Old 08-06-2008, 02:00 AM   #1  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Has anyone lost a lot of weight with Core?

Hi there. I have done Core before and really liked it but got derailed due to a vacation. I have a lot of weight to lose (186 lbs.) so I was hoping that there was someone around who had lost a similar amount on Core.
TIA!
trying2Bbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 45 pounds in 6 months before I derailed myself. It wasn't the programs fault. The trickiest thing to master is eating only to satisfied. Once I learned that I didn't have to eat when I wasn't hungry and that I could eat as many times a day as I needed to as long as I only ate until the hunger pangs went away, I started to lose weight. I ended up eating 3 small meals and two snacks a day. I honestly felt like I was eating all day long.

Our Moderator, Jane, doesn't post regularly here but is someone whom lost over 100 pounds on Core. We are a pretty well behaved bunch here and she doesn't have to slap us around at all to get us to follow the rules. I'm hoping she'll see your post. Her story is quite inspiring.

I've at least 120 pounds to lose. I'm going back to regular WW meetings on August 18th and will be throwing myself wholeheartedly into Core. We can work on it together. I'm a fairly regular poster here on the Core board. There are quite a few regulars posting here some of whom are newbies with tons of enthusiasm.

Come check us out on the weekly chat thread. Good Luck!

Last edited by Vickie; 08-06-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Come on over to the Chat board if you want. We're a friendly, supportive and informed group!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 391/373.4/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hey T2BB! I also have a "tremendous amount of weight to lose" (one of the WI people actually said that to me, not very encouraging!) Anyways, I've got a long journey ahead as well. So far I've lost almost 17 lbs on core. This is my second go with ww, my first time I did flex, and I find core to be so much easier. With flex, I would still eat the bad stuff, just count it in to my points(and probably not be as honest as I should have been). This way, there's no counting, I just have to listen (which is hard). I'm hoping to get my 4th 5lb star on saturday, and be 10 and some change away from my 10%.
amybmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

You chicks need to keep coming to chat with us. It doesn't matter how much you have to lose, you have made a "tremendous" step just getting started. I honestly feel that posting here has made a huge difference in my weight loss efforts. The chicks are so supportive!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #6  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

Amybmid,
I probably would've slugged her if she said that to me! It never fails to surprise and shock me what some folks will say to those of us who are metabolically challenged. Good for you for making such great progress! I know what you mean about eating the junk. I found myself doing that as well. One reason why I definitely think Core is for me.
Thanks for the encouragement! We can do this together!
trying2Bbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

T2BB - I think you've found the right place! See how friendly the members are?
Just a tiny correction about me. I lost 85 pounds with Flex (not Core) a few years ago. I personally need the portion control of Flex, although Core does work wonderfully for many, many people. Good luck!

Amy - I'm sorry that was said to you, and by a WW employee at that!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oooopps! Sorry, Jane. I thought you were a Core girl. I guess I just wanted to claim you!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Aww, how sweet of you, Vickie!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 321.8/261/164

Height: 5'7"

I have a lot of weight to lose. So far, I have lost 40.6 pounds and I am feeling really wonderful about it: lighter, happier, healthier!!!
thesusanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

I have an internet friend who has lost 90 lbs on it so far. She has another 50 to go. I am seriously considering switching over to this diet.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6

I have lost 27 pounds on the core plan in 3 months. The best part about this plan is you don't have to count points or measure out portions. And you're not depriving yourself of anything bc you still have 35 points a week to spend on whatever (more if you workout!)
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote