30-Somethings - 30 Something Chat, Tuesday, July 29th

IrishJoan
07-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Mornin':carrot::carrot::carrot:

Hope that everyone has an excellent day. I need to get my exercise in before I start my busy day. I added another child to the equation so my van is going to be loaded down today:dizzy:. Happy Tuesday ~ Joan

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Morning all. I got a good nights sleep and feel good. One more day of work and then I get a day off...woohoo.

Hope everyone has a good day.

pmasci
07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Hey ladies...

glad you got a good night's sleep GG!!

Joan, have fun at the zoo, hope it's not too HOT!!!

Got in my 2 mile walk this am...off to color my hair (I'm starting to look like a grandma, lol) then to take the kiddos to the free movies. After that, who knows??

Have a great day!!

P

pmasci
07-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh, forgot to ask, Valerie....do you thin the Benefiber helps you go?? Not to be gross, but I have issues with that, but when I eat oatmeal, cheerios, anything with fiber, it just gives me gas...sorry, girls, but I had to ask..I have often thought of doing that dual action cleanse, anyone tried that??

RLK2005
07-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Kerry (from last night): Thanks for the tips--you are right. I forget that small changes are good, too, and I am making some of those. I need to focus on that!!

Good morning! I got up early and exercised--couldn't believe how hard it was for me to get thru my workout. But, I am off to a good start. I hope you all have a good day w/all your activities. I am without a van right now so me and the kids will just be home today. Have a good one! Rikki

poppyseeds
07-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Well... Pam.... to be honest, I am using it to up my fiber intake because I've heard it can help you lose weight. But I have been noticing a few side effects... OK... a LOT of side effects.

Now I don't know what you call passing gas in your house but to keep it clean for the kiddies, we call them bunnies. However, I have a new name for them... Bene-bunnies. Pronounced just like Benefiber but... different.

I am definitely more... regular. ROFLMAO!! Is this a TV commercial??? LOL

Dual action cleanse? Never heard of it but it sounds like something Roto-Rooter would use!

hollymommy
07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Good Morning, all! Hope you all have a good day! I am at work, going to schoool in about an hour, back to work, then to the Dr, then back home to help with VBS for 2 1/2 hours and then finally home to collapse! :dizzy: Well, then I will need to pack my lunch and make sure I have things ready for tomorrow!

I added another child to the equation so my van is going to be loaded down today.
I did that over the weekend...in fact, I seem to aquire an extra kid every few days! LOL!

Morning all. I got a good nights sleep and feel good.
A good nights sleep is always wonderful! I have been so tired lately that even 8 hours doesn't seem like enough!

Got in my 2 mile walk this am
Good job! I can't manage to get any excercise in until I get to work - then I use the gym in the rehab center.I don't know what I'd do without it!

Well, I hope everyone has a good day! I'll try to check in when my head isn't spinning!
Holly

KAR73
07-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Morning All,
Sounds like you are all off to a good start this morning. I am still trying to wake up this morning. Finally went to bed at 1:15 last night after reading my book. Slept good until 3 when I had to get up to go pee. Then dh was snoring so loud that I laid in bed for a while before falling back a sleep. So by the time the alarm went off this morning at 8, I didn't feel like I had any sleep at all. But I did get up and plan on taking a nap this afternoon when my stepsons take their's before they head off to football practice.
Rikki good job on getting in a workout this morning. Those hard ones will turn into easy one's. Keep up the good work! See you had been making little changes and didn't even notice it. Way to go!! Enjoy your day!
GG, glad you got a good night's sleep. Sounds like you needed it. Have you ever found a camera for your trip yet?
Joan, enjoy your day to the zoo. I hope that it is not too hot for you. Have fun!
Pam, congrats on your two miles this morning. Enjoy the movies! What movie are you going to see?
Lauren how is your mom doing? Sending prayers her way for a speedy recovery.
Hi to everyone else. Need to go eat my breakfast. Hope you all have a great day! Check back in with you later.
Take care,
Kerry

PearFreak
07-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Mornin' Ladies!!! :)

Here's hoping that the dizzy-light-headed spells are gone for today. I am upping my water intake. I try and drink atleast 12 glasses a day, but will try harder. :bunny2:
The kiddos and I are off to the gym, as soon as I finish my coffee intake for the morning. ;)

Poppyseeds--- I am LMBO reading about your Bene-Bunnies :rofl::rofl::rofl: How often do you intake Benefiber in a given day? I think I may--- err-- want to give this a try, hey if it helps with loosing weight, and is upping the fiber intake. It's all good :), well excpet from behind :p

Well need to get my rear in gear...

Kofarq
07-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi, ladies. I have a few things to do today. The in-laws are throwing me a wedding shower this evening! I asked if there was anything I could do to help, and because I'm a braggy show-off, they got me to do my own cake!! What should I put on it? Congratulations to ME? Nah...

mcmommy2
07-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey all.
Kerry- Thanks for the well wishes. WW is no more...just weigh in at home.
I am so ready for school to start! Why is that? We complain and want out when we are there and then can't wait to get back! What a vicious cycle!

Val- Thanks for the support...I can't wait until tomorrow morning. I hear ya on the fiber...what is with that? And if you want to eat healthy and burn stuff up...ya got to eat it!

Hope all are well...enjoy the day!

lois lane
07-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Mornin everyone!

Guess its almost afternoon though. DD and I are sipping coffee this morning and being lazy, I took the advil pm last night and I can still feel it.

Pam, I saw someone asking about the Tony Horton 10 min trainer, I saw the post of the homepage, its probably under exercise though.

Kofarg, congrats on the wedding and the party tonight.

Kerry, you still set you alarm while on summer break? Sleep in girl!

Holly sounds like a very busy day!

Poppy thats funny, is the benefiber something you mix in your drink or is it a pill?

Rikki, welcome!

Joan, have fun with all those kiddes!

Hey everyone else!

yana
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi gals,
I have a meeting in 5 min so, I will be back later. Just wanted to say HI!

lois lane
07-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to ask, for those of you who joined the sparkpeople. Are the calories they suggest accurate for you. It gave me a calorie range between 2400 and 2500, I think thats too much. What did you guys think?

RLK2005
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
lois lane...Spark told me 1200-1500 calories, which is good for me. Maybe you could go back over the quiz and see if everything is right or try a different calorie quiz online and see what it says?!

Took the kids for a walk and had a healthy lunch...I did ask my Dad to drop me off a diet pepsi on his way to a meeting. I am trying to cut out pop completely but I am weak...

KAR73
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Afternoon,
Alicia, I have to set the alarm for my dh to get up to go to work. But most days I can go back to sleep for about an hour or so. I find on sparkpeople that their calorie range is realisitc. My range is 1220 to 1550. But yours sounds a little high. I might recheck it if I were you.
Erin, I hear ya on the school thing. Good luck with your weigh in. I have mine tonight at TOPS. I am a little scared because I think I might be up some. I didn't workout for two days over the weekend and we had a birthday party to go to. When do you go back to school?
Pear, hope you don't have anymore dizzy spells today. Enjoy your trip to the gym.
Kori, enjoy your bridal shower this evening! Atleast you know what kind of cake you are going to be having. LOL Have a great time!
Holly, sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Hope you have sometime to relax in there. :)
Hi Yana. Hope you meeting goes well!
Hi to everyone else. We have an extra kid at our house today until football practice at 6. So it should be fun here. Chat with you all later.
Kerry

yana
07-29-2008, 01:23 PM
The meeting went well! Now I can relax and do some stuff at home.

Pmasci - good job! i need to walk too... I need some motivation.
Rikki - you too, way to go! :carrot:
Poppy - I know what you are talking about. I visited their website (cleanse) and what I saw there made me throw up. My girlfriend used it, but she didn't have anything to come out of her like on that web site.
Holly - have a great day!
Pear - Hi girl!
Kofarq - Have fun at your wedding shower. Share pictures!
mcmommy2 - Have a wonderful day!
Lois - I think you are right. It was kind of alot for me too. I use different website. I use active low carber website to log my food and they have good forum too
RLK2005 - enjoy your diet pepsi!
Kerry - have fun with an extra kid!

Hugs
Yana

mamatoni
07-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone.

Rough morning at our house. DS is getting sick and was up a lot last night, just sort of wimpering. Combine that with DD who had a hard time with staying asleep last night...I feel like mama zombie today. Then on top of it, DH finally agreed to go to the dr. this morning...he has been throwing up every morning for the past 2 months, he feels better later in the day (I keep telling him it sounds like morning sickness to me :lol:), but I have been trying to get him to go to the dr. FOREVER, he just insists that it's no big deal. The past couple mornings have been pretty bad for him...sigh, at least he'll go in now.

Those who asked, I go back to school on Aug. 13, in TWO weeks! :fr: I am starting to feel ready though, always kinda feel that way in the fall, makes going back a lot of fun. I get a classroom with a window this year, so that is something else to look forward to. :)

I signed up at sparkpeople, but haven't had much time lately to do much with it. I am 4mamatoni on there.

sigh...gotta go, kids are calling.

yana
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
OMG we just had 5.8 earthquake....

pmasci
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey girlies!!

Val- yeah, like Roto-Rooter for your INTESTINES!!! Which at this point sounds good to me!! I am not regular at all, in fact it's been three days...ugh.

Kori, hope you have a good time tonight. Do you do cakes? I do them, and cookies too. I would love to see your stuff if you do!!

Alicia, I'm the same as Kerry 1200-1550. I would definitely recheck it...you may have entered something wrong. Hope you are a little more awake, and have a better day !!

Kerry, when do you start back?? Seems like everyone is back in mid-August. I wish. Around here it's Sep. 2nd. Of course they go until June 17th or so, which I don't like. Think they should get out & go back two weeks earlier. It would be great.

Lauren, where are you?? Hope mom's okay...

Alright, gotta go log some food & water.

TTYL.
P

pmasci
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
YANA...HUH??!!! Where are you??, and are you okay??

yana
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
YANA...HUH??!!! Where are you??, and are you okay??
I am in California.... I was supposed to go to work today, but decided to work from home and it's like 25 miles from epicenter. The epicenter was just next to my work building. Ouch....

lois lane
07-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Yana, hope everything is okay there. Good thing you are at home! Is 5.8 a bad one?

Pam, not to get gross but here goes.... If thats your problem, the lady that I work for has a similar problem. She started taking something (prescription) in the morning. It has helped her alot! One day before they started her on this, her daughter had to give her three enimas (sp?) in one day. OUCH! If you'd like I could get the name of the stuff. I mix it in her coffee for her when I make her breakfast.

poppyseeds
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Alicia... Benefiber is a powder that you put into a drink. I drink it in water and it dissolves completely. I've been feeling much better since I started it a few days ago. I even put it on my sparkpeople foods so I can keep track of it. It is 25 calories for one tablespoon (1x day) and 3g fiber, and I bought the +calcium version so it has 300mg of calcium too. I have IBS with either constipation or diahrea and I've been going 2ce a day, which is sooooooo nice. Ew... I can't believe I'm talking about this. ROFMAO!!! :)

Yana... hope you and your family are OK.

poppyseeds
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Forgot to mention. My sparkpeople calorie range is 1820-2170. I think that is too high so I try to stay under 1700. So far it seems to be OK because that's what I've been staying under since I started.

Remember, the more you weigh and how tall you are are also factors. As you lose, the allowable calories drops also (SP doesn't make this calculation for you though as you lose weight). The good news is the heavier you are, the more calories you burn when working out. Yeah... good news but not quite worth staying fat for!! LOL

RLK2005
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Yana--I saw an article online about the earthquake (news gets around fast, I guess!). I hope everything is okay!

I managed to combat my emotional eating today--really wanted to dig into some junk/sweets to combat my mood but had yogurt w/granola on top instead. It's been a good day--didn't even finish my pop, which is HUGE for me. :) I hope you are all doing well--I've posted a lot today, I know!!

Rikki

yana
07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi gals,
Yes, everything is fine here in California. I tell you, 5.8 is scary. Stuff falling off of shelves, pictures falling.... house is making cracking noises... But all is fine now..
Thanks for asking.

mcmommy2
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
hey all...
rikki- it is good that you posted alot..if you are posting, you are getting support and hopefully not eating!

Yana- hope all is well now. earthquake is not in my vocabulary and hopefully never will be...how scary!

I tried to be super good today and I think it worked except for the Smirnoff raspberry ice i'm drinking now...(kids got to me...hubby too.) hopefully it isn't too bad...gonna log it next!

take care and have a good night...see you all tomorrow!

mamatoni
07-29-2008, 08:32 PM
rikki, good for you on tackling that emotional eating :cp: I have had a tough time with that recently. Getting on 3FC really helps keep me on track.

Pam, can you set me as a friend on spark people so I can see your page...if you want me to...I am 4mamatoni on there.

yana, glad to hear you are okay!

Kerry, hope your weigh-in went well!

GG, glad you got a good night's sleep and have a day off to look forward to! :)

Alicia, I agree the calorie range seems seems high, mine was 1300 to 1700ish.

Everyone else, have a great night. DH and I might go see The Dark Knight. Fortunately I have never been a sucker for theater food so no temptation there... :D

KAR73
07-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Evening All,
Well I just came home from my meeting. I gained 5.25 in one week. I can't understand how I could gain that much in one week. I could see a pound or two, but five and a quarter. So I am going to be super good this coming week and workout everyday. See if that helps me lose it. I have been hurting in my pelvic area for the last two days. I wonder if that might have something to do with it. Oh well, I will not get myself all depressed over it. I did go out to dinner with the ladies from TOPS this evening. We went to the Chinese restauarant in town. They all ordered sweet n' sour chicken. But I was good and got a scallop,shrimp, chicken and veggies off the diet menu. So I guess I won't let this set me back too much.
Sounds like you all have a wonderful day. Having the extra kid at the house was nerve racking because he was wound for sound. So hopefully tomorrow will be a quieter day with the kids if they come over.
Yana, glad everyone is okay. That must have been scary.
Rikki, congrats on doing well today. See you didn't think you had it in you did you? :)
Erin good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Toni, hope you get some sleep tonight. Enjoy the movie!
Hi to everyone else. I must go gather up the trash out of the bedroom, bathroom and laundry rooms so my dh can take it to the road when he gets home. Enjoy your evenings!
Take care,
Kerry

RLK2005
07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Thank you all for the support--it is sooooooo nice to have!!

Erin--I understand the kids and the hubby getting to you--that's me tonight, too. Argh.

Thanks again--I am proud of how I have done and happy to have people to share it with. :)

SunshineCA
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone! :)

I didn't get a chance to post earlier. I had a full day of tending to DH, the kids, my Mom, my Grandma, meal planning, shopping, Mom's taxi service, 5.8 quake :dizzy: and all the 10,000 other things we tend to have to do. Whew! We don't get paid enough!!! :faint:

I still need to fix dinner for tonight and get a jump on tomorrow's meals. We have leftovers from last night so that's always available for those who can't wait.

So.....here's to another successful day!! :hat: