Exercise! - AUGUST Walk/Run/Steps CHALLENGE

View Full Version : AUGUST Walk/Run/Steps CHALLENGE

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
The dog days of August are upon us ~ Summer is winding down

Time to get rid of that extra baggage before fall comes and those comfort foods tempt us :)

Get out and walk, run or step off those pounds folks

Then post your success here :)

Good luck!

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Well Angie is gone so I took the dogs out by myself for 4 miles this morning. It was so nice and cool and quiet! I must have just been ahead of most of our neighborhood morning traffic!

I am setting my goal the same as last month. I was over in July but soon I will be out of town for a while and I'm not sure if I will be able to get my miles in when I am gone.

I hope you all have a great month of exercise!

4/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeah! Here I come! I set my goal higher, due to the rules of the Step Diet. We'll see!

:carrot:

lovnmom
08-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm sticking with the 31 hours that seems to be working for me, even though I didn't come close to getting 31 in July. In my defense though I only took the time to add up my walking hours no other "activities." Anyhoo, I am adding that of those 31 hours I want no less than 6 hours to have come from yoga. I have really ignored the strength training since the warmer spring weather came.
Good luck all!!!

2 hours of 31 hours woo hoo ahead already...thanks for the 5K challenge Gary!

8.5 miles

I got out and did another 3.5 all by myself while my children were at the library using the computers. They like to go, because then they can go on interactive games and play against each other. Anyway, it feels real good to get in 12 miles today. I'm going shopping tomorrow and all that walking today gives me the green light at the Chinse Buffet. There is a method to my madness!! That means I was just 4 tenths of a mile short of 4 5K's for today. Woo hoo!!!

3 of 31 hours
12 walk miles

Great job on, the 1st of August, to you too Gary!!!

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Way to bump it up SASSY!

You just keep movin' LOVNMOM! doesn't matter if it gets recorded or not...but it does give us goals to shoot for. Glad you're getting a little break.

Well, with Angie gone I was bored so I went into the garage gym and did 3 miles on the treadmill while I watched TV.

7/75 MILES..... Not a bad start to August!

Have a great week-end!

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 10:50 AM
My "personal trainers" and I went out for 3.5 this morning. It was nice and cool here at 6am so we headed out before a second cup of coffee.

10.5/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Added another 5 on the treadmill this afternoon. Jumped on for 80 minutes while I watched some msnbc stuff. Probably need to dump some calories after my heart attack lasagna last night and for lunch!

15.5/75 MILES

lovnmom
08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Starting my day with Sunday School and then a 5 mile walk. I'm posting in advance because I'm busy busy today. Taking the kids to see Wall-E. I heard it's not all that funny, but a good movie.
Have a terrific Sunday everyone!

4.25 of 31 hours
17 walk miles

Cinm
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

I don't know what to set my goal at.I just started last week with diet and exercising.So I am doing stationary bike ,100 push ups in 6 weeks challenge and doing actual biking and walking.I live in the country on dirt road with hills so when I bike I only do 3km but it is a killer.

So last week this is how it went

Monday-13km stationary bike 3 km walk /push ups
Tuesday-13km SB biked 3 km
Wednesday-13 Km walked 3 km /push ups
Thursday- biked 3 km
Friday -Biked 3 km /push ups
Saturday -Off
Sunday - will go biking

All days also swim
The actual biking when I started my heart felt like it was going to come through my chest.Now not so bad but it is a hard work out I find.
I am down 5 lbs first week .

Cin

sassybiscuit
08-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Cinm - WELCOME! :D

Good job getting started! It seems that we are on the same path. You sure are doing alot!

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Well I didn't get another 5K in today with Angie. I forgot it was meet and greet for our golden retriever group. We took our mutts to the local park after church. Our group is the entire county but this month they met at our local dog park....had to go....dogs got their 5K and then some in!

Have a great week!

Cinm
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome sassybiscuit I so want to loose this weight.It never really bothered me until two weeks ago when I met a doctor and he asked me if I was healthy and I said yes I have no health issues and he said just your weight then.:mad: I have always sat around 190 195 but since the twins 205-209 :^:So time to get moving.

I did 15 km on the bike this afternoon cause it was pouring rain 2 more then what I was doing last week and then the sky's cleared up and I did 3 km power walk with 3 big hills in it.

Cin

sassybiscuit
08-03-2008, 11:45 PM
I have always been a bigger girl, staying around 189 forever, then for some reason (which I can't point out) I moved up to 210. My highest weight ever was 220. That was after my son was born. I've been up that high since.

I agree.... it's time to get moving! You're doing ALOT of it! :)

EZMONEY - I love goldens! I have one too, his name is Ripley. He's a trouble-maker, but sweet as ever. We have a golden club here too, which is a real treat to see them all together!

lovnmom
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
cin, Welcome to 3FC. Whether you've set a goal or not it looks like you're grabbing thee brass ring of exercise. I'm really proud of you!!! It's terrific that you're noticing it getting easier already. WTG! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

sassy, Well you encouraged me to go out and buy a stepometer. Honestly, I've been wasting a lot of gas and time driving around mapping out new routes to walk. I wore it on a route I know to be 5 miles and after adjusting the stride length it measured pretty accurately. I only paid $4.88 for it at Wal-Mart so I pretty happy about that...it takes me 2263 steps to walk a mile!!! That just seems like so many lol It's going to be fun wearing it though. I'm hoping to find that I move more than I think...I first wore one years ago that McD's gave away for free and found out that I moved hardly at all unless I did a planned walk lol but then DS clipped it to his bicycle tire to see how that worked and let's just say, not so well!! Good luck with your stepin'

Gary, I love the new avatar always a treat to see pictures of the babies.

DD starts VB camp today giving me two hours to kill. Planning to walk if the rains go away. I'll post later how much. Just wanted to pop in and say good morning.

4.25 of 31 hours
17 walk miles

sassybiscuit
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
lovnmom- I hope you like wearing it. I feel like I'm naked if I forget the pedometer now. It was an awakening to me that I wasn't moving near as much as I thought that I was. It's funny about your DS putting it on his bike. I had to reset mine this morning because I woke up to 2000 steps! WHAT? I asked my DS and he said he was "helping". :)

lovnmom
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Sassy, Today it has been fascinating that I am actually moving a lot more in my day to day life, not counting my planned walks, then I used to. I guess it really has become a lifestyle change. How old is your DS. Did he get those 2,000 steps just watching morning cartoons? lol My children get more "exercise" during their couch potato time than I do when I'm trying!!! lol

I did get out and do 5 miles while DD was at volleyball camp. The rain held off until about 5 min after I was finished and then a regular T-storm started up. I felt so lucky. Feeling a little blah now though. My house needs cleaning and I hate cleaning house on dreary days. I just want to curl up with my book and maybe snooze, but we're palnning to go away this weekend and there's nothing more depressing than coming home to housework. So, I guess I better hop to it!
Have a great Monday.

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Jumped on the treadmill for 4 miles after work. No dog walks for a few days, my one mutt has leg issues and I think she over did it at the park yesterday.

CIN ~ great job! You are really going for it :carrot:

SASSY ~ too bad those extra steps can't benefit you by default! :)

LOVNMOM ~ Kids here started VBS today too. One of my niece's is helping out with the little ones...she's all grown up at 12 ;) I find it hard sometimes to take care of "chores" around here if I have a good day of "miles" That balance thing will come, right now I want the weight to go bye-bye!

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK GALS!

19.5/75 MILES

lovnmom
08-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Good morning all!

Gary, My daughter started Volley Ball camp yesterday. Our V.B.S. was back in June. I think it's cool that your niece is a "grown up" helper. I wish my oldest would get involved helping with the little ones at church, but truth is she is not good with small children. Thankfully, she does use her gifts though. She's been singing in the adult choir for two years already. Now my youngest loves the little ones and helps me most Sundays with my class.

My DF Lori will be running a marathon this weekend in Hurley. Thankfully, she is willing to do some of her training in walking with me. The plan today is to do 8 miles during V.B. She's driving to town even though she has no V.B. players in her family. I feel blessed to have gotten to know her better this summer. Both of my daughters have one of her sons in their class so, we've spent a lot of time at the same ball games, band concerts and Christmas programs, but this summer we've been able to take the friendship to the next level....This walking thing has so many benefits!

Have a happy Tuesday!

30 walk miles
7.5 hours of 31

Cinm
08-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Morning everyone.

I got in 15k on the bike yesterday and my push ups (no walk).Will do another 15k on the bike today and get a power walk in if it doesn't pour rain again.

sassybiscuit
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
lovnmom - I am so glad to hear that you are moving more than you thought! That's awesome! My DS is 7... beautiful boy. He was just running and such, just being a boy I guess! He is SO sweet to me. :) He's a lot like his father, which is a good thing. My DH is crazy intelligent and "black and white". I'm "all gray"! I have two dogs, one of which is a girl (a Sheltie), we stick together against all these boys! lol My DH makes fun of me for cleaning the house before we leave on a trip... I agree! There is nothing worse than coming home tired and seeing all kinds of housework to be done!

EZMONEY - You're amazing! I love to take my dogs for a walk too, but my Sheltie has knee issues. She can walk for a little bit, but then it gets the best of her. I bought her a doggie stroller. I get laughed at, but at least she still gets to go with the family! I have a hard time keeping up with housework, work, kid and steps too. I'm still trying to figure out the balance too.

Cinm - Holy wow! You are moving a lot! I looked at the picture on your profile, you have a great looking family!

I can't believe that I did it, but I finally took the leap... I signed up for Muay Thai Kickboxing lessons. I've been thinking about it for some time, but everyone always seem to think that it's "not me". I was listening to them, but then I decided to listen to myself. Listening to everyone else has not always served me well. My first lesson is tonight.

I only told DH that I was doing it. He's completely supportive, like always, but did poke a bit of fun at me last night. I couldn't reach the remote and he said "You're arms are too short, you'll never hit the bag"... then I said "I'll use my legs then"... he replied "I think your arms are longer." LOL! He's such a smarty. I told him he better be nice to me because one day I might just be able to "take him down". :)

I'm going to keep it a "secret" until I figure out if it is for me or not. It's OK if it isn't, but I feel like I won't know until I try. Otherwise, it will turn out to be one of those things on my list of things I wish I would have tried. I'm nervous because I'm a big girl and I don't want to be surrounded by "thinnies", but I bet it'll be OK. We'll see!

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Gals ~Off today and Angie has conferences so I took the dogs out for a easy 1.5 walk this morning, still taking it easy on my one dogs tired leg. I also jumped on the treadmill for 4 while I watched the news channel.

CIN ~ Great job! Hope the rain is easy on you.

LOVNMOM ~ Oh...that VB...that's what I get for "speed reading" I hope my niece does better than her brother, the knucklehead that I am guardian of. He was hired by our day care, right after he graduated 8th grade from school there, to "supervise" the younger kids in their games for summer camp. Within 5 minutes he "became" one of the group and not the leader...the director kept giving him chances to "lead" but he was just still too much into "play"...he was let go after 2 weeks. They told him to apply the following year. Every move made was done with my knowledge and permission. He just wasn't ready. He did do better as a volunteer at VBS.

Have a great day ladies.

25/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
WOW! SASSY! I was typing when you posted...GREAT JOB!! I am so proud of you!!

Cinm
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Sassy~That's great and i am glad you didn't listen to everyone.I hope you prove them all wrong and it is for you.

Seems like there are a lot of dog people on here also.I am also own 6 four legged friends.3 French bulldogs and 3 German shorthaired pointers .

sassybiscuit
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
OH MY GOSH... KICKBOXING ROCKS!

I went to the class and it was awesome. My knee went kaput when I was jump-roping, so I won't be able to do it in the near future, but I plan on doing it someday.

I can't believe how good of a workout it was. It made me sweat like crazy! I learned all kinds of new things. I've never aimed to hit anyone in my life. It felt really good to learn.

I recommend it. WOW! I spent 45 minutes doing stuff and it felt like about 5! That solved it... nobody knows me better than ME! It is SO for me!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Cinm
08-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Sassy~Glad you had fun and you took the leap and did it.Sorry about the knee.

Well i got in 15 k and a power walk of 3 k i am burnt and sore.

lovnmom
08-06-2008, 09:33 AM
cinm, Great job..you are rockin' out the exercise. WTG!

Sassy, It's so cool that you tried something new. It can be so scary to step out of our box especially when others are convincing us to stay in. I'm sorry your knee gave out. Maybe a supportive wrap of some kind to wear just for this class. My oldest DD (almost 15) has knee issues and they have terrific supports that are under $10 at Walmart...just a thought. Have a great day!

Gary, Hope you enjoyed your day off!!

Well, it's back to town for V.B. camp today. I'm going to cut my walk to 5 miles so I can watch my DD for awhile...you have to realize she is 11, barely over 4 ft tall and weighs less than 70 pounds, but I'm getting reports from the instructor that she serves overhand like a champ and is really grasping setting the ball with the tips of her fingers (palms are not allowed). I don't have high hopes for her to ever be very tall so setting and good serves will be her passport to playing rather than sitting the bench. She's so much smaller than everyone, but she also works much harder than most. I'm very proud...
Have a terrific Wednesday!

35 miles
8 hours and 45 min of 31

EZMONEY
08-06-2008, 12:26 PM
LOVNMOM ~ Good luck to your daughter! I have seen amazing growth spurts from kids my kids hung out with....you just never know...although it seems her genes come from someone on the "not too tall" side....wink

CIN ~ great job on the work-out!

SASSY ~ You rock girl! Do you have any idea how long this set-back will be? How you doing today?

Well I took the dogs out for 3 this morning then did 2 on the treadmill after a quick errand for work.

Have a great day ladies!

30/75 MILES

cakses
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Ok I am going to log miles this month. Goal will be 30 since I am getting a late start.

I ran a mile yesterday - that's about all I can do now. Soooo out of shape. That will change though. Enough of this sedentary lifestyle!

1.7/30

sassybiscuit
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
lovnmom and EZMONEY - Kickboxing was awesome. It was scary trying something new... all alone! My knee is hurting like crazy today, I'm trying to get my steps in but I can't get on the treadmill and there only so much walking I can do at work. I took some ibuprofen, so I hope it helps. I have no idea how long this will last, though I plan on going to the doctor about it in the very near future. I think that I need surgery, at least that's what they said last time. This might just be the motivation that I need to actually have it done!

cakses - Welcome! Running a mile is a lot... I'm not sure that I could run the whole thing, even with great knees! Keep logging those miles!

Well, off for another 500 step route. As of right now, I only have 2500 steps today. YIKES! I need 12,500! OMG!

Cinm
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Cakes ~ I could never run a mile that is a good start.

Sassy~ can i ask how long it took you to get to your current weight?.I so want to be out of the 200 the scale has not moved this week yet and i am working my butt off and eat about 1200 calories a day.

sassybiscuit
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Cinm - I have been losing about 1.5 pounds a week, though right now I am more at 1.8. It hasn't been fast and I "stalled" for almost 3 weeks. I was at 196 for all that time, dropped to 194 and now I'm at 193, all in a matter of 1.5 weeks! I have no idea why it works like that. I was at 204 on 6/25 and 193 on 8/5/08. (6 weeks, 11 pounds lost, 1.8 pounds per week). I do not watch what I eat. I eat it if I want it. The only food change that I have made is drinking a Slim Fast shake in the morning, as I didn't use to eat breakfast. I have been logging LOTS more steps though. Perhaps you will lose faster!

lovnmom
08-07-2008, 09:12 AM
cakeses, Welcome back...it's great to see you again. You're off to a good start!!

Sassy, Surgery...ouch. Prayers for quick healing.

cinm, Try not to get discouraged. Just keep on keeping on and you'll see a loss.

It's the last day of V.B. camp for DD...a friend and I will walk for some of it. I'm planning just 4 miles and hopefully all flat terrain. I've walked hills 4 days in a row and my legs are screaming for a break, but we're heading for Six Flags this weekend and I know I will be eating and drinking many a things off plan...I need to do some magor work before we go so it doesn't do any real damage!!!
Have an awesome Thursday!

39 walk miles
9 hours and 50 min of 30 hours

sassybiscuit
08-07-2008, 10:38 AM
lovnmom - Have fun at Six Flags! We're going to the Indiana State Fair and Holiday World in the next couple of weeks. I need to be doing some extra too!

Cinm - The pounds WILL leave, just keep at it. If your like me, it's hard because I want them to magically disappear, but they are going. Slowly, but surely. :)

I can't believe it, but I was REALLY determined yesterday. I hurt my knee and it was stiff and sore all day yesterday. I have been doing so well on my steps and I'm at the point now (12,500 per day) that there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room. If I totally goof up on a day, then I may not be able to make them up. It worried me all day. Yesterday was the first day of my week, so at least I had that going for me. Slowly, but surely I went for walks and by 11:30pm, I had 12,656! I made it! I kind of amazed myself. Persistence pays! Now I am not as worried about the rest of the week. I need to get them today too, but now I feel like I should have NO problem!

Hope this finds you all well!

Cinm
08-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Sassy ~Glad you got them all in and more.I am sure you will be fine the rest of the week.

lovnmom~Have fun at six flags,i am off to a wedding saturday i am sure the diet will be right out the window and i won't have time for my walk or bike.

Thanks for the encouragement I need it.I was so sore last night when I went to bed.I walked 3 k the hills are killing me 4 big ones and then I did my 15 k it was really hard ii almost gave up at 12k I got off and stood there for a min but then got back on and finished.My legs are sore should I skip today or do half or just go and do the hole 15???

I stepped on the scale this am to find out it is not working right:mad:I picked it up put it down like 5 times and all different readings and not with in a pound or 2 within 5lbs .So who knows if I lost going to go buy a new one.Dh says he can see a difference my tummy went down :D

lovnmom
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
sassy, great job!! You must be very determined if you were able to get in all your steps even with an injury. What's Holiday World??

cinm, good luck scale shopping...I always step on mine twice, especially if the reading is really terrific or really awful. Sometimes it reads differently because a toy or something got underneath it. More than once a darn lego has nearly given me a heart attack...how'd I gain 6#!!!!! Oh phew, a lego under there lol

I was a little nervous for my walk this morning. My good friend text me to let me know her hubby was walking with us! But, but, how I can I talk GIRL talk with a man along lol The three of us actually had a nice walk and I think he has a knew respect for what his wife does...at mile 4 we were back to the school, we usually turn down another street to add the 5th mile...Mel says to him, "are you doing the extra mile with us?" Dave was like....blahhh, I might as well. You guys are crazy though hee hee Maybe!!
Hope your Thursday has been good!

EZMONEY
08-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Long day but took the dogs out for 2 tonight! just keep pushing!

32/75 MILES

lovnmom
08-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Gary, It sounds like you're being overworked..sorry to hear that. I see you're burning up the miles though!!

I did no exercise yesterday..I was busy preparing for our weekend away. Yippeeee! This is the first 2 WHOLE days in a row my husband has taken off since June last year!! My best friend and her family are hitting the road with us today. My niece lives just over the border in IL so today we're going to meander down to her house playing mini golf and stuff on the way..We're having a terrific cook out tonight. I'm taking rib eyes and my friends hubby is bringing fresh salmon he just caught last week..put that with a few beers and wine and we'll all call it good...then the next two days are being spent at Six Flags. Mel's children have never been there so it should be an awesome time. Lots of kicking back with good friends. So, I won't be chatting again until Tuesday morning. You all hold down the fort while I'm gone!!!

sassybiscuit
08-09-2008, 10:50 AM
lovnmom - You cracked me up with the lego thing. I too am amazed at all the places they show up! :D Have fun on your trip... it sounds like a blast!

Cinm - Did you find a scale? How are ya?

EZMONEY - You sure are burning up miles!

I made my steps the first 2 days after hurting my knee, though it's not so much my knee now as it is my calf muscle. It feels like I have had a Charlie-Horse for 2 days. My DH tried to get it out, though he was also trying to keep me from crying with the pain. OUCH! I only got 7100 steps yesterday, I just couldn't do it. ARGGGG... it is SO frustrating to me. I've been thinking and decided that there is no point in having an unrealistic goal. My goal for this week was 12,500 and there is NO WAY that I am going to get that everyday. So I've decided, in light of my current state, to change my goal for the rest of the week to 10,000 steps. I've got some making up to do from yesterday, but now at least I have hope. I adjusted next week to compensate me getting back to full speed and will be officially back on the same track as before on 8/20. I don't feel like I am taking it easy on myself, but have any of you ever changed your goals before? I had a hard time deciding to do it. It makes me mad that I had to, but I was afraid I would give up if I knew that they were flat out unrealistic for right now. :?:

EZMONEY
08-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hope you have a great time LOVNMOM

Hope that leg gets better quickly SASSY...lovin' that spirit!

Angie and I did our Starbucks walk with the dogs this morning.

35.5/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVNMOM
:bday2you:

I hope you had a great weekend!

sassybiscuit
08-11-2008, 09:01 AM
:woo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:hb:

Sorry I've been away, I hope it was fantastic!

Cinm
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
Sassy~No scale i was so busy i just didn't have time.I am going to get one tomorrw.It is driving me crazy i need to know if i lost anything:dizzy:..How is the knee?

Happy Birthday Lovenmom

sassybiscuit
08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
YEAH! I'm steppin! WHOO-HOOO!

My leg is achy, but I'm ok and glad of it!

EZMONEY
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
I am going out of town for work for a couple of weeks or more. I may or may not have computer access.

Keep up the good work gals!

cakses
08-12-2008, 02:02 PM
1.75 today. Did intervals and it was waaaaay harder than a straight run. I just might have found something to wake my body up from it's hibernation!

3.45/30 - will be doing more walking this month than running on my new plan but hey 30 miles is 30 miles right?

sassybiscuit
08-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Lovnmom - I think I forgot to tell you about Holiday World. It's an amusement park in Indiana that caters to the smaller crowd. My 7 yo son loves it there, he can ride everything. Plus, their water park is terrific! I think that it might be the cleanest park I've ever been to. :hug:

cakses
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Did another 1 mile last night. Will probably do more tonight.

4.45/30

cakses
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
1.8 miles today. Didn't do extra last night but I think I am going to have to in order to keep my muscles looser.

6.25/30

sassybiscuit
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm back on track and life is pretty good! I have to get 13,000 steps today, so I better get moving!

cakses
08-16-2008, 01:53 PM
.3 warm up yesterday (hey every bit counts) and 1.8 this morning!

8.35/30

lovnmom
08-19-2008, 09:33 AM
1st, thanks so much for all the wonderful birthday wishes. We really did have a terrific time. So good in fact that we pretty much extended our vacation to more days off, but closer to home. I've been on the run having fun, but did no real exercise until yesterday. I'm sorry if you all felt abandoned here. I'm back to cheer you all on.
Sassy, I think changing your goal to something more doable during an injury makes perfect sence. It's so much better to do a little less than to quit all together. In fact this time last year I cut my exercise way back to a maintainance level just because I get so busy in the fall. Soccer board, Cub Master, Confirmation teacher, back to school, son's in FB, daughter's in volleyball, etc...I've already made the adjustment this year again as well. I think it actually does my body good and I get a good jump start to my matabolism when I hit it hard again in November...anyhoo, nuff about me, so glad your leg is doing better. I'm very proud that you kept on going in spite of it. WTG!!!
cakeses, yes, EVERY bit does count. Great job!
cinm, hope all's well.
Gary, I sure hope work is going well. I missed your wit the entire time I was off having fun. Hope to read you soon!

46 miles walked / no yoga shame on me!!!

cakses
08-19-2008, 11:45 AM
1.8 miles today. Probably not going to make my goal unless I add in some walks.

10.15/30

EZMONEY
08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Boy, I was out of town and away fro a computer for 11 days...didn't miss much....

I was able to get some miles in after long days in temps over 100 for most of the days.

Took my "personal trainers" for 3 this morning when i got back...I suremissed that while I was gone!

Time to crack that whip gals!

55/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Angie had a 6am yoga training session so we didn't get our Saturday Starbucks walk in. I took the dogs out for 3 miles though. We are going to church tonight so we may try a new route in the morning.

58/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Angie and I went to church last night so we took the dogs on a new walk this morning. It is a new area near us, 6 minutes away by car. We had a great walk and great coffee at the coffee shop....Starbucks walk may be a thing of the past for us. There is a lot less traffic on the new route. But then Angie and I alwasy try new routes to keep it interesting.

Feel like I am talking to myself here!

I will be gone all week again.....see you all next Friday or so.

Have a great week of walking/running/steps.

61/75 MILES

lovnmom
08-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, is everyone posting their exercise on another thread??? Gary, please PM me if you are....I unexpectedly went away on a couple extra trips I had not planned and have been gone awhile sorry for letting the love die.

only 8 "real" miles in the past couple weeks

54 walk miles and still no yoga!!!

lovnmom
08-29-2008, 01:06 PM
58 miles walked

walked 4 more with Lori yesterday...quite a lazy month, but I've had a lot of fun and I'll still be averaging a 2 mile walk every other day. That's not too bad.
Take care all.

EZMONEY
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Good to see I still have one buddy :hug: left here LOVNMOM ;) I am glad you have been having a good time and have not STOPPED! your exercise!

No, I am not posting my miles on another thread. I have been working out of town a lot and hadn't had access to a computer. I am in an company apartment now that I share with another employee and my boss when he is at the job. He lets me use his laptop when he is there and doesn't need it. I was able to snag it for a few minutes a couple of nights.

I am back home for the week-end. Angie and I will do our 3FC Back To School 5K at some point. We will do it at our new :coffee: coffee route.

I wasn't able to get any miles in after work this week but I did grab the dogs for 3 miles as soon as I hit the door this morning....after driving 500 miles last night!

Have a great Holiday Week-End TEAM!

64/75 MILES

EZMONEY
08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Angie and I did our 3FC Labor Day 5K today. Had a great time with wonderful weather and company....then finished it off with coffee and treats for the dogs.

67/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Hello all! I'm here, just lazy and busy. I'm doing alright. I'm getting 14,000 steps a day. It's a challenge and taking away from time to do other things!

lovnmom
08-30-2008, 05:47 PM
It's terrific to hear from both of you!!!!

Gary, sounds like your workload is pretty rough. You and Angie found a new coffee spot you're liking? Is it still 3 miles then? Most important is the coffee as good. It must be good to walk first thing in the morning you know!! Have an awesome weekend! Is the lovely Angie back to school or not until after the holiday?

Sassy, still getting your 14,000 steps a day, that's terrific. I'm slowing a little, because I'm trying for maintenance mode until Nov. I've found it's easier for me to lose when I give myself both the physical and mental break from "it all" for a couple months...keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

I'm doing my 5k tomorrow, but hoping to make it a 10k...we shall see!!

EZMONEY
08-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi LOVNMOM ~ Yep Angie and I found a new "coffee walk" spot....or rather we were waiting for it to be built. It is an area about 3 miles from us, takes us about 6 minutes to drive over to it. It is a new industrial area with several new buildings. There is also a new Extended Stay hotel and several restaurants, sit down and take out. We ate at the Italian restaurant last week-end and at the BBQ With Soul place tonight before church. Anyway, there is a It's A Grind coffee shop there too. The roads are well landscaped and pretty free of traffic on week-end mornings. Angie has mapmyrun'd several routes for us. Today we did about a 3.2 miler for the 3FC 5K. There are several roads with a lot of flat and hill areas to choose from. We just park at the coffee shop then take off for about an hour, come back and have coffee and tea while the mutss have their water and "cookies"

One reason we went to church tonight...so we can go in the morning and spend some time together since I go back to Sacramento on Tuesday for about 11 days until I come home again.

Have a great Sunday and Labor Day!

EZMONEY
08-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah LOVNMOM, Angie is back to school. She started 2 weeks ago, the first week w/o kids but all last week with them. My son and dil start teaching for this year on Tuesday with kids, they started back w/o kids on Thursday.

Angie and I took the mutts for coffee this morning. A real nice morning for a 3 mile walk. We even saved a zillion gallons of water for the city! A landscape water main was wide open blasting water in the rear of a commercial building...it was blastin 2 tories high but was so far back anyone driving by might not see it. We saw it walking and called to have it shut down.

I am a little short of goal this month due to being away from home for work. Glad I got a lot of miles at the beginning of the month! Next month won't be good :( for miles.

Have a great September TEAM :)

70/75 MILES

lovnmom
08-31-2008, 05:20 PM
Gary, I'm glad you and Angie are having a chance to spend some time together before work takes you away again. It must be difficult to be gone that long. Maybe Angie can "map u a run" and you can both walk at the same time and talk on the phone or something. I did 5 miles today instead of 5k. It felt great. Thanks for continuing to encourage me on this journey.

lovnmom
08-31-2008, 05:21 PM
63 walk miles for August : no other exercise, but I can live with that for now!

EZMONEY
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
That is a great idea LOVNMOM but, although our apartments up there are brand new and in a gated community, the area around it is a little shaky...don't think I will venture out. I don't have an excuse to not get my miles in though, other than working long days, there is a very nice gym in the complex.