South Beach Diet - I am totally confused

View Full Version : I am totally confused

lanagrace
07-28-2008, 10:25 AM
I am going to try to find the book today but I thought cheese was seperate from dairy and cottage cheese is under cheese. One person says thats right and the other says everything cheese and milk is covered under dairy. If I kinda messed up a little the first day on phase 1 do I have to start it over? I ate like 20 calories over on my sf treats and may have eaten too much dairy

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
From the Phase 1 food lists in the FAQ section:

CHEESE (Fat Free or Reduced Fat )
for hard cheese, look for varieties that have 6 grams of fat or less/ounce
American
blue cheese does not come in reduced fat so use in moderation
Cheddar
Cottage cheese, 1-2% or fat-free
Feta
Mozzarella
Parmesan
Part-skim Ricotta
Part-skim String
Provolone
Swiss

MILK/DAIRY
Except for half and half, 2 cups allowed daily, including nonfat yogurt or lowfat plain yogurt
Greek Yogurt nonfat
Low-fat milk (fat-free and 1%)
Fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 (2 tablespoons)
Low-fat plain, vanilla, or artificially sweetened soy milk (4 grams of fat or less per 8 ounce serving). Be sure the product does not contain high fructose corn syrup
1% or fat-free buttermilk
yogurt low fat or nonfat plain

Cottage cheese is counted under cheese and not dairy. Dairy is basically yogurts and milks...and is limited to two cups a day. Cheese is, well, cheese.

pookynutt
Cheese is seperate from dairy including cottage cheese. Just remember all low fat or fat free (although i cannot stand the ff!) so you can have 2 cups dairy (milk, nonfat plain yogurt...) in addition to the cheese. does that help?

pookynutt
she posted that as i was typing! go zeffryn!

zeffryn
07-28-2008, 10:29 AM
copy and paste is a girls best friend ;)

lanagrace
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
copy and paste is a girls best friend ;)

Ok becuase on my last post ladybug said its considered cheese.

ladybugnessa
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I am going to try to find the book today but I thought cheese was seperate from dairy and cottage cheese is under cheese. One person says thats right and the other says everything cheese and milk is covered under dairy. If I kinda messed up a little the first day on phase 1 do I have to start it over? I ate like 20 calories over on my sf treats and may have eaten too much dairy

20 calories is nothing

this plan is NOT rocket science. stressing about it will keep the weight on you more than the 20 calories will.

cheese is protein

dairy is milk or yogurt.

zeffryn
cottage cheese? It is considered cheese.....

cottagebythesea
Lana, you don't have to start all over again. Just try to watch your "sweet treat" calories, and you'll be fine.

Until you get the book, refer to the stickies in our FAQ section. You'll find the answers to many of your questions in there.