Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #1  
God, Gratitude, Grace

S/C/G: 315 (2/09) /see ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Default 11 lbs in 30 days ...

... and I am so happy. I am so happy because I believe I am finally learning how to manage my eating without starving, binging, defeating myself, depriving myself, counting everything in my head over and over all day and all the other unhealthy things I did to sabotage myself. It has been EASY!

For example, I bought a small pack of Peanut M&Ms on Saturday as a tiny treat (they are low GI after all ) and tonight (Wednesday) I remembered they were in my purse.. .after only having a couple on Sat. You don't realize how big that is for me! In the past, I would have scarfed the whole bag in about 30 seconds and either gone off on an all out binge, or would have berated myself for days for *cheating* and would have starved myself to *make up for it*.... and when I found them again, I had about 5, and put the bag back -- no guilt, no obsessing. I cannot believe the smallest pack of m&ms has lasted me nearly a week

I think I have finally made that *connection* everyone talks about! It isn't as though I have never lost weight before -- I have, but gained it all back and some friends too... but it has never *felt* like this. It has always felt like this huge burden of barely holding it together from one meal to the next with all the unhealthy mindsets and actions I mentioned above.

This is actually an eating plan I can live with forever. I am just happy
allowingslender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Congrats
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/230/185

Height: 5'7

That is wonderful!! Congratulations!
leelily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #4  

that's great!
feypore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

A plan you can live with FOREVER, yup, that's very KEY! You positively exude happiness, you should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Congratulalations, that is a fabulous state of mind to reach. It is so nice to feel your body working with you and not against you; and you working with your body and not against it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #7  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Your happiness and success are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingslender View Post
... This is actually an eating plan I can live with forever. I am just happy
So happy for your success! Best wishes!
shrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/168/115

Height: 5'3

I can really relate to the whole m&m scenerio -- I do that with food now to and its awesome! I havent binged in awhile and even if i do sneak something like a little candy ill have just a bite or two and throw the rest away without scarfing it all down in 2 seconds
its great
lightafterdark is offline   Reply With Quote