WW Clubs and Groups - #203 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

View Full Version : #203 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!

Itryharder
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Turtles,
I went to my WW WI this morning and lost 1.4# It sounds like a lot of us are on a roll and losing weight again. I aim to keep this going and knock off this weight. I rely on you all for support and try to give support back. You all take care, feel well, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
:cool:

CherryAutumn
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Ok official weigh in from home is 1.2 pounds i think. So not as good as it was but still a decent loss since i have mainly been gaining the past month or so.

Judy- Congrats on the 1.4 pounds down! You have always given great support to everyone. Thanks for the fresh start on posting.

Hi to all the other turtles!

bandit2
07-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Congrats Judy & Cherry on your losses! Right direction - keep it going!

I am feeling better & looking forward to long weekend even though they are calling for more rain Sat/Sun - cannot believe how often it has rained on weekends this summer.

My gf came for dinner last night & she brought flank steak she had cooked & we made fajitas & they were very good.

I was away last weekend & probably overate, but have been OP since but feel like I have not lost any weightthis week. I am hoping to not be up at w/i this week. Find it frustrating when the scale goes up when I falter abit.

Anyway, hope you are all doing well.

chrily
08-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Once again, i got sidetracked from you gals. Things are going okay here. Thanks for the suggestions about the quick start guide and checking out the CORE boards. I think I'll do that tomorrow.

Lauren, I know you asked several days ago but I'll answer now...nope its not my kitty. Although I do have a tiger stripe like that, and a white and orange kitty, a long-haired gray old "grandma" kitty and our newest addition is a cute little black and white terror on four legs. Add that to the two dogs (a mini weiner dog and a cockapoo) and you have chaos. Ahhh...they are all good though.

Well Tiana got a letter from her dad and she read it and she cried. I told her he's been trying for several months to figure out a way to tell her that he was having problems at work, and home with his wife, and with alcohol again. I think he was afraid he would disappoint her. I hope he does get the help he needs. He does realize he has some a problem so that is a start. Tiana wrote him back and she read that to me and I am so proud of her. She was afraid to make him mad but she wrote it anyhow...She told him she was scared and worried about him and he does have some tough choices to make. She told him to think about the fact that it could have been her that he hit while drinking and driving and to really think about what could have truely happened to him. He was darn lucky he didn't kill someone. She traced her hand on the letter and told him her hand would always be there for him to hold and she was praying for him to get better and that she loved him. She is such a sweet girl. I know this is hard for her, but she's growing up and not my baby anymore. :(

Tomorrow, since i am home, I am going to clear off my treadmill and find my walking dvd's and get this together. It is funny, I was talking to my daughter's dance teachers mother about one of the girls in the class who is having a hard time with the steps because she is overweight. Nancy flat out told me what she thought and it seemed harsh but true....if the girl wants to be good at dancing she needs to lose weight for energy and flexibility and it won't happen until she wants it bad enough. I was thinking of myself when she said that. If I want to be lighter and healthier....I NEED TO WANT IT BAD ENOUGH! I saw my face in a mirror today at a fast food restaurant and it was so round and I was so horrified. I want to change so bad....Hope you all understand. Well off to bed with me. I have to get up super early to drive my husband down to pick up his sister's truck from the repair shop. Love you ladies!

Itryharder
08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Cherry, congrats on the :goodscale: Yay and :bravo: I love it when the scale goes in the right direction.

Bandit, I hope your scale looks good today. Yes, going off the planand gaining the same 2-3# isn't fun at all, but I know we can do this. I'm back to recording foods in my electronic journal online w/WW and it helps me keep on track.

Chrily, You've got a lot to sidetrack you right now.l I'm sending you :goodvibes: to get through these times and do the best you can with food and exercise.

Princess, sending :goodvibes: for a good week!

Lauren, how's your visit going? What did you do for food? I'd love to hear some ideas.

I just found a new recipe for slushy summer drinks on Hungry Girl online. I also made a cole slaw with apple and raisin and cole slaw mix that is a good staple for me for the hotter weather. It's my summer "go to" much like the veggie soup we use all winter. I'm feeling upbeat right now. I had an MRI and a sonogram because my doc was concerned about my upper chest (well, you know what I mean). In any case all results are in and I'm fine and that's a load off my chest--literally! So I feel I can work this program, get off the weight I've put on, and go on to onederland with joy in my heart.

Sending you all :hugs: and :grouphug: to keep on keepin' on. We're strong women who can accomplish all we dream.
Judy :cool:
234.6/218.8/thinner into onederland :cool:

chrily
08-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Well Judy, I would like to stay and chat but I'm flipping over to hungry girl and checkin out the slushy drinks. I am so tired of drinking diet soda...those sound absolutely yummy and most important-- ICE COLD! Love it.

Well today I am starting the day off with Cheerios and some milk. This is something I will have to change also. I am never too hungry in the am but this one doctor says if you wait til later in the morning to eat something, you are already putting your body into starvation mode where it holds onto what it can. He says even if you just eat something small around 7 or 8 works. I'm a waiter....

Well talk to you in a little bit. Gotta get something in my tummy and take my medicine. TTFN!

chris

LaurenH
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Congratulations on those losses, ladies -- way to go! You're on a roll! :carrot:

Chrily, that's tough for your daughter. {{HUGS}} to her (and to you).

Yes, mom and brother are still with us, leaving next week. It's wonderful to have them around; I wish they lived closer. Judy, as for food ... I'm still doing my own thing. For them, we're grilling chicken (lots at one time, then eating cold leftovers) and hamburgers, having seasonable fruit and veggies (corn on the cob, tomatoes), etc. We had fish one night. Tonight it's whole wheat spaghetti. All basic meals, easy to prepare; fresh food.

I want to check out those slushies!

I hit my 30-pound mark this week (30 pounds since restarting in the spring; 63 pounds since my highest point). That feels good. I also went down an underwear size! There's a non-scale victory if ever there was one. Nobody knows but me, but it sure feels nice. :D

Have a lovely weekend, turtle ones.

Itryharder
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh Turtles, you are the best! Check out those slushy drinks and remember my faux Margarita: 1 can diet Sprite, 2 cups crushed ice, 1 Splenda or WW lemon individual packet, and the juice of 1/2 lime--blend and it's a freebie!
Add 1 shot of Tequila and it's 2 points and makes a lot!!!! :chef:

Lauren, thanks for all the food reminders--that's a way to keep your guests happy. A special weigh to go to you for reaching so many pounds down even while you have family visiting . :goodscale: :bravo: :dance: You've got me laughing about smaller sized undies--what a hoot!

Chrily, I've heard what your doc had to say many times, so I feel it's valid.
Starting with a small breakfast is better, much better, than no breakfast. Weigh to go to listening and changing your habits. :woo:

Okay everybody, let's devote ourselves to a good weekend. If it gets shaky, post here and someone is bound to see the call for help and answer with some support. Sometimes that's all it takes!

My dh and I wanted lunch out and we were trying to think of something not fattening, but a place to sit. We remembered Applebee's and I had a small but yummy steak and broccoli and steamed potatoes for nine points. I can fit those points in my day and it's fine. Now I'm going to post my points so I keep right on track. Can I say that it feels good when I'm OP?
Judy

chrily
08-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Okay Judy, your mock marguerita sounds really good. I'd love to have one with some tequila in it, but my meds do not permit drinking. Darn it!

Today hasn't been to bad per se. I did do a little extra eating I think. I got up late and didn't get a chance to eat before we went to church. It was halfway embarrassing sitting there and my stomach was super loud. But we opened our new church addition today so they had treats from Schwan's on hand. I DID NOT eat any ice cream, I had a strawberry fruit bar. YUM!

I took me a little siesta this afternoon too. I have just been so tired lately. Of course TOM is due in a week so that's the fatigue thing for me. Well I'm going to check out what's going on at pogo.com and then be back later or tomorrow sometime. Talk to you all soon.

Chris

Princess1122
08-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone! The weekend was busy but I did go to W/I... it was sooo bad that I don't even want to tell you the numbers... all of the off plan eating that I had done previously caught up to me quick! I am on plan though and feeling pretty good...

I have to run but will check back later and get caught up with everyone's posts!

Princess

Itryharder
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, glad you're back on track. Those pounds will come off and you'll be feeling even better.

I had a good weekend even with a surprise visit from the "kids" on Sunday.
We had a spur of the moment BBQ and luckily I had stuff for salad and the grill in the house. I asked the kids not to bring a dessert and that worked out well. We had a lot of fun and it's always good to see them.

Today I think may be a lazy catch up day. I did a lot yesterday--mowed all the lawn and played with my dgrandson for a looooong time and he's a bundle of energy!

Okay,l gotta run./ :goodvibes: to us all.
Judy

bandit2
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi turtles:

Was a nice long weekend up here & overall the weather was great. I went to my trailer for most of it & had some company yesterday - my nephew & his gf & their 2 kids came up & that was nice to spend some time with them.

I stayed same at my w/i so was alittle disappointed not dropping anything, but glad at same time not to have a gain. So this weeks focus is to get in some walks, swims & stay OP with my eating.

My dd is away to Montreal for a couple of days then goes to Dominican on Friday for a week, so haven't seen much of her lately. So, this week on my own for meal planning - so no excuses!

Hope everyone is doing well & have a great OP week.,

Itryharder
08-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I know that when you expect to lose weight and don't, and if you keep OP, the next week's WI is a very good one. :goodvibes: to stay on track and step up the :tread: and :strong:

I'm doing well. I think using the computer to track all my points is a huge help. I can't "fudge" with my points when I do this journaling. I did step on the scale and it is budging downward, so I have high hopes for Wednesday's WI. I'm off to baby sit my grandson at my dd's house tonight, so I have to plan carefully and bring my own food. He doesn't eat well, so they have lots of high caloric foods around for him and they are hard to resist. I really want to see another nice loss at the scale because in a couple of pounds, I'll be the lowest I've been since December.

Take care and have a good day. :bravo: for getting through the summer heat.
Judy

Princess1122
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! Back on track and feeling pretty good. DH and I went for a little walk last night and that was really nice. Not sure what the scale is doing since I am afraid to get on it again... LOL.

Hope all is well with everyone!

bandit2
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Judy - good luck at the scales! Good idea taking your own food - no excuses to overindulge with the goodies.

Princess - I am sure you are doing fine at the scales. Nice job on getting in a walk.

Nice day up here but they are calling for more rain over the next few days.

We have set records with all the rain this summer. And before we know it, the cold weather wil be back. And it sure makes for lots of grass cutting.

Have a great OP day!

CherryAutumn
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM
It is nice to see everyones posts.:) I have not been doing so well. I have been trying to find a medecine that will help with my depression and so far it has not been going well.:( It gets frustrating when it seems like there is nothing out there that is going to help.:tantrum:

Well enough of the depressing talk. Thanks for listening.:hug: My weight issues certainly is helping my depression so i need to make an effort to make better choices and lose this weight. It has been around long enough and it is time for it to go.:carrot:

Keep up the good work everyone it is bound to pay off.

Itryharder
08-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Cherry, you are a sweetheart to wish the Turtles words of encouragement even though you're having a tough time of it yourself. I know that your doctor will find something that will help you. We're always happy to listen.
Do you feel up to baby steps to help with your weight? Maybe just drinking more water might help.
In any case, here's a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to help you out.
Judy

chrily
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Cherry, since you are my "twin" in another part of the country, and you seem so much like me, I am sending you ((hugs)) and telling you it will get better. If you don't mind me asking, what meds have you tried so far. I took Lexapro for awhile but it killed my sex life so I switched to Wellbutrin and that was the polar opposite. Then I felt I was fine enough and quit everything for almost a year. Then earlier this year, I started having problems again and tried Celexa. Bad stuff for me--I was so sick from the side effects. Now I am taking a anti-depressant "cocktail". I take Lexapro and Wellbutrin XL and the combo work good. Everyone is right...chin up! There is something out there that will help you. There is tons of different meds, it's just a matter of finding the one that works. And yes I know...it is SUPER HARD in the meantime. Been there and it has always been difficult. Love you sunshine! Hope you're day is going good.

Well all, I'll post more later. The kids are hungry and Nicole wants to go to Toys R Us to pick out her birthday present ( a new bike ). She's going to be 6 yrs old tomorrow.

Chris

Princess1122
08-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Morning all and a very happy Wednesday to everyone. Doing fairly well with my food but still tend to eat too much but I went for a walk last night and got in about 2.5 miles so that was good. My hips are sore from the walking and that just tells me that I need to keep at it so that I don't stiffen up like this.

Beautiful weather here today but got a ton of rain yesterday, our area is like Bandits - lots of rain this summer season but we have had lots of sun also - at least my gardens are doing better.

Our state fair starts today... groan! Love the fair but the food is not friendly! We are thinking of going this coming Sunday so I will get my plan in place now.

Depression is a hard thing to deal with so I hope that all that are suffering with it find some relief soon.

Good luck to everyone with their W/I's this week!

I have to run but will try and check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
08-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi TUrtles,
I'm back from my WI mtg. I gained 0.2#, but I don't think it's a real gain. I wore a different outfit (and I will definitely go back to wearing the same outfit week after week since that works for me!) and I probably just had more in my tummy this WI than last week. In any case, I'm going Core right now! I've decided that's the smartest thing for me to do. In the meantime the leader talked about the mtg. we had 4 weeks ago and looking forward to Labor Day and the loss we could have. Well, I was up pretty high then and I have lost 2.8# since then. I had told myself I could lose 5 pounds by Labor DAy and by my calculations, I can do that. That's why I'll try Core and see how I do==it's always good to shake up a plan.

Good luck to everybody and take care.
Judy
234.6/218/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

Chrily- I have tried Prozac, cymbalta, wellbutrin (made me angry and i would scream at my family. Got off that pretty quick.) Also Zoloft.

Bandit, Princess, and Judy - Keep on keeping on

chrily
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Cherry, Lexapro is a fairly good one. I never had a problem with it really. As for Wellbutrin, there is a difference between the SR and the XL tabs. I do better on the XLs and the SRs made me edgy all the time. When do you get to see your doctor next?

I'm a "donkey on the edge" (from the Shrek movie). I had 3 extra kids last night. Each daughter had someone spend the night and now I feel like pulling my hair out and dropping them all off at the local orphanage. Too much stress. It is hard to keep everyone happy. Actually virtually impossible.

Well hubby has finally decided that he would like to work for someone else. Owning our own business is more than he bargained for. Customers aren't paying and our bills are stacking up, with our acct. in the negative. I'm tired of fighting and worrying all the time and he is too. So he's put some apps in and we'll see what happens. It's in God's hands I guess.

Well talk to you soon,

chris

Princess1122
08-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone! It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend here, sunny and in the low 80's... wonderful weather to work in the yard and garden and go to the fair on Sunday. I have been walking in the evenings, alone as DH does not seem interested in walking right now but I have been chugging along anyway. Not looking for a huge loss this W/I but I will take what I can get.

I was out in the garden last evening picking green beans and tomatoes... we finally have red ones! Yah! Love home grown tomatoes! Picked a ton of beans so I guess I know what our vegetable will be this weekend... LOL. I would like to freeze some as there is not really enough to can them but will have to look up the directions.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

chrily
08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Morning, I just got up a little while ago. I know....I was a sleepy head. I am feeling a little better, but still feeling drained. I was taking Zocor for my cholestoral and was tired all the time. I was going to bed around 9:30 and sleeping until 10:30. I'm normally the night owl so, that was really not normal for me at all and I was having all these little muscle tics (in my eye, in my arm, back, and in my leg). Since I haven't taken it for the last 3 nights, I haven't had a muscle tic at all. I think I'll go with my dad's advice and take fish oil. He has high cholestoral too (ahhh, the genetics of our family) and with the fish oil, his is down to 134, without all the side effects. Problem right now is that I am still super fatigued. It stinks!

Anyhow, the fair is in town here too, Princess. My daughter wants to go with her friends tonight. My younger ones want to go but they'll have to wait until this week sometime. We need to get some money coming first. Well I suppose...I have to get things cleaned up so we can go do something today, maybe head out to the lake.

Chris

Itryharder
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
chrily, good luck on your financial decisions. I hope things ease up for you guys soon.

Princess, good to hear you're exercising and all! My garden is behind yours. I've got lots of basil and a couple of eggplants, but the tomatoes aren't red yet. I'm looking forward to when they ripen. Nothing like garden tomatoes.
Have fun at the fair and really enjoy yourself.

Looks like we've got a busy weekend here all of a sudden. Dd and dsil are coming in for dinner tonight. Then tomorrow we're all heading to a type of county fair with hot air balloons. We've never gone before and it sounds like a lot of fun. If the weather holds out (we're supposed to get rain), we're going to an open field to launch some model rockets. My dear grandson loves this stuff and he's so good! There will be quite a few of us and it should be a lot of fun. Then our niece is having us all back for a BBQ. I'm back to Flex. It is just too hard for me to go back to Core. That's okay. I'll count points.

You all havae a good weekend and remember to keep the prize in sight!
:dance: :dancer: :carrot:
Judy

bandit2
08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi turtles:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I stayed same again at my w/i, so really have to bump things up this week. I just got back from walking track with my neighbour & we did 7 laps, so that was good.

My dd is away in Dominican this week, so will be quiet around here. I stayed home this weekend since it rained most of the weekend. Really have had enough rain this year.

I was looking into another group called TOPS (taking off pounds sensibly) and sounds similar to WW but not as professional. But very cheap. Over summer they only have w/i but no set meeting. So, I might check that out in Sept when the meetings start up. They are calorie counters instead of points, but have weekly information meetings. Anyway, just thinking about it at this point. Maybe something new might get me re-motivated.

I also joined a Womens Social group, & went to 1st coffee get together Friday, so hoping that will open up some new interests and friendships.

Heres to having a great week!

LaurenH
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi, everyone -- just a quick drive-by here. We had house guests this weekend -- again! I think we've got a revolving door or something. They left today, and we've been lazing around, recovering. My mom and brother left last Tuesday after a 10-day visit. My dad and his wife arrive in a week or so. Next weekend we'll be away, visiting friends. So it has been quite the social whirl.

Eating is fine. I ate a bit more fruit than usual over the past week, and splurged on some corn on the cob. But how can you not eat this great produce this time of year? Impossible. And so far, I'm still losing.

Hope everyone is doing well; have a great week!

Princess1122
08-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Morning all and happy Monday! Went to W/I and the meeting on Saturday, was down 2.4 lbs so I was pretty darn happy! Went to the fair yesterday and ate more points then I should have but it was a fun and nice day and now it is over with so it back to chugging along... I should also note that the 1/2 of funnel cake and the corn dog that I ate was very very greasy and did not settle well at all with my stomach so I guess my body is changing because I am not likely to make that mistake again any time soon... maybe one or the other not both!

I hope that everyone is well and enjoying what is left of the summer.

Bandit: I understand what you are saying about the change in plan and getting re-motivated, I hope you figure it out to your satisfaction.

I will check back in later on!

Itryharder
08-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Turtles,
I just looked into the flat belly diet, but honestly I know it's going to be one of those restricted diets and I'm not up to that right now. However, I've got to get stricter and more plausible with what I'm doing. It looks like I may be up almost 2# for my WI and that's ridiculous. I feel like banging my head against a wall. I've been eating for no reason this week and that gets me nowhere! Okay--I know what to do and I'll do it. I'm just not sure I can get this off by my official WI tomorrow. Enough whining.

Bandit, staying the same isn't fun. It would be interesting to see if TOPS works for you. Certainly re-motivating is a constant challenge for us. I'm glad you headed to a Women's Social Group to make new friends and pursue new interests. I do think boredom plays a huge part in negativity in our lives and can also easily lead to overeating. :hug: I admire that you're looking for ways to improve.

Lauren, you're a great inspiration and I'm so glad you're back on this site. You're showing that it is possible to have house guests and still keep on losing. :bravo: :carrot: You are so close to onederland!! Thanks for your encouragement.

Princess, Down 2.4# is wonderful! Keep up the :goodscale: I knew you could do it! I went to a fair over the weekend and I'm with you in knowing that the fatty foods found there can lead to tummy troubles. We're just not used to eating that way anymore. I was going to buy an Italian Sausage Hero for dinner, but the vendors were overwhelmed by the amount of customers and I left the line since it would have taken a long time. Yay!

Busy weekend for me. Went to hot air balloon fair on Saturday, then to a family BBQ on Sunday after shopping for birthday presents for my ever growing family. Also shopped on Monday since my good friend is coming to us on Sunday for her birthday dinner and this upcoming Saturday we are going to be godparents to our little great nephew and we'll be at his baptism.

Okay==gotta run and clean the house and check the veggies in the garden. It looks like the tomatoes may be ripening now. take care, be well and keep on keepin' on!
Judy

bandit2
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - congrats on your weight loss, fabulous!

Judy - sounds like you have been a busy gal - good luck tomorrow at your weigh in.

I have been good the last couple of days & have gone for some walks as well.
Did my 20 min walk at lunch & was nice to get away from the office for awhile. Was sunny for a change which changed back to rain again last night.

Judy - I made your veggie pie AGAIN and had some for lunch & will have another piece tonight with chicken (my gf coming tonight - she made chicken & 3 bean salad) And, of course, a bottle of wine. You are probably tired of me talking about this recipe but I LOVE IT!! Everyone should make this - it is so good & easy.

Have a great OP day.

Itryharder
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, soooo glad you love the veggie pie. I'm making it for dinner for dh and myself tomorrow.
Hey, :chef: here's a low low cal breakfast treat:
lite Eng. muffin or sandwich thin bread (1pt)
2 egg whites
1 slice Canadian bacon
2T. low fat cheese, shredded
salt and pepper, Pam

Spray Pam into small skillet. Cook eggwhites until they are able to be pushed to the side. Add one slice Canadian bacon to pan to warm through. Toast muffin or sandwich bread. Put 2T. shredded cheese on one side of bread. Add bacon and eggwhites to other side. Put it together and eat! I think the points in total for this would be 2-3 points, but I'll check it out on the WW recipe builder site. Hey, it's yummy, not hard to make and a nice change!

Judy

Itryharder
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
It's me again. When I recipe "built" the sandwich, it came to 4 points. However, it really came to 3.5 points which WW's brings up to 4. Then I checked my brand of Canadian Bacon and it pointed out to 0 points for one slice. In any case, I think if you count the sandwich as 3 points, you should be fine. I don't see any of us eating this as a non-stop trigger food. LOL.

I'm feeling better--good to get my griping out of the way. Planned meals for the rest of the week, have a grocery list ready to go, and have a white and black bean salad in the fridge and a pot of 16bean soup in the crock pot. We're supposed to get more rain and thunder this week--odd weather we're having this summer. Good luck to us all. If you get into trouble with food, chime in so we can help you stop!!!!!!
Judy

Itryharder
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
I hope you're all doing fine. Today has been a good day for me. I am going to record some points when I finish posting.

Went to WW's WI and I'm up .4#. That's neither good nor bad--it just is. However,l through away a chance to lose weight this week. I'm doing great maintaining my weight--but that's not the point. So I aim to lose 1.5# this week and have a happy face on next Wednesday.

:bravo: to all of us for :tread: and :strong:
Judy

Princess1122
08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! Not sure what my W/I will be tomorrow but hopefully I will be down a bit... with the fair and all this week I will take what I can get!

Busy here at work so I have not had a lot of extra time to post this week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

chrily
08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
OMG! I can't believe i let a whole week slide with you gals. It's just been an off week for me. Eating is off and weight is up... only a few more days of that dreaded time of the month and the bloated feeling should go away.

Well I see we have had some weight losses for some. GOOD JOB!!! I hope to be in that group soon.

This week we went to the fair. My baby nephew was sick on Wed. when I was watching him. Then his sister and brother got sick (with strep throat) and Nicole was complaining yesterday and so I took her in to the doc (strep throat too). I was sharing food and drinks with Nicole at the fair so I'm waiting to see if I'll get nailed with it.

And I am finally getting hit with the teenage problems every parent dreads. My innocent daughter finally tried to sneak out of her friends house the other night. Her mom caught them..and now she's grounded. She told me they were bored and decided to take a walk and Melissa (Emilee's mom) got mad at them. Duh? I asked the most important question first--what time did you try to take your walk? Her answer....1:30 in the morning. Well geez, and she wonders why we are mad. She's not liking the grounding so much. No going anywhere, no phone, no computer.

Well gonna go. Time to take a bath and relax for a bit. We laid some tile in the bathroom today. Talk to you tomorrow.

Chris

CherryAutumn
08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

bandit2
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone:

Nice sunny weekend up here for a change, so I cut grass & went to trailer & swam lots. So very nice. Eating was not great. Had a few extra snacks.
But have stayed same weight wise for the last few weeks.

Am going to try TOPS in September for a change & as I said before, they are similar to WW but very cheap. So saving some money will be bonus. We are all hurting with the gas being so pricey - so every little bit saved helps out.

Hoping you are all keeping well. Good luck everyone on this journey!

chrily
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey Bandit! Haven't seen you for a looonnngggg time. What's TOPS like?

Cherry-How's it going? Nice to see you checkin in.

Well today has been okay so far. I am nursing a horrible headache though. My allergies are acting up for some reason and I have the worst sinus headache. My upper teeth even hurt. I popped some more allergy medicine when I got home after work so hopefully the pain will let up some. I just hate headaches.

One more week until the kids go back to school and only two more weeks until I start back again. I'm almost done though. This is my last year. YEAAHHH! I have decided my goal is to be at 165 by my graduation date in May, that is losing roughly 6 lbs a month. Gosh, if I can get around 180, I'd even be ecstatic.

Well ladies....I'm going to go kick back on the recliner for a bit and close my eyes and rest a bit.

bandit2
08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi Chrily - In summer TOPS only has weigh ins & meetings start back up mid-September, so that is when I will start. It is suppose to be similar to ww but much cheaper & they have contests, recipe sharing & cover different topics on weight loss. So hoping it will be fun.

Hope everyone is staying on track. Tonight I am making eggplant casserole, so hoping that turns out good & will have that when gf comes tomorrow for dinner. She is making beef strips with veggies, so should be yummy.

What's on everyone's menu this week? I am always looking for something different to try.

Itryharder
08-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I made an eggplant casserole from my garden eggplant and it was so yummy. I did fry it though so that didn't make it WW friendly.

Hi to everyone. Princess, I hope your WI was to your liking. Lauren, I am so happy that you're staying OP with your delivered foods while having company.

Chrily and Cherry==keep on keepin' on=-=we love to hear from you.

My weekend was bonkers! My dd and grandson stayed with us from Thursday on. We were godparents at a baptism. We celebrated dsil's new job with a cool dinner from Cheesecake Factory. We celebrated our df's birthday :hb: here with all our kids and she loved it. Monday we ended up on babysitting patrol again so my dd could pick up her dh at airport, then they got a new leased car and are very excited. Lots of eating activity, so tonight I'm making a spinach/orzo/tomato/basil salad for dh and me. The points will be just for the pasta, so that'll be good. I had shredded wheat and a peach for breakfast. Gotta run and get other things done, but it's good to see you here.

Inspired by Lauren, I'm thinking of getting all my meals ready for the day, putting them on one shelf in the fridge--including snacks--and making believe that that is all I can eat. It might work if I can trick myself. Wish me luck to even start this new point of view.
Take care and be well.
Judy

chrily
08-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Okay, I started out today okay and then lunchtime hit. For breakfast, I had an egg wrapped in a tortilla and some Crystal Light. Then lunchtime, the girls wanted McD's so I relented and gave in. Then its like my brain goes on automatic pilot. I ordered myself a Big Mac value meal without even thinking about what I was doing until afterwards. Granted I can't eat the buns but still is one of the worst food choices I can make. Dinner was okay I think. I had one biscuit made with fat-free bisquick mix and a fat-free muffin and a slice of antelope breakfast sausage (not much fat in those at least), and some Crystal Light.

I will say though....I HAVE NOT HAD A POP TODAY, NOT EVEN A DIET PEPSI! I think pop is a bad thing for me, regardless of whether its diet or not. Tomorrow is day 2 so we'll see what I can pull off. :) I have around 9 months to lose this weight. I want to be as close as possible to my goal before my graduation.

Talk to you later....darling little daughter thinks she needs to play on nickjr.com for a little.

Chris

bandit2
08-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Chrily - I know what you mean about McD's. I also automatically order the Big Mac Combo but I don't go very often, so when I do I enjoy it, journal it and move on. Just think of it as your treat for this week and count it.

I made the eggplant dish last night & it turned out good. So far this week, I have stayed OP so feel good about that.

Hope you other turtles are doing well.

LaurenH
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Hi, tortoise ones.

DH and I spent the weekend in Indiana for an "Amish Luau." :D It was in Amish country, and the theme for the party was luau. The friends were all from Dotti's Weight Loss Zone, another online weight-loss group that I read regularly. We've gotten together a number of times, and it's always great fun. There were about 30-40 people there for the weekend. First time I've been in a pool in a long time, and it was great!

My dad, his wife, and their dog arrive today for a few days. After that, we'll finally be done with all our company! We've been a revolving door for the past month.

Got to add another "grinnie" to my signature today -- 35 pounds since restarting! It feels terrific. I'm hoping once the company all leave, I'll get back on an exercise regimen. I would *love* to be in onderland before our Adirondack trip in early October.

Judy, let us know how the pre-packaging your meals goes. I'm thinking I'll need to do something similar when I end my current plan. (No idea yet when that will be, but it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.) And your spinach/basil/etc. salad sounds wonderful; I'd love to see a recipe!

Bandit, I think doing something different -- TOPS, in this case -- is a great idea. I know I need to shake things up sometimes and take a different direction; otherwise I get stale and stall out. (Or gain!)

Hello to Chrily, Princess, and Cherry!

Itryharder
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Turtles,
Chrily, No soda pop?? :bravo: :woo: weigh to go, girl! Every step in the right direction counts.

Bandit, :grouphug: for staying OP this week. Your WI is still tomorrow, right?
Good luck for a :goodscale:

Lauren, okay==now I've heard it all--an Amish Luau--that's hysterical. Glad you had fun and :cheer: :dance: for losing more weight. You're doing a great job! Weigh to go! Onederland by the fall is inspiring.

Princess, how are you doing?
Cherry, what's happening?

Had a fun--filled week of celebrations and food. Even though I made a lot of "good choices" there were more celebrations and chips and dip than good choices and I was up again at my WI. However, yesterday was great, a couple of the "fast excessive pounds" are gone and I'm on to the next whirlwind. We have nice plans for the weekend and I plan to stay OP even though we'll be eating out a lot.

:dancer: and :woo: to all of us who keep on keepin' on. I'll start a new thread now since we're getting long. See you at #204
Judy

chrily
08-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Well where is everyone????

An amish luau? That's kind of odd and funny! :)

Just had to check in and say hi. I'm going to bed now. Check back tomorrow.

chris