Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/241/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello, everyone, I'm new!

This looks like a very supportive group. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I just ordered my first shipment today...I am excited and a little nervous. I really hope I can do this! I look forward to your support and sharing my successes and celebrating yours along the way! One question: How do you moms and dads out there cope with having to make dinner for your families and stay on program?

A

Last edited by Rnmomandie; 08-01-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: forgot something
Rnmomandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Rnmom

I have no superhuman power and I have been doing the Medifast for 2 weeks now so if I can do it...I KNOW you can do it! I don't have kids at home amymore so I am going to let the younger moms answer your question. I just wantd to say HI and welcome to the group!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #3  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey Andie, I have two little boys and a big eater husband (just wont cut those portions) anyway, You have to just set your mind to not eating what your kids are eating, ie, hot dogs, mac and cheese, pb&j (my fav). The first week I snook 2 bites of a pb&j and while I didnt sabatoge myself physcially, I knew I was hurting my mental challange of becoming the healthy, in control goddess I wanted to be! You Have to get a mantra or a head-set! It can so be done, and you can do it. The thing I do is just make them cereal for breakfast while I do a shake, for luch they have mostly sandwiches while I do chili or soup and a bar, then for dinner I have a much lighter version of what they are having... If its spagetti I skip the noodles. We all have salad at dinner, so I just make mine bigger than theres. Good luck, you can do it!
I
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/241/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Thank you!

Thanks for the welcome and the tips! I know I can do this if I set my mind to it...I'll just think of how nice it will be to do my bellydancing and actually not be self-conscious about showing my belly! (And having a little less belly to dance with!) You guys are awesome!

A
Rnmomandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #5  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Welcome!
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/157/128

Height: 5'6"

Hi,

I'm also new. My kids are in the 6th grade and 9th grade, so they eat "real food" now LOL, so they eat what my husband eats.

I find that I can really just tweak what they are eating to get my lean and green. If they are eating steak, I will measure out my portion and then measure out a portion of salad, and no problem. If they are eating something totally off-plan, like lasagna or pasta (which my very athletic guys love), then I will prepare a quick meal of a boca burger and some steamable veggies for myself, it really only adds maybe 5 minutes to food prep time.

As far as not eating what my family is eating, I haven't had a lot of problem with it, I think once you get past the first few days of MediFast and find yourself really committed, you learn to just realize that you have to deal with seeing food at home, work, social events, and it gets easier (I'm just beginning week 4 and it is already much easier than week 1).

Best wishes, you can do it!!!
purpleplaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #7  

I would think that the longer you stick with it the easier it will become. When you first start something so different it can be pretty tough until you adjust.
littlelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #8  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

It gets so much easier. Just like any new habit to learn, Medifast is now a way of life, but I had to practice at it daily, now seems to come natural.

YOU can do it!
DanLovesMedifast is offline   Reply With Quote