Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #1  

Default Breaking the cycle

I have been dieting for about five months and I've lost about 30 pounds (and I need to lose about 10-15 more). I thought by now I would be a zen goddess who had no issues at all about food, but I have been binging a lot recently and I am terrified that I am going to regain.

When I was at school, I would have a few slipups, but never really binging. Once I got home, I found it impossible to control myself and I gained 7 pounds in three weeks and I told myself that it would be better once I got to California, which is where I am now.

Things have gone pretty well -- I lost all the weight I gained at home and then some, but I have been binging with increasing frequency and I don't know what is wrong with me! I had three good days this week, really felt like I was getting back on the wagon, and then I went to a friend's house and I couldn't control myself. The past two days have been a big binge -- and it was only last weekend that I said I was going to get back on the wagon for REAL this time. I don't want to keep saying, "this time I will make a change," and then fail, because that's what I did for so long about losing weight in the first place and I don't want to go back to that.

Even as I'm writing this, I still feel overly full from all the food sitting in my stomach. How can I break the cycle of feeling like crap and binging? It was only a few weeks ago that this all seemed relatively easy and I have no idea what's changed.
fspotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #2  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I've been meshing all my physical weightloss stuff with lots of books. Just looking at stuff in a different way and slowly breaking associations helps.
Believe me.. i'm in the same boat as you with feeling crappy and eating.. Something bad happens and i'm shoving my face with food.

One book that really is helping me with my journey is ' the power of now' by ekhart tolle a couple chapters in the middle geta little wordy, but i swear.. reading some of it everyday.. ) often the same few parts ) makes me quickly relaize that i dont need food right now. I need to be in control of my mind.

Another book is Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
by Judith Hanson Lasater. An easier read and a lot of help.

Mentally stability is a major key to weightloss and dealing with all the issue that arise or were there before.

Good luck and remember. You need to take control of YOUR mind.. dont let emotions jump in the way of your happiness

Im here for ya! And good luck!!

OH! I can't forget ' the way of the peacefull warrior' by dan millman Great book too Changed my life
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote