Weight Loss Support - What bad food did you pass up today?

vixjean
07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I passed up all sorts of good foods today at bouna beef, and had a salad, and I passed up the dressing too, and the scarey bread stick. I passed up some cake at work this week for someone's birthday. Most importantly, I passed up this craving I have been having for 2 hours (to go to white hen and get m&m's and an iced coffee - probably about 400 calories)

So,
What bad food did you pass up today?:D

EZMONEY
07-31-2008, 10:53 PM
A second handful of potato chips with my burger at dinner.

Ufi
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM
A stop at Kentucky Fried Chicken. It isn't a normal stop for me, but I came out of a store and the smell of it was drifting across the parking lot. I promptly got in my car, came home and got on this board! Whew!

AndLy
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Double chocolate chunk cookies, homemade by my 14 year old! She totally understands though and is supportive :)

Jessybessy082386
07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
I passed up on some Icecream Cookies at the market and decided to make a healthier version at home....Reduce Fat Graham Crackers with a dab of Reddiwhip in the middle frozen for 2 hours...YUMMO!!!

Lyria
07-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Well...none yet BUT its a Friday afternoon which means I will try my very hardest to resist the blue brie, crackers and wine.

I somehow think I am going to lack enough to resist it entirely so I will exercise moderation.

Goldana
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Packaged cheese noodles that my husband made to go with his dinner. My mouth was literally watering as he cooked it!
Instead, I walked away and prepared myself a romaine lettuce salad. :)

wisher
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm happy to say I didn't pass up anything today! I wasn't tempted by anything, I didn't have any cravings, I ate what I like and I liked what I ate. It all just went swimmingly! :D

Redheaded I am
08-01-2008, 12:08 AM
Well...none yet BUT its a Friday afternoon which means I will try my very hardest to resist the blue brie, crackers and wine.

Mmmmm....Brie!!!

I've been having a strong urge to EAT all day today, but I've managed to avoid a lot of stuff. First, at the children's film festival, I passed up the free (but calorie, fat and salt laden) popcorn. I brought a few cups of my microwave-kernels-in-a-brown-paper-bag popcorn and it was satisfying. There were others, but I think I'm proudest of that one.

mamaspank
08-01-2008, 12:30 AM
I passed up a shaved ice. I really wanted one, but sort of blew my points on high, high carb pasta and two slices of Texas toast. So that, and a few little things, was pretty much all I ate today -- but SO worth it!

blondebritbrat17
08-01-2008, 12:49 AM
My favorite ice cream at Marble Slab and my mom was going to treat too! That place is a tad bit on the expensive side for ice cream.

Skullarix
08-01-2008, 12:53 AM
I passed up on a pasta dinner... and someone came in to work with McDonalds, and I managed to suffer through that with out visiting McDonalds after work.

BlueToBlue
08-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Chocolate covered espresso beans. My SO always has a tub of them in the fridge and they call out to me every time I open the fridge. But today I resisted their siren call. :broc: :cb:

horsey
08-01-2008, 05:13 AM
I don't know what's happening to me - usually I have the urge to eat out, pig out, binge and the healthier I get the less I feel like I'm passing up anything really - ok, except the wine. I'm limiting myself to 4 glasses per week (per the Jillian story I read who said that's what she's doing). So I did pass up the wine!

Iconised Ghost
08-01-2008, 05:25 AM
I passed up an aunt betty's steamed microwave pudding ^_^ boy was i tempted

mountain mama
08-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Blueberry/cream filled crepes at a dinner theatre!

JayEll
08-01-2008, 07:19 AM
I passed up everything on the Chili's menu except the Guiltless Grill Salmon, which I had planned for ahead of time. 490 calories, beautiful salmon, lots of protein! And as a result, I was within my calories for the day even though we went out to eat. :cheer2:

Jay

txsqlchick
08-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I had a date last night and we went to an Italian restaurant that's local to the Dallas area. I couldn't find any nutritional information whatsoever on their dishes, so I ordered a pasta dish with a tomato-based sauce and, like a good girl, ate a reasonable portion of it and left the rest on my plate. I also ate it very slowly, one or two pasta tubes at a time, and chewed slowly.

I asked for the rest in a doggie bag because I didn't want to appear rude or like I didn't like the dish, but I intend to throw the rest of it away. Pasta makes me gain.

I've gained 1/3 of a pound since Wednesday, but I am also on my period and I always gain weight during that so I'm not very concerned about that. I have a spreadsheet where I track my weight and I mark the days when I'm on my period so I can trend how much water weight I gain during that period so over time, I know more what to expect.

Tomato
08-01-2008, 09:05 AM
None yet (I only had a healthy brekkie this morning) but this afternoon, our department is having "an ice cream break" on the patio. If the ice cream bars will be the same or similar to what we were offered the last time (the first ingredient was "hydrogenated vegetable oil" followed by a long list of unpronounceables) I will gladly pass up again.

mountain mama
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I passed up that second peice of bread for my sandwich. Open faced is good enough :)

lilukay
08-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I went to the grocery store and passed up all kinds of temptations! I stopped at the sweet section and looked at the WW snacks, but I even passed THOSE up!

JulieJ08
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Chocolate covered espresso beans. My SO always has a tub of them in the fridge and they call out to me every time I open the fridge. But today I resisted their siren call. :broc: :cb:

That is cruel & unusual punishment.

HoneyMustard
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
The last 2 days were difficult! But I did pass up the pizza I was going to order!(had the phone in my hand and everything!) The next nite, I passed up the KFC oven rosted chicken twister after looking up the nutritional info online. Made myself stir fry instead!

Lunabelle
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
passed up the leftover local pizza in the fridge for lunch!! Had some beef and vegetable soup instead! :) yay us!!

Altari
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Those leftover potatoes and pirogies in the fridge. I realized that I actually wasn't hungry and did some housework instead.

Tonight is going to be tough, because hubby and I are going out to dinner. I think I'll go for a small salad with some nice crispy chicken.

chickybird
08-01-2008, 03:24 PM
free cookie samples at the mall! Yay me!

Ufi
08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
People are doing so great!

Even though it was an emotionally taxing day, I passed up everything at the Starbucks inside of Albertsons and had a tea instead AND I passed up a huge mound of rice that had been served with my lunch. I had a few bites of it and realized I was "no longer hungry" (as opposed to being "full") from my chicken and asparagus.

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
My wife is gone for the week-end so I made my heart attack lasagna (that was bad ) but I ate less than 1/2 of what I used to eat (that was good)

So I guess I didn't eat (more) heart attack lasagna!

Naytally
08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Cookies and candy at the pool party I supervised in my community.

Elizabeth Isabelle
08-02-2008, 04:10 AM
popcorn. Don't bother telling me that there are diet kinds that are fine to have - that's not what I wanted. I stared at it, but passed it up.

s0nali
08-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Biscuits and gravy - I'm in the South now and I want it BADLY. But I figure I will be living here awhile; let's see some lasting results before I have it ... it should be occasional, not always.

So I had a salad. For breakfast. And it was good.

vixjean
08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Today I passed up a petite vanilla scone from Starbucks, and some sugar for my coffee, and passed up some ketchup on my breakfast.

So proud of everyone for passing things up too, that's how we do it. We don't have to say NO every time, just most of the time!

I'll be back with some personal feedback when I have a little time.

ghost
08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
sitting on my counter right now is a piece of spice cake with butter cream frosting and I'm not going to eat it. I may throw it in the trash and pour some windex or bleach on it to ruin it. I love my friends but sometimes their generocity is actually not a good thing.

vixjean
08-02-2008, 04:14 PM
ghost - windex now!

TinkFreak117
08-02-2008, 07:20 PM
cheesesteaks... ugh... and coming from philly.... it isn't the easiest thing...

KLK
08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Today, I passed up: A muffin, pizza AND garlic knots.

KLK
08-02-2008, 07:25 PM
OMG... throw that in the trash, cover it with windex, hand sanitizer and fertilizer and then haul the garbage onto your front lawn and set it on fire lol. I give you credit -- I think if I had that in my house, I would have eaten it.

sitting on my counter right now is a piece of spice cake with butter cream frosting and I'm not going to eat it. I may throw it in the trash and pour some windex or bleach on it to ruin it. I love my friends but sometimes their generocity is actually not a good thing.

murphmitch
08-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Paid $14.99 for an all you can eat buffet. Very tempting. They had a huge assortment of desserts: cakes, pies, cookies. Ate a salad, fruit, iced tea, and trimmed all the fat off of a nice piece of prime rib and ate a reasonable portion of it. I felt very satisfied after my meal but my husband felt stuffed and miserable after he filled his plate several times.

retiredone
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I passed up a full piece of cheese cake and had a sliver instead which was only 75 calories. I also passed up on left-over macaroni and cheese (which I dearly love) for supper.

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Great job ladies!

I passed up another hot dog I made for dinner...ate 2...wanted 3!

desilu48723
08-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I passed up a banana split. I usually don't crave ice cream, but yesterday and today I have been craving one. Any suggestions on what to eat instead?

Hart
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I over eat Sat night because I work overnight :( I KNEW I needed more food so I ran into the grocery store and quickly bought an apple, peach and bag of grapes- bypassing the entire pastry and deli section I had to run through!

I'm full. On grapes. 1.5 cups! Take that fat!

Oh and if you want ice cream- I suggest ice cream! haha- there is a slow churned brand with low sugar and no fat- delish I swear, bryers cappuccino chip I believe. 1/2 cup serving satisfies :) Also weight watchers ice cream is pretty good!

lilukay
08-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I passed up ice cream AND Auntie Anne's soft pretzels today. There's a shop opening up two doors down from work and they were giving away free food all day.

vixjean
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I passed up the 4th 1/2 slice of french toast today!

vixjean
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM
WOW passed up a full slice of cheese cake, NOT EASY TO DO Isabella!

Congrats on skipping that 3rd hot dog Gary, not easy!

vixjean
08-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Goldana- amazing that you fixed yourself a salad. I always find that hard to do at home, expecially if BF is eating something yummy!

JulieJ08
08-03-2008, 02:25 PM
I guess this is retroactive, but last week on vacation, my sister kept drinking these bottles of mojito drinks - I never had a one. Which was good, since for three nights in a row I did not manage to pass up a scoop of homemade super-rich chocolate espresso ice cream. One night would have been guilt-free, but three? Still lost though :D

vikkivma
08-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I really, really wanted a veggie burger with cheese, so I just didn't have the bun.

vixjean
08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
home-made espresso ice cream, OMG, I wouldn't have passed that up either, you would have to pull me away from it!

JulieJ08
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
home-made espresso ice cream, OMG, I wouldn't have passed that up either, you would have to pull me away from it!

My sister (already a fabulous cook) has taken up perfecting homemade ice cream. She only lives about three miles from me :dizzy:. She makes dark chocolate chunk; coconut; mint and oreo cookie; fresh peach; pecan praline; etc. She does *not* believe in compromising on any richness.

It's actually working out surprisingly OK - it's not that often (maybe once a month), it's so rich that one scoop is satisfying, and I find it soooooo easy to pass up any other ice cream now :D It cannot compare, not even premium brands.

The problem on vacation was that I was living with it, just sitting there in the freezer, every day :dizzy:

The other problem is that she is also working on perfecting various bread recipes :o

KLK
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
A big-@ss sangria and dessert at Applebee's...

chickybird
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I passed up the breakfast sampler at IHOP last night. Had the garden scramble instead. Meh....

gmdavis
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I passed up a delicious t-bone steak! It looked so good on my husband's plate...

Ufi
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Ended up unexpectedly at an Italian place when I got together with a friend today. Instead of a variety of delicious options, I had a salmon salad. And didn't eat it all, stopped eating when I was no longer hungry.

SunshineCA
08-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I passed up chips my DD offered to me earlier. Fortunately, she remembered I wasn't eating that and said, "Oh!! Never mind. You can't eat these." ;)

IrishRover
08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
I haven't had a mouthful of pasta since last tuesday (and I'd usually have it 4 times a week with loads of olive oil and grated parmesan) I haven't had a full rich tea biscuit (my favourite biscuit of all time, i think you can only get them here, they're very irish!) and I've seriously reduced my tea-drinking cos i always have it with milk and sugar. im very proud of the last one, im actually a tea addict and i was starting to get heart palpatations again from drinking so much of it! ooh, and I only had 2 small pieces of the gorgeous homemade toffee my granny got as a present!
yeow!:carrot:

Spoz
08-04-2008, 03:42 AM
my parents offered to buy me dessert yesterday when we went out for a meal, I ate all veg for my meal and had D coke afterwards. woohoo !

thistoo
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Today I did not eat the homemade oatmeal cookies my coworker brought in.

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 11:09 PM
It was yesterday at lunch

We took our dogs to dog park, on the way home Angie says "Wanna stop at In-N-Out for lunch?"...ah heck yeah!

Instead of getting 2 double-doubles I got only 1!

That was tough!....real tough!

Hat Trick
08-05-2008, 07:35 AM
At 10:30 last night I contemplated finishing off the bag of cheese puffs. Wasn't hungry or even close to it -- they were just there yelling at me. I turned on my heel and went to bed. Did a happy dance this morning too! :D

MonteCristo
08-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I didn't eat any of the brownies that my sister made yesterday. Instead I ate baby carrots......:D

WebRover
08-05-2008, 10:23 PM
it's so rich that one scoop is satisfying, and I find it soooooo easy to pass up any other ice cream now :D It cannot compare, not even premium brands.

The other problem is that she is also working on perfecting various bread recipes :o

Isn't it great that only the best will do? ;)

Can you get her to perfect a wonderful whole grain bread?

/////
I ate lunch at a salad bar today and didn't eat any of the salads with mayo or other prepared dressings. And I drizzled on olive oil and balsamic vinegar - no creamy blue cheese dressing.

Muffin Top
08-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Well, my mother and I went out to eat for dinner. There were some realllllly good looking desserts there, too. She wanted to get something, but I made sure that both of us didn't! Then I went and got coffee with a friend, and passed up eating a doughnut! :)

JulieJ08
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Isn't it great that only the best will do? ;)

Can you get her to perfect a wonderful whole grain bread?

/////
I ate lunch at a salad bar today and didn't eat any of the salads with mayo or other prepared dressings. And I drizzled on olive oil and balsamic vinegar - no creamy blue cheese dressing.

Maybe. She's kinda traditional in her cooking, not in a junky way, not in a boring way (she does all sorts of ethnic foods), but in a gourmet way. I think she considers it a matter of principle not to compromise on good taste. We just disagree a little about good taste ;). We were talking about whole grains the other day, and she basically like some things, but not half as much as I do. I may have to find the recipe I like; she did offer to cook bread with me and teach me :-). A medium to large loaf actually lasts me quite a while.

modcat44
08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
We had an office/staff meeting at Red Lobster--I hadn't been there in a looong time, but I passed on the yummy cheesy biscuits, didn't get any pasta or breaded things (just blackened fish with broccoli and rice pilaf), AND when all the other girls were having a dessert, I didn't order any, and took just a tiny bite of one girl's chocolate cake.

I felt so proud today, especially after not having a very disciplined week-end!