100 lb. Club - AUGUST NSV's

View Full Version : AUGUST NSV's

Sandi
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Star2Be
08-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Yea! This was one of my favorite threads when I started posting here last month... Glad to see that it's back for this month. ;)

My most recent NSV is that I've noticed some of my clothes fit me very differently. My pants all feel pretty loose/are on the verge of falling off--even the ones that used to be my "tightest" pair! :D I also recently tried on a shirt that I got for last Christmas, but never wear because it buttons up and it never fit very well. Guess what? It fit GREAT! I definitely wasn't expecting that, because I haven't seen much of a difference in my body (I'm mostly watching my progress by the scale, as unreliable as that can be!). It's good to see that it IS changing! :sunny:

foxxy511
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
My NSV happened Friday at the gym. When I first started out, I could barely go five minutes on the elliptical before I was huffing and puffing and had to quit. But, on Friday I did 4 miles in 55 minutes and was way proud of myself! I want to be able to more miles in the same amount of time and I know if I keep this up, I can do it!

valpal23
08-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Today I tried on a large in a workout jacket I wanted... because there was no xl's left. and the L fit! I'm wearing it right now :)

fiberlover
08-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Awesome guys!!

My NSV - SIZE 10!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday I bought a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of jeans in size 10!! :woohoo:

SuchAPrettyFace
08-03-2008, 03:10 PM
No seat belt extender needed on this last trip to Mayo Clinic. (4 different airplanes!!!) :dance:

Lyn2007
08-03-2008, 03:45 PM
My NSV:

I have this neighbor who is somewhat overweight but she still looks pretty good. She is my age. I always have looked at her and thought, man, I wish I looked as good as her.

Well I saw her in the grocery store the other day. She said, Wow, you look great! What are you doing that's working? So I told her. She said she is also trying to lose a few pounds.

WHen she walked away I realized that I am no longer fatter than her. I bet we weigh within ten pounds of each other. Our body types look very similar now. That made me really smile because I know I look okay!

TJFitnessDiva
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
A friend haven't seen since I was at my heaviest a few months ago saw me yesterday and gave me the greatest compliment! It's so cool that it's actually noticeable to others :)

Beverlyjoy
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I got a new dress and it's NOT plus size!! :D I got it in an XL. This is first time in years I've been able to wear a regular size dress. Here it is:

http://www.casuallivingusa.com/default.aspx?sid=erp5mw220eti2czqvl21b345&uid=833851S&CategoryID=0abeef36-19fd-485d-a5ea-5dbc8547cb9a&page=product&sender=Casual

(sorry the price shows...I don't know how to post just the picture)

It's perfect for the bridal shower next in a couple of weeks and for performing.

Had to share! :)

Eves
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Congratulations everyone! August is starting off great :carrot:

Well, my NSV, I just ran 5 miles in 56:31 minutes. I usually run 3 miles every other day, but today I just went nuts and did it. I honestly don't know how I kept myself under the 12 minute mile average! Woooh!

beautifulone
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow guys... AWESOME!! :D

I tried on a dress today that I wasn't able to even zip up by myself a month ago and had to suck it in for it to zip up, and I zipped it up today by myself!!
It's a tiny sign of ever growing progress:woohoo:

gr8smyl99
08-05-2008, 08:01 AM
My NSV is that I came back - and got back on track - and got through my first "on plan" day! And my next goal will be to make it through an entire week!!

mj5
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
OH...Great NSV this am...as I was getting ready for work this am, dh said, "there's my skinny wife" then he said, "really, I can really see that you have lost weight lately" He compliments me often, but he sounded so sincere. What a sweetie!

dcapulet
08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
my jeans last night were just a tiny bit easier to put on. :)

dcapulet
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
OH...Great NSV this am...as I was getting ready for work this am, dh said, "there's my skinny wife" then he said, "really, I can really see that you have lost weight lately" He compliments me often, but he sounded so sincere. What a sweetie!

how sweet! :cofdate:

purpleorc
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
The scales have not been budging for the past couple of months ( I think someone has super glued them at that weight ;) ) as I have hit a plateau. Last night I decided to measure my waist as lots of my trousers and skirts where all getting loose. To my shock I had lost 1" from my tummy so lovely NSV. Pity I did not both to do my other measurement and only my waist. It would be nice now to know if I have had inch loss from else where.

mj5
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Both yesterday and today the capris I wore to work feel big. They were snug at the start of summer. Guess I better venture to back of the closet and see if any of my smaller sized ones fit so I can get rid of these!

LisaF
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I was on vacation for the last week, and I feel really good about the way I handled everything. We went out to eat almost every night, and I made good choices. I wasn't perfect - I had dessert a few times, but it was mini versions of dessert. And I never felt guilty for it, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. All in all, it was a good week, and staying on plan was a part of what made it so good.

Lisa

WarMaiden
08-07-2008, 01:08 PM
For reference, my husband is on a no-sugar, slow-carb diet with me--South Beach-ish, though he doesn't follow it exactly, and he's lost maybe 15 pounds. That's not the NSV, though. Today's NSV is that we've discovered that we can once again use a particular "intimate" position that we hadn't been able to for a couple years at least, because his knees hurt too much during. Now, without the sugar, no pain! This is awesome. He still has probably 100 pounds to lose, so it's not the weight loss alone that's made the change--I'm quite convinced that the Standard American Diet we were on before, with lots of refined carbs, creates joint pain. (I had similar results myself, with knee pain on stair-climbing that went away within just a few weeks of quitting refined carbs, before significant weight loss.)

Star2Be
08-07-2008, 03:55 PM
My most recent NSV is a pair of semi-tight pants! When I bought two new pairs of jeans before I started school last year, I only tried one on and bought another pair in the same style, same size, etc but with a different wash (i.e. they were a little lighter). However, the other pair must have been mislabeled - seriously now, they were identical to the pair I tried on, with the same size on the label and everything - when I finally got around to putting them on, I couldn't even get them past my thighs. I figured they must have been a size smaller than they were labeled to be, so I just gave them to my mom, since she's about that size. Well, I lost a few pounds here and there over the school year (I have no idea how much; I didn't have a scale until a few weeks ago), but I've also lost almost 20 pounds so far this summer. A few days ago I was in my mom's room and I happened to come across that same pair of pants. I thought, hmmm, I wonder if they fit now... And they do! They're a little snug, but I can certainly button/zip them (and breathe while doing so, hehe) so I'm definitely counting it as a NSV!!! I'll have to wait until I go shopping for more pants to actually confirm if I've gone down a size or not, but I think this is a pretty good indication... Yea! :dancer:

Naytally
08-07-2008, 04:19 PM
6 months ago while waiting in line for my prescriptions, I sat down for my blood pressure. 145/90 and a pulse of 70 bpm. Pre-Hypertension. Yesterday, while waiting in the same line, I sat down to the same machine and it read 118/65 with a pulse of 60 bpm. BOO YAH! Normal blood pressure! I lost 33 pounds and my blood pressure decreased! YAY!

opimisticchick72
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Finding this site and the support would be my current NSV...you guys are great.

amy

WarMaiden
08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh, another NSV: As of my weighing this morning, I am now officially only "morbidly obese" rather than "severely morbidly obese" :D

Star2Be
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Naytally, that is SO great! Wow! I can't wait until I start to see more of the health benefits, too. I'm always anxious about going to my doctor's appts because I hate being told that my blood pressure is on the high side, or that I'm "at risk" for something... I'm really looking forward to the day I can walk into the doctor's office with my head held high!! Congrats to you. :carrot:

oreokitty
08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
My brother had a head injury when he was a teenager which hurt his mental filter as to what he thinks & what comes out of his mouth. At my heaviest last year, when I walked into the room he asked me where I got my tent (meaning my shirt) in front of a few of my family members. (Which I just shared in another thread).

What my NSV is that he is now asking me how I am losing weight because he wants to do the samething because he is currently at his heaviest weight. Which I have gladly shared with him and would never ever make fun of him.

Yeah! :cp:
Amy

HoneyMustard
08-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Hi all!

My most recent NSV happened today! I finally decided to pull out an old pair of jeans that I bought last time I lost weight, and when I put them on, they were actually loose! That was a size 18w!!! I must also say that it's just so unbelievable that I'm actually losing weight and shrinking. This is only my second time dieting.....in my whole life!!! I have to pinch myself everyday! Unbelievable!

opimisticchick72
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Holy Cow! I haven't eaten cheese today, lmao. I almost want to do a jig to do my Irish heritage proud. Cheese seems to be my own form of Heroin, argggg.

amy

gr8smyl99
08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
My NSV is that I stayed on program all last week!! It took a lot of planning ahead of time, but we had good, nutritious dinners too! Plus lots of fresh veggies because they're abundant everywhere! And as a result - my face feels less poofy, and I think my neck is coming back (haha).

Pandora123a
08-12-2008, 08:43 AM
I just gave them to my mom, since she's about that size.

No wonder your mom is so threatened! You'll be smaller than she is by the time you go back to school.

Pandora123a
08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
We just got back from an "active" vacation, hiking in the Tetons and Yellowstone. I made good choices and was very active with a few nsvs...

1) We hiked at Jenny Lake and I climbed to Inspiration Point, then down part way, and then back and beyond! (I come from flat Illinois, so any climbing is really new to me...this was a hike of about 1.5 miles with 1000+ vertical feet gain in that length, followed by another mile or so of flat.)

2) I really outhiked my husband, after four months of "we're never taking this kind of trip again if all you do is sit there". He DIDN'T make it to Inspiration Point, and did the shorter option several times.

3) I ate healthy and kept on my plan of "mindful eating". Part of some desserts, but most nights none. A few rolls, but mostly skipped the bread.

(I got my scale reward too...nothing like walking 4-6 miles a day, but that's a different post.)

Tammy73
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
My NSV:

1.People are starting to notice that my face is thinning out and that my clothes aren't as tight. I've had a few compliments so far about my weight loss from friends and family members.

2. I was on holidays last week and ate really well and made lots of healthy
choices.

3. The best one for me, was play wrestling with my CLH and he put his hands on my upper arms and said, "wow, can I ever feel your muscles. That's awesome, I'm so proud of you."

dcapulet
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
i am planning to work out on vacation... i even found a branch of my gym 10 miles from our beach hotel... that's something i never thought i would do! i guess i am committed to exercise...:love:

Star2Be
08-12-2008, 01:36 PM
^ WOW, now that is some great dedication! Good for you! I'm still wondering how I'm going to get in my exercise when I go to Disney World for a couple days in September... I'm hoping that walking around the parks all day will count for something, hehe.

No wonder your mom is so threatened! You'll be smaller than she is by the time you go back to school.
I certainly hope so! Muahaha... :devil:;)

H8cake
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
We went to San Francisco and walked all over the city. That would have been incredibly hard for me eight months ago, but I felt so strong and had no problem with it. San Francisco has tons of hills too, and I could feel the muscles in my legs. Wow! I never appreciated being strong before, it feels awesome! My hubby thought it was so cool that I could keep up with him. I even jogged a little:carrot: The treadmill I bought last year turns out to be one of the best things I've ever bought.
One other nsv: my feet and ankles hardly swelled. I've been fighting huge shrek-like feet for years, whenever we traveled they would just blow up. I almost cried over that, I absolutely hate huge swollen feet and ankles. Yea! No more swollen feet and ankles! That was one benefit that I didn't know would come with losing weight.

mj5
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I was trying on some clothes this weekend and found LOTS of pants in my closet that fit. The last time I tried them on, I couldn't even get them up over my hips. I am SO happy! I am trying to work up the courage to get rid of some of my bigger clothes. I will do it, it just sounds so scary!!!

opimisticchick72
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Congrats on the clothes!! Getting rid of them is frightening thought, but necessary for me. Otherwise it just gives me the permission to go back, lol. My NSV is going out with my friends, all without weight issues, and as they ordered and enjoyed Sonic (a personal favorite), I pulled out a bag of carrots from my purse to consume. I didn't feel left out and the great thing is they didn't even awknowledge it, helping me to just continue with great hanging out times and not focusing on my weight struggles.

amy

lizziep
08-13-2008, 02:12 AM
I broke my record for mileage in a work out session on my bike today! by over half a mile!

also- last week in one day 4 different people told me i looked good. One was a stranger! That never ever happens to me.

opimisticchick72
08-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Hi All...I have encountered a huge NSV this evening, well now I guess it would be morning. Tonight I had an issue with a friend who betrayed my trust or maybe deceived me would be more appropriately stated. What happened is really of no consequence, where it is interesting, to me at least :), is that I did not run for the Border or to the Golden Arches as I would have in the past, past being last week, lol. I thought about it. I said outloud that I was afraid that is where my car was headed..but instead I came straight home. Grabbed a bottle of water, took a deep breath, and here I am. I choose to come straight home and read and re-read inspiring stories rather than go order 1 if not 2 "value meals" and eat the pain away. LOL. Yeah Team Will Power.

amy

Star2Be
08-13-2008, 03:50 AM
WTG! Awesome willpower! :high:

I experienced something similar this evening when I sliced my foot open on a rock at the beach... It huuurts and I can't walk without limping... So now I'm afraid that I won't be able to work out until it gets better! (Something that I have never, ever would have been concerned about in the past, heh.) A little part of me wanted to say F*** it, if I can't work out, I might as well eat something I want, too! but I resisted. I'm trying not to get discouraged, and hopefully you won't be discouraged either. Apparently exercise IS supposed to be a great stress reliever, so who knows, it could help you out. ;) Hehe.

Congrats again on your NSV! That is really great! As someone who is definitely prone to "eating my emotions" I truly understand how much of a challenge it can be to turn to other things for comfort. Be strong! :carrot:

WebRover
08-14-2008, 04:39 AM
I sat at a company event where rows of chairs are lined up and realized I wasn't hip-to-hip with anyone. I had clearance between my hips and the sides of the chair.

foxxy511
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
A pair of pants that I bought awhile ago never actually fit me around the waist, but now they fit! I can wear them to work and am able to sit down in them (LOL!)

dcapulet
08-14-2008, 01:28 PM
yea foxxy! that's awesome!

I wore a dress outside yesterday. It wasn't a special occasion. It was slightly above my knees. It was sleeveless. I didn't wear a belt or sweater with it. It was nylon polka-dot with a touch of spandex. I didn't wear spanx with it. I just wore it, showed my tummy in it, my arms in progress, and my chunky legs.

THAT is my NSV.

mj5
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I have noticed lately is my skin looks really good these days--really soft and smooth. Must be all the healthy food, water, and exercise!

Star2Be
08-15-2008, 09:29 PM
My NSV isn't such a big deal, but I took my first belly-dancing class yesterday and I was pleased to find that I had no trouble keeping up with everyone else in the class. There was a wide range of body types at the class, and the instructor said that we could take a break if we ever felt overwhelmed by the moves, etc. But I didn't have to! Yea!

Another thing I've noticed was when I went to the beach yesterday--at this particular beach you have to climb up a huuuge set of stairs to get back up to the parking lot, and I was barely even winded! Normally those stairs kill me LOL. :D

I love noticing that little things like that become easier. ;)

mollymom
08-15-2008, 09:58 PM
My NSV happened Friday at the gym. When I first started out, I could barely go five minutes on the elliptical before I was huffing and puffing and had to quit. But, on Friday I did 4 miles in 55 minutes and was way proud of myself! I want to be able to more miles in the same amount of time and I know if I keep this up, I can do it!

omg I throw myself at your feet in admiration. I just finished my first MINUTE on an elliptical and thought I was going to die! BRAVO

mollymom
08-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I love this thread..what great inspiration and encouragement. I guess the NSV I want to report is that I was eating lunch the other day, realized I was full, stopped with food still on my plate and gave the rest to my dog Molly (hence mollymom..my real name is Margot) . I have to stop giving it to the dog though..the vet has her on a diet too. He said it well though (and I wasn't insulted as we are friends AND he gives me a discount):

"Chances are if your dog is too fat, so are you".

Now my dog has to go walking with me three times a week too LOL (and like her mom, she is menopausal and now has to take HRT!):running:

foxxy511
08-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Haha, thanks dcapulet and mollymom! I've found that the elliptical may not be my worst enemy, like I first thought. And my dog's on a diet too, so she's as cranky as I am when she doesn't get the food she wants (LOL!)

But anywhoo...I had a major NSV today. I had a bad day at work tonight and was hungry and grumpy when I got off and really wanted to swing into some fast food joint for dinner. But, I thought about all the progress I had made, held off, and planned to have Special K and Laughing Cow Cheese at home. And then, when I got home, what's sitting on the counter? Pizza Hut Pizza -- pepperoni, my favorite kind. I looked at it, closed the box, looked at it again, then moved it to the fridge and had my pre-planned meal.

I would NEVER have done that two months ago!

Cuter w Curves
08-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I bought a belt 2 sizes smaller than the last one and I could have gone one lower but I kept it where I did because I like the look of it better.

thistoo
08-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I finally have an NSV to post! As of today I've made it through *two* complete (40 minute) spin classes. My butt is killing me and my legs don't want to work anymore, but it feels really good to have that kind of endurance. If spin class doesn't get my weight moving again I'm not sure what will.

Redheaded I am
08-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Haha, thanks dcapulet and mollymom! I've found that the elliptical may not be my worst enemy, like I first thought. And my dog's on a diet too, so she's as cranky as I am when she doesn't get the food she wants (LOL!)

But anywhoo...I had a major NSV today. I had a bad day at work tonight and was hungry and grumpy when I got off and really wanted to swing into some fast food joint for dinner. But, I thought about all the progress I had made, held off, and planned to have Special K and Laughing Cow Cheese at home. And then, when I got home, what's sitting on the counter? Pizza Hut Pizza -- pepperoni, my favorite kind. I looked at it, closed the box, looked at it again, then moved it to the fridge and had my pre-planned meal.

I would NEVER have done that two months ago!

Congratulations!!!! That change in thinking is a huge deal. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

mollymom
08-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Um...since the women's triathalon is on right now, I find my NSV moment yesterday a little funny but...I ran on the treadmill at the very end of my walk:running:. Now before you all start preparing my gold medal..it was for 1.17 minutes. BUT it was at 4.9 mph, well okay I jogged, and it was hands off and pumping. No one else was in the room at the time so I thought, oh let's go for it!

Pandora123a
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
I couldn't understand why my underwear size wasn't changing...then I realized that my panties waistline was just below the armpits! Went from size 9 to size 7!!!!

Sea
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I stayed on plan for a whole week, even avoiding my dh's offer of IHOP (which I have always loved).
My face is thinner; and I'm sleeping better.

everanderson
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Um...since the women's triathalon is on right now, I find my NSV moment yesterday a little funny but...I ran on the treadmill at the very end of my walk:running:. Now before you all start preparing my gold medal..it was for 1.17 minutes. BUT it was at 4.9 mph, well okay I jogged, and it was hands off and pumping. No one else was in the room at the time so I thought, oh let's go for it!

You are so brave - I would have fallen flat on my face and gone flying into the wall the second someone walked back into the room!

My NSV is that someone told me to pull up my pants today - I've never been so embarrassed and happy at the same time...:o

mollymom
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I stayed on plan for a whole week, even avoiding my dh's offer of IHOP (which I have always loved).
My face is thinner; and I'm sleeping better.

IHOP I can pass up. HOWEVER I am eternally grateful that I live in Canada and the nearest Bob Evans would mean a trip across the river to Port Huron and I can't risk getting stuck for two hours on bridge with my fifty year old bladder...so those blueberry pancakes are just impossible to get to! LOL

pengbear
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
My NSV is that I slid into a pencil skirt that was waaay too tight about 3 weeks ago. I threw on some 3 inch heels for work and totally got checked out by a co-worker. Which offends me. Mostly.;) But it is a tiny bit flattering. But the feminist in me wanted to call him a pig. After thanking him! :D

mollymom
08-18-2008, 10:27 PM
My NSV for today was that when I got just the bad news that my wonderful disability counselor was leaving, I managed to just cry..not go and get a bottle of wine and cry...just cry. Alcohol and I are not good friends, although it keeps whispering to me that it misses me.
( ANd I bet he is leaving because he was too good to his clients and the insurance company therefore had to get rid of him)

mollymom
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
My NSV is that I slid into a pencil skirt that was waaay too tight about 3 weeks ago. I threw on some 3 inch heels for work and totally got checked out by a co-worker. Which offends me. Mostly.;) But it is a tiny bit flattering. But the feminist in me wanted to call him a pig. After thanking him! :D

I hear you, but...if female coworkers say we look great, it is fine..I long for the days a little male admiration wasn't considered a crime. ANd yes I know the difference between harassment and admiration. Bet you looked hot though!:smug:

valpal23
08-18-2008, 10:43 PM
my NSV is that I was spiraling into a pit of feeling miserable about myself and making the wrong food choices (I decided to try weighing myself daily again) after a week of hating myself I look at my fitday and decided I wanted to feel good again by planning my meals and increasing my fibre intake.

I may NEVER be one of those people who can handle the daily/hourly scale fluctuations. And I'm okay with that.

pengbear
08-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Thank you, mollymom! I feel like I'm so much more confident now, and that helps too. Coworkers are used to seeing me shrink down and aim for invisibility, it's just been in the last year or so I've really felt like i looked good!

And way to go Valpal for not letting your spiral get out of control!

FB
08-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Good job everyone, and WONDERFUL NSV Valpal. That's a tough situation to pull yourself from.

I have two, pretty silly. One is a long story I'll make short. Hubby was making a snide (what he thought was funny) comment about weightlifting so I picked him up long enough to kiss his cheek. He weighs 278 pounds. He promptly shut his mouth and went upstairs to pout. :) He says no one has picked him up since he was our son's age (4).

Second, I bought some clothes today from a store that doesn't include a plus sized section. That's a biggy. For 8 years I've only shopped at stores dedicated to plus sizes or that include that section. I picked two pairs of pants off the rack, didn't try them on, came home and they fit perfectly. I also accompanied my husband to Old Navy and bought two clearance men's shirts for exercising. Size small. They fit great. All while wearing an old pair of pants that I last wore 8 years ago!

Cuter w Curves
08-19-2008, 01:33 AM
WOW! So many NSV's! Way to go all!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

My NSV - I have made it 24+ hours without ordering the quadruple cheese pizza I so want! :carrot::o;)

P.S. That is one reason why I make the trip to the mall when I am wearing clothing like that - not co-workers so I can be all like... YEP! I'M HAWT! :cool: Sorry... As much as a faminista as I choose to be... I still wanna be HAWT!

The Bookish One
08-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Finding this site and the support would be my current NSV...you guys are great.

amy

Agreed!!

I also have another NSV: losing 1 inch from thighs and arms, 2 from hips, and 3 from my waist during a recent fitness challenge on another site. The scale held steady and my clothes mostly feel the same, but those inches are gone!

Star2Be
08-19-2008, 03:50 AM
My NSV, of which I am VERY proud: one of my closest friends and I somehow got into the habit of baking whenever we get together--brownies, cookies, FunFetti cakes, whatever. Well she wanted to hang out tonight and I thought, okay great, but then she mentioned the idea of baking a cake and I thought "noooo!" I know that I have very good willpower, but since I haven't told any of my friends about trying to lose weight, I knew it would look extremely fishy if I didn't have a piece of the cake we made (which is/was basically the whole purpose of us making them, heh). But I resolved to make some cookies for myself instead while she made a cake, because I had been craving a very specific kind of cookie for some time. Well I am proud to say that I made 4 sheets of cookies (LOTS of batter, haha) and only ate ONE! And I don't feel guilty about it since it was so good for settling that craving, hehe. And the best part is, I'm throwing a small party with another friend in a few days, so I've already called her to let her know that we can serve all the leftover cookies as one of our refreshments. Which means they won't be around the house to tempt me! Yea!! Hopefully everyone at the party likes them/will take some home with them so I won't have to see them again. I know I could never bring myself to throw them away, since it'd be such a waste of food.

Anyways, I'm proud. :D

Beverlyjoy
08-19-2008, 06:15 AM
I went to a bridal shower on Sunday - there were folks attending that I hadn't seen in over a year. One women said..."Why you are a mere shadow of your old self." I felt so proud!

Folks...so many NSV's here. I am so happy and proud for you all! :D Yes, there are many more ways to measure victories than the scale.

Parveen
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I fit into an XL!!! I have not lost one pound in months! but I have lost inches all over! I went to Target to buy some sweatpants to run in and bought an XL, I thought it might be too tight, but it fit, i still need a long t-shirt to cover my hips and butt area, but it didnt rip when I bend over!!!

Edited to say"not an Xl, but an "L"!!!!" which is even better!!

mj5
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Great job everyone!!!!!

I have a couple...

I am wearing my once tight capris w/ a belt and they are pretty baggy in the butt and legs!!! The shirt I am wearing used to be uncomfortably tight in the arms and snug everywhere else--now it's almost too big to wear!!!

I LOVE to bargain shop, so I am going to do some this weekend!

I have also noticed that my face looks thinner. Finally...all of this hard work is paying off!

jennisue
08-19-2008, 11:49 PM
What a great forum -- I went shopping the other day to buy an outfit for an important meeting -- I found a blazer and pants but the sales person said the jacket was too big on me !!! it was a 16W-- they did not have it in a 14W but it really didn't matter because I was so excited-- The 22W was tight six months ago--

mollymom
08-20-2008, 12:31 AM
I was feeling kind of down today for several reasons but I still got my butt to the gym and did treadmill and weights. STill feel down'ish but guilt from skipping the gym won't be adding to the downs. And tomorrow is another day:^:

Star2Be
08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
^ I always tell myself to work out if I'm feeling down... I don't always actually do it, heh, but when I do it always makes me feel better. :)

My NSV today is that I realized a shirt I bought not too long ago already feels a little loose! Yea! And today I've been working on some sewing projects (I love sewing!) and I took in a sweater and a shirt... Waaaay in! Of course, they were both a bit big on me to start with, but shh. Lol.

mrs dorson
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
i have had a rough month so far. i have done well working out everyday (45 - 90 minutes depending on the day) and my food has been ok...not great but ok. decided to start a food dairy but that is another story. :(

i have been stuck at 234 for the whole freaking month. literally. up to 235 and then down to 234 and once down to 233 but right back up the next day.

can you say FRSUTRATING?:mad:

i dont measure myself till the 24th.(arbitrary day but it is day i did it first) so dont know on inches.:?:

here is where it gets embarrassing . NUDITY ALERT. dont read further if you think you will get offended.

when i am home, i dont wear clothes. none, zip, nada. yep, i am NEKKID.:yikes:

i was sitting at computer; reading and typing away. and my tummy itches. the part right under boobs. so i sat up straight and scratched. not really paying attention and then i realized....there is AIR between the bottom of my boobies and my upper gut! i have big boobs and those suckers have not had air circulating under them since puberty, well, not really but you know what i mean.:rofl:

i was perplexed. so i did it again. yep....AIR!! so i went to look at me in the mirror. really look and not just to see if the clothes are right side out before i leave the house. ;)

I CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!
i have a shape. i have a hourglass emerging from the fluff.:flow2::flow2::flow2:

i am so thrilled! :yes:

but blushing too.:o

Tammy73
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow, I love reading everyone's NSV. They are so inspiring. Way to go all of you!

My NSV happened this morning with my personal trainer. When I started with her a month ago I could only run for one minute on the treadmill then I had to walk for 5 minutes to recover and get my heartrate back down.
This morning I ran for 7 minutes straight and it only took 2 minutes to recover. It may sound small to some of you, but to me it was HUGE!
I can't believe the difference one month has made.

pengbear
08-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Awesome, Ladies! Isn't it great to have little moments where your body is not its usual familiar self? And Tammy, I am someone who runs only if a gun is pointed at me or a wild animal is chasing me, so I think 7 minutes is amazing. Way to go!

Cuter w Curves
08-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Mrs Dorson... Let me start by saying WTG! and then... ROTFLMAO!

1. I not longer feel odd about my nudist self at the computer.
2. Air below there... LMAO! I hear ya!

Dumplin
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Yesterday I went shopping . First of all I walk so much easier now. Then I tried on some shirts and the 2x's fit better than the 3x's

paris81
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm able to fit into a size 20 again! In June, I went shopping for new pants, but couldn't get the 20's past my hips. So, I didn't buy any pants, and I signed up for dailyplate and 3FC..and I went shopping a few days ago, and bought new size 20 pants that, although a bit snug, fit! I soon hope to be swimming in them!

mollymom
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM
wtg everyone! Geez nudity at the computer, nudity on the scales, we will need 3FNC soon ...you figger it out. I am not a great fan of clothes either...at least my skin always fits..well sort of LOL My NSV..I have remembered to take my supplements and meds faithfully for a whole week. Remembering that mid afternoon gabapentin is a pain..but then so if fibro LOL

Star2Be
08-21-2008, 01:53 PM
^ LOL 3FNC!! I would join, hehe. :rofl:

My NSV, of which I am VERY proud: one of my closest friends and I somehow got into the habit of baking whenever we get together--brownies, cookies, FunFetti cakes, whatever. Well she wanted to hang out tonight and I thought, okay great, but then she mentioned the idea of baking a cake and I thought "noooo!" I know that I have very good willpower, but since I haven't told any of my friends about trying to lose weight, I knew it would look extremely fishy if I didn't have a piece of the cake we made (which is/was basically the whole purpose of us making them, heh). But I resolved to make some cookies for myself instead while she made a cake, because I had been craving a very specific kind of cookie for some time. Well I am proud to say that I made 4 sheets of cookies (LOTS of batter, haha) and only ate ONE! And I don't feel guilty about it since it was so good for settling that craving, hehe. And the best part is, I'm throwing a small party with another friend in a few days, so I've already called her to let her know that we can serve all the leftover cookies as one of our refreshments. Which means they won't be around the house to tempt me! Yea!! Hopefully everyone at the party likes them/will take some home with them so I won't have to see them again. I know I could never bring myself to throw them away, since it'd be such a waste of food.

Anyways, I'm proud. :D

My latest NSV is that out of the ~50 cookies I make, I only ate two! Remember, they were my favorite kind, too! And I went to the party mentioned above (on a stomach already full with a healthy dinner) and didn't eat a single junky thing while I was there! There were tons of chips, dip/salsa, the cookies, AND s'mores, but I resisted it all. I felt so powerful, muahaha. And the best part is that the cookies WERE a hit, so now there are none left in the house to tempt me anymore! I swear, they were calling my name for the past couple days... One of the hardest times I've ever had resisting something! ;)

H8cake
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I've had two customers notice that I've lost quite a bit of weight lately. It's really funny to watch their faces, they do a double take and then quietly say it. Also the size 16's I was so excited to fit into are getting loose:carrot:

WarMaiden
08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Yesterday a coworker asked me if I'd cut my hair. Which I did...in May. I think what she was really noticing is that my face looks a little different because I've lost weight :)

mollymom
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Again, I stopped eating when I was full..put the rest in the fridge. Now that is a huge accomplishment for me.

BTW at my TOPS mtg tonight someone said well you lose a dress size for every seven pounds. I said OMG I am going to be a size six...NOT 100 pounds for this girl puts me squarely in a sixteen IN WHICH, having looked at old pictures, I AM SKINNY....looking LOL

JulieJ08
08-21-2008, 11:19 PM
BTW at my TOPS mtg tonight someone said well you lose a dress size for every seven pounds. I said OMG I am going to be a size six...NOT 100 pounds for this girl puts me squarely in a sixteen IN WHICH, having looked at old pictures, I AM SKINNY....looking LOL

It will vary a lot by person, of course, but I think she is nuts. In my experience, the larger the size, the larger range of weight it covers. I think 7 pounds might be the difference between a size 6 and a size 4. But I think I was at least 15 pounds in size 16 before I got down to a 14.

gr8smyl99
08-22-2008, 08:03 AM
I was at my bakery client yeseterday - and I said "no thank you" to treats!!

Beverlyjoy
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Two friends at two different times of the day said - "Wow, are you still losing weight. You look great." Boy, I felt good!

Star2Be
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM

LOL I wish... By that girl's standards, I should be at least a 12 by now! :rolleyes:

foxxy511
08-28-2008, 11:36 AM
When I first joined my gym back in January, they gave out free t-shirts. Being embarrassed about asking the super-fit owner for a XL (which would have been tight), I told him a L would be fine knowing there was no way it would fit me.

Now, about 8 months later, I put it on today and voila! it fits!! It's even a bit baggy! I'm going to wear it into the gym tomorrow morning for my workout!

NiftyTink
08-28-2008, 03:29 PM
I am finally able to fit back into jeans I was wearing before I got pregnant last year. No more maternity jeans!! Yay!!:carrot:

Sidheag
08-28-2008, 04:10 PM
My BF asked me to bake a cheesecake for his office. I baked my specialty: white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, which has an oreo crust. Oreos are my favorite cookies and we now have an extra package of them in the house. Not only did I not eat any while I was making the crust, but I haven't opened the other package...and don't intend to. Also, I can comfortably wear an adorable skirt that I bought a few months ago. Then I couldn't even bring the buttons together...now it fits fine. :)

pengbear
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Oooh Sidheag. Congrats on passing up the Oreos, and on fitting into the adorable skirt! Way to go!:D

Sandi
08-31-2008, 07:14 PM
*bump*

SuchAPrettyFace
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
My 24's & 26's are way too big on me now, the 22's fit fine, even a little loose sometimes. I am going to try on the 20's I have been saving. :)

Lunabelle
08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Wore my favorite shorts to go get my hair cut (favorite shorts from when I was 165 3 YEARS ago!) and my hairdresser was going on about how I had lost weight and could see it through my tummy! Even my mom chimed in from the chair next to me :)

Sea
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Good work Ladies!

I had two this weekend. First I took part in a dance workshop. Though the teacher was easy on us, it was still amazing. Four months ago, I was considering taking up using a cane just to walk. The second came as I walked up the stairs ahead of my dh wearing jeans. He noticed, telling me that, "You really have lost some weight!" That felt GOOOOODDD.