WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for August

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for August

Tina
08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Hello all,
:carrot: It's so hard to believe that it's already August.
Some of us are having very, very hot weather right now. That should melt off the pounds.
For anyone new, we mainly follow the WW plans. We give out support and encouragement. We've been through tough times and happiness.
This is the place to come and stay.

As I said in the weigh-in thread, my scales have bitten the dust. Maybe it's just a worn out battery. I hope so.

Tammy, have you gotten your new mattress and furniture? When does Tim go back to school? You can always come here to let it all out!
Susan, when does school start. (I know that's a "dirty word." ) Stay indoors in this hot weather.
Jeanne, how are you feeling? Do you have any new recipes to share?
Dori, I know you're getting ready for school. Stay cool.
Maureen, are you well now? I hope so.

Anyone new, please come and post. We'd love to know you.

Tina
:flow1:

auntie
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi,
Thanks Tina for starting us off!!! Can you believe that I found us??? I just saw the weather forecast for this week..... 2 days are suppose to be 107. That is just insane!!!!

I am not doing so hot on my food. Not horrible but need to be better. I'm going to bump up the water!!!!!

School starts for me on August 18, the kids August 25. Sometime before the 18th, I have to go move rooms. Not looking forward to that since they won't have the ac on!!!

Off to balance the check book. Yuck!!!

Tina
08-01-2008, 03:41 PM
No a/c in the school rooms. That's outrageous. I don't care if the kids aren't there yet. If they don't want the teachers to faint, they'd better turn it on. :)
Today, I'm drinking all my water. It's just too hot for me. I can't believe you are going to have such temps. Right now, our heat index is 102.

auntie
08-01-2008, 06:00 PM
It's a shame about the a/c. They have it in the offices but not in the classrooms. That's why I wait until the very last minute to go up. They will turn it on when we officially go back. Stupid isn't it. Most teachers I know end up going up before school officially starts.

I'm not sure what our heat index is.... I just know I don't like it!!!

Ladybug2680
08-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Well, I don't really know about the heat index here in Southeast GA. All I know is it's hot, hot, hot.

Susan - That stinks about the a/c. In the early summer they don't have it on at our schools, but when the secretaries return they turn it on. Most of the them return about a week and a half before we do. My official return will be August 7. I'm actually very excited and looking forward to it.

I had a follow-up with the urologist on Thursday and he found some blood in my urine. He's given me an antibotic (that I yet to have turn in). Bad I know. I have my 6 week follow-up with my ob/gyn on the 6th. So we'll see if there is still some blood in it. I'll keep you gals updated.

auntie
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Not much going on here. I went to the gym today and worked out yesterday. I'm a little sore from what we did yesterday in my upper body. Today, I went and walked and then did the elipitical.

Dori, make sure you get that prescription turned in. I can't believe you go back on the 7th. When do the kids start? I will be excited once it gets closer to starting time. Since I'm moving to a new school, I'm a little nervous. I shouldn't be but I am.

Stay cool everyone!!!! Maybe the pounds will melt off!

Tina
08-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,
Tammy, how are you doing, my friend?????

Dori, get yourself down to the pharmacy and fill that Rx. You need to get rid of that! I can't believe it'll be 6 weeks so soon. Boy, time flies.

Susan, I didn't remember that you were going to a different school. How many children will you have in this one? I don't blame you for being a little nervous. However, you're a great teacher and your students love you. You'll do fine!

Jeanne, where are you?????

Maureen, are you feeling okay now? Anything new happening with you?

I haven't drunk all my water for the day. :( It's hot! :devil:

Tammy
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I need to catch up with the July posts!! Sorry that I haven't been here.

Tina, I am not getting the sleigh bed. I did really like it though. The furniture store called, and they will deliver everything on Wednesday afternoon! I am excited. I need to wash my new sheets for the big day. I also ordered a new quilt from JCPenney, and that order is in. We are picking it up tomorrow after church.

Susan, I agree with you about friends being the best!! Mine are kind of overdoing it right now. Out of 5 days this coming week, I am meeting people for lunch on 3 of the days. Good for you for doing the Race for the Cure!!

Dori, I can relate about those meeting days at the beginning of the school year. I always just wanted to work in my room since there is always so much to do. Lucky you for having that man stop and talk to you about your yardwork! Congrats on 3.8 by the way.

Went to the lawyer's office yesterday morning. They had been on the phone contacting different places so I didn't have to do it all. Found out that Bob had a couple accounts set up for me to still receive 1/2 of what he was getting if he passed away. The one account is less than $60 a month, but I figure every little bit helps. There is also an account with some stocks that I can either keep or sell. I am leaning toward selling if the price goes up. That will help with Tim's tuition.

Made decisions about the cars. We talked to the man who sold us our cars. I told him about Bob, and it really upset him. He knew he had been sick, but he had no idea how bad. Anyway, we are going to trade Bob's car and my van for a newer van. I want (need) one with an automatic liftgate on the back. I have so much trouble with the one that we have. He told me that he'll do as much as he can to get me something nice, and I'm sure they'll be good about the trade ins on the car and van. The people at that dealership are just awesome. I considered going to something other than a van, but with the arthritis in the back, the van is the best and most comfortable vehicle for me.

Went to Tim's apartment yesterday. That's the first he had seen it too. Nice! It isn't huge, but that's ok. Downstairs is a living room and kitchen/dining room. There is a wall with cupboards at the bottom and shelves at the top between the living room and kitchen. Under the stairway is a large utility closet with shelves. Upstairs there is a nice sized bathroom, a small bedroom with a decent sized closet, and a bigger bedroom (not real big) with 2 closets, one of those has shelves along one side. Off of the dining room is a patio with a wall separating it from one of the neighbors, but he'll be sharing with the one on the other side. The wall is an L-shape, so he can store the bike back there (even has a bike rack!).

We bought curtains and they are up already. A bit wrinkled, but he didn't care. Talked him into an air conditioner. He is lucky that his building has trees around it to block some of the sun. Since the apartments belong to the university, maintenance will come and install the AC this week sometime.

I think I'm going to go out and sit on the porch for a while and read.

Tina
08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Tammy, Wow, you've been so busy. I'm glad the attorney is taking care of things for you. When Mr. L. passed away, Larry had so much to do. But then, people were very, very nice, too.

That new van sounds like what you need.
How is Tim doing? Does he talk to you about Bob?

Take care of yourself.

auntie
08-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi,
Pat just mowed and finished! It is 10:00 and 98 degrees. Should be 106 today!!! He was obsessing about mowing. What a strange man he is!!!

Tammy, sounds like the lawyer is really taking care of you. I agree with the idea of a new van. You need something that makes you feel more comfortable. I'm glad the car man is taking care of you too. Wish we lived closer!!!

Now with the temperatures here, I'll NEVER get you to come!!!

jar1965
08-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Morning Ladies!

Dori - Wooohoooooo and congrats on that 3.8#! Gooooooood job!:carrot: And.....get on that antibiotic!!!!

Susan - Hi! Yes, he is funny about that grass mowing! Maybe you should buy some goats.......I hear they'll keep the grass cut for you! Just kidding! I can't believe the hot temps you gals are having! It's been very pleasant here in Pennsylvania!!!!! We have some hot days, but nothing like you!

Tammy - Hi! Isn't it strange how so many good things come out of something sad!! **All these friends trying to keep you busy, getting some new furniture and comforter set, Tim going to school and everything falling into place for him, the new van and how people are helpful!!!!! BOB is watching over you and taking care of things in a peaceful calming way!
PS - What are you reading? I love to read! And...........I sit on my porch and read too!:hug:

Tina - Hi! I'm here!:D Thanks for asking though! I have been pretty busy with work actually! We had a Friends & Family Day at the Pittsburgh Store Friday, the Kiosk today and next Friday in our Cranberry Twp. Store. (near Pittsburgh) So I did all the prep for that and then I have to be there ALL day for those. We also have to have FALL decor and product out by Aug. 1, followed by Halloween by Aug. 31 and then Christmas will start creeping out the end of Sept.
Good job going to the gym!

Maureen - HI! Hope you are doing well!

Well ladies..........I have done TERRIBLE....ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.....diet wise! I'm so disgusted with myself I could just scream.....:( You know, I have no excuses. My husband is an excellent provider and we keep 100 cl. snacks in the house, Smart Ones, diet pop, tons of bottled water....I could go on forever....(yes, and fruit)! We have a place to excercise, I could even go to the YMCA if I wanted too!!!!!! I guess I need a swift kick in the butt!!!!! I just can't "stick" with it! I dunno!:?:
Well, yesterday I cleaned our basement and fruit cellar out. Urgh! We have a family room, utility room and then the scarey fruit cellar. We used to call it a dungeon! haha! My then 12 year old was not amused with it!!! Of course "WE" have all matured and out grew that over the years!
I'm gonna scoot for now. I have to go to the Kiosk and check on the kids. Thank goodness the mall is only 5 minutes from our house! My other stores are 45 minutes and an hour +!!!! The gas is killing me!

Have a great day girls!
Hugs
~jeanne

Tammy
08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Tim is doing ok. We talk alot about Bob. We have really talked about how Bob had things planned and how we think he knew more than we did just how sick he really was.

Susan, I told Tim yesterday that I need to come to Texas sometime and meet you and Tina. BUT I said I couldn't come when it is so hot!!! I also wish you all lived closer!

Jeanne, I am reading "Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul". Tim's gf loaned it to me. I am also trying to get back into reading the Bible. I kind of got off track a bit. I had another friend email me about doing lunch this week. Told her I"m too busy, so maybe the following week. I really need to get back on plan/program of some kind.

My head has been hurting tonight. I rarely get headaches. Might just take some tylenol and go to bed. Busy day tomorrow.

auntie
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi,
It topped out at 107 degrees today. And is suppose to again tomorrow. Yuck!!!

Jeanne, I laughed at the goats! I've told Pat that before too and he just says "NO". :) I'm right there with you about needing to get in gear! I have NO excuses either, I need to just do it.

Tammy, I need to check that book out. I haven't seen it. Get some rest and hope your headache goes away!!!

Tina, I see another hurricane is coming that way.

Here is something to laugh at.... you know my tracker ....... I can't remember what weight I used so I don't if I'm up or down.... let me rephrase that... not sure how much I am off :)

Tina
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, this tropical storm just built up today in the Gulf. The weathermen are so excited. Hopefully, we'll just get lots of rain on Tuesday. We got a little rain tonight from another system.
Jeanne, we can all do this!
Tammy, you are too stressed out. Water aerobics would probably be good for you.
Susan, stay indoors tomorrow!
Dori, take care.
Maureen, I hope you are feeling okay.

auntie
08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
The weather people are so funny!!! Ours are so excited that the temperature in over 100 because they are counting how many days in a row. I think we are on 11 that it has been in the 100's. They crack me up with all their joy!!!

Pat made the comment today (now this was after I had exercised and was dropping off his name badge) Did I really think the exercise was helping? I almost punched him!!!!! I guess he is going to start up on that "You're not losing weight" routine. If he is, I'm NOT in the mood to hear it!!!!! I can beat myself up, thank you very much!!!! I'm good at it :)

His company is going to have layoffs, and they are being bought by HP. It seems that he might be a little stressed about that. He made a statement about his stomach hurting this weekend so I'm sure it's because of stress.

As for my stomach, I go off all ulcer medicine tomorrow....... so I will let you know how it goes. I pray that everything is fine because I don't want to have any tests!!!!! Sounds like I'm a chicken :D

Better go fold the last of the clothes!!!

Tina
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Good evening,
Susan, do you want us to come punch Pat in the nose????? :D :lol:
Maybe all his stress is coming out in different ways. However, you are doing so good with your exercising that he shouldn't bother you. So, there!

Maureen, how are you feeling?

Dori, did you get your antibiotic filled?

Jeanne, you are one very busy person.

Tammy, you wouldn't want to be here right now. It's not only hot, but, we're expecting lots of rain tomorrow. That's probably not good for your aches and pains. How was your lunch date? Or, was today your exercising date? :)

Larry got to come home early today. We brought in all the things in the back yard. We were drenched with sweat when we got through. Surely, I lost a pound. Oh, and he gets to stay home tomorrow!

Everyone stay OP and drink more water!!!!!

Tammy
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
I think I will stay in Ohio where it is less than 100.

Susan, I'll bet the stress about the job is getting to Pat for him to say something like that. You are doing great!!!!!

Tina, today was exercise day. The aerobics class was a tough one, and we were cracking up. She couldn't find the regular cd, so the one she pulled out was so fast. Some of us just couldn't keep up, and we got the giggles. Oh my word! We were sweating and laughing with tears running down our faces! The water aerobics class felt great after that.

Tomorrow I am eating lunch and dinner both out. Tim has physical therapy for a shoulder problem that he has had for years, then he works tomorrow from 5- closing. We won't see much of each other.

Tina
08-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm still here!!! :D The tropical storm went a little to our east which gave us the "dry side." We've gotten a little rain today but not the bad wind.
Larry had today off. Lots of places just had skeleton crews there. Some shops were closed. People were told to stay at home.
We got really tired of staying home this afternoon. We went to Starbucks' and I had a caramel frapp. Ooooh, they are so good. I only have one a year! :lol:

I hope everyone is okay.

auntie
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi,

Tina, you made me laugh when you said you would punch Pat in the nose! I do think he is a little worried but just not telling me. He knows I will do the worrying!

Tammy, how was lunch and dinner? Where did you go??? Hope the PT helps Tim!!!

Tina, glad you didn't blow away today!!!

Jeanne, how is the candy business going? I could eat a case about now!!!! You'll never guess what is around the corner.

Dori, what are you doing for your last few days of vacation?

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I got a call today from my team leader. I have to take a test to be considered highly qualified at the high school level. It's a state test. I have super bad test anxiety. I thought I was going to throw up when she was telling me. Not sure when I will take it but it will be soon.

Ladybug2680
08-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Good morning all. Things here are well. I got my antibiotic filled and started taking it yesterday. I'm hoping the follow up today doesn't show blood in my urine but we will see. The last couple of days of vacation for me have been spent cleaning house, watching over Samuel and Teresa, and taking care of Samuel (he was running a high fever last night). Today will be spent catching up on school work for my master's. I'm a little behind to say the least. Well I suppose I should go get started.

jar1965
08-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi ladies!

Well - I made a decision to really kick it into gear and get focused on my diet!
So.............I updated my tickers and packed my lunch and gave myself the "diet talk" this morning!!! Wish me luck!:D

SUSAN - hi! The candy business is slow in the summer. But......we are definately picking back up! Oh, and I DO EAT A "CASE" OF CHOCOLATE often!!!!!
Whats right around the corner?????

Have a great day everyone!!!!! Stay OP, drink your water and shake those bootys!!!! Oh, and if you see me eating anything bad today.......give me a swift kick!!!!

Hugs
~jeanne

auntie
08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok.......
Yesterday, I had a killer migraine another one today. Today's wasn't so bad but it still hurt!!!! Killer cramps!!!! Now that just isn't fair to have them both!!!!

We had to put Bisquit to sleep today. Pat took him in this morning because his upper respiratory infection came back. He went to pick him up this afternoon and to talk to our vet. They made the decision. I actually knew it was coming but it still doesn't make it any easier. Poor Pat always has to deal with the hard jobs.

Tammy, I'm glad that you love your new furniture and that your back didn't hurt this morning.

Tina, How are you doing?

Jeanne, don't work too hard.... oh and eat some chocolate for me!! (I'm not even a big chocolate eater)

Dori, how much more do you have on your Masters degree? I'm glad you finally got your medicine filled.

Tina
08-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Evening all,
Susan, I'm so sorry about Bisquit. Our pets are so special. It's never fair to lose one. :hug:

Dori, what did the doctor say? Please let us know how you are doing.

Tammy, that's great about your bed/mattress working.

Jeanne, did you need a swift kick today. :D :kickcan:

Maureen, how's work? How are you feeling?????

Ladybug2680
08-08-2008, 06:47 AM
Good morning all. The doctor said everything was healed and when I told her about the blood in my urine she said that my urine looked fine. So I really don't know what it was. Just glad that everything looks fine now.

Susan - I will finish my Masters next summer. I can't wait.

jar1965
08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Tina................ahhhhhhhh, I did need one!!!!!!

Tina
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Happy Friday

Jeannne, you're too funny! I hope today was a good OP day.

Dori, that's such great news about you! Wow, someone who will soon have her Masters right here in our midst! (Did that make any sense? :lol:) Congratulations on all your hard work.

Susan, I know you are grieving over Bisquit. I'm so sorry.

Tammy, what did you do today? Was it exercise day? How's your weather?
It's been hot but not too horrible here. Isn't that a glowing report. :lol:

Maureen, I'm wondering about you. ;)

Today was a great OP day for me. We are having a veggie pizza tonight. So, I've been frugal with what I've eaten. My only splurge was a no whip Starbuck's frapp. (4 pts.) I love those mocha ones.
So far, I've had 5 glasses of water. Aren't you impressed. :) I've got 3 more to go.

Tina
08-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Good morning,
We are a quiet group.
I just returned from the eye doctor. He kept apologizing for not being able to find something wrong. I've had a red, watery left eye for over a month.
Another doctor gave me some drops that didn't help. He gave me some 1 1/2 weeks ago that did help but I still have this.
He can't see anything wrong, which is very good. I guess something has just irritated it--and the other eye just a little. he said to continue using the drops he gave me. I have the name of a dr. that specializes in inflammation, if I want to go.
I'm going to wait. Maybe if I just dusted my house better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a hot weekend. I stay OP pretty good. I've got to find a scale.:dizzy:

Everyone please post.

auntie
08-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi,
It has been quiet here! Lots has been going on!!!! I can't decide if my food has been good or not but I think it has for the most part. Pat went to the ER on Saturday night, Monday, I vegged.... I didn't do anything. I had a workshop on Tuesday. Today, Pat is off, actually for the rest of the week. We went to see the Batman movie. It was pretty good.

Tina, We do miss Bisquit. We were talking about him tonight.

Tammy, do tell about your trip to MI?

Dori, How is your first week at school? I start on Monday.

Jeanne, has is the candy business? Has it slowed down for you?

Ladybug2680
08-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Hello ladies. Things here are very busy to say the least. I spent last Thursday and Friday in meetings followed by another meeting Monday afternoon. Tuesday wasn't too bad. We had open house from 5-7 and it was exciting seeing the new and old faces. Yesterday, Justin, Samuel and I went to meet Samuel's teacher. Samuel is excited about kindergarten and Teresa is excited about getting to stay with Nana. Those two are like peas in a pod.

Today is the first day of school and boy did I have trouble sleeping. I just couldn't go to sleep. So I'm sure I'll be dragging by the end of the week. Well I suppose I should finish getting ready. I still need to do hair and makeup. Have a wonderful day ladies and rememeber BOTTOMS UP with the water. :)

jar1965
08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Susan! I'm soooo sorry about Bisquit!:hug:

Hi everyone! I'll catch up soon. I have NOT been doing very well staying OP!!!!! I feel soooooo miserable. I'm ashamed!

Gotta Scoot...................

Lots of Hugs!!!!
~jeanne

Tina
08-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow, it's amazing that you teachers are already going back to school. And, all the kids are leaving home for school.

Tammy, when does Tim start school?

Maureen, how are you doing?????

Hey, I did good drinking my water today. It's so hot that it's not hard. :)

Tammy
08-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Hello all! I apologize for not posting like I should. I haven't really been OP at all. I have been eating so weird, but the scales are staying the same.

Moved most of Tim's stuff to Muncie on Wednesday. He'll move in to the apartment completely on Sunday. His classes don't start until the 25th, so he'll have a week to get things organized.

Today is my last day of classes for this session. I am not feeling the best right now. Very queasy, so I don't know if I'll be going. I don't have to leave until 7:25, so I have a while to feel better.

Called the insurance company yesterday because we haven't received the check for the life insurance. They said it will be another couple of weeks. I mailed everything July 26 the same day we received the death certificate. The funeral home has been good so far. I need to call them and tell them what I found out. The life insur. should pay for the funeral expenses and most of the medical bills. I know we haven't received all of them yet. I just sat and cried yesterday.

I am so glad that I don't have to be at school getting a room ready. Right now I'm barely getting things done around here! I'm going through lots of paperwork, trying to get things organized. My shredder is full, need to dump it, and start again. Don't know why we have kept some of this stuff.

Well, I think I'll try to go back to sleep for a bit.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will try to get here more often.

maureen kempster
08-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone-I've been here just been really busy and doing a lot of soul searching. I've made a major decision and I've decided to move back to Ottawa(I grew up there and my brothers/sisters and my mother are all there). It's a hard decision because I've been here for 30 yrs now(half my life) It's going to prove interesting because of my age it's not going to be that easy to find a job and I have to work can't afford not to. My siblings don't seem to think I'll have a hard time finding one-my one sister is going to find an apartment for me-I'll be selling everything and starting all over again. My brother calls it gutsy I think that's just a polite word for stupid!!!The major reason for this move is my 2 youngest sons(25 & 29 yrs old) these 2 don't appear to want to grow up-they don't harass their father, but they continually call me(I have one living with me right now) they're always broke etc - I work 2 jobs and these 2 seem to think I'm their bank-I take the blame for always giving in to them and I don't see any changes in the future unless I just leave-the only time I got any peace in the last 2 yrs was when I went on holidays and they didn't have my phone number. So I'll be moving by the middle of october-the hardest thing will be telling my boss. but I have to look after me no one else will-

now on that note please all have a good on program day and I'm here just not always very talkative

thanks for being here

maureen

Tina
08-17-2008, 02:19 PM
A good weekend to everyone! :)

Tammy, I'm so sorry you have so much to do and then people just don't co-operate and send things in a timely manner.
Just remember that we are here for you. :hug:

Maureen:hug::hug::hug:
You have made a very hard decision. What is it called----hard love ? With your brother and sisters helping you, you'll be fine. It's good you'll be near your family again.

auntie
08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi my friends,

Nothing too exciting here. I start back to school tomorrow (remember it's the new school). I told Pat last night "what if no one likes me? or I don't make any friends?" He laughed and said "are you serious?" I was!!!.... he said it has never happened before and you make friends with the walls, so don't worry.

Tammy, did Tim get moved? Will he have room mates? If so, does he know the them? As for the insurance company, they seem to have their own time schedule. I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this!!!!

Tina, how are you? Are you getting rain down there?

Maureen, like Tina said you have a tough decision. I agree that I think it will be good for you. Are you close to your brother and sister?

jar1965
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Morning everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been around much! I've been under the weather ..... again! Urgh! Not to mention we have had a wedding, shower or graduation party almost every weekend in August! I didn't WI last Thursday because of being so sick, but I plan on it this week. I'll keep you posted, but I don't feel any progress yet! Work is going good. We are getting busy - my stores are completely ready for fall with peeks of Christmas here and there! Wowsie!

Tammy - Hi! I'm sorry too for everything you have to do and go through! I'll continue to pray for you! I hope Tim is getting adjusted! Can you believe fall is right around the corner........we'll need a blanket to sit on the porch and read;)!

Tina - Hi! I hope you are starting to get some relief from the heat down there! It is BEAUTIFUL here! Ahhhhh, 70's, low 80's and breezy! Mmmmm, I'm lovin' it! haha! I love fall, but I hate what follows!

Susan - How was your first day at school?? I hope you made friends and that nobody picked on you!;)

Dori - Hi!! Hope all is well with you!

Maureen - Wow, you have a lot on your plate!:hug: I think the move is a great idea and I'm sure you'll get a job in no time! How far is Ottawa from where you live now? It is tough having adult children live with you! Well, big hugs coming your way and I'll be thinking of you! :hug:

Well, I have to go now. I have a doctors appt. and then I must get to work! And girls.............I'm not eating any chocolate for you!!!!!!!!!!:p
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
08-20-2008, 01:56 PM
It's Wednesday, do you feel thin!?! :lol: :lol:

Jeanne, I'm so sorry you've been sick again. What does your doctor say?
Oooh, to the goodies at your stores.
Oh, I like your new avatar photo.

Dori, I'm sure you are busy. How are you feeling? Did you need more antibiotics?

Susan, how was the first day of school? How many students do you have?
How is Pat feeling and did he ever talk to his neurosurgeon?

Tammy, how's my friend??? Have you ever gotten the money from the insurance company? Is Tim all moved in like he wants?

Maureen, have you talked to your boss yet? I know all of this seems overwhelming to you.

I seem to be asking lots of questions today. :D

I feel a little thinner today. That's a good thing! I'm still taking antibiotic eye drops for inflammation and watery eyes.
We are still having lots of rain. I'm glad none of us are in FL right now.

Tammy
08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Hello all! No money from the insurance company yet. They said it could still be a couple weeks. I've taken a couple days off from making calls. Figured maybe my blood pressure could come down for a couple days.

Tim is all moved in. He won't have any roommates. He didn't decide till June about the apartment, so the other guys already had plans made. I think he'll like being alone. Only child syndrome. His gf moved into the dorm today. Classes don't start till Monday.

Maureen, good for you for making decisions that are right for you. You go girl!!!

Susan, how's the new school? If you have any trouble, we'll be there to take care of things.

Jeanne, I know what you mean about fall. There have been some cool evenings lately. If you won't eat chocolate for me, send me some and I'll eat it!!!!!

Tina, how long will you have to take the meds for the eye? It makes my eyes water thinking about it!! I don't feel a bit thinner. My butterfly will be moving the wrong direction in the morning.

I got to meet the new puppy yesterday! Well, I got to pick him out. There were 5 puppies, 3 girls and 2 boys. I wanted a boy. They were so cute!!!!!!
The one that I am getting is a chocolate dapple dachsund. He is a short hair. The silver dapple one I liked too, but the owner is pretty sure he'll be a long haired, and I don't want to have the extra upkeep of one. They are going to start calling him by the name that I have chosen. Did I tell you? It will be Maurice! (named after the lead singer of Earth, Wind, and Fire) That was my favorite group.

auntie
08-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

I survived the first day of school. No one picked on me and I actually made friends. Pat really gave me a hard time about that comment. I like the administration.

Pat end up going to the ER on Monday night and got home today. They finally decided that it is his neck giving him the problems and things have gotten a little worse (all from the MRI) The internal medicine dr. said don't take your blood pressure through out the day but only in the morning. If it is high then, and several times in a row they would revisit that. He was taking it about 10 times a day. They still want to do a few more test but he will do them with a neurologist.

Tammy, that is cool about the puppy!!! I like the name Maurice! I have always wanted to name a puppy Milhouse (after Nixon) I know it's silly but I like the name. Glad Tim is living alone and doesn't have to deal with others.

Tina, we are getting lots of rain here. We need it but now there is flooding. I didnt' like it about 4:30 this morning!!! It woke me up.

Jeanne, I'm with Tammy send us the chocolate and we'll eat it :) Glad your stores are all finished and ready for fall.

Maureen, when are you moving? How far away is it from where you are now?

Tina
08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
I take the eye drops for six more times, counting tonight. I called the office to talk to the eye dr. They said they'd give her the message and she'd call...NOT. It really aggravated me.

Susan, I'm glad school was good for you. Poor Pat! I hope they do something very soon.
And, I don't think I could name an animal Milhouse. I would always think of that joke of Nixon saying, I'm not a crook! :lol:

Tammy, the last 1 1/2 years David was at school, he had a dorm room all to himself. He loved not having a messy roommate.

jar1965
08-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning girls! I couldn't resist the "chocolate bar" avatar!!!! It's just for you!
Gotta scoot..............I think I may have something to report over at the WI thread!! Mmmmmm!

Ohhhhh, PS - We bought a new house yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Tammy
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Susan, I'm glad you made friends!! I know you are a hard person to get to know and make friends with. HA!!!!

Tina, I hate it when they say they'll call and then they don't. Tim didn't have a roommate 2nd semester last year since he was an RA. He enjoyed the privacy. I know he'll love being alone at the apartment, although I'm sure the gf will be visiting. It is an apartment owned by the university, and they have a policy about unmarried students living together, so we don't have to worry about that!

Jeanne, I love the chocolate bar! A new house????????????????????????

I'm meeting Tim and gf to go to the fair later. He has physical therapy (the last session) this afternoon, so he thought they'd go to the fair and pig out. I'll meet up with Melissa then afterwards when they head back to school. Right now the dishwasher is running and I have sheets in the dryer. Hope I have time for a short nap before I go to the fair. lol

Tina
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Jeanne, I'm with Tammy----what new house????? :)

Tammy
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
This week, the Y has been closed for cleaning, maintenance, etc. Next week there are no classes. Next session starts the week of Labor Day. I had an email from the aerobics instructor, and she is going to do our class every day next week for free! I'm excited! I have been doing lots of walking with the fair, but I've missed the class. I rode my bike today, but not very long.

auntie
08-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi everyone,

What a week it has been!!! First my Daddy, then Pat, now me!!!! I went to the doctor about my foot. Oh no, I can't do anything little..... I have a Dorsal Bunion at the base of my big toe. It is a heredity kind of thing (not sure who to blame.... mom or dad). The doctor said as of then I will NEVER go barefoot or wear flips flops again! Not even just going to the bath room. Now I live with NO shoes and in flip flops. This is an arthritic condition too. So I got 2 cortisone shots in it, a steriod pack, and a lovely boot for aleast a week. I go back next week for him to check. I am suppose to take my shoes and he is going to fix the insoles. We hope that will help relieve the pain. If it doesn't, then he will do more insole repairs. As a last resort surgery with a 3 month recovery time which would be a the beginning of next summer! BOO!!! I almost cried in the office. I did when I got in the car.

Jeanne, what HOUSE???? tell us??

Tina, how do you feel?

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Oh if you didn't notice, I am feeling sorry for myself!!! Oh and I can't exercise for at least a week. Plus, the xrays show I have not 1 but 2 bone spurs on my heel. That would be one on each heel. Lucky me!!!!

Ladybug2680
08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
Hello ladies. Things here are busy as ever. I have spent the first 6 days of school getting my caseload organized, learning all my students names (I have about sixty), getting paperwork field out for FTE, making amendments, copying modifications/accommodations to give to reg ed teachers, and the list goes on and on. It's has been hectic for me and in turn I have turned to food. *sigh* When will I learn to eat the good stuff instead of the bad sigh.

Tammy - Congrats about getting Maurice. Growing up there was also at least one dachshund in our house. I absolutely love them. We have have had one named Shotzie, Sammy, Duchess, Rusty, Ladybug, Jitterbug, and Doodlebug. I wish I had one myself.

Jeanne - Congrats on your house. We have looked at a few, but our credit just isn't that wonderful. Perhaps one day we'll get it.

Tina - Hope your eye gets better.

Susan - Glad that you've met some friends. Hope your year goes well.

Tammy
08-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Susan, sorry about that bunion! No fun!! When I had a bone spur (I don't know if it's still there or not!!), I started wearing different shoes, and it helped alot. I started wearing Birkenstocks and Earth Shoes. I don't know if those would help you or not. I'm with you about wearing no shoes. The minute I get in the house, off they come. I don't wear flip flops though.

Dori, you have been busy! 60 students sounds like alot! At times while I was teaching, I wished that I would have ended up with a special ed position, but then I'd see all the paperwork involved, and I was glad that I had regular ed. I let my special ed certificate drop after about 8 years because of the cost of renewing it. I always felt that the special ed background helped me in the classroom though.

I go to the chiropractor at 9:30 today. Looking forward to it. She is so nice.
Then I have no idea what else I'll be doing. I do know that I need to catch up on my bible reading. I am so far behind on reading it in a year. I have to make a couple of calls again about bob's stuff. I wish I was finished with all of that.

jar1965
08-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Ladies! I just sat down and thought I'd take a quick minute to catch up!
The new house...............:carrot: It's a small red brick ranch with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a finished basement........It has a 2 car garage, paved drive and a Y A R D ! ! ! ! ! Woohoooo! The house we live in now is absolutely adorable but we have no yard, on street parking and the houses are so close together that it reminds you of "row" houses! We'll use it as a rental. Yay for an extra income!

My health..........Urghhhhh! I'm so sick of being sick! It is that diverticulosis which I am dealing with and will have to learn to live with, but if I could get on that high fiber and healthy diet - I'd probably be able to control it a little better. I'm working on it. My last flare up was - I'm thinking - was from sesame chicken (Smart Ones) because of the sesame seeds?!?!? But who really knows?!?!?!?

Enough about me..............

Susan - Hi! I'm sorry about that bunion too! I have had my share of "foot" issues in my day and have had the cortizone shots too! I hope that the pain eases up for you! Hope things at the new school are going well!

Dori - Hi. 60 students - is that 2 or 3 different classes? I hope you don't have all 60 at one time!

Tammy - Hello! You are staying busy......don't forget to rest and take care of yourself!

Tina - Yawwwwwn......it's 9:00 p.m. and I'm sooooo ready for bed! You mentioned how your doctor didn't return your call:mad::mad:!!!! WELL.......I just last week called my doctor on a friday morning (going into a weekend) hoping to get something for relief and.........yep.........THEY DIDN'T CALL ME BACK EITHER!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr. But lets not pay our doctor bills and they will call 10 times a day!!!!!! :mad: Sorry! Wooooosh, I guess I needed to get that off my chest! haha!

Maureen - Hi! Hope you are doing well! Hugs!

Ladybug2680
08-23-2008, 10:40 AM
I have sixty kids between 4 classes. I co teach 6th grade Math, 8th grade Science, and 8th grade GA studies. I teach 6/8th grade Math in a resource setting. It's crazy, but I love it. I truly feel I'm doing what God has called me to do.

Tammy
08-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Jeanne, the new house sounds nice! We'll all come for a house-warming party!!

Dori, I know what you mean about feeling like you are doing what God wants you to do. I know that I felt the same way about teaching. I truly enjoyed it, but dealing with the administration was another story. lol

Hmmm. I was thinking about jumping in the shower and going somewhere, but I just looked outside. The sky is getting a bit dark. Maybe I should check the weather channel before I head out. I don't like to be caught in storms.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Tina
08-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi all,
Susan, I'm so sorry about your foot. I wear Orthaheel Wave Sandals (flip flops) from Footsmart. I have a big bunion on the side of my right foot. You might look them up.
Jeanne, your house sounds great! Your weather sounds good, too. :) Also, have you tried Raisin Bran cereal? It has lots of fiber in each bowl.
Dori, you have your hands full.
Tammy, did the chiro help you?
Maureen, I hope you're doing okay. Have you told your sons yet?

I went back to the eye dr. yesterday and all was looking good. I just hate that eye dilation. I drove very, very slowly going home. :lol:
Everyone have a great OP weekend.

auntie
08-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi
The dr said no to any flipfopd sandals or barefeet. If I do he said it would be surgery. I have a specfic list of shoes with specfic requirements. It's because of the type it is and an arthritic condition.
My brother called and is coming to Daddy's party. They made sure to say they were going to one of her friends party afterwards so they so t stay long. He will be surprised when he sees my mom and dad.
Oh daddy got a wheel chair.

I will write more when I am not doing it from my phone. I promise tomorrow.

jar1965
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone! Today I went to my grandmas 92nd birthday/picnic! I had a nice time. I totally stayed OP. But..........with a 4# loss last week......it was my incentive. I didn't have any birthday cake and then when I got home I had a smart ones dessert. The chocolate cake with chocolate topping.

Tina - I love Raisin Bran!!! I alternate that and Kashi Go Lean. I also found a recipe today for 1 Pt. No Bake Cookies made with Fiber One Cereal, peanut butter, and chocolate bars! 1 POINT!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh, I can't wait to make them! Oh, I also bought Fiber One Pop Tarts at the store yesterday. 5 grams of fiber and only 3 points (I think). I had one tonight for a snack and it was pretty good.

Well, I was just hanging around the computer waiting to go to bed. Bob is on midnights, so I'll see him off here at 10:00 and then I'm going to bed. If I go now.........I'll be up (bright eyed and bushy tailed) at 4:00 a.m. haha!

I made baked zitti today! Mmmmm, scrumpous!!!!! I used lowfat ricotta, mozz. and parm. cheeses. I didn't check the point value but I'm sure you could make it for supper at 7 or 8 points per serving. Just thought I'd share that incase anyone was looking for some good lower point dinner ideas that the whole family would eat.;)

Good Night Girls~!
jeanne

jar1965
08-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Ladies! I feel so good today............:shrug: Yea, I know that is a good thing. Maybe it's my small weightloss. haha! I did take a sneek peek this morning on the scale and a saw a little movement again!!!!!!:carrot: But, I won't get to excited until Thursday!:yay:

So, I'm guessing since it is so quiet here that ya'all had a great OP weekend. I hung around home with the exception of my grandmas birthday. I have started cooking EVERY night for dinner! My family asked me why we have been eating at home so much. I should be ashamed. I responded with the economy come back!:D

Well tonight I am doing a live walk web cast with Leslie Sansone!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited. I'll let cha' know how that goes. Does anyone here have any of her dvds? I just love mine!

Well I better get back to work..............I've been here since 10 and haven't gotten anything done -

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Happy Monday to all!
Jeanne, it sounds like you had a great weekend. Congratulations for staying OP inspite of the birthday party.
I would love that baked ziti recipe. Please post it some time. :^:

We had a pretty lazy Sunday. After church, we went to Black Eyed Pea and I made good choices. :D Then we came home and I goofed off while Larry had to put in a new lock on one door.
Last night we got food from a deli. Something in it really upset my stomach.
I don't think I'll want to go back for a long time.

Susan, sorry about your poor foot. I surely don't want you to have surgery. I hope you don't have to stand on your feet all day at school.

Dori, how are your classes? Are the kids pretty good?

Maureen, I'm thinking about you!

Tammy, I know you miss Tim. It's nice that he's not too far away. You'll have to go stay in his spare bedroom.

Tammy
08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I went to the doctor this afternoon. He is putting me back on the dosage of bp medicine I was on before. He had just lowered the dose right before Bob passed. I have been taking it here at home, and up until the past several days, it has been fine. The doctor thinks it could be linked to Tim going back to school, and that since I am really here alone, that the grieving process might really just be starting. I think he could be right. He told me to take my bp several times a day and write it down. If it doesn't show improvement within a week, come back in. If it does, he wants to see me in a few months.

The life insurance check came today, so now I can pay the funeral home. I told the doctor that was a relief right there! I know that they were being patient about it, but it bothered me that I owed them. I think (hope) that most of the medical bills are paid.

Tina, when I went to the chiropractor that was the first time since I had been there in a few weeks. She told me, "You are a mess!" I think the stress is finally hitting. I go back to her on Friday.

Susan, glad your brother is coming to the party.

Jeanne, that's cool about the birthday party!! when I was a little girl, I went to my grandma's 16th birthday party! there was even a write up in the paper about it because this 16 year old had 13 children, lots of grandchildren, and some great-grandchildren. She was born on Leap Year, so it was kind of cheating to say she was 16 (really 64). I like baked ziti! Might have to make some soon. I have one of Leslie Sansone's dvd's but I haven't used it! I did have a tape that I used to use, but I think it got lost in the move a couple years ago.

Tim called last night to tell me he'll be home on Friday after his class. They don't have classes on Monday because of Labor Day, so he'll be here more than just overnight. I cried when he told me. What a wimp.

auntie
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi,
I survived the first day back at school. My kids were excited. The one that left at Christmas to go to Ecuador came back.

Tammy, grieving is an on going process. You have been grieving but it's just at a different stage. Yes you need to take care of yourself!!!!! With all that you've been through I'm surprised you were on bp medicine before.... oh and you are NOT A WIMP!!!!! Just a loving mom!!!

Jeanne, way to go on your weight loss!

I'm down. I am close to losing that 10 pounds! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Tina
08-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning,
Susan, glad you survived school. :) Wow, to losing all that weight. Want to lose some of mine for me!!!:)

Tammy, your doctor is correct. With Tim gone, your stress level is higher. I hope y'all have a good holiday weekend.

Jeanne, glad you are feeling better. How's your weather? :D There's another hurricane coming up the Carribean soon. It's that time of year----one after another.

Dori, come up for air and let us know how you're doing. :)

Maureen, do you have a place to live yet?

My eye feels so much better now. When I stop the eye drops, I hope it stays well.

jar1965
08-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone! I'm off today!!!! Wooohooooo! They are calling for rain here!
Locally all the kids are back to school so our street is nice and quiet!!!;) We can sit outside during the day and just hear the birds.......ok, well maybe you can hear the neighbors yapppppppy dogs too! 2 doors down - they raise chicuahuas! I believe there is a city ordinance, but, I guess they choose not to enforce it!
I was so excited to do that walk with Leslie Sansone only to remember that Kaitlin started dance at 7:00!:( So, I have nothing to post about it! Kaitlins dance goes with the school year so it started Monday night! It's her 7th year! Wow! Time flies. This year she dropped Jazz and took Hip Hop! She also does ballet and pointe ballet.
Jessica has had three interviews at salons, but she is really hoping for a specific one to call her back!

Tammy - Hello! That was funny about your grandma. I had to read it twice at first! haha! Because I couldn't get past the 16 year old wtih 13 kids to see that you said Leap Year!!!
Get that BP under control and take care of yourself! When I was 28 & 29 I lost both of my parents and my grandfather and an uncle on my husbands side - all in the year an a half! I was on BP med and anti-depressants! NOT TOOO MENTION I had a 1 year old! I think of you everyday and will continue to say a prayer for you!

Tina - Hi! I hope you didn't get too much rain with that latest storm. We haven't had any rain. Our yards are so dry and brown its pathetic! However.....they are calling for some today! We'll see!

Susan - Yay on that weightloss!!! Keep it up! And, I'm glad school is going well!

Hi Maureen & Dori!!! Post soon! We are all thinking about you!

Well girls I'm going to go and run the sweeper, dust and get caught up on laundry! Have a great OP day!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
A quick note to let y'all know about my brother-in-law. They removed his prostate gland and 3 nodes today. One node looked suspicious so it went with the gland to be checked. Would you believe, they might kick him out tomorrow. :)
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
After sitting in that hospital waiting room for 6 hours, I need to get on the treadmill and run!!!!!
Everyone stay OP.

auntie
08-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone had a good day! It was an interesting one for me. The fire alarm went off at school. I had to rush the kids out (it triggers my girlie's behavior). Then they made us rush to the football field and waited and waited. We finally got to come in. Now get this while waiting out there, the principal and 2 of the assistant principals came at various times to check on us. That never happened at the other school. Once we got inside, the electricity went out! That set her off a little then the special ed team leader came by to check on us. She isn't even my team leader but when I mentioned I might call my student's mom she said "do it". It was really hot and she didn't need to be in the heat. Mom came and picked her up.

I went to the foot dr. Don't have to wear the boot but got new pads in my insoles. I asked if this would correct my foot or if it was just prolonging surgery. He said "it will just put off having surgery and lessen the pain for now." So I think I might have it next summer but we will see. I go back in 2 weeks.

Jeanne, you lucky girl having the day off!!!!

Tina, hanging out at the hospital isn't fun! Your brother in law is in my prayers.

Tammy, how are you Honey?

Dori, are you as tired as I am? I'm exhausted and we still have a few days before the weekend!

Tammy
08-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Tina, glad the eye is better! Sorry to hear about your BIL. Keep us posted!

Jeanne, a day off! Good for you!! I enjoy sitting on the porch and listening to the birds too. When I have the windows open in the house, the finches are beautiful right outside the computer room.

Susan, when you said you had to wait at the football field, my first thought was a bomb threat. That happened to us a couple of times. That's nice that people are looking out for you and your students. Boo on surgery!

My bp was down a bit tonight, so maybe the medicine is going to start working. I do know that I feel better. Met a friend for lunch today. It was supposed to be 2 friends, but one of them thought we were meeting tomorrow. We scheduled a lunch date next week too, and I emailed both of them with the date, time, etc. Maybe they'll both mark their calendars.

Tomorrow morning the woman comes to clean again. I don't think it will take her long this time. The first time she cleaned down all the kitchen cupboards for me. I am really glad that Bob and I had decided to do this. At least I know that things will be clean once a month!! lol Then I'll go try to give blood again. Tomorrow night I'm getting together at a friend's house for a Pampered Chef party. I don't need anything, but I'll go. I'd rather do something else. lol

jar1965
08-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh NOOOOOO! I ate two donuts today!!!!! :club::cry:

~jeanne

Tina
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Jeanne, that's okay. I had yogurt with 1 cup of fresh blueberries for my lunch. I'll take the calories from one of those donuts. See, you didn't eat so much afterall. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jar1965
08-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks Tina!;) haha!

Well I'm headed out to a family picnic! It has been a busy busy August and this wraps it up! Yay! One more biggie left and that is vacation Sept. 13 - Florida - if my husbands company doesn't pull vacations in his department which they are talking about!!!! :p I'll be mad! :o

So the picnic today.........I'm kinda here for some "you can do its"! I made the baked ziti, low fat style and the fruit cocktail fluff, all light and a veggie pizza - I made more than usual hoping to eat "my" things over others to stay OP! Its the meatballs, ribs, hotdogs, and on and on that I must stay away from! Dang picnics anyways!:devil:

Ok, I better go get the troops moving it is an hour drive to the lake and it starts at 1:00!!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks girls!
Hope you all have a wonderful day and can't wait to hear how you guys spent your weekend!
Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
08-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi,
Okay Jeanne---:cb::cheer2:Tammy has always been our cheerleader but I'll try my hand at it. :) :cheer3:
You can do this today. You can definitely stay OP at the picnic. Wow, you made such great things. I hope they don't all get eaten up before you have some to eat. :D:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Susan, how are you feeling, my friend?

Tammy, I know you are having a great time with Tim home. What do you have planned?

Dori, you are too quiet.

Maureen, let us know how things are coming along. We care!

Well, the hurricane is now a category 3 and may become a 4 any time now! Larry and I went to Home Depot this morning and bought plywood to cover some of the big windows. Wow, that stuff is expensive. It was $12 each. If it looks like Houston will take a hit, David will come over and help us put this stuff up.
I've gotten the water and canned foods.
Living near the coast can be quite a challenge. :lol:

auntie
08-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi,
Well, it's over!!! I took the test yesterday!!! It took me 4 1/2 hours. ALL day long. On the way, I had to stop at a gas station because I felt sick and picked up some rolaids. The test was HARD!!! I just hope I passed!

Pat has a heart monitor for the next 14 days. Of course he is out mowing!!!! I got my haircolored this morning. Yea!!!

My foot still hurts and after the dr on Wed. I asked a lot of questions. Didn't like my answer..... he said "we are just buying time until I can have surgery." Not what I wanted to hear.

Tina, I am worried about you! If you need to head this way. I know we are a long way off but you are more than welcome to come. Glad you got supplies!!

Jeanne, You can do you it!!!!!!! You've done a great job and will make it through the picinic.

Dori, are you surviving school?

Tammy, enjoy Tim!!!! I know you both are happy to be with each other!!!

I'm glad Monday is a holiday and then I'm taking Friday off to go to SA. The party for Daddy is Saturday and he is a little excited. I leave Thursday night. I'm excited myself!!!

Off to clean a little. I have a migraine brewing and have already taken my imitrex. Hopefully I got it before it comes on strong and it will pass on by :)

You guys are the best!!!!!!

Tina
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Me again!
Susan, I so glad that testing is done with. I'm sure you did fine.
Men!!! I guess mowing would show if something was really wrong, you think!
Has he ever talked to his neurologist?

Jeanne, how was the picnic?

We went to James Coney Island for lunch today. That's this great hot dog place. They fix them any way you want. I like mustard, onions and, of course, chili. I had two! I know, it wasn't the healthy thing to have. Otherwise, I'm stayin OP today.:D

Susan, thank you for the offer. I have thought about coming to see you, if necessary. I knew you wouldn't mind. Larry doesn't think this will hit us. He really thinks New Orleans will get it, again. I'm sorry for them. At least, this time they are evacuating people and have supplies ready.

Fruit----what's your favorite fruit right now?
for me, it's blueberries .

auntie
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hot Dogs.... I love them!!!! I like the just about anyway but without pickle relish!! I sometimes just eat them frozen! Just like when I was a kid :D

My stomach has been a little upset today. Pat said "I don't think your stomach is healed." I honestly think it is stress that has it acting up.

I love blueberries, I like to buy them and put them in the freezer and eat them that way. I also throw them on my cereal. I have to agree it's blueberries at the present time.

Tammy
08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to say that Tim and I really aren't doing much. Talking, eating, watching tv, eating, talking some more, eating. lol

Keeping an eye on the hurricane situation! Be careful!!!! Ohio is out of the way, come on up!!!

jar1965
08-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone!
Tina - I'm worried about you too! Yikes, boarding up the windows! Keep us posted and stay safe! You did a wonderful cheering job! Thank you! Oh, and I LOVE hotdogs too! We have a Coney Island too!

Susan - Hi! I'm sure you did awesome on the test! Make sure to let us know when you find out!

Tammy - Hi! I'm glad Tim is home with you this weekend! Enjoy!

Hi Dori & Maureen!

Well, I survived the picnic and I ate my stuff plus a grilled chicken breast! But............then I had a small pc. of white cake with strawberries and coolwhip. Not too bad! TODAY HOWEVER.....I can't stay out of the leftovers! Yikes! Well, my 21 year old is down stairs doing DDR and my 16 year old is upstairs doing Jillian Michaels....so.......I'm going to get my "little" dvd player and go do Leslie Sansone in the living room!! Haha! I feel guilted!!
Have a great night girls!
Hugs~
jeanne

auntie
08-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Jeanne,
I laugh when you said they guilted you!!! How is that Jillian Michael's DVD? I've been thinking about getting it.

jar1965
08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
PS - FRUIT - right now it's fresh peaches!

Susan - Ha! I'm sorry but I had to laugh when you asked "how is Jillian Michaels workout dvd"!!!!! I'M TOOOOO OLD FOR THAT! I can't even get through the warm - up! My daughter loves loves it!!!! She is all into that though! She is 16 and weighs 120# and thinks she needs to lose 6#! I worked out with Leslie tonight......the resistant bands and a 1 mile walk! Yepppers, thats my pace! :D

Hugs~
jeanne

Susan - Kaitlin just walked in and she says to tell you it is great!!

Tina
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Happy Labor Day to all Americans!!!
Thanks to everyone for your concern. As of now, we don't have to worry about the hurricane bothering us much. There are some clouds coming in now and there's a nice breeze. We expect some rain to start this evening and stay all day tomorrow. Wind gusts of about 20-25 mph should happen tomorrow.
We're very happy it didn't veer to the left toward us. And, it's great that New Orleans was spared the worst of it. That city seems to be holding up well.
Now I have all this bottled water and canned food. :lol: That should help my budget for a little while. :lol:
We went out and walked a mile this morning.

How is everyone doing today???

auntie
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi All,

Tina, are you getting rain yet?

Jeanne, That is so funny about the DVD. I don't think I could do it myself!!!! That woman is insane but then again if I had her for a trainer I might be skinny! :D I wish I only had 6 pounds to lose, wouldn't that be great!!!!

I checked, still nothing on my test. I'm about to die I want to know. They said it would be 2-5 days, guess that doesn't mean including the weekend and holiday.

It is going to be a short week for me. I'm off today and then I'm taking off on Friday. I fly out on Thursday night. Can't wait to see my family. I will let you know all about the party.

We are cooking steak and chicken this afternoon. Actually it's buffalo, it's suppose to be really lean. I will let you know how it is.

What is everyone else doing?

Tina
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't Post Here!!!

Jeanne has started a September thread. :)