Weight Loss Support - July NSVs
08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Did anyone have any July Non-Scale Victories they want to share??
:carrot::carrot: I think we all work pretty hard most of the time....and we beat ourselves up if the scale doesn't show it...so let's take some time out to say things that we like that aren't related to the scale! :carrot::carrot:
Here are my July NSVs :
1. I can wear my engagement ring and wedding band again!!! :D
2. My fore arms are starting to look skinny and toned!
3. I can tell my figure is getting narrower and my stomach is getting flatter!
4. My balance is much improved...I can do various workouts without falling on my butt...LOL!
5. I walked over 60 miles in the month of July!! WHOOT WHOOT!
6. I didn't quit and I'm still here for August!!!
Okay now its your turn! What are your NSVs from July!?!?!
08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Clothes are fitting better! arms look smaller! I can run without dying!
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks, McK'sMom - great idea! With the scale not cooperating (just won't budge), those NSVs are what's keeping me on the straight & narrow.
1) Being able to reach to top of that killer hill w/o stopping (or dying) - and have enough energy to complete the route (not all hills) in an hour (3 miles).:dancer:
2) Seeing a bit of muscle distinction in the legs - not much, but it is there!.
3) Tossing out the "big" (read:tent-like) clothing items, and wearing skorts, shorts, and tanktops with more confidence.
4) - OMG - I have so much more energy - I can't believe it!
5) While seated, not seeing such a big roll under the "girls" - while standing and looking in a mirror, seeing a better shaped booty (still got a ways to go, but there are definite changes going on!!!).
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I am right at this moment wearing a brand new pair of pants that are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing when i started this weight loss journey only 7 weeks ago!
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I hopped back on the wagon and started making changes again! I lost 20 lbs last summer and then stopped, and luckily did not gain. However, I'm ready to start losing again!
I was able to wear a size 14 shorts to dinner last week. :)
08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
I started off the month with the 30 day goal of watching how much I ate with great success, and now I'm finishing up the 30 day goal of watching what I eat.
I'm cooking more at home and eating out less. Not only is it better for the waist line, we're saving money, hubby is happy to have a hot meal when he gets home, and I can't eat when I'm cleaning up the carnage from dinner!
Kids and I started walking in town when we only need a few things. 5 miles dragging a wagon with 75 pounds of toddler no longer seems to daunting.
Oh, and after I had my little sit down lecture with the leftover cupcakes, they and I decided it was for the best if we just parted ways. They went straight into the garbage can.
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
OMG - these all sound so great! Good your ya'll!
Altari - LOL...I like the cupcake talk idea!!!
judipurple - Dang ...your on a roll! I can't wait to be in the 190's and feel like that!
08-01-2008, 04:33 PM
I went shopping today and instead of buying size 20 I bought 16:carrot: They were a little snug but I was excited!
08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
O.k., great thread : )
I feel much better after only 2 weeks, I'm unsure what to do with the energy, but happier
I can fit into my pants without a struggle
Redheaded I am
08-01-2008, 05:49 PM
My victory is that I'm here and posting. I'm pretty quiet about my internal struggles, so my decision to be a member on this board--and post--is kind of a big thing for me. :)
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
YAY for everyone!!!
:dance: keep up the good work :dance:
08-01-2008, 09:27 PM
my NSV is that i like my legs...:D
I dont know if thats because they look better or if i just feel better within myself
08-01-2008, 09:51 PM
* I was standing in line to return some items at the store the other day when I caught a glimpse of the TV monitor showing the security camera view of the area. I saw some average looking woman standing there, and then it hit me that it was me! Usually when I would see myself on a security camera or whatever I would always cringe at how heavy I looked, but this time I merely looked average!
* I was able to take in my work belt another notch. :D
* I've racked up about a dozen positive comments in the last few days about my weight loss.
* I can now fit into pants that I havn't been able to wear in about 7 years! They're still a little snug, but I can at least get them up over my thighs and button them now!
I make frequent use of the scale, but NSV's are just as rewarding as following the numbers. This week I had to buy a new belt because the old one got to be too big and my current jeans (purchased six weeks ago) won't stay upright without one. :D
08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Redheaded: I know exactly how you feel. I also never was interested in talking or writing or otherwise acknowledging my struggles with my weight with anyone except a very good couple of friends. Problem is, that wasn't enough, especially as both of them have fallen way off the wagon and don't really help motivate me as they don't do anything about it now--they have tons of excuses and really don't want to talk about my new determination to try again with diet/exercise.
I decided to try this--to see if support like this could help me stay on track and achieve long-term success. It still feels uncomfortable though.