Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls #39 Happy Easter!!

Finally got time to pop in here.

PJ, I just have to say you look marvelous, and the arms are fine.

Michelle, you better not leave the nest, we all just kind of seem to slow down a bit and disappear around holiday.

I am going to my sister's on easter sunday for a hunt and dinner, I will do the best on program that I can but it will be hard. The girls are excited. I do up their baskets and send them on a treasure hunt to find them. I make up notes and they have to follow the clues til they find their easter treasure. Anyone else have any interesting things they do? I would love to hear any ideas.

Well I am at work and have to be quick but wanted to stop by.

Hello to everyone

Brenda
Old 03-29-2002, 08:50 PM   #2  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi gals,

Well, same-old-same-old here. Not much new going on. Of course, as I thought, I gained back the 3 lbs I loss from having the stomach bug. Actually, I am down 1/2 lb. Oh well, the roller coaster continues.

Brenda - I have also done the "clue" thing at Easter for quite a few years now. My kids are now 14 and 10 (almost 11) and I thought for sure last year would be my last "Easter Bunny". Well, was I wrong. One night this week they both cornered me and whined about wanting the clues this year. Now, the older they get the harder I have to make them. So, I have relented and made clues this year. They are not getting alot, esp. candy, but I made up some clues and bought some non-candy stuff.

Setina - where are you????? Come out, come out and chat with us!!

Well, we are watching the girls Final Four. I don't know what we're going to watch after Sunday. Except for racing!! My daughter loves basketball. I am also trying to control her eating. She weighs almost as much as I do, but she's only 14 1/2. I really do not buy junk food, and she has been playing sports (soccer and basketball) monthly since last summer. She just has my metabolism I guess. Of course, on the other side, my son is stick thin and can eat and eat. Any one else out there dealing with/or dealth with an overweight child? Her weight probably bugs me more than it does her. Will talk more about this later. Have to go finish the wash now.

Hope you all have a nice Easter. We will actually be attending a basketball tournament this weekend. My daughter plays AAU and can you believe someone is having a tournament on Easter weekend!! We have two games on Sunday. Well, the good news is that it will keep us away from the sweets.

Sheri
Old 03-29-2002, 09:54 PM   #3  

It rained so I got some sleep..but still got a headache!

Glad we don't ahve Easter baskets here anymore! Kids all grown but we still send them a card and money
Old 03-31-2002, 03:51 AM   #4  

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My anxiety if back right now just came this week and I can't figure out what causes it..I am not worried about anything at the moment!LOL I just wake up with a headache and a tightness in my neck and jaw(I think that is what cuases the headache)..Kinda like to much caffine..but I don't do caffeine or too much sugar..cause I know these things wil trigger it. Got any ideas??????? The only thing that helps is to keep physically busy..cooking, cleaning or gardening and just keeps my mind off it, when I am done with these things and sit down to rest it is still there! I hate this feeling...makes me jumpy and irritable too! happens every spring..wonder if it is an allergy of some kind?????????? I heard that some docs are using botox injected into the neck muslces for this type of headache....did you hear about this too? I have learned that food does not actually help the anxiety...I used to think I was shakey cause I needed something to eat ...so I ate! Keeping my jaw moving does help though..so I need to find low cal things to occupy my mouth!
Old 03-31-2002, 06:28 AM   #5  

Good Morning and Happy Easter to all of you.

Today will be relaxing, I planned it that way. Seeing that this weeks meeting is about balance I thought I better give it a try myself

About that botox shot, not sure if I would go ahead with that one. I have heard the pros and cons when I watch a tv program on it a while back. I wish I could give some ideas as to how to help but all I can think of is deep breathing exercises. I'm sure this is no help at all, but maybe someone will come up with an answer.

Not much happening here. Have a nice day everyone.

Julie
Old 03-31-2002, 11:14 PM   #6  

Hi, everyone! Some of you may remember me from a LONG time ago. I used to post here a lot, but I had a lot of problems with my health and have been MIA for a long time. I am finally back and will be joining WW again this week. I am happy to be back. :-)

Meshell
Old 04-01-2002, 12:24 AM   #7  

HI Meshell...I remember ya! So how are you doing???????????

Thanks for caring Julie.........I'm not keen on the shot either but get desperate when these headaces won't stop! Deep breathing tenses my neck up and so do upper body exercises....I haven't
found anything that works yet not even muscle relaxers..makes it worse......... I want too shove food in my mouth thinking it will make me feel better, less anxious....but I know it won't!

Last edited by Candicej; 04-01-2002 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:47 AM   #8  

Hello and happy Monday!!!!!

Meshell, I think I may remember you or do I just think that I do? Anyhooo welcome to the group.

Candice, I hear ya, I guess I would do anything that would help me too. Just remember that I'm thinking of you and care. One thing to remember too, don't feel the emotion only feed the need to survive.

Hope you all had a good Easter. Ours was quiet and that was just fine.

I'm off to work at the flower shop and then back home to get ready for my WW meeting.

The meeting this week is on balance in our lives, but at my meetings, the members will be bringing in recipes they want to be converted to points, so we will be doing that as a group.

Have a happy one.

Julie

Old 04-01-2002, 08:36 AM   #9  

Angry

Hi, Candice and Julie! I remember the two of you. I am doing much better than I was before. You may remember that I developed fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome after having a kidney removed. It has taken over 3 years to finally get on a medication regimen that allows me to have any quality of life at all. For a while, I was in a wheelchair much of the time and had to give up driving. I am pleased to say that I am walking AND driving again. I turned 30 last July and recently started spending a LOT of money getting some dental work done. That made me start thinking about taking care of myself in other ways as well. I had my hair cut, ordered a popular skin care line for myself, bought an exercise bike, and decided to re-join WW.

I am still homeschooling my 2 children who will be 13 and 10 this year. It is so nice to be back!

Meshell
Old 04-02-2002, 07:19 PM   #10  

Wow Meshell, you sure have been through a lot. Do you remember that I have lupus? I have been fortunate that I'm still in remission.

It is good to hear that you are back doing things and really enjoying quality of life. How did you home school your kids when you were not well? You are an inspiriation.

Hope everyone is doing well

Julie
Old 04-02-2002, 07:37 PM   #11  

Julie,

Fortunately, my children are very self-motivated and do most of their school work on their own. When I am in a really bad flare, my husband helps with the lessons. We have also bought several educational cd's for the computer that come in handy during those times. There are also times when the children curl up with me on the bed or couch and we do their schoolwork that way. My daughter has the same condition as well as having suffered a brain injury at the age of 2. She is very high-functioning, but we had to start learning compensation techniques a long time ago. It is amazing at how creative a person can be when they just have no choice. I am really looking forward to being back on WW. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and want to plan my meals for the next week first, so I am frantically searching for recipes so I can make out my grocery list and go through my coupons tonight. :-) I had a root canal today, so I am waiting until Thursday to go to my first WW meeting.

Meshell
Old 04-03-2002, 03:22 AM   #12  

Julie..I didn't know you had Lupus! Hope you stay in remission

Meshell..soudns like you got stuff under control! A root canal..that does not sound good! I hate dental work of nay kind even a cleaning! Sounds like you are taking charge and doing some self pampering Planning is one of the keys to success!

I was able to do some upper body exercvises today..wonder if I will pay tomorrow..with my bad arm and neck I have not been able to do these..so I acomplished something good today! My left leg and foot are giving me fits..waking me with pain..kinda strange. Maybe it will just go away on its own
Old 04-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #13  

Julie,

When were you diagnosed with lupus???? Are you having to take the steroids that cause weight gain? Being sick AND having to take a lot of meds sure do add a major challenge to weight-loss. But, we must learn to take care of ourselves the best we can. What better can we do for ourselves than to strive to be as healthy as we possibly can be? And most importantly, we must learn to really LIVE and not just EXIST. That idea has caused a major turning point in my life.

Where are the other owls I know? Brenda, P.J., Tara, Setina, etc.......

Meshell
Old 04-03-2002, 10:13 PM   #14  

Julie,

I would love to chat with you about Lupus. Back in March/April of 2001 I had a positivie ANA. NO definate diagnosis as of yet but the doctors are watching my symptoms. So far they have said fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I think all of them are so closely related that they can't determine sometimes.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:49 AM   #15  

Teresa..I had a postive ANA back in 1988 and they said to watch for Lupis but nothing to this day but that darn Fibro!

Meshell..meds are the pits when it ocmes to weight gain..I cut way back and don'tknow what would happen if I had to increase the dose again I am maintaining now and it is hard! PJ is busy moving and I don't know where the other owls are (Bren ,Tara and Setina are around somewhere!)

Hi Julie..........
Closed Thread