LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends July 29 to August 3

erin1369
07-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a great op weekend. Looking forward to a great week!!:carrot:

Mama Nicole
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Well, it looks as if Laurie and Erin were thinking alike this a.m. :) Good morning!!!!

erin1369
07-28-2008, 12:02 PM
We posted at exactly 8:06. Kinda funny :)

chiquita623
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Erin - Great minds must think alike!!! I posted in the thread I started for everyone to disregard it and to use this one.

Today is day 2 of FF. So far so good. I weighed myself this morning for the Labor Day Challenge and I'm a pound down. A step in the right direction.

I've got someone waiting on me. I'll be back later. Make it a great Monday everyone.

jewljz
07-28-2008, 01:45 PM
HEY! I just realized I was promoted to "SENIOR" member! I wonder what types of discounts that allows me??? J/K :)

My kiddos are back!!! I'm so excited to have them back after 3 weeks with Grandma and Grandpa! the bad news... my house is trashed after only 2 days!!! How does this happen??? they are like miniature whirlwinds!

This is the week I really need to get my butt in gear and stop training 'mentally' for the 1/2 marathon and start training physically! My plan is to run Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Friday I am doing yoga with a friend. Wish me luck on my 'plan'.

erin1369
07-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Laurie it's funny we posted at the exact same minute! I just finished a FF (sat and sun) and am happy to report a 2 pound loss over the weekend. It was really hard to stay on because the weekends are hard enough without the FF. I worked out quite a bit so that's why I did FF and not TO. I only had 2 and a half protiens and 5 veggies per day.

Repo girl
07-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Morning everyone!!!

Heather5
07-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Everyone!

It has been a while since I posted. My schedule has been really busy lately, but in a good way. Starting in the fall I am going to be teaching my first college course in addition to teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade math. I am looking forward to the fall, but it is going to be extremely busy. :dancer:

Well, I gained a few pounds this weekend, so I started FF today. My goal is to take off the few pounds that I gained plus a few more between now and next Thursday (8/7). I am going on a mini vacation to the 1000 Islands where I will be doing some boating and of course a lot of eating. I am going to do my best to stay on track, but it is the going out at night which is going to sabotage my plan. If I don't gain anymore than I am right now, then I can do a FF when I get back and be right where I want to be by the end of the summer.

My goal is to be 135 by the end of the summer. Every summer I end up gaining 10 to 15 pounds just from the eating, drinking, parties, weddings, etc. I am not going to do that this year. So far so good except for this past weekend!

Sorry for the long post! I hope that everyone has a great day and I will check in with everyone tomorrow!

Dan- thanks for the enchilada recipe the other week! Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to try it, but the recipe is in my cook book.

Heather

ferrarimomof2
07-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I hope that everyone is off to a great start on there week. I did FF Sat. and Sun. and I am happy to say the scale said a 3 lb loss. I really hope that I can get back in the swing of things. Today, my problem has been eating at all. I volunteered at my DS's school registration today and stayed pretty busy. I must say it was nice to get out and do some work especially after my stressful summer. Sometimes it is just nice to change the pace. I plan on eating fish for supper. Well, I better go fix it.

Talk to everyone soon.

jesskahle
07-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey everyone!! I had a wonderful weekend :) Took the kiddo to a children's museum and then just had a great mommy&me day on Sunday since DH had to work.

Today's WI went well!! Down 3.6lbs in 5 days- not too bad if I say so myself! Dh was down 6! He gained last week though somehow but now we are both at a 12+lb weight loss- and just started week 3:)

Glad to see everyone's weekend went well Heres to staying on plan!

BarbaraB
07-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Heather, You can do this! Or should I say we can do this! I'm going camping next weekend and, like you, I'm a bit worried about how to handle the food situation and still have fun. I just need to plan ahead and bring healthy food instead of junk. Also I plan on being extra active when we go.
So hopefully I will burn off anything that I do eat. I'm trying really hard to get out of the mind set of vacation from work = vacation from healthy eating.

Katie, how was the service in the park for your Grandma? How is your mom doing? My heart goes out to her, with her medical crises and losing her mom, which no matter how old you are there is a sadness. You were lucky to live to adulthood knowing your grandma, as many people lose theirs before they really get to know them. At least I thought that after I lost my last grandma, that I was blessed with the time with her.

JLem311
07-28-2008, 09:43 PM
hey everyone! just wanted to check in really quick. i'm having the most AMAZING time with my DH! the dress was a huge hit! :)
everything is going really well and i actually bought a vehicle yesterday too. :)
i'm still in shock that DH is back with me..it's still a little surreal. but we're loving every minute of it and i couldn't be happier. i feel like a newlywed! all giddy and happy! :) i just can't tell y'all enough how happy i am and how much i appreciate all the advice and support you've given me since he's been gone. thank you so much. :)
anyways..gotta go. we're planning on driving back from NC to SD on friday, the 1st. so think of us and pray for safe travels.
love to you all.
xoxo.

Repo girl
07-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Oh Jillian, I am so glad that you are having such a great time!!!

Barbara- My mom is doing good. She handled her second round of chemo a lot better than the first one. She also transferred from the school that she has been teaching at for the last 15 years to a school that is right by our houses, and is also my kids' school, so she is really excited about that. We packed up her entire classroom and moved it on Saturday. The service was wonderful. The balloon ceremony was so beautiful. The cemetary is at the foot of the Grand Teton mountains. It was a nice, breezy day, and the balloons drifted right up into the mountains in the sky. It was picture perfect.

Heather5
07-29-2008, 06:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Jillian-- It sounds like you are having a great time! I am so glad that you went with the dress! Have fun on your road trip.

Barbara-- Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Katie-- Your family is in my thoughts. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma and your mom's chemo.

I was going to start TO yesterday, but I forgot about a dinner that I had to go to last night. Instead, I am going to do TO today and tomorrow. Hopefully we can get the couple of pounds off plus a couple more. When I first started the plan a long time ago they put me on the gold plan, but I wasn't working out. When I was working out almost every single day they had me on the red plan. Right now I have been doing a lot of walking almost every single day and trying to do some weights at least 2 days a week. When I am done with TO I am going to try the Red plan and see what happens. That is a lot of food.

Have a great day and talk to you tomorrow! I am off to summer school for the morning!

Heather

chiquita623
07-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday. Mine will be just OK as I'm working and I really don't want to be here!! Yesterday was day 2 of FF and I forgot I was going out for dinner last night. We went to a mexican restaurant that just opened and I got the chicken fajitas. I ate the chicken and veges (no tortilla) and had a little cheese and about a teaspoon of sour cream. I know it was probably loaded with salt so am really going to try to get in lots of water today.

I am also going to try to only weigh myself on Mondays and Thursdays. Mondays so that I don't go too crazy over the weekend and Thursdays so I don't go too crazy over the weekends. So far so good on that little resolution.

Jillian - Sounds like you are having an absolutely perfect time with DH. I will keep you in my prayers for safe return home.

Katie - I'm glad your mom is taking the chemo well and not having too many side effects from it. I'm glad the balloon ceremony went well with the wind cooperating.

DBF has to go see a nutritionist this Friday afternoon and I think I'll tag along. He's a diabetic and he needs to learn how to eat correctly to control it. Since I do all the grocery shopping and 99% of the cooking I thought it would be a good idea to see what they said about his eating plan. I'll let you know what they said next week.

Better hop off here for now. I'll try to check back in later.

erin1369
07-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Glad to hear everything went well with the balloons Katie. Hopefully it was a day filled with celebration of your Grandmas life.

Sounds like you are having a great mini vacation with your DH Jillian. I'm sure you looked stunning in your dress :)

I had a pop day yesterday. I go for my WI today and am not looking forward to seeing the difference in morning WI and afternoon WI. Even though I know better it still gets me down. I am too hard on myself sometimes.

NIcole thank you so much for Deb's cookbook. I printed it out before I realized just how thick 338pgs is. I now call it Debs encyclopedia of LAWL recipies. LOL.

Have a good day and be good to yourself. :p

Mama Nicole
07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Good morning everyone :) I don't have time this week.......and I hate that, but I am happy to report that I was POP yesterday ! Whoohoooo!!!

So happy for you Jillian!!!
XOXO

zambejaly5
07-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi every one. I have been having a very fun but very busy summer....... ok well vast amounts of it have been spent by the pool, but no computers there. I have not been focusing on food much, and have stayed about the same, which is better than getting bigger! I am hoping to still get the job at the jail. they are still working on my background check and all that stuff. once I hear from them I hope to get internet at the house again. and that will make it easier to come play.

I will try to stop back by soon,

Debbie24
07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Morning everyone.

So i'm really back now. I set up my ticker for the weight i gained on vacation and i'm hoping to lose it fast. DH was home all last week and its so hard to stick to plan when hes here because we go out so much and it never works so i'm glad he's back to work today.

Thank you all for your encouraging words on last weeks thread.

I hope you are all doing well and you will be seeing more of me.

jewljz
07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Dionne - glad to see you back in the swing of things :-)

Jess - I'm so excited for you, it is so encouraging to have big losses in the beginning and really contributes to your drive to continue!

Jillian - So happy that the dress was a hit!

Laurie - That is so cool that you get to visit a nutritionist! I would love to hear if the recommendations are much different than what LAWL suggests...

I made the philly cheesesteak from the LAWL recipes online last night, it was really good and everyone ate it! This is one that I will be making again!

BarbaraB
07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Lettie! Good to hear from you. Good luck on the job!

Katie, that does sound so touching with the balloons to the sky. I'm glad it was a good service and that the church people didn't mar it too much for you.

Debbie, Vacations do tend to be times when most people gain a few pounds, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Jillian, I'm so happy that you are having such a great time! What kind of car did you end up with? Drive safe. How long does it take to drive from NC to SD?

Repo girl
07-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Good to see you Warden Lettie!

Heather5
07-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Here is to a good Wednesday! I read in a post not so long ago that someone bought a book about walking to lose weight, do you have the name of the book? I walk almost everyday and I would be curious to see the details of the program in the book.

Can you use the food exchanges on the bottom of recipes for LA exchanges? I think the exchanges are there for people who are diabetic.

Have a great day everyone!

Heather

jesskahle
07-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Katie, I am so happy the balloon ceremony worked out beautifully.What a great way to honour someone.

Jillian- I am so happy you wore the dress! And even happier it was a success!!!! What kind of car did you buy?

Jewljz- Thanks for the encouragement. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so the big numbers are def encouraging! I have to keep it in the back of my head though that this is just because Im in the beginning. I know I am bound to hit a few plateaus on the way.

Is the cheesestake recipe in the cookbook?? I might have to try it when I can have red meat again:)

erin1369
07-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

Had a op day yesterday. My g/f came over for dinner and made a spinach, strawberry, chicken breast salad with seeds (sunflower/pumpkin) and cashews. It was amazing tasting, filling and used up all my leftover servings for the day.

Do you think it's a bad think if I always miss one of my starches? I can't seem to get it in early and don't like to eat right before bed. I think 2 starches is enough for me. 5 more lbs and my cod will start to see if my weight loss slows down and move me to plan #1. They won't move me unless I am not losing 2lbs per week. Has anyone been on plan #1 with lites?

I have a 3 day anniversary camping trip coming this weekend I shoud start planning for. Any great op camping suggestions? I went a few weeks ago and stayed op, but am always looking for great advice!

HAve a great day~

Heather5
07-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Jess-- I searched for the philly cheesesteak recipe yesterday and found this on a previous post. I don't know if this is the one, but it looks good and I think I am going to try it. I don't have the cookbook, so I am not sure if it is in there or not.

Good Luck! :)

Heather

Famous Philly Cheesesteak: (1 P 2S 1/2 Dairy 1 Fat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 pound beef sirloin
Nonfat cooking spray
1 onion sliced
1 green pepper sliced
4 6-inch hoagie rolls split
4 oz light mozzarella cheese, sliced

Combine seasonings in a small bowl; rub mixture into sirloin.
Wrap in plastic or wax paper. Partially freeze beef sirloin for about 30-60 minutes.
Remove from freezer and thinly slice sirloin.
Coat large skillet with non fat cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; saute until soft and lightly browned. Remove from pan.
Coat skillet again with spray. Increase heat to high; add beef and cook about 5 miutes or until desired level of doneness.
Divide meat and veggies evenly among 4 rolls; top with cheese. If desired place in a warm oven or under a broiler to melt cheese before serving.

478 cal, 44 g pro, 38 g cho, 17 g fat

Just thought i would copy and paste this to this thread. I think it turned out really great! I would give it two thumbs up!!!!

Britt

ferrarimomof2
07-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am feeling better about myself. I have been on plan for two days straight and did FF on Sat. and Sun. I got on the scale this morning and was down 4 lb. So, I am excited to see the weight that I put back on start coming off. I got to thinking the other day that I have to get me my butt in gear. I need to be pregnant by March. And I would love a couple of months to enjoy my weight loss before trying. So, I am back on the motivated trail. DH starts his new job on Monday and I can't wait to get back into some kind of routine.

Jillian- I am so happy for you that you are having a great time. What kind of car did you buy? I am also glad that you wore the dress.

Julie- Thanks, I see your ticker moving Great job!!

Erin- great job staying on plan

Debbie- good to see you back. You will have that .2 off in no time and probably some more.

Nicole- Congrats on being POP

Lettie- Good to see you back.

TO everyone else that I missed- Hello

I hope that everyone has a great day.

jewljz
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Heather - That is the recipe! It was really good! I always wanted to know how to make it, but was intimidated by the thinly sliced meat - I've asked for years where I could buy it already cut up! So when I read this one that says to freeze the meat a little before slicing, it made sense!

Dionne - I had to laugh out loud at your comment "need to be pregnant by March"... not that there's anything wrong with planning, but I read a bumper sticker once that sums up my whole "kid" situation (and I warn, I may have posted this before because I tell people this all the time)... it said "Wanna make God laugh? Tell him your plans!" We planned everything out! Wait until one gets out of daycare to have another, so they would be spaced exactly 5 years apart... we succeeded at this, but when my DH was 6 mos old I started having problems with BFing, milk was dwindling, I was sooooo exhausted... actually thought I had cancer!!! Only to find out I was 4 mos pregnant!!! Thought it was the end of the world and that there is no possible way we would ever make it on our salaries and me becoming a SAHM was not an option! Funny how things just fall into place... he's the light of my life now, can't imagine things without him!

Mama Nicole
07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
:wave: LETTIE :hug:.........hey girl.......I have missed you!!!!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Katie......glad to hear your mom is doing ok. How cool is it that she will be teaching at the school where your kids go. She can be their gaurdian angel from 8-3 :)
XOXO

cecil
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi there ladies!
Wow the weekend was terrible for me. But I am back on track now. I having a hard time I keep adding an extra starch at the end of the day. I need a good yummy substitute for an evening snack. Any suggestions.

Jillian glad to hear the trip is going well!

Dionne, I knew the weight would come right back off!

Lettie! What's up? Long time no see!

Nicole, awesome job being POP!

Hi to everyone else! Sounds like you are doing great!

As for camping ideas Erin I do a lot of veggies and fruit a fresh pinneapple is the best especially grilled! yum just like candy. Chicken breast marinated on a light bun! Also great! But I tend to stray when I am away such as camping do my suggestions probably aren't the best?

Hope you all have a great POP day!

Sige
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Hey Erin - where in Beautiful BC are you? I'm in Kelowna.

zambejaly5
07-30-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks guys. I have missed you all too. I hate not having internet at home. I am doing ok. still hovering around 200 give or take. but I am getting refocused. I have basically done nothing since I showed up here last. so I guess it is time to get my but back here! It is hard when I only come to the library once or twice a week. then I am way behind and get over whelmed and just end up lurking. I will try to just check in just to update my ticker if nothing else and stay accountable.

Nicole, I bet that baby of yours is getting big, huh!

erin1369
07-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Sige, I live right next door in Kamloops! We are going to Clearwater lake this weekend. It is a boat in only camp so no roads in. Last year we canoed in, this year we are going to take the river up to Azure so we are bringing a aluminum boat and 9 horse motor to make it up. I have heard there are the most breathtaking waterfalls there and it is well worth the trip. It is a glacier fed lake with creeks and small falls everywhere, so beautiful. Good to see someone so close to home! Take care.:)

ferrarimomof2
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Julie- I am glad that I could make you laugh. The bumper sticker is so funny. I know that God has his own plan. I would just like to have my third and planning on final child by the time I am 35 I will be 35 in Dec 09. However, if my plans don't coincide with God's he knows best.

Katie- I am glad that your mom is doing good and that she will be teaching at the same school as your kids.

Cecil- I am sorry you had a bad weekend. I to tend to want more starch at the end of the day. I usually save a piece of fruit for the end of the day and usually eat an apple or orange. And you know what else drink more water.

Nicole- You are so right about it feeling so good to stay on plan.
I went to the center today for my official WI and was down 3.6 from when I weighed in last week. A little different numbers than my scale but you know different times of the day and such. I am happy with the results so far.

I hope that everyone is having a great afternoon and staying on plan.

ferrarimomof2
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh yea, I just had to share this with ya'll.

My DH told me yesterday that he didn't mean for this to sound bad if it came out that way. But, that if I didn't loose anymore weight he was perfectly happy with the size I am now. That he loves the way I look right now and looks at me all the time. I told him I wanted to loose another 30lbs at least to bring my BMI down. He said that he would support me if that is what I chose to do. I just wanted to share with ya'll about my great husband.

Mama Nicole
07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
awwww, Dionne.......I especially liked that part where he said he looks at you all the time :)

jesskahle
07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a FABULOUS week! I am at work so can't chat just wanted to say hi!!

P.S. I FINALLY got my ticker!!!!

Jess

Heather5
07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in! TO did not go very well. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that it is TOM. I decided to cut it a day short and start the red plan. The red plan is a lot of food, but I am down 2 lbs from Monday. I used my treadmill for an hour yesterday and I went for a walk along the lake with my DBF for about a half hour.

I am off to clean my house, which looks like a bomb went off in it. Have a great day everyone!

Heather

BarbaraB
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Heather, I've not had the best of luck mixing TO and TOM either. I suffered through it and still gained a pound or two. Nothing trumps TOM on the scale for me. Hey housework counts as exercise too!

Dionne, The BMI is just a made up number. Sure it is based on your height, but nothing else. People of the same height can weigh a wide range of weights and be healthy. I find that the insurance tables to be a better reading than the BMI, since they take into account your frame size. For me on the insurance tables (they say to put in your height in 1 inche heels) and I checked and I have a large frame (no shock there, but I thought I'd check just to be sure). So my range is 149-170, which really is where I feel the healthiest. For you, if you are large framed, that would be 128-143, so maybe not the whole 30 pounds needs to go. Of course if you are actually small framed, then it would be 108-121, so that would mean more than 30 pounds... I really think that is a better target than stictly BMI. Of course that is also your weight in 3 pounds of clothes, but I imagine that is about
what you'd normally wear to go and be weighed at the COD. So anyway, I'm still trying to get my weight down below my BMI number again, but it is really hard for me to stay there, as my body just wants to be just a few pounds above it.... ARG!

ferrarimomof2
07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Barbara- Thanks, I did look up my frame and I a medium frame. So, that puts me at 118-132. So, I don't have to loose the 30lbs if I don't want to.

Heather- TO and TOM doesn't work for me either.

I hope that everyone is having a great day.

chiquita623
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Good Friday Morning Everyone!! It's almost the weekend - yea!!!!!!

I have a quick question for Barbara - you've mentioned the blue plan before and I was wondering what the difference was between blue and gold - bigger portions, more servings, done with Lites?

Thanks a bunch. Better run. I'll be back later.

jewljz
08-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Barbara, Thanks for the info on the insurance charts - I measured mine as well and found that my goal is right in the range for a medium frame. when I was young I weighed about 105, I knew I could never get back to that without looking anorexic and that is why I am trying for 125. Although I think I will be stuck in the 140's for a while - the scale is not budging!

Mama Nicole
08-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Holy man..........summertime is killing our forum!!!! I just wanted to pop in real quick, say hello to everyone, and say that I am down 3.2 lbs this week! Whoohoooo!!! Only trouble is, I will be celebrating 13 yo DD's B-day, going to a concert downtown, it's called live on the levy down by the arch......we are going to see Boys to Men..........and then my D-Day is the 5th......so I am super worried I will be a hog!!!!! I will eat cake......cuz I LOVE CAKE......but I will try to be good otherwise :) Have a great weekend everyone :)

and Katie......are things starting to settle down yet?
XOXO

4princesses
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
hope you are all ready for a POP weekend! I have been putting all my food (other that what I plan to cook for supper) in a personal lunch bag and it is working really good for me. That is what I eat and it is easier to see what is going in my mouth. It is so much easier just grabbing something ready to go. I am off to the park with the kiddoes. :) Oh yeah... and I switched to the luna bars and I am REALLY enjoying them.

winkie03
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Good morning everyone. I know it's been a while since I've checked in, but I just wanted to say hello!!!

Katie: Is your avatar a picture of your new puppy? Chihuahua? I just got mine too. Her name is Lexie and she was born 04.20.2008.

Here's a picture.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3043/2722599554_5188f170be.jpg?v=0

jewljz
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
My friend talked me into doing yoga/pilates with her and her trainer this morning... I thought 'how bad can yoga be?'... well let me tell you, he kicked my *ss! Before the workout, I didn't want to shove my breakfast so I ate a lite, after the workout I was ravenous! I ate all my lunch, one of my fruits and my other lite and I feel like I could still eat! Not to mention I feel this tremendous exhaustion! I don't feel like this after I run... does anyone have any ideas why I would feel this way??? I'm a little hypochondriac and so my first thought is that death is near and I should see the doctor... please ease my mind.

cecil
08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Omg! Evette she is sooo cute! I have puppy fever!

krjpy
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
JulieZ - relax... I find that yoga tend to really burn more calories than people expect. Because of the poses, your muscles are "really" working harder than you think they are. I find that if I do my yoga in the morning, I need to drink a protein shake for breakfast and will still tend to be a little hungery.

BarbaraB
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Julie, You probably just have a bit of low blood sugar. I often get really hungry after working out harder than normal. It only means you burned off some calories and your body wants to replace them.

Evette, what a cutie! Makes me want a puppy. My DH would freak if he read that though.

Nicole, Be careful around all that cake! Give yourself the gift of self respect, which is what you'll have after you eat just a small amount of cake. Wow, you are just dropping weight right and left recently. A great after vacation correction I guess.

Laurie, Blue is very similiar to gold only you get an extra half serving of protein (same sized protein portions) and an extra starch. I think everything else is exactly the same.

BarbaraB
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Kelly, Wow! You made it to onderland! I just noticed. Great job!

chiquita623
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks Barbara. I am thinking about doing Blue instead of Gold.

krjpy
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Barbara

ferrarimomof2
08-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Kelly- CONGRATS on onderland!!!!! :)

Julie- I feel the same way after I do my body flow class ( a combo of tai chi, yoga, & pilates) You are not nearing death just burning calories.

Hello to everyone else also.

I have been off this morning trying to get the rest of the stuff for DS to start school on the 11th. I must admit I am going to miss him really bad but I am looking forward to getting back into a rhythm with DH going to work on Monday and DS to school the next week. I am hoping that that will really help me start shedding pounds.

Well, I better go do housework.

krjpy
08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes - I can see the parents running through the aisles in the Staples comercial with "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" playing. I always thought that whoever came up with this commercial was brilliant

Mama Nicole
08-01-2008, 04:00 PM
you are soooooooooooo right, Barbara!!! :hug:

And Kelly.......girl....you get a big old WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am such a slacker today.......please make me do my work!!!!!!!
XOXO

Repo girl
08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Kelly- Good job!!

Nicole- Yeah, things are settling in. I am being a little lazy this week. So tired all the time.....weird. How are Emily and Maria doing?

Evette- So good to see you. Your baby is darling. What is her name? My avatar is of my new baby. He is 6 months old now. His name is Skippy Jon Jones. He is a real firecracker. He really makes me laugh.

jewljz
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
thanks for the input guys! I had a skinny latte which helped tremendously this afternoon - I was missing both my dairies anyway!

winkie03
08-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Katie - Her name is Lexie and she cracks me up as well, she's now 13 weeks old and she's really nippy and has tons of energy!! Skippy John Jones!! Cute!

Dan2112
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey gang... Another quick check in from the fire.. It's going well here and things are ramping down.. I'm out of here tomorrow (Saturday) and will fly home VERY early on Sunday morning..

Missing every little thing about home.. I enjoy camping, but two weeks in a tent is starting to be a bit much.....

Talk to you all with more frequency next week!!

Hi Evette!!! good to see you!

4princesses
08-03-2008, 10:27 PM
back in from hanging out at the lake all day with the girls. I was so good on plan yesterday and today and I feel amazing. We will see what the scale says in the morning. Looks like you all are busy this weekend! We have a holiday Monday so we will be enjoying more time with my husband home. YAY!

Joni135
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
So good to still see some familiar names and faces...Hi Nicole (HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Post MASTER!!), Katie, Evette (your new furkid is adorable...little dog for little people, eh??), Lettie, Jillian (OMG you LOOK like a newlywed!), Dan (still working hard, I see)......

So, I have a question...is everyone/anyone still going to an LAWL center. The one by me closed/relocated, but I would not join/pay again, because I think this site was better than any center....just seems like they are all going under. I guess the premise of the whole program is still a very good one to follow....and I'm glad to see folks doing so well! I'm just hanging on..no losses, no recent gains.....When I was leaving the gym this morning, I said to myself...heck...you are 50....just enjoy the fact that you can work out and live life....don't worry so much about the food intake. And guess what...I don't seem so obsessed with food today. Mind over matter.

Well, I will TRY to start posting a little bit more often....I have a Thanksgiving vacation trip to look forward to and it sure would be nice to be 15 lbs lighter for the trip....time will tell!

Repo girl
08-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Yahoooo, Joni!! Good to see you!

Mama Nicole
08-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Wow......the planets are aligning!!!! HI JONI......and thanks for the B-day wishes!!!!!
XOXO

JLem311
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
JONI! so great to "see" you!

Kimphin
08-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Joni! Good hearing from you. No center anymore for me - they packed up and skedaddled out of town.

Oh and - heck, you are 50 - post in whatever weeks thread you want! (kidding)

Mama Nicole
08-08-2008, 11:53 AM
:rofl: