Old 08-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #1  
EmJ Taylor

S/C/G: 214/209/125

Height: five foot 3

Default slipped up again :(

So ive lost 5 lbs but last night i relapsed in drinking.....AGAIN and had a tub of icecream, two chocolate muffins, three bags of chips, four pieces of toast and honey.. when i was drunk.

Blah.
Haaaaate it.
im afraid to see what the scale says!! (((
emjtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #2  
Brittany

S/C/G: 290/Check Tracker/115

Height: 5'5

I know it sucks and you probably don't want to hear this but really... the only thing you can do is get back on track and keep on going. This is what I tell myself when I slip up...

"you can either put it behind you and get back on track OR you can feel sorry for yourself and eat like crap for a week or so and THEN come to your senses and get back on track" Obviously doing it right now is the best choice.

It's ok hun don't be too hard on yourself
I Heart Diet Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Well, we have all been there...drink lots of water, exercise and just eat as healthily as possible. If your dreading the scale just avoid it for a week or so.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/192/155

I've been there! You just have to realize that you slipped up and tell yourself that you aren't going to let this get in the way! You just have to pull yourself up and keep going. You can do it!
lilukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

if its when your drunk you eat all these things....
how about trying to restrict your drinking to save it happening again?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3l5
if its when your drunk you eat all these things....
how about trying to restrict your drinking to save it happening again?....
That sounds like a good idea to me...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Girl I hear you.
Yesterday I ate 1 slice of new york style pizza, 4 breaded raviolis, 5 boneless buffalo wings, a bean burrito from taco bell and a regular taco. Needless to say, I was unhappy. HOWEVER, I busted my butt on the elliptical last night and drank a CRAPLOAD of water throughout the day and to my surprise, my weight this morning was the EXACT 225.4 it was yesterday.

The moral: Although it may seem like a lot, sometimes all it takes is a good sweat to get right back to where you were.
blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8

I began limiting drinking only on my "cheat day" That way if I get the munchies, I won't be so hard on myself the next day, because I know that I worked hard all week long just so I can have a day like that and not feel guilty.

Don't be too hard on yourself! and I agree with Spoz, stay away from the scale for about a week if you fear it. You should step on it when you're feeling more confident about yourself and progress =]
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

*Hugs* You fell off the horse and now you have to get back on.
I didn't do very well these past two days either. Tonight I am eating Tuna Fish and drinking tons of water for the rest of the day.
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I've had to restrict myself from....certain things....as well, because I just EAT EVERYTHING. I'm learning though, I think the last time I indulged I managed to convince myself to ignore the hungry feeling, that I really didn't need to eat 2 breakfast croissants from Jack in the Box. When I sobered up a bit I was still legitimately hungry, so I ate some healthy foods.

Don't beat yourself up over it! Learn from these events! We've all been there, and now you just need to acknowledge the fact that you went off plan, and get right back to it!
x meowkat x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #11  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

It does seem that drinking leads you to eat foods you wish you hadn't later...maybe it would be a good idea to limit yourself to a couple drinks per week.

Keep going! I slip up frequently - you just have to forgive yourself and move on.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

I can't drink for this reason - I lose all self control. I also have to watch it when I'm out with friends eating. Just cause my 5'10 and 135lbs friend can have 3 beers and a hamburger and milkshake doesn't mean I can.

What works for me is that if I'm going to drink I try to do it at my house. Even if my friends are there or my boyfriend I know I have more control (and I just don't keep that much unhealthy food in the house). It seems to work for me.

But, as others have said - forgive yourself and move on. It's all you can do, and it's not work beating yourself up over.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

Hi EMJ,
I feel for you . I remember from another one of your posts that you're struggling with alcohol. One of my best friends has been battling alcohol abuse for the last year or so. As well intentioned as some of the "why don't you just drink less" suggestions are, I know it is easier said than done. This is a tough battle to fight, don't go at it alone. Make sure you're getting a lot of support, and find someone who can help you. You've got two major challenges ahead of you (weight and alcohol) and you may need to decide to tackle one before trying to address the other. Just know that we're here for you if you need support.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #14  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I think during a weight loss journey that is always pretty likely to happy. Even with me and the 25lbs I have lost in between I have gained as much as six lbs. The key is to keep on going. Your human your not going to eat healthy ALL the time anyway. Just try to watch it for the most part. Get back in the race!!!!!1 Good Luck
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote