, about little Alex, I think. I could be wrong, but I don't recall the name of the book either!

Sassy~ That is great news about the new equipment! I would love to get a stationary bike again, but I would really have to do some searching to find some room!

wildthing
08-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Hello ladies!!!!

Today is this first day of mine and Andrews competition. I think I am so gonna loose but I worked out twice. I worked out for a hour and 46 min total. That is way more than usual. It was broken up of course. Eating was good too. I really wish I could make it to 161 by the end of the week. That will be a full 20 pounds. Anyways moving on...

Sue- Why wont they take it out? Its seems like they would if it needed to be...

Susan- I wouldnt know where to put it. I like that idea but I think that I should really stick to my one. Its really big. I like for my tattoos to be in a place where I can cover or show them if I want. I could get it on my but I guess. bahaha just kidding. If I did that I would probably get it close to my cross. Like right below it but really little. I dunno. I might think about that.

Francie- I am so super excited for you. I am really sad that you wont have internet though. Thats no good but I am still really excited for you!!!

Sassy- I am really excited for you and your scores!!! That is so awesome!!!!

Katy- Its really awesome that you are supporting your hubby in this!!! I figure I will loose my competition but its worth it if it makes Andrew healthier.

Well ladies its time for bed. I am so so tired.

Shopaholic1204
08-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Sassy~Honestly..I'm scared to drug them, lol. I know Sassy will be the only annoying one. Lucky & April will probably just be rocked to sleep. We're gonna let them out one at a time though..so they can chill out, outside of the carriers and eat and use the litter. I hope your dh's interviews go well!!!!!!!!

Mindee~Pamperin has never worked on me. Neither has midol. I dunno why. It's not so bad right now though *knock on wood*. But that could be cuz I've been doing a lot of laundry and moving stuff around tonight, lol.

Asia~Oh I know..I dont wanna be without the internet. I feel so cut off from the world when I dont have it, LOL!! But we're gonna buy a new laptop (labtop? lol)..and Fonzo will set up the wireless. So we'll just steal the people's internet from downstairs until we leave..LMAO!!!

Okay..so we started cleaning out the closet in our bedroom..and omfg..we got rid much junk!!! And now we have 2 full boxes of books, lol. But theres even MORE books to sort through, lol. Oh..I think I'm finally done with all the laundry. With the last load..I just dumped all sorts of colors in there, lol. So theres like darks mixing the whites. I dont really care if they come out dark or whatever. The tide I have is for all colors. But whatever..I was tired of doing laundry..and theres no way I wanna continue doing it for the rest of the week, LOL!! Everything is pretty much ready to be packed. I just gotta clean out the bathroom, fridge, pantry, and clean off the computer desks. And thats it. It should only take like a day to do all that, lol. Oh..I'm a little sad to be giving away all our alcohol, lol. I think I wanna get drunk one more time before Fonzo's friends come and take it all away, lol. But then again, maybe not..since theres no tequila, lol.

Anyhoo..I'm gonna go rest my hand. It's seriously throbbing. :(

Sassy_Chick
08-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Morning All. :coffee:

Only 4 hrs to go for me and then 12.5 more hrs when I come back in tonight, then I'm free!!! :carrot: Not that I am counting or anything. lol.

Mindee -- yeah that is our problem, finding the space for them, probably will have to wait until we get a bigger place unless we clear out some of our junk!!! lol

Asia -- Thanks!

Francie -- Well our one cat like I said has extreme issues when travelling and travelling that far, from Oh to NY and vice-versa was just too long to not drug him and he was oh so happy and it wasn't much. But if yours doesn't need it, then I don't blame ya. If it was just our other cat (who has since passed) we wouldn't have bothered because he was fine in travelling. Have fun cleaning everything. I remember doing that........fun, fun, fun. But once ya get started, it doesn't take long. We have lots of alcohol too, only we aren't drinkers. lol. My husband collects liquor bottles and so we have all these bottles of liquors and um we don't drink, at least not that often. lol. He cooks more with them than what we drink!!! lol. We could have one really good party, that is for sure! lol.

Anywho, hope your hand stops throbbing.

Have a Great Tuesday Everybody!!!

FrouFrou
08-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello ladies...

ASIA...lots of luck with your competition. :lucky: And WTG on your loss! You are doing great! 146 minutes, yikes! Put me to shame, lol.

SASSY...you are so right about the numbers stuff. I have told my daughter that just because she is skinny doesn't mean she is healthy. She now exercises regularly and is into eating heatlhy. Of course I have no clue what my numbers are, lol. Last I had a physical they were where they should be. WTG on yours! Sorry you lost your post...I hate when that happens!

FRANCIE...you shouldn't worry about drugging your kitties. It's really not a big deal, for the kitties. I know it seems a little cruel-maybe, knocking them out but I would think them sleeping while in a car most of the day would be less stressful than wanting to get out of the cages. And yes! we are going to miss you...9 days, yikes! Glad for Fonzo's last day! I bet you guys are so excited! Hey, I checked out your pics on myspace...love 'em!

SUSAN...any word on the place? The four story place sounds awesome! Good Gaby is eating what you eat. DD has gotten picky and expects me to fix her something different...thinking about doing what she is doing and cutting out red meat. For some reason she has decided no more beef! No idea where that came from but it is a good thing.

SUE...wonder why they won't take the gallbladder and why they can't seem to find the problem. My mom is having the same problems and the pain she has and has had for years is the same exact stuff I went thru. She said they took x-rays and found nothing so oh well. The same happened with DD and they kept shrugging it off as her being anxious because of her being 15. It took the third doctor to say it is unusual for a 15 year old but it has happened. She had a bunch of tests done and no one until her suggested an ultra sound and they found the gallstones, ugh! I told my mother she should have one but she refuses to believe it because the one doc said no, that's not what it is and keeps treating it as an ulcer...of course it's not helping so that should tell them something. Anyway, sorry for the long story...hope it gets better for you.

KATY...glad you enjoyed the reunion. You definitely have been a busy bee this summer. Of course there is nothing wrong with that. Stomach is better. I said stomach but it was actually my side, sort of...the ice and ib did the trick. Have a safe trip!

MINDEE...yummy to my tummy! Angel food cake and strawberries sound delicious! DH#1 had to take some ground beef back for me once...it had plastic in it! Apparently, they had taken those logs and just threw the whole thing in, plastic wrapper and all and ground it up, yikes! Makes ya wonder what else they do...don't want to think about that. Anyway...chili and cornbread sound good too! WHAT? You don't like cornbread? Say it ain't so, :lol: I have to say, I don't think I have ever known anyone who doesn't like it, you are the first.

TAMMY...you are so busy woman, hope you have some 'you' time. Glad to hear you guys had a nice time at the shower. I hear ya about the painting, lol. I won't even prep anymore...just pick the color and let hubby handle the rest.

JULES...thinking of you lady, and the family. Miss you :hug:

I think I got to everyone, if not I am sorry. :wave:

Nothing much going on here today. Thinking we may end up staining some more and finishing the project. V has the one side done. This weather is so iffy, not sure what to do. It's a little cool and not supposed to rain but the streets were wet when I went for my walk, so...doing laundry right now and hoping to get lots of reading done today. Oh, headed over to Charlotte's later to weed eat...it's been two weeks and we have gotten a lot of rain so it's probably bad. And...keeping fingers Josh may be coming home this week, for good! :crossed:

Anywho...need to go figure out who to call to have the carpet cleaned, it should have been done a few months ago. Doing some rearranging in the living room too, or did yesterday. Will probably change that today.

Take care all, and have a wonderful day! Lots of hugs :hug: :hug:

sz2atheart
08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Just sneaking in here at work;)

Francie--Just wanted to wish you a safe cross country trip. My son drove from San Francisco to Maryland a few years ago when he graduated from "A" school in the CG. He dropped me off at the airport (I was there for graduation) at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday and arrived on our doorstep Monday @ 6:10 a.m. Crazy kid only stopped for one night about 7 hr and then drove nonstop (except to pee and eat) till he made it home. His best friend from home arrived a few minutes later and when I asked why he was awake so early he stated that he had been on the cell phone with my son for the last 4 hr to keep him awake!!!

Catch up with everyone a little later. Gotta get back to work.

RosieKate
08-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Hey gals, look at what's all over the news today...we must be psychic or something....

Hefty but healthy.. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/08/12/health/main4342387.shtml)

...and we're off to the pool, where I am going to get this hefty but healthy behind into the pool to swim some laps :)

Have a great day

suetalks
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Good afternoon... Just very slow on getting started today. I am feeling 98% better though and just being lazy. :) Thanks for the good thoughts.

As for the gallbladder...in 2004 when this all started I had every test imaginable for GB, ulcers, kidney, liver, pancreas, and probably others I have forgotten. Nothing showed up that would be causing the problem. They found a spot on my lung, which we watched and after 3 years they pronounced it scar tissue. Also one Dr. question the look of a mole on my back, sent me to a derm. and it was indeed melanoma. So...the stomach and side trouble actually might have saved my life. On the other hand, it has been rearing it's ugly head off and on since then. I always imagine it will get bad enough to take me to the ER where something will be done We did re-scan after two years and still nothing. Now, my DH went in with pains and they took his out, later he still had pains and they said maybe the gallbladder didn't need to come out. Mom had an attack, they took hers out and it had showed no signs of being bad. It had no stones, just polyps that didn't show up. So...here I am getting sick several times a year, but nothing really debilitating, so they don't want to take it out. And I might be wrong, it might not be GB, but if not there is something else really screwed up. I go for my yearly appt. this month, so we will see.........

I might ad that when my Dad died in 2004 my brother and I were talking about our sides hurting and a few other problems. Fast forward to Feb. '05 when I got the call that he was sick with cancer and had 6 months to live. I got to FL to spend a week with him, flew home with the intention of DH and I driving back to FL. He died before I got back...just 3 weeks after being diagnosed. I asked my Dr. then to look at my liver and pancreas as that was where my bro. had cancer. (at the age of 59) I was shaken up by his death, and by our similar complaints. Thank goodness those were fine.

Sorry this is so long, but I thought I would explain it once...and it got longer than I intended. It is just a battle I am fighting...and you would be surprised at how many Drs. make you think you are crazy. That is why I try to just go on as if nothing is wrong, but it will finally put me down for a day or two just to get re-charged.

So...again thanks for you good wishes. I will keep on keeping on.

I was able to ride 2 miles last night and feeling good about that. Didn't eat too bad yesterday, but today is another story. I will do better..... :)

Be back later and like I said, sorry about the length.

Mom2Gaby
08-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Good Morning -

*sigh, I feel behind! I don't even want to post now. lol

*wah *wah...

.... no Cristina, I haven't heard about that one 4 story place yet, cross fingers today! The owner is elderly and I don't think he appreciates my urgency for an answer. I think he is on a slower pace, lol. :yikes: His property is just across from the old Flavel house that sits vacant. Katy might know what I mean?? It is a beautiful place but has been allowed to decay because the son won't take care of it. Probably be really great at Halloween time, would love to get inside and look around, it is huge!

blah blah.....

I feel fat. I ate late last night, nothing bad. I had milk, rice cake with 3 turkey slices on it and I think a yogurt, don't remember. Was up until 2 reading and listening to Rach , who was wide awake.

anyway - off to help the ex clean his place. I will have to come back later for indy's!!

You all have a good Tuesday:D

tommysgirl18
08-12-2008, 02:16 PM
nothing new on this end.......

I am sitting here eating some strawberries and grapes.

Marissa is napping, Logan is NOT napping, and Brandon is watching his shows. Oh man, that was a sour grape!

Francie~ I hope it all goes away soon! I hate when I get those crampy feelings when AF comes into town. It urks me to no end!

SuzieQ~ I hope you hear about any of the places today!

Sue~ I can see why the doctors are somewhat hesitant about taking out your gall bladder, but you would think that since you are having more issues with it that they would want to take it out anyways! I hope that your appointment goes well and that they take it out for you!

Asia~ I like the idea of the butterfly tattoo. Where is your cross at? I have three, they are on my legs. I am going to get more, but the next one that I get for sure is going to be a friendship tattoo with two of my bestest friends! we have no idea as far as what to get but we will be talking about it soon!

hello to every one else.....I need to run and see what Logan is banging on Brandon's bed with

Mom2Gaby
08-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Mindee- mmmm,strawberries and grapes! No word yet but there was 2 new listings in the paper today so I called on those. One is a nice (I have seen it) townhouse in Warrenton and seems like an easy move in but I really didn't want to be in Warrenton again. I like the idea of Astoria. Another one is out in the counrty but I didn't want to be in the country per se. ....blah - blah.

Francie - I was going to say you have the library computers. I think you can go in and request a visitors pass to use the computer. We don't want you driving cross country without checking in!!! :) Just a thought.

k- still feeling like blob, will try to check in later for indy's.

suetalks
08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Got in a 2 mile ride and a little walk. Yay..I hit 1/3 of my walking goal. Geeze I am so lame.
I forgot to say I weighed in Mon. and was down a pound. I was hoping to get into the 160's, but not quite...darn.

Had a quiet day, sat in the yard with DH for a lot of it. We are enjoying it NOT being humid for a change. I spent a portion of the afternoon on the computer searching for and ordering him some parts for the workshop. Not my idea of fun online, but DH is computer illiterate. :)

Going to watch the Olympics...our IN girl looked good, but they came in 5th. She is young, she has lots to look forward to. Gymnastics are on later and I want to watch. Phelps just won another Gold!!! (swimming) Yay!

Have a happy hump day tomorrow.........

Sassy_Chick
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi All. :wave:

TG its MY friday!!!! :carrot: Even though *so far* this week has flown by and hasn't been so bad *knocking on wood here* I am ready to be off for 4 days. For one we have to get our apt in shape. One reason is to make room for the treadmill and rowing machine the inlaws are giving us, they want it out of their basement before they have their new kitchen floor put in. (they are remodeling their kitchen)

2nd is I think I'm getting a bit of a cold and I need some rest. Not like I do back-breaking work or anything..............but I still work long hours and I don't care what ya do, that affects ya.

Dh's interviews went well, he got another call today for another co for an interview.....so lets keep our :crossed: I was telling my coworker about it, cuz he asked, and he kinda made a comment that I kinda took offense too. I was telling him about all the phone calls DH has been getting and he is like, "Wow even with this economy the way it is?" I know probably just a general statement, but made me kinda feel like he was maybe thinking I wasn't telling the truth. Why would I lie? DH and I both have been working literally day AND night job searching, he has applied to A LOT of jobs, I mean that is what it takes, right? They say looking for a job is a job in itself! Anywho, I'll just be glad to see 9:30 am or even 2 am when my lunch comes. I like the guy, but he has annoying habits and by the end of the week, I've had enough!!! lol.

Cristina -- You need to get your numbers checked!!! :nono: lol. I hope you get everything done that you want. I will surely keep my :crossed: for Josh to come home for good. :cp:

Katie -- We must all be psychic!!! Thanks for the article. Kinda goes with what Dr. Oz always talks about that its not so much about "Weight" but your waistline. I always did say that you could be thin as a rail but not healthy. That is another reason I want my mom to move up with us, so we can be healthy together. ;)

Hi Tammy :wave:

Sue -- You sound like me. I have been battling with the same thing since I was 16 yrs old and back then my dr thought it was my gallbladder, but never pursued it! Fast forward 17 1/2 later and here I am, not quite as bad as back then (I couldn't even eat due to the misery and infact lost 50 pounds from it (+ exercise) I am like you have had multiple tests, nothing shows up. My DH gets pains a couple years ago and goes to the band-aid station we have in our teeny town and they sent him home with pain medication said it was a pulled muscle. I knew better. I called our family dr the very next morning and got him in, they did an ultrasound and catscan, found stones, took his out, he feels 100% better. My mil has had the same thing lately, she got hers taken out, she had no stones, but the surgeon said that hers was very diseased. So I am with you, why can they have theirs taken out and here we are suffering? Makes no sense at all. :no: Big :hug: Just wanted to let ya know that someone out there can sympathize with ya. ;)

I gave in last night and had mcdonalds :mcd: for lunch!!! :faint: I haven't had it in a long time, but somehow I felt like a failure. But I know I'm not, cuz I am right back and doing better today. (so far, Lord pls give me strength in 2 hrs, when my lunch is......lol)

Hi Suzy Q and Mindee! :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
nothing new on this end........

we hung out with some neighbors, and then came inside. then a friend of ours came over with his bike he just bought on Monday. it is a nice bike, and now it has fueled Tommy's want for a bike to grow even more!

Shopaholic1204
08-13-2008, 03:45 AM
Just real quick.

Fonzo & I had a super busy day today. We went out for breakfast, then watched The Pineapple Express (which was soooooooooo good. James Franco is just yummy). Then we went to the bookstore to buy some reading material for next week. Afterwards...we had a nice little dinner at Applebees..I didnt even overeat or anything. I was so proud of myself. But my food was soooooooooooooo good, lol. I wanted to live in it and call it my home, lol. After that..we drove all around Silverdale, Poulsbo, & East Bremerton looking for some laptops that were in our budget. Omg...we drove around for 2 freakin hours!!!!!!! Finally we found some at Staples in Silverdale..after across the street from where we had breakfast, lol. So ya..we bought them..and will pick them up tomorrow. Oh ya..and we finally got Mario Kart for the Wii!! YAY!! I'm so excited to play that tomorrow. Anyways..I'm sooooooooo tired. I didnt get my nap today. And I've been up since 4am (my friend texted me all upset about something..and I spent most the morning just talking to her)

Tomorrow...is another cleaning day. Drag, lol. But we're almost done. And we get to play with our new toys, LOL!!!

Okay..bedtime for me. Nighty nite!!

PS. Sue..I saw your girl!!! I think they did pretty good.

Mom2Gaby
08-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Sue - yay on the pound! It all adds up. :)

Francie - sounds like you are on a roll, I am glad you are getting things done and under control w/ the packing. I bet that feels good. Good for you on the eating, eating out is always a weakness for me :(

Sassy - I think the hamburgers are pretty good caloriewise. Not sure but don't be too hard on yourself! Sounds like you are doing great overall. :)

Mindee- Bikes scare me, lol. I went out and bought some strawberries last night because you mentioned them. I skipped on the grapes , seemed too expensive here in the stores. Rach also ate my banana's yesterday so I was not a happy camper this morning. So, I HAD to have a yogurt and 1/2 a pancake fo rmy breakfast. lol

Katy - So, did you get your hefy behind in the pool??:) I guess Beck went in the afternoon w/ her girlfriends to do laps. Is school going to start soon?? Gaby really needs to get a life and stop tagging along w/ me. lol jk .....she stirred my coffee at starbucks this morning and splashed coffee all over me. argh. Anyway, stay cool!!!

Cristina - Finished Cross last night and started on Mary,Mary. Alex sure is a ladies man :lucky: The funky window place is iffy now, there was 2 applications ahead of me so the 4 story is my only hope. I hate to think of another trip down there this Saturday.

k- Gaby is wanting my attention, darn kid. I have to go stare at my $$$ and firgure out what bills to pay this week. Rach has a whole list of things she wants, I see her coming and I break out in a rash. She is going to send me to my grave, I just know it. lol

Hi :wave: to everyone!! Asia, Tammy, and Jules!! btw -has anyone heard from Jules?? Worried about her.

tommysgirl18
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
just a quick one form me right now......

I will be back later, but right now I have to take care of some issues here at our complex. so, I have to go and see our office manager again shortly.

Mom2Gaby
08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Mindee- I don't know , I think I don't want to have issues with you.lol You sound like you are on a mission.
Hope you get things settled at the apts!!

Weighed and was UP at 152. I will change the numbers Friday though. Hoping to get it back down by that time, otherwise seems too confusing to always be changing it. Especially when it goes up and down....blah ,blah,blah.
Weekend on the road eating and stress have me having terrible munchies at night. I will really try and stay on course today! So, far so good. :)

suetalks
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Quickie here...I had a good news type of morning. For one, I had bought 2 new Tshirts, size large instead of Extra L. And they fit nicely. One had a pretty teal color in it which got me thinking about a pair of capris my aunt had given me that were that color. Got those out and lo and behold they fit (and were a size 12). So not only were both a smaller size, but my freebie capris and 3.49 T made a nice outfit. Haha...
Since I carry my weight in my middle AND my breasts I was thrilled to learn they are both smaller. The bike riding is also making my legs smaller.
So...to heck with a scale that moves so darn slowly. I know I am smaller. :)

Oh...and 2, I found not one, but two, pairs of shoes I liked and bought them both this morning. So I am tooled up with white leather mules for wearing with shorts, capris, etc. and a navy blue pair to wear in cooler weather with jeans. Came home and cleaned out my closet, throwing 2 pairs of shoes away. I had been shopping for brown leather loafers for winter....glad I didn't buy any. I had an almost new pair in a shoe box in my closet. I forgot I bought them last Winter. Yikes! LOL

Old age is creeping up on me.... Or like DH told me today as we drove past the Social Security office..."Two years and that is where you go to sign up." Grrrr, don't remind me. (I will be 60 come Oct.) Cry for me.

Okay...enough silliness, I am off to do something productive.

Shopaholic1204
08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG...I'm soooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY right now!!!

For my 18th birthday, Fonzo got me this really cute dolphin necklace. You can change the little ball inside. I wore it alllllll the time. Then after my mom passed away, I took the cross she always wore off the chain, and put it on mine. But after I started having horribly bad panic attacks, I had to take the necklace off..cuz it felt like I was suffocating. Well..I guess I was careless about it, cuz it ended up lost. I thought it left it at my cousin's house in Az. Anyhoo...I was finishing up with the bedroom closet..and I was going through one of my billions of purses..and I found the necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooooooo happy. I started crying when I found it, lol. Fonzo cleaned it with the jewelry cleaner..and I'm wearing it right now. YAY!! LoL!! Anyways..this is a pic of me w/the necklace on (before I added the cross to it). I changed the ball from black to tiger's eye. When Fonzo first gave it to me, it had a green ball in it, lol.

tommysgirl18
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Man, I need to stay out of the laundry room when they are using chemicals! I had a brain fart on which button to push to reply, and then it dawned on me that I normally just use the quick reply box!

SuzieQ~ Nope, those issues are going to get all smoothed over and soon! Remember the whole thing with our bathroom floor and how the head maintenance guy deemed that it was not dangerous enough yet? Well, the office manager told us, and the three or four other people whose units are doing the same thing, to write a letter, send it attention of the owner and explain to him that our bathroom floors better be fixed or we will put our money into escrow at the court house next month instead of paying the rent to them.

Sue~ That is great to hear!!!

we are going to be eating dinner here soon, and then we will be going on a play date with two of the other boys in this complex.

Mom2Gaby
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Good Morning -

Sue - That is great about the clothes fitting! Good for you, and you are not old!! :)

Mindee- Not dangerous enough yet?? lol I never heard such a silly reply. He is waiting for someone to fall through the floor? Anyway, hope you all follow through on the escrow thing. I was thinking of doing that on my weeds. lol Seriously, landlord is suppose to be taking care of the yard. I am tired of living in a jungle.

Francie - Glad you found the necklace! See, moving has it's benefits! :D

Hi to everyone else!!

Need to get busy. It is Rachel's 17th bday and she has a list of things she wants to do. *sigh. I tell her I was the one that gave BIRTH, it should be my day too. :D she wants a tiara to wear for the day, I might get one myself. haha
Finished Mary,Mary and now on to Double Cross. Gaby and I were at the pool for 4 hours yesterday so I got in a lot of reading time.
Suppose to be high 90's today so need to scoot before it gets to late in the day. I don't want to be out in the heat. :cool:

chat later

tommysgirl18
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
just doing some little things around here right now.......

SuzieQ~ Happy Birthday to Miss Rach! That wasn't the owners reply, that was the head maintenance guys reply! Now, if he were the one living in the apartment with the floor the way it is, he would be complaining left and right to get it done. But since they are more worried about the vacant apartments getting remodeled then they are the ones that already have people in them! our friend that works here has already said that he would fix it for us, but he would have to do it on his time off, which is silly to us since it involves work in the apartment, so it should count as work in the first place! the bank is coming in on Tuesday and I hope to **** something gets mentioned about them not fixing the floors in the units that are occupied! they just got more money from the bank for some reason, and they are not even doing it! Tommy, and myself, think that they just pocketed the money. but then again, the owner is on vacation this week so maybe that money went into his vacation!

Shopaholic1204
08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Susan~Happy Birthday to Rach!! God, I feel old. I was 17 6 years ago, lol. I hope you get your tiara too, lol.

Nothing new for today. Fonzo is still asleep, so our day hasnt started yet. I've just been playing games and talking to my friend online for the past 2 hours, lol.

I weighed myself the other day. And I gained back 7 pounds. I honestly thought it would be more..but that's not so bad. It will be easy for me to lose it again. Fonzo wants to get some bikes after we move. And he wants to get a dog too. So if we get a dog, we'll go out walking it everyday. So thats some exercise right there. But ahh..time will tell what will happen once we get there.

Anyways..I'm gonna go now..

Mom2Gaby
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, I am wearing my tiara as I type, I am the queen today! Happy Birth Day to me...... :)

Francie - You are ancient!!! hehe.
I was 17 , 27 years ago :yikes: and I was 27 when I had Rach. It was my 3rd pregnancy, I had 2 miscarriages before her. So, she was a tough little girl to hold on in the womb! lol
Speaking of 7lbs that is how much my bag of ice weighs. I was looking at it while I was getting some ice water. Anyway,,,,thought I would share. lol

I had a salad (today & yesterday).... I celebrated eaing clean by drinking a whole bottle of wine last night! :yikes: and a small bag of pretzels. Too scared to get on the scale this morning. I wasn't even tipsy on a bottle. It was just really weird. lol

anyway, I am sure you will get the 7lbs right off Francie!

Mindee- They are doing something with their money! How frustrating, figure they could hired sub contractors to fix the floor or something. That is what we always did, my ex could never fix floors so we always hired out.

:wave: to Cristina , Sassy , Sue, Katy, Asia, Tammy, & Jules!! Hope you ladies are having a good Thursday!

chat at u later.

suetalks
08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
3 miles riding tonight.
Susan- I was 31 when I had my last baby...and had an 11 and 15 year old at the time also. I had kids at home for a loooong time. :)

Francie- You might lose and gain for the next few weeks. Stress puts it on and hard work takes it off...so you are doing both.

Mindee- That darn floor! They sure have been told about it enough. Do you want the BIK's to write ugly mails? We gotta get that floor fixed.

Had a visit from family that lives in PA today, and also some family from here. Mom's sis and her family. I really didn't do much today, dust, sweep and pick up. I am going to watch Olympics and read for the rest of the night.
Mom and I both go to the eye Dr. tomorrow and for some reason I hate that worse than the dentist.

Hi to all the other ladies and I will catch up with you all soon.

Mom2Gaby
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Sue - How fun to have visits from relatives that live out of state! I would really love to go back to Arkansas in the fall to visit Gaby's other grandmother, her health hasn't been so good. I don't think she could ever travel out here.
I had Gaby at 37 :yikes: she is such a blessing. I would love to have another one, I love babies.
Course in a few years Rach could be having children. ugh.....
sounds like you have a nice evening planned! I am just going to read. Need to go pick Rach and her friends up at the movies, they went and saw Sisterhood of the traveling pants...something like that. :)

Shopaholic1204
08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Susan~I'd give anything to be 17 again. "Well she was just 17 and you know what I mean" lol. Thats when me & Fonzo started going out. Geez. So my weight gain is as much as a bag of ice. COOL!!! LoL!

Sue~Ya..I've been working my butt off cleaning..and then stress eating. So its all flip flopping, thats not good at all. I can't wait until this is all over. I need to get back on a plan asap.

So......I was drinking, cleaning the kitchen and dancing around to my iPod..when this huge spider crawled down from one of the cabinets..and scared the **** out of me!!!!!!!! I screamed so loud, and totally lost my buzz. I ran into the bedroom, threw the door open, and screamed for Fonzo to kill it. Omfg, I couldnt stop shaking, lol. I hate spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that, I got the kitchen all spiffed up. And I cleaned a little bit in the living room. I'm gonna be shreading papers tonight...yay, lol.

I wish I had fudge right now.

FrouFrou
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry for being MIA that last two days...have baby girl here. Charlotte wanted me to watch her Wed. and of course almost every time she comes over Cambrie wants to spend the night so...she's going home tomorrow but then Chase will stay until Sunday, I think...that was the plan last I heard. He started school Wed...so it may change. Was going to get on the computer earlier today once I got her down for a nap but thought I better get the jungle of a backyard mowed because it is supposed to rain the next few days. Anyway...I'll make sure I get in some 'puter time tomorrow, for now...

A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rachel! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Nighty, night ladies :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
nothing new from me!

we had dinner, gave the kids a bath, and then every one was in bed and asleep by 8:30! I was not used to that so I sat on the couch trying to figure out what I could do to pass the time! I ended up parking my butt and watching some Olympics, then emptied the dishwasher, talked with our office manager, went back to emptying then filling the dishwasher, then back to the couch and now I am here.

They had gotten money from the bank for advertising the complex, and well, so far we haven't seen any of that. Even though the complex is already 75% rented out!

I have to make Tommy's lunch and then hope that I can ward off yet another headache, but I can feel like one is coming on!

Francie~ I took a shower this morning, and I just happened to catch something out of the corner of my eye, and sure enough there was a fricken spider that I have NO clue where it came from! I swatted it into the sink and then turned the water on.

Mom2Gaby
08-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Yee Haw, and there is Cristina! Glad it is just little Cambrie keeping you busy, would hate for you to be sick or having computer problems. She is the cutest little girl, I guess we will share you w/ her. :)

Thanks to all of you for the Rachel wishes. I think she had a good day, she took off for the store to spend some bday $$$. We didn't even do strawberry shortcake and I didn't even make her special tuna dish she wanted, just too darn hot!
Tomorrow is suppose to be 103 and Saturday 100. I am letting Gaby stay up til it cools down some , way too hot to sleep. We do have a breeze so that helps.
Heard back finally from the 4story place, now he isn't going to rent out til Oct because he is doing work in the townhouse next door and has to go through *my* basement to get to the next door basement and he will have workers in and out every day. Blah blah, whatever...I had moved on anyway. lol I did.
I have 2 applications out on other places. I think I like this 2 bdrm townhouse in Warrenton w/ 1.5 baths the best, it has a low move in cost and it is new ..and it has a w/d in it. I have never had one of those before :dizzy:...I mean that would be weird to not have to haul clothes all over the place.
The other place is in Astoria but you have to go thru one bedroom to get to the bathroom, I hate that idea. I do like the idea of no carpet though.
*sigh........so,whatever. I dont know what the heck I am doing anymore. lol
I have to get started on Gaby's school clothes tomorrow. I saw some cute dresses at Target today that I want to get her, plus her school supplies. I guess I could just buy in general on that, crayons are crayons, right?? haha

Francie - I guess that was my point, that you gained a bag of ice! lol I feel like I am gaining weight, I need to get on the scale tomorrow and see the damage. :(

Mindee - hope you don't get a headache!

and I am ok w/ spiders, it is rats that freak me out, that and bats. :yikes:

tommysgirl18
08-15-2008, 01:50 AM
SuzieQ~ I hope you get the one in Warrentown! It sounds great!! I really miss having the washer and dryer at our disposal!

Sassy_Chick
08-15-2008, 06:26 AM
Hi All....bye all......:wave:

FrouFrou
08-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Good morning, ladies...

SUSAN...hoping you get the apt.! Have fun school shopping. Sounds like you guys are getting the hot weather we had last week and the week before. We've had the cool temps and it is nice, finally! I've not heard anything from Jules...hoping all is well with her. Yeah, Cambrie keepes me on my toes...she NEEDS constant attention. I don't mind it, just I like my quiet time and my computer time, lol. Not good grandma material here.

SASSY...hi & bye, lol! :lol:

MINDEE...your big day is almost here! Are you still having the angel food cake with strawberries? Hoping they do something about your floor...that is ridiculous. Shouldn't be any hesitation on their part to fix something that could be a possibly lawsuit if not fixed.

FRANCIE...moving day is fast approaching! I know you guys are excited and will have an amazing trip, or unforgetful anyway. I like your necklace...my DD was into dolphins, glad you found it. Glad to hear you liked the movie...me and DD are going to go see it next week, thinking Monday.

KATY...I think they did read our minds, hehe. I've been telling DD that for a while now...not that I am an expert or anything. But just because a person is skinny, does not make them healthy.

ASIA...I too like the butterfly tattoo idea. How's the competition coming along?

SUE...well, I am sorry that you have to go thru that and I hear ya. DS had one attack and they took his gallbladder out...ONE attack. I dealt with the pain for years because they kept saying I had an ulcer and it is no fun. Of course it just stopped for years but when it came back...it came back full force and I thought I was going to die! Maybe one day soon they will find out what it is so you won't have to go thru the pain anymore. :crossed: WTG on the clothes, the pound and the biking & walking! :carrot:

HIYA TAMMY & JULES! :wave:

I probably should get going...I think Cambrie is driving V nuts, lol. He is not used to little kids and does not have the patience. But he is the grandpa so...:lol:

Did get my walk in today and it is so much better when it is in the 60's. Going to take my recycling later and go to the used bookstore. Then Charlotte will be over and guess Chase is staying the weekend, that was the plan last I heard. Glad V is home to keep him company...he's older so I can actually leave the room and he will be ok while I get on the computer. I will check back later.

Have a good day!

suetalks
08-15-2008, 11:45 AM
It is another beautiful day here. I love Summer when the humidity is low, temps. in the 70's and breezes. I could enjoy this year round!

I put on another pair of size 12 capris this morning and a smaller T shirt. (large vs. Xlarge) The scales can "kiss my grits!"
My aunt yesterday asked me if I had lost weight...so there scales!

Okay...I just came in to impart that info and now have to go to the eye Dr. I would rather take a beating. Ugh...

Shopaholic1204
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Well I have some news.

So the movers were supposed to do an inspection today. But the guy ended up doing that and started packing up all the small stuff. So ya..me & the cats have been put in the bedroom to stay out of the way, lol. Actually..I'm in charge of packing all the stuff we're taking with us, lol. So thats what I did. Now I'm just sitting here.

Anyhoo...so on monday, they're gonna come and pack up the big stuff. So that means we wont be sticking around here until the 21st like we had planned. We thought they would be doing all the packing next week. Guess we were wrong. So we're either gonna leave WA on monday night or early the next day. The sooner the better I guess right?

I'm just so sad right now. I didnt think this was gonna happen today. I was preparing myself for next week. Not TODAY!!! I seriously wanna cry. I feel so rushed and stressed out right now...

Okay..Fonzo just brought me a McGriddle so I'm gonna go eat my breakfast, lol.

Mom2Gaby
08-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Good Morning -

It is 10:44 and already 80 degree's. It was a miserable night , I don't think we fell asleep til 2am.
UP on the scale, kind of knew that. Kind of know you can't drink a bottle of wine and think you are going to be oaky doky. I mean, you are,,,but not on the scale. Cheers!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

If you want to be a personal reference (for me- duh) on these apt's let me know!! I would need your telephone number. You can say you have known me for years through a weight improvement program. *cough and I don't cause any problems...lol, at least not too much. hehe. And I read Patterson books all night long but otherwise am a very quite, nice tenant!!! So, if you wanna lie for me , let me know. lmao. This is for the Warrenton townhouse, I need to fax it back this afternoon.

*sigh

Sue - yay, you are the incredible shrinking lady!And I agree about the scales, what do they know??? You are doing great.

Cristina - I like my quite and computer time too. I so should not be a mother. lol my step dad is the same way w/ Gaby, he loves her up for a certain time and after that we have to leave. lol

Francie - :hug::hug::hug: don't get too stressed. Moving is a major event, and cross country to boot! Just take it easy and relax. You can spray the kitty stuff now. lol You will be fine :)

Mindee- thanks, I wouldn't know what to do w/ a w/d....it would be so fun to have the machines in the house. I could wash 24/7. haha

Sassy- :wave:

hi to everyone else....I better get to the store before it gets way too hot to be driving. Planning on drinking lots of water and nothing after 6pm. I think I just need time to drain my bladder. I am sure I am not 155......I just need to drain. :dizzy::dizzy:lol

tata

tommysgirl18
08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
just popping in right now.........

I have to redo my music playlist on my myspace page because some songs got added on there that I never put on there. and logan is probably tearing apart the bedroom.......but other then that nothing really new!

Tommy wrote out a list of stuff that we will need to get for my party and he has on there angel food cake mix and strawberries! so we are still on for that! he was going to buy my an Oreo Pie from a local pie company. I like the thought, and they say that it does count, but he knows that I am trying to lose weight, so it made me want to look at him and say "what in the he!! are you thinking?" But I just told him no thank you, and that I had already told him what I wanted for my birthday.

Shopaholic1204
08-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Omg...the movers have been here since 8am..and its almost 5pm...I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo tired and hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! I just wanna take a shower and go to sleep.

FrouFrou
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
SUZYQ...I would have lied for you, lol...sorry I didn't get back on sooner, I would have been a reference for you. Hey, if you need one again, or next time let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get it. :crossed:

SUE...WTG! on your smaller self! :bravo:

FRANCIE...hugs to you missy. :hug: :hug:Try not to get too stressed and if you need to cry just do it! It's always good to get it out. Hope they finally left and you got some rest.

MINDEE...are you celebrating tomorrow or Sunday? The cake sounds yummy and WTG on passing up the orea pie! :carrot:

So we traded kids, lol. Cambrie went home and Chase stayed and I have three hairs left on my head! Why is it kids will listen to the nana but the minute the mommy is around all he!! breaks loose and they act like little demons! Can you tell I love kids, lol? Okay, I really do, honest...but some days I don't want to be around any. So DS & DD have reminded me that some of the things the kids do or did I would have never let them do so there will be rules to follow from now on and if they don't like then oh well. Anyway...guess I will see if there is a movie to see tomorrow, and take Chase.

I'll be up at the crack of dawn to go for my walk and hopefully get in a dvd later in the day. My eating and exercise this past week has been HORRIBLE! I am afraid to weight tomorrow but I will. Just suck it up and move on...that's all I can do. Well, and get back on track which I am, so...

Will chat tomorrow. Take care ladies, nighty, night!

FrouFrou
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
FRANICE...I love the avatars in your signature, makes me think of the song, Life is a Highway...love that song no matter who sings it!

Mom2Gaby
08-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Cristina- You are so funny! I would have lied for you too :) You and V are very sweet to have the kids, my mom doesn't even do that for me w/ Gab. Seeing the scale go back up gets me anxious, I really could have been at goal this month but now I am just trying to get it back to 150. You are right though, just suck it up and keep plugging along. You're kicking a$$ regardless what the scale might say. :)

Francie - awww, sweetie, go to sleep! I hope you weren't in your bedroom since 8am?? lol I hope the movers finally left.

Katy - Thanks :) Hope you are surviving this heat!

I am at the ex's and I am going home w/ Gab now. We will go to the coast tomorrow. I have 2 appts to look inside of some places. I faxed over the one and she will meet me at 4pm.
I also have a 2 o'clock at the one w/ the bathroom in the one bedroom and you have to go thru the bedroom to get to it. I was thinking tonight that could be icky or workable. I COULD make the bedroom a living room and the living room a bedroom. lol Put up those Chinese screens ....it could be kind of cute. I don't know. I will see what it looks like tomorrow. It keeps me on the Astoria side and closs to a laundromat & park...lol...and I do like the idea of no carpet. I could get some throw rugs , cleaner to me, especially w/ a little one.

k- I am sure that inspired you all to lose weight. Works for me. lol

night, lord turn off this heat!! :sunny:

tommysgirl18
08-16-2008, 02:20 AM
doing my pop in kind of later then usual, since Miss "I don't want to sleep" had to go out for a walk. so we went twice around the complex, then came back home, and after I laid her back in bed, I do some arm exercises and some crunches.

I really should be in bed since the kids will be up early, and I will be the one running the show since Tommy has to work until noon. Then when he gets home and cleaned up we are going out to the Dream Cruise. (a HUGE car show where they basically block up one of the main roads with a TON of old cars, either for show or on the road) It is a lot of fun, and it always seems to happen the weekend of my birthday.

come to find out, my one sister whose daughter was born on the 20th of this month, is having her birthday party on Sunday. mind you, she never told us about it, I found out from one of my sisters that I invited over here. so needless to say, none of my family will be at my party on Sunday. Which really pisses me off, but it just goes to show that even though I am the baby of us older girls, being the baby doesn't mean squat!

SuzieQ~ Good luck with the walk through basically! Let us know how it goes and what it looks like!

Francie~ Ok, it is now 2:20am on the East Coast, I hope the movers are out of your place by now!

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice words. We are celebrating on Sunday.

Shopaholic1204
08-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Okay..I was just typing away and the stupid thing went to another page. WTF!!! So now I'm a little angry and dont feel like writing all that out again, lol.

So long story short. The movers left at 5..I didnt stay in the room all day, cuz they had to pack in here. The other movers are coming on monday to load everything up into the moving truck. I have to go through the boxes to find my jeans, flat iron, and big purse.

Okay..thats it, lol.

Cristina~whenever i look at the icons..i think of that song from sheryl crow..."everyday is a winding road" i dunno if thats what its called though.

Shopaholic1204
08-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I found this today...

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=100212803&imageindex=1

FrouFrou
08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Hiya ladies...

FRANCIE...that is the name of the song...love that one too! I have to say though, after seeing them and thinking of the Life is a Highway song, it stuck in my head for hours! It's in there again, lol! I took Chase to see The Mummy today and they have a new cartoon/movie called Fly Me To The Moon and that stuck in my head the whole time there, lol! What can I say...I am goofy :dizzy: Oh, thanks for the link, going to have to keep it all in mind when shopping.

SUSAN...hoping you get the apt. Hey, I think turning the bedroom into a living room sounds good. Whichever one you get, I know it will look cute! You know, I am trying to be a good grandma...some days I don't think it's working.

MINDEE...that kind of sux big time that your sis scheduled a party on YOUR day. Wonder why she didn't do it the weekend after yours? Regardless...try to enjoy your day and celebrate you on your special day. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you tomorrow!
:woo: :celebrate: :bday2you: :bday2you: :bday2you: :celebrate: :woo:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

WI wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I am up but only .5, so not so bad. I was worried for nothing. Just was a very bad week of eating all around and I won't be doing that again!

Nighty, night ladies :wave:

tommysgirl18
08-17-2008, 01:48 AM
just a quick one from me, since I am sunburnt (somewhat) and really exhausted!

we went to the dream cruise on Saturday and had a blast! then we left and went to my sisters house for a birthday party for my dad. we got a couple of things from my sister and then came home. we got home and some friends of ours were outside, so we yelled at them, and they invited us over, but of course I had to get Brandon to sleep so I didn't make it over there. but Tommy invited them over for my party.

I probably should get to bed since I have to make some coleslaw, and my cake on Sunday. I wanted an angel food cake with strawberries for my birthday, BUT Walmart didn't have the angel food cake mix so I got a funfetti cake and funfetti frosting.

Francie~ I hope every thing goes well with the move!

Cristina~ thank you for the card, and the birthday wishes on here. I don't have an issue with my sister having the party on my birthday, I just have an issue with her having the party and NOT inviting us. Oh yeah, this isn't the first time that this has happened either!

Sassy_Chick
08-17-2008, 03:03 AM
http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/712/712138jqisv7fg1b.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

MINDEE!!

Shopaholic1204
08-17-2008, 09:43 AM
:bday2you::bday2you::celebrate::celebrate:

Happy Bday Mindee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suetalks
08-17-2008, 11:53 AM
:cheer: :celebrate::celebrate: :cheer:

Happy Birthday Mindee!!

:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Mom2Gaby
08-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Happy Birthday Mindee!!

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk424/johfee3000/birthday-1.gif

Wishing you a wonderful day!! Have fun!:D

Mom2Gaby
08-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok, I am back! Had to clean and do laundry and make a run to Blockbusters for movies.

Down (encore pounds *eyes roll*) again to 152. I did really good yesterday w/ on the road eating and today (so far) has been good. So, I feel better.

Did the look see on those 2 rentals. I am rather confused on what to do.

1st one is in Astoria....what I do like is the grade school and you*could* see the bay if the car dealership wasn't in the way across the road. I knew I hated SUV's. haha. I had thought about the bedroom in the living room but the way it is laid out w/ the front door and front window it would look odd. They would accept animals w/ no additional $$.

2nd one across the bay puts us away from the water. Good thing it has a bath up and 1/2 one down.... :cheers: it has a nice w/d ((course I never had one before-lol), less move in expense cost.....decent grade school but my heart was on Astoria. Iffy on the cat.

Gab likes the second one and you are on the side of the bay with all the big stores for grocery shopping.

And I am away from the water. I mean I could walk 1 mile and look at the marina and turn around and go home for another mile (lol). Might motivate my a$$.

Pretty sure I have the 1st one if I wanted it. Second one she needs til Tuesday to process the application. So, we wait and see. Something should happed by Tuesday, cross fingers!!

Mindee- Can't believe you weren't invited to your sisters. My family is so like that. My mom went on and on about doing something for Rach and when the day finally got her she didn't even call. I called and left a message to remind her even but she never called back. WhatEVER. I hope you are having a good day!! :)

Cristina- yay for the .5, see it wasn't that bad was it?? :) You are a good grandmother, are Chase & Cambrie the first children in the family??

Francie - :hugs: take it easy!

:wave: to Sue, Sassy, Asia, Katy, Jules, and Tammy! Hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend :)

Better get, still reading Double Cross....think I will get a chick lit next all these murders are making me even more twisted. lol

chat later :wave:

Shopaholic1204
08-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Hola everyone..

Just being quick here. We went to Target today and stocked up on some dvds. Got seasons 1 & 2 of The Office and season 1 of The Tudors. I also bought, The Other Boleyn Girl. I've been dying to read it forever..lol. I think I'm gonna start it tonight. My friend said the movie is good..so I cant wait to watch it afterwards.

We're still leaving on tuesday..but it wont be until after 1pm. I have to pick up my prescription then. So we're gonna get a late start..but thats okay. This way Fonzo can rest up and can keep driving longer during the night.

Ah so ya...I'm gonna go read. I should really update my stuff on goodreads..lol.

tommysgirl18
08-18-2008, 12:53 AM
well, I made it through my birthday without any major issues.

kind of sad, but besides a friend of ours, another friend of ours, and a lady that I contacted about PartyLite, the phone hasn't rung besides that! my own mom didn't call me, but then again, I haven't checked my other email account. I just look at it like this: the four most important people threw me my birthday party, which was Tommy, Brandon, Logan and Marissa. the people that did manage to come over and party with us, I consider them more family then the rest of mine. which is kind of sad since my family is HUGE, but what can you do, you know?

thanks for the birthday wishes ladies! our office manager came over and wished me a happy birthday. her son, who works as a maintenance guy here at the complex, even wished me a happy birthday!

FrouFrou
08-18-2008, 08:52 AM
DO NOT POST HERE...please & thank you :D

Head on over to BIK #54 See ya there :wave: