South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Saturday/Sunday Weekend on The Beach

Good morning Chickies!

It's drizzling lightly outside and I just heard the low rumble of thunder. It's just as well, since we'll be busy with some remodeling in the kitchen all day. It'll be a long, slow process as we're doing it as we can afford it, but I don't mind. The end result will be well worth it. First, though, we're off for breakfast with the gang at Cracker Barrel and a bit of grocery shopping.

How's everyone's weekend shaping up?
Old 08-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #2  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Cottage!

Hope you have fun with remodeling.

Nothing new here today. I'm cleaning and grocery shopping this morning, then working on my book.

Have a great day, all!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

Good morning Linda and Belle! Have fun remodeling Linda!

It's raining here too and my internet and phone lines are in and out again! I'm gonna complain!!!!! A few rain drops should not interfere with phone / dsl services, not for the price I pay!

Still sore from all the hiking/climbing! I was hoping to put a menu together and go shopping, but um... we'll see.

I'm back up there girls... 186, and I ate hardly nothing yesterday! WHY is it soooo easy to put 6 pounds on in just four days and ssooo hard to get it back off?????? . The climb in weight was with a LOT of exercise all week!

I'm getting discouraged with adding the carbs back, everytime I do i gain weight!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, did I make it in with only two posts today??!?

Cottage - Mmmmm...cracker barrel. BD (before diet) days, Country Fried Steak was the BEST!!! Actually, it doesn't even sound good right now...

Belle - I'll join you in the ranks of grocery shoppers today. Fun, fun, fun. NOT!

For me - actually, it's a great morning. There's a thunderstorm, and it just now started raining. It's quite calming.

My plan is to grocery shop, go to the farmer's market, and look at some furniture for my daughter. She needs a big girl bed!! We're also having a barbeque with the neighbors for dinner.....steaks, potato pockets (I LOVE sweet potato pockets!!), green bean salad, and watermelon for dessert. YUM!!

Have a relaxing weekend all!!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Have fun redesigning your kitchen! How exciting to have something set-up for you.

Belle - Have a good day

LoriAnn- I blame the humidity, I'm up today too. Maybe the scale gets bloated when it's humid?!

Twynn - Getting a big girl bed is a big deal

Sounds like everyone has about the same plan for the day - shopping and house stuff. I've got to get out and walk before your rain gets here, then it's chores and dehydrating all day. I made a yummy zucchini pancake this morning. Will post the very simple recipe above. I think it would be good with any quick cooking veggie.

we had a great time yesterday! I didn't get many pictures but Julie did. She has more bird than whale pics but much better than anything I got: http://juliesmagiclightshow.com/

Have a good day everyone
Old 08-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Cyndi! I've always wanted to go whale spotting! How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning everyone! Looks like this is going to be a nice, relaxing weekend. DH and I really need one!

Cottage: I'm so excited for you and your kitchen remodel! I hope you'll post some befores and afters when your done. Enjoy your drizzly Saturday.

Belle Mer: Hope you have a productive book day!

Loriann: Could it be that you're building a good amount of muscle? I doubt it would be 6 lbs of muscle in a few days, but 3 lbs of muscle and 3 lbs of water weight wouldn't be such a bad thing, would it? I hope it comes of quickly!

TwynnB: What are sweet potato pockets? Sounds like something DH and I would enjoy. Soothing rain on a Saturday is so nice, but can be a bad thing. It makes DH and I lazy! Enjoy shopping for a big girl bed!

Cyndi: Sounds like your whale watching adventure was a success. I'll have to head over to Julie's pictures when I'm done posting. I hope you have a productive day!

Me: Well, not much going on this morning. I just had a snack and will be working out in a minute. I think I'm up for 4-miles this morning, but I'll have to check the calendar to be sure. After that DH'll make breakfast while I shower and then I imagine we'll be off to run our morning errands. (It'll probably be noon by that point, but whatever. ;D) I need to get laundry and some more cleaning done and the electrician is due today to finish wiring up our new outdoor outlets. Tonight we're probably going to go our separate ways so I can finish a crochet project and watch a fun movie and so he can do some leather work and watch ESPN. Ah - it's so nice that we can do that without feeling ignored!

I hope everyone to come has a great day!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmm....sweet potato pockets!!

Peel a sweet potato. Use mandolin to slice thin (or slice yourself to your liking).

Rip off piece of aluminum foil. Place slices in 1/2 side of foil. Top with salt and pepper (or a bit of agave nectar; or a touch of *gasp* butter!!). Fold and seal foil.

Slap on grill. shake occasionally to "stir".

Take off and ENJOY!! Length of cooking depends on thinness of potatoes.

We used to do white potatoes with onions this way (my husband still does). I also make mushroom/onion pockets this way (or any other veggie...I'm sure broccoli and cauliflower would work well too). Another one: apples!! baked apples on the grill!!

Healthy, and doesn't heat up the kitchen.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:06 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Got the boys off to youthgroup softball game and have to get ready to go shopping with DH and DD2.

I have to say that I made the Kara's recipe for bean brownies last night and did not try them till this morning, they definitely taste like a brownie.

Well gotta run, Have a great day Ladies
Old 08-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #10  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Ladies!!! Happy Weekend!!!
Cottage - Enjoy breakfast with the gang and good luck with the kitchen demolition. I hope this doesn't render you without a kitchen for months on end. Good luck!

Belle - May the literature gods shine upon you today. Have fun working on your book!

Loriann - Don't scales suck! This morning I am up 3.5 pound from yesterday morning, and I didn't eat like crap. I feel your pain, sister!

Twnnb - Glad that you're enjoying the rain. Those sweet potato pockets sound lovely! I'll have to remember that! Thanks for the idea. Have fun shopping for a big girl bed!

Cyndi - Julie is so talented, I was looking through some of the pics when dh woke up. He was SO impressed with her pics. Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a good day, I'm interested in checking out your zucchini pancake recipe. Yum!

Kim - Have fun with your girlie movie tonight. And good luck with your errands today.

Pearlrose - Glad to hear that the brownies turned out yummy!

Me - Today I'm catering an art show. The artist is Todd White (www.artofwhite.com). I really like his stuff.....very Madmen-esque. I'm serving black bean & corn mini tostadas, tomoato bruschetta, artichoke tepenade, cold salmon spread (thank you Schmoodle!), and dates stuffed with goat cheese & almonds. Should be yummy! Then tonight we've got a barbque at a friend's house. Mutual friends are in town from Idaho.....should be fun! Have a great weekend, ladies!
ENJOY!!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sounds like everyone's busy with their Saturday activities.

Cyndi, I never fail to marvel at Julie's photography! I'm glad you had a great time whale-watching. We went on a whale-watching excursion the last time I was in Bar Harbor, but we didn't see any whales at all. Now that my GD will be going to school up there, I hope to get up there often and hopefully see some whales.

I've been banished from the kitchen because of my "helpful" comments. My brother, who is a builder, came over to give Jake a hand and it looks like I'm just in the way. At least I know the job will be done expertly.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Hi everyone. I have heartburn from cheating the past two days (not the entire day, but by dinner time, I succumbed to temptation.) We're all stressed out, now not a single lawyer wants to touch this case because of how badly bf's ex-wife's lawyer screwed up, and all of the judges AND lawyers know about the case, and all are taking it out upon the parents which MUST be illegal....

Anyway my BF has been friends with a pastor for years, who is able to stand up in court and 'represent' them and at first he was just going to be a witness but since we've got no options, he said he would review all of the papers. But, BF's psychologist, who was a witness as well, said that he is going to talk to some of his lawyer friends, he's been around a long time and knows some people who may take the case despite things. Legalaid refused to help them because apparently they're "adversary" because bf's demented mother had went up there before they did! That can't possibly be fair for them to deny help to anybody.

So on the go all day, doing all of this back and forth stuff, and gave in each time to fast food restaurants. Neither place had any grilled chicken salads (that's the truth!) But not an excuse. I feel like crap about it.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 08-02-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Hi everyone. I have heartburn from cheating the past two days (not the entire day, but by dinner time, I succumbed to temptation.) We're all stressed out, now not a single lawyer wants to touch this case because of how badly bf's ex-wife's lawyer screwed up, and all of the judges AND lawyers know about the case, and all are taking it out upon the parents which MUST be illegal....

Anyway my BF has been friends with a pastor for years, who is able to stand up in court and 'represent' them and at first he was just going to be a witness but since we've got no options, he said he would review all of the papers. But, BF's psychologist, who was a witness as well, said that he is going to talk to some of his lawyer friends, he's been around a long time and knows some people who may take the case despite things. Legalaid refused to help them because apparently they're "adversary" because bf's demented mother had went up there before they did! That can't possibly be fair for them to deny help to anybody.

So on the go all day, doing all of this back and forth stuff, and gave in each time to fast food restaurants. Neither place had any grilled chicken salads (that's the truth!) But not an excuse. I feel like crap about it.

That sucks Mel. Ehh everyone cheats every now and then, they get right back on track.. don't worry about it. I feel guilty too for just having a SBD turkey santa fe hot sandwich for lunch. I had a SBD cereal bar for breakfast.. I will prob gain myself..
Old 08-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #14  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

::creeps back in::

hi ladies.... I was on SBD a while ago, and had great results. Now, I'm recovering from spinning out of control, and realize that the eating on the beach plan helped me feel my best. my exercise is down pat; i just need to get the eating back. so, i'm (happily) on the beach again.

Last edited by dcapulet; 08-02-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, had fun running around with my BFF this morning. We had breakfast at the PA Dutch market, hit the farmer's market and went clothes shopping at the Gap. The prices are really coming down on the produce at the farmer's market, 5 zukes or green peppers/$1, but they had fresh limas and I wanted some so badly but they were $5/pint, which I thought was outrageous. I got some pattypan squash to try, green beans, cukes, eggplants, and I'm about to get a bunch of zukes and tomatoes from the garden so I think I'm set for the week!
At the Gap I discovered I am a size 14/L. No Xs in front or anything! They had a great sale going, I got 3 pairs of pants, a skirt, and 3 tops for $58.
It's funny, I have only lost 2 lbs in the last 3 months, but just this week, I have been getting comments from every direction on how much I've lost, and I've noticed my 16s jeans are starting to get kinda baggy, so I guess I'm going through one of those periods of not much loss, but things shifting around.
Well, I'll catch up later, we are off to the pool this afternoon, and then the movies later. Have fun, chicks.
Closed Thread