Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Talking I have crossed over....

Ok, being from the south I never ate healthy.

Since I've been in CA, I've changed my eating habits and lost 20 lbs! Woo hoo!

Today for lunch I brought baked chicken w/ garlic and I brought romaine lettuce to eat with as a wrap. In the past, I could NEVER eat anything without tons of mayo or sauce or SOMETHING. Now? I'm enjoying this meal. So weird, I never thought I would see the day.

I just wanted to share my small victory with you all!

I'm also wondering does your taste buds adapt to what you begin to eat?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #2  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

congrats!

i know that once i am eating healthy for a while i do begin to loooove salads with chicken breast and veggies etc. the fattening stuff isnt even good anymore. thats when you know youve been consistent and yr mind and body are truly changing.

keep up the good work!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #3  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Congrats and yes your taste buds do adapt. I noticed that early on and now I even enjoy healty foods now. Keep up the good work
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #4  
Get through today

Wow HWGA, that is awesome! I agree that your taste for food changes when you change how you eat. Greasy and bad foods make me feel really icky now, which I didn't notice before. But I think it can also go back in the other direction, if you start eating unhealthy for awhile, you get back into that on a regular basis. Just being aware and making smart choices can curb that, at least it does for me!

Congrats again on your victory, that is so awesome!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

yes i reckon your taste buds adapt. Especially when you eat something you used to have, you can really taste the sugar/salt/fat. It makes you not want it, which is brilliant
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/120/110

Height: 5'4"

Default Congratulations!

I used to a be a little overweight, and I lost around 20 pounds too. (Big enough victory since my doctor said I should stay at the weight I am now.
At first, I couldn't stand not eating junk food. I thought all of the healthy food was bland, and I was always hungry after it. I have slipped up a bit lately, I went on vacation a few weeks ago and ate quite a bit of junk... but you get used to eating healthy food. When I first ate french fries and pizza again, it actually didn't taste very good.
Molly911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Hurray for living in California!!! It's also the environment here... people just eat a lot healthier and most people look down on eating unhealthy, and it's easier to eat healthy because everyone does it, and you feel included if you're eating the same as your friends and co-workers. Keep it up!
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote