Breakfast and Brunch - Smoothie Ideas

View Full Version : Smoothie Ideas

jenosaurus
07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I love smoothies, in particular for my breakfast.
At the minute I love Strawberry and peach smoothies.

But does anybody have anyother nice smoothies that are low in points too?

Thanks for any ideas you have?

JeN

gtech2mit10
07-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Frozen mangoes are amazing in smoothies, as are frozen bananas. I also usually add a scoop of vanilla-flavored protein powder and/or flavored soy milk.

misslynda
08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
I make my smoothies with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and fresh fruit some ice and a splash of milk if it's not sweet enough from the fruit i put in 1 sweet n low packet

Want2BeThin
09-24-2009, 08:11 AM
They all sound so yummy! I will have to try these variations this weekend.

Thanks!

Feral
09-28-2009, 08:41 PM
I do a container of FF vanilla yogurt and add frozen mixed fruit in from the big bags you can get at the grocery store. Sometimes I'll toss a bit of a banana in too.

3/4 of a cup of frozen fruit is about 60 calories. If you use a yogurt that's around 80 that's 140. :)

I'm also a fan of blueberries and raspberries with bananas.

CrystalMH
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
* I know this thread is kinda old but i figured people still look at it for ideas*

I drink something similar to what feral is talking about which is definately a great idea! Im not a big fan of bananas so i was looking for something just strawberry or strawberry and peach or something. I found the recipe on sparkpeople and i changed it up to make it more healthier but I use:

1/2 cup Unsweetened frozen strawberries-I just throw in 4 or 5 (1pnt per cup) :eek:

1 cup of fat free skim milk (2pnts per cup)

1 packet of splenda (I use sweet&Low) (0pnts)

1 6oz cup of light and fit peach yogurt (yes, peach is the best!) (2pnts)
If you use the 4oz it's only 1 pnt, also u can play around with diff flavors!

1/2-1 cup of ice (i like lots of ice...in my mind i lie to my stomach and pretend its more filling lol!)

**Blend it till it's nice and smooth, it makes about 3 cups depending how much ice you use and it's soooo good, I have it for breakfast every mornin! Also i drink the whole 3 cups. I have an addiction to frozen treats and hey, it's only 5 pnts....lol im greedy :devil:

All in all the smoothie is only 4.5 points :carrot:

SuzRoss
07-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
1 Weight Watchers French Vanilla Smoothie mix packet
8 oz of fat-free milk
1/4 (of a 15 oz) can of pure pumpkin
8-10 ice cubes
Pumpkin pie seasoning to suit your taste

Pour into blender, mix well & enjoy. Pumpkin is a great antioxidant!

Makes 1 serving
3 Points

tessendicott
02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
cup non-fat yogurt
Banana
Four strawberries
cup apple juice

Not sure how much the apple juice is on WW at the moment, but you can always substitute it for some applesauce.

davidpat
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Got this off of the WW website, but it is called Strawberry-Vanilla SHAKE it could go either way...Shake or Smoothie:
1/2 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix, *
2 cup(s) strawberries, sliced
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
4 pts

This shake thickens if allowed to stand. If desired, add 1/4 cup of fat-free milk to each serving to thin to drinking consistency (might affect PointsPlus values) or eat it with a spoon.

Vary the berries for this sweet shake according to what's freshest and in season: Try blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, or a combination of all three.

bandit2
02-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Coffee Banana Smoothie:
1 cup skim milk = 2 PP
1 Banana, 1 Tbsp instant coffee, couple of ice cubes, splenda
Dash of cinnamon OR nutmeg
Blend & Serve

GooGoo1020
12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Got this off of the WW website, but it is called Strawberry-Vanilla SHAKE it could go either way...Shake or Smoothie:
1/2 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix, *
2 cup(s) strawberries, sliced
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
1/2 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt
4 pts

This shake thickens if allowed to stand. If desired, add 1/4 cup of fat-free milk to each serving to thin to drinking consistency (might affect PointsPlus values) or eat it with a spoon.

Vary the berries for this sweet shake according to what's freshest and in season: Try blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, or a combination of all three.
Last edited by davidpat : 02-03-2012 at 08:42 PM.

this recipe sounds great. How many points and/or exchanges would this recipe be?