Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default My Everday Greek Salad with points

I always have a batch of this made up in the fridge. It is 2 points per tablespoon (thanks, leader for figuring that out for me:

1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. salt (or salt to taste - this is the quantity I like)
1 tsp. black pepper

Shake up and store in fridge.

optional - garlic powder *I do not add this for every day for obvious reasons

I get a fairly large bowl and put a lot of romaine lettuce in it. Then I add chopped roma tomatoes and chopped cucumber. I measure out 30 grams of light tre stella shredded feta cheese (2 points). Then, I measure out 3 tablespoons of above salad dressing and pour over top and toss (6 points). This makes a delicious, extremely filling and satisfying 8 point lunch. You can also use grated parmesan cheese and it tastes a bit like East Side Mario's (imho).

Let me know if you try it and if you like it.
Closed Thread