WW Clubs and Groups - Health-Focused Friends #3

View Full Version : Health-Focused Friends #3

Jane
08-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Hello!

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it!

Jane
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Good morning!

Trish - yay, only 2 weeks until your appt. with the chiropractor. Let us know how you like the tea. My highlights are very subtle, but still, I like them! Next time I may go a tad lighter.

Jen - I got the highlights because my stylist asks me every visit when am I going to get them, lol. The ring I ordered has 2 rows of small turquoise stones. The stones are different shades of turquoise, actually. I really like it, and and tend to wear those colors a lot. Wow, I admire you for being able to work at the movie theater and stay OP! When I go to the movies, I take some cereal in a baggie with me, lol. I like that you call your mother mam! I've always wanted to go to Ireland, since I'm 1/4 Irish, but haven't made it so far. Maybe someday. I've read all the Catherine Cookson and Maeve Binchey books.

Hello to all the others. :wave:

We're going to a cookout at my sister's tonight, and I've already figured my points for it. Now I have to stay with what I wrote down. I can do it!

Have a good day! :hug:

jenosaurus
08-02-2008, 06:34 PM
WOW i have only just discovered weight watchers chocolate brownies. Oh lord they are divine.!!

goodluck with the cookout jane, I would do the opposite, I would enjoy it and then figure out what id eaten in points and if it was over work it off the rest of the week.
Guess that is why weight watchers works, you can adapt it to suit you.
Your ring sounds really pretty too. The only thing about going to the movies is that when I go now I dont even want to bother with popcorn or anythin because I tend to be fed up looking at it all day long. but when its thre in front of me an im workin its an entirely different kettle of fish.

Im the total opposite Id love to visit America one day. no idea why just would love to.

So does anybody have any little mini goals in mind? Mine obviouisly is for this dinner dance in September at the minute that is D DAY.
Ultimatley Id like to have a stone off (14 pounds) that would make a **** of a difference. But that only leaves me 6 weeks to lose 10 pounds. It can be done. I just need to stay focused. Sorry for going on abit.
Anybody else have any mini goals?

Good luck all
JeN

Marti
08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Just poppin in to let ya all know where I'll be the next couple weeks:

Here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2299501&postcount=41)

I will post more when it's all over. Until then, keep up the good work!!

Jane
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Hello,

Jen - do you have any relatives you can come visit here in the USA? I was supposed to go to Ireland a couple of years ago with a friend, but then my plans changed. Goals? My short term one is to just stay OP for more than just a day or two at a time. :dizzy: I think you'll make your goal by the time the dance date gets here. Do you have something special picked out to wear?

Marti - aww, we'll miss you, but totally understand about being busy. Just pop back in whenever you can. Don't work too hard!

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Today has been one lazy day, and I've enjoyed the relaxed pace. I ate too much at the cookout, but it wasn't too bad. Today, I've been OP so far. :crossed:

I've been reading when I ride my exercise bike, which isn't good for my arms, but the time sure does pass faster that way. Now, if I could just figure a way to get my laptop up there, I'd get many more miles in, lol.

Toodles!

jenosaurus
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Seems only myself and Jane around these days :)
I managed to stay OP again today feeling great about it too, haven't got anything picked out yet to wear will wait until closer to the time just in case i lose more weight before then :)

How much more food did you eat at the cookout?? Was it lots more than planned? Good work on the exercise bike. I haven't had a chance to get much exercise in but I'm gonna work on that from next week.

Hope everyone is doing well
JeN

pattygirl63
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Hello Ladies,

We are having a hard time turning our sleeping around so we can get up to go to church plus I've been having sinus headache. We got a little rain twice this week (very little) but I think it stirred something up. Any way, we went to Costco in Charlotte and then came back by Walmart to pick up a few things I couldn't get at Costco and buy gasoline. I think Tony said it was $3.49 a gal at Walmart. Somethings I could buy there but it's just too much for 2 people. Did get some fruit. I hadn't looked through all the stuff in the package they gave Tony when we left the mandatory class we had to attend at the Chiropractor center Monday and they had a diet in it. It is mostly eating protein, carbs and fat. The protein is lean meats, carbs are veggies and fruit and the fats are the "good" fats. It is quite interesting and adaptable to WW, but then I think when you get down to it almost all diets are. So we are working at eating more healthy and get a little more variety.

Marti - :( Ohh You will be missed. Sounds like a very busy time for you. We will be looking forward to your return.

Jen - I agree with Jane. You will make your 10 lb goal. For one thing you are young and I lost weight a lot easier when I was younger. My mini goal is to get to 198 lbs. and work at being healthier. Now that I have insurance I can go to the doctor and get help. I'm not setting a time limit, but I would love to be under 200 lbs by the end of the year. It is possible if I just do what I works for me.

Jane - We went out to Chili's to eat today and I ate what I wanted. The strange thing is I didn't over do. I had the appetizer skillet dip with chips and didn't make a dent in the chips. Tony wanted me to bring them home, but I told him "NO". I told him I didn't want them in the house. They were a treat and the nice thing is that I ate what I wanted and stopped when satisfied. Came home and like you did... I'm OP for the rest of the day. That is what normal thin people do and I think that is what we are finally learning to do friend. I think these are the things that will help us become successful at losing this weight and "keeping" it off.

Jaime - Hope you are having fun at your sisters.

Angie, Pat, Ruth, SPatty and anyone I missed -:wave: and how are y'all.

Everybody have a good evening.

:hug:
Trish

gmdavis
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi! Five years ago, I lost 85 pounds at WW, and would you believe I still go to the meetings EVERY week, but have gained half my weight back. My fault, of course--not theirs. I know if I quit going, I'll gain it all back. I've been on the right track again for four weeks, so I hope I'm on a streak!

jenosaurus
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey patty glad to hear that you managed to stay OP for the rest of the day? Glad you got a new diet that is working for you!

Id love to be under 200 pounds by the end of the year, thats only 22 weeks away ladies. Thanks patty you've given me another mini goal to work on after this dinner. to be under 200 for the end of 2008 :)

Hi gmdavis that is brilliant work on the 85 pounds even if you did gain some back, thats some accomplishment either way. Good to know you're back on the right track.
hi to everybody else
JeN

da fat n da furious
08-03-2008, 09:17 PM
So Jen,,,that means you could loose 1 pound a week and be close to your goal of being 200 by the end of the year! Doable...
I have plans of going to Ireland in 2 years.. Will be with a couple of friends and just touring the area. My grandfather was born in Killybegs..and would like to see if there is any family of his still around.

I think right now Im the only Canadian in this group...but believe me Ive been to many places in the US. 23 days till New York!

I did well at the work potluck...I filled up on fruits, and veggies. I did have samosos..so spicy I ate part of one,,,whewww

Went to a local pub with the co workers,,,was fun but had one incident with a drunk co worker. I guess this is common for him to get drunk then start fighting...this time around he went after Brandon (my son who works with me)
I didn't get involved,,,I let the others take care of it. He did kinda stop...as in he didn't stand up and threaten to hit him. About a half hr later I went to the ladies room and when i got back I ended up sitting next to him. He was spouting off again,,,and well Id had enough. I grabbed his chair swung him around and got close and snarled out,,,a few choice words...told him I was talking to him as a coworker,,,not as Brandon's mom. God help him if he didn't stop cause I would then come after him as an angry mom. I think I scared him sober cause he put down his drink and was quiet the rest of the night.

So today I ate pretty good. Lots of left overs. Do you find that when you grocery shop,,,when you are putting things away that you find little bits of food,,,not enough for 4,,,enough for 1. So today I took all the left overs...
and made dinner.
gonna get my water in and all will be well.

jenosaurus
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
That sounds like an eventful night well once everything is okay I suppose and nobody got hurt!
I refused to serve a man in the movie theatre today because of his attitude. My boss loves me :) so I can get away with it!

Yeah I could manage to be at 200 or JUST under by the end of the year.
WOW imagine being 23 pounds lighter for Christmas, lbd here i come lol

JeN

Dixiemae
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi Everyone

Angelia~Did you have a big rain storm Saturday? I was watching tv live from Montreal and it rained the whole time. I think you handled the drunk co-worker very well! You got his attention!

Jen~Your weight loss goal is very doable. My mini goal is to weigh 170 something in the next 3 weeks.

Trish~You are doing so well.

Everyone else have a great day~let us know how you are doing. Catch ya all later Pat

Jane
08-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Good morning,

Jen - I thought maybe you'd found something special to wear, and use that as an incentive to stay OP. Will this be a formal dinner dance? How dressy do you need to be? When you find something, I hope you share a picture, since we're all in this with you.

Trish - yes, you're right! We do need to learn to eat like naturally thin people do. I have trouble with that most of the time, though, lol. Yay for you, not bringing home the leftovers. If it isn't in the house, we can't eat it, right? The price of gas is about $3.47 here, so Neal is filling up my tank while he's in town today.

gmdavis - a big :welcome: to you! I lost 85 pounds with WW in 2004, and never did put it all back on, either, although I'm close. I think that says something for how we lost it at a reasonable rate. I'm much flabbier now, though. Anyway, I'm glad you joined us, and look forward to knowing you better.

Angie - yay for you, putting the jerk in his place. :cp: Sounds like you scared the bejeebers outta him, lol. I'd like to have been there! Neal and I eat leftovers a lot, or if I make a pot of soup, we'll eat on that for awhile. He doesn't mind it, and I don't like to cook. Mary sends suppers on the days we have the girls. Works for me! :D

Pat - :wave:

Today starts a 3 day stretch of us watching the girls from about noon until 7 when Dale gets home. As I mentioned, Mary sends supper for all of us, ready to pop in the oven, or in a crock pot, so that's a big help.

I got my first-of-the-month bills paid, and also our property taxes. Yikes! That sure made a dent in my "fun" money, lol.

Have a good, healthful day!

da fat n da furious
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Jane,,,I haven't been cooking much with me getting home at 6,,,Monte gets home at 2. He starts and most times finishes it,,,sometimes he lets me finish it. We do well with working as a team. I tell him I feel bad hes having to do so much more around the house and his reply is when I was home more I did it,,,so it equals out.

Jen,,,exactly what Jane said about having an outfit as an incentive. I *dated* a pair of jeans for months till I could buy and wear them.

Pat I live in Alberta,,,west of Montreal,,,I would say Montreal is a 4 hr plane ride or 20+ car ride. We had grumblings of thunder and light spit.

Did anyone hear about the crazy man in the greyhound bus?

So today I plan to drink more then my share of water. And eat healthy. So far so good.
And well I have BIG plans today,,,I get to go to Home Depot and buy a new toilet. I know Im soooo lucky I can barely contain myself..*sniff Im checking out the prices on the 1-2 flush ones.

Well I should get ready,,,Im not sure what to wear for my big plans the satin gown or the velvet paintsuit....hmmmm ha

Jane
08-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Angie - :rofl: Girl, you gotta take it on the road!!

Slimmin Patty
08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
I just got word that there weren't enough people signing up to get the WW at work. We are still going to have an informational meeting and I'll go to see if I can save any money by doing this through my work. Money is tight for everyone now.

I got myself my first charm for loosing 10 lbs. and am wearing it today. It feels good to have a reminder like this... ;)

jenosaurus
08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Patty - thats a pity about not being able to do weight watchers through work.
what charm did you get for your bracelet. That is a nice idea.

I have one advantage of still living at home. If Im working late my mam will cook for me and will be ready when I get home. I can't argue with that.

As for this dinner. I don't know how formal it will be. But if I get a nice dress then I should be ok. But haven't even seen anything that Id like to wear. But i've a few weeks yet, not panicking.

Hope everyone is keepiing well,
JeN

Jane
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Hello,

SPatty - YAY :cp: for you, earning the charm. What does it look like? Sorry it's a no-go for WW at work. Well, you can just get all your support here, ok? Do you already have a points counter? Once you get that, you're good to go. We can help you with the rest.

Jen - aww, I bet your mam is nice. Do you have siblings? I am the youngest of 7 daughters. No brothers. Two of my sisters have passed. One, when she was 10, died of tuberculosis, and another, when she was 48 died of cancer. Three of the 4 that are left live fairly near, and the other one lives in central Illinois. Didn't mean to go on about the fam, lol.

I stayed OP yesterday, thanks to the abundance of fresh veggies. I got the munchies, and had a plate full of grape tomatoes, celery, sugar snap peas and cukes with just a bit of lite Ranch dressing. Eating healthier sure does make a person feel better, doesn't it? Now if I can just keep within my points, I might actually lose some weight! :dizzy:

Gotta surf - toodles for now.

pattygirl63
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Sorry I'm not around much these days and it promises to get worse. I was looking at my calendar this morning and August is full and will be even worse when I start treatments at the Chiropractic Center. I think I am going to need the treatments to get my system aligned (sp) and functioning properly before a lot of good things start happening with my weight and health. The Chiro-clenz tea I'm drinking just isn't working for me like it really should be and I make it really strong like the girl in the office told me to do. So I can hardly wait to get started. I canceled my appointment with the regular MD for this month because I want to get a good start with the Chiropractic treatment and I am thinking that I would rather have a woman doctor or perhaps a MD that will work more with natural and the chiropractic work I'm having done. My Chiropractor is an older gentlemen probably in his 70's and he is a sweetheart and he said he would help me find a good regular doc and reminded me that I need a good female doc. So hopefully he has someone in mind. Eating following the guidelines of the diet plan I got from him has made it soooo easy for me to stay OP. I actually don't get hungry any more. Now just to get enough exercise which being active should help.

SPatty - I am so sorry that the WW at work didn't pan out. :( You know in my church back in TX before I married Tony I did a class for those who wanted to lose weight. I was amazed to find how many people, including my Pastor then who had medical problems that dieting would have corrected, wanted to lose weight but didn't want to do anything to do it. He even told me that it was too hard. I agree with Jane stick around here and you can get the help you need. You can read about others and get a lot of info and also surf 3FC and get a lot of healthy info to help you learn to eat healthy as you lose the weight. Believe me, I'm turning 65 this month, I have learned that healthy is the main thing. I'm not doing it for all the crazy reasons I did when I was younger. Last night I was thinking that I could have 5 yrs or 20 + years left of my life now and I want to live it healthy. I don't want to go out with heart disease or cancer. I want to do like my previous hubby did... just go to sleep one day and wake up in heaven and go just because it is time to go not because I'm sick. So just remember you have made a good choice that I call "being good to yoursel". I've decided I always put other people first and I'm good to them and now it is my turn for me to do that for myself. WW is a good plan because it fits any way you want to eat or like to eat. The choices are yours.

gmdavis - :welcome3: We look forward to getting to know you. So just jump in and tell us about yourself. :)

Angelia - Sounds like fun. :D When we had our house built, I picked out my jacuzzi and DH planned the shower, but the toilet was one item that we left to the builder.

Jane - I told Tony that I could live in IN with all the great veggies and fruits you guys get and he said, "Do you want to deal with all that snow? I don't want to do that again". So I guess IN will just be a place we go to visit every few years to see his son. Enjoy them and :carrot: YAY girl for staying OP.

Jen - I agree it is absolutely possible to be under 200 by Christmas. Good luck girl.

Pat - Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with you.

Marti, Ruth and everyone else :wave:

Better get busy. I'm trying to keep my house up while all this busy time is going on.

Y'all have a great day!!!!

Trish

jenosaurus
08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi all,
This is just a very quick message. Its great having internet access on my phone.
Turns out stayin OP all the time is not exactly great.
I happen to have 2 friends who work as paramedics who I had to call today at work, after I collapsed.
Turns out my blood sugar went too low as did my blood pressure.
Something along the lines, of my body is use to getting more sugar than its now getting. I guess I shouldn't have ignored the slight dizzy spells.

But Im ok now. That huge bar of chocolate.... Did wonders for my head but nothing else.
Anyway Ill check back in with you all soon
JeN

pattygirl63
08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Jen,

:hug: I'm glad you are okay. Some times when we want to lose a lot of weight like you do by your September event, we have a tendency to cut back too much on foods we really need. That isn't good for a lot of reason. Remember that one of the nice things about WW is that it is flexible and can work in and around what you need for your system. So you be sure to do just that. Work according to what your needs are. Are you eating fruit? Fruit would give you some natural sugar and if you do need sugar, you can even work around that too by working it into your plan. Make your WW Plan your Personal plan so that you can be sure you get all you need in your food plan.

Trish

jenosaurus
08-05-2008, 07:32 PM
thnks patty
i dont know wat happened i eat lots of fruits make my on smoothies everyday.
but one of the paramedics is going to get me,,,, name wont cum to me.. thing for checking your blood sugar levels diabetics use them.. just to keep an eye on it for it awhile.
jen

Slimmin Patty
08-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

The charm I got was a flip-flop. I decided to wear it on a necklace instead of a bracelet.

Jane, I do have an old points tracker from years back... before they had the core plan. I was thinking about going with core, but don't know the foods on the list and what the daily requirements are for core. Last time I was on WW I used the on-line, but found it better for me to have something to read so I can understand the concepts. I have a hard time sitting and reading from a computer for a long time. I sent an e-mail to the lady who was trying to set up WW at work and asked her if I would benefit in any way to wait for the informational meeting on WW. I haven't heard back, but in the past she has always responded fairly quickly. I'm going to give her until the end of the week and then I'll just sign up. Things are pretty busy in my life right now so if it takes a couple of weeks to get things started that would probably be better. I have enough South Beach knowledge to at least maintain and hopefully loose a little.

Thanks for all the support ladies ;) It's much appreciated and hopefully I can do the same for you some day.

suitejudyblueeyes
08-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Patty - Sorry to hear there weren't enough people to form an @work group. The in-person support sure is nice, but 3FC makes a pretty good back up, don't you think? ;) A flip flop charm sounds very cute!

Jen - Wow, I sure hope you are okay now! Are you hypoglycemic? Make sure you take care of yourself. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic a few years back and while it's not so bad now as it was then, I still have to feed myself every few hours and make sure I get enough carb in there to keep my blood sugar at a good level.

Jane - Wow, getting the munchies and you reach for a veggie platter! I'm impressed! I still hunt around for something junky, and only settle for the veggies :p

Trish - I wish you luck with the chiropractor, and I am glad to hear you are having success staying OP.

This is a quick fly-by for me today, posting while dinner is simmering on the stove. I am writing a report at work that is just tough as nails and won't come out right no matter what I do, so my 3FC visits are short! DH and I were redoing the budget the other night because we are suddenly facing a move to a more expensive location (DC) and we were trying to get costs down - I said I could let go of the WW monthly pass and just do it at home for a while, but he was staunchly against it. I thought that was very sweet. He said he knows it's important to me, and he would never ask me to give up something that helps me so much. :D He got major brownie points there!

Hope everyone is well - must attend to my simmering concoction and then try to hammer out more of this report. :wave:

Slimmin Patty
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Jaime, you definately have a keeper in your husband. It's great that he supports you.

I'm so confused as to what is going on at work for WW. Yesterday they said that we were going to have an "informational" meeting about the 12 week plan followed by a WI for those willing to pay. How this is different from WW at work, which we didn't have enough people, I don't have a clue. :?: Either way, it sounds as if there is a good chance that we'll have meetings here at work. That's good :D I'm just getting impatient because I'm ready to start now.

Jane
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
What?! I didn't post here yesterday?? :dizzy:

Note to all HFFs - in case you missed the announcement, Jaime is now a mod here in WW with Mauv and me. Congrats to her!!!! :cp:

Trish - your birthday is the 22nd, right? Just checking. It seems like we're all so busy. I'm one of those people that LOVE snow, and can't wait for the 1st snow of the season. I usually go out and play in it, and make a snow angel. Now that I have arthritis in my knee, I doubt I'll be able to that anymore, lol. It takes me until late February to get tired of snow.

Jen - oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're ok! :hug: Have you been keeping an eye on your sugar and bp now?

SPatty - sounds like WW at Work to me, too, unless they are planning to just have the first meeting to get you started. But why would they do that? When is the meeting?

Jaime - when are you moving to DC? Did your DH get transferred there? Aww, how sweet of him to want you to keep going to WW for yourself. Good luck with the report.

Ruth, Pat, Marti, Angelia, Mary Kate, gmdavis, and anyone I left out, I hope you're having a good week!

I have been going up and down OP. Maybe I need a swift kick in the rear. I did great yesterday, then had a bowl of buttered popcorn last night. Popcorn -ok, butter - not ok!

I just bought a 1/2 bushel of the most beautiful right-off-the-tree peaches. Mmmm. I eat the fuzz, do you?

Have a good one!

Dixiemae
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone~A quick fly by here. I am very depressed, I am going to have to start taking my medications again. I just cant shake the blues. I am glad every one else is doing so well.

Jamie~ congrats on your moderatorship.

Everyone have a great day! Pat

suitejudyblueeyes
08-07-2008, 12:11 PM
SPatty - That is strange. Is there anyone in charge you can ask for clarification about what's going on? Sounds like good news though!

Jane - Mmm, peach fuzz! I definitely eat the fuzz. I was just talking about this with someone else around here, peach fuzz apparently freaks some people out! I love it, but then again, I also eat the pricklies on the outside of a kiwi. :dizzy:

As for moving, we have a couple of reasons - I eventually need to get out of my current job, and there is nothing for me here in Charlottesville. Leo will have a better time finding a job once he's done dissertating up there than down here. And my sister is nearby, she is having her 2nd at the end of September, and being closer to family would be a good thing. Then there's the landlord pressure to skedaddle, so off we go! Thankfully my company has an office in DC which I can transfer to so I will still have a job!

Pat - :hug: I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. Medication will definitely help. Our brains are crazy things, the least bit of chemical imbalance and off we go. Good luck, keep us posted. Thanks for the congrats. :)

It is almost the weekend! I am thrilled. I have a lot of reading I need to catch up on, plus there is always more work to be done. And now that we are facing moving, tons of cleaning we should probably start in on! Busy times ahead!

Hope everyone is well :wave:

Jane
08-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Just a quick pop in -

Jen - are you okay? Let us know, since you didn't post yesterday, either. :?:

Pat - aww, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I wish I could help you in some way. :hug:

Jaime - oic about the move. How great that you'll be there for your sister, and especially that you'll be able to transfer in your same company.

Nuthin' new with me...

jenosaurus
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Sorry about not being on. I work strange hours and with the time differences too Im never online the same time as anyone else.
Im feeling ok.ish... think im going to make an appointment to see my doctor soon just to be sure.
But on the plus side today was my official weigh in and I lost another 3 Pound
So thats 7 now in total.

Hope everyone is doing well.
And congrats on the moderatorship
Jen

Slimmin Patty
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Jaime, congrats on being a moderator... you'll do great!

Jane, I wish I knew when the first meeting is. I know that a couple of weeks isn't a long time, but it is when you are wanting to get started. I would certainly hope that we should know something next week. If we don't I think that I'm going to order WW at home and get started myself.

My WI was up 1/2 lb. I haven't been exercising consistently and haven't been putting the effort I need towards weight loss.

Has anyone joined biggest looser?

suitejudyblueeyes
08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I was a part of the Biggest Loser round that just finished and I have signed up for the forthcoming one. It hasn't necessarily challenged me to do my best but I've made friends with some of the ladies who do it as well, so I rejoined for the social aspect :) It is fun if you can keep up with the crazy 30 page chats!

Jane
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Just a quick one today....

Jen - glad to see you here, and, yes missy, I think you should go see the doc just to be on the safe side. A big WOOHOO on the 3 more pounds down! :cp:

SPatty - the old saying, "Is you is, or is you ain't" applies to your work situation, lol. They need to make a decision, and stick to it.

Everyone else - :wave:

I'm heading out with Mary and the girls in a bit to meet their new teachers, see the classrooms, and do some other errands. It's been awhile since Mary and I got to go anywhere together, so I'm liking this.

Toodles!

pattygirl63
08-09-2008, 03:32 PM
:wave:Hello Ladies,

Quick flyby. Everything here is fine. Staying busy and OP. Hope all is well with everyone.

Trish

da fat n da furious
08-10-2008, 12:15 AM
hello everyone...

Have been eating clean the last few days other then 1 think that was given to me..*sigh Need to up my water as usual. Thinking Im going to start taking vitamins too. Think I need more vitamin B.

Jen,,,Good idea about getting yourself checked out. Ya on the 3 lbs...

Jaime,,,Congrats on being a Mod! Your hubby sounds like a good man.

Not much happening,,,I went to the Frige Festival last night and saw to shows. Both pretty ummm raunchy. not my usual thing I for.

The weather here is pretty hot,,,nice and hot. I woke up super early this morning and felt really horrible. Bad headache,,,dizzy. Felt like I had the flu so I went back to bed,,,woke at 11,,,still feeling ill...pukey ill. Went back to bed...Woke at 4:30 feeling better. I was given a priscrition from my Dr for migraines,,,which is what I had but I don't want the side affects so I troopered thro it. But lost a day.
So at work,,,My supervisor quit,,,my boss and a few othger key people are all on 2 week holidays...*eeeee things are pretty hairy right now. perhaps that is why I had the migrain. 1 more week....
16 more days and Im on holidays!

Well Im off...
night all

jenosaurus
08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Hey all,
Again im in a rush. Looking forward to having a day off. Go knows when that will be though.
Had a bad day yesterday but bein good so far today.
But on the negative side of things my dinner dance in september looks like its going to be cancelled...
BUT i dont mind because I have met this very cute fire fighter lately.
First date this coming week lol :) At least its an incentive to keep at it :)
Hope everyone is keepin well.
ill catch up with you all soon enough i hope
JeN

Dixiemae
08-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi All~I have been taking my medication for depression. I am doing some what better. My ex has picked up my black lab. I am missing him, but it is okay. I now have a year to heal and recover from the divorce. We have our final hearing in Oct. Then I can get on with life as usual.

Eating this week has been very strange for me. One day I actually didn't eat enough. It does seem strange especially for me to say that. I had a few slip ups, but nothing major. I did a sneak peek weigh in this morning. I am exactly the same as last week. I am okay with that, it could have been far worse. I have buddied up with several friends. We have challenged each other to leave the 180's together. Hope floats again.

Everyone, thank you for your support and thoughts. I need all the friends I can get right now. You are a great group of ladies. Catch ya all later Pat

da fat n da furious
08-11-2008, 03:24 PM
hi all,

Its Monday afternoon,,,haven't had a break. Im really tired and hungry. And soon to be cranky. Ive had a huge arguement last week with a co worker who doesn't want to cover me on my breaks. Says shes too busy. She also happens to be the biggest whiner. Since the arguement I have been turning away all her friends and non work callers. Your too busy to cover me,,,then you are too busy to chat.

I was excited this morning,cause it looked like we might be hiring a new girl to take my position and I would move into the main room. (it has to be less stress) but she called asking for directions from the train station...huh?
We are literally in the middle of no where...no bus stops, trains, or well anything. So there was my chance of escape.

anyways I better get back to work

Slimmin Patty
08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
I had a NSV I had to share... I bought jeans today in a smaller size and Ihave been waiting for this day for a LONG time :D

My youngest daughter did great at the fair... she amazes me, I can't hardly get her to talk to anyone, but she spoke to the judge as if she has known him forever. I'm so proud. My oldest did very well also as she always does. School starts here the 20th so there aren't many days of summer left.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 1.5 lbs... hope I can continue for WI on Friday. Hopefully by the time I get to work on Wednesday there'll be some knews about WW.

Have a great day everyone ;)

Jane
08-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Hello ladies,

Trish - how are you doing?

Angie - I feel so much better when I take a multivitamin. I also take extra Vit. D, too, just because I've been hearing so much about it. Maybe the new girl would be ok, once she finds you, lol. I don't blame you for not putting through the other gal's calls. Now she'll have to relieve you just to get her calls, teehee.
How long until you leave for NY? I wish I could go with you!!

Jen - sorry about the dance being canceled. Ooooh, tell us more about the fireman. I have 5 firemen in my family. How did you meet him? Where are you going this weekend? Yay for being back OP.

Pat - aww, I'm sorry about the doggie. You seem to have a good outlook on things, though. Yay for hooking up with some like-minded friends. I'm glad the meds are helping you, Pat.

SPatty - woo hoo on the smaller jeans and loss!! :carrot: Sounds like your DD did a great job at the fair.

Hello to the others.

We've been redecorating the living room in aqua and brown, and hope to get it finished today. I'll post pics when it's done.

Today is the first day back to school. The twins will have separate (but connecting) classrooms, and although that's what they want, it's still scary for them. I'm headed over there in a bit to see them before they leave - they'll have their new clothes and shoes on, lol.

I have been eating too much. Have you all given up on me yet??

Toodles!

Slimmin Patty
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Jane, our school starts the 20th. My oldest starts high school this year (I can't believe she's that old already.... I'm so glad that I haven't aged :D Are the twins you refer to yours? If so, how old are they? My daughters are 9 & 14.

I'd better get ready... today's the last day that I have to go to the fair. Even my daughters are tired of it.

Have a great week everyone:)

Dixiemae
08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi All~Got a funny for ya~My son (grown Man) says Mom you have droopy drawers! You have room to lay an egg in there! I guess that mean I get to go clothes shopping! Is size 16 regular the next size down from 1x? Guess that means I have to try them on AWWWWWWWWWW!! rofl

Jane~Thank you. When you are struggling so hard to get your life back on track it is nice to have friends to support and encourage you on. I am blessed to have found so many friends here at 3fc. The meds are helping, I can finally see a difference.
Catch ya all later Pat

jenosaurus
08-12-2008, 03:21 PM
The dance is back on again. Why cant people make up their mind!! But Im going shopping next week for a new dress. :) Im so excited!! I absolutely love shopping!!!

As for the fireman I met him through one of my friends who is a paramedic :)
No idea where we going on our date, he wants it to be a surprise... so god only knows... once its not the movies.... it will be ok.
Better get back to work, tickets wont sell themselves.. unfortunatley

Glad everyone is doin ok

suitejudyblueeyes
08-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Jane - Aqua and brown sounds fun, kind of funky. I can't wait for photos. What year of school are the twins in? Have they been separated before? And of course we will never give up on you! :hug:

Trish - glad to hear you're well!

Angelia - Wow, what a time for illness. I hope you feel better fast and that people have to take off early from their vacations to come help you out :) Where are you taking your holiday? That is so weird about the potential new hire - did you figure out where she was that she thought it was near a train station??

Jen - Sorry the dance looks like it is going to be cancelled. I know you were really looking forward to it :( When's your date? That's exciting!

Pat - It is great to hear you have buddied up with some people. In person support is very powerful. May you all leave the 180s post haste! :D That is funny about your son. I think 16 is the same as 1x, so you should be getting into 14s now! How exciting!!

SPatty - Awesome NSV! :carrot: New sizes make great NSVs. Congrats to your daughters on their successes at the fair!

I'm doing okay over here. Been patchy eating-wise but I am still seeing a loss. I am not sure how that works but I am not about to start complaining! Had some stupid person in a car make an ugly comment at me as I was running with DH last night... trying to get over that today without drowning in a bucket of ice cream. We are going up to Maryland again on Friday and Saturday to look at some apartments there - We sent my sister to preview a couple places but I am not comfortable signing an application without actually seeing a place first. At least she got to weed out the obviously unsatisfactory ones. This just means I will probably miss my meeting again this week... Unless I am on top of things and go to the meeting near my sister's house on Saturday. We shall see. I am kind of excited, I like looking at apartments :)

Hope everyone is well! :Wave:

suitejudyblueeyes
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Jen - Posting at the same time! Glad your dance is back on, that is awesome! :carrot: Sounds like you have a man of mystery there, taking you on a surprise date. Sounds like you'll have fun! :D

jenosaurus
08-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I suppose its something diferent. Oh well Ill see how it goes i supose.
Iv already started looking online for potential dresses to wear to this dance i found a beautiful midnight blue dress that i have just fallen in love with but ill need to try it on first, just to see whats it like

da fat n da furious
08-12-2008, 05:52 PM
ouch! starting school so soon! Tanner doesn't start till after Labour Day.

Jane,,,I love those colors,,,I told you I painted my small bathroom choc brown with aqua accents right? Im in the process of convincing Monte to buying a new sink,,,have you seen the Home Depot ones that are big glass bowls? So pretty.

Jen,,,you said looking online? send me a link if you are...love shopping for dresses..or pretty much anything,,,ha ha

Jaime,,,the adventures of finding the right place...good luck.

SPatty,,,my youngest started highschool last year and I felt so weirded out over that. I still do a double take when see either of my boys walking towards me...how fast they grow.

So my supervisor has did one interview so far...fingers crossed. I really would like to know Im gonna be replaced soon.

Nothing else is new...boring,,,which is always good.

jenosaurus
08-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Here I know the kids dont start back to school until the 1st of September. Before that and it wouldn't go down well.

Jane, my friend has her salon done those colours and it looks amazing
Angelia, fingers crossed for you you get replacd..

Ok ladies, ;like I said i fell in love with this dress but haven't seen it on yet, But i'm looking for opinions what colour would ye all suggest I go for!!
I know black is a safe option but aside from that??
Thanks for any help

Jen

pattygirl63
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
:wave: Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been feeling really tired again lately, but staying OP. My first appointment with the Chiropracter is Friday afternoon. I turned in my paperwork today when Tony went for his treatment. I am so looking forward to Friday. I also need to look for a dentist as I need to have two teeth filled. They don't hurt, just need to be fixed. I want to get that done before the do hurt.

Angelia - Sounds like your co-worker is cold hearted. What kind of person refuses to releave you so you can go eat and go potty.:?: I hope you get your replacement soon so you can move on to your new position.

- I hope you have fun looking for your new apartment. You have such a nice and special guy there. He knows how important WW is to you and supports you staying with it when you move. He truly is a keeper.:)

[B]Jane - I forgot that school started today in IN. I guess we will get a phone call today or tomorrow from Tony's DGC to tell us about their first day. I don't know when the others start. I look forward to seeing pics of your living room.

Jen - I hope you have fun on your date with the fireman. Glad your party is still on. I know you will look great for it.

Pat - Congratulations on losing enough to have to go shopping for new clothes. I hope that will help you feel better.

SPatty - Congratulations on the 1.5 lb loss.

Hi to everybody else. Y'all have a good evening. I'll catch y'all again soon.

:hug:,
Trish

Jane
08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning, :wave:

Patty - the twins are my DGDs, and they are 6 y/o. They have a little sister who's 4. My DD and her family live right next to Neal and me, so we get to see the girls a lot. Bet you're relieved that the fair is over for the year.

Pat - droopy drawers, lol. That's cute! I feel the same way as you - I'm very glad I'm part of this group. I look forward to "talking" to each of you every day.

Jen - well, with your coloring, I think any color dress you choose would be pretty. Question - if things go well with the fireman, will you invite him to the dance?

Jaime - no, the twins haven't been separated before. All went well yesterday, except Makenzie had homework, and Madison didn't. Makenzie didn't like that at all, lol. Aww, I'm so sorry the idiot in the car said stupid stuff. He doesn't know you, and has no clue what you've done, or what you're about. His IQ is probably the same as his age, lol. How exciting for you, looking at apartments in Maryland this weekend. I hope you find the perfect one!

Angie - if you told me about your bath colors, I forgot, lol. I have seen those bowl sinks, and think they're awesome! So did they hire the gal that had the interview? My fingers are crossed for you, Angie!

Trish - yay for you getting to see the chiropractor Fri. Also, for getting your teeth filled soon. Any clue why you're feeling so tired? Have you been getting enough rest and water?

Marti - I miss you! :(

We got the living room done, so I'll attach some pictures soon The brown is the color of wet sand, and with the aqua, I feel like I'm about to dive into the ocean! The room is nothing special, we live modestly, but I like it.

Toodles!

Jane
08-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Here are the pictures, including Molly, lol. The front door is open, and you can see that we walk behind the couch. The curtains are striped. If you notice that some of the picture frames on the wall are empty, I'm waiting for pics from family to fill them, lol. My DDs are crazy about the rug, so I'm including a shot of it. I tried to include one of the fireplace, but the file was too big. :dizzy: I think Neal did a good job with the paint, and the white chair rail, don't you?

(Photos removed)

suitejudyblueeyes
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Jen – midnight blue is beautiful. Feel free to post any links if you are online shopping, I love looking at dresses online! ;) Black is kind of boring in my opinion, but yes, it’s a safe color choice. You strike me as a daring kind of gal, a risk-taker, why not go for something fun? What are our options? :D

Angelia – Fingers crossed that you will have some help soon!

Trish – I hope your chiro appointment goes well, and that you can start feeling better soon.

Jane – you’re right about the guy in the car. I am planning on going for a run tonight, idiot people or not – he doesn’t deserve to have an influence over my actions, right? Your living room looks great, Neal did do a great job with the paint! I love the style of your wood furniture, looks mission-y to me.

Well, now we are deliberating as to whether it’s actually worth it to move to DC. We both are in love with Charlottesville and have never been big on big city-dwelling, plus it’s such a huge increase in cost of living, it’d be tough for us to make it. We are being pulled in different directions and cannot decide what to do! It’d be great to live closer to my sister and to have all of those new job opportunities in front of us, but we are tight $$-wise as it is and DC would make that worse long before it would be better. Plus we were reading about how mice and roaches are kind of par for the course in mid-level apartments… yuck! I just don’t know what to do! Trying not to look for answers in the bottom of a bucket of ice cream!

Slimmin Patty
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Jane, love the colors you chose for your family room. Very warm and homey!

I finally have a date for WW at work. The first meeting is Monday, the 18th. I've been doing good on my weight so the timing is perfect. I'm motivated to continue on :). I should have at least a 1.5 loss for last week. This might be the first time I have ever set a goal to loose weight and actually meet that goal :cool:

Have a great day

jenosaurus
08-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I do realise Im being kinda selfish lately and only talking about me, or my dress, But I promise I'll shut up about it once I find one.
As for bringing the fireman, I dont know. I think it might be too soon to ask him to take three days off work. Its 3 hours away, so we're going to spend the weekend down there.
So far this is the only dress I have found that I really liked
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_66154_679160_-1

pattygirl63
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Hello Ladies,

Jane - That is my favorite color of blue. Not much into browns, but I do like your choice. I really love it as itI'm planning on going with blue accessories in my front/guest bath room. Tony's Mother was into green and I continued with her stuff when we moved although that never was my color either. Tony never uses anything but white walls (another one of his Mother's things not mine), however, the up side is it makes it easy to just change colors of accessories. As to me feeling bad, I realized that I am drinking the Chiro-clenz tea which is a detox. I haven't detoxed in a long time, so that may be causing me to feel so tired. I have been reading about how people feel this way even tho their thyroid numbers look normal so I'm also am wondering about my thyroid. I've been to doctors that say it's normal and others who said that I still needed help. I realized when filling out paperwork that I've suffered with this years and it started when Iwas 16 or 17 y/o. Had a doctor tell me once to lose weight I would feel better, but this started when I weighed 115 lbs. So I don't think weight has any thing to do with it. Maybe the weight is partly the results of the problem. I hope the doctor will have some answers for me.

Jaime - What a delimma :hug: We left FL and family to move here to SC partly because the cost of living is better. So I know what you're going through. I hope you will be able to make the "best" choice for you.

Jen - Beautiful dress. You will look really great in it.

:wave: to everyone else.

Have a great day!

Trish

da fat n da furious
08-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Jane,,,I love those two colors,,,and if you saw my clothes you would know it. Today even Im wearing brown with blue...
I think Neal did a great job.

Trish,,,well hopefully soon you will find out why you are so tired,,,is it normal for detoxing to mke you feel tired? Body working hard to cleanse itself I guess.

Jaime,,I live in a city that is very expensive and I know when we first move it was hard to adjust. I hated seeing the bills,,,which were a good 30% more. Now years later its the norm...can't wait to move back and be living in a less expensive area.

Jen,,,I think that is a pretty dress.

Im having to wait to find out if someone is replacing me till Friday.
not sure how Im going to get trained to do the other job,,,right now I unsure if I want to stay here. Had a dock worker (bully) come by and harrass me,,, ever had a grown man mimic you? Yesterday he stood there,,,mimicing me as I was on the phone...if I ignore him he usually starts pushing things off my desk....or throwing things at me. I usually ignore his behavior. But yesterday I had enough I flipped told him to get our of my office, he wanted me to do his time card and I refused, infacted threw it back at him. I did tell me boss,,,told him the bullying needs to stop. I asked that he not be allowed in my area. Im so stressed right now...waiting for him to corner me. I work away from most people, and so easy for him to get me alone.

Even after the day I had I still ate clean,,,the water was bad. Im down to no one around to cover me for bathroom breaks so Im limiting my fluids.

Jane
08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Hello ladies,

Thank you for the nice comments about my living room. :)

Jaime - step away from the ice cream!! About your dilemma, if you aren't 100% certain that the move is right, I'm thinking you shouldn't do it. That's such a big step and an expensive one, too. If you stay where you are for now, you can always go at a later time if you change your mind.

Patty - well, yay for finally having a meeting date. And not a moment too soon, right? With your determination being where it is, I think you'll meet goal just fine.

Jen - love the dress! OIC about the dance being a 3 day thing.

Trish - do you think the heat and humidity have anything to do with you feeling so tired? I get rather lethargic when it's too hot, even though I'm indoors most of the time. Right now, we are having some beautiful weather, and it make me feel more energized. Good luck tomorrow at the doctor's.

Angie - yikes, I hope the bully leaves you alone. Maybe you should keep some pepper spray in your desk, just in case. Hopefully, you'll get someone to replace you soon. YAY for you, eating clean through all that! I think it's just awful that you can't even get a potty break. That sounds illegal or something.

After a lengthy phone conversation yesterday, DD Katie and I have committed to do WW together. I am considering today as my Start Date, and am redoing all my paperwork to reflect that. I like the idea of a clean slate. Katie needs to lose about 15 pounds, and will be checking in with me every evening. I feel good about this, and so does she. Although this is Thursday already, I'm going to weigh in on Sundays. I've got my plan in place. :yes:

I'm taking off in the morning to Indianapolis to meet up with friends. I'll be taking the laptop with me, so I'll check in when I can.

Have a good day. :hug:

exquisitern
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Good morning Ladies:
My name is Donna and I'm returning after being absent for about a year from the website. About 2 years ago, I was on here and doing WW and lost 45 lbs., well, of course I reverted to my old ways and have gained it all back. I finally got tired of having to buy bigger clothes to wear and not being able to wear all of my old clothes. I love WW and it works for me, right now I started back on the plan and I am just doing it from home and not going to meetings, so I have come here for support, which I always get from this site. I have started walking 35 minutes each day.
Anyway, a little about me. I'm a 51 year old single mom of a 10 year old and I want to be healthy to be with her for many years to come. I work as a nurse for the State of TN with developmentally delayed adults that live in the community and have done this for a long time.
Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone on here.

da fat n da furious
08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Hello Donna,,,welcome to our group.

Jane,,,what a great way to keep focused. For both you and Katie.

So moments ago I had the dock worker come by and apologize. He was told his job is on the line since I am not the first to complain of his behavior.

pattygirl63
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM

I'm trying to get better about getting by here at least once a day. I think it will help me feel better about things. I'm staying OP, but not exercising like I should. I've decided that one reason I feel so bad lately is because we are staying home too much. Tony and I need to plan a trip even if it is just some where close by. I told him today that there are "lots" of museums and history places to see in this area that we should start going to.

Donna - :welcome3: to our group. We look forward to getting to know you. Boy do I understand about losing and then gaining it back. I did that not on WW but I lost down to 176 lbs about 5 yrs ago and gained back up to 226 lbs. I finally got down to around 216 to 217 lbs where I seem to be hung up at struggling to go down further. Any way this is a great group for support. Good luck on your journey back down to goal.

Angie - I am so glad things worked out for you with the dock worker. So glad you had a boss who understood. Hope you get your helper soon. Yes you are right about how detoxing makes you tired, but the nice thing is how good you feel when your system is clean. I hope that is all that is going on.

Jane - I would think it was the weather and could be some of it. I love to sit on the back porch and eat breakfast and drink my coffe or green tea during my devotional time and I wasn't able to do that for several days because the heat. However yesterday and today has been sooo nice that I was able to go out there again. Maybe it is a combo of things. For one thing I am bored with food which should be a good thing, but I'm not sure it is for me. Maybe I should start over with you and your DD. I always like making Sunday a start day. Did you get your WWM? Got mine yesterday. I read in there that we should plan to go out to eat 1 day a week and go where we really want to go eat. Seems people who do that lose better. When I lived with my aunt back when I was in my twenties, we did that. Didn't do WW back then. Don't know if they had it or maybe I just didn't know about them. Any way, I dieted (didn't call it that either) all week, but she and I went out to eat for 1 meal a week and I lost weight like crazy. Walked almost everywhere too which probably helped a lot.

Jaime - I agree with Jane. Perhaps you should wait to make your move. However, you said you love where you live. My family would love for DH and me to move back to TX. His daughter would love to have us back in FL and I do miss my family and his DD and her family, however, I realized a few days ago that I really love living here in SC. I think it is the most beautiful place I've ever lived and the climate is perfect for me. So what I'm saying is think about what "you and your DH" really want and make your decision accordingly. I don't like big cities... been there done that although there are nice things about them too. We live close enough to Charlotte to get the benefits of a large city without living there. Hope this helps. :hug:

SPatty - Sorry I think I forgot to mention you yesterday. I'm so glad you are going to get your WW meetings at work. That must be a new thing jobs are doing with WW as I read about it in my new WWM yesterday. You will do good.

Marti - Don't know if you have time to check in to just read or not, but just in case... you are missed. We will be glad when you can get back to us.

Ruth - Where are you?

Pat and anyone else I missed - Hope you are doing well.

Have a nice evening and I will check in with y'all tomorrow when I get back from Chiro center.

Trish

da fat n da furious
08-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Trish,,,I have never detoxified,,,so didn't know it would make you tired. I keep seeing ads about cleaning the colon and was wondering about it but again my job would make it hard for me to do that! arghhh can you just imagine having to use the bathroom in my situation? yikes.

So today Im going to the chiropractor and then a massage,,,cause lately Ive had alot of pain in my lower back,,,tension who knows,,,,but Im looking forward to getting worked over.
Did I mention that my friend Darlene had an interview with my boss for my job? I met her in 85. and when I left that school in 86 i didn't see her again till 6 months ago! Funniest thing running into her. Flash back lets just say.
Anyways she lives soooo close to this place and made mention that if a positioned opened up to let her know. So emailed her right away. Poor thing was in a horrible near death car accident 5 weeks ago. She flipped her H3 (thinking its a small hummer) 6 times and landed in a ravine 40 feet below!
Well she was offered the job but because of her dislocated ribs her Dr. advised her to wait for another 3 weeks. So waiting for my manager to come back from holidays to see what he can do,,,perhaps get a temp to do my job. Let me do my new job training and then I can retrain Darlene...would really like to have her work here.

I seriously should look into mental help. I didn't eat lunch,,,snacked on crackers and nibs,,,BUT drank water. Sure every 40 min Im doing *the* dance. Im even amazed by my actions...duh

exquisitern
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for everyone's support. It's what I need.
I've been working really hard this week to get at least 30 minutes of walking in starting off and staying on target.
I was so proud of myself today. One of the secretaries had a birthday and they brought a cake, chocolate with a creamy chocolate filling and I was able to not go get any. I had to pat myself on the back. LOL
I weigh in on Monday and I always love that first weigh-in when you lose all of that water weight! Everyone have a good weekend. My computer at home sucks, so I don't get on during the weekend.
Donna

Jane
08-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm sitting in a hotel in Indianapolis, ready to head out shopping. Just wanted to peek in, and also say :welcome2: to our newest member, Donna.

I'll be back when I can. :hug:

da fat n da furious
08-15-2008, 06:17 PM
hey all,,,

Donna,,,good for you...I love when I have the power to say no too.

11 more days till Im on holidays...yay! Im excited.

I went for my chiropractor app. and massage....loved the adjustment...he did a light massage,,,used some weird vibrating roller thing. Then was tortured during the massage,,,I hurt so bad right now,,,touching my own skin hurts. Never had that happen before but Ive asked around and everyone said i had a good massage,,,lots of knots...and they usually hurt when getting then out. hmmm ok.

Going to the car races tonight,,,scream my head off cheering for a co worker.

What are your plans?

pattygirl63
08-15-2008, 11:37 PM

Angie - I hope your friend is able to get the job. Sounds like a good Chiro treatment and message. I hope I get to start my treatments soon.

Donna - :bravo: You deserve a pat on the back for passing up the cake. Those moments of control are what helps to gain the confidence we need to know that we can and will successfully make our goal.

Jane - Hope you had fun shopping.

Well, I had my Chiropractic consultation. I had good news and bad. My joints are really good and the numbness in my fingertips and feet are fixable because they arae caused by some vertabrae/discs. I do have some deteriating bones in my neck, but he said sometimes they can treat it and even stop it. So I am praying that the treatments will help stop it. He is such a sweet funny man. He said, "Now you have 64000 miles on those bones so they are never going to be 16 again, but I can make you feel better." Awe, darn. :dizzy: They took 4 xrays and I will know more maybe next week. I've decided to drop my insurance I took out and go with just Medicare as it is cheaper and I don't think the insurance is as good as I thought. I can look for better in the meantime. He is going to help me find a doctor that works will work with him and some natural/alternative as well. I'm not one to take a lot of drugs if I don't have to. So overall I feel I got good news at this point. It was interesting while he was examining me. Tony worked in medical for almost 20 yrs so here I am laying with my face down on the table and the doc would say, "Tony, you see that?" and then they would discuss the situation like I wasn't even there. But it is nice that Tony is able to know, understand and remember everything for me. I'm glad he was there. They did much the same with me when they examined Tony.

Well, ladies I'm tired tonight. Didn't sleep much last night and got up too early for when I finally did sleep. I'll try to catch y'all tomorrow. If I don't,
everbody have a great week end.

:hug: to all,
Trish

Jane
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello ladies,

Donna - what a great NSV (non-scale victory), passing up the cake. :cp: You'll be glad tomorrow at weigh in that you did!

Angie - what are nibs? I hope your boss will wait, and that your friend Darlene gets the job. How'd the car races go? Did your coworker do ok?

Trish - my WW magazine was here when I got back from Indy, but I haven't looked at it yet. I just love that magazine, though. Even the ads, because I like knowing what new products are out there. I usually have something a
little less points-friendly one day a week, too, on Sundays. Not a whole day, just Sunday dinner. Gives me something to look forward to, lol, w/o messing up my program. When do you find out more about your xrays?

Marti - I'll be glad when you have time to post again.

A big hello to the other HFFs, and anyone reading this.

Well, I'm back from Indy, and had such a good time with my friends. We vowed to not wait so long before we get together again. I stayed OP, too! They chose Cheeseburger in Paradise to eat, and you'd be proud of me, they ordered an onion ring appetizer at dinner, though I love onion rings, I didn't have even ONE of them! I sipped a pina colada while I waited for my entree of grilled tilapia, rice, and broccoli. I can't find the points value, but it was the healthiest thing on the menu. I had planned a major portion of my points for that meal, so I think I'm good to go.

Since I wasn't home to weigh in this morning, I'll do that tomorrow, even though it's only been a few days.

Has everyone had a good weekend?

Jane
08-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Just a quick one to say I lost 4 pounds so far. Even though it's mostly water weight, I'll take it, anyway. :D I sure am glad I stayed OP while I was in Indianapolis.

BBL,

da fat n da furious
08-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Good morning all,
Jane,,,yay for th 4 lbs!

The car race was fun,,,its a strange crowd and just fun to watch.
Not sure about Darlene, she was in a horrible accident 5 weeks ago and is lucky to be alive,,,she has 3 dislocated ribs and a couple of her fingers on her left hand are hurt (bruised) . And for her to sit for long periods of time would be hard,,,for right now. She was so upset her Dr. told her to wait another month before going back to work,,,her accident happened 6 weeks ago. Flipped her vehicle 6 times down a ravine 40 feet below.
Im at work, right now and was just informed another dock worker died,,,he had been ill for a few days...and passed on this Saturday.

well I should go,,,need to contact the family,,,

exquisitern
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Good Morning all!
Just a quick note to say that I weighed in this morning and had lost 4 1/2 lbs. Woo-hoo!!!!
I know a lot is water weight for the first week, but that's ok.
Thanks everyone for the great support!
I'll write more later, I'm just getting into work and gotta get busy!

Dixiemae
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
HI everyone~I took the week off from exercise because of some numbness in my hand and fingers plus I had a very sore shoulder, general aches and pains. I thought if I eat op I would be okay for just one week. I did my weigh in this morning. I have gained 3 pounds :tantrum: :mad:. Which goes to show me that eating alone will not work for weight loss for me. I need the exercise too. So I am back on the wagon this week. I think I got too gung ho with the exercise and way over did it. Another lesson learned, moderation is the key. Catch ya all later. Pat

pattygirl63
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Angie - Sorry to hear about your friend's accident and about the passing of the doc worker. Hope everything else is going good for you.

Donna - Congratulations :cheer2::carrot: on the 4 and 1/2 lb loss.

Jane - Congratulations on the 4 lb loss :broc::cheer2: and good for you for staying OP while in Indianapolis. I'm not sure when I'll get the results of the xrays. It may be Sept 1 when my insurance go into affect.

Pat - Sorry about the gain, but it won't take you long to get it back off. Hope all your pain from the vigorous exercises and hope you get to feeling better soon.

I learned in the class I had to go to with DH that the soreness in my joints can be caused from my feet (I plan to get the sole inserts for my shoes to correct that) and or maybe because of my lower back pain. Since the doc said my joints are really good then I should be able to exercise and I believe they will get better eventually. So I started my 30 min dvd of Sweatin' to the Oldies exercise this morning. It went very well. I couldn't believe that the time went so well and with my peace of mine the pain wasn't even as bad as it was last time. I am back OP with exercise. I hope to do it 5 or 6 days a week. The amazing thing is that the last time I tried to get on the floor and bend my legs that I couldn't do it, but it so was easy today and no pain. Some how when the doc bent my legs in the exam, he must have done something that loosened that muscle because I can do the things I couldn't do before and do it without pain. Since I can do that, I can now do my Richard Simmon's 15 min Stretchin' to the Classics too which means I can do 45 min of exercise each day again. I am really thrilled with that, because I haven't been able to do that in years.

Well, I guess I will close for now and hope Everybody has a great evening.

:hug:, Trish

jenosaurus
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey all,
Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been mental busy with work and the sexy firefighter.. very sexy may I add lol :)
Lets not mention the dinner dance, because whether we are going or not is undecided, they have changed there mind 5 times today so far and have a feeling it will continue yo yo ing for awhile.
Haven't really gotten started on the whole exercise thing yet, just havent had the time, but I lost another 2 pound last week, So I need another 5 pound in 5 weeks to reach my goal for this dinner dance, even if it doesn't happen. I'll be off work that weekend, so I'll do something nice regardles
Angie Im sorry to hear about the dock worker and your friend, hope everything else is going ok for you , :hug:
Jane Well done on staying OP in Indy, obviously it paid off with 4lb loss.:D
Donna Well done on the weight loss too :)
PatHope the pain isnt too bad, and that 3lb wont stay with you for long
Trish Glad to see your feeling better, I should be doing 45 mins of exercise too a day, I wish I had your determination! You go girl!!
Right thats me off for now,
Hope to talk to you all soon
Good Luck
JeN

Dixiemae
08-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone~Thank you all for your support. I did 50 minutes of stepping. I did brisk walking when commercials came on. No jogging for me yet! I had to re-do my exercise workouts. I am going to use the big ball with resistance band. and do a mini ball pilates dvd for awhile, kinda like rehab. Then work my way up from there. I way over did it! Lesson learned. Catch ya all later. Pat

da fat n da furious
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
good morning all,,,

Trish,,,I have spent a small fortune on inserts for Brandon (my oldest son)
I had problems with my feet a few years ago,,,where they felt super hot on the top of them...?? weird. Anyways my Dr. told me to get a towel and roll it up and place in the small of my back when driving or sitting for long periods of time. The hottness went away. And I know people with sore backs could have that go away with proper footwear,,/inserts.
Jen,,,hubba hubba and your fireman...*grin

Well I ate clean all day yesterday,,,drank a couple of bottles of water,,,more then I normally do. So I can see I did well yesterday.
I did go for a long walk on Sunday with Skittles...that was nice.

I feel like Im just plodding along,,,not racing..just getting it done.
Im still waiting for my replacement,,,so I can then put my IPOD on and just work,,,not have anyone bother me.

well i should get back to work...

exquisitern
08-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Hope your day is going well!

JeN- Jealous of your sexy fireman! LOL Sound like a great incentive! Wish I had one!

Trish- 45 minutes, that's great. I've been walking for 30-35 minutes each morning. I walk fast for a block then I jog a block. I get to see all the school kids at their bus stops waiting. I can just imagine what they think as I jog by them.

Pat: 50 minutes of stepping sounds like a major workout to me! Man, Keep up the good work!

Jane: Congratulations on your 4 lbs loss!! A big woo-hoo!!! :cb:

Angie: I don't think it matters if we plod or speed up, as long as we don't give up.

Again, thanks for all the support. I had to buy a new refrigerator yesterday! I hated to spend the money, but I can't live without a refrigerator. I'm trying to get in 6-8 glasses of water a day. For about 2-4 of them, I drink sugar free koolaid. I upped my walking by adding another 2 blocks and will probably add another 4 blocks in the next two weeks. I want to get a total of 45 minutes of walking/jogging in each morning before I get ready for work.
Take care and talk to you later.

Donna

pattygirl63
08-19-2008, 01:22 PM

Thought I would check in earlier today. I did my 45 min of exercise yesterday and plan to get about 35 min today. I'll do 20 min WATP 1 mile this afternoon and then my 15 min Stretchin to the Classics. I've decided to kind of alternate it for busy days when I don't have time to do more. Also, I don't want to end up with problems like Pat has had. Finished my paperwork to turn in to Chiropractic center. One of the pages I did showed me as 98% possible hypoglycemic. That explains why I have a hard time losing weight. So I am back using the Core Plan sheets, but not total Core. I don't like using diet margarine etc so I am doing it with a Whole Foods twist Using the diet plan I got from the center. Actually turns out that my old OA diet was the "right" diet for me. I am using good fats which I've been doing any way and doing more low carb eating good carbs. Not giving up carbs, just being more careful to eat the more starchy carbs only once a day and allow for treats only 1 to 2 days a week. I am going to get on the WF group here on 3FC and learn more from them. Knowing what I have learned through just the paperwork, I know that to eat this way and then working my exercise up to 45 min plus any Chiropractic treatments should get me back to good health.

Angie - Glad you were able to have a good OP day with water drank. That should make you feel better. Hope you get the replacement soon. I know it seems to be going slow. Sorry your friend couldn't do it. I am definitely going to check out the ensoles.

Donna & Pat - You are doing great with your exercise. Maybe we can be encouragment to each other.

Jen - WooHoo Your fireman sounds gorgeous. I'm so glad you have found him.

Well got to run fix dinner. DH has a chiro appt this afternoon. I'll catch y'all again tomorrow.

Everybody have a great day!

Trish

Slimmin Patty
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon all,

Congrats to all the loosers :)

I went to the initial WW meeting yesterday and we had 12 people, but need 15. We'll find out next Monday if we have enough people. I'm really concerned that I'll be able to keep up my dedication because this has drug out for so long.

I think that one of the people heading this up can be a royal B*** is one reason that this is having a hard time getting off the ground. She has quite a reputation :devil:

I have been exercising more... I did South Beach supercharged on Saturday and yesterday did Biggest Looser. Tonight I'm going to try to do 4 Big Miles by Leslie.

suitejudyblueeyes
08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Trish - Sounds like you have a great plan! Whole foods eating is a good way to go.

Patty - Man, they just keep you hanging at work. I hope they find those three more people!!

Donna - WTG with all that walking in the morning! That is something I have never been able to make myself do and am consequently in awe :)

Angelia - You know that old adage - slow and steady wins the race! :) Glad to hear you've been OP.

Pat - What do you do with the little exercise ball? I've never seen anyone use one.

Jen - Did you choose what dress you are going to get yet? Glad to hear your firefighter situation is going well ;)

We are getting geared up for the move this weekend. Found some strong guys to help us out - I know moving would be great exercise but in the interest of maintaining a healthy marriage I would rather NOT move all that furniture with my DH! :lol: Tomorrow we have a meeting with a boardgames group, which should be fun. We just found them through meetup.com and haven't actually met anybody yet. I figured it was time to get out there and do something social, we spend so much time at home, and we love playing boardgames so hopefully it's fun! I'll have to figure out what to do for dinner though because there is not enough time between work and the meeting to go home. Hmmm.

:) Hope everyone is well! :wave:

Jane
08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello ladies,

Wow, it's jumpin' in here!

Angie - did the dock worker die on the job? Why did you have to tell the family? Seems like a medical or police person would do that. I just updated my iPod. Seems I go in spurts using it. Yep, it sounds like Darlene should just rest a bit longer.

Donna - YAY for the 4 1/2 pounds. :cp: I don't like spending money on appliances, either. But it is nice to have new stuff, haha.

Pat - the 3 pounds will be back off before you know it. I'm glad you decided to slow down the exercise some, so you don't hurt yourself again.

Trish - you know, when my foot was bothering me, the opposite knee started feeling all wonky from holding it wrong. Our bodies are funny machines, aren't they? Good for you - getting more exercise in.

Jen - since you are from the Ireland, can you tell me what in the world is a pulse? I've been reading a GL (glycemic load) book, written by a Brit. He talks about pulses in the same sentence with beans, so I wondered if they are lentils? Help a Yank out, will ya? Whatever they are, he says I need to be eating more of them, haha.

Patty - thanks for the congrats. Well, darn, I was hoping you'd have enough show up for a good sized crowd at the WW meeting. Sorry the one gal is a bee-otch! Good for you, exercising more.

Jaime - oh, I didn't know you decided to move after all! Did you find a nice apartment over the weekend? I just love board games, but Neal doesn't. Phooey! You could use your crock pot on nights that you're super busy. I just love mine. Not cuz I'm so busy, but because I don't like to cook that much anymore.

I've been reading a book "The GL Diet for Dummies" by Nigel Denby & Sue Biac about the glycemic load, as compared to the glycemic index. Since I have trouble with simple carbs, this seems like a good method to use along with WW, for me. For example, I had no idea a big potato has more GL than new potatoes. And he debunks the myth that a reasonable portion of carrots have too much sugar. I never did give up carrots, though, because with good ol' WW, we can have anything! Besides, I didn't get fat eating carrots. :dizzy: Lots more good info in the book.

I'm doing great OP, and so is Katie. She's coming over to get weighed when she gets off work.

Toodles for now,

suitejudyblueeyes
08-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Jane - Yep, we actually found a place last Thursday, and they finally approved us just today. We had been waiting on tenterhooks for them to make a decision, since the turnaround was so fast (sign lease one week, move the next). They had to check credit and references and all that baloney :p It's going to be great, I think - there is even a seasonal pool and a small, new-looking fitness center! :D Oh, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but we are staying in Charlottesville after all, and not making the big move to DC. Turns out we are both happier with this decision for now.

The GL book sounds helpful, esp if you know you have simple carb issues. A lot of people do, it seems, especially people with hormonal imbalances on the side of too much estrogen. I keep hearing about this recently. Good luck with it, it sounds like it will fit right in with WW! :D

Spent the evening packing, now all the shelves in the living room are bare and our hallway is no longer big enough to pass someone in, because we stacked it up with boxes! I am off to make some progress on the baby blanket I am knitting, pet some kitties, and read a bit before bed. Have a good evening everyone!

As for you newbies who I saw in the other thread... Jump on in here! :wave: :D

Jane
08-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Jaime - yay, I'm glad you're not moving to DC, as I thought you were. Moving into a new place is a lot of work, but lots of fun, too, I think. I'm always wanting to redo my house. Neal asks why I buy 15 year paint when I change it every 2 years, lol. Yes, the GL way does fit right in with WW, and I think it's helping me already. I feel better, and not as hungry.

Everyone else - :wave: Have a good day!

pattygirl63
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Hello Ladies,

A fairly quick one today as we are going to Bible Study in a little while. Didn't exercise today. My exercise plan was changed by DH yesterday. On the way home form chiro center, he said "We've got to go home and trim that tree and the bushes and I need your to help me. You can take the stuff that falls and put it in bags". It turned out to be 1 hour working in the yard... lots of bending, walking etc. My back was really hurting when I finished and a bit sore to day so I decided to take it easy today. I may still do my 15 min Stretchin to the Classics tonight. I did sleep good though.

Jaime - I hate moving, but enjoy new homes. I am glad you decided to do what was best for the two of you for now. I know you have mentioned how much you love Charlottesville. Sounds like a nice place to get in some good exercise as well. Good luck moving and I hope you'll be happy in your new home.

Jane - I decided to order the book you mentioned and another one as well called the Holford Low GL Diet. I had been thinking about a book on Insulin Resistance, but couldn't decide whether to order it or not. Just didn't seem right. After reading what you wrote about GL, I decided to check it out and decided it would be better so I ordered them both. Decided since my BD is coming up that I would make it a BD present to myself. I read a recommendation on Amazon.com by someone giving it a 5 star rating. She lost 35 lbs in 3 months doing it. I liked the idea that you said it will work with WW.

I talked to my Daddy this morning. One of my friends that served at Tony's and my wedding had her grandson's funeral yesterday. My sister had told me that he had committed suicide and had done drugs. I assumed he had ODed. I asked Daddy if they were sure it was suicide. Daddy said he hung himself. I have been soooo upset this afternoon. His Mother is the sweetest most joyful, loving and giving person I have ever known. My friend is a lot like her. I have no idea how they are going to deal with this. Just can't get them off my mind. This is even worse than when my friend's daughter's son was in a motorcycle accident and they had to let them pull the plug for him to die on Mother's Day a year ago. So devistating. Suicide is so hard for me to comprehend any way. I can't begin to fathom the depth of despair someone must experience feel they must do that. Sorry, don't mean to sound so morbid. Maybe it is because, I am about to turn 65. My Mama was 65 when she died and knew nothing of that year as we watched her slipping away from us. I feel life is such a wonderful blessing and consider myself so blessed to be not only turning 65 but basically healthy as well.

Well, I will close for now. Next 2 days busy with DH having doctor's appt tomorrow and a consultation with chiropractic doc Friday. So I'll get back to y'all when I can.

Everybody I missed :wave: Everybody have a good evening.

Trish

Dixiemae
08-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Jaime~With a small 9 inch ball you can do a whole pilates workout, you can work your abs, back and legs. It is a very versatile ball. I have one workout that uses the big ball and the mini ball. It works the deeper muscles. Using a ball makes it very hard to cheat on your form. Try wall squats with the big ball. Ugh You can feel it.

Jane~Thank You! I think I forgot I am not 20 something any more. I have backed off. I do want to start the push ups again. In one of my ball exercise books they show you how to do wall push ups with the big ball. Jaime that might be my next challenge LOL. Jane I read in an earlier post you were in Indy! I will be in Indy next Tuesday for a hearing test..I want so badly go be 170 something. I am so tired of being so big.

Trish~I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss. It is hard to understand how some one can take their own life. You and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

Everyone I missed Hi and all have a good evening. Catch ya all later. Pat

jenosaurus
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
hi all, just a very quick hello, am rushing to go out to the fire fighters apt.. for the first time :) his name is dave by the way lol
And my weigh in is tomorro and seen as it is TOM im not very optimistic jus lookin to really stay the same.
Jaime glad your happy with the move, and as of the dress im going to wait and see if we are definately going first.
Jane basically pulses is the collective name for beans peas and lentils. as far as i know.
is the book any help your using??
And to everyone else who is doing brilliantly on the exercise front keep it up, i admire your determination...
i know i forgot more than half of you but i have to find somethin to wear
take care
jen xx

Jane
08-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi ladies,

Trish - the book is very interesting. I got the basics from it, which is all I need, with WW. It's funny, though, that he uses British terms. Other than the pulses, he also talks about puddings, which I thought it was weird for him to devote a whole chapter to pudding, but he really means all desserts, lol. I'm so sorry about your friends' grandson. My cousin Beth's 17 y/o son shot himself a couple of years ago, and they never did even find out why. He seemed happy, and was so popular. Other say it was over a girl. Beth is still struggling, and attend a support group. Seems like you got a good workout yesterday! Try to not be too busy to peek in, ok?

Pat - I love Indy, and would move to the outskirts if Neal would. Well, and if my kids were there, too, lol. Good luck with your hearing test.

Jen - I have never met a Dave that wasn't a nice guy, so this is a good sign for your fireman. Thanks for the "English" lesson, lol. I deciphered "puddings" all by myself, lol.

Hi to the others. :wave: Anyone that's thinking about joining us, , please pop in and say hello. :yes:

Ah, I was trying to put some eye drops in Molly's eye (she has pink eye) and she doesn't like that, so she attacked poor little Lily! Lily took off, ran out the doggie door, and went home to Mary's. I called Mary, and she's looking over Lily for wounds. Bad Molly is in timeout!

I'm OP, and just about to have some cantaloupe. Exercise is so-so. :o

Toodles!

exquisitern
08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Everyone
I got busy with work yesterday and didn't have time to come on line.
I didn't walk yesterday as it was raining most of the day, but I got back up this morning and did my walk. I think it's about 2 miles, anyway when I started 2 weeks ago, I was just walking and it took me 45 minutes to walk. I added about 2 blocks this past Sunday and I walk and slow jog and I noticed this morning it only took me 30 minutes. I've been a little off points in the evening, but not too bad. I'm going to try and do better the rest of the week til Monday weigh in. I've bought some fruit to eat in the evening to help with the munchies.

Jen: Hope your weigh-in went well!

Trish: I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I work in the mental health field and know how hard it is for families. Many times, especially with adolescents, they are having emotional problems, but don't know how to express themselves or ask for help. I hope your friend does find and attend a support group. It helps for them to be able to talk about what happened.
Also Trish, just because your mom passed at 65 doesn't mean you will. I know it's hard not to think about it. My mom passed when she was 57 and I worry about it from time to time, especially since I have a 10 year old daughter and she would only be 16 if I passed at that age. I know that I am trying to be more health conscious than my mother and exercise. So, I believe that I will pass that age.

Pat: Good luck on your hearing test. Great work with the balls, I think I would just roll off of them! I'm not the most coordinated.

Everyone have a great day.

Donna

jenosaurus
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Turns out this dave wanted one thing and one thing only, that i wasnt prepared to give him!!!
Oh well back to the days of flirting with all the lads that come into the movies so lol.
Im absolutely delighted with myself lost another 2 pound this week.
Thats 11 now :) Ive never been this good before!!
But now i have to go out an celebrate, my friend had an interview yesterday for duty manager of a 5 star hotel, but he didnt get the duty manager,.. he ended up getting department head instead!! Im so proud of him
So I have to celebrate, while TRYING to stay OP
wish me luck
Talk to ya`ll soon
Jen

pattygirl63
08-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Well, I have a few minutes and thought I would drop in and say hello. Thanks for the sweet words from your gals about my friend.

Jane - I have a cousin who committed suicide a few years after her son had committed suicide and that touched me, but for some reason the death of these friends son/grandson just really hit me hard. Strange what gets to us and when. Maybe being older and believing that life is so precious is why. About the books I ordered, I forgot to tell you that the woman who wrote a recommendation on Amazon.com about it said that she had dieted for so long and couldn't be successful and given up on ever losing weight when she found out about this book. She not only lost the 35 lbs in three months, but she said when she has company and cooks for them that they apologize to her for coming over and causing her to get off her diet. Then they are surprised when she tells them that everything she fixed for the meal was her diet. Sounds like it will be a really good asset to our WW plan. BTW Thanks for the card. We celebrated my BD today by going out to eat at Sonny's Barbecue. I splurged and had my favorite baby back ribs and veggies. I'm back OP now. We just won't have time to celebrate tomorrow and I don't want to go anywhere Saturday. I only like to go out to eat once a week.

Donna - When I turned 33, I spent the day thinking about my Daddy's Mother who died at the age of 33 and my Daddy was 6 weeks old. I didn't expect to die at that age, but it really touched me. When my Mama passed away at 65, my babysister and I changed our way of eating. We decided then and there that if we could eat right and avoid cancer that we were going to do it. I feel the same way you do. Even though I am overweight when turning 65, I am still much healthier than my Mama was. She never ate healthy. I still spend time reading and learning about healthy living. I hope to live a long and healthy life. I figure I have a good chance as my Daddy is 85 and still going strong. Most of my Daddy's people lived into their 70's and 80's and my Mama's Mother lived to be 80. So if I eat right, exercise and take good care of myself then I have a good chance of living longer. Told DH last night, I don't even feel grown have the time much less 65.

Jen - Sorry about the way the fireman turned out. I met a guy one time after my 1st hubby died. I was 22 and he was sooo nice and I had a lot of fun with him and then one night he turned out to be just like the fire fighter guy. I never saw him again. There is someone "special" out there for you. I figured those jerks we meet along the way to "Mr. Right" just makes us appreciate him when he shows up. Congratulations on the:cp: 11 lb loss. Your doing good girl and have fun celebrating OP with your friend. Just remember that if you do eat off that one meal won't ruin your progress as you make it a planned off meal and get right back OP at your next meal or snack. They had an article about that in WWM this month. In fact some people who eat one meal a week off seem to be very successful at losing weight and staying OP.

Sorry this is so long.

Everybody else :wave: All y'all have a good evening.

Trish

Jane
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm back for a minute,

Donna - wow, you're making good progress on the walks. I like fruit in the evening, too, sometimes. Lots of times I save points for cereal and milk. The variety of WW is awesome, isn't it.

Jen - well, shoot! There goes my theory about "Daves", lol. Let him put out his OWN fire, right? tee hee. A big WhooHoo for you, losing a total of 11 pounds. I'm proud of you, chickie.

Trish - :bday2you: And many mooooore! I'm glad your celebration was fun. Mmmm, bbq ribs sounds great. That's what I'm serving my company on Saturday, but I bet they aren't as good as Sonny's. Yw for the card. :hug: Hey, thanks a bunch for sharing the reader comments about that book. Sounds encouraging, doesn't it? I know I won't follow it exactly as written, but will use the guidelines to help. Anytime we can get new info that is healthy for us and practical, too, I'm for that.

Marti PMed me and said she's been busy, and may not be able to post for awhile. So we'll wish her well, and will miss her until she gets back, right? Slow down when you can, Marti!

I'm still OP, but don't think I had enough water today. Neal and I wallpapered one of the walls in the dining room, and somehow time just got away from me w/o thinking about water.

Gotta go. Have a good one!

Slimmin Patty
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Good morning,

The scale was not kind to me at all... up 1.2 lbs. I'm not surprised because I have been cheating a lot and haven't exercised since Monday.

I did get some good news yesterday. They did get enough people for WW at work so it starts on Monday. I really do think that the B*** who got involved at the last minute chased people away. I'll have to get myself prepared this weekend so I'll be as ready as I can on Monday. After my gain I am definately motivated.

Several of you have mentioned GL. South Beach is also based on GL so it must be the new trend in loosing weight. Which good books have you ladies been reading that would compliment WW? :^:

My new WI day will be Monday and that is really my preference. I seem to do better on Monday's. It is easier to let things slide over the weekend because I know that I have all week before my WI.

Have a great weekend!! :dust:

Jane
08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Happy Saturday, ladies,

Patty - any of the GL books would work with WW. The one I found is "The GL Diet for Dummies" and is basically a theory of eating no refined sugars and flour, etc. and eating the foods that we know are healthy for us such as whole grains, fruits and veggies, etc. We already knew that, but the book explains why this is important in relation to the way our bodies processes junk food as compared to complex carbs, etc. No sugar highs followed by feeling lethargic. Well, I'm glad to see that you'll be able to do WW at work.

Trish - I hope you had a great day yesterday for your birthday, even if you did celebrate it on Thursday. :hug:

I'm down 1 1/2 more today. We're having my nephew and his family in for dinner tonight, and that will be a challenge, but I think I can handle it. For one thing, I'll be sending any dangerous leftovers home with him, or with Mary and her family. If it isn't in the house, I can't eat it, right?

Have a good one,

jenosaurus
08-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok I jus noticd today I stil had a picture o me on my computer of when I started weight watchers,
I know Ive only 11 pounds off so far, but tel me that there is a **** of a difference between those two pictures???
Im totally amazed I cannot believe it :)

Gotta go to work talk to you all soon
Jen x

pattygirl63
08-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Good Saturday Evening Ladies,

Jane - Yes, I had a very good quiet birthday once we got home. I agree with you about not being able to eat food that isn't in the house. I always send food home with family when I have company here to eat.

Patty - I'm so glad your WW meetings at work are going to be available. I bought the book Jane got and then I also ordered The Holford Low GL Diet. There are many out there, but I think I'll get all I need from these two. I'm reading the GL Diet for Dummies right now and it is very much WW friendly. It also reminds me of a lot of what I read on the Whole Foods group here on 3fc. It just better explains how and why eating fruits, veggies and complex carbs works better than eating simple carbs and even diet foods. Like WW you can eat any food you want, but eating more of the good stuff 80% to 20% of the time helps you to lose weight and be healthier. I haven't gotten into the other book as of yet.

Jen - Thanks for sharing the pics. You are a very cute young lady.

I hope everybody is having a nice week end.

Hugs,
Trish

pattygirl63
08-23-2008, 06:21 PM
:bravo:Jane on the 1 1/2 lbs gone. You go girl.

:hug:Trish

Jane
08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Good Monday morning,

Jen - yep, it does look like you've lost more than 11 pounds. As Trish said, you're a cutie.

Trish - thanks. This weekend has been a real challenge, and today will be one, too. My son invited me to Pizza Hut for lunch. My plan is in place, and I'm going to have a salad with 2 skinny pieces of veggie pizza.

Hello to everyone else.

I'm on the screened-in patio with the laptop. It's a gorgeous morning, a little overcast, but nice anyway.

As I mentioned, I'm eating at Pizza Hut today for lunch. Knowing that I'll come back and report to you gals will help keep my OP. :)

suitejudyblueeyes
08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Jane - Good luck with your lunch plans. I will await your report back. :)

Jen - You're right, there is a great difference between those two pics! That's awesome!

Patty - You'll have to tell us how your WW@work meetings are going.

Trish - Happy (late) birthday!!

:wave: to anyone I missed!

I just stood up to go get coffee and OW. Man, am I sore, all over. The move went off without a hitch, the guys we hired to help us move were so excellent, the cats aren't happy but they will survive. We had reserved a 10' u-haul to make the move but they didn't have any 10'ers left, so they gave me the 14' for the 10' price ($20) - turns out this was the best thing that coulda happened, we filled that 14' to the ceiling and still had to make 2 runs in my pickup after. I crashed around 8pm last night and didn't move a muscle until 7 this morning.

Obviously WW has been out the window amidst all this moving... I am not sure I'll manage to get totally back OP before the week's end. And then of course this weekend is my birthday... Somehow I don't see me making a lot of progress on the WL front this next couple weeks! :lol:

Hope everyone has a good day today.

pattygirl63
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Jaime - Isn't it neat how things seem to have a way of working out in your favor. It was good that you got the 14'er. Glad you got moved in and hopefully the soreness will be gone in a few days. I always feel like that way a few days after I make a move.

Jane - I hope things went well with Pizza lunch. We went to Red Lobster. It was a challenge. I hope I had enough GL foods to counteract the shrimp that I ate. The other GL bood I got says to have 1/2 your plate veggies, 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs. I decided that even if my carbs aren't great as today at Red Lobster that if I follow the rule with the rest of it maybe it will help. Hopefully your salad and the veggies on your pizza will do the same. It must have worked because that was about 4 hours ago and I'm not hungry at all.

We went to Costco and Tony found a sweetner named Zsweet that is 0 Glycemic and doesn't raise the blood sugar and is made from food. It was a 600 packet box for less than $5.00 so I am trying it. As long as it doesn't spike my blood sugar and make me hungry for sweets I will use it. I've been using Stevia because it does the same it doesn't raise blood sugar, but it is almost $11.00 for 100 packets at the Health Food Store. I am enjoying the GL way of eating. It is so nice not to be hungry. I planned to do it with Core principles (and did yesterday), because I didn't want to count anything, but decided this morning to do Flex Points because I think it will be much easier.

:wave: To everybody else.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Trish

da fat n da furious
08-25-2008, 09:28 PM
hey all,,,sorry haven't been around...so busy.
I leave tomorrow bright and early for New York,,,going shopping and seeing the sites. Will talk when i get back after labour day
hugs

Jane
08-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi,

Jaime - I didn't realize your birthday was coming up. Which day is it? Wow, you got a good deal on the u-haul. I'm happy for you that the worst is over. Or maybe the worst is putting everything away, haha. About staying OP, maybe if you just try to stay in maintenance mode for a week or two, that could be helpful.

Trish - I feel fuller longer, too, combining the GL with Flex. I haven't followed it perfectly by any means, but can still tell a difference. That same portion info is in the Dummies book, too, on page 173. Thanks for the reminder! Be sure and tell us how you like the Zsweet, and whether or not it raises your blood sugar level. Sure sounds like a good deal, cost wise.

I did fine at Pizza Hut. :carrot: I had the salad first, which was pretty good sized, and took my time eating it. Then I had my 2 little skinny slices of pizza, and was fine with that. I had to look back and see if I mentioned that I did eat too much over the weekend. Not extreme, or anything, but still. I'm trying to do this with the knowledge that this is for life, and I have to learn to deal with reality and persistance, not perfection.

TTFN,

Jane
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Angie - you will be missed! Have fun, and be careful. :hug:

pattygirl63
08-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Angie - Have fun on your trip to NY. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Jane - I looked up Jaime's BD and it is August 30th. I forgot to mention here to you and the group that I recently read that the greens in the salads we eat before meals helps our joints. I thought that was interesting to know.

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Hugs,
Trish

Sassy_Chick
08-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi All, Just wanted to pop in and say hi to Jane and all of those JL's.......Miss you gals! :)

Slimmin Patty
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Good morning,

I did pick up a GL book yesterday. I haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. I also bought the Last Lecture and will probably read it first. I'm a 2 1/2 year cancer survivor of breast cancer... it'll be 3 years next April 26.

The meeting yesterday was good. We won't have another until the Monday after Labor days so I'll have to be good these next 2 weeks. I am going with the core plan... I just don't like the fact that there are no portion sizes. I was thinking about using the portion sizes from flex, is that what is supposed to be done?

suitejudyblueeyes
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Trish - :lol: @ "made from food" - that's always good to see!! I have never heard of Zsweet, does it have any weird aftertaste or anything? I always found stevia to have a bitter aftertaste that didn't agree with me.

Angelia - Have a great trip!

Jane - Yep, my quarter-century birthday is on Saturday. I'm pretty excited, though we don't really have plans :) I wanted to hit the town but all my friends appear to be out of town for labor day... So I might settle for finding an easy hike with a nice picnic spot or something relaxing like that. Hurray for staying on track at pizza hut!!

Patty - from what I understand you aren't supposed to really mess with portion sizes a whole lot on Core - you are supposed to put a sensible amount of food on your plate and stop when you feel satisfied, not stuffed. So it's like you're training your internal portion control. I think about trying Core for a week here and there but never follow through.

My kitchen is put together! :carrot: After putting my underwear in a drawer so I could find it in the morning (:lol:) the kitchen was my #1 priority. Spent all last night making sure everything was in a good, accessible spot. We have significantly less cupboard space at the new place than in our last, so I had to get creative in a couple of spots, but it actually looks really great and organized right now. Only thing I need now is a spice rack so I don't have to leave my spices out on the counter all the time.

So now that the kitchen is organized - tonight will be my first night cooking in our new place. No more eating out for me! We've had a terrible run the past few days of eating out and the scale is not happy with me as a result. So no excuses now :) Back to the healthy eating!

:wave: Hope everyone has a great day.

Jane
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Whoa! See you at #4. :)