Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #1  
~*Dawn*~

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Support, support, and someone to kick my butt lol

So I went on vacation 2 weeks ago and I have been doing terrible! I went from 193 before I left to 199. Well now I'm down to 196 and I'm not moving because I'm doing terrible!!! Can someone kick my butt and get me back on track? Give it to me, say what ya gotta say to get me back on track Thanks
DMNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

For starters, you've managed to keep most of the weight off, that is a SUCCESS! No sense beating yourself up about it now, especially since you've seen the light and taken a few off again. Try making promises to your kids that you'll ride your bike with them, or something. That get's me going, "Mom, you promised!"
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

It is tough to get back on track, after a break. And hey, you are already down three pounds, again. So, you must be doing something right!

If you want a little kick in the arse, tho...

Move it! Move it! Move it! What do you think you are doing, sitting around, whining like a little mama's girl?!?! You know what to do. You have done it before. You can do it again! I know you can! I believe in you! Now, believe in yourself!

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, let me share my current insight with you. I have realized that true success at losing weight and maintaining that loss doesn't come from eliminating mistakes (or planned treats or vacations) but from getting back into a healthy lifestyle after those inevitable off-plan detours. A weight loss/maintenance lifestyle can include special meals and vacations *IF* you can make the transition back. This is a big deal. It's a tough skill to master.

OK -- so here's an opportunity for you to practice that transition skill! Get back into the swing of things and you can start planning your *next* vacation!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/169/150

Height: 5'4"

Default wow!

You're down 3 lb.s already! Way to go! Don't beat yourself up...just get right back in the saddle! Good luck!
ReadytoRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #6  
Workin' it out

S/C/G: 175/170.6/150

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ditto what yoyoma said! Setbacks are part of the process. Expect them and learn how to cope with them, and you will be successful.

Think about all your reasons for wanting to lose weight. Think about how you want to feel when you get past that 190 mark.

Think about what you hate about being overweight. How devastated you might feel to go back in to the 200s.

Hope this helps!
ShrinkingShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #7  
~*Dawn*~

Alrighty.... I did great today, Thanks to Vacation Bible school lol It got me out of the house and I wasn't sitting around eating Thanks ladies for the kick in the pants lol
Old 08-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #8  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I think I got them all...
COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS... ! Lean on us..

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 08-04-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:13 AM   #9  
~*Dawn*~

195 this morning!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #10  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
Well, let me share my current insight with you. I have realized that true success at losing weight and maintaining that loss doesn't come from eliminating mistakes (or planned treats or vacations) but from getting back into a healthy lifestyle after those inevitable off-plan detours. A weight loss/maintenance lifestyle can include special meals and vacations *IF* you can make the transition back. This is a big deal. It's a tough skill to master.

OK -- so here's an opportunity for you to practice that transition skill! Get back into the swing of things and you can start planning your *next* vacation!
Well said. This is something I constantly work on. I fall off plan, now and then and just have to remind myself that the deviation doesn't matter. That getting back OP and keeping on keeping on is what is important. After all, I want this to be a healthy, life long change, not a temporary band-aid fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMNewman View Post
195 this morning!!!!!!!
Yay! You!
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote