LA Weight Loss - August Slim-Fasters!

View Full Version : August Slim-Fasters!

didjaever
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I took the liberty of starting the August thread...

I had a thought last night... I am going to be 35 on August 30th and today is August 1. I am commiting to losing 6 lbs in 30 days. I couldn't think of a better bday gift to myself - to be in the 150's...and less than 10 lbs away from my goal. I am calling it the "30 day bday challenge". Anyone want to join me?? Although you don't have to call it a "bday challenge" :)

Switched from Chocolate Royale shakes for breakfast to Vanilla... I am not digging them so much but I will finish them. They taste like they have a powder in them. I better stick to my usual routine... Chocolate Royale shake for breakfast, chocolate chip granola meal-on-go bar for lunch.

How are all the new Slim-Fasters doing??

SunshineRunner
08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for starting the new thread Didj! I think your plan to lose 6lbs in 30 days is an awesome plan! Being in the 150's is such a huge change from being in the 160's....and you are very close - I know you can do it!!! I'm technically in maintenance right now, but would like to lose another 10lbs....if my body will let me....my flabby arms are still not a pleasant sight! Sooo...I'll join you on your challenge, and my goal will be to get into the 140's by the end of the month. Heck, I'll take 149lbs or whatever it will be. But it would certainly be nice to get into that zone!

I'm a die hard chocolate royale and figure that the chocolate probably covers up some flavors that the vanilla wouldn't....of course we have some die hard vanilla folks here too....so I don't know...but hey, if I can have a healthy dose of chocolate every morning, then I'm going to do that! :)

Let's see...not too much else going on around here. Keeping super busy with the new school year starting in 12 days and getting in lots of beach and pool time...it's so hard to work when you live so close to the beach!!!

Okay...I've got to catch up on some work...I'll check in soon!

~Amanda :)

didjaever
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I would be happy with 159 :) Sometimes I try to think of 6-month's ago when I was 190. I don't have much recollection of dropping from 190. It might sound weird to say this but I think my mind kind of blocked it out... of course, the pictures are proof that I was that heavy ... know what I mean??

Are you a school teacher??

I am busy getting my Master's in the evening... 1 class away from finishing... thank goodness I am not a binge eater when I am working on school stuff... I never was. My computers are serious business to me (especially my new MacBook). I have never been one to type with sticky fingers :)

How is everyone else doing??

SunshineRunner
08-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Didj - you aren't allowed to be happy with 159 - you have 6lbs to lose this month!!! :) I know what you mean about blocking out parts of your journey...I've got parts that I just don't recall dropping the weight or how quickly it came off...then I have parts that are clear as can be for me!

I am starting my first year of teaching (6th grade world history) at an awesome and brand new school that is a joint venture between the school district and a local university. I'll be able to work on my master's very slowly at the same time though...at a lower cost...which is a bonus!

Prior to teaching (well, in conjunction with!) I sell real estate and work part time as a vet tech....I'll still be doing all that while teaching!

I've never been a binge eater at night...I know lots of folks who are....I just ate too darn much of bad foods for too long. I've been thinking about a new computer as mine has been slowing down....and I'm thinking about a Mac....it will be my first...although I've used Mac's while in college and working....but it would sure be nice to have a computer that virus' aren't going to eat up!

:) I'm out!
~A

didjaever
08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Congrats on the teaching job!!

I am 3-weeks into my new Mac experience (a lifelong PC user) and LOVE IT!!! There are some programs that I use that are only available for the PC but I am adjusting... making other software choices OR if the need arises... I will pull out my slow-poke PC notebook and get something done... but so far, the need hasn't been an issue. The Apple store is soo nice too. They offer free personal shopping and free workshops too. Have you noticed on all the TV shows now (mostly reality), everyone is using Mac.

You are right... I am not going to be happy at 159... don't worry... I am focused and will keep going :)

SunshineRunner
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm down a pound to 153 this morning. Ran 5 miles with no breaks on the treadmill last night - a new personal best. I normally run only 3.25 miles. It took me 53:30 but it felt good! I'm very happy with myself!

4 more pounds to go to see the 140's...that will be a very exciting time!
~A

p.s. i don't watch tv as it took too much time from my life! :)

didjaever
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
CONGRATS!! That is awesome!!

I wish this heat would break in the east... I miss my long walks in the evening. I never wanted to get into a work-out routine because you would have to keep it up, so my best attempt at exercising it walking at least an hour a day. I know... I would lose more, faster, drop those dress sizes, etc... :)

I think I am down 1 pound this morning but I could not tell... I don't have one of those digital scales. For some reason, I am bloated today (not TOM) so it feels like I gained 10 pounds.

Looks like you and I are the only two left on slim fast :)

Karen31
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm still here! Things have been hectic but I'm trying to stay on plan as much as possible! I did do 3 5K's this weekend and I'm really going to push myself hard to keep it up now. Amanda, You are doing great!

didja, i like the chocolate roayle too. I usually have that for breakfast, then I will fix a french vanilla shake with some strawberries in it for lunch. I don't like the vanilla plain at all. I've also mixed strawberries and bananas in it too. That taste pretty good. But I just use 1/2 a banana.

We sold our 5th wheel RV yesterday and now if the house would sell we could get back to MO. before Winter!

Hope everyone finds the new thread and comes back soon. Have a great day!

didjaever
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Congrats on selling the RV!!! Are you originally from MO??

Staying on track was easy in the beginning... now it seems hardly. I thought it was suppose to be the opposite :) I am weird... :)

Three cheers for staying on track!!!! I had a lemon bar today... a huge no-no...I am not even going to figure out how many calories are in it... Right back up on the horse....

Karen31
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Hi Didja. Yes, I was born in Joplin. Then the family moved to Colorado when I was 5. And I was here until 1970 when I got married and moved to Mass. DH is from there, after being there a year we decided to come back to Colorado. Stayed here for another few years then moved to PA. DH's family had moved there at this time. After another year we came back to Colorado. Now all my family lives back in MO. and I can hardly wait to get back there. I'm so tired of just visiting a few weeks every year! So hoping things get moving soon!

Don't worry about the Lemon bar, just do like you said and get back on track. After being gone the whole month of June it took me almost the whole month of July to get back on track!

Have A Great Evening!

bellastarr
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I am doing Slim Fast for 30 days and want to lose 10 lbs. I am estimating that is what I gained recently because I don't actually weigh myself but my clothes have gotten tight and they need to fit by the first day of school ( i am a teacher).

I am on Day 5 of the SlimFast Challenge and I feel thinner thank God! I am doing the Optima Creamy Milk Chocolate Shakes twice a day, three pieces of fruit, dinner (usually salad with chicken, tuna, turkey wrap, rice, etc.) and then a "treat" of two tootsie roll pops with my water.

I drink TONS and TONS of water, way more than they reccommend. I also am cutting out all diet soda ( never drink real but diet is also not the greatest thing for you ) and no alcohol as well.

ANd doing 90 minutes of cardio a day 6x's per week. 3 days strength training.

I know this is VERY STRICT but I need to make sure this is going to work!

bellastarr
08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Oh and is anyone on it using the High Protein one? It has the same calories as the Optima but like 3 more grams of protein and a little less sugar. Which one is better?

I looked at Slimfast Ultra and cannot believe the sugar in it!

I admit I worry that drinking the 2 Optimas have too much sugar (36 grams total) but I figure that Slimfast has been around a long time and if you are eating a low # of calories you will lose weight even if it has sugar in it!

didjaever
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Bella:

Welcome!!!

It sounds like you are well on your way to a lifestyle change. Congrats in feeling great!!

I drink the Optima... Yes, the sugar is high but it has all of your other needed vitamins and minerals. My attitude is that the sugar in slimfast doesn't even come close to my old way of eating... so it has got to be waaaaaay better for me.

Have you tried the meal-on-the-go bars?? It might add some variety to your plan. My favorites are chocolate chip granola bar and cookie dough.

bellastarr
08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
didjaever

Yeay i am sticking to the Optima ones too, they really do taste good although i am hungry on them, i don't think they stave off hunger for four hours. I am relying on DISCIPLINE to get me through this. I am using this as a quick way to get these 10 or so pounds off, i don't intend to do slimfast forever but can hopefully stick to it faithfully for a month!

As for the bars I had them before (years ago) and they were good, i lovedt he brownie one, choc. chip cookie dough, and the toasted spice and oat ones. However, I cannot eat them, I know i would binge on them, i used to eat whole boxes at a time so I am sticking to just the shakes. I know I won't be tempted to binge drink a slim fast shake, when i binge it is on food.

How long have you been doing the Optima shakes? Has it been working for you?

didjaever
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Bella:

As you can see from my ticker, I have lost 25 lbs since 12/26/07. I feel great but could have lost my total 40 lb goal by now... I have had my bad weeks, which I feel makes me normal. I drink a shake for breakfast and it usually curbs my appetite until noon. My noon meal-on-the-go bar usually curbs my appetite for two hours, that is when I snack on something... my favorites... bananna, cheese sticks, 100 calorie snack pack or something else that is around 100 calories.

In the end, I have actually been drinking a slimfast shake for breakfast for the better part of ten years but never watched my calorie intake. I mostly drank them because they were easy to grab on my way out the door in the morning.

didjaever
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok, two things:

1) In order to be honest with myself....I finally changed my ticker to reflect the 2 extra lbs I have carrying around the past few weeks. I just thought that they would melt off, so I didn't bother changing the ticker. So I am down 25 lbs since xmas, not 27 lbs as of today.

2) I have lost nothing this week... I am not sure why but it could have something to do with my body feeling bloating (not my TOM). I am not going to obsess over it. I am going to try something different. I am not going to weigh myself again until Aug.30 (my bday).

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

southerndeb
08-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi all,
Those of you that are active on this forum.. got a question...

Are you still following the SF plan or doing your own thing with SF once in awhile?

I'm going to get started again on the plan.

Karen31
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone! I lost 2 pounds this week! I am really going to try real hard and make it at least another 2 pounds this coming week too.

southerndeb, I have a Slimfast Optima powder shake (chocolate royale) with fat free milk for breakfast, Then I have a slimfast Optima powder shake (French Vanilla) with strawberries for lunch. Then I have a sensible meal in the evening. If I want snacks, I try to get in some healthy veggies BUT if I really want something more I will get a slimfast snack bar. Amanda has done just fantastic with her plan and I'm sure she will have some more good information for you. Welcome to the slimfast forum and be sure to come back often!

Have a GREAT Weekend !!!

didjaever
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Karen: Congrats on the 2 lbs!!!

Southerndeb: It does work... It helps me to control my calorie intake. I have a shake for breakfast and a meal-on-the-go bar for lunch... afternoon snack, sensible dinner and evening snack. I try to eat between 1200 - 1400 calories a day!!! Good luck and check back with us to let us know how you are doing.

bellastarr
08-09-2008, 10:04 PM
YEAY!! I have made it through my first official week on my little Slimfast Challenge! I can already tell it is working! Going to try to stick to it for 25 more days til I start school!!!!!

didjaever
08-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Bella: Keep up the good work... you can do it!!! :carrot:

SunshineRunner
08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone (and welcome bella!) - Just a quick note to let you know I'm still around. Keeping up the pace and keeping busy. School starts in a week and I'm already in the classroom - so I'm super busy. But I'll check in as often as time allows!

~A

bellastarr
08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes ladies :)

I am on day #10 - Double Digits. Just posting that to keep myself motivated and accountable!!

bargoo
08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I still have SF everyday, usually for breakfast, I like it blended with a banana or fresh strawberries.

SunshineRunner
08-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Good morning ladies - woke up this morning at 151lbs. Another one bites the dust! :) Only 6lbs to go to reach my new goal. I can't believe I'm almost in the 140's!! Totally never expected to get this low and be happy with how my body looks. Size 8 jeans are fitting really nicely these days and no muffin top to boot! I actually had to purchase size Small (yes, I spelled that correctly) tank tops this weekend from the Gap and size small running shorts from Reebok. I feel a little overwhelmed that I'm closing in on smaller sizes....but would be very happy floating between size 6 and size 8 and size Small-Medium.

Okay...off to get some work done!!! Keep on plan everyone!
~A

Karen31
08-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Great Job Amanda!!! I can hardly wait to be in those sizes!! I woke up this morning to 151lbs. too but I am about 11 inches shorter than you! So I still have a ways to go but I'l get there!!

Welcome bellastarr! This is a pretty good group and I know you will get lots of encouragement from all. Just keep posting and let us know how things are going for you.

Need to get busy. Take care.

bellastarr
08-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi ladies!

Well today marks day #14 ~2 full weeks today I've been doing slimfast. Again, no idea what my actual weight is or what i have lost since but I feel like I can tell it is working. I worked out hard everyday except today and plan on going for a very long walk tomorrow before heading back to the gym Monday! I have also been very disciplined with the eating plan.

Went out last night and continued to avoid alcohol, drank my water with lemon (everyone assumes it is vodka hahah but it's just h20 with 0 calories!!!) I was wearing a short little jean skirt (size 8 thank you)but I still felt self-concious, however when i think of where i was at this time last year i know i am so much lighter than before. I just for the life of me cannot get my stomach flat no matter what I do. C'est la vie though. Also I found out last night the guy I had been seeing is seeing someone else (some 21 year old college chic who is leaving next week to go back to school) He's 30! He is sooooooooo afraid of something "real" which i why i think he is running around with this child, he knows that won't become serious. Men suck! I know i am getting off track but the point is I was so proud of myself for coming home last night after hearing that news and not diving right into the ice cream and whatever else was in the fridge to ease my pain and hurt feelings.. I will not gain weight over a guy anymore!

Moving on. I went shopping today, passed by Auntie Anne's pretzels which looked and smelled so good, Coldstone Creamery, Mrs. Field's, was smelling Chinese (which smelled sooooooo good) but I stayed good and ate my two plums and had my Chocolate SF Shake...

I have 17 days til my first day of school.... I have been super busy getting my classroom ready and I can't wait to meet my new students! I know i can stick to this SF plan these next 17 days!!

Off to go have my dinner (tuna with pickles on a bed of lettuce with tomato, crystal light lemonade, and a bowl of cut up watermelon. Then I'm going out tonight to hear a band so I can dance the night (and calories) away!

I just keep telling myself nothing tastes as good as feeling thin and beautiful!

Moving on to week #3! I am thinking of rewarding myself at the completion of week #3 with a new bottle of perfume. I smelled the new Jessica Simpson fragrance called Fancy today at Macys and it is really pretty. Might have to get some after we make it through Day #21.

Have a great weekend ladies!! I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan.

didjaever
08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Bella:: Congrats on your 14th day. Easily you have lost... staying on track for that long is success in my book. Also, kudos for not letting your stress situation turn into a food binge.

I am sitting two my friends kids for the weekend... Friday night - Monday morning. Their house is full of junk: cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc., etc. I have had no desire to touch any of it. I brought my slim-fast shakes with me. I did have two slices of Papa John's pizza this evening but I looked up the calories. I was surprised that what I was eating was only 300/slice. So I am probably still ok today because we went to the zoo and walked a lot.

Karen31
08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Hello everyone. I didn't get my walk in on the treadmill or the Gazelle. My neighbors house was struck by lightening this morning and I've been helping her with her animals. Everybody is fine. Her house does have some damage to it but they are able to stay there. Not TV or phone but still very thankful. I made them dinner tonight and also just had to make homemade Brownies (comfort food you know) But I sent over half them back home with them. At least DH gets a little treat now. Anyway, back on track tomorrow!! Have a great night!

didjaever
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Karen: I am glad everyone is ok... what is going all with all this lightening... this is becoming too common.

lointhecity
08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi there, gals!!! I used to post here on December, but then my computer was changed and the other one didnt like this site, so ... yeah. I had been mantaining my weight since then. But then, some time ago, I quit smoking and my cravings return. Cravings I hadnt felt since I started smoking. Yeah, those where tought, and my so-called intuitive eating, died. I think I gained a couple of pounds but I refuse to weigh myself till after a week of dieting, which started on Saturday. So far, so good. If I can quit smoking, I can diet. :)
I see gatoramanda reached her goal weight, CONGRATS GIRL!!! It's super motivating to see other people succeed.
Sorry to hear about those neighbors Karen, sounds horrid.

I'm doing slimfast... optima, chocolate royale shake mix... I love it. I onced tried the vanilla one, and it tasted soo bad. Def. not to my taste.

hope to hear more from you girls!! I'm so pumped up to be back!! :)

-Lo

bellastarr
08-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Ugh. Have to confess. I binged yesterday. Was looking at pictures of myself and thought I looked fat, said to myself no wonder i have no boyfriend and other self-loating thoughts to myself.

I had gone 14 good days in a row too and then yesterday at about 9:45 pm after being so good all day long i ate the following:

windmill cookies dipped in coolwhip, peanut butter and jelly on ritz crackers, ice cream, peanut butter out of the jar, three pieces of italian bread with butter, 2 string cheeses, 2 smores granola bars, a bowl of cheerios, 2 fudgesicles, more cookies with coolwhip, 3 tootsie pops, 3 pieces of rolled up turkey, a bagel with ragu sauce

And i felt awful.

The sad thing is this wasn't even a "really bad" one for me, i have had much bigger binges in the past.

Trying to put it behind me though and make it through the next 17 days til i start school again. BACK ON PLAN!

I am hoping that the damage isn't too bad, i'm trying to tell myself that it is good to shake up your calories and now i am back on the low, low side with the slimfast plan i will continue to lose again.

I have been perfect so far today and made myself go to the gym for a bootcamp class and then back tonight for a hour long kickboxing class. And I am drinking my water as we speak.

17 days to go! God help me, i will do this!

didjaever
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
loin: Welcome back!! The important thing is that you have maintained... I am sure that if you gained a couple of pounds you will refocus and get back on track.

bella: I wouldn't worry too much about your binge... we all go through days like that... You have done great for 14 days and you have recognized that your one day binge cannot last for more than one day. This is always important for me... if I overeat one day, I know I am ok when I get up the next day and get right back on track. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I woke up in the middle of the night with terrible pains in my stomach... I ran into the bathroom, started to hyper-ventilate and thought I would pass out... I had ugly stuff come out of the bottom end and starting throwing up.... UUGGGHHHH!!! I am still felling the effects this morning... I am not sure what it was but I am thinking that I lost a couple of pounds in the process :) I ate a few things I shouldn't have while babysitting this weekend!!! This morning I am down a couple of pounds... explain that one to me...

Hope everyone has a good week!!!

SunshineRunner
08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Loin! Welcome back! It's been forever! Glad you are still on track and back with us! I did reach goal and it's just amazing - I highly recommend it! :)

Bella - it's okay to lose track every once in awhile. I'm not an expert in your type of binge eating and have never done that before, but based on what you told us - it does sound like something you are aware of that can happen to you. If it starts occuring more frequently...seek medical advice...if you can control it...then hopefully you can work towards overcoming it! Good luck and :hugs:

Didj - sounds like a case of colitis. Hopefully you can control it at home. Colitis is just about what you described and happens to lots of people ... although for some (like me) it can turn into a chronic problem if I eat something outside of my normal regimen. Happens to dogs a lot as well! It's yuck - I feel for you! :( As for being down a couple of pounds - sometimes when I'm perfectly on plan all week then eat off plan on the weekend, I lose weight - I think it's just cause my body likes to see a change....seriously...I always lose weight after eating Taco Bell.....weird, I know!

On another note - I've survived Tropical Storm Faye...albeit spending 3 hours sweeping water off my screen room to keep it from coming inside...that was a good workout! :) So no water in the house was good news! Still rainy and yuck here and no school again tomorrow...which is fine....also - check out the dress I wore to the clam bake this weekend...I felt beautiful - ignore my phony smile in the photo...this was taken while I was trying on outfits...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/gatoramanda/100_1193_crop.jpg

lointhecity
08-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Gatoramanda you look gorgeous! and I should think reaching one's goal weight is highly recomendable... lol.
Bella, sorry to hear about your binging. I too used to struggle with it, until I started focusing, instead of staying within normal eating ranges, I started focusing on preventing anxiety. My urges have gone almost completely. Night is the hardest for me, I just make sure i'm exhausted by then.
didjaever, I hate being sick! I don't care if I lose 10lbs from it. i applaude you for having something positive to say about it, lol. Must take strength!!

today was alright, even though I havent been able to get my *** to the gym.
I'm gonna do a pilates and a yoga video here at home. Cant wait to weigh myself.

didjaever
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Gator: Glad you survived the rain but aren't you getting another round of it?? Whereabouts are you?? That dress looks great on you...congrats!!! I haven't worn a dress like that in years.... since we are heading into the fall in PA soon a new spring dress will have to wait... by then I should be invisible if I turn sideways...hehe

I am still feeling yucky in the stomach, with loose green bowels... uggghhh but a reason I know it is not a serious bug is that I ate a chicken sandwich yesterday and some snacks and everything stayed down... done are the days when I was a kid and would get sick and had no appetite for a week... why couldn't I lose my appetite for just 5 days... hehe

lointhecity
08-20-2008, 09:51 AM
didjaever/ hope you get better!!!

I weighted myself this morning, no gain!! YAY!! I'm still 128lbs!! I cant believe it. I cant wait till I start losing!! only 8lbs to go! gatoramanda, I think I will join you in mantainer-land verrrrrrry soon!! so happy!!

SunshineRunner
08-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Good morning ladies - believe it or not - my back is killing me this morning...I guess 3 hours of sweeping water at a fast pace will do that to you! It's still raining...unforgivably....but it's better than last night....the wind was at its worst last night...so I couldn't sleep - far too much noise...this is actually worse than the hurricanes of a few years ago - just so much water - about 30% of my town (Fort Pierce, FL) roads are impassable - and the other town in my county is almost completely shut down (where I work)...although I think I may be able to make a trip out on the roads in a little bit as the newspaper has kept us informed of what roads are passable...and I'd really like to get a few things done on my day off! Thankfully the storm is no longer directly over us - but it is just about 30 minutes north of my town....so we are going to be rained on for hours to come - the thing is moving so damn slowly! Yuck!

Thanks for the dress compliments - I really do love that dress!

Loin - you will be here in no time...good job on maintaining while you were away!

Didj - still sounds like no fun on your end of the world...it's amazing that we can eat when that sick huh?

Well...I'm past due for a shower! I'll check in later :)

Karen31
08-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Amanda, you look great! Love the dress! I'm still plugging along here. My neighbors house was struck by lightening last saturday morning and I've been kind of thrown off my routine ever since! I helped her get her animals, pictures and papers out and then back in after the fire dept. left. She had some damage to her house but everyone is fine. It was pretty scary! But I have had such a hard time gettingback on track. I made supper for them on Saturday night plus I made homemade brownies. I had one and sent most all of it home with them. Kept a few pieces for my DH. Going to try hard to get back in the swing today.
we had a guy stop by day before yesterday and was interested in buying the house. He called yesterday morning and said he was going to come by and talk to us but then never showed up! I hate that!! That probably has some to do with my feeling kind of blah also! But just need to get it over it and get back on track!

Everyone have a good day!

bellastarr
08-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Amanda you look AMAZING and your dress is so cute!

I am back on track after that bad Sunday. I have had a great M, T, W, T and am determined to make it through F, and S so I can reward myself with that Jessica Simpson Fancy perfume this weekend.

I have been sooo busy getting my classroom ready at school that i have not even felt hungry, i kind of have to force myself to go and have my second SF shake at like 4 in the afternoon. Or maybe i just am getting used to not eating alot of food? I don't know but i am back on track and I am determined to stay there.

13 days til i start school. I hope to be wearing a cute little dress or skirt and top and feeling THIN!!!!

claramarie
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Just wondering if I can join you all...I am starting SF tomarrow and looking forward to it! I need to lose about 39lbs., so I have a ways to go...

Karen31
08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the SF thread. Sometimes this thread gets real quiet and then other times it is really jumping. So be sure to post often and let us get to know you. Good luck and I know you will enjoy the people here.

didjaever
08-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Welcome Claramarie!!!

Well, I am two days away from my 30-day bday challenge. Good news and bad news. The bad news is that I have not lost anything. I was sick for a week and I think that I felt the need to treat myself after feeling better...who knows. The good news is that I am still maintaining... It could always be worse.

claramarie
08-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks, I will repost often and I hope to hear from all of you! How long have you been doing SF?

didjaever
08-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I have been losing since December 2007... but as you can see I only lost 26 pounds and I should have lost my goal of 40 by now but I have had good weeks and bad weeks. BUT that is my fault... slim-fast does work... the choc royale shakes curb my morning hunder... slim-fast bars curb my lunchtime cravings... I have been drinking slim-fast for breakfast for a good 10 year though.

claramarie
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I COMPLETLY understand about having bad days....My Mom did SF along time ago and she lost about 30lbs, fast too. But then all you had was the 2 shakes and a sensible meal....She was suprised when I told her about the added snacks. Do you have all the snacks that they recommend?:D

Karen31
08-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Good Morning! The scales made me happy this morning. I'm down another 2 pounds. YAY! Especially happy since I just haven't been able to get back on track with the exercise 100%. But I'm pushing myself to make September a really great month!

Everyone have a Great and Safe Weekend!

bellastarr
08-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I haven't posted in a while. I have strung together another great 4 days in a row. Last weekend (F S S M) I slipped up but i think i am going to be okay. My 30 day challenge ends Sept 3rd, unless i decide to go the rest of the week and do SF til Monday the 8th. That is when I start going back to my trainer that I took off going to for the summer.

Claramarie, I have fruit or veggies only as my snack with my two shakes.

didjaever
08-30-2008, 01:26 PM
claramarie:

I generally have one snack in the morning and one in the afternoon. I try to keep it around 100 calories. Either a banana, granola bar, 100 calorie snack pack, etc. Sometimes my morning shack (at 8 am) holds me over until lunch at noon but if not I have my snack.

bellastarr
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Okay, first day of school tomorrow and I am wearing a size 8 skirt and a small shirt. I would say that this SF plan definitely has paid off. Last year I started the first day of school squeezed into a pair of size 16 pants. I have worked very hard and I recieved a lot of compliments today and I did feel pretty and thinnish today (love those days!) I guess all the nights last week I resisted eating homemade chocolate chip cookies has paid off!!

Anyway, i am going to stick with the SF two times a day til Sept 8th which is Monday and then do it just for breakfast and try to incorporate cereal and or oatmeal into my lunch at school. Wish me luck! I have 5 days to go. Maybe i will post some before and after pics next week. ;) I am feeling very happy and good about myself right now! :)))

Karen31
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Congrats bellastar!! Sounds like you have been doing fantastic and all your hard work has really paid off. We'll be watching for the before and after pics!

didjaever
09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Congrats Bellastarr!!!