LA Weight Loss - The Step Diet - August

View Full Version : The Step Diet - August

sassybiscuit
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Hello ladies! Here is our August thread! Set your goals and get ready! :carrot:

sassybiscuit
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah! I'm up and ready for August! July went well, I hope this goes better. I based my steps on the Step Diet plan, so 403,000 it is. Seems to me that there isn't a whole lot of room for error.

Have fun!

CatR
08-02-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm ready for another month of stepping.

We've been getting smoke from the Yosemite fire, but this morning was gloriously clear for my walk. What a wonderful break. Smoke still comes in from other California fires with a West wind, but conditions seem to be slowly improving.

sassybiscuit
08-02-2008, 01:22 AM
Whew! I needed 12,000 steps today and I got 12,002 on my pedometer when I took it off!

CatR
08-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey! This stepping is pay off. Weighed 132.6 this morning. :carrot: Sunday is my official weigh-in day, so I may be finally changing my ticker.

Sassy: Nailing your steps like that is funny. Well, now you have 2 steps to bank. :D

sassybiscuit
08-02-2008, 02:29 PM
WHOOT! I can't wait to change my ticker either!

spryng
08-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Morning all!
sorry I haven't been on, been swamped:)
but friday was my weigh in and I'm officially down .6 for the week which is better than nothing. I came up short yesterday on my steps so today I plan on doing some extras :) then tomorrow I get to add another 500 a day :)
Cat congrats on your weightloss!!!!! that is awesome!

sassybiscuit
08-03-2008, 02:45 PM
WOOT! WOOT!

I have been stuck at 196 for 2.5 weeks! YUK! I was getting discouraged. Today, I got on the scale and it REALLY READ 194! OMG! OMG! OMG!

YEAH! I'm through the "stall". Can you tell I'm excited?! We are doing SO good!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

CatR
08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
My weight bounced up to 133.2 this morning, but I am down .8 pound since last Sunday. I am happy to have a new low with the 132.6, which means things are moving in the right direction. Maybe next Sunday will be ticker-changing time.

:cheer2: We all are doing good, that's for sure. :cheer3:

spryng
08-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello ladies! :)
Sassy that is awesome you broke your stall! those are very discouraging for sure! And yes we are all doing so well OP! :)
Cat I would jusy clm the 132.6 and throw that other number out :) you probably just had too much salt or something anyway :) I can't wait to see 132!!! seems so far away!

well I went to the dr today (annual, yuk) and I must say I HATE hospital scales! you are fully clothed with shoes and it just depresses me! it was 5 lbs heavier than I normally am and that was awful to see, lol.. but I know what my true weight is so I'm just trying to focus on that :) Well I did 35 min on the treadmill and I'm already at goal for today for steps. I'm trying to get extra in each day so I can take it easier on the weekends. I don't seem to move as much on the weekends, do you? my husband is home on the weekends and it's usually grill time and movie nights so we don't move much. So anyway, this weekend I didn't hit my goal either day so I'm taking control of it this week by moving extra during the week so the weekends I can just hit my average daily steps and not stress about it :) Also, I found myself walking in place this morning while putting on my makeup and fixing my hair!!! nice way to squeeze in some extra steps (I did stand still for the application of mascara though, didn't want to take an eye out, lol!) what little ways do you sneak a few steps in?

CatR
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I weighed 133 this morning, so changed my weight ticker. Why wait until next Sunday?

I work out Monday through Saturday as does DH. So it isn't that hard getting in my steps 6 days a week. I am going back to having Sunday as a rest day and will be making up the steps on the other days. I will see how this works. I think it would be hard for me to make up steps for 2 rest days.

Ultimately it will come down what works for you in terms of activity level and food intake for losing the weight and maintaining your goal weight without undue stress.

Right now, I'll take an extra walk after dinner if I need a few steps. It is really pretty here just before sunset. :)

5# more on the doctor's scale seems to be standard. I do drop my purse, but don't bother taking off my Birkenstocks anymore to get a lower weight. Nurses used to make comments about my weight and I weighed 3 or 4 pounds less than I do now. At least they don't do that now. I used to dread the weigh-in.

amyx33
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
hey all! havent been on for a while been on vacation with family and before tht js been busy with getting ready for school, i havnt been doing my steping. i kno.. horrible but i am about to start again. so :) i promise i will do it haha.

spryng
08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Evening all! :) so I'm at 6088 steps right now, well over my goal and I'm feeling great!! this week is going smoothly :)
Welcome back Amy! Yep hook that pedometer back on and you'll be back in the groove in no time! :)
Cat, yeah I may still have to walk more on the weekends too but hopefully no more than 10-15 min a day extra :) But we'll see how this week goes :)

well gals I'm off to bed, got another early start tomorrow. Have a great evening!

CatR
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM
:wave: Hi again Amyx. It was nice you could get some vacation time in before school starts.

Spryng--Now you have some extra steps to make up for your lazy weekend. :D

I'm feeling better too after July. I was getting flaky with my exercise because of the heavy smoke in our area from the California fires. Somehow, I managed to get the steps in. I would probably weigh 136 now had I not gotten back on track. This thread has been a big help. (My husband rarely misses a workout, so that helps too). The air has been clear for several days now thank goodness.

Hillarie
08-06-2008, 12:23 AM
OK everyone, Hello I am new here again. But let me tell you how so truly excited I am to have stumbled upon your forum. I had no idea that something like this existed. THE STEP DIET hello that screams my name. I love to walk and just today started wearing my pedometer again and decided that I was going to track my steps and try to lose this weight once again. I had no idea that you all were out here. I do not have the book plan on looking for it tomorrow but can someone please give me the info I need to truly get started now. I used to track calories and steps and try not to eat any more calories then what I walked off but that really wasn't the best plan because if I had a bad day and didn't get my walk in then basically I wouldn't eat. Not good for weight loss. I am so EXCITED. I feel like I can actually do this and make it work for me. I was struggling the last few days with trying to find something that excited me. This is so it!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE share with me what I need to do for setting step goals. Are they weekly daily monthly? oh please someone help me start now? thanks guys I am so looking forward to being here a lot. I feel like I might actually fit in here. I could cry I might actually belong and have a chance at loving and liking myself again! THANK YOU!!!!!1

sassybiscuit
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Hallarie - First off, WELCOME! We're glad you're here! :carrot:

About the step diet, the first week you shouldn't change anything. Just wear the pedometer and track your steps. This will give you a baseline at the end of the week. From that number, you'll be able to start at "your place".

I had someone leave a comment on my blog asking about it, so I'll just repost that. I completely encourage you to get the book. It's an easy read and has a ton of information.

The other ladies here can help a lot... they've helped me understand parts that I had gotten confused.

Anywho - Here's the post and feel free to ask anything! ;)

Hiedi

------------------------------------------------------

The premise of the diet is to move more and eat a bit less (when needed). It is broken into phases. A baseline phase that lasts 1-2 weeks. Losing phases last 12 weeks each, which is followed by a period (I chose 4 weeks) of maintenance before beginning another losing period.

For the first week, you track your normal steps and donít change anything. This will help you find a baseline by averaging your steps for the week. I averaged about 7300 steps per day over the baseline week.

For weeks 2 and 3, you add 2000 steps to your baseline week and attempt to move more. I had to get 9300 steps, so I parked in the back of the lot and walked up the stairs and it worked out OK.

For the following 12 weeks, you add 500 steps to your weekly number. For me, I had 9300 so I added 500 to it for week 4. I rounded up to 10,000 to make it easier for me to remember. In week 5, I needed 10,500 steps. In week 6, 11,000 steps and so on. I am now needing 12,000 steps per day.

At the end of the 12th week, you begin a maintenance phase. You get to choose how long this lasts. I chose 4 weeks. You lower your steps to maintenance levels.

The book is great. It has a lot of information, as well as conversions to turn other exercises into steps. I havenít converted anything yet because I am afraid I will goof it up.

I have not drastically altered my food intake and do not track calories. The book suggests eating 75% of whatever you want. I havenít done too much of that yet, just occasionally.

This seems to be a life change that I can stick with. I canít count calories. I become too frustrated and I end up failing. This, however, seems to be a lifelong thing. I started taking walks with friends and all kinds of cool things to get out and about. We even walk to the store now!

Enjoy, I hope this was helpful.

Karen31
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Hi There! I have ordered this book and it should be here in the next day or two! I'm excited to read it and get started. Thanks for doing such a great job of making this known to all of us!

spryng
08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Weclome Hillarie!!! :) So great to have another stepper! ok so for one week just do your normal routine and count your steps, at the end of a week you average those steps and then week 2 you will add 2000 steps to that average and you will be well on your way!! :) for the following 12 weeks you add 500 steps a week, it's pretty simple. I still recommend reading the book because it's full of good info but this will get you started for sure! also there really isn't a diet plan for this, just to eat 1/4 less of what you normally eat, and that doesn't mean to inflate your plates to 125%, lol! But please post daily with us and we'll definitely support you! :)

Cat it's so nice that your husband is working out as well to help motivate you to stay on track. I bought mine a pedometer and he let the kids break it the first night he had it. He's wanting another one but I don't know if he's serious or not. And yes, extra steps means less this weekend, woo hoo!

My day is going well it's 4:30 and I'm only 150 steps from goal so that won't be a problem and I peeked at the scale and I'm down another .6 of a lb! YAY!!!

spryng
08-06-2008, 06:30 PM
oops! sorry sassy! I didn't see you had posted already, didn't see a page 2 at all, lol! it sounds much better than mine for sure, lol!! :)

sassybiscuit
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
WELCOME Karen31! :hug:

Glad you are here! The book is definatly worth reading. No doubt about that. Keep posting, this group is really supportive. I would have never thought that forums could be this good!

:carrot:

PS - I love the dancing carrot! LOL!

Hillarie
08-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful knowledge. OK so this week I'm just wearing easy enough. I am on my feet running at work all day (I work retail) so I get lots of steps in but they are not intentional exercise. I know we're not supposed to cheat but I want to make a change now so do you think I can average the last 2 days walking steps into an equation to equal 7 and start adding extra steps already. I'm not trying to get the cart before the horse here but I know from earlier this year wearing my pedometer how many steps I take on a working day can I use that average? Please. I'll try to be patient with following all the other rules I promise. Do you think that will work? It would give me a baseline right?

sassybiscuit
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Man! There's a lot to catch up on here! :)

Spryng - It's okey-dokey! Were definatly being supportive! :hug:

Karen31 - Let us know when the book gets here and you start your baseline week. It's exciting!

Hillarie - Sorry it took so long to respond. If you feel like you know your baseline and need to start now, by all means go for it. I don't want you to get discouraged before you even start! I'll be honest and say that I worry that you will want to push hard, just remember to take it slow, it doesn't have to be fast to last forever. I had a hard time NOT doing extra the first week. I wanted to get started too, so I know what you mean! I must have done some extra, because I lost a pound the first week. :)

I can't remember what I have posted on here, but I hurt my knee on Tuesday. I decided (against friend's opinions) to take a Kickboxing class. I LOVED IT! I did, however, hurt my knee jump-roping. OUCH! It was sore and stiff all day yesterday and I worried about getting my steps. I really didn't think that I would pull it off, but tried all day anyway to get as many as I could. I was slow, but persistant. I got 12,656 and needed 12,500! WHOO-HOO! I did get on the treadmill for 20 minutes and SUPER SLOW speed... I went .72 miles in 20 minutes! OMG! I didn't realize how slow I was really moving!

Have fun stepping!

CatR
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
:wave: Welcome Hillarie and Karen. I am glad you found us. This is a fun, supportive thread.

Hillarie: Since you are already active, adding more steps now wouldn't be a problem. Just don't add so many that you become overwhelmed. All steps count towards your daily total. Life happens, so if you don't get in all your steps one day, you can try to pick up more in the coming days to make up. You can also "bank" steps---walk extra steps if you know there will be a day coming up when you won't be able to get as many in. So you don't have to think it is "cheating" if you come up short for a day or two or don't follow the rules perfectly.

Spryng: Good work on the .6 pound loss! :dance:

Sassy: Maybe the explanatory piece from your blog could be put in the first post of each month's thread. That is a good summary of the program. I always check out some of the new threads when they show up on the home page and probably a lot of other people do to.

We were writing our posts at the same time. :D I hope your knee gets back to normal soon.

marmi
08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to the Step Diet, but really excited! It makes perfect sense! (move more) I'm glad I'm not doing it alone, my best friend is doing it with me! I love competition.. HHEEHHEE I'm getting antsy though, I'm only on week one and not suppose to do more than I usually would.. but I have to admit, with the pedometer on.. I want to see how many I can get in! LOL. So far I have:

Monday: 2051
Tuesday: 3,335
Wednesday:2504

I have no idea if those are normal.. LOL.. But I'm excited for Monday! :exercise:

CatR
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
:wave: Hi Marmi. Welcome to this thread. I am glad you found us. This has been a fun and supportive group. I have lost 1 1/5 pounds since joining in July and feel great. It is wonderful having a friend to do this with. DH isn't doing the step diet, but he works out regularly and that helps keep me motivated to workout and stick with this program.

spryng
08-07-2008, 07:56 PM
evening all! :)

Welcome Marmi! so you all know, I am the friend she is talking about! lol :) We both work from home for our company therefore we are pretty sedentry so this has been the perfect plan for both of us for sure! I finally talked her into joining our thread! the more the merrier!!! ;) Your numbers are like mine marmi, lol.. For me having 4 kids you would have thought my average daily steps would have been more but nope, I averaged around 3400 a day my first week.. but hey, I'm moving more now and that is what counts! :)

Sassy, so sorry you hurt your knee! kickboxing sounds exausting, lol.. I just vacuumed my house and I got 1500 steps in! LOL!! boy can't beat that! LOL!! You must have a very active lifestyle to only have to be on your treadmill for 20 min and get to 12500 steps.. I'm having to get on my treadmill for at least 35 min a day just to get to 5900 steps... I can't imagine the hrs I'll be on there when I'm at my final 11400 steps in the weeks to come, lol.. probably ALL Day! LOL!! But that is ok, the 500 extra steps a week makes it easy to adjust to.

well, I need to do some more cleaning. Yak with you all later! oh and btw today I had to go to walmart to get school supplies and I've been cleaning so I'm at 5100 steps WITHOUT my treadmill at all today! I may jump on for 5 min before bed to clock in a few extra :) so I'd call today a busy success! :)

sassybiscuit
08-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Hi Marmi! WELCOME! I'm so glad you have Spryng! I look forward to the competition between you two (wink, wink)!

My BF says she "not keeping track", but I know that she is. She's just too competitive not to. So I'm officially doing the Step Diet, she probably has bought the book but won't admit to anything. HEHEHE!

My job is running or sitting... no in-between. I can't ever tell what kind of day that I am going to have. I had to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes tonight to make it!

Happy stepping all!

spryng
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Afternoon all!:) so it's 3pm and I'm already at 5700 steps for today, just 200 more to hit goal! I might get back on my treadmill tonight and do another 20 min or so in preperation for this weekend, but we'll see, lol.. I'm just exausted from the week right now.
Thinking of taking the kids fishing the weekend. It's not suppose to be as hot and it would get me moving more for sure, lol..
well, gonna relax for a bit.

sassybiscuit
08-09-2008, 11:53 AM
This is kinda a re-post (from a different thread), but I wanted to get your input. Hope you all are doing well. Today is my LAST SATURDAY that I have to work! :carrot: My hours change on Monday and will be Monday-Thursday. YIPPEE!

Anywho, here's the post... I think that I need your advice. :)
I made my steps the first 2 days after hurting my knee, though it's not so much my knee now as it is my calf muscle. It feels like I have had a Charlie-Horse for 2 days. My DH tried to get it out, though he was also trying to keep me from crying with the pain. OUCH! I only got 7100 steps yesterday, I just couldn't do it. ARGGGG... it is SO frustrating to me. I've been thinking and decided that there is no point in having an unrealistic goal. My goal for this week was 12,500 per day and there is NO WAY that I am going to get that everyday. So I've decided, in light of my current state, to change my goal for the rest of the week to 10,000 steps. I've got some making up to do from yesterday, but now at least I have hope. I adjusted next week to compensate me getting back to full speed and will be officially back on the same track as before on 8/20.

I had a hard time deciding to do it. It makes me mad that I had to, but I was afraid I would give up if I knew that they were flat out unrealistic for right now. Believe me, 10,000 steps is going to be a challenge. Worked hard yesterday on only got 7100!

I don't feel like I am taking it easy on myself, but have any of you ever changed your goals before?

spryng
08-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Sassy I would say if you are injured taking it easier on yourself is the smart thing to do. If you push yourself you could further injure yourself and then you'd be in a bigger pickle for sure! So yeah, cut down your steps this week, maybe you can make up for it by doing some dumbbell lifting? I know you can substitute weight lifting for walking per the book :) so maybe cut down your actual steps and make up for it with some weights? what do you think?

this weekend is gonna be a breeze for me. I only need 4900 steps a day to hit my entire goal for the week, so I plan on still getting in my reg goal for today so I can be real lazy tomorrow! LOL!! Also even though my official weight loss for this week was .6 lbs again that is now 1.2 lbs for the past two weeks, at least it's consistant! :) but I think I'm losing some inches for sure because my stomach is visibly smaller!!!! yay! it's my biggest problem area :) So I'm sooo thrilled with this plan for sure!

sassybiscuit
08-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Spryng - That's a great idea. I have some dumbbells at home. I'll look through the book and see what I can come up with. I wish I would've brought the dumbbells to work though I think that a coworker has some at her desk. Thank you so much! That's great that you are keeping up with your steps and seeing your tummy get smaller... that might be the coolest thing! I can't wait for my tummy to get smaller. DH says that it has, but I don't see it yet.

marmi
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone! I thought today was going to be a lazy day.. but I ended up taking my daughter out of town to buy her birthday party stuff. It's only 7:34 and I'm already at 6880 steps! WHOO HOO!! :running:

CatR
08-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Sassy: I think it is sensible to adjust goals for injuries or sickness. It doesn't make sense to plan on making up steps later after down times. A person could risk re-injury or wear herself out after an illness when it can take a while for to regain energy. 7000 could be a reasonable goal (or even less if rest might be helpful in resolving your problem), but maybe give some thought about not pushing it to 10,000 for a while.

Spryng: :carrot: for your diminished tummy.

Misty: Shopping can be a surprisingly good way to get in a lot of steps. :D One of my highest step totals came on a day when I did a super WalMart and Costco on the same day.

spryng
08-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Evening all!
ok so I'm about 1000 steps from goal.. just got back from walmart too but not at goal yet, lol..
Cat how is your weekend going?
Marmi, that is awesome! I bet you can't wait until monday and you add 2000 steps to your average! :)

well my sil offered to take the kids tomorrow so dh and I could go see a movie.. should be fun! we'll see if she goes through with it! LOL!!

marmi
08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I know! I'm antsy. I ended up averaging 4,000 a day (rounded up) I didn't realize working a desk job can have such an impact on my moving! Anyway, I averaged it out.. and each day I'm going to shoot for 4,286 a day as a MINIMUM goal. Yesterday I ended up getting in 7,277! :cp:
My 3 year old daughter loves it, if I can't get on my treadmill downstairs I just do some laps around the upstairs.. and I give her a piggy back ride for extra weight! LOL! So she's always telling me now "come on mom! Let's exercise!"

Spryng: :bravo: on the tummy loss! We're headed for bikinis next year for sure! :celebrate:

spryng
08-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Morning all!

well I think I'll get in some good walking today. SIL is going back on her babysitting deal, she's good at that, so we decided to just take the family to home depot. Lots of walking in there for sure :) We are gonna do some home remodeling very soon so I'm gonna see what's out there and get an idea on prices. We are doing hardwood floors in the living and dining rooms, tile the kitchen floor.. maybe hardwood floors in the master bedroom. Right now we have a 1/2 bath in there so we are gonna make it a full fledged master bath too, I'm soooo excited! we are finishing a room downstairs to be a the boys big bedroom and the girls can go upstairs and have more space and room away from the boys :) just lots of fun projects ahead and I can't wait to start! :)
so anyway, I should get some good steps in for today for sure! How is everyone's weekend going?

marmi, so tomorrow you will be at 6000 steps or so (first week of adding in 2000 steps to your average) I can't wait! then we can take our breaks together to hit the treadmills!! did you get yours unfolded and ready to go?

Karen31
08-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi! I'm still around and waiting for my book to get here. I thought I would have had it yesterday---Hopefully tomorrow!

marmi
08-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Spryng- Oh, am I suppose to add 2,000 each day? I thought it was 2,000 over the week average.
Absolutely! I'm working on that today. I cleaned all day (got 4117 steps in) Yay!

spryng
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
yep 2000 a day and then you'll add 500 a day for the following 12 weeks :) so if your average is 4000 this week, come tomorrow you'll be doing 6000 steps a day for a week, and then next monday you'll do 6500 steps for a week and so on :)

well my day was a succes! Didn't get one bite fishing but got in lots of steps. I'm over my goal for the entire week so yay!

Karen I hope your book is here tomorrow too! I know I really enjoyed reading it. When I ordered off of amazon it took about a 1 1/2 weeks to get it and that felt like a VERY long wait, lol..

Well, gonna have a late dinner, we just got home. Talk with you all tomorrow!

CatR
08-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Well Spryng, I spent a lot of this weekend getting ready for a trip to Crater Lake tomorrow. We will be back Friday, so I won't be checking in until then. I will continue counting steps though. :D

Happy stepping everyone.

Hillarie
08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Sorry I was AWOL guys. I became an aunt again Thursday afternoon and then had a 3 day week end and wouldn't you know I didn't put on my pedometer! I was really active though all weekend so I don't feel bad about it just p.o'ed cause I don't know my step count. I'll try to check in on a more regular basis I was just not around this weekend. Keep up the good work everyone.
Tomorrow I'll start my first increase week. So here we go!

Hillarie
08-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey everyone, It's just me again with a quick question. How long has everyone been stepping and how has your progress been so far? I'm so excited to actually start stepping toward a goal in the morning. I'm trying to find the best way to log them and track them the easiest for me still but so far I just write everything n a notebook and try to keep it organized and leave little spaces in between in case I need to add a note to myself later. It's getting hard to follow. go figure! Thanks for any advice. every step counts!

sassybiscuit
08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Hello all! Sorry I've been away, kinda bummed. I think that I am finally coming out of my minor set-back. I adjusted 3 days worth of steps to 5000 per day (which is low for me) to give my leg a rest and it feels much better today. So... I'm going to try to get my 12,500 today. We'll see! Perhaps it's a lofty goal, but I think that I can do it.

Marmi - Good job with all your steps! Yeah, I thought that the first week that I added 2000 was rough, but it made it challenging and I succeeded. I was actually kind of amazed. :) That's cute you give your DH piggy-back rides! That's got to be good exercise!

CatR - I took your advice and it helped. I just laid back and figured "theses days are out", now I'm just gonna try to get back up to speed. I adjusted my required steps so that I don't feel like the rest of the month is a bust. Have fun at Crater Lake!

Spryng - Your getting all kinds of steps. It sounds like you are doing really well!

Karen31 - I can't remember, are you taking a baseline or waiting on the pedometer with the book? I hope it gets here today!

Hallarie - Congrats on being an aunt again! Do you add your 2000 today? I started my baseline week on June 18th, so I've been doing this for about 8 weeks. I started this at 204 pounds and now weight 193, so weight loss of about 1.4 pounds a week. This week has been rough and I haven't weighed because I was already bummed, so that should probably be figured on 7 weeks instead of 8. I found the easiest way to track my steps and goals was in Excel. I just made a simple spreadsheet (which has now gotten fairly confusing because I keep adding stuff), print it out and fill in the blanks. Then I put it all in the computer. It makes it easy to figure everything. I keep a copy of it on my blog if you want to copy it. Otherwise, graph paper might help.

Have a great rest of the week... you all have kept me going through my minor "dip". Thanks!

spryng
08-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Morning all! :)

well I'm off work today, got a dr appt at noon and dh is in until then to so we are gonna run some errands this morning. Today I add another 500 steps to my goal so I'm up to 6400 a day now.. probably will have to hit the treadmill to get them all in but that is ok :) I'm soooooo happy with this plan I could cry. It's what I've needed for years!

Sassy, so sorry your leg got you down. But you have been doing so well and I'm sure you will get your steps back up there again :) just don't over do it :)

Hillarie, congrats on the new family member! oh I just love babies! This is week 4 for me on this plan and what I did was print out several months of a calendar from Word and on monday's I wrote what my goals will be for that week, like this week I'm at 6400 steps etc, on sunday nights I add up all my steps and make sure I hit my weekly goal etc, friday's are my wi's so I put that in there, but I keep it on my desk while I work and its very motivating. I see it all day while I work and before bed I update it with my numbers for that day, so that's how I've been keeping track and logging. :) But I don't have very much weight to lose so I'm losing slowly, I've lost 1.2 lbs the past 3 weeks combined. But it's been consistant for sure :) so I'm VERY happy with it.

Cat you are probably already gone but have fun on your trip!!!

Well I think I'll get off here and finish my coffee and start getting around. Yak with ya later! :)

spryng
08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
btw, I updated my ticker now so it's accurate again :)

marmi
08-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Good morning ladies! :wave:

I decided to start my adding 2,000 steps a day early, and was really dissapointed in myself that I barely reached it. :censored:
I'm gonna have to find a way to walk or something on my breaks/lunch etc. That will help!

Hillarie: I am starting my 2nd week on the step diet, and I've lost 2lbs so far.

spryng
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Afternoon all! :)

so where is everyone today?

Today has gone well for me, I'm already at my goal (6400) steps and I have open house at the school tonight so the kids can meet their new teachers so that will be more walking :) So all in all a great day!

Karen31
08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Hello--- Still waiting for my book!! GRRR! I have been logging in my steps and all on the "Daily Accountability-- August" thread. If anybody wants to take a look and see what I've been doing and what I need to do while I'm still waiting! I thought sure my book would be here today. Darn It!!

spryng
08-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Karen have you already did you one week daily average? if so go ahead and add 2000 steps or if you've already done that as well, start adding 500steps each week.. you can still do this plan without the book :)

spcdcider
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Karen we can wait for our books together. I replaced the battery in my pedometer today and began my baseline. Kathy

Hillarie
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Everyone! Good Evening! I I did up my steps by 2000 yesterday and I was about 800 short when I took my pedometer off to go do yard work and housecleaning so I'm sure that I got all my steps in, but have no real proof so I'll count what I can account for and make it up later this week. I've probably made them up already today. If I haven't already mentioned I work retail so I am always on my feet and going going going so my weekly goal for this week is crazy like at 83000 steps. But yeah I walk alot but obviously not enough! Go figure. Ok so anyway. I am finally off my TOM and can really tell because I lost like 4.6 lbs by this morning from a week ago but I know it was all water retention. Gotta beat the bloat! So do we get to count steps equivalent for other exercises? Like I bikes this afternoon to get my kids from daycare with my husband (he pulled the trailer) so I got like 4.39 miles in and felt really good even though I am soo out of shape! Thanks. I hope everyone is achieving their goals. C-ya later!

Karen31
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I've been keeping track of all my steps since August 1----Since I joined the Daily Accountability thread. How would I average them out? It has been as few as 4200 and as many as 15446. I can hardly wait to get the book! Guess I have to be patient a little longer!!

spcdcider---- How long have you been waiting? I ordered mine off of Ebay. I've been tracking it and it is coming but slow!!!
Have a good night!

sassybiscuit
08-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Hello ladies! Sorry Iíve been away, just no time to write. My schedule changed this week, so I only got 1 day off. YUKÖ I like having 3 days off and have kinda gotten used to it! Iím happy to admit that I am back on track, starting today! Whoo-hoo! I need 13,000 steps per day this week. Last week was a bum deal, but I didnít gain any weight and my leg is feeling tons better, so Iíll consider that a success. Thanks for the support, I was truly bummed! Iíve also been really happy with the Step Diet, I donít wanna NOT do it!  This thread is really growing!

Spryng Ė It sounds like you are doing so well! My kid started school on Monday. I donít think they should start until after Labor Day, but no one asked me either. LOL! We have our Open House on Friday. Itís gonna be fun. Iím hoping that this is another great year. Last year DS made all Aís!

Marmi Ė There are lots of days that I barely reach my goal. One day I needed 12,000 and got 12,002. LOL! It doesnít matter, just as long as you get there. My DH makes fun of me doing ďhot lapsĒ around the house at the end of the day to get my steps.

Karen31 Ė Iím with Spryng. If you wanna go ahead and start, I would. The book is just going to tell you to add 2000 to your baseline week average. Plus, if the book doesnít get here soon, weíll help until it does. To average your steps, just take the total of all the days and then divide by the number of days you counted. That would be a baseline. Then add 2000. Did that help?

Spcdcider Ė HI! I donít think that I had met you yet! Iím glad youíre here. Have a great baseline week!

Hillarie Ė You get to count other exercises, though I havenít done that yet so Iím not the best person to ask. I bet there is someone else on here that could help if you need it. Why do you take your pedometer off to do yard work and house stuff?

marmi
08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Sassy: Oh my! Here's I'm complaining about trying to get in my 6,000 and you have to do 13,000?! Wow! :yikes:

Spcdcider: :welcome3:

Good news is.. I am down 3lbs! Whoo Hoo! :carrot: And Spryng and I have decided to start walking on the treadmill every hour on the hour, so hopefully that will help me get my steps in! This week is just crazy with finals..

spryng
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
afternoon all! :)

So here is to another great OP day.. I'm 3/4 way to my goal and we are going out to dinner tonight so that is more steps as well :) yay! :) Yeah my week really is going well. But I do find the more steps I take in a day the hungrier I am at meal times, it's hard for me to cut down but I'm working on it :)

Misty, yep we will keep up the 5 min treadmill each day on the hr and it really does help! :) plus it breaks the day up and we don't get so bored, lol..

Sassy, yes I would consider last week a success as well!!! You are doing so great and back on track for sure! :)

Karen, still no book? yeah I ordered mine off of amazon and it took longer than I would have liked too, but then I'm not patient at all! LOL! I'm the worst. And yes, like sassy said, add up your daily #'s and then divide by how many days you averaged and there is your baseline steps, add 2000 to that and you are on your way! :)

Hillarie, yes why do you take it off to clean house etc? mine is hooked in the middle of my bra and it does not come off until the bra does, lol.. works like a charm and no one knows its there :) And yes there are step equivilants to other exercises, riding a bike you get 150 steps per min! :) So not too shabby huh? weightlifting is 100 steps per min.. the book has the full list :) yeah I'm thinking about getting a spinning bike for the house to shake things up, I like my treadmill but I'd like some variety too :)

Well guess I'll get off here and have some "me" time before I go get the kids from daycare. School starts tomorrow, yay!! :) and I took friday off, hopefully to go shopping but that is a tentative idea right now, lol..

Hillarie
08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Hey guys, I didn't intentionally leave it off I took it off to change clothes cause I hook it on my waistband and just didn't put it back on. I think I might have to up my steps another 2000 next week just so I will have to try to get all my steps in. We've been super busy at work so I haven't had any problems exceeding my daily minimum. Like today I'm already at 19153 and it's only 4:45. My goal daily is 11857 so I will surely way surpass my weekly goal of 83000. I guess I'll just see what happens. I'm not trying to push myself too hard but I don't really feel challenged yet. How do you all hook it on your bra, You must have a really thin pedometer. I don't think mine will fit. Ha Ha I'll have to see later I guess. Also do any of you have trouble getting your pedometer to register when your on the treadmill? I think mine messes up cause there's no real forward motion taking place to get it to go. I'm trying to work on the eating aspect but like I said we've been busy at work so with that comes extra stress. I'm trying really hard not to stress eat, but there are days it's either that or kill a coworker! Don't you love those days. I guess I'll check back in later. Chao for now!

Karen31
08-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Hi Everybody! Thanks for the info. I think since I weigh in on Fridays, I will use this Friday as my time to make my baseline. Guess I will just look back at 7 days and see where that puts me. Then I'll average it and add 2000. I sure hope my book gets here soon. I just tracked it and it is in Denver so it should be! Thanks again and I'll let you know how I do

spryng
08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Morning all :)

Well I hit my goal on the nose yesterday, lol.. I marched in place next to my bed to get to 6400 last night, lol.. hey any way you can get it in right? Today is the kids first day back to school and my youngest son's first day of kindergarten, they all look so cute! I'll have to post of pic of them :)

Karen that sounds great! and yes maybe your book will be there today!! :)

Hillarie, thanks for clearing that up about leaving the ped off, lol.. that makes perfect sense :) Wow.. 19000 steps! that just blows my mind, I'm picturing you running ALL day long, lol! I would have to for sure to get a number like that! LOL!! Yeah my ped is a clip kind and no it's not thin or small at all, lol.. it's actually kind of medium sized but rounded out, but I clip it in the center of my bra and under 99% of most shirts you can't tell it's there, if the shirt is clingy then you'll see it's outline but I don't mind.. the waistband didn't work for me becuase I shake my legs while I work all day which gives it an inaccurate #, whereas on the bra it can't detect restless leg syndrome under my desk! LOL! So that is why mine is there :) And no, never had problem with it tracking my on my treadmill, that is my main form of walking each day and I'll walk for 5 min at a time at anywhere betwen 3 mph and 3.5 and it tracks my 600-650 steps accurately :) What kind of ped do you have? I also found and heard that if you buy a really cheap one you'll get what you paid for, that not all peds are created equal... but if yours if tracking right (count out 100 steps and if within 10 steps of that it's accurate) then you are fine :)

well I better get these kids to school, just took their pic so I'll upload it today for you all :) chat with you later!

marmi
08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
yesterday worked extremely well getting me steps in! However, today I'm worried.. i'm home with a sick 10month old. My son's had the flu for the last 2 days.. he doesn't want me out of his sight, so i'm not sure how i'm gonna get my treadmill in today.. :(

spcdcider
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Karen31, I ordered mine from a seller on amazon.com last Friday. I ordered a book for my son at the same time. His came today my book did not.
sassybiscuit and Marmi thank you for the welcome and Marmi I hope your son feels better.
I have been watching my steps for a few days. Boy there is a difference in work days and stay at home days. I am a nurse and rack up 8000 steps at work.

Karen31
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi Everyone! YAY!!! I got my book today!! I haven't even opened it yet though. We had gone to the store for groceries and then picked up the mail. So I know if I start reading it now I won't get supper made, dishes done and my 60 minutes on the Gazelle! So will try to get all that done then sit back and start reading it! I'm so excited now!!!

Hillarie
08-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey everyone. Happy Thursday to you all! My pedometer is an Omron about three inched long rectangular. I've seen the rounded ones but can't seem to convince myself to try it. I haven't had any reason to doubt mine I walk a mile and it says a mile. Todays total so far is 16510 plus 3/4 mile on the treadmill that it won't register so that equals about 1902 steps approx. so together it's 18412. Yea! We also went to the gym and did some upper and lower body weight training so It's been a pretty good day I guess. It's rained off and on all day and the weather has gotten a little chilly for being mid August. I guess if I can't figure out how to get it to register on the treadmill I can always calculate it in. If I walk a mile it says 2536 steps so I'll just do math I guess.
On a family note my son Aaron is starting preschool next week and we still have to go school supply shopping. I think that if I keep putting it off it won't really be time for him to start school already. He's super excited though so I think that makes it a little harder. Oh well at least I still have little Madison to baby for a little while longer. thanks for listening. No weight loss to report yet either :(

spryng
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
evening all! :)

well today has been quite productive..already have in 7800 steps and I'm going to bed in about 15 min so I won't get much more but that is WAY over my goal! I took tomorrow off to go shopping with a friend so I know I'll get tons of steps at the mall and other stores we plan on going to :) I'm so excited!

Karen I'm soooo glad your book arrived! Enjoy reading it :)

Hillarie, sounds like you have a great ped. Don't have any idea why it won't log your treadmill steps, weird. But seems like you got the math all figured out and boy were you productive today!!! :)

Well I'm off to get the kids in bed, have a great evening!

marmi
08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Well, the end of the day is nearing.. and i'm only about 50 under goal. Which is pretty good for getting no treadmill in today.Running after my son all day was apparently enough! He's feeling a little better, so I'll be back at work tomorrow. Although I won't have my exercise buddy.. Spryng.. but have fun shopping! I always get tons of steps in when shopping. I even park at the farthest space now to get extra steps in to and from the car. :running:

Karen: Glad you finally recieved your book! Sure took a while hu?! :book2:

Hillarie:My daughter is getting ready to start preschool too! It's such a milestone.. makes me sad but excited all at the same time. But I try to think, and so should you, with them starting their own little lives.. it gives you a little more time for 'me time'.. which every mom deserves! :beach:

sassybiscuit
08-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Hi ladies! It seems like so much has been going on since I was last on here! I struggled to get my steps on Wednesday, but I got them yesterday. Man, my legs hurt, so something must be working!

I’m off work today and feel like I really needed it. Thank goodness this transition week is over! I work 4 10-hour days, which is cool, but when they are stressed filled… I just get so exhausted! I work at a crisis center for children and adolescents. We have children that have been removed by CPS come in, runaways, kids that were never picked up from school, the children that are left in cars… the list goes on and on. We even have parents come in and try to “give” us their children. Those parents just need help and support! Plus, we don’t accept donated children. (sorry, but lol) Sometimes we are slow (like yesterday) and other times we are crazy busy! It is mentally exhausting work, especially those teenagers! WHEW! That doesn't even start to cover the intense feelings I have when I see abused or neglected children. It's hard to "wash" those terrible scenes in my brain! I only had Sunday off due to my transition to program supervisor, so those days REALLY ran together.

My son started 2nd grade on Monday. I’m going to go have lunch with him today and he sounded so excited! I can't wait.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling on and on now. :)

Marmi – You’re so funny. I got on the treadmill every hour on my days off too. It makes it seem less daunting. I may even do that today! You’re down 3 pounds?! CONGRATS! I know that feels good. Are you in school for something? You have a little one starting preschool too?! WOW!

Spryng – Marching in place cracks me up, I’ve done that too. It’s nice to hear people doing the same “silly” things. My DH occasionally thinks I’m nuts over the step thing. I’ve never had a problem with my pedometer tracking on the treadmill either.

Spcdcider – I know the work day thing. It’s hard for me to figure out how long I should be on the treadmill on the days that I am off. I usually go WAY over. It’s on accident, but hey… whatever works!
Karen31 – I am so glad you got your book! Enjoy!

Hillarie – I can NOT believe the number of steps that you get…. You absolutely amaze me. Have fun with the preschool thing! Those are some of the best times… the kids just get so excited! I have no idea why your pedometer isn’t accurate on the treadmill. That seems so strange to me.

marmi
08-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Sassy: Yep, I am in college working on my bachelors. My days are so packed, walking 5 min on the hours is about the only way I can get it in! LOL. I work fulltime, then go to school.. and I have a 3 year old girl (Kaleigh) and a 10 month old boy (Kaiden).. well, if you count my husband I think I can say I have 3 kids.. HAHAHA! :rofl:
yes, 3 pounds makes me feel great! I'm so excited! This is the first thing I've done after having my son where I've actually been able to loose weight without some crazy meal plan that ends up failing. I'm trying to be patient though.. I gained like 50lbs with my pregnancy.. and it seems to be coming off really slow. But I've convinced myself slow is steady and steady means better chances of it staying off.

spryng
08-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Evening all!

ok had my FIRST 10,000 step day!!! shopping for HOURS will do that for you, lol.. my legs are sore, my shoulders hurt, lol.. good thing I can't afford to do this often, lol But I weighed this morning and I didn't lose anything this week :( hopfully next week I'll see a loss.
But I got a nintendo DS today and a game called My Weightloss Coach and it's really neat, it's all about stepping, even comes with a nifty pedometer that you simply plug into the DS at the end of the day and it logs your steps and gives you new goals and challenges etc, it's neat! Like it gave me a 1 min challenge to hold my arms out and rotate them for 1 min, I liked it, lol... so anyway, just more things to keep me moving :)

Misty, yep slow and steady wins the race! LOL!! I am learning the hard way too after 10 years of yo yo dieting and wanting instant weightloss :)

Sassy, I'm glad you got a day off! I was off today too and boy I needed it too, I'm off monday too, yay! I'll probably nap, lol

Well gonna play with my new "toy" now,lol.. yak with ya soon :)

sassybiscuit
08-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Marmi - My thoughts are with you. I just graduated in May 08 after spending 6 years in school, and working and having a family. Oh boy, talk about stress. I did come out with my Master's though! There are times I wonder how I pulled it off. Good supportive people around me is my best guess. Good for you! I know that it's tough, but well worth it! I also count my husband as a child... :dizzy: LOL! It's so hard to wait for the weight loss. I'm kinda bummed that I have only lost a pound this month, though I attribute that to the knee thing and I haven't gained. I'll just keep stepping! You're doing great! Take the kids for a walk or something.

Spryng - Congrats on your first 10,000! That's a huge number! Get to playing with your new toy and let me know about it. I have a DS, I usually only play Sudoku though. :p

spryng
08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Evening all! :)

Sassy, I'm only down 1.2 lbs in the past 4 weeks myself so I know what you mean, but you know what? I haven't gained anything and that makes me just as happy lately! :) Yeah I've been playing with my DS, can't wait to put my numbers in before bed. But I stopped using their pedometer.. you can manually put your steps in there and I LOVE my ped and I can wear it on my bra without anyone knowing and the one that came with the My Weightloss Coach is really big and bulky and it just wasn't comfortable anywhere so I went back to mine this morning :) but the program is neat and a great idea for people like us :) I'm debating on the Wii fit, anyone have one of those? We were at best buy today and they were literally flying off the shelves! So there must be something to it, lol.. I'm gonna get some feedback before I get one I think, but I love things that encourage weight loss and if you can make it fun and into a game it's even more appealing since I've always been a hater of exercise, lol.. hence why my average steps was so low, hehe ;)

ok well, it's late and I'm gonna go relax.. got a bbq at my cousin's house tomorrow which will be fun but I'm worn out! so glad I'm off monday, the whole house will be to myself, lol..yak with you all later!

Karen31
08-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone. I'm getting ready to go over to the accountability thread but I didn't get my walk in on the treadmill or the Gazelle. My neighbors house was struck by lightening this morning and I've been helping her with her animals. Everybody is fine. Her house does have some damage to it but they are able to stay there. No TV or phone but still very thankful. I made them dinner tonight and also just had to make homemade Brownies (comfort food you know) But I sent over half them back home with them. At least DH gets a little treat now. Anyway, back on track tomorrow!! Have a great night!

CatR
08-17-2008, 04:07 PM
:wave: Hi, spcdcider. I am glad you found us. We are getting quite a stepping community. :D

Crater Lake was beautiful (of course). This was our first visit and we timed it perfectly for the wildflowers. There were massive quantities everywhere. There were also a lot of butterflies, I suppose because there was so much food for them. I looked for meteors from the Perseid shower early Tuesday morning, but only saw a small one. There were too many trees at the campground to get of good view of the sky. We took enough hikes, so it wasn't a problem getting in the steps.

I spent all yesterday at a sewing expo which was a lot of fun. I found a few "tools" that I had to have. At least this only comes once a year. LOL.

Today, I am recovering from a wonderful week.

Good to hear that everyone is doing so well. :carrot:

marmi
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Sassy: Yes, stress pretty much says it all. LOL. On top of that, this week, I've missed two days of getting my goal in. After my son was sick with the flu, I got it too. I still don't feel completely back to normal. I was able to get the house cleaned today.. but no extra treadmill. So starting Monday I'm just gonna have to give myself a good kick in the butt to get moving! Yes, my husband and I have started taking the kids on walks. It's nice that it's getting a little cooler now too. The kids just love it! He's mowing now (while I'm doing my report for school) then we're gonna set up the volleyball net and play some volleyball!

Spryng: WOW! That sounds so neat!! I've seen those yoga games for the Wii, and they look really neat. I have to find different stuff too, or I get bored. I hate exercising.. LOL.. I DVR'd a 'Hip Hop Abs' the other day.. a dance video, it looks really fun!

Karen: I'm so sorry to hear about your neighbors! That is a scary ordeal!

Cat: That sounds so nice! I'd love to do something like that some time! I bet you got lots of steps in! Hiking is pretty intense!

sassybiscuit
08-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Spryng Ė I think itís harder to lose weight the smaller a person gets. I am also thankful that I havenít gained anything. I just donít think Iím small enough for this yet! :dizzy: I know what you mean! Iím glad to hear that you like the DS game! After trying and trying to find one, I finally got a WiiFit ordered. Itís not here yet, but I canít wait to get it! It should be here sometime next week, so Iíll be letting yaíll know. I hope you had fun at the cook out!

Karen31 Ė OMG! I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor! You sound like a great person to live next to! I bet you got a workout!

CatR Ė That sounds like a wonderful time! Iím glad your back!

Marmi Ė Itís hard to get all that done. Give yourself a little slack, youíve got a lot going on. Have fun playing volleyball!

I hope you all have a great week!

spryng
08-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Morning all!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Had that cookout.. it was alot of fun! we did Singstar on the playstation2 and then we took a very LONG power walk so I went way over my stepping goal for the entire week so I'm so proud of myself! today I add another 500 steps so now I'm up to 6900 a day... scary!!! and I'm off work today so hopefully I can get it in :) I'm afraid of walking by myself around the neighborhood so I guess it'll be the treadmill today :) But I thought I was getting the day off to nap or whatever but nope my house is screaming CLEAN ME! so I'll be doing that, lol.. But that is movement and then I have to go grocery shopping so that is more walking so who knows, I may not need much of the treadmill after all today, lol...

Sassy you are right, it is harder to lose when you are within 20 lbs of goal for sure.. so I'm not gonna let myself get discouraged if it's slow... Even my DS game won't encourage me to lose weight because when you put in your height weight etc it does your bmi for you and it says I'm in normal range so it won't set up a weight loss goal for me, lol.. but that is ok, lol.. I'm doing it anyway! bmi doesn't mean healthy for sure. and yes, let us know how you like the wii fit! I'm so curious to see if it's worth the 80 bucks it costs...

Misty, so glad you are feeling better!! hopefully by today you are 100% recovered! :) Did you get to play volleyball? that is my favorite sport :)

Cat your trip sounds wonderful! flowers and butterflies and hikes! that is a weekend get away I would love to do soon before it get's cold again! I am so happy to have you back here this week! :)

Karen, that is so nice that you live in an area where neighbors still care about neighbors! I hope they are all doing well and you are able to get your steps in this week :)

Well, I'm gonna round the kids up and get them to school and one to daycare :) I'll check back in tonight! :)

sassybiscuit
08-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, I just did 50 minutes on the treadmill. YUK.. so boring! We re-arranged the room that the treadmill is in (technically the office) to accommodate a small tv. Trouble is, I can't find a 13" tv. Can you believe that? Walmart has one, Best Buy doesn't sell them. I don't really want a new one. I've been looking on Craig's List and emailed several people about them, but no one will respond. The radio only gets you so far on the treadmill. :( So, I'm gonna email about some more tv's off of Craig's List. We have a neighborhood wide garage sale on September 13th, so I thought I'd walk around then and see if I couldn't find one. I've gotta work today and hoping that I can get my final 6,000 steps then. Right now, I have 7,371.

Off to the shower and work. Have a great day!

marmi
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Sassy: Tv's definitely help with the treadmill! When setting up my workout room, I wanted a small one like that too.. but even the used ones people wanted $50-$60.00 ( I couldn't believe that!) So I just bought one at Walmart. I think it was only like $110.00. It's got a built in DVD in it (so I saved the money of having to buy another DVD player. I've got mine mounted on the wall so I can watch it while I walk, or play workout DVD's in it. It's proved quite useful!

Spryng: Hubby didn't get the lawn mowed til it was time to get the kids bathed etc. so we didn't get to play volleyball. But he promised we would tonight. I'm excited! I love volleyball. I also talked to my aunt about playing tennis with me on weekends! I've never played, but it looks like fun.. and really great exercise!

spcdcider
08-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I am glad everyone is getting their steps in. My book should be here tomorrow. I will be done my baseline by tomorow night. So right on time.
Kathy

spryng
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Hello again! :)

well I'm at 5600 steps so far today.. only 1300 more to go, I'll probably do the treadmill for 10 min before bed tonight and call it good :) I've been averaging 700 steps per 5 min on the treadmill, been challenging myself at 3.5 mph and 4.0 just to get a little cardio in too :) my endurance has definitely increased in the past 4 weeks for sure! :) Like we went walking last night for an hr at powerwalking pace and I didn't even get tired or winded! that is progress! :)

Sassy, yeah I have my treadmill in my office, right in front of my desk so I have to look at it all day and I never forget to get on it several times a day :) I also have a tv in there that I listen to music on while I work and then I have a dvr in there that I will watch my favorite shows while I'm on the treadmill, usually in 5 min increments but I can get a whole show in before the end of the day, lol.. so I hope you can find something, 50 min on the treadmill is awesome though!

Misty, oh yes, tennis is fun! dh and I used to go all the time (prekids, lol) and it was great exercise, we still have all our stuff but I can count on one hand in the past 8 years how many times we've been since. I would love to take it up again :)

sp, hope your book comes soon! I still read a chapter or two of mine about once a week to keep me focused and on track. It's a very well written book :)

Ok, well I'm gonna stick a cartoon in for the kids and play some online games now :) chat with you all later!

Karen31
08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi Everyone. I thought that I would come here and see if I can get a kick in the pants! I did my average steps over the last seven days (not counting today) and average 10960. I usually walk on the treadmill or the Gazelle every day for at least an hour. But ever sicne the lightening hit my neighbors house I just can't seem to find my rhythm again! I didn't do the treadmill or the Gazelle Saturday, Sunday or tonight. It just seems for some reason I can't get back to it. I was hoping to add the 2,000 steps and just make it 13,000 but can't get motivated again....

marmi
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Karen: Hang in there! :cheer:
I am having the same issue.. But finding other things to get my steps in is actually working quite nice. What type of job do you have? Since I work at a desk, I walk on my breaks. When i go to the store (like walmart) I've started parking in the very back, which is halarious.. cause I used to spend 30 min circling looking for one right next to the door! :D
Try adding in some of the other alternatives (like lifting weights) you can even do that while watching TV! My husband and I played bagmitton (sp?) and volleyball last night for an hour. I had tons of fun, and got an extra 1500 steps in!

Spryng: I'm really excited to start playing tennis! I am going to go get me a tennis racket Friday! Too bad I'm too chunky for one of those cute little tennis skirts! hheehheee!! :rofl:

Karen31
08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Misty, Actually I don't work right now. My DH lost his job over a year ago and he is now close (5months) to retirement. I haven't worked here since we are trying to get this house sold and get moved back to MO. Trying to keep it in "Show & Sell" shape is a job in itself! I think I will try to get things done more in like 5 minute spurts at least until I can get over this BUMP! Thanks for the tips.
We did have a guy stop by yesterday to look at the house and seems very interested. He called this morning and wants to come back out today to talk to us. Keep your fingers crossed that this is the one!!

spryng
08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Evening all! :)

well I'm at 8200 steps today!!! I only needed 6900 so I'm excited! course I let myself eat a small lumch and breakfast and after lunch I got busy on a report and let myself get toooooo hungry so I ended up doing some bad snacking, chips and dip and cheesecake bites :( so hopefully the extra steps will help me out some this week. I'm gonna try harder tomorrow for sure.

Karen, yes trying to sell a house really is a full time job! we sold one a couple years ago and I swore I'd NEVER do that again! LOL!! the stress of viewings was too much! well with 4 kids it was hard to keep the house up for sure! I hope yours sells quick!

Misty, well you can buy a cute little skirt as a reminder of where you want to get :) a visual reminder ;o)

Well I'm baking bbq chicken for dinner. How is everyone doing with the 1/4 less food the book recommends?

CatR
08-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Bummer on 13" TV's getting hard to find. I got mine about 4 years ago at Best Buy. It is the perfect size for my workout DVD's. I just hope I can find another when I need to replace it.

I am finding it hard to get back to my regular routine after my trip and am behind 8200 steps for this week. At least I have some time this month to make them up.

So Karen, I have experience in getting derailed. A change in routine can do that. Tomorrow is another chance to get back on the wagon. :D

Marmi: Starting a new activity is a great way to keep those steps coming.

Sassy: I have a Nordic Track and find it boring. I am going to have to get over my aversion to it if I am going to get my steps in this winter.

Spryng: I have a basic diet of about 1600 calories and don't want to drop below that. I have followed this eating pattern for several years and have menus pretty much worked out. I just plug them into my meal planner and tweak a bit with the amount of fruit and nuts I have, so it isn't a chore. I get into trouble with the "extras", which can show up a bit too frequently. I can drop weight when I am consistent with my food and keep those steps up. ;)

sassybiscuit
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Hello ladies!
Itís my weigh-in day and once again, I came in at 193. I now need 13,500 per day. I have no idea why I am struggling. Itís still coming off, but so slowly and I feel like I am walking so much! Perhaps the last bit of August will seem more productive than the firstÖ at least I hope so!

I got my WiiFit last night. I had a CRAZY night at work and didnít leave until 1:30am (I get off at 9:30), so I didnít get to goof around with it. DH got it set up and made himself a profile. He is 6í2Ē and weighs about 200 pounds, which the WiiFit classifies as overweightÖ DH is now on a mission to not be overweight. I have to laugh at him because he pays attention to his weight, but heís worse than me when it comes to someone saying ďoverweightĒÖ I guess Iíve just gotten de-sensitized to it by now.

I need to get better about using the 75% rule. Right now, I drink a Slim Fast shake for breakfast and then I eat a Smart Ones for lunch. I usually have a snack before and after lunch. Lately my snack has been nectarines, I just canít get enough! I eat dinner every night, which is the only meal I feel like I could give up 25%. Giving up 25% of a Smart Ones seems a bit over-the-top to me. LOL!

Spcdcider Ė Did you get your book? How are you doing?

Spryng - You sound like you are doing awesome! You cracked me up with the skirt comment. I bet lots of people do that. I have a size 8 HOT tan leather pants that I LOVE and want to fit into again. They are my motivation. They look SO good with black heeled boots, a black turtleneck sweater and a funky belt. I donít think Iíll make it this winter, but perhaps next year Iíll be strutting around in my leather pants again. They are SO cute!

Karen31 Ė I agree with Marmi! Hang in there! Youíll get back on track. You have a lot going on if you are trying to sell a house. Take care (and a walk)! :hug:

CatR Ė You have been doing so much lately! Itís easy to get derailed sometimes, Iíve been there too. We have a small trip planned this weekend and I am actually considering NOT going because I donít want to goof up. Iím going to have to figure something out for the winter, the WiiFit may help. I think I need a TV.

Have a great day ladies!

spcdcider
08-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Sassybisquit, we returned from a few days away and it is here. I read some last night and will get to it in a few minutes. I am excited. My average looks like it is 9800 per week. So I add 2000 steps starting today.
I will be on the treadmill soon. I am enjoying Jillians 30 day shred and we have a Wii fit also. It is so fun.
Good luck Karen with selling the house.

marmi
08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm gonna have to check into those WiiFit's now.. I've been hearing alot about them! I'm always up for new ideas.. I tend to get bored really easy..
we bought our tennis rackets yesterday (my hubby even bought one to play with me!)

I have been eating less, and am doing ok with it. I agree with Sassy though, I also eat those smart ones (and also the lean cuisines) and those are tiny anyway.. LOL.. I haven't been depriving myself of a taste here and there if I want something-but I have been very conscious of what I'm eating and drinking.

spryng
08-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Hello all! :)

well today I'm feeling so lazy! overslept this morning which had me scrambling to get the kids to school and daycare and just through my whole day off, I've only done 10 min on the treadmill so far, good thing I got in almost 10,000 steps yesterday so I can go under today if I want to, lol..

Misty, I'm with you, I get bored easily too. I'm thinking about getting the new Firm program. With the new fanny lifter ect, I had the old one and it was a good workout but over the years I've lost discs and the fanny lifter too, lol

Cider, wow! you are a mover if your average is that high! Enjoy reading the book! :)

Sassy, I hear you on the weightloss! congrats on it though! yeah I feel like I'm moving more than I ever have in my life and my weightloss is stalling out or something, lol.. but then I'm hungrier than before and have more cravings lately too so maybe that is the real stall, lol..that is funny about your dh and the wii fit, lol! let us know how you like it! and what kinds of workout it has on it :)

Cat have you tried looking online for a 13" tv? I hope you find something soon! :)

Well tonight we are doing leftovers for dinner so that makes it easy on me, lol.. what is everyone else having?

Hillarie
08-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Everyone, Sorry I've been MIA! Super Busy week at work with the state fair in town Thank God it's over!!!! Ok so I've been getting my steps in. Yippee! If I didn't it was because I was off and had plenty in reserve for the week. I think that since I really haven;t done anything extra his last week that I'm going to rework my baseline. I'm getting lots of steps in and it's not a challenge so I'm not having to do anything extra yet. So here goes. 91618steps for the last 7 days! 13088 steps a day average that's equal to 5.16 miles a day. So say I set my starting goal at 95000 steps a week, that would make me have to do a little something extra to make sure that I accomplish it right? Am I completely crazy. I just think that my original baseline was probably too low. Help me out please. Yes I know it's an ungodly amount of steps a day. I'm on my feet for 9 hours at work daily and that's not counting 2 kids a husband and life in general. Does this really make sense to anyone? I know I'm crazy but I need more of a challenge I guess. Thanks!

marmi
08-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Hillarie: Wow! (13088 steps a day average that's equal to 5.16 miles a day) that is a lot of steps! I guess my desk job has me way under most people.. (hince, that might be a good factor in why i'm overweight right now LOL)

spryng
08-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Afternoon all!

the thread has been a little quiet :)

Misty, you are right, I think us having jobs where we are chained to our desks all day did contribute to our weight problems but at least we are learning new ways to get those steps in now despite it all! :)

Hillarie, yeah I can see how a state fair would get your steps in for sure! welcome back!

Well tomorrow we are planning a trip to the zoo.. hopefully... so that should equal tons of steps I hope, lol
today I didn't get any extra steps on the treadmill, just didn't feel like it, lol.. bad I know but I'm hoping tonight (I am having a girls night out) will help and then of course the zoo tomorrow.

CatR
08-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Things have been crazy since I got back from our trip. I should be able to post more regularly again. I am still behind my goal for this week, but hope to make up for it before the end of August. :D

Sassy: I hope your job settles down. That extra 4 hours made a really hard day!

Marmi: The difference between a desk job and a job where you are on your feet all day is a lot of steps. I know my step count can be as low as 4,000 if I don't do any exercise and sit a lot.

Hillarie: Are you doing any weight training? You can count it at the rate of 6,000 steps per hour. Since you are getting so many steps in already, it might be helpful to accumulate more steps with activities other than more walking for variety.

Spryng: The zoo will be a fun way to get in steps. Tomorrow DH and I will be going to an arboretum for some walking. :)

spryng
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
morning all!

wow, we only did half of the zoo and I was at 10,000+ steps!!!!! yesterday was my highest step day of all so far! I think when I went to bed last night I was over 13000 so today I can be real lazy if I want, lol..

Cat, yes there is still enough days in august to make some steps up for sure! what is an arboretum?

CatR
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Spryng: Good going on your 10,000+ steps. Zoos and parks are painless ways to accumulate the steps.

An arboretum is a park with gardens. My city acquired an old ranch on the north side a number of years ago. This would have been prime land for development, but the pro-park side one and we now have a large regional park with space for all kinds of outdoor events like the balloon races. The arboretum is in part of it and has good walking trails. It is fun walking around and seeing what is blooming during the Spring and Summer.

I am still behind around 10,000 steps for the month even after yesterday. DH and I will be taking a hike this week (maybe Thursday) that should make up a lot of those. This week's goal is 13,000 steps a day so I am going to be busy. :D

We have an old Nordic Track ski machine thing that I don't like to use and we have had for years. Today DH and I started looking at treadmills. :) I will need something like this if I am going to get my steps in this winter when I can't get outside.

spryng
08-25-2008, 09:38 AM

ok so this week my goal is 7400, kinda scary if you ask me, lol.. probably will mean hitting the treadmill every hr for 5 min all day AND doing another 20 min or so after work, lol.. but that is ok. I do want to list my goals for this week though, besides my stepping one. Ok for the past two weeks because my steps have increased sooo much since my average week I'm more hungry than ever! and I'm having a hard time controlling that hunger or satisfying it. So obviously I've been over eating and not losing any weight when the weight should be dropping off me since I'm moving more than ever. So this week, my goal is... EAT LESS!!! I got online last night and I ordered me a bunch of stuff from amazon.com (my favorite place on the web besides here, lol) I got jillian's 30 day shred book and dvd and break the fat loss code book.. they should be in fast becuase I put in expedited shipping, lol... I'm thinking I may need something more structured for awhile but at least the dvd will be an awesome workout. I also ordered The Firm. I have their old dvd's but I've never owned the fanny lifter. I always used a step stool and a thick book, lol.. so I thought I'd treat myself to their new dvd's and fanny lifter, I think it's called the transformer, but I can't remember right now, lol.. anyway, I'm SUPER excited about this one to include with my steps. I'm not sure how long it will take to get here so I'm thinking probably not this week. But hopefully by next week for sure :)
anyway, those are my plans for right now, gotta get more focused on my eating and get some lbs to budge! I don't want the lack of losing weight to get me down to the point that I will want to stop stepping. this has been the best and easiest exercise I've ever done! So I don't want to ruin it. :)

Cat the arbortum sounds lovely! We have a small park here but it's got lots of hills and suck on the trails so it's a workout to walk :) I havent done it in a LONG time. Maybe I need some outdoor walking.. there is also a walking trail at the college here in town that is more safe to walk alone on, maybe I should go there :) Get some fresh air before I go get the kids... hmmm.. wheels are grinding now, lol!
ok well I'm gonna get the kids off to school and myself back to work, hope everyone has a great OP day!!!! let's get those steps!!!

sassybiscuit
08-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Hello ladies!

I am glad to be back. I was out of town since Friday and had a ton of fun. I didn’t however make my steps ANY of the days, so today is going to be a power day. I am down 21,749 steps for the month, so that is my goal for today… we’ll see. I am down 25,517 steps for the week! OUCH! That’ll teach me. Those steps don't even count my 13,500 for today. I REALLY don't want to mess up the whole month!

Hey, there is good news. My weight stayed at 191 even though I ate out every meal. I tried to watch what I was doing, but it’s hard. YEAH!

It looks like everyone is doing well. Spryng sounds like she has a solid plan!

I’ll gab more later, I got a LOT of walking to do. I think I can, I think I can….

Hillarie
08-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Everyone, Man it's Monday already. Where did the weekend go? I got my steps in for today at 16137 so far and that doesn't include 20 minutes of weight training and 40 minutes of cardio at the gym this afternoon. I was supposed to mow the yard tonight also but we'll see if that gets done today or I put it off til tomorrow. I can't get my weight to go anywhere!! I am soo pisssed. I'm stuck at 215 and let me tell you it's not pretty. I was the FAT sweaty person at the gym today! I am so embarrassed!! Nothing is making my weight go away. I am starting over on my food journal maybe if I combine stepping and the journal I can get something accomplished. I'm determined to have a calorie deficit at the end of the day if it means walking and walking and walking. maybe I should try walking and eating at the same time maybe then the pounds won't stick to me. Who knows. I'm just upset. I have a goal to be less then 165 by my daughters 2nd birthday. So 50 pounds in 4 months and 16 days. Well that's the goal anyway. Somewhere close would be acceptable maybe. I'll shut up now. sorry. Thanks!

CatR
08-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Spryng: Jillian and The Firm will be great for getting in more steps. Hills are a great way to get in a cardio workout and are good for the legs. My outdoor walking at home involves hills. I would rather walk outdoors than do anything inside like an aerobics DVD or that Nordic Track (which I haven't done in a long time).

Hillarie: You are certainly getting enough exercise. I am going to have to start watching my eating if I am going to get below 133.

Sassy: I am going to be busting butt this week to make up my deficit. I took a 1.5 hour walk, did some shopping and a 15-min core work routine and only logged 13,442 steps---only 442 steps over my goal for the day. Guess I spent too much time sitting the rest of the time.

DH ordered a treadmill today. So good-bye Nordic Track. I have been giving some thought to how I want to figure steps for next month. I am considering dropping a day with the lowest step count each week which would count as a rest day. So my total for the month would be based on a 6-day week.

sassybiscuit
08-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Hello all!

Yesterday was a POWER day. Thereís no chance of me making up my steps for the weekÖ so Iíve officially missed my goal for the first time. It kinda makes mad, but lesson learned and Iím gonna move on. Now, I really donít wanna miss for the month, so I am going to be busting tush to get these steps made up. I only have 6 days left in the whole month. YIKES! I got 23,311 steps yesterday. It was grueling and I donít think that Iíll be doing that again anytime soon. I need one more power day (not near that many steps though) and Iíll do okey-dokey for the month. Man, this month has been a real challenge.

Hillarie Ė OMG! You do a LOT of moving! Try not to be too upset, itíll move and it makes you feel REALLY good when you make it through a stall. Iíve been through two (one worse than the other) even though I didnít think I would stall for quite some time due to my weight. You can make it. Look through your food journal, itíll probably tell you something. Are you applying the 75% rule? Iím trying to do that but am struggling with it a little bit.

CatR Ė I love my treadmill, but boy can it be boring. It certainly was yesterday! Basing a total on a 6 day week is a really good idea, then you definatly will have a rest day. Iím struggling with never seeming to get a day off, perhaps Iíll think about that too!

Take care and happy stepping!

spryng
08-26-2008, 09:31 AM

ok so yesterday was MUCH better! I thought I had blown it at dinner when I ran through taco bell instead of cooking.. but I was thinking that I need to get more strict with my eating even if it's counting calories. The 75% rule in the book really doesn't work for me because it allows too much room for error (for me anyway, lol) so I decided to join the daily plate website and it told me to lose 1.5 lbs a week I can have 1600 calories a day.. so I logged in EVERYTHING I ate yesterday and I was at 1328 for the day, even with taco bell! maybe I didn't do as bad as I thought.. But I think until my book comes in I'm just gonna log calories for a few days, I think my book and dvd should be here today though, we'll see :) But anyway, that is my current plan, lol

Sassy so sorry you missed your goal this week.. but like you said it was a lesson learned and you'll do much better :) wow, 23000 steps in one day! you must have not stopped moving at all!!! that is amazing!!! were you ravenous?

Cat, congrats on your treadmill purchase! I use mine all year long, I really love it :)

Hillarie, you are a stepping queen! all those steps AND structured exercise! WOW! Kudos to you for sure! But I understand your frustration with your weight.. I'm right there too. Im moving more than ever and I'm either staying the same or gaining some.. gotta work on that for sure.

Well I better get the kids off to school and me back to work, yak with you all later :)

spryng
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
So quiet today...

ok so I already got my steps in today thanks to a trip to walmart, lol.. I also got my amazon.com shipment, the one with jillian's book and dvd, ok I'll do the dvd but her book will not work for me. It's low calorie which would be fine but it's also very similar to south beach and I've already tried that diet and didn't like it in the end so I don't want to go back to it and then her exercise program mostly has gym equipment involved and I don't have a gym membership so again, that won't work for me. It was a good read and I collect diet books so I'll add it to my shelf, lol! but her 30 day shred dvd will be put to use for sure! only requires 30 min, dumbells and a tv, I can handle that! LOL! so I plan on starting that tomorrow. Hopefully my Firm system will be in soon also.
But I think I'm just gonna cut calories for now. I like not having to track or journal but I need something different since I'm not losing with the stepping alone. But I'm not going drastic, per thedailyplate I should do 1600 a day to lose 1.5 lbs a week so that is my initial goal, yesterday and today I came in under goal so yay!! Hopefully this friday I have some good news to report on my WI! :o)
alright, guess I'll get off here. Hope the quiet thread means everyone is out stepping! lol!

Hillarie
08-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey All, What a day. I get off work just to come to the realization that I had locked my keys in the car! What an idiot! Luckily there were people there that could take me home if needed, but I was able to jimmy the lock with a piece of wire with some help from a co workers husband and got in only an hour later! AARRGGHHH!!!! So steps for today so far are 17052. I really don't know too much else. Sorry to be so short tonight I'm ready for bed.

spryng
08-27-2008, 07:30 PM
evening all!

boy today has been awful. I think I have the flu. I had to take off work 3 hrs early and go to bed, I was so cold with body aches and fever etc... when I woke up my body aches are gone but my head is pounding off. I'm off the rest of the week so hopefully I feel better by tomorrow. We are going down to my parents in oklahoma this weekend so I want to be better by then for sure.

Hillarie,
terrible about the keys! I've done that twice before and thankfully my insurance covers that at 100% to call someone to come out and open the doors, lol.. hopefully I don't do it again.

So where IS everyone? this thread is becoming a ghost town and I must admit it's discouraging me.

ok I'll check back in later.

CatR
08-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Hillarie: I bought a new car (my first and probably last new one :D) 4 years ago. The next day, I went to the grocery store and locked my keys and purse in the car. No money, no cell phone of course. The store let me call my husband so he could rescue me. Fortunately, he worked nearby.

Spryng: I didn't post yesterday because I didn't make my step goal again, fewer than 10,000 steps when I am trying for 13,000. I think that 12,000 steps for 6 days a week is a reasonable goal for me. I am going to drop the lowest step day to allow for a rest day. I figured my monthly goal on the basis of 7 day weeks, figuring that I would make up the steps I missed on Sunday during the week. I am getting kind of worn out trying to do that because it has meant 14,000+ step days the rest of this week. I am also trying to maintain a meditation practice and I am running into time problems.

I could lose weight in the past by keeping my steps above 10,000 per day with Sunday as a rest day if I kept my calories 1550-1600. So 12,000 steps should work OK and probably make for a sane life. :)

A friend of mine has had problems with some kind of flu the past week. I hope you are feeling better soon. I lived in Tulsa for 2 years about 35 years ago. I don't miss the Tulsa summers with the 100+ weather and very high humidity.

sassybiscuit
08-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Hello ladies!

It seems that I have little time these days to write, except on my days off. I’ll get better about that, I don’t want anyone getting discouraged! Things are going well! I woke up this morning to a scale that read 190! WHOO-HOO! I can’t wait to be in the 180’s. On another note, I think that I might be reaching my “tipping point”. I have to get 14,500 steps per day this week and it is difficult. I can see maybe going up to 15,000 or possibly even 16,000, but I think I’m going to have to go on “hold” at that point. It’s just too much. Does anyone else feel that way?

I’ve been thinking about September’s goals and getting my plan ready. I can’t believe that Monday is already Labor Day. September is my 3rd month of accelerated step count, so it will be my last one then I’ll go into a maintenance phase for a month or so. That kinda scares me, as I don’t really know how many steps I need to maintain. I was thinking about 12,000 or possibly 13,000, but I may still lose at that point. This past week of 13,500 and now 14,000 seems to be the point at which my weight falls. That’s good to know. Hey! I’m learning!

Spryng – You have always sounded so determined. When something isn’t quite right, you figure out a way to blend things to work for you. It’s inspiring to me. I’m kinda a do-it or not-do-it kinda person and have a hard time blending.. can you tell? I'm not even adding other exercises, just steps. You’re helping me with that and I appreciate it! I don’t know why, but I haven’t really been hungry lately. Even on the day that I got 23,000 steps I wasn’t ravenous. I wonder what’s up. I kinda like not always thinking about food…. oh well, this too shall pass. Darn it. I may have to buy those DVDs your talking about. I need to start planning for cold weather or things could go bad and we’ve all worked too hard to have Old Man Winter goof us up! Hows the flu? Gone I hope!

Hillarie – I’m sorry you had a rough day… those stink. I still cannot believe your step count. What do you do all day?!

CatR – How is the dropping a day thing working? I’m thinking about September and thought that it might help me. I feel like I’m at a “tipping point” (Has anyone read that book? It’s awesome!). I understand how it can wear you out, I’m still trying to make my goal for the month because I got myself REALLY behind last week. Time is precious and escapes easily!

The Daily Plate and watching calories sounds like its working for some. I wonder if I could do it. I'll just keep stepping for now, but I'll look into it. I promise I’ll post more often. I’m always thinking that I want to respond to everyone and I don’t have all the time I would like. I’ll just have to split my time better. I hope you all are well!

spryng
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM

so sorry about my post yesterday, I was so sick and feeling down and I didn't mean I was discouraged. I'm sorry. I just missed everyone posting so often on here :)

today I'm feeling MUCH better, my muscles hurt from all the aching yesterday but I'm gonna see how I feel after lunch and then try jillian's dvd I got.. even if I can only do 10 min I'd be ok with that :) I just need my body to start shrinking and giving up the fat! LOL!! I did weigh yesterday morning and I am up 2.5 lbs, I need to change my ticker, I'm now at 145.3 :( that is depressing in itself since I'm moving more than ever but it just shows you can move more but if you still eat more you'll gain weight, lol.. lesson learned. I'm not going back there :)
yesterday I did come up short on steps but I was in bed all afternoon and didn't feel like walking more when I got the kids home, I had 5000 steps for yesterday, so 2400 short. But I figure on sick days that is allowed, lol.. I should more than make up for it this weekend with the fishing derby and all :) But I was right on with my calories so that should count! LOL!

Sassy, Im usually a do it or don't do it person too, lol. But I'm finding lately that I have to make some changes or I may never get these last lbs off, lol.. my body is not my friend anymore, lol.. it's working against me! So I have to add in more exercise and watch what I eat more, which I HATE doing but I know if I don't the stepping alone isn't going to get me there because I'm losing control over my eating :) And yes i know what you mean about "holding" your steps. you guys all step much more than me and I'm finding this week of 7400 to be incredibly difficult to reach each day. So I can't imagine what my final goal of 11400 steps will feel like, lol.. I'll probably have to start getting on the treadmill before work for a solid 30-45 min and still need my 5 min increments while working just to hit it which I'm not looking forward to becuase I honestly hate exercise, lol!! but I'm taking it one week at a time and one step and so far it's working! this is the longest plan I've stuck with in a LONG time, I really do love it :)

Cat, you can still post even if you don't hit your goal! no one is gonna think any less of you, goodness knows I don't hit my daily goal at least once a week, lol.. Oh yes I love tulsa! my parents are about 2 hrs south of it. but my dh cousin lives in tulsa and we love to go visit her, in fact we are thinking of moving there next year :)

well I'm off today and tomorrow so I'm gonna pop in a movie and fold some laundry and have a quiet day at home :) I'll check back in later! :)

sassybiscuit
08-28-2008, 01:43 PM
Spryng - I am so glad that you are feeling better. I can't wait, I have a quiet-home day tomorrow and I am going to love it!

Ya know, I am willing to post when I don't make my goal. It frustrates me, but I do it anyway. We all goof up sometimes. I get tired of being on the treadmill for an hour every morning. This morning I could only squeak 20 minutes out of myself. It'll all be fine.

I check back later!

Karen31
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around. I did get my book read but I got way off track last week with any kind of exercise. So I'm going to make this a fresh start on Sept. 1 and start with the baseline that I have figured at 5989 steps. But I know when I get on the treadmill or the Gazelle I usually get in at least 9,000 steps in or more. I'll try to post more often now too. It is just so frustrating trying to keep things ready to show and sell and tend to everyday things PLUS get in my steps. BUT I WILL DO IT!!!! Have to think positive!!

CatR
08-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I got my steps in today. :carrot: All 14,000+. I got in some weight training in the morning. Then I had errands in town. I walked around a lake in a park for 45 minutes after eating lunch. That was a nice change.

I had a rest day last Sunday, which was good. The problem is that my goal for the month counted that as a 13,000 step day and I actually did about 6,000 steps.

The treadmill is supposed to be delivered next Tuesday. :D A neighbor is going to help get the beast in the house. At least it doesn't have to go up or down stairs.

I am glad you're still with us Karen. I am going to be posting in the 50+ September Accountability thread. It is time for me to pay more careful attention to my diet.

spryng
08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Afternoon all!

well this will be my last post for this weekend, we are headed out of town arounf 4pm and I've been working all morning on packing, laundry and cleaning (I have this thing about having the house immaculate to come home too) I'm still feeling better but I woke up so sore this morning and my head throbbing off my shoulders, but I hit the excedrin and I'm feeling much better so hopefully I'm completely over the flu now and cross your fingers that none of the kids come down with it while we are gone, lol..
Anyway, my steps have still been shy of my goal the past two days but with being sick I was just too tired to get on the treadmill, I did stay within my calories but I did my official weigh in this morning and I don't know if it's the flu or what but I was up two more lbs!!! how is that possible! I have not been over eating at all.. so I'm hoping it just water retention, we'll know for sure next week :)

anyway, everyone have a great day and holiday weekend and I will check back in on monday! :) :) :)

CatR
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Spryng: It is best not to worry about steps when you are sick. You need to let your body get well. Glad to hear you are doing better in time for your trip. You'll know better what your weight is after you have gotten back into your old routine.

I had a nice long walk this morning and am up to 12,200 steps so far. So this will be another day when I make my goal of 13,000. :D

I am going to make a point of posting every day no matter what. If I am not posting, it usually means I am running amok: not eating right, not exercising, not weighing myself (like that is going to keep the damage from happening). :devil:

sassybiscuit
08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Me too! I'm going to try to post daily too. I read it everyday... now I just have to admit things. I am worried about not making my steps today, but I am going to sit on the couch anyway. I'll get up in a little bit.

CatR
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Got out for a pleasant walk this morning. There is a doe with 2 fawns in our area. :)

DH and I are celebrating Labor Day weekend by staying home. Temperatures are supposed to drop into the 70's for the next couple of days so that will be a nice change. I'll be getting out for some weeding with the cooler temps.

Karen31
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi Everybody! Well, between walking outside and doing the Gazelle today I got in 15238 steps! But after watching about a 350 pound bear watch me I decided that most of my walking will have to be done inside now! They are getting ready for Winter and I don't want to be on their menu!! He was pretty big!

Have a great rest of the Holiday weekend!

sassybiscuit
08-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone!
I can’t believe it, but here we are… the last day of August. It’s been an interesting month for me. I hurt my knee and went on a trip where I didn’t get enough steps. It seems that all I’ve done this month is try to catch up! I have to get about 17,000 steps for my final catch-up and I will make my goal for the month. WHOO-HOO! I can’t believe that I might actually make it! I got on the scale this morning and it said 190… I started the month at 196, so I’m losing 1.2-1.5 pounds per week. I wish it was a little faster, but at least it’s fairly steady.

I finally found a TV for my exercise room. We went everywhere yesterday and I ended up buying one at a pawn shop. I’ve never bought anything at a pawn shop before. Quite the experience. I did, however, get a TV for $30, so I’m happy. I watched (2) shows yesterday and had no problem being on the treadmill for an hour. It helps with the boredom! I know this sounds silly, but I always worry when I buy something used. I like to meet the person that is selling it. I don't want to bring bad energy into my home. I kinda worry that the TV was stolen and it brings bad energy with it. My DH thinks I'm nutty, but that's just the way I feel about it.

I finally got to play with the Wii Fit last night. OMG! I cannot believe how fun it is! My DH and DS played too, which made it a nice family activity at home. We hula-hooped, which my DS looked like he was convulsing… the boys just got no rhythm. LOL! It was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in a while. All in all, I recommend it. I had a great time and played with it for about 45 minutes. My DS played for an hour!

Our friend (Keith), my DH and FIL are all gone to buy a hot rod for Keith. He’s been looking for quite some time and finally found one. So right now, it’s just DS and I at home and its nice. He’s playing the Wii Fit right now. I’m torn… do I limit his time on it? How long is too long? I’ll make him leave the house and play in a little bit. For right now, I’m liking the quiet time.

I’ve started a September thread, so post there starting tomorrow. Here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2341106#post2341106

Karen31
08-31-2008, 11:23 PM
Hello Everyone--- Well, I didn't get many steps in today darn it. Only 6474 so far and it is already 8:15 pm. I am a little upset too-- I was just getting on the Gazelle when I noticed a baby fawn outside that was hurt. I watched and his/her left back leg was just flopping when he walked. I called our sherrif (couldn't find a # for dept. of wildlife) and they had the wildlife dept. call me. In the meantime, saw another baby that was also hurt and a doe! we heard shooting this afternoon and thought it was probably someone target shooting but then thought this was a little to coincidental. The DOW said they can get along pretty well on 3 legs and if they are up and walking they just leave them alone. I couldn't believe it. I know we live up in the mountains but still you would think they would come and check to see what was going on with them.
So I will just have to do better tomorrow. Sorry about the rant! I just feel bad that they wouldn't even come out!

CatR
09-01-2008, 01:21 AM
I am afraid I am going to have to say good-bye. I developed a physical problem in May--can't really go into it in a public forum, but it isn't life-threatening. Surgery isn't a good option--I'll end up with my physical activities more limited than I will when I learn to work with it. I had hoped to be able to maintain my normal activities while I worked through this---I do have alternatives--but I've gotten somewhat worse, so am going to have to back off a while I learn how to live with it.

It has been fun chatting with you all this summer. Happy stepping. :)

sassybiscuit
09-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh CatR, I hope things look up and make sure you take care of yourself. I'm so sorry to see you go. It sounds like you have the determination to make it through anything.