Weight Loss Support - 3FC Midsummers Night 5K Results Thread!

midwife
08-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi guys,

If there is already a results thread, I am missing it! But I have done my 5K and I am on my way out of town for the rest of the weekend and wanted to post.

I ran a lovely pre-dawn 5K in the great American Southwest. I watched the sun come up over the mountains. I have not run since Tuesday due to some minor pain and--WOW--my legs were rested. I flew along my route and set a PR of 28 minutes for a 5K.

Have a great weekend all!

preetyladyserenity
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
CONGRATS!!!

I just finished mine as well. I got a bit carried away and did a bit more. I did 2 miles on the elliptical and 2 miles on the bicycle. It took me 1 hour to finish it all but had a 10 minute break in between to lift some weights.

I feel refreshed. ^.^

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 12:09 PM
AWESOME JOB BABY CATCHER! ~ that is an outstanding time! You sure have come a long way this past year, I am so proud of you!

GREAT JOB Niece KATERINA! ~ That is not a bad time for you on those machines...plus some weights! I am so proud of you. You have accomplished amazing things...and you're still just a kid ;)

Well since Angie is out of town until Saturday night I had to do my 5K this morning with my mutts by myself. It was a very nice cool morning. We went 4 miles in 62 minutes. We had a couple of potty breaks and a few stops to read the neighborhood Poo News :)

I am planning to get a couple more in, probably one with Angie after church on Sunday.

Enjoy your 5K's this week-end and..........

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! The support means a lot to our TEAM of RACERS!

mountain mama
08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I did my first 5k of the weekend this morning as well :)

I did laps at the pool for a full hour (I lost count of the laps... I always lose count!! About 35? I don't know)

And then I walked home from the pool, which is about 6k or so.. an hour walk. It was a great workout and I def wanna start doing that more often!

I need to figure out how far it really is from the pool to my house. It takes me about 40 minutes to walk 5k and an hour to walk this.. I guess I could do the math... lol

Anyway.. congrats on the success' so far everyone! We shoudl have 5ks planned everyday! lol

ggmugsy
08-01-2008, 02:16 PM
This was my first 5k.

I am #38.

My goal was to be under 40 minutes and I my time was . . . . 37:45!!! :)

Whoo-Hoooo!!!

lovnmom
08-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I had a terrific morning..Lori and I decided to combine two loops together and just go for it. Combined they were just under 8.5 miles and we did it in 2 hours and 6 minutes. I'm feeling awesome. That was a terrific way to start August.
Thanks again Gary!!!

preetyladyserenity
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
GREAT JOB Niece KATERINA! ~ That is not a bad time for you on those machines...plus some weights! I am so proud of you. You have accomplished amazing things...and you're still just a kid ;)

Well since Angie is out of town until Saturday night I had to do my 5K this morning with my mutts by myself. It was a very nice cool morning. We went 4 miles in 62 minutes. We had a couple of potty breaks and a few stops to read the neighborhood Poo News :)

I am planning to get a couple more in, probably one with Angie after church on Sunday.

Enjoy your 5K's this week-end and..........

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING! The support means a lot to our TEAM of RACERS!

A very unfit kid to say the least.

Ah dogs, gotta love them!

fauxtini: Oh I am so jealous! I would love to do the 5 k in a pool. I am going to attempt it when I go back to Cyprus

lovnmom: Congrats! Wow 8.5 miles! You are so quick!

Diva
08-01-2008, 03:13 PM
#93 reporting! I was going to Wog (Walk & Jog) along the River tomorrow while dude fished and snapped my pic as I cruised by but his plant decided to schedule an inventory, so he has to work tomorrow, so I just went up to my GYM and did it on my beloved Treadmill, so no pics, sorry.

60 minutes 5K on the Treadmill.
Half was HIIT
other half steadily walking because my foot started hurting so I had to slow it down and not wog anymore.

Thanks Gary! When is the next one???;)

AndLy
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
#50 reporting in:

treadmill virgin-39 minutes 28 seconds!!!

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 11:22 PM
MORE RESULTS!

AndLy :carrot: Great job!

DIVA :) Sorry you didn't get pics...at least no one "fell" in the lake ;) hope the foot gets better. As far as the next one goes....I have a plan...I think I will post it on Sunday.

LOVNMOM :) Great job! doubled up and then some!

ggMugsy :carrot: Super job for your first one!

fauxtini :) Great job in the pool for your first one! Have you ever gone to mapmyrun dot com? If you do you can work your routes out.

GREAT JOB! :)

Karen31
08-02-2008, 12:01 AM
I got mine done today. Still not breaking any records but did 3.21 miles in 63 minutes on the treadmill. I hope to get another one in tomorrow and Sunday. Thanks again for setting these up!

Manick
08-02-2008, 12:29 AM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/manick_2008/FitnessQuest/th_b68d48c9.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/manick_2008/FitnessQuest/?action=view&current=b68d48c9.pbr)

Ok, a Midsummer Night's 5k #1 is done! Not sure there will be a number 2 for me this weekend, but maybe, we shall see...

I made a little slide show of my pics from today, hopefully it will work for you. Click on the picture above and it should take you to the site that plays it. I headed out to my favorite local bike trail path so I could time myself...

Are you ready?

38.16 :D
That is more than 10 minutes faster than my first one back in May!:cp:

It was raining earlier today so I almost postponed, but I got a healthy dose of inspiration, put on my new shoes and headed out the door! Taking pictures of one's own feet while jogging is very odd and difficult. I got some strange glances while I jogged along with a camera pointed down at my feet. All for 3fc!

Let me just say, that if I, a 199 lb woman can jog 2.5K, almost anybody can! Next time around I might be able to jog the whole 5K!

Thanks EZ for organizing us once again!!! :hug:

Onward..........:dancer:

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 12:50 AM
:carrot: AWESOME KAREN!...gee...you are getting the hang of this stuff ;)

MANICK..I LOVE the slide show! Thank you so much for helping to make this fun for everyone! AWESOME on that time too!

Diva
08-02-2008, 08:57 AM
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/manick_2008/FitnessQuest/th_b68d48c9.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/manick_2008/FitnessQuest/?action=view&current=b68d48c9.pbr)

Ok, a Midsummer Night's 5k #1 is done! Not sure there will be a number 2 for me this weekend, but maybe, we shall see...

I made a little slide show of my pics from today, hopefully it will work for you. Click on the picture above and it should take you to the site that plays it. I headed out to my favorite local bike trail path so I could time myself...

Are you ready?

That is more than 10 minutes faster than my first one back in May!:cp:

It was raining earlier today so I almost postponed, but I got a healthy dose of inspiration, put on my new shoes and headed out the door! Taking pictures of one's own feet while jogging is very odd and difficult. I got some strange glances while I jogged along with a camera pointed down at my feet. All for 3fc!

Let me just say, that if I, a 199 lb woman can jog 2.5K, almost anybody can! Next time around I might be able to jog the whole 5K!

Thanks EZ for organizing us once again!!! :hug:

Onward..........:dancer:

WOW Manick! You go girl! You rocked it didn't you?! I LOVE the little slide show, you are going to have to tell me how you did that. Maybe I can put a lil something together for the next one. Yopu've inspired me to try and shorten up my time to about 10 minutes less! :hug:

fiberlover
08-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Number 8 checking in!

New PB for me - ran in 38:05 !!!

mountain mama
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM
It's all gross and rainy out today.. but i'm still gonna bust out!! I hope It doesn't start pouring out of the heavens 2.5 km in! Lol

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
OUTSTANDING :carrot: LORI!

Good luck in the :rain: FAUXTINI

With Angie still gone the girls and I went for a nice walk this morning. About half was "sniff and poo" and the last half was a very brisk walk. We were gone 60 minutes for 3.5 miles.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR 5K's TODAY GALS! :hug:

Mrs Snark
08-02-2008, 12:22 PM

:cheer3: WAY TO GO GO!!! ROCK ON! That was just AWESOME!!!!!!!! :cheer3:

SunshineRunner
08-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Lucky #7 (and EZ's Running Mate!) clocked in at an all time best - 34:20 last night. It was a great run! I'll probably do another on Sunday, but resting today!

Writermom46
08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
#82 and 82 1/2 checking in. This is a personal best for us. 1 hour exactly with a 4 minute handicap for stopping every five steps to sniff something out. And two minutes saying hello to everyone in the park.

mountain mama
08-02-2008, 01:45 PM
The sun came out! Im on my way for 5k numero 2!

vixjean
08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Going on our route now, I'll tell you all more about it later. Have to remind my sis # 11 to move her butt this weekend.
Great job peps, I'll check in laters.

bluesurfgirl
08-02-2008, 07:50 PM
yay, i did it! it was the first time back to exercise in a long while. i walked on the treadmill. i had to break it into two session, 1.51 miles in 30 min. on friday and 1.5 miles in 29 min. on saturday, for a total of 5K in 59 minutes. i hope it's ok that i did that. i'm obviously not in the same kind of shape that i used to be, but i'm just so glad that i did it at all that i'll take it. ;) hopefully next time i can improve on that and try to do it all at once.

i'd like to offer a big thanks to ez :) for organizing the event and inviting everyone to join in, it was very helpful for me to have this. thanks!

brandnewme
08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
#37 checking in! 58 minutes exactly. Not exactly breaking any speed records, but better than my last time - and I hit my goal of 5 minutes less.

wyndymoon
08-02-2008, 07:57 PM
# 79 checking in. Did my 5K on my treadmill due to the weather. PB was 44:33.

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Lucky #7 (and EZ's Running Mate!) clocked in at an all time best - 34:20 last night. It was a great run! I'll probably do another on Sunday, but resting today!

Great time AMANDA! :carrot: You have done amazing things in such a short time! Just wait til this time next year!

#82 and 82 1/2 checking in. This is a personal best for us. 1 hour exactly with a 4 minute handicap for stopping every five steps to sniff something out. And two minutes saying hello to everyone in the park.

We could walk our dogs together WRITER...we go about the same speed :)

The sun came out! Im on my way for 5k numero 2!

Now you're talkin' FAUXTINI! :)

Going on our route now, I'll tell you all more about it later. Have to remind my sis # 11 to move her butt this weekend.
Great job peps, I'll check in laters.

Have you made it back yet? ;)

yay, i did it! it was the first time back to exercise in a long while. i walked on the treadmill. i had to break it into two session, 1.51 miles in 30 min. on friday and 1.5 miles in 29 min. on saturday, for a total of 5K in 59 minutes. i hope it's ok that i did that. i'm obviously not in the same kind of shape that i used to be, but i'm just so glad that i did it at all that i'll take it. ;) hopefully next time i can improve on that and try to do it all at once.

i'd like to offer a big thanks to ez :) for organizing the event and inviting everyone to join in, it was very helpful for me to have this. thanks!

Of course it is OK to do that! :hug: We just can't wait to see your improvements as we keep doing these! Exciting things ahead!

#37 checking in! 58 minutes exactly. Not exactly breaking any speed records, but better than my last time - and I hit my goal of 5 minutes less.

See how much you have improved since last time! :carrot: Each one, each day you practice will get easier and faster! great job!

# 79 checking in. Did my 5K on my treadmill due to the weather. PB was 44:33.

Another personal best :carrot: Maybe the race was too easy this time ;)

Karen31
08-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Ok, I did a second one but the time was really bad!! I did it on the Gazelle and was watching a movie at the same time so that accounts for that! But I did 3.05 miles in 80 minutes. But I also walked to our mailbox and back, with the girls of course, and that was another .56 miles. And all the other walking I did today cleaning house I got a total miles count for the day of 5.48 miles. Still want to get another one in tomorrow!! Thanks again Gary!

valpal23
08-03-2008, 12:54 AM
#4 reporting with a decent time of 52 minutes. The hiking trail I take was given a lot of new dirt very recently because it was washed out due to rain... so I did my 5k on a soft trail. Good workout - kicked up a lot of dirt

All the best this weekend everyone :cheer2:

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Great job KAREN! WOW! 3 5K's in 3 days :carrot: You are really on your way now!

VALPAL! I bet you did get a good work-out in! Just think of those extra calories you burned from kicking up that dirt! Congratulations! :hug:

Manick
08-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Hey 5K Crew,

I did another one tonight but I walked a lot tonight. 45 minutes for tonight's 3.2 miles, BUT that is 2/2 for August exercise days for me! My 41st birthday is looming large on the horizon :spin: but this is going to be a GREAT year for me, I can feel it!

So proud of everyone putting forth the effort to get these done! We talk the talk and we walk the walk!! :woohoo: Looking forward to reading about those to come!

GOOD JOB Chicks! :bravo:

Shay
08-03-2008, 08:24 AM
#61 reporting in...still not loving my time but loving doing these 5Ks. I did mine about 9pm last night on my treadmill. See you next time.

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
man everyone is doing so great this weekend. I worked friday and saturday. But this am i took the mutt for a 2 mile walk. And in a hr i'm going to finish my 5k by "Shopping til i drop". Its tax free weekend in Georgia...so i'm hitting up the outlet mall and another mall..definately will finish the 5k in style..with some extra lifting (aka shopping bags LMAO). Keep up the excellent work my friends. Thanks gary for getting this going. IT really is motivating!!!!!!!

zinkemomx2
08-03-2008, 11:26 AM
#70 reporting. Done on Friday in 52 minutes on the treadmill.

mountain mama
08-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I think I'm gonna walk away the pounds for 5k today. WHY MUST IT RAIN ON 5K WEEKEND? hahaha

EVeryone is doing so awesome! It's a real inspiration! ( sigh.. what would I do withoutthis site!! ? Hehe)

CyndiM
08-03-2008, 03:19 PM
#34 reporting in! It's been a challenging weekend this time - dodging rain drops and working with an achy knee. I'd hoped to do doubles at least 2 of 3 days, but it's not happening this time.

Friday - 10k+ on the bike
Saturday & Sunday - 5k walking both days

Thanks EZ! Wow, the next one it will be fall already. How did that happen?!

mountain mama
08-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm officially done 3 5ks for the challenge! Yay!! Can't wait for the next one :)

Cheree
08-03-2008, 04:41 PM
#32 CheRee reporting in!!! :running:

I just finished my 5K and I am sitting here with sweat dripping from my hair/neck onto my shoulders (and on my face and just all over, etc.) and all I can say is that IT FEELS GOOD!!!! I never thought I'd "see" myself typing something like that! :dizzy:

My husand is out of town, so I was on my own this time. Last time he helped push me some, so this time I had to push myself and be my own cheerleader. :cheer2:

My July 4th 3FC 5K time was: 49:05 (My Memorial Day 3FC 5K time was lost in the 3FC crash)

I'm happy to announce my 3FC Midsummers Night 5K time: 48:43 Yah baby!

Thanks to Gary for "running" these 5K's...they are very motivating. :carrot: WTG to all the 5K chicks!!! I enjoy reading about everyone's great successes!!!

midwife
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok, I did the second part of my challenge this weekend! I went on a 19 mile bike ride. I saw some elephants at the zoo from the trail. Very fun!:carrot:

tofuhead
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM

We just got home from our bike trip to the farmer's market. We rode a total of 8.7 miles - timing the last 5K at just under 21 minutes.

I was hauling a bike trailer with our goodies from the market and a printer we picked up on the way to the market (total weight had to be an extra 70-80 lbs) so it wasn't my best time, but I'm happy with it !:dancer:

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
well finsihed the rest of what i started this am. Not sure how far i walked...but i shopped for 4 hrs straight...and i power walk when i'm shopping. Not a leisure stroll LOL. I think i'll walk the mutt again tonight to make sure i'm good and 5k'd LOL

tofu-good job on the bike ride with extra towage weight...great job who cares about the time.

cheeree-doesn't working out feel good.

midwife....elephant huh...not everyone can say they get to see that while out exercising...

great job all!!!!!

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Well Angie and I didn't do a 5K today after all, so just the 2 for me for the week-end. I forgot it was meet and greet day at the dog park for our golden retriever group. Reba and Rylee got their 5K in ;)

GATORGAL ~ I am pretty sure you got that 5K in! I hope you got some good deals along the way ;)

TOFUHEAD ~Great job:carrot: sounds like the extra weight slowed you down a bit...but...:) I'm sure more calories were burned!

BABYCATCHER ~Awesome! What a way to spend the day :) Absolutely love the new avatar and especially this new ATTITUDE!...it sure looks good on you ;)

CHEREE ~ Yep, there is just something about your own work-out sweat that makes a person feel so good and clean! :) Improving every race! Just what we want to see :carrot:

FAUXTINI ~3X3 :carrot: You rock kid!! I am so happy you got so involved right out of the chute! By this time next year you'll be beggin' for a 2 5K's a day ;)

CYNDI ~ Sorry you didn't get in what you had hoped with the rain but I am so glad you stuck with it and still had 2 on the walk and a big one on the bike! :)

ZINKEMOMX2 ~ great job! Not a bad time girl :carrot: Glad to see you in another of these with us!

SHAY ~ Sorry you aren't happy with the times but I am sure as you progress the times will get better. Even if they don't you will be getting healthier and stronger with each one! :hug:

MANICK ~Awesome getting those 2 in! No doubt about it girl next year is YOUR YEAR! :hug:

mtiger
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
#35 checking in. Did my 5k last night as a wogger. Did mine in 47 min. And I was all sweaty when I got back too. It was pretty warm. Our neighboring town is having a 5k on Sept. 6. I'm thinking of signing up and starting to practice for it. I'm trying to talk my daughter (freshly home from college) into doing it with me. She says she is too out of shape. Hey, we have a month to prepare, right?

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 08:10 PM
:carrot: MINDY! Oh please do the 5K! you will have so much fun :)

I know that my first one almost 11 years ago (Aug. 10th 1997) changed my life for the better!

Because I was a smoker...until the day before it...and because I never walked anywhere I had a heck of a time getting through it! Took me well over an hour to do it! My son, although he was in high school cross country, ran it then came back 2 miles and walked with me, Angie and my daughter the last 2 miles in!

Now 3.1 miles is a piece of cake for me. I walk that almost every single day and I am 11 years older!

I even ran them for a while...did one in less than 26 minutes once and several at 28:00+. Now I usually walk them around 45 minutes...and visit with the people around me!

I hope your daughter does it with you!

YOU WILL HAVE FUN...and it just might coincide with "our" next one ;)

retiredone
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
#5 reporting in. Did my 5k walk/jog this morning when it was nice and cool and threatening rain. I walked 4.5 and jogged .5. Time: 60 minutes. (I have short legs!!!)

mountain mama
08-03-2008, 09:23 PM
EZ! thanks! I'm so glad I found this when I did. It's really kicked my motivation into high gear. I hope to be running these 5ks someday!!!

:) Super job to all you guys! 5ks ROCK! hehe

Clydegirl
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Big Bird and Little Bird reporting in.

This was our town's homecoming weekend and we got our 5k done along the parade route. We split it up but got it done in one hour.

Have to try and get it done faster next time.

wyndymoon
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
# 79 checking in again. I did a second 5k this morning. This time I rollerbladed it with my kids. It actually turned out to be 6.6 kms and took me 52 mins.

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
ISABELLA :carrot: Great job! Short legs or not you did fantastic :)

FAUXTINI one day you will run them...real soon if you keep up the good attitude!

WYNDYMOON ~Now that's the way to do a 5K...rollin' right along :)

BIG and little BIRDS :carrot: GREAT JOB! And you got home in time for the game ;)....but BIG BIRD....why would you wanna go faster?....spending time with those kiddos is what "these" 5K's are all about ;)

CountingDown
08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
#6 :scooter: Mama reporting in. We are back home and I actually hiked over 10 miles on Saturday, so count me in for THREE 5Ks :D

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 12:06 AM
:carrot: 10 miles hiking! DH playing hard to get? ;)

Great Job SCOOTER MaMA!

hope you had a nice week-end!

jenguin
08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
#39 reporting in :)

I didn't do much on Friday, but Saturday morning I did get up to run with my running partner/neighbor at 6:00. We went just under 10 miles in just over 2 hours so I managed to get 3 5Ks in on Saturday morning! (that is slightly less impressive when you know we were supposed to do 12 miles though). Unfortunately she had some knee and foot problems so we cut it short. I sent her home to stretch and ice it. Hopefully whatever it was is not too serious.

On the morning run I saw a sign that the farmers market was going on until noon so after I'd been home from the run for awhile I thought maybe I would check that out. I was going to bike there with dd in the bike trailer but she wanted to ride in the stroller instead, so I grabbed the stroller (she's 3 and it wasn't worth the whining to take the bike), my camera and dd and we were on our way! I think I ended up getting 2 additional 5Ks in from that! It wasn't very well planned as I was wearing my flip flops - lol! Just a tip for everyone - flip flops are NOT the best 5K footwear! I took some pics but I think I have to edit them to upload them as they turned out very dark for some reason - oddly enough, there was not a single cloud in the sky! The camera was also set to higher resolution so I would need to resize them too.

DD and I saw all kinds of 5Kers on our walk. We saw 5K runners and 5K walkers. We saw some on bicycles and some pushing lawn mowers. One guy's yard looked more like a 10K+ but he was using a riding lawn mower (The elderly lady next door was burning way more calories than he was though!) At the Farmers Market we saw a guy trying to sing and dance his 5K! DD was totally fascinated by that. We even saw a line of geese swimming their 5K in a pond along the trail we walked - the other geese had just finished theirs and were relaxing along the side.

That night DD wanted to go to the park and I think she did a 5K just going through all of the equipment (well, maybe only if I include the walk there and back - and come to think of it, I had to carry her part of the way home...hmm).

Today we went to the aquatic center and splash park. I didn't check our mileage but however far we went it took about 3 hours between the two.

Phew...I'm tired now! :dizzy:

If I get the picture thing figured out I'll try to post them. If I can't get it figured out I will try to figure it out by the next 5K so I can get better pictures from the start!

Clydegirl
08-04-2008, 12:18 AM
BIG and little BIRDS[/COLOR] :carrot: GREAT JOB! And you got home in time for the game ;)....but BIG BIRD....why would you wanna go faster?....spending time with those kiddos is what "these" 5K's are all about ;)

Funny thing is Gary she is always running ahead of me and I play catchup.

Just saw from the 6th inning tonight.

CountingDown
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Clarification - WE hiked over 10 miles. I'm taunting DH to get his own 3FC login and join in the FUN! We shall see ...

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 12:24 AM
JENGUIN! I LOVEYOUR STORY!! YOU GET IT!! SO COOL! :cool:

Funny thing is Gary she is always running ahead of me and I play catchup........

BIG BIRD my kids got real fast if they thought I was chasing them for "bedtime" ;)

Karen31
08-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello Everyone and Congrats to all for doing such a great job!!! I did another today on the treadmill --- still not a GREAT TIME but I did it in 64 minutes and I did 4.90 miles total today, only 3.1 on the treadmill. I really want to try to keep this up everyday. I think I can if I switch things around like WATP's, Gazelle, treadmill, and outside. At least that is what I'm going to try for! Thanks Gary!!

sweetnsassyfied
08-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Could of sworn I signed up for this. Ooooops. ;)

I did two as well and beat my best times too. The first was done in 57 minutes. The second I gave it an all out push, finishing in 54 minutes!! YaY Me!! :)

Did I mention this misplaced Michigander ( flatlander ) now resides in Austria. ( A whole Country built uphill :rotfl: )

I really should try this on a treadmill betcha without all the hills I could go even faster! Theres a thought... will test my times between the two for the next one.

Thanks Gary! :)

BlueToBlue
08-04-2008, 04:03 AM
#69 reporting in. :drill:

I did mine on the treadmill today, most HIIT and then 5 min steady state at the end. Here are my stats:

Mileage: 3.2 miles
Time: 28 min (exactly!)
Average speed: 6.9 mph
Minutes per mile: 8:41
Incline: 1%
Egrets: 0 (indoors on TM again, sigh...)

I also did a patchwork 5K, if you count the swimming I did yesterday and the elliptical I did today.
Mileage: 3.5 miles total (1.7 miles swimming + 1.8 miles on elliptical)
Time: 95 min (80 min swimming + 15 min on elliptical)
Average speed: 2.2 mph (1.3 mph swimming--wow! I'm a lot slower in the water than on land. Good thing I'm not a fish. 7.2 mph on elliptical.)
Minutes per mile: 17:08 (47:04 swimming, 8:20 on elliptical)

Mrs Snark
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Due to a flu delay, #33 PUCK (Josephine) ran her Midsummer Night's race this morning!

5.41 miles in a smooth and easy (if not overly fast) 57:10 and she's feeling groovy!

Oh, the thrill of VICTORY and the shameless HAMMING for the camera, it was a GREAT run!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/we_r_siamese/1-5k.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/we_r_siamese/2-5k.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/we_r_siamese/3-5k.jpg

mountain mama
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Haha!! Great pics, Tyler Durden! I love the middle one!! You look awesome and I dont know how you can possibly run with your hair down. I always have my up in some kind of random up do so it's outta my face!! heheeh awesome job!

midwife
08-04-2008, 09:41 AM
:rofl::lol3::cheer:

Mrs Snark
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Haha!! Great pics, Tyler Durden! I love the middle one!! You look awesome and I dont know how you can possibly run with your hair down. I always have my up in some kind of random up do so it's outta my face!! heheeh awesome job!

LOL, thanks, glad you appreciate my hamming it up for the camera. I take mugging for the camera to an all new level! ;)

Oh, and my hair is in a pony tail! I just have alot of it!

Tomato
08-04-2008, 10:01 AM
#13 reporting in.

Jenguin - loved your story!

Jo - awesome pics - I think 3FC should confiscate the middle one and use it somewhere as a banner - awesome! I am glad to see that you recovered from the pesky flu.

Gary, you did not think I skipped this challenge, did you? It's a long weekend in Canada, so I instead of 5K, I did 5 miles twice, on Saturday and today.

Saturday: 5.1 treadmill miles (I ran 3.7 miles out of it) + 2 dog miles
Sunday: 2 dog miles
Monday: 5.3 treadmill miles (again, I ran 3.7) + 1 dog mile
Total distance: 15.4 miles = 24.64 km

I may take the couch potatoes for another walkie in the evening.
And of course, please sign me up for the Labour Day challenge. Thank you so much for doing this!:hug:

SunshineRunner
08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Jo - love love love your photos - I gotta find someone to take some of me for the next race!!! :) You look so cool! :)

ifindhope
08-04-2008, 12:27 PM
#75 reporting!!

ok well this was my first 5K. i had a busy weekend and didn't do it all at once. . .

friday - took the dog for a walk, about 0.5 miles.
saturday - walked to the beach - 1 mile, walked back from the beach 1 mile
sunday - at work, walked to the store with my client. 1 mile there, 1 mile back.

all walking but total - 4.5 miles. i don't know how many km.. but more than 5! overall pretty good. next 5K i'll do all at once and see how i do. obv. i didn't time myself!

mtiger
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Jo- First off let me say, I wanna be you when I grow up, or I mean grow down? And look at those killer thighs of yours. Awesome! Okay, now that I've embarrassed you.

I did another 5k on Sunday. I actually did 4 miles in an hour. Not bad.

Gary- I am definetly doing the official 5k on Sept 6. It will actually be my second official one. I did one in June at our hometown festival in 46 min. Hey, maybe I'll get this one done faster. This one is in honor of an 11 year old girl who died of ovarian cancer. So it is also for a good cause, scholarships or something.

irishkatt
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
No 63 checking in....5 k was run on sunday..in the rain with a couple of friends for company..at a pb of 28min. Im doing about 3 5ks a week at the moment in prep for a 10k race the end of Oct...not sure what moment of mental madness had me sign up for that one! Looking forward to the next one.

Shay
08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
SHAY ~ Sorry you aren't happy with the times but I am sure as you progress the times will get better. Even if they don't you will be getting healthier and stronger with each one! :hug:

Thanks, Gary. You make a great point. I used to have a love/hate relationship with my treadmill but training for and/or completing the 5Ks is a great improvement. No dread involved now...I've already signed up for the next one.

mrsaugie
08-04-2008, 04:47 PM
# 30 finally checking in. ok so i am a little late in posting my results. well i did it on Saturday and i danced it i had a wedding to go to. and that is what i did.

dogpal
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
#85 Here. I did a 5K on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on my bike. It is such a blessing to be out riding and looking at all the pine trees. God is good!

Blessings all,
Annie

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
:bravo: KAREN I am so proud of you! Wasn't that long ago when 3 miles was way too far for you! If you can do this every day and even expand on it, time permitting, you are going to be in such good shape!

SWEETNSASSYFIED ~ I thought you had signed up too! I went back and looked, didn't find any record of it though...but WTG girl and :running: run without a number! Those times are fine for hills! I am sure you burned more calories on the trail than on the treadmill! Great job :)

BARBARA ~Great job on the :woops: and then throwing in some :swim: THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT :carrot:

JOESEPHINE ~:carrot: Great time for the miles PUCK! Pictures awesome as always! You really give these ladies something to shoot for! :( Sorry you were sick. I hadn't heard from you in so long I thought you might be :mad: mad at me!

FRIEDGREEN ~No I wasn't worried about it, I knew you would ketchup ;) WOW! 15 miles...will it ever stop?...of course not!! AWESOME :carrot:

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 07:04 PM
TARAH ~ Great job for your first 5K :carrot: They will get easier each time. Glad to see you on the TEAM :)

MINDY ~SUPER! :) You are going to get so good at these 5K's I'll have to add a MARATHON DIVISION for some of you :running:

:irish:KATT ~ You rock girl! great job....see marathon division above ;)....have a great time in that 10K...my wife and kids do a 10K mud run here...way cool :cool:

SHAY ~ :val3: we'll work on that relationship being a love one :val1: ;)

STEPH ~ :dance: and :running: all in the same day...OUTSTANDING! a little work and a little fun :carrot:

ANNIE ~ Great job on the :bike2: rides...smeeling pine trees and seeing God's beauty...what a day! Way cool :cool:

suitejudyblueeyes
08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Our 5k was a little more walking and a little less running than I had hoped, but both of us were pretty pooped from a long afternoon in hot traffic with no a/c! We made our 3.1 miles in 52 minutes, which gives us a 16.7 minute mile time - not too bad considering when we run as much as we can our mile time is still only around 14! :) I'll be training to beat that time next 3FC 5k!

just keep swimming
08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
#17 checking in here (a little late). Beat my personal best! 36:09. :D

jenguin
08-05-2008, 12:34 AM
JENGUIN! I LOVEYOUR STORY!! YOU GET IT!! SO COOL! :cool:

Ha - Definitely! It's all about the get UP and GO! Thanks, :coach:, for being so inspiring to all of us!

mj5
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I cannot believe it, but I TOTALLY forgot!!!! I was on vacation, I had my high school class reunion, and I forgot! I WILL do it this weekend....better late than never, right?!

Altari
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
It's been storming ALL WEEKEND! Ugh!

I'm going to do this tonight! It's exactly 3.2 from my house to the train station and back again, so we'll walk to pick up hubby.

sotypical
08-05-2008, 02:40 PM
yah I totally got nothing in :( I will try tonight but I might be going to the river....

Manick
08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
glad you appreciate my hamming it up for the camera. Ha! Love it! :D Great pics!

[COLOR="Red"]
ok well this was my first 5K. i had a busy weekend and didn't do it all at once. .
Hi Hope--you did it! Glad to see you on the 5K crew...there's always a next one!!

#17 checking in here (a little late). Beat my personal best! 36:09. :DWOW! :cp: Way to go! :cp:

CONGRATS to everyone! Love reading the stories!

Mrs Snark
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Does 3FC rock or what?!?! :)

Congrats to everyone for a great Midsummer Night's 5k! We rocked it!

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
JAMIE ~Sometimes life throws you curves. Way to stay in and get a hit anyway! Can't wait to see your "training" time next one :)

JESSICA ~ :carrot: great job on a personal best!

MJ5 ~ Your not late dear! We have no rules ;) I hope you had a good time at your reunion!

ALTARI ~ I hope you have a nice trip to the train :)

SOTYPICAL ~Enjoy the run or the river :)

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

jcatron243
08-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Well My plan was to do my 5k on Thursday but I was still recovering from running 5 miles on Sunday (my knees were very sore) so I did just over 5k on the elliptical. Then I was going to run my 5k on Tuesday, but the treadmills were filled up but here is what I got: 1.44 miles on the elliptical; 5.67 miles on the bike, and 1.67 miles on the treadmill.

FB
08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I modified my plan a little! 2 25k's on the bike, I was on a bike trail so it took a little longer than normal at about an hour each. 1 5k with the family and doggy which time wasn't counted, we were having fun!

Thanks so much!

EZMONEY
08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Way to stick to it JEN and FB!

MonteCristo
08-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I finally managed to squeeze in my 5K. I managed to bring my time down to 45 mins this time, and I felt so good that I went ahead and went to 10K, finishing in 98 minutes!

EZMONEY
08-07-2008, 12:26 AM
AWESOME MONTECRISTO!

ZedAus
08-09-2008, 04:57 AM
OH GOODY! It looks as though I can still post my results.

I was sick on the Friday and Saturday of this 5K, but I walked a 5k with hubby on Sunday and did another one on Monday, so maybe that one can replace the ones I missed when I was sick. I actually did another one on Tuesday, but that isn't really part of the weekend... is it???

Sorry I am so late in getting my results in, but I have had an incredibly busy week at work and my only 'down' time has been spent veging out on the couch trying to get my brain to slow down and get my legs to stop aching.

I just signed up for the NEXT 5K and am looking forward to it already.

Take care,

Zelma

EZMONEY
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I am glad you are feeling better ZELMA and that you are entered in the next one! Great job getting DH in on it!

That's what we're talking about!

Tamara
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Number 14 checking in, vacation tan included... LOL

I did the 5k over 4 days... power-walking and jogging in the BVI along a road from my BFF's aunt's house to a beautiful tree that marked 1.5 miles. I didn't time myself, but I power walked, with light jogging mixed in, to and from the house for the first day. The next 3 days, I did the same thing but walked only a to a beach that was 1 mile from my starting point. I also walked in 2 Jouverts, the Caribbean street festivals where we walked and danced for 3 hours STRAIGHT on two different mornings.

Manick
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
WOW! That sounds like a pretty cool 5K place (tiny bit envious ;))
Niiiice!:sunny: