WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default Should I use up all my points?

I just started the program 3 days ago and I'm doing it on my own from home. A few questions about points usage:

- Am I supposed to use up all my daily allowed points?
- Am I supposed to use up all my weekly allowance points?
- If I go under my daily allowed points, can I take those leftover and roll it over to the next day?
- Under this program, are we supposed to stop eating a certain number of hours before bedtime? Or does that not matter as long as you stay within your points allotment?

Thanks from an overwhelmed newbie!!!
margieel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #2  

- Am I supposed to use up all my daily allowed points? Yes -- hopefully making good choices (make sure to eat your daily amount of fruits/vegs) -- the better you eat, the more food you can fit in your daily points range. Also, if you eat all your points, you will have a little wiggle room should you hit a plateau.
- Am I supposed to use up all my weekly allowance points? Most weeks I do, some I don't really need them. They are there to use and should not affect your weight loss terribly much. Personally I find them more as a safety net, to avoid the "I ate too much" thinking
- If I go under my daily allowed points, can I take those leftover and roll it over to the next day? You can't roll over points. Do try to use all your points each day, in the long run it will help your weight lsos.
- Under this program, are we supposed to stop eating a certain number of hours before bedtime? Or does that not matter as long as you stay within your points allotment? I've never read anywhere in WW literature to do this, but I think metabolism wise it is a good idea to not eat right before bed

Good luck!!

Last edited by shelby897; 08-03-2008 at 11:25 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

As far as eating right before bed, I do it all the time and it hasn't affected my weight loss. I also go for a jog every night before I eat a late late dinner. That might help.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

It's midnight here, and I've just finished a snack. I'm hungrier at night than in the morning.
As for the weekly extra points, sometimes I use all of them, sometimes just a few. Sometimes you just have a day where you're hungrier than usual. Or you have to go to a wedding, or party, or fancy dinner where you can't control what food is served.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

The more points you are eating when you get to maintenance, the more you will be allowed daily for the rest of your life.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 307.2/278/150

Height: 5'4"

You can eat as late as you need/want as long as you are not exceeding your point allowance (this includes your weekly allowance). I have done some reading on that and what I have gathered is your body doesn't know what time it is it just knows when it's hungry. I have heard in my meetings and many other places that you should eat every 3-4 hours, this would include trying to keep an evening snack available within your points.

Definitely eat your daily points, it can be hard to do sometimes but it's much better to eat your daily points than go under. You actually may not lose or you may gain by not eating your daily points. I have had this experience myself, I found when I made sure i ate my daily allowance of points I would lose, but if I strayed and didn't eat them all multiple days in a row, I would gain a little. Very hard to train the brain but just know it's the healthy foods you definitely want to get in, and don't short yourself from eating those points.
rdy4chng is offline   Reply With Quote